Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows
beamed across America by Corporate Media plus some good progressive radio.
If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below.
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
As we near the First One Hundred Days of the Obama Administration the one singular thing that won't go away is this touture thing, despite the big meeting of "The Americas" leaders in Trindad and Tobago (Big Handshake Brouhaha with Hugo Chavez) increasing job losses and accelerating housing forclosures on top of bank bailouts that the banks want to give back now that they're showing a profit (imagine that!) and stopping credit card usary and small print among other issues of consequence (like WAR). Although many want an "independent" investigation Elizabeth de la Vega, former federal prosecutor with more than 20 years of experience, counsels us "What we continue to need, in sum, are unwavering spotlights, even more civic education, and, most importantly, an irrefutable and cohesive factual narrative - comprised of direct and circumstantial evidence - that links the highest-level officials and advisers of the Bush administration, ineluctably, to specific instances and victims of torture. What we will surely have, however, if a special prosecutor is named, will be precisely the opposite: The initiation of a federal grand jury investigation right now would be roughly the equivalent of ceremoniously dumping the entire issue of torture into a black hole." Keep this in mind as you tune into the Sunday Funnies, beginning with This George's interview with Iran's MAHMOUD AHMADINEJAD where Snufagupolis asks the Iranian leader what his favorite Klezmer tune is. Not to be undone Meet the David talks to KING ABDULLAH of JORDAN where David asks the King if Queen Noor really is THAT HOT. (Doh!) Then JOHN "Crazy Train" MCCAIN battles PAT LEAHY on Face the Bob. Speaking of kings, State of the King has one of each D-DIANE FEINSTEIN, I-LIEBERMAN & R-LINDSEY GRAHAM where they discuss who wiretapped who and whose spouse will benefit most from the Team Obama economic plan, bank bailouts, healthcare and increased military spending. Later, check 60 Minutes with VEEP JOE BIDEN and a cast of thousands, plus a look at BIG COAL (doubt they'll touch on the "clean coal" astroturfing and where they think they can actually STORE "sequestered CO2"). Do tune in Ring of Fire Radio with CENK UYGUR plus a discussion of Mexican Drug Wars. Also, watch Max about market manipulation and AntiWar Radio with ex-spook RAY MCGOVERN. The Brick TeeVee crew is celebrating the 30th Anniversary of the CLE OH Tri-C Jazz Fest, starting with an AWESOME performance by BUDDY GUY and the Damn Right Blues Band with special guest John Scofield and the Piety Street Band, featuring tunes from their newest effort "Peity Street" recorded in New Orleans and just released. Check it out!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!.
Noam Chomsky on Democracy NOW! Part II of our conversation with MIT professor and author Noam Chomsky on the global economic crisis, healthcare, the media, US foreign policy, the expanding wars in Afghanistan and Pakistan, resistance to American empire, and more. “As far as policy is concerned, unless [Obama] is under a lot of pressure from activist sectors, he’s not going to go beyond what he’s presented himself as in actual policy statements or cabinet choices and so on: a centrist Democrat [who’s] going to basically continue Bush’s polices, maybe in a more modulated way,” says Chomsky. Noam Chomsky on the Global Economic Crisis, Healthcare, US Foreign Policy and Resistance to American Empire. Part 1 is HERE
Bruce Fein liveblogging at FireDogLake From Monday April 20. Bruce Fein is a former official with the Reagan Justice Department, an ideological conservative who has been a rigorously honest and consistent critic of those who attempt to violate constitutionally guaranteed civil liberties, regardless of party affiliation. See Talk About Torture with Bruce Fein
Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN New York Yankees at Boston Red Sox @ 8 pm et
Flashback: A Look Back at the Church Committee on Democracy NOW! We take a look at one of the most famous special Senate investigations of government misconduct. In the mid-1970s, a US Senate committee chaired by Democratic Senator Frank Church of Idaho conducted a massive investigation of the CIA and FBI’s misuse of power at home and abroad. The multi-year investigation examined domestic spying, the CIA’s attempts to assassinate foreign leaders, the FBI and CIA’s efforts to infiltrate and disrupt leftist organizations, and more. We speak with Sen. Frank Church’s widow, Bethine Church, and Frederick A.O. Schwarz, Jr., who served as chief counsel to the Church Committee. Flashback: A Look Back at the Church Committee’s Investigation into CIA, FBI Misuse of Power
HR 875 ACTION! STOP HR 875! In its current form, the bill could prevent small local organic farms and community gardeners from growing and selling you nutritious, truly fresh, organic produce. It would crush our small local food producers by imposing heavy government regulation that only large corporations could adhere to. CLICK AND SIGN NOW at LeaveMyFoodAlone.org! For more info see Unsafe Genetically Modified Food - GMO Proliferation Bills in the US Congress and "Doomsday Seed Vault" in the Arctic - Bill Gates, Rockefeller and the GMO giants know something we don’t at Global Research.
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
4,277 Military Dead as of Apr 24, 2009
2,189 days since "Mission Accomplished"
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
- This Week (ABC)
• EXCLUSIVE! Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
• Roundtable: Financial Times US managing editor Chrystia Freeland, New York Times' David Sanger, ABC's George Will, Matthew Dowd and Donna Brazile.
- Face The Nation (CBS)
• SEN. JOHN MCCAIN, R-Arizona
• SEN. PATRICK LEAHY, D-Vermont
• TINA BROWN, Editor-in-Chief, The Daily Beast
• BOB WOODWARD, The Washington Post
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• Vice President Biden In this profile of Joe Biden, Lesley Stahl spends three days with the vice president and also interviews his wife, Dr. Jill Biden, and his boss, President Barack Obama.
• Powered By Coal Coal is America's most abundant and cheap fossil fuel, but burning it happens to be the biggest contributor to global warming. Scott Pelley reports.
• The Orphanage Ivory is selling for nearly $1,000 a tusk, causing more elephants to be slaughtered and more orphaned babies in need of special care provided by an elephant orphanage in Kenya. Bob Simon reports.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Exclusive! Larry Summers
• ROBERT GIBBS, White House Press Secretary
• KING ABDULLAH II OF JORDAN
• ROUNDTABLE: two Pulitzer Prize winners -- the newly awarded Jon Meacham of Newsweek magazine and presidential historian Doris Kearns Goodwin.
- State of the Union With John King (CNN)
State of the Union with John King offers a blend of newsmaker interviews, political analysis, national and world affairs and cultural segments, plus an hour of Reliable Sources media analysis, hosted by Howard Kurtz, airing every Sunday from 9 a.m. through 1 p.m. et
• Senior White House Adviser Valerie Jarrett.
• Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-California
• Sen. Joe Lieberman, I-Connecticut
• Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-South Carolina
• Republican strategist Mary Matalin debates her husband Democratic strategist and fellow CNN political contributor James Carville
• Howard Kurtz formerly of CNN's "Reliable Sources", now a part of "State of the Union"
• more! (Hey we gotta fill up four hours!)
- MARON v SEDER
Mark Maron vs. Sam Seder LIVE STREAM Weekdays at 3 pm et!
amazing graphic & logo by nicole s.
See/hear the show at any time of the day. Get Podcasts, video, audio streams and watch show live at Breakroom LIVE! Very cool! Also available weekday MIDNIGHTS at Ohio Majority Radio
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/
• This week on Ring of Fire, we’ll take a look at the invisible wounds of the war on terror, and the increasing incidents of domestic violence that have been occurring among returning soldiers with author Ann Jones.
• We’ll also talk with investigative journalist Andrew Becker about the ongoing conflict on the Mexican – US border, where drug lords have escalated the violence to levels that rival those in Baghdad.
• Cenk Uygur from the Young Turks will be here to tell us about the impact that new media – which has now turned into mainstream media – he’ll tell us the impact that its now having on our political process.
• We’ll also be talking with Senator Sheldon Whitehouse about his efforts to put a stop to the practice of voter caging, which has been a technique used by both political parties to prevent thousands of voters from casting a ballot.
• And we’ve got best-selling author Thomas Ricks, who’ll explain why Pakistan represents a bigger threat to the world than both Iraq and Afghanistan.
• Join our blog at http://www.ringoffireradio.com/
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Dave Marsh on XM 167 Listen to podcasts of Dave Marsh LIVE! @ xmfan.com via E STREET RADIO.
As reported by ghettodefender Sun, 02/08/2009 - 5:28pm.
wiki: Dave Marsh (born March 1, 1950, Detroit, Michigan) is an American music critic who briefly attended Wayne State University, became a co-founder of Creem magazine, wrote for various publications such as Newsday, The Village Voice, and Rolling Stone, and also edited Rock and Roll Confidential, a newsletter about rock music and social issues. Marsh is also a member of the National Advisory Board of PROTECT: The National Association to Protect Children.
XM put this guy on this afternoon, and I though he was great. Not as good as Sam, but a hella of lot better than a rerun of Rachael. Mostly, he talking about Phelps and our stupid drug laws. He really wanted callers. Was easy to talk to. And never pulled a Randi. Anyway, I don't know anything about him, but so far I'm glad I'm hearing him.
- Max Keiser Radio! Podcasts and more @ Karma Banque Radio!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• This week's entries: System Corruption and Collateralized Commodity Obligations AND The banks are destroying agriculture and food production in the same manner as they have destroyed the real estate market.
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton & Charles Goyette
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• From April 25, 2009 Scott Horton Interviews Ray McGovern Ray McGovern, former senior analyst at the CIA, discusses the emotional aversion CIA agents developed for their own torture tactics, the moral bankruptcy of torture apologists, the barriers to an effective Senate Intelligence Committee torture investigation and the reemergence of long time cover-up artist Warren Rudman. Ray McGovern was a CIA analyst for 27 years, from the John F. Kennedy administration to that of George H. W. Bush. His articles appear on Consortium News and Antiwar.com.
• Lawrence Summers, director of the National Economic Council
• Sen. Kit Bond, R-Mo., vice chairman of Select Committee on Intelligence
• Sen. Carl Levin, D-Mich., chairman of Armed Services Committee
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
First brick is on us!