Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below. DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Independence Day Special: As the United States of America celebrates its 234th birthday the Founding Fathers would be astounded to see what this country has become, if any of them were alive today: the entire planet garrisoned by over 700 U.S. military bases with a budget larger than all other countries' military expenditures combined, too-big-to-fail banks greedily causing one economic catastrophe after another, over-the-top religious zealotry, and a Congress that is bought and paid for by huge multinational corporations who "frankly own the place" as Senator Dick Durbin deadpanned last April. So while many Americans will have big cook-outs and watch fireworks listening to Sousa marches nearly one in five Americans are out of work or have stopped looking, a similar per cent of American children suffer "food insecurity" every day and foreclosures have not abated. None of these maladies will be addressed on the Sunday Talkies except in the most abstract terms. Of course what a better holiday for pols to get some face time "supporting the troops" as JOHN "Crazy Train" MCCAIN is live from Afghanistan on This Tapper while LINDSEY GRAHAM does the same for Face the Bob. State of the Candy gets a one-on-one with Afghanistan's ambassador to the United States SAID TAYEB JAWAB. Look for PAUL KRUGMAN on the This Week roundtable to discuss his article The Third Depression where he writes, "It’s almost as if the financial markets understand what policy makers seemingly don’t: that while long-term fiscal responsibility is important, slashing spending in the midst of a depression, which deepens that depression and paves the way for deflation, is actually self-defeating. " We strongly suggest the BTV alerts featuring JOHN CONYERS and BERNIE SANDERS (among others) as a better alternative for your Sunday morning coffee time. Of course check out RAY MCGOVERN on AntiWar Radio, DANNY SCHECTER with Mike and Bobby, good interviews on the Keiser Report too, plus Peter B and Uber Pope Bob Kincaid on Prayer Meetin' Wednesday! The Brick TeeVee Crew has been busy the last two weeks with the garden and big happy family parties of all sorts (birthdays, showers, etc.) so we apologize for missing last week (our head editor was found passed out on his keyboard last Sunday morning!). Speaking of the garden we thought it was safe with our new fence and things were looking realy good until a couple of nights ago when a deer lept the fence and ate some of the pepper and tomato plants. Most everything else is going good and we're now expecting a bumper crop of cukes! Enjoy your Independence Day, wherever you are!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!
FULL COVERAGE of the Deepwater Horizon Gulf of Mexico CATASTROPHE at BP Oil Spill
»»» John Pilger @ Democracy NOW! WATCH John Pilger: There Is a War on Journalism
»»» Michael Hastings @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Michael Hastings of Rolling Stone on the Story that Brought Down Gen. McChrystal and Exposed Widening Disputes Behind the U.S. Debacle in Afghanistan
»»» John Conyers @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Rep. John Conyers and Out of Afghanistan Caucus Oppose Obama Admin’s $33B Escalation of Afghan War
»»» G20 & Civil Liberties @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Canadian Civil Liberties Group Mulls Lawsuit as Details of Mass Arrests, Unprecedented Powers at G2O Come to Light
»»» WEB EXCLUSIVE! @ Democracy NOW! WATCH Part II: Tom Engelhardt on "The American Way of War: How Bush's Wars Became Obama's"
»»» WEB EXCLUSIVE! @ Democracy NOW WATCH Part II: Jeremy Scahill on Blackwater Owner Erik Prince's Rumored Move to UAE and Obama Admin's Expansion of Special Forces Operations Abroad
»»» WEB EXCLUSIVE! @ Democracy NOW! WATCH The Images Israel Didn't Want Seen: Video and Photographs from the Gaza-Bound Aid Flotilla
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» Nomi Prins @ GRITtv Nomi Prins, former Wall Street trader and author of "It Takes a Pillage" and Roosevelt Institute Fellow and blogger Mike Konczal. WATCH Financial Reform: Throwing Junk in the Attic
»»» Senator Bernie Sanders @ GRITtv WATCH Bernie Sanders, Financial Reform, and the End of Men
»»» TENNIS on NBC Wimbledon Men's Finals live from Center Court. Coverage begins at 9 am et
»»» MLB on TBS Independence Day Spectacular! All-Start Selection Show at 12 pm et followed by Blue Jays @ Yankees 1 pm et
»»» MLB on ESPN Royals @ Angels 8 pm et
BTV ACTION ALERTS!! ©
Offshore Drilling is Not The Answer: Restore the Moratorium
from Surfrider Foundation (h/t jen)
The tragic and devastating oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is a stark reminder that offshore oil drilling is not the answer.
The Deepwater Horizon rig that exploded and sank has spilled millions of gallons of oil into the ecologically rich waters in the Gulf of Mexico and continues to gush 210,000 gallons of oil into the sea every day. The spill remains unabated and now has the potential to become one of the worst environmental disasters in U.S. history. The unfolding catastrophe clearly illustrates that offshore drilling is not safe and new technology is not fool proof.
Tell the Obama Administration new drilling is NOT THE ANSWER. Our coasts and the economy they support cannot withstand anymore!
We are reminded why the 1969 oil spill in Santa Barbara and the 1989 Exxon Valdez oil spill led to state and federal moratoriums on offshore oil drilling. The tragedy in the Gulf of Mexico makes it clear that it is time once again time to restore those moratoriums.
GO HERE NOW!
MOVE TO AMEND
MOVE TO AMEND.ORG --
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,411 Military Dead as of July 1, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 1,150 Military Dead as of July 1, 2010
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with guest anchor ABC's Jake Tapper
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. Tapper explains that as a host, you can only do so much fact-checking during the interview.
PROGRAMMING NOTE: Christiane Amanpour Named 'This Week' Anchor - Amanpour starts as 'This Week' anchor in August.
• Sen. John McCain in Afghanistan
• ROUNDTABLE: Nobel Prize-winning economist and New York Times Columnist Paul Krugman, Senior Fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations and former Iraq Coalition Provisional Authority Spokesman Dan Senor, Bloomberg's Al Hunt, Univision's Jorge Ramos and Cynthia Tucker of the Atlanta Journal Constitution
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) -- an EXCLUSIVE interview from Afghanistan
• Peter Baker, New York Times
• Jan Crawford, CBS News Chief Legal Correspondent
• Anne Kornblut, Washington Post
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
•"60 MINUTES PRESENTS: INTO THE WILD" - A SPECIAL HOUR DEVOTED TO THE NATURAL WORLD
• THE GREAT MIGRATION - Scott Pelley visits Kenya, the site of the great wildebeest migration, and looks at the threats to this natural spectacle comprised of over a million animals. Henry Schuster and Rebecca Peterson are the producers.
• THE SECRET LANGUAGE OF ELEPHANTS - Researchers listening to elephant sounds and observing their behavior are compiling an elephant dictionary. Bob Simon goes to Central Africa to listen to the language of the forest elephants first hand. Harry Radliffe is the producer
• B-REX - Lesley Stahl meets the inspiration for the lead character in the classic film Jurassic Park and reports on how famed dinosaur hunter Jack Horner is shaking up the paleontology world. Shari Finkelstein and Meghan Frank are the producers.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish.
• Meet the Press will not air this Sunday, July 4, due to NBC's coverage of Wimbledon
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Said Tayeb Jawad, Afghanistan's ambassador to the United States
• Rep. John Boccieri, D-Ohio
• Rep. Duncan Hunter, R-Calif.
• Mike Coffman, R-Colo.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
Prayer Meetin' Wednesday! Wednesday June 30, 2010 (mp3) It's Reverend Uber-Pope Bishop Bob and the Cathedral of Common Sense! Amen to White Rose Society for the podcasts! Head On Radio needs our help! Donate HERE!
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media. We are taking YOUR calls! Call 1-888-5-PETER-B toll free, that’s 1-888-573-8372 & Press 1 to leave a general comment.
• Info on Podcast #147 Published on 28 June 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Child sex slavery and pandering. Two well-informed writers talk about a sordid, difficult subject. Nick Bryant has just published The Franklin Scandal, which details a child pandering network run by an influential Republican from Omaha, Lawrence King. King fleeced a credit union of about $40 million, and used his political influence to get the FBI and other law enforcement and judicial agencies to coverup his child sex pandering network, which included the abuse of some residents of Boys Town and the outrageous conviction of one of the female victims on perjury charges.
• Info on Podcast #148 Published on 1 July 2010 by admin in Podcast Info -- Stem Cell Clinical Trials; Commentary on Kagan Confirmation; movie review: Mother and Child. Dr. Eva Feldman of the University of Michigan has exciting news on clinical trials of stem cells on ALS (Lou Gherig’s disease) patients. States like California and Michigan bypassed Bush-era restrictions on stem cell research, and we are seeing real promise for halting deterioration in ALS patients.
More podcasts at PeterBCollins.com!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and David Bender
Ring of Fire is now syndicated by Westwood One. Stay tuned for more info.
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, David Bender - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire - posted July 2nd, 2010
• This week on Ring of Fire Radio, US Senator Sheldon Whitehouse will be here to tell us about the revolving door between industry and the government that has crippled our ability to properly regulate companies like BP and Massey Coal who are killing innocent workers and our environment.
• Danny Schechter the News Dissector will be here to tell us how our society not only protects, but actually rewards corporate criminals – like those who caused our financial meltdown and the executives at BP who are poisoning the Gulf of Mexico.
• Eric Boehlert from Media Matters for America will join us to talk about the increasingly crazy rhetoric coming out of Fox News, and how their defense of BP during this oil spill might have finally pushed the network over the cliff.
• And as part of Ring of Fire Radio’s on-going, exclusive coverage of the worst oil disaster in our nation’s history, Devastation in the Gulf, former Louisiana state Senator Ben Bagert and Dr. David Kerstetter from Nova Southeastern University’s Oceanographic Center will be here to update us on the BP Oil Spill.
• VIDEO! RFK, Jr. Discusses Similarities Between Exxon and BP Oil Spills - A lot of comparisons have been made between the Exxon Valdez oil spill and the current Gulf of Mexico oil spill. While the two events are unique and happened under different circumstances, the best way to predict the future of the Gulf Coast is to look at the past in Alaska, and if history is any indication, the residents along the Gulf Coast are facing a tremendous environmental disaster followed by decades of legal battles against BP. Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. talks about this with Bob Shavelson, the executive director of the Cook Inletkeeper of Alaska.
• VIDEO! Pap and Ed Schultz Discuss “Killer Politics” - Just a few years ago, it would have been almost impossible to turn on your radio and hear the voice of a progressive talk show host. The conventional wisdom was that only conservatives could survive on the air, and numerous progressive hosts had tried and failed. But when Ed Schultz came on the air, he did something that no other progressive host had done – he got angry. His audience saw that it was ok to be passionate and show emotion, and he became a success because he wasn’t afraid to tell it like it is. Mike Papantonio talks with Ed Schultz, host of MSNBC’s The Ed Show, about uphill battle he faced, as well as some of the current problems with our political system.
• And as always, we’ll be looking at all the news that the corporate-controlled media refuses to cover. And if you want to see the revolving door that has been uncovered between BP and the government, click here!
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• Guest Post: Goldman Sachs’ Psychology and Spirituality by Damon Vrabel
• Reflexivity and Fraud: Manipulating Polls, Prices, Perceptions, and Outcomes by maxkeiser
• [OTE61] On the Edge with Greg Hunter Stacy Summary: In this week’s On the Edge, we talk to Greg Hunter of USAWatchdog.
• [KR55] Keiser Report – Markets! Finance! Invisible Gorillas! And Deficit Terrorism!! Stacy Summary: We look at the latest scandals of invisible gorillas, virtual pay and China’s hi-tech underclass. In the second half of the show, Max talks to Ellen Brown, author of Web of Debt, about ‘deficit terrorism.’
• [KR56] Keiser Report – Markets! Finance! Heretics! Stacy Summary: We look at the latest scandals of economic bloggers branded heretics as the high priests of economics are busy preparing “monster” money-printing and refusing to recognize housing bubble “time bombs”. In the second half of the show, Max talks to Josh Brown of TheReformedBroker.com about hexopolies and financial reform.
•  The Truth About Markets – New Zealand – 30 June 2010 Download show HERE (mp3)
•  The Truth About Markets London – 03 July 2010 Download show HERE (mp3)
•  The Truth About Markets USA – 03 July 2010 Stacy Summary: Found this online; will look for the remaining files. Also, we will be putting this rss feed in the sidebar. Show at link.
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Scott Horton interviews Ray McGovern (mp3) 25:08 July 2, 2010. Ray McGovern, former senior analyst at the CIA, discusses the hype surrounding a seemingly benign Russian spy ring in the US, the sorely needed FBI public relations boost from their apparent counter-espionage success, CIA director Leon Panetta’s disincentive for changing the 2007 Iran National Intelligence Estimate and why Iran really was pursuing a nuclear weapons program prior to 2003.
• Scott Horton interviews Gareth Porter (mp3) 18:33 July 1, 2010. Gareth Porter, independent historian and journalist for Inter Press Service, discusses how Gen. David Petraeus’s political skills and reputation could enable a compromise settlement in Afghanistan, speculation that Gen. Stanley McChrystal got fired on purpose, the August deadline for significant US troop reduction in Iraq and why even war boosters aren’t talking about victory in Afghanistan anymore.
• Scott Horton interviews Fred Branfman (mp3) 28:58 July 1, 2010. Fred Branfman, author of the article “5 Million Iraqis Killed, Maimed, Tortured, Displaced — Think That Bothers War Boosters Like Christopher Hitchens?” discusses the demonstrably false assertion that Iraqis are “better off” now than under Saddam Hussein, why liberal warhawks like Hitchens bear a moral burden for Iraqi civilian deaths, the ongoing class war in America (that the billionaires are winning) and why holding elections does not qualify Iraq as a democracy.
• Antiwar.com director Eric Garris. interviews Alan Grayson (mp3) 19:01 June 29, 2010. Florida Congressman Alan Grayson discusses building Congressional support for his “War is Making You Poor” bill, bipartisan cooperation with Ron Paul on the “Audit the Fed” bill, why it’s harder than ever to justify the continuing war in Afghanistan, Obama’s broken campaign promises and disappointing leadership and why Grayson has become the top target of Republicans for the 2010 House elections.
More interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Sen. Joe Lieberman, I-Conn.
• Sen. Jim DeMint, R-S.C.
• Kenneth Feinberg, administrator of fund set up to compensate Gulf oil spill victims
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!