Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below. DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
What Oil? As hapless Big Procrastinators (BP) try to swap out one bad "recovery" dome for another the Gulf Oil Gusher continues to spew thousands of barrels of crude into the environment. The U.S. CorporoMedia is now relegated to only top-of-the-hour Admiral Thad Allen soundbites, effectively removing the Deepwater Horizon Gulf oil gusher story from the front page of the public's collective mind, replacing it with the "shiny object of the day" (LeBron-a-thon) while the government clamps down on any serious reporting from the affected areas (see BTV Alerts below from Democracy NOW!). Cold-war-ish Spy-vs-Spy teledrama "prisoner exchange" is cloaked in see-aye-eh secrecy save the propaganda they "leak" that works as a "shiny object". Glenn Greenwald notes in The BP/Government police state "... an article that is a joint collaboration between PBS' Frontline and ProPublica reported that a BP refinery in Texas "spewed tens of thousands of pounds of toxic chemicals into the skies" two weeks before the company's rig in the Gulf collapsed...The very idea that government officials are acting as agents of BP (of all companies) in what clearly seem to be unconstitutional acts to intimidate and impede the media is infuriating. Obviously, the U.S. Government and BP share the same interest -- preventing the public from knowing the magnitude of the spill and the inadequacy of the clean-up efforts -- but this creepy police state behavior is intolerable. In this latest case, the journalists were not even focused on the spill itself, but on BP's other potentially reckless behavior with other refineries, and yet there are DHS agents and local police officials acting as BP's personal muscle to detain, interrogate, and threaten a photographer. See BTV Alerts for in interview with said photographer Lance Rosenfield. Crazy, isn't it? So the Sunday Funnies decide there are other Shiny Objects to work with as the WH Limo picks up DAVID AXELROD on This Tapper, State of the Candy and Fake News dropping off WH Press Sec BOB GIBBS at Meet the David and AG ERIC HOLDER at Face the BOB for the entire show. The best we can endorse is former Air America host RACHEL MADDOW on the MTP roundtable, who just returned from Afghanistan. We recommend a free-for-all brick-throwing this week as most of the usual brick suspects are not on teevee this week (presumably at corporo-fundraisers under the guise of "campaigning"). Our regulars feature Jason Leopold, Tim Dickinson, Larry Wilkerson, GOLD and the BIS with Max, more GULF OIL CATASTROPHE with Ring of Fire's Mike "Pap" Papantonio and much more. Do check out all these items (and tell yer friends). The Brick TeeVee Victory Garden is in full bloom thanks to the 90+ degree heat the last week or so. We have BEANS! And the zucchini plants are HUGE! The Crew spent all day Saturday weeding said garden but thanks to the two-week drought has been spared lawn maintenance. We hope you enjoy the MLB Mid-Summer Classic! The BTV Crew especially likes the Celebrity Soft-Ball Game right after the Home Run Derby. We'll be rooting for Kenny Maynes' team! And best of luck to pitcher Cliff Lee, former Indian and Cy Young winner who is now with his FOURTH team in a year, the Texas Rangers. Didja know the Rangers Prez is NOLAN RYAN? He knows a thing or two about pitching, eh? Have a great week!
**** BRICK TEEVEE SPECIAL!© ****
Financial Terrorist Playing Cards Now Available to Order!!!
Get yours now! Makes a great gift!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
FULL COVERAGE of the Deepwater Horizon Gulf of Mexico CATASTROPHE at BP Oil Spill
»»» Gulf Coast Media Clampdown @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Media Clampdown in the Gulf Coast: Government and BP Place More Restrictions on Journalists Covering the Oil Spill
»»» Gulf Spill Illnesses @ Democracy NOW! WATCH BP Oil Spill Cleanup Workers Getting Sick, Exxon Valdez Survivor Warns of Long Term Health Effects
»»» More Gulf Coast Media Clampdown @ Democracy NOW WATCH Photographer Harassed by BP Security, Detained by Police While on Assignment at BP Texas Refinery
»»» Adandoned Gulf Oil Wells @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Report: 27,000 Abandoned Wells Pose Threat to Gulf Coast
»»» Michael Moore @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Michael Moore on His Life, His Films and His Activism
»»» Debate on Geoengineering @ Democracy NOW! WATCH A Debate on Geoengineering: Vandana Shiva vs. Gwynne Dyer
»»» Dalai Lama @ Democracy NOW! WATCH As Dalai Lama Marks 75th Birthday, A Look at His Views on the Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and Tibet
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW @ GRITtv Our biological clock is ticking, and it’s ticking fast. Global temperature averages have risen by ten degrees, eliminating many species and drying up necessary water resources. When natural ecology changes, human ecology changes; while we might not have an apocalyptic Day After Tomorrow scenario, it may be a slow and more painful series of wars, refugees, and failed states brought on by slowing food production. Heather Rogers, author of Green Gone Wrong and Gwynne Dyer, author of Climate Wars joined us in the studio to discuss the risks and environmental policy needs to postpone the inevitable, bleak consequences of overconsumption. While plenty of people are making personal choices to ride their bikes or be vegetarians, these will barely help without structural policy changes to curb the behavior of the unconverted. WATCH Heather Rogers and Gwynne Dyer: Our Environmental Clock Is Ticking
»»» Bill Fletcher, Jr@ GRITtv Workers are under assault, says Bill Fletcher, Jr., and the labor movement needs to fight back. One of the best ways to do this, he suggests, is for labor to start organizing the unemployed as well as supporting their membership. Meanwhile, Fletcher notes, 15 tea partiers get together and it makes national news, while labor's struggles are marginalized or ignored. There's plenty to fight for, though--more stimulus, jobs for those who don't have them and fair wages for those who do, better attention by the leaders to their base, and for the administration to keep its promises. Fletcher joins us via Skype from Washington, D.C. to discuss. WATCH Bill Fletcher, Jr.: Organize the Unemployed
»»» MLB All Star Game Festivities! LIVE from Angel Stadium in Anaheim California! Home Run Derby and Legends All-Star Softball Game on Monday beginning at 8 pm et on ESPN and the Mid-Summer Classic on Fox Tuesday 8 pm et.
»»» MLB on TBS Braves @ Mets 1 pm et
»»» MLB on ESPN Cubs @ Dodgers 8 pm et
BTV ACTION ALERTS!! ©
Offshore Drilling is Not The Answer: Restore the Moratorium
from Surfrider Foundation (h/t jen)
The tragic and devastating oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is a stark reminder that offshore oil drilling is not the answer.
The Deepwater Horizon rig that exploded and sank has spilled millions of gallons of oil into the ecologically rich waters in the Gulf of Mexico and continues to gush 210,000 gallons of oil into the sea every day. The spill remains unabated and now has the potential to become one of the worst environmental disasters in U.S. history. The unfolding catastrophe clearly illustrates that offshore drilling is not safe and new technology is not fool proof.
Tell the Obama Administration new drilling is NOT THE ANSWER. Our coasts and the economy they support cannot withstand anymore!
We are reminded why the 1969 oil spill in Santa Barbara and the 1989 Exxon Valdez oil spill led to state and federal moratoriums on offshore oil drilling. The tragedy in the Gulf of Mexico makes it clear that it is time once again time to restore those moratoriums.
GO HERE NOW!
MOVE TO AMEND
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,412 Military Dead as of July 8, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 1,171 Military Dead as of July 8, 2010
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with guest anchor ABC's Jake Tapper
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. Tapper explains that as a host, you can only do so much fact-checking during the interview.
PROGRAMMING NOTE: Christiane Amanpour Named 'This Week' Anchor - Amanpour starts as 'This Week' anchor in August.
• the President's top political adviser, David Axelrod
• Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-IL)
• Rep. Brian Bilbray (R-CA)
• ROUNDTABLE: Ruth Marcus of the Washington Post, The National Review's Reihan Salam, Ron Brownstein of the National Journal and George Will
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• EXCLUSIVE interview with Attorney General Eric Holder
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• THE LOST CHILDREN OF HAITI - Scott Pelley reports on the most vulnerable victims of Haiti's earthquake, children who not only face hunger, disease and sexual assault, but a form of slavery that is legal in the Caribbean country. Solly Granatstein and Nicole Young are the producers
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish.
• White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs
• ROUNDTABLE: New York Times columnist David Brooks; Fmr. Rep. Harold Ford Jr. (D-TN); Republican Strategist and Fmr. Counselor to President George W. Bush, Ed Gillespie; and msnbc's Rachel Maddow, who just returned from Afghanistan.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• White House Senior Adviser David Axelrod
• Gov. Bill Richardson (D-NM)
• Rep. Trent Franks (R-AZ)
• Administrator of the BP Oil Spill $20 billion escrow fund, Kenneth Feinberg
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
Talkers’ Magazine : Bob Kincaid one of The Frontier Fifty!!!
A Week Of Rock Solid Historical Fact! Join us for an unprecedented 12 hours of rock solid historical fact. That’s right fact. Historical fact from primary sources that can be referenced. This is as far from right-wing nuttery as it is possible to get. Beginning Tuesday the 6th of July through the following Wednesday the HORN will be broadcasting live from the campus of Concord University. What you will be hearing will be history presented by the HORN’S own Professor Bill O’Brien and a panel of scholars.For eight days, you will be able to really come to terms with what it means to be a student of history. This type of thing can affect you like a shot of whiskey! Join us! UStream broadcast of the HORN at link above!
Front Porch Friday! Friday July 9, 2010 (mp3) Bob returns to wrap up the week! Amen to White Rose Society for the podcasts! Head On Radio needs our help! Donate HERE!
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media. We are taking YOUR calls! Call 1-888-5-PETER-B toll free, that’s 1-888-573-8372 & Press 1 to leave a general comment.
• Info on Podcast #149 Published on 06 July 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Gov. Don Siegelman on Supreme Court ruling; David Swanson on sneaky House vote for war funding. Gov. Siegelman may benefit from the recent Supreme Court ruling for ex-Enron CEO Jeff Skilling, which invalidated the “honest services” statute. The Court has since returned the Siegelman-Scrushy convictions to the 11th Circuit for review. ~ Swanson, author of Daybreak: Undoing the Imperial Presidency and Forming a More Perfect Union is a tireless progressive activist and the cofounder of After Downing Street Coalition. He deconstructs the bizarre tactics used by House leaders to fund the escalation in Afghanistan without leaving fingerprints. Read his excellent article about it HERE.
• Info on Podcast #150 Published on 07 July 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Jason Leopold on BP’s pattern of reckless mismanagement; PBC talks back to Tim Geithner. Leopold is a great investigative journalist and deputy managing editor at Truthout. His latest in-depth report on BP’s dangerous practices in Alaska has led to the resignation of BP’s CEO of Alyeska, Kevin Hostler; it has also led corporate media outlets like CNN, AP and the Wall St. Journal to plagiarize Truthout’s exclusive reporting.
More podcasts at PeterBCollins.com!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and David Bender
Ring of Fire is now syndicated by Westwood One. Stay tuned for more info.
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, David Bender - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire - posted July 9th, 2010
• This week on Ring of Fire Radio, investigative journalist Greg Palast will be here to talk about BP’s other oil spill that happened just a few weeks ago – a spill that the traditional media in America decided to completely ignore.
• We’ve also got Tim Dickinson from Rolling Stone magazine here to tell us how oil companies like BP and Shell are trying to convince the government that they can drill in the arctic with even fewer restrictions and regulations than they had for their rigs in the Gulf of Mexico.
• We’ll check in with Mark Potok from the Southern Poverty Law Center, who has been working hard to expose the right wing media figures who continuously spread hate and paranoia to their viewers.
• Political satirist Matt Filipowicz will tell us all about how Michael Steele continues to embarrass the Republican Party, and we’ll talk about Glenn Beck’s new online college for his followers.
• And as part of Ring of Fire Radio’s on-going, exclusive coverage of the worst oil disaster in our nation’s history, Canadian author Joseph Boyden will be here to tell us about his recent tour of the Gulf Coast and we’ll find out what he witnessed as he travelled along the now oil-stained beaches and marshes.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: BP – Salazar Should be Fired - Ring of Fire’s Mike Papantonio appears on MSNBC’s Hardball with Chris Matthews to discuss the incestuous relationship between the oil industry (BP, Halliburton, and Transocean) and the Minerals Management Service, and how that relationship help cause the Gulf of Mexico oil disaster.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: BP Escrow Fund is a Sham - Mike Papantonio appears on The Randi Rhodes Show (with guest host Nicole Sandler), to discuss some of the most recent developments in the BP oil spill, including the new revelations that reporters could be fined as much as $40,000 and face a Class D felony for getting too close to oil workers.
• And as always, we’ll be looking at all the news that the corporate-controlled media refuses to cover. And if you want to see the revolving door that has been uncovered between BP and the government, click here!
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• Guest Post: The Rats are Cornered by Michael Krieger
• Sovereign Debt: The Death of Nations vs. the Wealth of Nations by Damon Vrabel
• Ron Paul and Barney Frank Call for $1 Trillion Cuts in Military Spending Stacy Summary: As is so often the case, Ron Paul is the one ‘Republican’ who avoids silly partisan hackery to call for military spending cuts like this. Whether the rest of the War Party (that’s the one single party under which both the Red Team and Blue Team operate) will support it or whether the War Machinery operatives like the NY Times or Washington Post will will stop terrorizing the taxpaying population on behalf of the MIC with stories of existential threats emanating from faraway caves and imaginary desert bunkers is another thing . . . (P.S. – One trillion over ten years is many trillions too little and many years too late; but it was worth a try. Afraid it’s the Soviet Way from here, not too long from now).
• BIS- IMF Looting Sovereign Wealth, ‘Biggest Gold Swap in History’ Stacy Summary: h/t MirrorMirror for this article on the BIS/IMF gold swaps. @snoot – it’s being done in the name of SDR’s. READ IMF-BIS Engaged in Gold Swaps to About 380 Tonnes; Organized Looting of Sovereign Wealth (Jesse's Crossroads Cafe). RELATED: Cash for gold scam! BIS giving cash to European banks in exchange for their gold holdings! Stacy Summary: Unbelievable, truly unbelievable. Wonder why the BIS is taking the gold as collateral from the European banks rather than just a paper promise? Don’t the BIS know they can’t eat gold?
• [OTE62] On the Edge with Damon Vrabel Stacy Summary: Max Keiser talks to Damon Vrabel. (Obviously, whoever is doing the uploading, will have uploaded part 2 as a file that was longer than 11 minutes and it was probably, therefore, rejected by Youtube. Sorry about that; I will have to upload myself, but can’t do until tomorrow or Monday).
• [KR57] Keiser Report! – Markets! Finance! Drunk Brokers! Obscene Bankers! Stacy Summary: We look at the latest scandals of American newspapers that rebrand torture as ‘waterboarding’; Timmy Geithner’s unwitting junk bond buyers; and, bailed out American banks financing Mexican drug lords. In the second half of the show, Max talks to lawyer, Luc Saucier, about building a case of obscenity against the banks.
• [KR58] Keiser Report – Markets! Finance! Monarchy! Stacy Summary: We look at the latest scandals of groveling monarchs, democratic politicians calling their taxpayers hobos and stray animals and BP and Goldman as targets of RICO. In the second half of the show, Max talks to journalist Teri Buhl about Timothy Geithner, RICO and more.
•  The Truth About Markets USA – 03 July 2010 Show at link!
•  The Truth About Markets NZ – 07 July 2010 Download show HERE (mp3)
•  The Truth About Markets London – 10 July 2010 Download show HERE (mp3)
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Lawrence Wilkerson(mp3) 28:52 July 4, 2010. Lawrence Wilkerson, former chief of staff to Secretary of State Colin Powell, discusses why Bush and Cheney must have known most Guantanamo prisoners were innocent, the US military’s inability to do battlefield vetting of Afghan war prisoners, Cheney’s reversal of the Blackstone formulation on the wrongful imprisonment of innocents, how Colin Powell and others were kept out of the loop about intelligence based on tortured confessions, how the intelligence failures on Iraq WMD were in part due to compensating for missing Saddam’s real program in 1990-91 and why Douglas Feith and Richard Perle are essentially representatives of Israel’s Likud party.
• Scott Horton (mp3) 27:38 July 7, 2010. The Other Scott Horton (no relation), international human rights lawyer, professor and contributing editor at Harper’s magazine, discusses how the UK courts are forcing the government to open up their torture files detailing how the CIA helped torture Binyam Mohammed, Federal Prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald’s prosecution of Chicago police prolific torturer John Burge and his witch-hunt against Gitmo defense attorneys, how the Obama administration is just pretending to close down Gitmo and why McChrystal was better than Patraeus because he can admit we are losing in Afghanistan.
• Grant F. Smith (mp3) 39:18 July 10, 2010. Grant F. Smith, director of the Institute for Research of Middle East Policy and author of America’s Defense Line: , discusses the real reason for Israel’s policy of “strategic ambiguity,” about their nuclear weapons, his conference on Israeli nuclear weapons, Israel’s offer to sell nuclear missiles to apartheid South Africa, Obama’s pretended push for a two state settlement, the leaked Luntz poll indicating that the American people are finally beginning to see through Israel’s ridiculous perpetual-victim narrative, and outgoing senator Arlen Spector’s efforts to help cover up for the Israelis who stole weapons-grade nuclear material from the NUMEC corporation in Pennsylvania.
• Philip Weiss (mp3) 29:30 July 10, 2010. Philip Weiss, author of the blog MondoWeiss, discusses the role of the Israeli government and the neoconservative movement in lying the American people into war in Iraq, the woeful dishonesty of the American media on all issues related to the occupations of the West Bank and Gaza strip, the pathetic belly crawling of “a$%-kissing little chicken-sh*t” Gen. David Petraeus before the feet of his neocon masters as he accidentally revealed to an anti-neocon activist with a careless email forward, signs of progress in Americans’ view of Israel issues as well as those of the elites.
More interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
• White House Senior Adviser David Axelrod
• Republican Senator Jon Kyl (R-AZ)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!