Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have other Sunday Talkie shows' guest lists we don't have please share below. DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
New "Contract ON America"! What a crazy week! Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad addressed the U.N. and told the remaining audience 9-1-1 was an inside job saying "some segments within the US government orchestrated the attack to reverse the declining American economy and its grips on the Middle East in order also to save the Zionist regime....The majority of the American people as well as other nations and politicians agree with this view." (AFP) He must have watched "Loose Change The Final Cut"? Obama also spoke at the U.N. and "As Obama spoke about the importance of supporting U.S.-brokered peace talks, television cameras panned to empty chairs at Israel's U.N. desk...Israeli officials have denied their absence was an intentional slight, saying they were observing the Jewish holiday of Sukkot and had informed the U.S. in advance that they would not be present...And some of Netanyahu's right-wing colleagues condemned Obama's speech, accusing the U.S. president of "inappropriate interference." " (LA Times) Then LARRY "Africa is Under-polluted" SUMMERS announced his resignation saying, "I'm looking forward to returning to Harvard to teach and write about the economic fundamentals of job creation and stable finance as well as the integration of rising and developing countries into the global system" (Guardian UK) which is code for "I'm going to continue proselytizing neo-liberal flat-earth Chicago-School Freidmanism Economics to more young rich white kids who will make a killing on Wall Street". Danny Schecter has more on this at Consortium News The No-Longer Endless Summers as does Robert Scheer at TruthDig So Long, Summers noting, Thanks to the banking debacle he did so much to initiate back in the Clinton years, the nation now has more people living in poverty, 43.6 million of them, than ever in our history. Americans have witnessed the disappearance of $11 trillion of their net worth, $1.5 trillion in the second quarter; the debt has risen alarmingly; unemployment is stuck at 9.6 percent; and trillions of dollars in toxic pools of housing stock are still held by the banks to be thrown into the housing market fire sale anytime home prices promise to edge upward. Behold what brilliance has wrought. . Not to be upstaged the Republicans unveiled their latest "Contract ON America" with their new shiny (and hollow) "Pledge for America". At TruthDig Eugene Robinson remarks in The Party of Nonsense "...if the “Pledge to America” unveiled Thursday is the best that House Republicans can come up with, they’d have been better off continuing to froth and foam about “creeping socialism” while stonewalling on specifics. The problem with the Pledge is that the numbers don’t remotely add up." Another analysis comes from RJ Eskow at The Smirking Chimp who writes in GOP's "Pledge" to Rob the Middle Class: No Jobs, No Health Care, No Security "Once you strip away the rhetoric, the answer is simple: Off the top, their plan is a trillion-dollar giveaway to the rich - at everybody else's expense. Their "pledge" would slash needed spending, kill jobs and end any hope of growing the economy. It declares open season on the public's health and safety with a deregulation agenda that would unleash BP, Goldman Sachs, and every other corporation whose risky behavior endangers us. It would lead to even more financial crashes and environmental disasters. Firefighters, cops,and teachers would be laid off in droves. The deficit would soar. We'd face a permanently stagnating economy. The middle class would wither away." And he warns "Remember, the Republicans made a lot of promises the last time they took control of the Congress. They promised to create more jobs, and their policies led to record unemployment. They promised to limit their own terms, then settled in for a long comfy stay in Washington. They promised that businesses would regulate themselves, and both the Gulf Coast and the Main Street economy were ruined. " What's really scary is the rubes and teabaggers and birthers and "low information voters" will eat this crap up! They are stuck in a bizarre Stockholm Syndrome Twilight Zone! What's more, the GOP are up to their old VOTER CAGING tricks just like they pulled in Florida in 2000 and in Ohio in 2004: One Wisconsin Now Exposes Voter Suppression Plans Between Republican Party of Wisconsin, Americans for Prosperity, Tea Party Groups!!! TAKE ACTION HERE! The GOP clearly adheres to three basic principles: "If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit", "Do it while you can but don't get caught" and PT Barnum's old saw "There's a sucker born every day". So it's no surprise this week's Sunday Funnies are crowded with Republicans led by MITCH MCCONNELL on This Anampour, CRAZY MARSHA BLACKBURN on State of the Candy, MARCO RUBIO on the ALL-GOP Face the Bob, MIKE PENCE on Meet the David and JOHN "Crybaby" BOEHNER bringing up the rear on FAKE SNOOZE. And you can aim a few bricks at STENY HOYER (SOTU), DAVID AXELROD (This Week) and ARNE DUNCAN (MTP) for good measure! Remember that big flow-chart you made for homework on last week's item NY Observer's Mark Ames Untangling the Bizarre CIA Links to the Ground Zero Mosque? Well you get to compare your notes with 60 Minutes feature THE PEOPLE BEHIND THE MOSQUE after that football game! Or leave that all behind and check out a good interview with MATHEW HOH on AntiWarRadio, ALAN GRAYSON on Ring of Fire Radio, ANDY WORTHINGTON on PBC, GLENN GREENWALD on DN! and JIM WILLIE with Max and Stacy plus so much more in the BTV Alerts and our regular features. The Brick TeeVee crew is about tapped out from this week's Homecoming where we shelled out way too much money for tickets and dresses and suits and flowers (but they looked so MAH-VE-LOUS!). But we were encouraged (and backstopped) by news from Reuters U.S. gold hits record above $1,300 an ounce. Enjoy your Sunday and have a great week!
**** BRICK TEEVEE SPECIAL!© ****
And you thought you'd escape any mention of OIL! HAHA!
IN DEEP WATER – SPECIAL OFFER!!!
IN DEEP WATER: The Anatomy of a Disaster, the Fate of the Gulf, and How to End Our Oil Addiction. by Peter Lehner via MikeMalloy.com
“If you’re looking for something that connects the dots between the BP oil disaster, the harm it’s done to the Gulf of Mexico and the people paying the price, this book is it. In a clear and compelling voice, it explains the worst environmental catastrophe of our time, then shows the way forward to protect this national treasure, safeguard our future and break our destructive addiction to oil.” — Robert Redford
Get yours now! Get two! Makes a great gift!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
FULL COVERAGE of the Deepwater Horizon Gulf of Mexico CATASTROPHE at BP Oil Spill
»»» Glenn Greenwald @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Glenn Greenwald on Iran, Tea Party Candidates, Jon Stewart and Obama’s Assassination Policy
»»» John le Carré @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW John le Carré: "The United States of America Has Gone Mad"
»»» Tariq Ali. @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Holbrooke Says World Cannot Foot Entire Bill for Pakistan Flood Recovery as US Spends Billions on Wars in Iraq, Afghanistan & Pakistan
»»» Robert Scheer @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW "A Departure to Be Welcomed": Robert Scheer on Resignation of White House Economic Adviser and Deregulation Proponent Lawrence Summers
»»» Manfred Max-Neef @ Democracy NOW!WATCH NOW Chilean Economist Manfred Max-Neef: US Is Becoming an "Underdeveloping Nation"
»»» Jorge Castañeda @ Democracy NOW!WATCH NOW Former Mexican Foreign Minister Jorge Castañeda on the Drug War, Legalization, Immigration and Free Trade
»»» Diana Buttu @ Democracy NOW!WATCH NOW Obama UN Speech on Mideast Talks "Filled with Empty Words"–Palestinian Attorney Diana Butt
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW @ GRITtv WATCH Tim Wise: Dragging Racial Bias Into the Open
»»» DAVID CORN @ GRITtv WATCH David Corn: Pledging to America or Insurers?
»»» COMMUNITY VIDEO @ GRITtv WATCH Making the Invisible People Visible - JNaomi Klein noted as well, "We don't have the ability to make the economically disposed-of people visible." Indeed, all over the country people are struggling just to survive in the current economic climate. Invisible People is a project aimed at doing just what Klein asked--making those people visible again. In this clip, they bring us the story of Jean and her kids.
»»» NASCAR on ESPN It's the AAA 400 from the Dover International Speedway! Coverage begins at 1 pm et
»»» MLB on TBS Giants @ Rockies 3 pm et
»»» MLB on ESPN Red Sox @ Yankees 8 pm et
ONE NATION WORKING TOGETHER
MARCH OCTOBER 2ND 2010 WASHINGTON D.C.
One Nation Working Together is a social movement of individuals and organizations committed to putting America back to work and pulling America back together. Coming from a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences, beliefs and orientations, we are determined to build a more united country with good jobs, equal justice, and quality public education for all. Get involved HERE!!!
RALLY TO RESTORE SANITY OCTOBER 30th 2010 WASHINGTON D.C.
We're looking for the people who think shouting is annoying, counterproductive, and terrible for your throat; who feel that the loudest voices shouldn't be the only ones that get heard; and who believe that the only time it's appropriate to draw a Hitler mustache on someone is when that person is actually Hitler. Or Charlie Chaplin in certain roles. Are you one of those people? Excellent. Then we'd like you to join us in Washington, DC on October 30 -- a date of no significance whatsoever -- at the Daily Show's "Rally to Restore Sanity." Ours is a rally for the people who've been too busy to go to rallies, who actually have lives and families and jobs (or are looking for jobs) -- not so much the Silent Majority as the Busy Majority. If we had to sum up the political view of our participants in a single sentence... we couldn't. That's sort of the point. Get involved HERE!!!
Offshore Drilling is Not The Answer: Restore the Moratorium
from Surfrider Foundation (h/t jen)
The tragic and devastating oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is a stark reminder that offshore oil drilling is not the answer.
The Deepwater Horizon rig that exploded and sank has spilled millions of gallons of oil into the ecologically rich waters in the Gulf of Mexico and continues to gush 210,000 gallons of oil into the sea every day. The spill remains unabated and now has the potential to become one of the worst environmental disasters in U.S. history. The unfolding catastrophe clearly illustrates that offshore drilling is not safe and new technology is not fool proof.
Tell the Obama Administration new drilling is NOT THE ANSWER. Our coasts and the economy they support cannot withstand anymore!
We are reminded why the 1969 oil spill in Santa Barbara and the 1989 Exxon Valdez oil spill led to state and federal moratoriums on offshore oil drilling. The tragedy in the Gulf of Mexico makes it clear that it is time once again time to restore those moratoriums.
GO HERE NOW!
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,423 US Military Dead as of Sept 23, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 1,301 US Military Dead as of Sept 23, 2010
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. Tapper explains that as a host, you can only do so much fact-checking during the interview.
• David Axelrod
• Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell
• Queen Rania of Jordan
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, Democratic political strategist Donna Brazile, former Bush political strategist Matthew Dowd and Ron Brownstein of the National Journal
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Marco Rubio, Republican Candidate for Florida Senate
• Ken Buck, Republican Candidate for Colorado Senate
• Sal Russo, Chief Strategist, Tea Party Express
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• A RELENTLESS ENEMY - Lara Logan's report takes viewers to the border area between Afghanistan and Pakistan, where she and her crew came under enemy fire from fighters who the U.S. military says keep coming from their sanctuary in Pakistan. Max McClellan and Jeff Newton are the produc
• THE PEOPLE BEHIND THE MOSQUE- Scott Pelley looks at the national debate that has flared up around Ground Zero in New York City over opposition to building an Islamic center and prayer room nearby. Henry Schuster is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish.
• Chair of the House Republican Conference Rep. Mike Pence (R-IN)
• Chair of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-MD)
• NBC's week-long "Education Nation": an in-depth look at reforming our education system. What's at the heart of the problem in our nation's public schools? What reforms are working and how can those solutions be part of a national model? An exclusive conversation with four key voices on this important issue: U.S Secretary of Education Arne Duncan; DC Schools Chancellor Michelle Rhee; Emergency Financial Manager for the Detroit Public Schools Robert Bobb; and President of the American Federation of Teachers Randi Weingarten.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Majority Whip Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL).
• Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN)
• Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA).
• Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-CT)
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
Talkers’ Magazine : Bob Kincaid one of The Frontier Fifty!!!
• Prayer Meetin' Wednesday! Gather 'round that subwoofer of common sense! Uber Reverand Bob hears more dog whistles! Listen HERE (mp3)! Amen to White Rose Society for the podcasts! Head On Radio needs our help! Donate HERE!
- NEW! GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - September 23, 2010 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Look out 1998 and 2005: 2010 shaping up to be hottest year evah; Coral reefs totally stressed out --- wouldn't you be?; More questions on the safety of Gulf seafood; Labeling "Frankenfish" ... PLUS: House panel investigates which came first: the chicken --- or the tainted eggs? ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Podcast 176 Los Alamos Whistleblower Glenn Walp Glenn Walp, a respected law enforcement official, was brought in to clean up the security mess at Los Alamos nuke labs; in less than a year, he was fired–for doing his job.
• PBC Podcast 177 Andy Worthington: 9th Circuit Says “Secrecy Rules”; Will Durst is Mad, Really Mad! Andy Worthington reports on Appeals Court ruling against victims of torture and rendition, declaring “secret” what we already know; Will Durst has some anger issues.
More podcasts at PeterBCollins.com!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and David Bender
Ring of Fire is now syndicated by Westwood One. Stay tuned for more info.
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, David Bender - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! September 24, 2010
• This week on Ring of Fire Radio, Senator Sheldon Whitehouse will be joining us to talk about how Congress is finally getting serious about job creation, and how we can’t have economic growth until we get people back to work.
• The Congressman with Guts, Alan Grayson will take us behind the scenes of his critically important re-election campaign and tell us why he’s the GOP’s Number One target in November.
• Dr. Riki Ott will be here to tell us about some of the health hazards that Gulf Coast residents are starting to experience from the dangerous dispersant chemicals that BP is dumping into the waters by the thousands of gallons.
• And blogger David DeGraw will be here to tell us why the latest statistics on poverty and unemployment in the U.S. are actually much worse than the figures released last week by the Census Bureau.
• You Can Listen to Ring of Fire on These Stations HERE.
• VIDEO! This Election Needs YOU! It’s no secret that a lot of progressives in America are disappointed with President Obama and the elected Democratic politicians in Washington. As a result, these progressives are threatening to just stay home on Election Day this year. Not only is this anger detrimental to the Party, but it could have disastrous consequences for our country. Mike Papantonio talks with author Paul Loeb, who says that we have to get past our anger or else we could be looking at a Congress that is actually worse then the one we had during the Bush years.
• VIDEO! Papantonio & RFK, Jr. On Voter Caging in 2010 Mike Papantonio and Bobby Kennedy, Jr. discuss the GOP’s efforts to prevent eligible voters from casting votes in the 2010 Midterm elections.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• 9/11 Insider Trading Update: by maxkeiser U.S. and Allied Intelligence Heard the 9/11 Hijackers Plans from Their Own Mouths The 9/11 hijackers were largely unknown prior to that horrible event, right? Actually, U.S. and allied intelligence services heard a lot from the hijackers’ own mouths prior to 9/11: More...
• Solari: Options For Storing Precious Metals by maxkeiser In this article, we summarize some of the better-known custodial, vaulting, and digital gold arrangements available to individual investors in precious metals and provide a list of considerations for those interested in exploring these and other alternatives available to them More...
• Guest Post: The Road to World War III by stacyherbert Stacy Summary: From David DeGraw, the first of five parts to his new series, The Road Through 2010: Revolution or World War III. @ AmpedStatus.com
• KEISER REPORT [KR79] Keiser Report – Markets! Finance! Bad Equilibrium! Stacy summary: We look at the scandals of Greenspan’s ‘gold warning;’ currency wars breaking out; the Veterans Administration’s verbal dealers with insurance brokers raking it in on dead soldiers and Carla Bruni’s hopes for raking it in after her husband’s (hopefully) one term. In the second half of the show, Max goes to New York to talk to Yves Smith of NakedCapitalism.com about her book, Econned, and about stability and instability in financial markets, structural imbalances,’bad equilibrium,’ trillions in derivatives and Che Guevara with machine gun interfering with Potemkin companies.
• KEISER REPORT [KR80] Keiser Report – Markets! Finance! Bedbugs! Stacy summary: We look at the scandals of World War III ending before it even started thanks to Goldman Sachs seeking to move into Iran; and taking on the bourse Abbie Hoffmann style. In the second half of the show, Max goes to New York to talk to Joe Weisenthal from BusinessInsider.com about bedbugs, gold and pensioners.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS -  The Truth About Markets NZ – 14 September 2010 Stacy Summary: Sorry for the delay in posting. Just been busy, busy, busy. Download show HERE!
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS -  The Truth About Markets London – 18 September 2010 Stacy Summary: Yep, it’s here. Hope it inspires you to comment. Download show HERE!
• ON THE EDGE [OTE72] Episode 72 – 24 September 2010, Guest: Ed Harrison Stacy summary: On the Edge with Ed Harrison of Creditwritedowns.com
• ON THE EDGE [OTE73] On the Edge with Jim Willie Stacy summary: Interview with Jim Willie, air date 17 September 2010.
• ON THE EDGE [OTE74] On the Edge with Ed Harrison Stacy summary: On the Edge with Ed Harrison of Creditwritedowns.com
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Andy Worthingtos September 23, 2010: Andy Worthington, author of The Guantanamo Files, discusses his 8-part exposé on the 176 remaining prisoners in Guantanamo, the nearly 600 inmates already released that put the lie to “worst of the worst” claims, Obama’s political decision not to release Yemeni prisoners no matter their innocence, Taliban foot soldiers fighting the Northern Alliance pre-9/11 unfairly lumped together with actual terrorism suspects and how the Abu Zubaydah case proves that evidence obtained through torture cannot be relied upon. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 25:06
• Elaine Cassel September 23, 2010: Elaine Cassel, civil liberties attorney and author of The War on Civil Liberties: How Bush and Ashcroft have Dismantled the Bill of Rights, discusses the 9th Circuit Court’s decision – based on state secrets privilege – that denies Binyam Mohamed due process for his rendition and torture by the CIA and proxy groups, the legal immunity enjoyed by judges and prosecutors from gross misconduct (other than taking bribes), why a court ruling against NSA warrantless wiretapping isn’t enough to stop a determined Executive Branch and how the Republican Party’s spellbound descent into conspiratorial nonsense continues unabated. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 30:14
• Paul Kawika Martin September 25, 2010: Paul Kawika Martin, Organizing and Policy Director at Peace Action, discusses how the U.S.-Russia START Treaty is stuck in expiration limbo as midterm election political wrangling pushes back a Senate vote, the importance of calling your senators and telling them to get the ball rolling on a new nuclear arms treaty, Republican delaying tactics that seek to deny the embattled Obama administration a legislative success and why Obama’s encouraging pledge to forgo nuclear annihilation threats against non-nuclear armed countries unfortunately makes an exception for Iran. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 20:25
• Matthew Hoh September 25, 2010. Matthew Hoh, Director of the Afghanistan Study Group, discusses the circumstances that promted his resignation as a U.S. Foreign Service Officer in Afghanistan, the changing establishment consensus that is increasingly at odds with Afghanistan policy and the fact that – despite the hype about Gen. Petraeus’s strategy refresh – COIN doctrine has been in effect since 2005. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 18:55
More interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• House Minority Leader John Boehner
• Cheif Deputy Minority Whip Congressman Kevin McCarthy
• House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml