Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below!
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Solstice 2010 NOW is the time to reflect on the year past and plan for the coming year ahead. Exit Strategy anyone? The headlines below are but a snapshot of what happened JUST THIS WEEK but all are part of much larger stories. (Focus on COLEEN ROWLEY and GLENN GREENWALD this week.) The 112th Congress is going to be decidedly bat-shit crazy and the best we can hope for is stasis and gridlock. The Brick TeeVee Crew wishes everybody a Merry Solstice! We can't wait for the 2011 Year of the METAL WABBIT! According to Chinese tradition, the Rabbit brings a year in which you can catch your breath and calm your nerves. It is a time for negotiation. Don't try to force issues, because if you do you will ultimately fail. To gain the greatest benefits from this time, focus on home, family, security, diplomacy, and your relationships with women and children. Make it a goal to create a safe, peaceful lifestyle, so you will be able to calmly deal with any problem that may arise. Peace.
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
»»» Senator Bernie Sanders @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Bernie Sanders Denounces Obama-GOP Tax Cut in 8.5-Hour Senate Speech, Says U.S. Becoming "Banana Republic"
»»» David Cay Johnston @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW "The Worse Off You Are, Your Taxes Increase": Journalist David Cay Johnston Slams Obama-GOP Tax Deal
»»» John Pilger @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW John Pilger: Global Support for WikiLeaks is "Rebellion" Against U.S. Militarism, Secrecy RELATED: John Pilger & The Nation's Jermy ScahillRichard Holbrooke Dies at 69: Remembering Veteran Diplomat’s Overlooked Record in East Timor, Iraq and the Balkans
»»» Glenn Greenwald @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW As WikiLeaks’ Assange Freed on Bail, Alleged Military Leaker Bradley Manning Imprisoned under Inhumane Conditions RELATED: The inhumane conditions of Bradley Manning's detention @ Salon.com
»»» FDA & drug testing @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Deadly Medicine: FDA Fails to Regulate Rapidly Growing Industry of Overseas Drug Testing
»»» Dr. Sidney Wolfe, director of Public Citizen’s Health Research Group @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Study: Pharmaceutical Drug Companies Top Military Industry in Defrauding U.S. Gov’t See citizen.org/hrg
»»» Nigeria Pfizer drug tests @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW WikiLeaks Cables: Pfizer Targeted Nigerian Attorney General to Undermine Suit over Fatal Drug Tests
»»» Julian Assange @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW WikiLeaks Founder Julian Assange Vows to Resume Whistleblowing After Release from London Jail
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW @ GRITtv WATCH Raj Patel & David Kirby: Fixing Food Policy
»»» The "F" Word @ GRITtv WATCH Forgetting Bradley Manning See CourageToResist.org: Support the troops who refuse to fight.
»»» Desiree Pilgrim-Hunter & Amanda Devecka-Rinear of National People's Action @ GRITtv WATCH Fighting Foreclosures: It Starts On Wall Street
»»» Senator Bernie Sanders @ GRITtv WATCH Bernie Sanders: Get Out There and Fight
»»» NBA on TNT THURSDAY DOUBLEHEADER! Spurs @ Magic 8 pm et then Heat @ Suns 10:30 pm et
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,430 US Military Dead as of Dec 10, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 1,426 US Military Dead as of Dec 10, 2010
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. Tapper explains that as a host, you can only do so much fact-checking during the interview.
• Senate Foreign Relations Chairman John Kerry
• ranking Republican Senator Richard Lugar
• USAID Administrator Rajiv Shah.
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, Democratic political strategist Donna Brazile, Reuters Editor at Large Chrystia Freeland and Rajiv Chandrasekaran of the Washington Post
• And Amanpour takes a special look back at her time covering Ambassador Richard Holbrooke.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., Armed Services Committee Member
• Sen. Carl Levin, D-Mich, Armed Services Committee Chair
• Sen. Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn.
• Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Alabama
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• SPECIAL NOTE - A full-length 60 MINUTES program has been prepared, but due to live CBS Television Network programming before and after Sunday's broadcast, whether time will allow a whole hour cannot be determined until Sunday night. Both programs will contain the following two-part story:
• ENDLESS MEMORY - Lesley Stahl reports on the recently discovered phenomenon of "superior autobiographical memory," the ability to recall nearly every day of one's life. Stahl interviews the handful of individuals known to possess the skill, which scientists are only now beginning to study. Shari Finkelstein is the producer. THIS IS A DOUBLE-LENGTH SEGMENT.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish.
• Vice President Joe Biden
• ROUNDTABLE: the Mayor of Newark, New Jersey, Cory Booker (D); Republican Strategist and Founding Leader of No Labels, an organization devoted to decreasing hyperpartisanship, Mark McKinnon; NBC News Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent Andrea Mitchell; and the Host of msnbc’s "Morning Joe", Joe Scarborough.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Republican Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell
• former Ambassador Zalmay Khalilzad
• former CENTCOM commander Adm. William Fallon (Ret.)
• former Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Richard Myers (Ret.)
• A.B. Stoddard from The Hill Newspaper and Matt Bai from The New York Times.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
Talkers’ Magazine : Bob Kincaid one of The Frontier Fifty!!!
• PRAYER MEETIN' WEDNESDAY!!! Hug your subwoofer of reason!! Listen HERE (mp3)! Amen to White Rose Society for the podcasts! Head On Radio needs our help, too! Donate HERE!
- NEW! GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - December 16, 2010 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Make way for the "grolar" bear; Bad week for BP: the Obama Administration finally sues, while BP also gets the Wikileaks treatment ...PLUS: Surprise! Leaked email reveals Fox "News" slants climate science! Who knew?! ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too. BRADCAST SPECIAL! Brad hosted the Mike Malloy Show Friday! See Tonight: FBI 9/11 Whistleblower Coleen Rowley on WikiLeaks, Secrets & Lies... for all three hours of audio! Colleen Rowley is most of Hour 1 and the first part of Hour 2.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Podcast 201 “More Partisanship, Please!!” Dems Reject Obama Tax Deal, Sanders Filibusters!! Rev. Ray Dubuque talks about his new(est) website, MorePartisanshipPlease.org, as we listen to Sen. Bernie Sanders filibuster the stinky Obama-GOP tax deal.
• PBC Podcast 202 An Honest Look at Holbrooke; Senate Considering START Treaty; Durst’s Top 10 of ’10 Stephen Zunes, Professor of Politics and Chair of Mid East Studies at University of San Francisco on Holbrooke, and Pelosi’s hawkish Mid East positions; Ira Lechner, chair of Council for a Livable World, on the START treaty; Will Durst names his Top 10 comedic stories of 2010.
More podcasts at PeterBCollins.com!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and David Bender
Ring of Fire is now syndicated by Westwood One. Stay tuned for more info.
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, David Bender - Politics, Commentary, and News.
READ A Message from David Bender.
This Week on Ring of Fire Radio! December 17th, 2010
• Stepping into the Ring of Fire this week: Congressman Alan Grayson will tell us about the closing days of the Democratic Congress and give us a forecast of what lies ahead when the GOP takes control in January.
• The legendary Dick Cavett will be here to share the amazing stories from his new book, “Talk Show,” including behind-the scenes tales about everyone from Groucho Marx to John Lennon (Lennon & Marx?).
• Author Jeff Goodell will be joining us to discuss how Massey Coal CEO Don Blankenship rose to power and quickly became one of the worst environmental polluters and union busters in America.
• Author Ted Rall will tell us what lies in store for the American empire now that the fascists have almost completely taken over.
• A special note: As David Bender announced on last week’s show, he has decided to leave Ring of Fire at the end of the year in order to work on several new projects, including a book and a documentary film. This week we’ll be announcing our newest torch-bearer in the Ring of Fire – and you won’t want to miss the big news! (HINT: His name begins with Sam Seder! Check out his LIVE weekday podcast 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm! -Ed.)
• You Can Listen to Ring of Fire on These Stations HERE.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Inheritance Babies Only Ones to Benefit from Tax Cut Mike Papantonio and Ed Schultz discuss the real winners of Obama’s tax compromise – The wealthy “inheritance babies.”
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Sarah Palin – America’s New Queen Of Crazy Sarah Palin said that the tax compromise was “lousy.” Does this mean that she doesn’t want millionaires to pay less in taxes? Absolutely not. What it means is that she’s upset that working class Americans are getting anything at all out of the deal. If she had her way, the GOP would have waited until their majorities came into Congress and pushed a tax deal that only benefited the top 1% of Americans. Mike Papantonio exposes Palin’s motives on The Ed Show.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge cosrporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• Welcome to The SilverKeiser.Net “The Official Silver Keiser Pre-Order Sales are Here While Supplies Last!” – - – - – - i’m getting lots of negative feedback on the site —- with orders not processing – - — and various problems – - – - i am asking the site for details – - – - will update when I get some details – - – - by maxkeiser GO TO www.silverkeiser.net NOW!
• “Within a few hours, the wall didn’t exist.” by maxkeiser READ Exclusive: US empire could collapse at any time, Pulitzer winner tells Raw Story @ RawStory
• VIDEO! New Wikileaks documentary by maxkeiser
• VIDEO! JP Morgan’s analysis of which newspapers to buy to define the news – and the creation of the Council of Foreign Relations (CFR) by maxkeiser
• VIDEO! I love the smell of burnt naked shorts in the morning, starring Mr. Bill and guest appearances by Max and Stacy (****) by maxkeiser
• Assange to BoA customers, ‘put your money somewhere safer.’ Given the fact that Assange is rumored to be releasing BoA franchise-killing documents I urge all to take his advice. by maxkeiser READ After BofA Escalates, Refuses To Process Wikileaks’ Payments, Wiki Retaliates, Advises Americans To Put Their Money “Somewhere Safer” MK: This is the third big ‘pull your money’ call in the last two years. We had the ‘move your money’ campaign by Huffington, the ‘run on the banks’ call by Eric Cantona and now the ‘BoA is about to get Wiki’d’ call from Assange. Let me reiterate something . . . Yes, of course, take out your money but you must then put it somewhere that will keep in permanently out of the banking system. There is really only one choice at this point: phyical silver held in a vault (or vaulting service, or an ETF other than SLV). I say Silver instead of Gold because the market for Silver is teeny (only 15 bn. is available) so by coordinating our efforts, we can all get stinkin rich at the expense of the corrupt bankers.
• Ellen Brown: “The shell game would have been exposed for all to see, if the Federal Reserve had not stepped in and played its ‘lender of last resort’ card.” by maxkeiser READ Central Banking 101: What the Fed Can Do as “Lender of Last Resort” @ HuffPo
• Max Keiser: Global financial crisis – PTV, 05 Dec. 2010 1 of 6 by maxkeiser
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report: Markets! Finance! Bleeping Bankers! (E104) See creditwritedowns.com
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS -  The Truth About Markets – 04 December 2010
• ON THE EDGE On the Edge with Max Kaiser-Latest on Global Financial Crisis-12-10-2010-(Part1)
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Coleen Rowley Dec 17, 2010: Coleen Rowley, retired FBI agent and 9/11 whistleblower, discusses her work as Chief Division Counsel at the Minneapolis FBI office; how FBI headquarters acted criminally negligent in preventing agents from properly investigating Zacarias Moussaoui before 9/11; how sloppy FISA legislation created a wall within and between intelligence agencies; why government transparency benefits the public far more than excessive secrecy; and the deeply flawed Whistleblower Protection Act that fails to cover employees of the 16 US intelligence agencies. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 27:49
• Mike Gogulski Dec 17, 2010: Mike Gogulski, founder of the Bradley Manning Support Network, discusses the false rumor of Bradley Manning’s suicide; why the Cablegate documents look like dispatches to an emperor; the shortcoming in fundraising for Manning’s legal defense (due in part to WikiLeaks’ unfulfilled pledge); and fighting back against VISA, MasterCard, Amazon.com and other WikiLeaks suppressors through boycotts and cyber attacks. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 19:50
• Anthony Gregory Dec 17, 2010: Anthony Gregory, Editor in Chief of Campaign for Liberty, discusses the partisan hypocrisy of Leftists who support Obama even though his presidency could just as well be Bush’s third term; the decimated ranks of activists opposed to the government’s “war on terror” premise; and how, every so often, someone takes the red pill and discovers the false paradigm of Republican/Democrat politics. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 17:38
• Rob Prince Dec 17, 2010: Rob Prince, publisher of the Colorado Progressive Jewish News and lecturer at the University of Denver’s Josef Korbel School of International Studies, discusses the WikiLeaks Cablegate document that shows the Bush administration twisted Ethiopia’s arm to invade Somalia; how former Under Secretary of State for Africa Jendayi Frazer threw Ethiopia under the bus when the invasion turned sour; how the US used Ethiopia as a proxy army against the Union of Islamic Courts (presumably hated because of their name) while US forces were bogged down in Iraq and Afghanistan; why Condi Rice’s ignorance of world affairs (partly excepting Russia) is typical of American statesmen; how a respectable performance in Afghanistan could transform NATO into a worldwide police force; and the US search for a military foothold in Africa – preferably near the continent’s abundant mineral and energy resources. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 26:53
More interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Sen. Dick Durbin, (D) Illinois / Majority Whip
• Sen. Jon Kyl, (R) Arizona / Minority Whip
• Gov. Bob McDonnell, (R) Virginia
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml