Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below. DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
We begin this week with KEITH OLBERMANN's SPECIAL COMMENT: U.S. government for sale (please watch} where he observed, "In short, the first amendment - free speech for persons - which went into affect in 1791, applies to corporations, which were not recognized as the equivalents of persons until 1886. In short, there are now no checks on the ability of corporations or unions or other giant aggregations of power to decide our elections. None." JOHN DEAN chimes in at TruthDig A Supreme Victory for Special Interests, "This ruling is of the same judical activism ilk that produced Bush v. Gore, not to mention the ensuing eight years of a disastrous Bush/Cheney presidency from which the nation has yet to recover...To understand what the court majority did, scroll down to about Page 88 of your .pdf reader (Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission.) and read the dissent written by Justice John Paul Stevens, and joined by Justices Ruth Ginsburg, Steven Breyer and Sonia Sotomayor. It is an eye-opener." JOHN NICHOLS @ The Nation tells us in Teddy Roosevelt Was Right: Ban ALL Corporate Contributions , "But corporations – with their immense resources and their immense desire to influence the political and governing processes – will be able to spend as freely as their like (on television commercials and other forms of communication) to secure the election results they seek. It's a recipe for democratic disaster, as wealth and power will define the debate that sets the parameters of our politics....To paraphrase a particular television network, there will be no fairness and no balance." GLENN GREENWALD poses the question "If you find yourself virtually always providing the same answer to both questions -- or, conversely, almost never providing opposite answers -- that's a very compelling sign that your opinions about court rulings are outcome-based (i.e., driven by your policy preferences) rather than based in law or the Constitution." JIM HIGHTOWER Guest Buzzflash Commentary evokes "Thomas Jefferson warned about the dangerous rise of corporate power, declaring that must "crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations." Today, I'm sure that founding patriots like Jefferson are not simply spinning in their graves at the Supreme Court's surrender to this aristocracy – they're trying to claw their way out of their graves to throttle all five of the traitors." Speaking of TRAITORS LIBERAL RAPTURE is on top of it and recommends an Extraordinary Offer!! Act Now!!! Now that the Supreme Court has ruled that whoever has the most money has the right to buy the most legislation, we offer this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the Wall Street executive, insurance industry CEO, oil company investor, corporate polluter or Washington lobbying firm to truly have it all at a bargain price. At Veterans Today GORDON DUFF (Marine Vietnam veteran, grunt and 100% disabled vet, UN Diplomat, defense contractor, widely published expert on military and defense issues) might have summed it up with his CALL FOR IMMEDIATE ARREST OF 5 SUPREME COURT JUSTICES FOR TREASON. Lastly JAMES FALLOWS at The Atlantic motions in John Roberts: the difference four years makes On the merits, Roberts' approach is like the idiot-savant faith in flawless markets that we all recall from Introductory Ec class. The cliched joke about this outlook concerns the economist's refusal to pick up a $20 bill sitting on the sidewalk: After all, if really were a $20 bill, someone would already have picked it up. But the merits of his argument aren't the point. It's the disjuncture between the person who presented himself with "humility" at the confirmation hearings and the man happy to legislate from the bench." Not likely any of this will be discussed ("debated") on any of the Talking Heads shows in any depth, even for its Constitution-shattering effects. So THROW BRICKS at MCCONNELL, HATCH, SHELBY, DEMENTED, JOHN "Crazy Train" MCCAIN and all the other obvious targets. The WH used Public Tranz for Valerie Jarrett (Meet the David), David Axelrod (State of King) and Bob Gibbs (Fake Snooz). The WH Limo must be "in da shop". Funniest thing the Brick TeeVee Crew heard this week was NEWT "Contract ON America" Gingrich on NPR saying, "I'm saying that it allows you to have a middle-class candidate go out and find allies and supporters who are able to help them match the rich." HAHAHAHA! Wot a MORAN! And half of America is gonna BELIEVE this guy. “Well, Doctor, what have we got—a Republic or a Monarchy?” Benjamin Franklin quipped, “A Republic, if you can keep it.” Not looking good, BTV readers.
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
»»» Constitutional Law Professor Jamin Raskin @ Democracy NOW! WATCH In Landmark Campaign Finance Ruling, Supreme Court Removes Limits on Corporate Campaign Spending
»»» Amy Goodman in Haiti @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Tè Tremblé: Journey to the Epicenter of the Earthquake
»»» Military Control in Haiti @ Democracy NOW! WATCH US Accused of Militarizing Relief Effort in Haiti
»»» Sharif Abdel Kouddous @ Democracy NOW! WATCH “Haiti is Like Gaza”: Sharif Abdel Kouddous on Haiti a Week After the Earthquake
»»» Danny Schecter @ GRITtv Haitians woke up before we did Wednesday, with 6.1 earthquake-strength aftershocks adding more insult to their ongoing injuries. Those aftershocks were bad, but there’s been a failure, a massive failure, on the part of the Obama administration’s response to the disaster. This is a worse aftershock worth commenting on. WATCH Danny Schechter: Bungled Aid Hurts More than it Helps
»»» NOLA vs. Haiti @ GRITtv The comparisons between the earthquake in Haiti and Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans have come fast and furious, but often from people who've watched both disasters through the clean-cut white lens of Anderson Cooper broadcasts. Meanwhile, people in Haiti--and those in the Gulf Coast still struggling four years later--need more than blame and comparisons. They need real solutions. WATCH Is it Fair to Compare Haiti to New Orleans?
BTV ACTION ALERT!! ©
CLEMENCY FOR BIRKENFELD
Support Clemency Campaign For Bradley Birkenfeld @ National Whistleblowers Center
On January 8, 2010, UBS whistleblower Bradley Birkenfeld surrendered himself to US authorities and began serving a 40-month federal prison sentence. Each day Mr. Birkenfeld remains in jail is another step backwards in the fight against corruption. Mr. Birkenfeld deserves to be commended for courageously stepping forward and reporting the illegal banking practices of UBS. Instead, he has lost his freedom. Mr. Birkenfeld's voluntary disclosures have led to:
* The agreement between the United States and UBS AG for the payment of $780,000,000.00 in fines and penalties.
* The creation of an IRS amnesty program, under which 14,700 people have come forward and admitted to illegal, secret bank accounts.
* The recovery of billions of taxpayer dollars by the IRS.
* The shut down of the entire $20 billion UBS program that existed to solicit and encourage wealthy Americans to hide their money in secret, offshore accounts.
TAKE ACTION! Request a Presidential Pardon for Bradley Birkenfeld! CLICK NOW!
WATCH A Crack In The Swiss Vault @ 60 Minutes (check the sidebar for more related videos) PLUS Why Is the Whistleblower Who Exposed the Massive UBS Tax Evasion Scheme the Only One Heading to Prison? @ Democracy NOW!
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,374 Military Dead as of Jan 22, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 970 Military Dead as of Jan 22, 2010
2,429 days since "Mission Accomplished"
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
- This Week (ABC)
• Republican Senator Jim DeMint
• Democratic Senator Robert Menendez
• ROUNDTABLE: Guest anchor Terry Moran and our Roundtable, George Will, Cokie Roberts, Sam Donaldson and political strategist Matthew Dowd
- Face The Nation (CBS)
• Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.
• Sen. Richard Durbin, D-Ill.
• ROUNDTABLE: CBS News' Nancy Cordes and Jan Crawford.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• HAITI - News from Haiti as Correspondent Byron Pitts reports on the efforts of the U.S. Army’s 82nd Airborne Division to help rescue, feed and protect the citizens of the earthquake decimated country.
- Meet the Press (NBC)
• President Obama's Senior Adviser Valerie Jarrett
• Senate Republican Leader, Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY)
• ROUNDTABLE: The Washington Post's E.J. Dionne; BBC's Katty Kay; The Wall Street Journal's Peggy Noonan; and NBC News' Chuck Todd
- State of the Union With John King (CNN)
State of the Union with John King offers a blend of newsmaker interviews, political analysis, national and world affairs and cultural segments, plus an hour of Reliable Sources media analysis, hosted by Howard Kurtz, airing every Sunday from 9 a.m. through 1 p.m. et
• DSCC Chairman, Sen. Robert Menendez (D-NJ)
• Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT)
• Senior White House adviser, David Axelrod
• CNN's Dr. Sanjay Gupta
• Pollsters Celinda Lake and Neil Newhouse
• Getting the last word on Sunday will be Sen. Richard Shelby (R-Alabama)
• Hour 2 - Howard Kurtz & "Reliable Sources", now a part of "State of the Union"
• Hour 3 'Sound of Sunday' segment - soundbites from all the other shows that we can blow up REAL BIG with our guests and more! (Hey we gotta fill up four hours!)
- WEDNESDAY PRAYER MEETIN' with "Reverend" Bob Kincaid!
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. Bob’s Show Topics: To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877)443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
TODAY'S MEETIN' : Wednesday, JAN 18 2010 Dr Wesley Stafford, Newt Gingrich, Coakley, The Mono-Theistic Murder Force and more! (mp3). Amen for the mp3! Praise to White Rose Society for the podcasts! AMEN BROTHERS AND SISTERS!
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast.Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media. We are taking YOUR calls! Call 1-888-5-PETER-B toll free, that’s 1-888-573-8372 & Press 1 to leave a general comment.
• Info on Podcast #87 Published on 18 Jan 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Daniel Ellsberg: Obama has “pissed on” our hopes. Co-hosted with Sibel Edmonds, this is the next chapter of the Boiling Frogs interview series. Dan Ellsberg provides us with his analysis of Barack Obama’s presidency, shares with us what led him to cast his vote for Obama, and how and why he’s been let down and betrayed by our current president.
• Info on Podcast #89 Published on 22 Jan 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- David Cobb on Supreme Court, Inc. and nurse Deborah Berger on Haiti relief. Cobb was the 2004 Green Party presidential candidate and is a strong opponent of corporate control. He offers a clear critique of the Supreme Court’s landmark decision that removes the limits on direct corporate electioneering for candidates, and raises concerns about foreign corporate money and potential limits on union support for candidates....Ms. Berger is a president of the California Nurses Assn and the new national union, National Nurses United; they have recruited 12,000 RN’s who are ready to deploy to Haiti over the next 4-6 months, but are on hold until they get approval to enter the country.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio
Ring of Fire will continue to air this weekend and will be syndicated by Westwood One. Stay tuned for more info.
• Today on Ring of Fire, Tim Dickinson from Rolling Stone magazine will be here to run down the list of people who are holding up America’s actions in combating global warming – Ranging from corporate leaders to politicians, these are people responsible for preventing America from being a leader in the fight against climate change.
• We’ll also be talking with comedian Matt Filipowicz about the religious zealots who are supplying our military with weapons that actually have bible versus etched into them.
• And David Bender will be going Politically Direct with Air America president Mark Green about the special Senate election in Massachusetts, and we’ll find out if the situation is really as bad as some people think.
• Join our blog at http://www.ringoffireradio.com/
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• A Race Against ‘Ominous Indications’Stacy Summary: Many asserting that there will be violence and unrest in Haiti. Wolf Blitzer asks Sanjay Gupta, “So, in other words there is some ominous indications that people are getting ready to get violent, is that what I am hearing from you, Sanjay?” And below is the Huffington Post’s warning on looting and robbing pre-crimes. Sounds like what they said post-Katrina and what they also said post-invasion of Iraq . . . they warned for many months before the Sunni-vs-Shia ‘civil war’/El Salvador option actually happened. What do you think it’s all about?
•  The Truth About Markets – 23 January 2010 Stacy Summary: The Truth About Markets. (No singing . . . ) Download show at link.
• [OTE37] On the Edge with . . . Chris Cook Stacy Summary: On the Edge with guest Chris Cook. Here is the article referenced in the interview, “Saudi Arabia and the oil bank.”
• [VIDEO] Lessig on giving corporations unlimited right to bribe elected officials Stacy Summary: Via Boingboing
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton & Charles Goyette
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Scott Horton interviews Ron Paul (mp3) 29:49 Jan 22 2010. Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) discusses his disinterest in political parties, the slippery slope from indefinitely detaining foreign terrorism suspects to designating domestic criminals “enemy combatants,” why the US empire is more likely to end from the dollar’s collapse than a reasoned decision to return to a republic, the diminishing returns from intelligence spending and why reestablishing gold and silver as currency is a good idea.
• Scott Horton interviews Christopher Manion (mp3) 22:46 Jan 22 2010. Christopher Manion, columnist for the weekly Catholic newspaper The Wanderer, discusses the two conflicting currents within the Conservative momement, the marked difference between Sarah Palin’s carefully crafted image and her actual policy positions, the rotten core of the GOP that is best left to the next generation to fix, the public’s misguided reliance on symbolism to categorize political figures and why neoconservatives are more correctly called neoliberals.
• Robert Gibbs, White House Press Secretary
• Sen. John Cornyn, (R) Texas / Chairman, NRSC
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!