Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below. DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Connecting Dots & Bill-n-Hill Show! We start with a bit of connecting the dots with this item from NY Observer's Mark Ames Untangling the Bizarre CIA Links to the Ground Zero Mosque. Get a big sheet of paper and make your own flow chart! Then in a related item NYT's Rober Mazur hits us with Follow the Dirty Money KEYWORD Wachovia! More dot-connecting comes from The Nation's Jeremy Scahill in Blackwater's Black Ops (see DN! in the BTV alerts for his interview). Glenn Greenwald has an update on the Administration's despair over the "Professional Left" in Obama's view of liberal criticisms: "Contrary to what many of you thought, it's these flaws within yourself that cause you to be dissatisfied with the administration, not because of any of this:" (Go to link for great headlines!) And last week GOLD reached a new all-time high with George Soros quipping, "I called gold the ultimate bubble, which means it may go higher. But it’s certainly not safe and it’s not going to last forever". Thanks, George! Stewart Thomson @ 321gold connects more GOLD dots in "The Gold Controllers Want Price Higher" pointing out 15. There is another, far more ominous issue to consider. The question, as you are now aware, is not how high gold is going. The question is: What level of gold price is required to make debt service practical? The answer to that question depends, horrifically, on the velocity at which the banksters are marking OTC derivatives to market. Read it all to help balance your portfolio! Rolling Stone's Matt Taibbi connects more banker flim-flam dots in Wall Street Strikes Again: Sewer Hikes in Alabama. Here's one dot that seems to baffle the administration and the Beltway Bubalas, from ERIC MARGOLIS @ GlobalResearch.ca The Al Qaeda threat is "exaggerated": 120,000 US Troops fighting "No More that 50 Members of Al Qaeda" explaining The [IISS] report, presided over by the former deputy director of Britain’s foreign intelligence agency, MI-6, says the threat from al-Qaeda and Taliban has been "exaggerated" by the western powers. The US-led mission in Afghanistan has "ballooned" out of all proportion from its original aim of disrupting and defeating al-Qaeda. The US-led war in Afghanistan, says IISS, using uncharacteristically blunt language, is "a long-drawn-out disaster". Just recently, CIA chief Leon Panetta admitted there were no more than 50 members of Al Qaeda in Afghanistan. Yet US President Barack Obama has tripled the number of US soldiers there to 120,000 to fight Al Qaeda....The IISS report goes on to acknowledge the presence of western troops in Afghanistan is actually fuelling national resistance. I saw the same phenomena during the 1980’s Soviet occupation of Afghanistan. Interestingly, the portion of the report overseen by the former MI-6 Secret Intelligence Service deputy chief, Nigel Inskster, finds little Al Qaeda threat elsewhere, notably in Somalia and Yemen. Yet Washington is beefing up its attacks on both turbulent nations. Doubtful the "Professional Right" will cover any of this on Sunday as they focus on shiny tea-bagger-like objects and their "Conventional Wisdom" navels. Let's go to the video! Secretary of State HILLARY CLINTON goes to This Anampour while hubby BIG DAWG gets in with Face the Bob and Meet the David. Anampour also visits with Iranian Prez AHMADINEJAD while Gregory also chats with COLIN POWELL. Look for JIMMY CARTER on 60 Minutes and State of the Candy talks elections politics with Teabagger JIM DEMINT and DNC Chair TIM KAINE. Throw bricks at KARL ROVE for fun AND even profit (see Max below Group offers $100,000 for ‘information leading to the arrest and conviction of Karl Rove’) haha! Plenty more info in the BTV Alerts and our regular features too! The Brick TeeVee crew found a flyer stuck in the compound front door and found our own teabagger, right in our hood! The flyer informed us, "I'm reaching out to you because, as you probably know, our individual liberties are at stake" and "We need to become a break-wall and unify" plus "...we can elect morally and fiscally responsible leaders that believe in limited government and our way of life in Lake County." Ah, but then the clincher! "a TRUE TEA PARTY CANDIDATE!" BWAAAHAHAHAHAAAA! The race? County freakin' Commissioner!! It really amazes us how so many teabaggers believe "gummint is the problem" that want to become PART of the "gummint", then get in there and prove they HAVE NO CLUE how to do their jobs thus making it a closed loop of insanity! Who can forget "Heckuva Job horse-club-lawyer Brownie" and the EPA's Christine “ground zero air is safe to breath” Todd Whitman? Have great week and get busy working for your favorite candidate! See you in DC next month?
**** BRICK TEEVEE SPECIAL!© ****
And you thought you'd escape any mention of OIL! HAHA!
IN DEEP WATER – SPECIAL OFFER!!!
IN DEEP WATER: The Anatomy of a Disaster, the Fate of the Gulf, and How to End Our Oil Addiction. by Peter Lehner via MikeMalloy.com
“If you’re looking for something that connects the dots between the BP oil disaster, the harm it’s done to the Gulf of Mexico and the people paying the price, this book is it. In a clear and compelling voice, it explains the worst environmental catastrophe of our time, then shows the way forward to protect this national treasure, safeguard our future and break our destructive addiction to oil.” — Robert Redford
Get yours now! Get two! Makes a great gift!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
FULL COVERAGE of the Deepwater Horizon Gulf of Mexico CATASTROPHE at BP Oil Spill
»»» Juan Garcés, a personal adviser to Allende @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Another 9/11 Anniversary: September 11, 1973, When US-Backed Pinochet Forces Took Power in Chile
»»» Johan Galtung @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Johan Galtung on the Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, Mideast Peace Talks, and Why Obama Is Losing His Base
»»» Jeremy Scahill @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW The Nation: Docs Reveals Blackwater-Linked Companies Provided Intel & Security to Multinationals Like Monsanto, Chevron
»»» Canadian farmer Percy Schmeiser @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Percy Schmeiser vs Monsanto: The Story of a Canadian Farmer’s Fight to Defend the Rights of Farmers and the Future of Seeds
»»» Sulak Sivaraksa, Vesna Terselic, Guillaume Harushimana @ Democracy NOW!WATCH NOW Right Livelihood Laureates from Croatia, Thailand and Burundi Discuss Their Battles for Social Justice
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW @ GRITtv WATCH Mooz-Lum: Qasim 'Q' Basir and Roger Guenveur Smith
»»» FEATURED SHOW @ GRITtv WATCH Tariq Ali & Alexander Cockburn, and Mary Bottari
»»» GOT DOCS @ GRITtv WATCH Got Docs: Return to El Salvador - Jamie Moffatt's Return to El Salvador, narrated by Martin Sheen, looks back at the harrowing wars of the 1980s in that country, and their ongoing legacy.
»»» NASCAR on ESPN It's the Sylvania 300 from the New Hampshire Motor Speedway! Coverage begins at 1 pm et
»»» MLB on TBS Yankees @ Orioles 1:30 pm et
»»» MLB on ESPN Detroit @ White Sox 8 pm et
ONE NATION WORKING TOGETHER
MARCH OCTOBER 2ND 2010 WASHINGTON D.C.
One Nation Working Together is a social movement of individuals and organizations committed to putting America back to work and pulling America back together. Coming from a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, beliefs and orientations, we are determined to build a more united country with good jobs, equal justice, and quality public education for all. Get involved HERE!!!
RALLY TO RESTORE SANITY OCTOBER 30th 2010 WASHINGTON D.C.
We're looking for the people who think shouting is annoying, counterproductive, and terrible for your throat; who feel that the loudest voices shouldn't be the only ones that get heard; and who believe that the only time it's appropriate to draw a Hitler mustache on someone is when that person is actually Hitler. Or Charlie Chaplin in certain roles. Are you one of those people? Excellent. Then we'd like you to join us in Washington, DC on October 30 -- a date of no significance whatsoever -- at the Daily Show's "Rally to Restore Sanity." Ours is a rally for the people who've been too busy to go to rallies, who actually have lives and families and jobs (or are looking for jobs) -- not so much the Silent Majority as the Busy Majority. If we had to sum up the political view of our participants in a single sentence... we couldn't. That's sort of the point. Get involved HERE!!!
Offshore Drilling is Not The Answer: Restore the Moratorium
from Surfrider Foundation (h/t jen)
The tragic and devastating oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is a stark reminder that offshore oil drilling is not the answer.
The Deepwater Horizon rig that exploded and sank has spilled millions of gallons of oil into the ecologically rich waters in the Gulf of Mexico and continues to gush 210,000 gallons of oil into the sea every day. The spill remains unabated and now has the potential to become one of the worst environmental disasters in U.S. history. The unfolding catastrophe clearly illustrates that offshore drilling is not safe and new technology is not fool proof.
Tell the Obama Administration new drilling is NOT THE ANSWER. Our coasts and the economy they support cannot withstand anymore!
We are reminded why the 1969 oil spill in Santa Barbara and the 1989 Exxon Valdez oil spill led to state and federal moratoriums on offshore oil drilling. The tragedy in the Gulf of Mexico makes it clear that it is time once again time to restore those moratoriums.
GO HERE NOW!
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,421 US Military Dead as of Sept 16, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 1,282 US Military Dead as of Sept 16, 2010
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. Tapper explains that as a host, you can only do so much fact-checking during the interview.
• Secretary of state Hillary Clinton
• Iran President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
• ROUNDTABLE: Delaware State Republican Chairman Tom Ross, George Will, David Sanger of the New York Times, and Peter Beinart of the Daily Beast
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Former President Bill Clinton
• Michael Gerson of the Washington Post
• Republican Strategist Ed Rollins
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• THE SWINDLER - To understand how Bernard Madoff could have done what he did, listen to so-called "mini-Madoff" Ponzi schemer Marc Dreier tell Steve Kroft in his first television interview how he scammed $400 million. Ira Rosen is the producer.
• JIMMY CARTER - Lesley Stahl speaks to the former president about his new book, "White House Diary," in which he admits mistakes and blames Ted Kennedy for delaying comprehensive health care. Karen Sughrue is the producer
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish.
• Bill Clinton
• Gen. Colin Powell (Ret.)
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) Guest host Ed Henry
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Sen. Jim DeMint (R-SC)
• Democratic National Committee Chairman Tim Kaine
• Fmr. Rep. Tom Davis (R-VA)
• Fmr. W.H. Communications Director Anita Dunn
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
Talkers’ Magazine : Bob Kincaid one of The Frontier Fifty!!!
• Moran Monday! Only show for this week! Listen HERE (mp3)! Amen to White Rose Society for the podcasts! Head On Radio needs our help! Donate HERE!
- NEW! GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - September 16, 2010 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Primaries are over - is an (even more) brain dead Senate in our future?; 2010 tied for warmest ever --- so make like the walruses and head to the beach! (Or like the denialists and put your head in the sand); Louisiana's river of dead fish ... PLUS: The really, really, really final stretch for BP's oil well? ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Podcast 174 Long-term Impact of Drop in Calif. Property Values; Lobbyists “Giddy” over “Speaker Boehner” David Cay Johnston, former N.Y. Times reporter, details ominous signs in decline in property values, and comments on current tax cut food fights; Craig Holman of Public Citizen on GOP leader Boehner’s close ties to lobbyists.
• PBC Podcast 175 Did GOP Steal Ted Kennedy’s Senate Seat? Jonathan D. Simon, Executive Director of Election Defense Alliance, presents his analysis of the special election in Massachusetts last January, which Scott Brown reportedly won.
More podcasts at PeterBCollins.com!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and David Bender
Ring of Fire is now syndicated by Westwood One. Stay tuned for more info.
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, David Bender - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! September 17, 2010
• This week on Ring of Fire Radio, the Democratic Nominee for the United States Senate, Congressman Joe Sestak of Pennsylvania, will enter the Ring to talk about his nationally important race against…wait for it…the former president of the Club for Growth. With just over six weeks to go before the election, this is a race that really matters…for all of us, not just Pennsylvanians.
• The brilliant Professor Drew Westen will share his powerful analysis of how President Obama failed to control the national debate over the last eighteen months…and what can still be done to keep a right wing Tsunami from washing away the important accomplishments that he — and the Democratic Congress — have actually achieved for the nation.
• Author Deepa Kumar will be joining us to discuss the growing anti-Islam attitude in America, and she’ll discuss how the media has done a wonderful of providing hate mongers a venue to spew their vile rhetoric.
• And author Paul Loeb will be here to talk about the importance of the upcoming midterm elections, and why progressives need to get past their anger at Obama or we could be looking at one of the worst Congressional majorities in recent history.
• You Can Listen to Ring of Fire on These Stations HERE.
• VIDEO! Papantonio & Schultz – There is no GOP Civil War Even though they didn’t support their Tea Party candidates in the primaries, as soon as they became their nominees, the GOP was quick to throw their support behind these crazies. Mike Papantonio and Ed Schultz talk about the fact that the GOP is going to stand by their nominees no matter what, so the Democrats need to step up their game.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Tea Party Wins if Progressives Don’t Act The Republican Tea Party is celebrating their victories in yesterday’s primaries, but Progressives should be celebrating as well. This Tea Party is pushing the GOP even further to the right, which could mean that moderates and RINOs are left with only one place to go – The Democratic Party. Mike Papantonio appears on The Ed Show to talk about why the Republican Tea Party is a good thing for progressives.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• Group offers $100,000 for ‘information leading to the arrest and conviction of Karl Rove’ by maxkeiser Amid the launch of a new campaign to encourage greater scrutiny of the right-wing “American Crossroads” groups known to many as the “shadow RNC,” an activist organization declared that it would give $100,000 to any person who comes forward with “information leading to the arrest and conviction of Karl Rove.” More...
• Former Iceland Prime Minister Faces Trial For ‘Economic Negligence’ Over Collapse of Currency & Banking System by stacyherbert Stacy Summary: h/t Mike/Liverpool. Iceland once again leading the way on responding to banking crimes. READ Ex-PM of Iceland Faces Trial for ‘Economic Negligence’ over Collapse of Banking System & Currency @ Telegraph UK
• KEISER REPORT [KR77] Keiser Report – Markets! Finance! Global Debt Collapse! Stacy summary: We look at emails from viewers on their “Peak America” moments and then check out the scandals of the Irish choice of being “good Europeans” or “bad Europeans”, as a result of bankers offering only “bad banks”; while Iceland refuses to settle at any price. In the second half of the show, Max goes Down Under to talk to economist Steve Keen about the global debt collapse.
• KEISER REPORT [KR78] Keiser Report – Markets! Finance! Economic Recklessness! Stacy summary: We look at the scandals of the ‘living’ dead centenarians collecting pensions in Japan and of Iceland’s ex-premier defending his innocence against charges of ‘economic recklessness.’ In the second half of the show, Max goes to Detroit to talk global deflationary collapse with Nicole ‘Stoneleigh’ Foss of Automatic Earth.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS -  The Truth About Markets NZ – 14 September 2010 Stacy Summary: Sorry for the delay in posting. Just been busy, busy, busy. Download show HERE!
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS -  The Truth About Markets London – 18 September 2010 Stacy Summary: Yep, it’s here. Hope it inspires you to comment. Download show HERE!
• ON THE EDGE [OTE71] On the Edge with J.S. Kim Stacy summary: Interview with J.S. Kim. Original airdate: 03 September 2010.
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Eric Margolis September 5, 2010: Eric Margolis, foreign correspondent and author of War at the Top of the World and American Raj, discusses the appalling lack of knowledge displayed by the U.S. occupation forces in Afghanistan, how Americans are too uneducated and impatient to rival the British Empire’s colonial skills, the problem with exporting democracy to Muslim countries whose people are more concerned with justice, economic advisers hard at work making Afghanistan’s banks as insolvent as America’s and how U.S.-engineered term extensions for key Pakistani military posts have effectively deposed the civilian government. LISTEN Eric Margolis (mp3) 20:24
• Gareth Porter September 7, 2010: Gareth Porter, independent historian and journalist for IPS News, discusses Joe Biden’s acceptance of the mainstream (and false) Iraq War narrative, how the U.S. and Iran are essentially partners-in-meddling in Iraqi politics, dispelling the main tenets of surge “success” and why Iraq is shaping up to be another “forgotten war” in the Korean model. LISTEN Gareth Porter (mp3) 27:08
• Nick Turse September 13, 2010: Nick Turse, author of "The Complex: How the Military Invades Our Everyday Lives", discusses how today’s military-industrial complex far exceeds the one Eisenhower warned of, the Pentagon’s influence in Hollywood that often includes vetting rights on movie scripts in exchange for access to taxpayer funded weapons of war, the early-and-often bombardment of young people with military propaganda, why far too many businesses and workers are reliant on Pentagon spending and the five jaw-dropping and under-reported WikiLeaks stories. LISTEN Nick Turse (mp3) 25:49
• Kevin Zeese September 18, 2010. Kevin Zeese, Executive Director and co-founder of VotersForPeace, discusses the failed left-of-center antiwar movement, how a broad-based antiwar coalition can keep the pressure on during the ebb and flow of Democrat-Republican politics, the remarkable Martin Luther King, Jr. Riverside church speech and why current trends indicate that we face a lifetime of constant war. LISTEN Kevin Zeese (mp3) 21:18
More interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Joe Miller (R-AK)
• Karl Rove
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml