Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows
beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best progressive media!
If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below.
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Yes they was a shooting at Fort Hood this week and the MSM has desperately tried to link this to "Islamic Extremism". Overshadowed by this extraordinary event are the events that took place in Italy. Alternet reports
Claim: CIA Sent Prisoners Abroad to Be Boiled Alive and 'Raped with Broken Bottles': Craig Murray, the rector of the University of Dundee in Scotland and until 2004 the UK's ambassador to Uzbekistan, said the CIA not only relied on confessions gleaned through extreme torture, it sent terror war suspects to Uzbekistan as part of its extraordinary rendition program. "I'm talking of people being raped with broken bottles," he said at a lecture late last month that was re-broadcast by the Real News Network. "I'm talking of people having their children tortured in front of them until they sign a confession. I'm talking of people being boiled alive. And the intelligence from these torture sessions was being received by the CIA, and was being passed on." Glenn Greenwald weighs in with A court decision that reflects what type of country the U.S. is: Yesterday, the Second Circuit -- by a vote of 7-4 -- agreed with the government and dismissed Arar's case in its entirety. It held that even if the government violated Arar's Constitutional rights as well as statutes banning participation in torture, he still has no right to sue for what was done to him. Why? Because "providing a damages remedy against senior officials who implement an extraordinary rendition policy would enmesh the courts ineluctably in an assessment of the validity of the rationale of that policy and its implementation in this particular case, matters that directly affect significant diplomatic and national security concerns" (p. 39). In other words, government officials are free to do anything they want in the national security context -- even violate the law and purposely cause someone to be tortured -- and courts should honor and defer to their actions by refusing to scrutinize them. Greenwald points to Scott Horton @ Harpers Second Circuit Affirms Dismissal of Arar: When the history of the Second Circuit is written, the Arar decision will have a prominent place. It offers all the historical foresight of Dred Scott, in which the Court rallied to the cause of slavery, and all the commitment to constitutional principle of the Slaughter-House Cases, in which the Fourteenth Amendment was eviscerated. The Court that once affirmed that those who torture are the “enemies of all mankind” now tells us that U.S. government officials can torture without worry, because the security of our state might some day depend upon it. And The WSWS report in Obama signs bills for record Pentagon, Homeland Security spending the Nobel Peace Prize winner President Barack Obama signed legislation authorizing the largest ever military budget, a gargantuan $680 billion for the Pentagon, including $130 billion for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. On Thursday, he signed a spending bill funneling another $44 billion into the Department of Homeland Security, to strengthen the apparatus of state repression within the United States....The combined total of $724 billion for war and repression demonstrates the real priorities of the Obama administration, and the American ruling elite as a whole. At that rate, the Pentagon and DHS will spend more in 18 months than the entire cost of Obama’s so-called health care reform. Two months of Pentagon/DHS spending would cover the budget deficits of all 50 states.. But the Sunday Talkies will skirt around all these obvious facts in favor oif the dice and slice the "Fort Hood Shooter" motives. Leading that effort is Army Chief of Staff GENERAL GEORGE CASEY on Meet the David and State of the King. Face the Bob gets a roundtable match of JACK REED, LINDSEY GRAHAM and IKE SKELTON while This Snufagupolis gets Chairmen MICHAEL STEELE and TIM KAINE to yell at each other. Make sure you listen to Ring of Fire Radio with NAOMI KLEIN, Rep. ALAN GRAYSON and BRAD FRIEDMAN. Max Keiser has more good info about GOLD and RENDITIONS plus AntiWar Radio has interviews with the "other" SCOTT HORTON and GARETH PORTER and more plus more info on PBC with SIBEL EDMONDS. The Brick TeeVee Crew had a setback with some sort of FLOO with fever and chills but staved off the worst with massive amounts of various herbal remedies and Vitamin C & D in time to celebrate All Hallow's Eve with more herbal remedies and standard-issue adult beverages, and stayed too late to post last week. Do check out this week's BTV Alerts and get involved!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
»»» Maher Arar Case @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Appeals Court Rules in Maher Arar Case: Innocent Victims of Extraordinary Rendition Cannot Sue in US Courts
»»» Goldman Sachs @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Low Road to High Finance: McClatchy Expose Reveals How Goldman Sachs Sold Off Billions in Mortgage Securities After Anticipating Housing Collapse
»»» Armando Spataro @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Italian Prosecutor in Case Against CIA Operatives Hails Convictions for ’03 Kidnapping of Egyptian Cleric
»»» Jeff Biggers @ Democracy NOW! a journalist covering mining in the Appalachian region and author of The United States of Appalachia. WATCH As Massey Energy Blasts West Virginia’s Coal River Mountain, a Debate on Mountaintop Removal Mining
»»» Week in Review @ GRITtv Last year on election day, we discussed the election and the future of America; hoping for an Obama victory and with it some restoration of the things we’d lost under Bush. This year, we looked back with some of our guests from that day on what they said then and what they think now. WATCH Week in Review: Hope: After a Year, What Does It Mean?
»»» Economic Stimulus @ GRITtv The Dow might be up and the economy might be growing, but where are all the jobs? With a multibilliondollar stimulus package facing criticism from Republicans for growing the deficit and from some on the left for being too small, we wonder just where the money did go. WATCH The Stimulus: Too Little, Too Late?
»»» NASCAR on ABC It's the Dickies 500 from Texas Motor Speedway! Coverage begins at 2:30 pm et
»»» Football in America on NBC Week 9 Cowboys @ Eagles Coverage begins at 8 pm et
»»» NBA on TNT Thursday Double Headers! This week Cavs @. Heat (8 p.m. ET) & Suns @ Eagles (10:30 p.m. ET)
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!
Too Big to Fail, Too Big to Exist Act Bernie Sanders (I-VT) says: We believe that passage of The Too Big to Fail, Too Big to Exist Act is essential for a strong American economy and a secure future for ourselves, our children, and our grandchildren. We urge the immediate enactment of the Too Big to Fail, Too Big to Exist Act, which directs the treasury secretary to compile a list of those financial institutions that are too big to fail in the next 90 days, and to break up these banks and insurance companies a year after the legislation is signed into law.Petition to Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner - Too Big to Fail is Too Big to Exist. SIGN NOW!
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION II!
MobilizeForHealthCare.org From Bruce Dixon - Editor, Black Agenda Report: If Democrats Don't Pass Health Insurance Reform This Year, What Do We Lose? And What Do We Gain? Medicare For All, single payer will enable the working poor to make a stand where they are, and lift themselves out of poverty by organizing for and demanding a greater share of the wealth they produce every day. By removing the dread of financial ruin due to illness or injury, single payer will enable working people to fight for their own collective economic uplift. That's why the struggle for guaranteed and universal single payer, Medicare For All is the real deal right now, the key to unlocking a better life for millions in the near future, a concrete focus of the civil and human rights movements of our time. It's time to mobilize for Medicare For All, now. Go to www.mobilizeforhealthcare.org and take your future, your family's future into your hands. Donate to provide legal assistance and bail money and other expenses. Volunteer to be present at a legal demonstration, or to put your body on the line in a nonviolent demonstration for health care now at the offices of an insurance company near you.MobilizeForHealCare.org SIGN UP NOW!
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,359 Military Dead as of Nov 7, 2009
AFGHANISTAN: 916 Military Dead as of Nov 7, 2009
Support iCasualties.org DONATE NOW VIA PAYPAL
2,384 days since "Mission Accomplished"
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
- This Week (ABC)
• Republican Chairman Michael Steele and
• Democratic Chairman Tim Kaine
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, Cokie Roberts, Sam Donaldson, Donna Brazile and Republican consultant Frank Luntz.
- Face The Nation (CBS)
• Sen. Jack Reed, D-R.I., Senate Armed Services Committee
• Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., Senate Armed Services Committee
• Rep. Ike Skelton, D-Mo., Chairman, House Armed Services Committee
• Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla., Vice Chair, Democratic National Committee
• Ed Rollins, Republican Political Consultant
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• CYBER WAR - Could foreign hackers get into the computer systems that run crucial elements of the world's infrastructure, such as the power grids, water works or even a nation's military arsenal, to create havoc? They already have. Steve Kroft reports. Graham Messick is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC)
• GEN. GEORGE CASEY Army Chief of Staff
• GOV. HALEY BARBOUR (R-MS) Chair, Republican Governors Association
• GOV. ED RENDELL (D-PA)
• ROUNDTABLE: The New York Times' DAVID BROOKS, The Washington Post's E.J. DIONNE, msnbc's RACHEL MADDOW and Republican strategist and former RNC Chairman ED GILLESPIE.
- State of the Union With John King (CNN)
State of the Union with John King offers a blend of newsmaker interviews, political analysis, national and world affairs and cultural segments, plus an hour of Reliable Sources media analysis, hosted by Howard Kurtz, airing every Sunday from 9 a.m. through 1 p.m. et
• Army Chief of Staff General George Casey
• Governor-elect Bob McDonnell, R-Virginia
• former President of the Soviet Union Mikhail Gorbachev
• Democratic strategist James Carville, and Republican strategist Mary Matalin
• Hour 2 - Howard Kurtz & "Reliable Sources", now a part of "State of the Union"
• Hour 3 'Sound of Sunday' segment - soundbites from all the other shows that we can blow up REAL BIG with our guests and more! (Hey we gotta fill up four hours!)
- NEW! The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast.Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media. We are taking YOUR calls! Call 1-888-5-PETER-B toll free, that’s 1-888-573-8372 & Press 1 to leave a general comment.
• Info on Podcast #57 Published on 24 October 2009 by admin in Podcast Info -- Former FBI Agent John Cole talks about his work on counterintelligence, the Sibel Edmonds case and his own experience as a whistleblower. This is the 8th in our series of Boiling Frogs interviews, co-hosted with Sibel Edmonds.
• Info on Podcast #60 Published on 1 Nov 2009 by admin in Podcast Info Melvin A. Goodman, former CIA analyst and author of “Failure of Intelligence” joins me and Sibel Edmonds for another installment of The Boiling Frogs interview series. Goodman offers sharp criticism of the CIA for its missteps and political players like Robert Gates, George Tenet and Cofer Black. He talks about the risks of further US escalation in Afghanistan and much more. Visit Sibel’s powerful new site, www.boilingfrogspost.com
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ Our good friend David Bender will be filling in for Bobby this week.
• This week on Ring of Fire, we’ll be talking with the Congressman with Guts – Alan Grayson. He’ll tell us why he isn’t afraid to confront the GOP on issues like healthcare reform and contractor fraud.
• We’ve also got best-selling author Naomi Klein with us to talk about why wealthy countries need to start footing the bill for their contributions to global warming.
• We’ll also be talking with Brad Friedman from the Brad Blog about what the teabag protestors are really mad about.
• We’ll also be talking with author Viktor Mayer-Schoenberger about how people are putting their identities at risk every time they willingly fork information over through online scams, social networking sites, and even through harmless emails.
• We’ve also got Andy Bichlbaum from The Yes Men with us to talk about how he and partner Mike Bonano are exposing corporate America’s greed, one prank at a time.
• Join our blog at http://www.ringoffireradio.com/
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• [OTE26] On the Edge with Max Keiser – Full EpisodeStacy Summary: Here is the entire show on Youtube. Guest, Ellen Brown.
• Golden Jibber Jabber Stacy Summary:We know the long term trend. But, for today, why not make some very short term guesses. Is gold going to break $1100 today? Or will profit taking start in earnest just below that? WHOOPS! Gold hits new record above $1100. @ Marketwatch
• Craig Murray: ‘Raped with broken bottles’ for Enron [UPDATED] Stacy Summary: The MSM is apparently outraged by the verdict in Italy case. Here is more news on CIA torture. READ CIA sent people to be ‘raped with broken bottles & UPDATE: For an alternative take on this story, here is Jerome a Paris on the Afghan pipeline
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton & Charles Goyette
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Scott Horton interviews The Other Scott Horton (no relation) (mp3) 50:58 Nov 1 2009. The Other Scott Horton (no relation), international human rights lawyer, professor and contributing editor at Harper’s magazine, discusses Bush administration torture documents just released to the ACLU, the DOJ’s embarrassing 8-30 losing record in Guantanamo habeas hearings, how Gitmo was filled up courtesy of Pakistan’s bogus “terrorist” roundup after 9/11, Dick Cheney’s culpability in allowing Pakistan’s ISI to evacuate Taliban and al Qaeda leadership from Afghanistan, the Cheney family’s frantic pre-emptive defense against possible DOJ prosecution, the British High Court decision to disregard the CIA request for secrecy in the Binyam Mohamed torture case and the inspiration FOX’s 24 has been to torturers around the world.
• Scott Horton interviews Gareth Porter (mp3) 27:39 Nov 1 2009. Gareth Porter, independent historian and journalist for Inter Press Service, discusses Iran’s counter-proposal to the IAEA enrichment deal, the ambiguous meaning and political sensitivity of nuclear “breakout capability,” continued defense of the 2007 Iran NIE by U.S. intelligence agencies, a new generation of efficient uranium centrifuges intended for use at the Qom facility and how the ever-increasing sanctions imposed on Iran by Congress are tantamount to declaring war.
• Scott Horton interviews Eric Margolis (mp3) 55:04 Oct 30 2009. Internationally syndicated columnist Eric Margolis discusses the low quality of traditional media news available to U.S. audiences, how the Afghanistan election runoff is shaping up to be just as fraudulent as the first go-round, U.S. support for mujahedeen between the Soviet withdrawal from Afghanistan and 9/11, broad realization that even the best laid plans could end in defeat in Afghanistan and allegations that Ahmed Wali Karzai is yet another “made man” CIA asset.
• Scott Horton interviews John V. Walsh (mp3) 36:45 Oct 30 2009. John V. Walsh, frequent contributor to Counterpunch.org and Antiwar.com, discusses Democratic Left leaders’ frequent visits to Kabul, the inability of a puppet government to be representative, China’s preference for international trade over military confrontation and how the USSR was felled by an unworkable centrally planned economy.
• Governor-elect Bob McDonnell
• Rep. Chris Van Hollen, D-Md.
• Reps. Mike Pence, R-Ind.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!