Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below. DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
CAGE MATCH SPECIAL! The WH Limo drops off VEEP JOE BIDEN on This Tapper, fresh off his trip to Afghanistan. The Cage Matches begin with former Clinton Press Sec DEE DEE MYERS facing off against gwb's former Comm Dir NICOLE WALLACE (yer askin' "WHO?" yeah us too). Then warm up the DVR for a face-off between NAACP pres BENJAMIN JEALOUS and tea bagger leader DAVID WEBB on Face the Bob. State of the Candy matches minority Senate poobah MITCH MCCONNELL against the clever House majority poobah STENY HOYER. Fake Snooze gets Majority Whip JAMES CLYBURN to battle wits with witless House Repub Conference chair MIKE PENCE. (Ever notice how Pence's IN-6 district abuts JOHN "Crybaby" BOEHNER's OH-8 district on the OH-IN border? Scary.) Finally, this Sunday's FEATURE TAG TEAM MATCH will be on Meet the David where NRSC's JOHN CORNYN & NRCC's PETE SESSIONS take on DSCC's BOB MENENDEZ & DCCC'S CHRIS VAN HOLLEN. Watch them all vie for coporate $$$$$$ SOUNDBITES with basically the same pro-corporate ideas, worded a bit diferently. Man do THEY EVER take us for sheep! Get BTV points for every time the word "socialist" comes up. And throw bricks at will! BTV calls it D's 6 R's 5 with many ties, two sides of the same corporate coin. To illustrate this evident truth go watch Reniassance 2.0: Lesson 6 (part 2 of 3). Learn how American Politics, "Trickle-down" Chicago-School economics, the MIC and Uber-National corporations really function in only eight minutes! (h/t msgeaux) Fantastic interviews on Ring of Fire with Guest Host SAM SEDER featuring interviews with The Nation's ERIC ALTERMAN and Harper's FRED KAUFMAN plus author of "How to Cool the Planet" and "Big Coal" Jeff Goodell, Bob Kincaid busts a gut with Joe "Blazing Saddles" Manchin, PBC has more Gitmo coverage, ANTIWAR Radio covers the Israel-Palestine issue PLUS GLENN GREENWALD, also on Democracy NOW! More BTV alerts have a MUST WATCH with SEAN PENN plus Rolling Stone's MATT TAIBBI and Harper's KEN SILVERSTEIN and also FREDERICK KAUFMAN. Speaking of Rolling Stone see Tim Dickinson's BP's Next Disaster where we learn about Bleeding Pollutant's (BP) "Liberty" "on-shore" Alaska drilling project and also that The White House contends that MMS is simply "finalizing paperwork" from bids submitted prior to the disaster. But environmentalists are aghast. "These new leases are based on the same fundamentally flawed and patently illegal environmental analyses used to greenlight Deepwater Horizon," says Mike Senatore of Defenders of Wildlife, which filed suit against MMS in June to block the expansion of drilling. "This agency is at the epicenter of the worst environmental disaster in history, and yet it's still going about business as usual.". Nice. Catch all of MAX to get up to speed on the worldwide "belt-tightening" looming economic collapse! The Brick TeeVee crew has been shoring up the fences but they were breached again and the green/yellow/red pepper crop is not looking good. Everything else, from Beans to Zucchini, are going bonkers! We hope your Victory Gardens are plentiful too!
**** BRICK TEEVEE SPECIAL!© ****
Financial Terrorist Playing Cards Now Available to Order!!!
Get yours now! Makes a great gift!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
FULL COVERAGE of the Deepwater Horizon Gulf of Mexico CATASTROPHE at BP Oil Spill
»»» SEAN PENN IN HAITI @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Sean Penn on Haiti Six Months After the Earthquake, Recovery Efforts and Why He Decided to Manage a Tent Camp of 55,000 Displaced Haitians
»»» Beverly Bell @ Democracy NOW! Bell also talks about how the international reconstruction plan for Haiti revolves around the creation of four new free enterprise zones which will expand the number of sweatshop factories in Haiti. WATCH Beverly Bell: There is No Plan For Permanently Housing the 1.9 Million Haitians Who Lost Their Homes in the Quake
»»» Matt Taibbi @ Democracy NOW! We speak to Matt Taibbi of Rolling Stone. WATCH Goldman Sachs Settles Civil Fraud Case for $550M—Less Than It Reportedly Expected, and With No Admission of Criminal Wrongdoing
»»» Fred Kaufman @ Democracy NOW We speak to Harper’s contributing editor Frederick Kaufman. WATCH The Food Bubble: How Wall Street Starved Millions and Got Away With It
»»» Attorney Lynne Stewart @ Democracy NOW! We play excerpts of Lynne Stewart’s last broadcast interview before she was jailed in November and speak to independent journalist Petra Bartosiewicz. WATCH Civil Rights Attorney Lynne Stewart Resentenced to 10-Year Term—Nearly Five Times Her Original Sentence
»»» Global Warming Study @ Democracy NOW! Guest: Noah Diffenbaugh, assistant professor of environmental earth system science at Stanford. WATCH Study: Global Warming to Bring Increased Heat Waves to US
»»» Ken Silverstein @ Democracy NOW! A new article by Harper’s Magazine Washington editor Ken Silverstein argues that Arizona has become a laboratory not just for immigration policy, but a broad range of issues. WATCH "Tea Party in Sonora": Ken Silverstein of Harper’s Says Arizona is Laboratory for Radical GOP Policies
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW @ GRITtv Jon Liss, Executive Director of Tenants and Workers United, joins us in the studio to describe organizing in Virginia –primarily how to recycle coalition-forming tactics that made history by turning a red state blue during the last election. WATCH Jon Liss: Progressiveness and its Discontents
»»» Harvey Pekar Remembered @ GRITtv WATCH Anne Elizabeth Moore: Remembering Harvey Pekar’s Integrity
»»» NASCAR on ESPN It's the Brickyard 400 from the Indianpolis Motor Speedway! Coverage begins at 1 pm et
»»» MLB on TBS Rays @ Yankees 1 pm et
»»» MLB on ESPN Phillies @ Cubs 8 pm et
BTV ACTION ALERTS!! ©
Offshore Drilling is Not The Answer: Restore the Moratorium
from Surfrider Foundation (h/t jen)
The tragic and devastating oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is a stark reminder that offshore oil drilling is not the answer.
The Deepwater Horizon rig that exploded and sank has spilled millions of gallons of oil into the ecologically rich waters in the Gulf of Mexico and continues to gush 210,000 gallons of oil into the sea every day. The spill remains unabated and now has the potential to become one of the worst environmental disasters in U.S. history. The unfolding catastrophe clearly illustrates that offshore drilling is not safe and new technology is not fool proof.
Tell the Obama Administration new drilling is NOT THE ANSWER. Our coasts and the economy they support cannot withstand anymore!
We are reminded why the 1969 oil spill in Santa Barbara and the 1989 Exxon Valdez oil spill led to state and federal moratoriums on offshore oil drilling. The tragedy in the Gulf of Mexico makes it clear that it is time once again time to restore those moratoriums.
GO HERE NOW!
MOVE TO AMEND
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,412 Military Dead as of July 16, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 1,188 Military Dead as of July 16, 2010
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with guest anchor ABC's Jake Tapper
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. Tapper explains that as a host, you can only do so much fact-checking during the interview.
PROGRAMMING NOTE: Christiane Amanpour Named 'This Week' Anchor - Amanpour starts as 'This Week' anchor in August.
• Vice President Joe Biden
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will , Clarence Page of the Chicago Tribune, former Bush White House Communications Director Nicole Wallace and former Clinton White House Press Secretary Dee Dee Myers
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Bill Richardson, Democratic Governor of New Mexico
• J.D. Hayworth, Former Republican Rep. from Arizona and current Senate candidate
• Benjamin Jealous, NAACP President
• David Webb, Co-Founder, Tea Party 365; The National Tea Party Federation
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• GOLF COMPANY - Scott Pelley spends time with a U.S. Marine company battling the enemy in Helmand Province, sent there as part of President Obama's troop buildup in Afghanistan. Henry Schuster is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish.
• Chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX)
• Chairman of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee Sen. Bob Menendez (D-NJ)
• Chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee Rep. Pete Sessions (R-TX)
• Chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-MD)
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Republican Senate leader Mitch McConnell (KY)
• House Majority leader Rep. Steny Hoyer (D-MD)
• Mayor of New Orleans, Mitch Landrieu
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
Talkers’ Magazine : Bob Kincaid one of The Frontier Fifty!!!
A Week Of Rock Solid Historical Fact! Watch American History Seminary on USTREAM!
Front Porch Friday! Friday July 16, 2010 (mp3) Bob discusses WVA Guv Joe Manchin's appointment of former chief counsel Carte Goodwin to the late Senator Robert Byrd's seat, comparing it to "Blazing Saddles"! Amen to White Rose Society for the podcasts! Head On Radio needs our help! Donate HERE!
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media. We are taking YOUR calls! Call 1-888-5-PETER-B toll free, that’s 1-888-573-8372 & Press 1 to leave a general comment.
• Info on Podcast #151 Published on 13 July 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Gitmo, still open; an Israeli whitewash; Obama’s “disgusting” policies. Andy Worthington, British journalist and author of The Guantanamo Files updates us on Guantanamo.... PBC offers news and commentary on Israel’s “investigation” of its attack on the Gaza-bound flotilla on May 31, starting at 1 hour 2 minutes into the podcast. In the third segment starting about 1:11 Roger Shuler returns to talk about the Siegelman case, and a recent commentary he wrote about the Obama administration’s policies on whistleblowers and civil liberties.
• Info on Podcast #152 Published on 07 July 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- BP’s blowout: a view from Florida’s Gulf coast; Karl Rove’s “biggest mistake”; FCC obscenity ban overturned. Author H.P. Albarelli, Jr. joins us from his oil-free beach just west of Tampa Bay on the Gulf coast of Florida. He talks about his recent piece for Truthout.org about the disaster, which leads to broader criticism of Obama’s weak leadership on this crisis, poor appointments, and failure to bounce Bush appointees. Albarelli also talks about an outbreak of dengue fever in Key West, which is one of the locations where the CIA tested dengue as a weapon in the 1950’s; he points out that the symptoms of dengue are very similar to the symptoms of people who are exposed to oil dispersant chemicals like Corexit. His powerful book about US chemical and biological warfare efforts is called A Terrible Mistake: The Murder of Frank Olson and the CIA’s Secret Cold War Experiments. His article on dengue fever will appear soon at Truthout.org PBC comments on Karl Rove’s Wall St. Journal column July 15 entitled “My Biggest Mistake in the White House”. Rove tries to make the case that Bush didn’t lie about WMD in Iraq, with more lies. And your humble host closes with a string of obscenities that have been broadcast on TV, as an appeals court overturned the ban on “fleeting expletives”. Warning: f-bombs in this podcast!
More podcasts at PeterBCollins.com!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and David Bender
Ring of Fire is now syndicated by Westwood One. Stay tuned for more info.
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, David Bender - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire - posted July 16th, 2010
• This week on Ring of Fire Radio, Mike and David are travelling this week, so Sam Seder will be filling in.
• We’ve also got Jeff Goodell with us to tell us how how the coal industry has managed to convince the EPA that the billions of tons of toxic waste they are producing every year doesn’t pose a threat to human health.
• Eric Alterman from The Nation magazine will join us to talk about why, even with progressives controlling both the Executive and Legislative branches of government, it is impossible for progressives to pass the laws they promised would pass during their campaigns. READ Kabuki Democracy: Why a Progressive Presidency Is Impossible, for Now
• Harper’s Magazine Contributing editor and author Frederick Kaufman will be here to tell us how Goldman Sachs helped to create a bubble in the international food market that sent prices of food for developing nations skyrocketing out of control.
• And as part of Ring of Fire’s on-going, exclusive coverage of the worst oil disaster in our nation’s history, Devastation in the Gulf, award-winning investigative journalist Dahr Jamail will talk to us about what Louisiana fishermen are calling the Hell that has arrived in their state.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Hillary Clinton in 2012? - Is Hillary Clinton prepping the field for a possible 2012 challenge to President Obama? Republicans sure seem to think so. But the bigger question is whether or not she could be viable in the current political climate. Mike Papantonio appears on Fox News’ The O’Reilly Factor to discuss the pros and cons of a Clinton challenge in 2012.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: the Truth About BP’s Escrow Fund - BP has finally managed to successfully seal the oil well at the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico. Over the next few days, we’ll find out if their new cap is working or not. At the same time, the company is shopping around for buyers across the globe to help raise money to pay the thousands of claims they are facing from Gulf residents. Mike Papantonio appears on MSNBC’s The Ed Show to talk about these issues, as well as other late developments in the BP oil spill disaster.
• And as always, we’ll be looking at all the news that the corporate-controlled media refuses to cover. And if you want to see the revolving door that has been uncovered between BP and the government, click here!
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• Guest Post: The Dangers of a Failed Presidency by Michael Krieger
• [Video] Keiser on Corbett Report – 14 July 2010 Stacy Summary: Here is the Youtube version of yesterday’s interview for those who prefer to view while listening.
• Max Keiser on Huffington Post: Can the MPAA Teach Us Something About Financial Reform? Readers of MaxKeiser.com know our crusade against these dangerous financial products. Now it’s time to up the ante and move the fight to other exchanges. READ The Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) figured out that Cantor Fitzgerald’s Box Office Futures contracts could devastate Hollywood when rogue traders were let loose to prey on their industry. . . (HuffPo).
• On the Edge with Damon Vrabel – Reuploaded Stacy Summary: Here is the full video for the Damon Vrabel interview from yesterday as half the episode was missing!
• [KR59] Keiser Report – Markets! Finance! Denninger! Stacy Summary: We look at the latest scandals of IMF forecasts and commercial banks pawning their nations’ gold reserves. In the second half of the show, Max has a most excellent interview with The Market Ticker’s Karl Denninger about market manipulation and flash crashes.
• [KR60] Keiser Report – Markets! Finance! Stefan Molyneux! Stacy Summary: We look at the latest scandals of downgrading America, investors seeking security in gold, bank profit abominations and federal ponzis. In the second half of the show, Max talks to Stefan Molyneux of Freedomain Radio about the Canadian economy and housing bubble, the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico and how to fix the world.
•  The Truth About Markets USA – 10 July 2010 Show at link!
•  The Truth About Markets NZ – 14 July 2010 Download show HERE (mp3)
•  The Truth About Markets London – 17 July 2010 Download show HERE (mp3)
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Glenn Greenwald (mp3) 9:53 July 13, 2010. Glenn Greenwald, Salon.com blogger and former constitutional lawyer, discusses the military’s formal charging of Bradley Manning for giving classified information to WikiLeaks, Wired‘s refusal to disclose the full chat logs between informant Adrian Lamo and Manning and why whistleblowers who embarrass government are typically subjected to the Daniel Ellsberg treatment.
• Sheldon Richman (mp3) 18:47 July 13, 2010. Sheldon Richman, senior fellow at The Future of Freedom Foundation, discusses the unsustainable expense of US empire, the “political transaction costs” that shield government from scrutiny and protest, lack of emphasis on foreign policy at the Freedom Fest 2010 conference and why defense spending is the trillion pound gorilla in the (budget deficit) room.
• Flynt Leverett (mp3) 18:57 July 15, 2010. Flynt Leverett, former Senior Director for Middle East Affairs at the National Security Council, discusses how Israel is getting all its ducks in a row for a 2011-2012 attack on Iran, the lack of evidence that Iran ever had a nuclear weapons program (even prior to 2003), the unsettling prospect that the US will go to war with Iran over uranium enrichment and why the delayed release of the new Iran NIE means there is some disagreement among the intelligence agencies.
• Sydney Levy (mp3) 18:47 July 15, 2010. Sydney Levy, Director of Campaigns for Jewish Voice for Peace, discusses his organization’s fight for Palestinian equality rather than a specific state solution, the very simple problem at the core of the Israel/Palestine conflict: land theft, how MuzzleWatch.com brings attention to silenced critics of Israel, the campaign to pressure mutual funds into divesting from Israeli companies and why Israel’s oft-noted status as the sole Middle East democracy is in question.
More interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Sen. David Vitter, (R) Louisiana
• Rep. James Clyburn, (D) South Carolina / House Majority Whip
• Rep. Mike Pence, (R) Indiana / Chairman, House Republican Conference
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!