Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows
beamed across America by Corporate Media plus some good progressive radio.
If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below.
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Obama's Address to the Joint Session of Congress last Tuesday was followed by remarks by Lousiana Guv Piyush "Bobby" Jindal, who spun a story about him and a sherrif during Hurricane Katrina.TPM Muckraker explains, "The key elements of Jindal's story were that he was in Lee's office during the crisis itself, and that his support for the sheriff helped ensure the rescue went ahead. Neither of those things was true, it now seems...Hilariously, Jindal's office keeps going back to Politico to try to straighten out its story, but it's only digging itself in deeper." Nothing like LYING right out of the gate on your first shot at talking to the U.S. Citizenry on National TeeVee! Haha! With that tidbit in mind, FAKE SNOOZE goes with an ALL-GOP lineup featuring former lobbyist & Senator JON KYL. The WH sends out its Limo Force! First, Face the Bob gets the whole-show sit-down talk with RAHM EMAUNUEL. Then OMB Director PETER ORSZAG appears on This Snufagupolis, State of the King gets Joints Chief Adm. MIKE MULLEN, followed by SoD BOB GATES on Meet the David, focusing on the
12 15 19-month Iraq troop withdrawal and the escalation in Afghanistan. Get your load of bricks ready for This George's Roundtable with KARL "I don't need no stinkin subpoena" ROVE who refused to show up for the THIRD TIME to John Conyers' House Judiciary Committee to testify about his alleged involvement in the firing of U.S. Attorneys and the alleged political prosecution of former Alabama Gov. Don Siegelman. Yet here he is on teevee as an "analyst"? So Obama White House Counsel Gregory Craig said February 14th "But [Obama] is also mindful as president of the United States not to do anything that would undermine or weaken the institution of the presidency." So it's gonna be a kinder, gentler still-secretive Imperial Presidency? In a related story, the Obama White House still won't release "lost" emails from the previous occupants. Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) argued, “Hiding behind technical jargon and theoretical constructs, defendants attempt to obscure three basic facts: we still do not know how many e-mails are missing; we still do not know the source of the problem that caused e-mails to be missing in the first place; and we still do not know if the problem has been fixed.” How about that? For those of you who just can't get enough of Piyush "Bobby" Jindal, tune in 60 Minutes. Check out Ring of Fire Radio with guests GRAHAM NASH and PAUL BEGALA and Cindy's Soapbox has CHRIS HEDGES, the former Middle East bureau chief for the New York Times and war critic. Lastly get some straight dope on the economic meltdown on The Oracle with Max Keiser. The Brick TeeVee crew is going through shoe boxes full of reciepts, tickets, check stubs and the odd half-eaten pizza slice trying to put together our glorious 2008 1040 tax return. We were going to call H&R Block, but we figure maybe we should just ask for $45 Billion the way CitiGroup has! If you don't have any taxable income, how does a tax credit help?
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
BRADBLOG on Peter B. Colllins Brad Friedman of Bradblog.com is off this week but Peter talks with Brett Kimberlin, from Velvet Revolution and Noah Kunin in Minneapolis as the Franken-Coleman recount case gets cold. Click Peter B Collins 02/27/09 H3 @ Green 960. Green 960 - The Peter B Collins Show Archive
NASCAR on Fox From the Las Vegas Motor Speedway it's the Shelby 427! Brothers Kyle and Kurt Busch, both Las Vegas natives, put their cars on the front row. Because of an engine change during Friday's Cup practice session, Kyle Busch (new track record 185.995 mph) will drop to the rear of the field for the start of the race, while third-place qualifier Jimmie Johnson (185.688 mph) moves up beside Kurt Busch into the pole position. Coverage begins at 3:30pm et
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
4,253 Military Dead as of Feb 28, 2009
2,133 days since "Mission Accomplished"
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
- This Week (ABC)
• Office of Management and Budget Director Peter Orszag
• Republican Whip Eric Cantor, R-Va.
• Roundtable: Karl Rove, former adviser to President George Bush; Katrina vanden Heuvel, editor of The Nation; Democratic pollster Stan Greenberg; and ABC's George Will.
- Face The Nation (CBS)
• RAHM EMAUNUEL White House Chief of Staff
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Man Who Knew Harry Markopolos repeatedly told the Securities and Exchange Commission that Bernie Madoff's investment fund was a fraud. He was ignored, however, and investors lost billions of dollars. Steve Kroft reports.
• The War Next Door Drug-cartel fueled violence has turned into a war in Mexico, with thousands of deaths and the government battling well-armed gangs whose military-quality weapons come mostly from U.S. dealers. CNN's Anderson Cooper reports.
• Bobby Jindal He's been called the Republican Obama and some think he may run for the presidency some day. But his opposition speech after the president's address to Congress this week caused some to say he's too young and inexperienced. Morley Safer profiles the governor of Louisiana.
- Meet the Press (NBC)
• Exclusive! Secretary of Defense Robert Gates
• ROUNDTABLE: Fmr. Rep. Harold Ford, Jr. (D-TN); GOP Strategist Mike Murphy; Vanity Fair's Dee Dee Myers; and MSNBC's Joe Scarborough.
- State of the Union With John King (CNN)
The new program, hosted by CNN Chief National Correspondent John King, airs every Sunday from 9 a.m. through 1 p.m. et
• Joint Chiefs Chairman Adm. Mike Mullen.
• Liz Smith: Fmr. New York Post gossip columnist
• Suze Orman: Personal Finance Expert
• Rep. Neil Abercrombie: (D) Hawaii
• Howard Kurtz (formerly of CNN's "Reliable Sources", now a part of "State of the Union")
• more! (Hey we gotta fill up four hours!)
- MARON v SEDER
Mark Maron vs. Sam Seder LIVE STREAM Weekdays at 3 pm et!
amazing graphic & logo by nicole s.
Go to MaronvSeder.com to watch & listen! Very cool!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/
• Legendary singer and songwriter Graham Nash will be here to give us his thoughts on the current state of American politics from the war in Iraq, to our economic meltdown. He’ll also give us the inside scoop on the release of his new CD box set, which chronicles his 40 years in the music business.
• We’ve also got political strategist Paul Begala, who’s got some interesting ideas on how to handle the Republican governors who claim that they don’t want any of President Obama’s stimulus money.
• We’ll also be taking a look at race relations in the United States, and we’ll find out why Obama’s victory might actually be the beginning of a new form of racism in America with author Tim Wise.
• And author Melody Petersen will join us to talk about how pharmaceuticals are no longer working to invent new medicines, and instead are ramping up their marketing campaigns to push out “blockbuster drugs.”
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Dave Marsh on XM 167 Listen to podcasts of Dave Marsh LIVE! @ xmfan.com via E STREET RADIO.
As reported by ghettodefender Sun, 02/08/2009 - 5:28pm.
wiki: Dave Marsh (born March 1, 1950, Detroit, Michigan) is an American music critic who briefly attended Wayne State University, became a co-founder of Creem magazine, wrote for various publications such as Newsday, The Village Voice, and Rolling Stone, and also edited Rock and Roll Confidential, a newsletter about rock music and social issues. Marsh is also a member of the National Advisory Board of PROTECT: The National Association to Protect Children.
XM put this guy on this afternoon, and I though he was great. Not as good as Sam, but a hella of lot better than a rerun of Rachael. Mostly, he talking about Phelps and our stupid drug laws. He really wanted callers. Was easy to talk to. And never pulled a Randi. Anyway, I don't know anything about him, but so far I'm glad I'm hearing him.
- Max Keiser Radio! Podcasts and more @ Karma Banque Radio!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• This week's entry: The Oracle with Max Keiser - 27 February 2009 Three parts! Excellent!
- Cindy's Soapbox on Green 960 Sundays at 5 pm et - 2 pm pt
LISTEN LIVE Cindy's Soapbox with Cindy Sheehan!
(H/T to samsedershow blogger gloryoski!)
• NOW HEAR THIS: Addicted to War
Have you ever wondered just why military suicides happen so often these days? This Sunday (March 1) our Soapbox showcases Journalist Christopher Hedges, former Middle East bureau chief for the New York Times. Chris is currently a senior fellow at The Nation Institute in New York City. He has been a war correspondent since 1983, and he has covered nearly every military struggle the US has been engaged in since that time. He presents vivid insight into the psychology of war - especially in terms of its effects on our troops in the field, and on the American public who they defend. Listen to Chris' depiction of the nature and depth of the disconnect such violent combat engenders. Give him a listen, and then take a fresh look at all the factors: Ask yourself: What is our great nation doing to its young?
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton & Charles Goyette
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• From Feb 27th, 2009 Scott Horton Interviews Gareth Porter
Gareth Porter, independent researcher and journalist, discusses Obama’s extended withdrawal plan that keeps tens of thousands of troops in Iraq indefinitely, the political calculation behind the change from a 16 to 19 month withdrawal timetable and the incremental victory won by the generals and Pentagon officials who want to stay in Iraq for the long term.
• Joint Chiefs Chairman Adm. Mike Mullen
• Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Ariz.
• Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wisc.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
First brick is on us!