Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below. DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Devastation from the earthquake and its aftershocks are enormous in Haiti and the money, releif and aid are, well, trickling in as the infrastructure is badly damaged and the majority of the manpower U.S. military can provide in aid is half a world away. President Bi-Partisanshippy figured Big Dawg and GHWB did such a bang-up job on the Tsunami Relief after the Indian Ocean Boxing Day Tsunami in 2004 that he figured what better than another Bush-Clinton Bi-Partisan relief effort? Who remembers "Heckofa Job Brownie" and the fine "aid" and "relief" that then-President GWB did in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina (including mercenaries from Blackwater) while on vacation? How's that rebuilding going NOLA? As a reminder we tap Naomi Klien's excellent list of the Disaster Capitalist Agenda Items from back then in Pro-Free-Market Ideas for Responding to Hurricane Katrina and High Gas (This list appeared in an email sent by Rep. Paul Teller on September 13, 2005. We urge you to print this and see how many of these "goals" are met in Haiti in the coming months and years.) Don't think for ONE MINUTE Disaster Capitalists don't have their "playbook" open right now: from all over the world Disaster Capitalists are getting their dibs in diguised as "donations" to get a toe-hold in Haiti. So it's no surprise these two ex-presidents will conduct interviews to all the mainstream beltway pundits. Dubya and Big Dawg will appear from the same Royal Palace Room for interviews with This Snufugopolis, Press the Flesh, Face the Bob and State of the King. Following on their heels will be USAID Admin RAJIV SHAH and SOUTHCOM Three-Star KEN KEEN on the same, minus Snuf and add Fake Newz Sunday. Randall Robinson, founder and past president of TransAfrica, reminds us "Of course, President Bush was responsible for destroying Haitian democracy in 2004, when he and American forces abducted President Aristide and his wife, taking them off to Africa, and they are now in South Africa. President Clinton has largely sponsored a program of economic development that supports the idea of sweatshops. Haitians in Haiti today make 38 cents an hour. They don’t make a high enough wage to pay for their lunch and transportation to and from work. But this is the kind of economic program that President Clinton has supported. I think that is sad, that these two should be joined in this kind of effort. It sends, I think, the wrong kind of signal. But that is not what we should focus on now. We should focus on saving lives. But in the last analysis, I hope that American media will not just continue to—the refrain of Haiti being the poorest country in the western hemisphere, but will come to ask the question, why?" See BTV Alerts below for more of this interview and a NEW interview with NAOMI KLEIN on the Disaster Capitalist agenda. Speaking of the Bush Dynasty, see Peter B Collins interview with RUSS BAKER, author of Family of Secrets and AntiWar Radio's interview with DAHR JAMAL plus BARNEY FRANK on Ring of Fire Radio while Max Keiser has some good reporting on President Bi-Partisanshippy's new tax on the "too-big-to-fail" bonuses. In short MORE NEWS in the BTV Alerts and our regular lib/prog outlets than you will see/hear on teevee on the Sunday Morning Gasbags. The Brick TeeVee Crew managed the Mid-West Deep Freeze without the benefit of their trusty 40-year-old snow-thrower (in the shop for minor repairs) by shoveling early and often and kept warm imbibing all the spirits left over from the holidays. The NOLA Saints and Indy Colts move on to their respective Conference Championship games next weekend. Will it be the Bolts vs. the Colts? Sanits vs. Vikings? Meanwhile MLB pitchers and catchers report to Spring Training and NASCAR opens its season at Daytona in a mere four weeks. Shootout on Feb 6 and Daytona Duel on Feb 11. Stay warm, donate to your favorite Haiti cause if you can, or like GWB sez "I know a lot of Americans want to send blankets and water," Bush said with a knowing nod, looking at the cameras: "Just send your cash." Some things never change, do they?
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
»»» Ousted Haitian President Jean-Bertrand Aristide @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Exiled in South Africa, Arisitide Says He Wants to Return to Haiti to “Help Rebuild the Country, Moving from Misery to Poverty with Dignity”
»»» Randall Robinson @ Democracy NOW! WATCH “Bush Was Responsible for Destroying Haitian Democracy”–Randall Robinson on Obama Tapping Bush to Co-Chair US Relief Efforts
»»» Naomi Klien @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Naomi Klein Issues Haiti Disaster Capitalism Alert: Stop Them Before They Shock Again
»»» Latest Haiti Coverage @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Earthquake Survivors Dying as Aid Struggles to Reach Haiti
»»» Earthquake in Haiti @ GRITtv We check in with actor/activist Danny Glover and Marie St. Cyr, vice president of the Long Island Association of AIDS Care, on the situation in Haiti and more. WATCH Week in Review: Earthquake in Haiti
»»» Ed Ott @ GRITtv Is the dispute between the tea parties and the progressive left just one of the means to an end? To discuss their differences and talk about finding common ground, Michael Johns, Tea Party organizer and Ed Ott, former executive director of the New York City Central Labor Council and Disinguished Lecturer at the Murphy Institute at CUNY, join us in studio. WATCH Week in Review: Tea Parties, Unions and the Working Class
BTV ACTION ALERT!! ©
CLEMENCY FOR BIRKENFELD
Support Clemency Campaign For Bradley Birkenfeld @ National Whistleblowers Center
On January 8, 2010, UBS whistleblower Bradley Birkenfeld surrendered himself to US authorities and began serving a 40-month federal prison sentence. Each day Mr. Birkenfeld remains in jail is another step backwards in the fight against corruption. Mr. Birkenfeld deserves to be commended for courageously stepping forward and reporting the illegal banking practices of UBS. Instead, he has lost his freedom. Mr. Birkenfeld's voluntary disclosures have led to:
* The agreement between the United States and UBS AG for the payment of $780,000,000.00 in fines and penalties.
* The creation of an IRS amnesty program, under which 14,700 people have come forward and admitted to illegal, secret bank accounts.
* The recovery of billions of taxpayer dollars by the IRS.
* The shut down of the entire $20 billion UBS program that existed to solicit and encourage wealthy Americans to hide their money in secret, offshore accounts.
TAKE ACTION! Request a Presidential Pardon for Bradley Birkenfeld! CLICK NOW!
WATCH A Crack In The Swiss Vault @ 60 Minutes (check the sidebar for more related videos) PLUS Why Is the Whistleblower Who Exposed the Massive UBS Tax Evasion Scheme the Only One Heading to Prison? @ Democracy NOW!
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,373 Military Dead as of Jan 16, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 961 Military Dead as of Jan 16, 2010
2,422 days since "Mission Accomplished"
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
- This Week (ABC) Jake Tapper hosts
• President Bush and President Clinton
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, Tucker Carlson of the Daily Caller, Democratic Strategist Donna Brazille and Katrina vanden Heuvel of the Nation.
- Face The Nation (CBS)
• Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush
• Lt. General P.K. Keen, Commander of U.S. Military Relief Operation in Haiti
• Rajiv Shah, Administrator for USAID
• Live reports from Haiti by Byron Pitts, Kelly Cobiella, Dr. Jennifer Ashton and Jeff Glor
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• HAITI - News from Haiti as Correspondent Byron Pitts reports on the efforts of the U.S. Army’s 82nd Airborne Division to help rescue, feed and protect the citizens of the earthquake decimated country.
- Meet the Press (NBC)
• Former Presidents GEORGE W. BUSH and BILL CLINTON
• RAJIV SHAH, USAID Administrator
• Lt. Gen. KEN KEEN, Military Deputy Commander, U.S. Southern Command
• ROUNDTABLE: Fmr. Adviser to Pres. George W. Bush, KAREN HUGHES & Fmr. Chief of Staff to Pres. Bill Clinton, JOHN PODESTA; and two long-time Washington reporters: Time magazine's MARK HALPERIN, Co-Author of the new book "Game Change" & The Washington Post's BOB WOODWARD.
- State of the Union With John King (CNN)
State of the Union with John King offers a blend of newsmaker interviews, political analysis, national and world affairs and cultural segments, plus an hour of Reliable Sources media analysis, hosted by Howard Kurtz, airing every Sunday from 9 a.m. through 1 p.m. et
• former Presidents George W. Bush and Bill Clinton.
• Lieutenant General P.K. Keen, the Deputy Commander of U.S. Southern Command
• USAID Administrator Rajiv Shah.
• Getting the last word on Sunday will be Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC Delegate).
• Hour 2 - Howard Kurtz & "Reliable Sources", now a part of "State of the Union"
• Hour 3 'Sound of Sunday' segment - soundbites from all the other shows that we can blow up REAL BIG with our guests and more! (Hey we gotta fill up four hours!)
- WEDNESDAY PRAYER MEETIN' with Reverend Bob Kincaid! Can I get an "AMEN"?
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. Bob’s Show Topics: To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877)443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
TODAY'S MEETIN' : Thursday, JAN 14 2010 Bob mixes in Prayer Meetin' with the regular show (mp3) as Bob was "absent" on Wednesday. Amen for the mp3! Praise to White Rose Society for the podcasts! AMEN BROTHERS AND SISTERS!
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast.Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media. We are taking YOUR calls! Call 1-888-5-PETER-B toll free, that’s 1-888-573-8372 & Press 1 to leave a general comment.
• Info on Podcast #84 Published on 11 Jan 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Russ Baker on the Bush dynasty. Baker discusses his book, Family of Secrets, the first complete historic portrait of the generations of Bushes in government, and provides us with an overview of how this dynasty shaped our politics. This is the next installment of the Boiling Frogs interview series, co-hosted with Sibel Edmonds. He tells us about the shadow government in the US, the real players, elites, and power centers within each president’s government, and the limitation on what and how much an American president can accomplish – considering the influence of these powerful and independent fiefdoms characterized by entrenched agendas and constant intrigue.
• Info on Podcast #85 Published on 13 Jan 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- David Swanson on the imperial presidency, Kate Hanni on flyers’ rights. Swanson is the tireless activist whose resume includes ACORN, Kucinich for President 2004, Democrats.com, AfterDowningStreet.org, impeachpac.org andthe lates, defundwar.org His new book, Daybreak: Undoing the Imperial Presidency and Forming a More Perfect Union details the expansion of executive power advance by Bush and maintained by Obama, and singles out Congress for failing to assert its oversight, war powers, and budget responsibilities. Kate Hanni reports a key victory for the traveling public: you cannot be imprisoned on a plane on the tarmac for over 3 hours. Airlines will be subject to huge fines–up to $27,000 per passenger–for future episodes. Hanni also talks about the pitfalls of the new body scanners being deployed. And you’ll hear the parody song “Naked Airlines” during our chat.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio
fcousins posted on January 16, 2010 - David Bender will be filling in for Mike Papantonio this week.
• This week on Ring of Fire, Congressman Earl Blumenauer will be here to tell us how investing in green technologies will not only help reduce America’s contributions to climate change, but it will also help us rebuild our crumbling infrastructure.
• We’ll also hear from Congressman Barney Frank, Chair of the House Financial Services Committee, about how he is taking on Wall Street and working to protect our economy from another meltdown.
• We’ve also got Karl Frisch from Media Matters with us to talk about the ongoing misiniformation coming from right wing media with regards to climate change.
• Join our blog at http://www.ringoffireradio.com/
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• A Race Against ‘Ominous Indications’Stacy Summary: Many asserting that there will be violence and unrest in Haiti. Wolf Blitzer asks Sanjay Gupta, “So, in other words there is some ominous indications that people are getting ready to get violent, is that what I am hearing from you, Sanjay?” And below is the Huffington Post’s warning on looting and robbing pre-crimes. Sounds like what they said post-Katrina and what they also said post-invasion of Iraq . . . they warned for many months before the Sunni-vs-Shia ‘civil war’/El Salvador option actually happened. What do you think it’s all about?
• [OTE36] On the Edge – 15 January 2010 Stacy Summary: On the Edge with Max Keiser. We follow up with Johannes Skulason regarding the latest in Iceland. Will post the higher res link when that is available tomorrow.
• Loan sharks, super taxes and bonus outrage Stacy Summary: Obama ‘intends’ to recover taxpayer money, or at least $90 billion of the several trillion; and bankers ‘may reduce’ bonuses. READ Loan sharks target poor in UK with 825% APR loans @ Guardian UK, Obama ‘intends to recover’ taxpayer money with a $90 billion supertax @ Telegraph and Bankers ‘may’ reduce bonuses over public outrage @ Bloomberg.
• An ‘Orange Nightmare’ in Ukraine, A Xe ‘False Flag’ in Somalia? Stacy Summary: A close adviser to John McCain is advising Yanukovich? Xe is operating in Somalia? “Free markets” and “free people” seems to require a whole lot of meddling . . . READ Yanukovich on course to win Ukraine election campaigning to end the “Orange nightmare” @ NYT and Blackwater/Xe mercernaries operating false flag operations in Somalia? @ PressTV
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton & Charles Goyette
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Antiwar Radio producer Angela Keaton interviews Stewart Rhodes (mp3) 27:52 Jan 14 2010. Stewart Rhodes, founder and Director of Oath Keepers, discusses his organization’s focus on educating those in the military and law enforcement on their oath to defend the Constitution, the ten orders that oath keepers must not obey, preventing “tripwire” domestic events that may lead to insurrection or revolution and how executors of the law can use selective enforcement to keep both their oaths and their jobs.
• Scott Horton interviews Dahr Jamail (mp3) Jan 16 2010. Independent journalist Dahr Jamail discusses the Army’s imprisonment of a stop-lossed soldier who expressed his frustration through music composition, military family problems and low morale caused by repeated deployments, the “psychological implosion” of many shell-shocked soldiers and the unprecedented military suicide rates that threaten to climb even higher.
• Lt. Gen. Ken Keen, Deputy Commander of US Southern Command / Head of the Haiti Task Force
• Dr. Rajiv Shah, Administrator of the United States Agency for International Development
• Sen. Mitch McConnell, (R) Kentucky / Senate Minority Leader
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!