Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below!
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
FILIBERNIE! Independent Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont took to the Senate floor at 10:25 am on Friday and then put in a good full day's work on behalf of the people of Vermont and the United States, spending the next 8+ hours explaining why the Obama-Republican tax-cut "compromise" was such a disaster. He brought out charts, he read emails from struggling constituents, he explained how the O-R proposed "tax holiday" (it reduces the employee deduction to FICA AND the employer's matching fund by 2%) was a Trojan Horse to de-fund and ultimately kill Social Security, explained the bad trade policies that led us here and basically told it like it REALLY IS. From the Friends of Bernie website: At the end of the nearly nine hour speech, Bernie concluded, "If the American people stand up and say, we can do better than this, that we don’t need to drive up the national debt by giving tax breaks to millionaires and billionaires, that if the American people are prepared to stand – and we’re prepared to follow them – I think we can defeat this proposal. I think we can come up with a better proposal which better reflects the needs of the middle class and working families of our country and, to me, most importantly, the children of our country. And with that, Madam President, I would yield the floor." If you missed any of it you can watch it all at the C-SPAN Archives site HERE and the full transcript is on Bernie's Senate website HERE. While all this was going on Commander-in-Absence Obama called in BILL CLINTON for a presser and then announced "I have to go to a holiday party" and left Big Dawg to deal with the press for another 30 minutes! Flashback to 1999! While Julian Assange is still in a London jail awaiting charges and/or extradition to Sweden (see update from his atty below) web group "Anonymous" began Denial-of-Service attacks against Visa, Mastercard, PayPal and others who have closed down donation channels to wkikleaks. We get from GeekOSystem.com Anonymous Posts Video Describing “Operation Payback” In Defense Of WikiLeaks Now, in eerie and awesome fashion, a new video has been posted that describes Anon’s agenda in the most historic terms. with the video! You can read their latest "press release" in PDF form ANON OPS: A Press Release December 10, 2010. Across the pond folks aren't so happy with the attacks on Assange. Steve Erlanger @ NYT explains in Europeans Criticize Fierce U.S. Response to Leaks, "While the Obama Administration has done nothing in the courts to block the publication of any of the leaked documents, or even, as of yet, tried to indict WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange for any crime, American officials and politicians have been widely condemned in the European news media for calling the leaks everything from “terrorism” (Rep. Peter T. King, Rep.-New York) to “an attack against the international community” (Secretary of State Hillary Clinton)." Stateside most of the punditry and even some lawmakers are still calling for Assange's head, even though he has not been charged with any crime although ERIC HOLDER claimed "We are looking at all the things we can do to try to stem the flow of this information." (Salon). What it boils down to is a First Amendment protection of free speech of the press, since wikileaks and specifically Assange are only REPORTING the information they've been given from "leakers" of unknown origin. If Washington can silence wikileaks then they can (and should, by their logic) silence the New York Times for publishing the wikileaks docs. H/T Maddy for these related items worth your time! Robert Scheer: From Jefferson to Assange, Ian Welsh: Why Assange and Wikileaks have won this round, Timothy Bancroft-Hinchey, Pravda: Assange, Pinochet, Wikileaks: Prosecution or Persecution?. Freakin PRAVDA!! We go to The Blueprint at FutureStreetConsulting who ably point out "It’s this triviality which has angered those in power. The mythology of power – that leaders are somehow more substantial, their concerns more elevated and lofty than us mere mortals, who must not question their motives – that mythology has been definitively busted. This is the final terminus of aristocracy; a process that began on 14 July 1789 came to a conclusive end on 28 November 2010. The new aristocracies of democracy have been smashed, trundled off to the guillotine of the Internet, and beheaded." An emailer to Malloy pointed out (paraphrasing) "Compare the JA case with VALERIE PLAME's. People DID DIE when her cover was exposed for the Middle East CIA front company "Brewster Jennings". " In this light the WH Limo picks up Senior White House Advisor DAVID AXELROD for appearances on This Anampour, Face the Bob and State of the Candy to tell anyone who'll listen that Bill Clinton is NOT the president again, giving the top 0.3% a tax cut that will add BILLIONS to the debt is a GOOD THING and they'll get that rat-bastard Assange just like they did OBL! Catch Paul Krugman on This Anampout to tell GEORGE WILL he needs a haicut. The WH Scooter takes WH Econ "Advisor" AUSTIN GOOLSBEE to Meet the David to counter everything Bernie said in 8+ hours into easily-digestible sound-bite bullshit. Look for HOWARD DEAN and JERRY NADLER on FTN too. Save all yer bricks for OrangeMan JOHN "Crybaby" BOEHNER on 60 Minutes where he will tell America "Tax cuts create Jobs!" BWAAAHAHAAA! Plenty of GOOD STUFF below so click on ANYTHING and you'll be instantly smarter! And get a cool MAX KEISER Silver 1-oz. coin too! The Brick TeeVee Crew is hunkering down for a giant snow storm alleged to last from Sunday night to some time Wednesday: food -check, beer -check, whiskey -check. Stay warm and have a great week!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
FULL COVERAGE of the Deepwater Horizon Gulf of Mexico CATASTROPHE at BP Oil Spill
»»» Glenn Greenwald @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Glenn Greenwald on the Arrest of Julian Assange and the U.S. "War on WikiLeaks"
»»» Guardian UK's John Vidal @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Guardian Environment Editor John Vidal on WikiLeaks Cables and U.S. Manipulation of Climate Talks RELATED: Guardian Reporter John Vidal: With Climate Talks on Verge of Collapse "You Could Argue that America Has Done Very Well Out of This"
»»» Marcus Stephen, president of Nauru @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW "Countries Least Responsible for Climate Change are the Ones Most Threatened by It": Island States Urge Binding Emissions Cuts at U.N. Climate Summit
»»» Assange’s attorney in London, Jennifer Robinson @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Attorney: WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange Endangered by Bail Denial in London; Still No Charges Filed in Sweden
»»» Anne Petermann, Executive Director of the Global Justice Ecology Project. @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Is REDD the New Green? Indigenous Groups Resist Carbon Market-Based Forestry Scheme to Offset Emissions
»»» Ecuadoran President Rafael Correa @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Ecuadoran President Rafael Correa on WikiLeaks, the September Coup, U.S. Denial of Climate Funding, and Controversial Forest Scheme REDD
»»» Bolivian President Evo Moraless @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Bolivian President Evo Morales at Cancún Climate Summit: WikiLeaks Cables Reveal "Diplomacy of Empire"
»»» Lucia Green-Weiskel, of the China-based organization Innovation Center for Energy and Transportation @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW China Faces International Criticism at Nobel Ceremony in Oslo and Climate Talks in Cancún
»»» Daniel Ellsberg @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Pentagon Whistleblower Daniel Ellsberg: Julian Assange is Not a Terrorist
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW @ GRITtv WATCH Wavy Gravy: Saint Misbehavin'
»»» Senator Bernie Sanders @ GRITtv WATCH Bernie Sanders: Get Out There and Fight RELATED: Bernie Sanders, Conspiracy Tactics and Defunding the States
»»» Loretta Ross of SisterSong & Lynn Paltrow of National Advocates for Pregnant Women @ GRITtv WATCH Loretta Ross & Lynn Paltrow: Conspiracy Tactics
»»» Brave New Films Video @ GRITtv WATCH Brave New Films: No Millionaire Left Behind
»»» Alexander Cockburn & Vince Warren @ GRITtv WATCH Alexander Cockburn & Vince Warren: Prosecuting WikiLeaks
»»» NBA on TNT THURSDAY DOUBLEHEADER! Hawks @ Celtics 8 pm et then Spurs @ Nuggets 10:30 pm et
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,430 US Military Dead as of Dec 10, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 1,426 US Military Dead as of Dec 10, 2010
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. Tapper explains that as a host, you can only do so much fact-checking during the interview.
• Senior White House Advisor David Axelrod
• prime minister of the Palestinian Authority, Salam Fayyad
• Israeli opposition leader and former foreign minister, Tzipi Livni.
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, Cokie Roberts, Matthew Dowd and Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Krugman
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• David Axelrod, Senior White House Adviser
• Howard Dean, former Democratic National Committee Chair
• Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• THE NEXT SPEAKER - Rep. John Boehner will become the speaker of the House next month, but few know this Ohio Republican beyond his life in Washington. Lesley Stahl profiles the man whose new role will place him at the top of the Republican Party and third in line for the presidency. Karen Sughrue is the producer.
• BRAZIL - As the U.S. and most of the world's countries limp along after the crippling recession, Brazil is off and running with jobs, industry, and resources. The economic juggernaut is poised to become the fifth largest economy in the world. Steve Kroft reports. Draggan Mihailovich is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish.
• Chairman of the White House Council of Economic Advisers, Austan Goolsbee.
• NYC Mayor Mike Bloomberg
• ROUNDTABLE: Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-NY), Fmr. Rep. Harold Ford Jr. (D-TN), Wall Street Journal Editorial Page Editor Paul Gigot, and NBC News White House Correspondent Savannah Guthrie.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• White House Senior Adviser David Axelrod
• Rep. Elijah Cummings (D)
• Jim McDermott (D)
• Illinois Sen. Dick Durbin
• Dennis Blair, the former director of national intelligence.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
Talkers’ Magazine : Bob Kincaid one of The Frontier Fifty!!!
• THORN-IN-THE-SIDE THURSDAY!!! Bob talks about the tax-cut compromise and more! Listen HERE (mp3)! Amen to White Rose Society for the podcasts! Head On Radio needs our help, too! Donate HERE!
- NEW! GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - December 9, 2010 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Crunch time in Cancun as the UN climate summit races to a close; Major moves in the US over coal, oil and emissions ...PLUS: More WikiLeaking: from Nigeria (who loves both Shell and Dick Cheney!) to Canada to BP ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Podcast 199 Frank Comments from Author/Columnist Tom Frank; Will Durst on the Great American Patdown Thomas C. Frank is darned happy about his new gig as the lead columnist at Harper’s magazine, and chats it up with PBC on a range of topics; Will Durst wants to be able to have a cigarette after he gets groped at the airport.
• PBC Podcast 200 Two Powerful Anti-War Voices; Swanson and Thistlethwaite Activist/author David Swanson returns to talk about his latest book, War Is a Lie and Rev. Susan B. Thistlethwaite on her new book, Dreaming of Eden: American Religion and Politics in a Wired World.
• PBC Podcast 201 “More Partisanship, Please!!” Dems Reject Obama Tax Deal, Sanders Filibusters!! Rev. Ray Dubuque talks about his new(est) website, MorePartisanshipPlease, as we listen to Sen. Bernie Sanders filibuster the stinky Obama-GOP tax deal, and Dubuque makes the case that “post-partisanship” is un-American–we need more open debate and less insider wheeling and dealing.
More podcasts at PeterBCollins.com!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and David Bender
Ring of Fire is now syndicated by Westwood One. Stay tuned for more info.
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, David Bender - Politics, Commentary, and News.
READ A Message from David Bender.
This Week on Ring of Fire Radio! December 10th, 2010
• Stepping into the Ring of Fire this week: Author and former secretary of labor Robert Reich will give us his analysis of the continuing financial crisis in America – a crisis that he believes is rooted in the widening income gap between the haves and the have nots.
• Richard Wolffe returns to the Ring for the second part of our discussion of Barack Obama’s presidency, a subject he knows better than almost any journalist given his extraordinary access to the President and his team.
• Harper’s magazine contributing editor Scott Horton will be joining us to discuss the political prosecutions that occurred during the Bush administration, and we’ll talk about why nothing has been done about them in the two years since Bush left office.
• Union activist Ted Massinello will be here to talk with us about his 30 years of experience working with unions, and he’ll talk about the numerous ways in which corporate leaders are working to destroy unions across America
• And authors Ben Ross and Steven Amter will be join us to discuss how the chemical and oil industries became two of the most powerful lobbying organizations in the country – an effort that started more than 120 years ago.
• You Can Listen to Ring of Fire on These Stations HERE.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Sarah Palin’s Cukoo Moments Sarah Palin is planning several overseas trips in the next few months, and the general consensus is that this is the start of her presidential run. Mike Papantonio appears on The Ed Show on MSNBC to dissect Palin’s motives, and to point out how disastrous she could be for America.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Obama The “Caveman” Caves in Again Mike Papantonio and Ed Schultz dissect President Obama’s decision to extend the Bush tax cuts, and lay out the case for their continued dissatisfaction with the Obama administration.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge cosrporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• Welcome to The SilverKeiser.Net “The Official Silver Keiser Pre-Order Sales are Here While Supplies Last!” – - – - – - i’m getting lots of negative feedback on the site —- with orders not processing – - — and various problems – - – - i am asking the site for details – - – - will update when I get some details – - – - by maxkeiser GO TO www.silverkeiser.net NOW!
• The following data set is taken from the June, 2010 Bank for International Settlements [BIS], Semiannual OTC Derivatives Report and it is compared to other data from the U.S. Office of the Comptroller of the Currency’s, June, 2010 Quarterly Report on Bank Derivatives Activities. by maxkeiser READ Something’s Wrong in the Silver Pit: But It’s Much Bigger than J.P. Morgan @ silverseek.com
• While lacking the nuances of the firm’s Abacus insider trading scandal, in which the firm bet openly against clients, here the wager was even more sinister: in essence while making markets in names in which Goldman was often the only axe, it would subsequently, knowing full well which clients has how much protection on, take advantage of this information and create artificial squeezes in any direction it desired. by maxkeiser READ Goldman Implicated In CDS Price Manipulation Scandal @ zerohedge
• JP Morgan and HSBC are lying to regulators. The implications for Silver are scary good. $500 Silver is coming . . .’ by maxkeiser from Rob Kirby of Kirby Analytics: ~snip~ GATA has identified and documented that Central Banks utilize precious metals derivatives, and in particular swaps, as a primary method by with Central Banks rig metal prices. In the presence of EXTREME money printing, it’s understandable why Central Banks and governments would want to suppress the price of gold [and silver] and be less than transparent about their nefarious activity in this regard. Knowledge and detail regarding these activities could undermine a nations’ currency, their credit rating and thus their ability to service their sovereign debt. ~snip~ and more at link!
• “Some Questions To Consider” Ron Paul Defends WikiLeaks “Killing The Messenger For Bad News” by maxkeiser
• Max Keiser: Global financial crisis – PTV, 05 Dec. 2010 1 of 6 by maxkeiser
• KEISER REPORT [KR102] Keiser Report – Markets! Finance! Dangerous Bankers!
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS -  The Truth About Markets – 04 December 2010
• ON THE EDGE [OTE86] On the Edge with Paul Craig Roberts
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• James Bovard Dec 9, 2010: James Bovard, author of Attention Deficit Democracy, discusses the Obama administration’s claim that they have the right to kill American citizens without a trial, without notice, and without any chance for targets to legally object; the unfortunate American tendency toward blind deference to the law even (and especially) when it is unjust; how George W. Bush was given a GOP standing ovation as a reward for trashing the Constitution; and why the WikiLeaks issue is an excellent yardstick for measuring a person’s dedication to freedom and individual liberty. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 20:01
• Gareth Porter Dec 10, 2010: Gareth Porter, independent historian and journalist for IPS News, discusses the dominant (and false) narrative of MSM coverage of WikiLeaks‘ Cablegate; why a US war with Iran is not justified simply because some Arab rulers (in complete opposition to their citizens) say they are threatened by Iran’s nuclear program; how the New York Times dutifully and predictably spins the news to promote the US government’s agenda; why King Abdullah’s line on “cutting off the head” of the Iranian snake is probably nothing more than sycophantic bluster; the deep concerns of other Gulf state leaders on military action against Iran; and why US-Iran talks are certainly doomed (if they weren’t already) in this environment. HERE (mp3) 17:34
• Charles Goyette Dec 10, 2010: Charles Goyette, former Antiwar Radio co-contributor and author of The Dollar Meltdown : Surviving the Impending Currency Crisis with Gold, Oil, and Other Unconventional Investments, discusses Ben Bernanke’s 60 Minutes interview where he declares (with lip-quivering certitude) a “100 percent confidence” the Fed can control inflation; how the Fed filled up on bad assets full of “mystery meat” in their quantitative easing program(s); Republican deficit reduction plans that will be decimated from even a minuscule increase in interest rates; the crisis in fiat money as most of the world’s currencies are debased relative to hard assets; and why Americans are still asleep at the switch while their government actively destroys the economy. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 37:57
• Robert Stinnett Dec 10, 2010: Robert Stinnett, author of Day of Deceit: The Truth about FDR and Pearl Harbor, discusses how FDR provoked and allowed the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor in order to rally the American people to support US entry in WWII; the provocative McCollum memo that proposed an 8-part strategy to isolate and weaken Japan; new evidence that shows Admiral Kimmel was indeed privy to FDR’s plans; and how – despite what some skeptics say – the Japanese naval and diplomatic codes were broken before the Pearl Harbor attack. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 19:45
More interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Rep. Paul Ryan, (R) Wisconsin
• Rep. Chris Van Hollen, (D) Maryland
• Stephen Breyer, US Supreme Court Justice
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml