Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below!
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
CABLE-GATE Julian Assange, founder of wikileaks, is somewhere in the UK (according to his attorney - see DN! below) and is laying low due to death threats. The previous two wikileaks releases on Iraq and Afghanistan did not garner anywhere NEAR the attention and the ensuing worldwide "manhunt" plus all the death threats from all sorts of government pols. Why is that? Glenn Greenwald tries to explain in WikiLeaks reveals more than just government secrets: The WikiLeaks disclosure has revealed not only numerous government secrets, but also the driving mentality of major factions in our political and media class. Simply put, there are few countries in the world with citizenries and especially media outlets more devoted to serving, protecting and venerating government authorities than the U.S. ... That Assange should be treated as a "traitor" and murdered with no due process has been strongly suggested if not outright urged by the likes of Marc Thiessen, Seth Lipsky (with Jeffrey Goldberg posting Lipsky's column and also illiterately accusing Assange of "treason"), Jonah Goldberg, Rep. Pete King, and, today, The Wall Street Journal. The way in which so many political commentators so routinely and casually call for the eradication of human beings without a shred of due process is nothing short of demented. ... It's one thing for the Government to shield its conduct from public disclosure, but it's another thing entirely for the U.S. media to be active participants in that concealment effort. ... Nonetheless, our government and political culture is so far toward the extreme pole of excessive, improper secrecy that that is clearly the far more significant threat. And few organizations besides WikiLeaks are doing anything to subvert that regime of secrecy, and none is close to its efficacy. It's staggering to watch anyone walk around acting as though the real threat is from excessive disclosures when the impenetrable, always-growing Wall of Secrecy is what has enabled virtually every abuse and transgression of the U.S. government over the last two decades at least. Also in Greenwald's analysis is a video of NYT's Executive Editor BILL KELLER who "was denied access to the documents by WikiLeaks this time but received them from The Guardian." and actually asked the WH what parts they were okay'd to publish! Can you say "LAP DOG"? Even crazier, an email from the U.S. State Dept. was allegedly sent to students at the School of International and Public Affairs at Columbia University which it now denies (CBS News). And TPMMuckraker reports White House Tells All Federal Agencies To Prohibit Unauthorized Employees From Wikileaks Site. Hullabaloo's digby in Unhooking The Networks points to Julian Assange and the Computer Conspiracy; “To destroy this invisible government” by zunguzungu who ferrets out this gem: But Assange is not trying to produce a journalistic scandal which will then provoke red-faced government reforms or something, precisely because no one is all that scandalized by such things any more. Instead, he is trying to strangle the links that make the conspiracy possible, to expose the necessary porousness of the American state’s conspiratorial network in hopes that the security state will then try to shrink its computational network in response, thereby making itself dumber and slower and smaller. And it seems with Cable-gate Assange has certainly hit a BIG nerve of this "conspiracy". Here are a few more items you MUST check out: WikiLeaks Honduras: State Dept. Busted on Support of Coup @ HuffPo; Bolivia: WikiLeaks documents confirm that US spied on Bolivia@ earthtimes.org; Why WikiLeaks Is Good for Democracy by: Bill Quigley, t r u t h o u t | Op-ed. Do your own research at Guardian UK The US Embassy Cables. As of this writing you can find it all at wikileaks.ch on a server in Switzerland after Amazon.com stops hosting WikiLeaks on its servers (WaPo). Once again, WHY the HUGE and VIOLENT ordeal over THESE leaks? Hmmmm? Catch GENERAL WESLEY CLARK supporting 'DADT' on This Anampour and direct bricks at maximum neolib Tri Lateral Commission founder ZBIGNEW BRZENINSKI on the Roundtable. DICK DURBIN tells JON KYL "you hate poor people" on Face the Bob while Meet the David hosts the dynamic duo JOHN KERRY and uber-regressive MITCH "DEFEAT THE PRESIDENT" MCCONNELL. State of the Candy gets CHARLIE "Where's my General" RANGEL after his unprecedented House Censure. PLEASE SEE BTV ALERTS and all our regular features for more wikileaks info! PLEASE POST any stories you find about Cable-Gate below! This wikileak release is causing unprecedented fervor and information is coming in by the minute. With your help we can make this thread the go-to spot as this story unfolds. Kudos to The Brick TeeVee Crew for getting this much info packed in on the MAJOR NERVE wikileaks has hit. We thank you in advance for posting related info below as it surely will come in during the week.
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
FULL COVERAGE of the Deepwater Horizon Gulf of Mexico CATASTROPHE at BP Oil Spill
»»» Noam Chomsky @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Noam Chomsky: WikiLeaks Cables Reveal "Profound Hatred for Democracy on the Part of Our Political Leadership"
»»» Scott Horton @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW WikiLeaks Cables Reveal U.S. Tried to Thwart Spanish Probes of Gitmo Torture and CIA Rendition
»»» Juan Méndez, the new U.N. Special Rapporteur @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW U.N. Special Rapporteur Juan Méndez: Instead of Focusing on Assange, U.S. Should Address WikiLeaks’ Disclosures of Torture
»»» Assange’s attorney in London, Jennifer Robinson @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Attorney Confirms WikiLeaks Founder Julian Assange in Britain, Responds to U.S. Attacks
»»» Jeremy Scahill @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Jeremy Scahill: WikiLeaks Cables Confirm Secret U.S. War Ops in Pakistan RELATED: The (Not So) Secret (Anymore) US War in Pakistan @ The Nation
»»» Glenn Greenwald & Steven Aftergood @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Is WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange a Hero? Glenn Greenwald Debates Steven Aftergood of Secrecy News Broadcasting from Buenos Aires.
»»» Josh Silver of Free Press @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Abandoning "Net Neutrality," FCC Chair Backs Two-Tiered Internet Fees
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW @ GRITtv WATCH Jenn Pozner & Anna McCarthy: Talking Television
»»» Chris Lehmann & Thomas Frank @ GRITtv WATCH Chris Lehmann & Thomas Frank: Rich People Things
»»» Ann Wright, Retired United States Army Colonel and former State Department official @ GRITtv WATCH Ann Wright: WikiLeaks and Accountability
»»» NBA on TNT THURSDAY DOUBLEHEADER! Celtics @ Sixers 8 pm et then Magic @ Trailblazers 10:30 pm et
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,429 US Military Dead as of Dec 2, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 1,415 US Military Dead as of Dec 2, 2010
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. Tapper explains that as a host, you can only do so much fact-checking during the interview.
• 'Don't Ask Don't Tell' debate
• Former NATO Supreme Allied Commander Wesley Clark
• Lt. Col. (ret.) Bob Maginnis
• R. Clarke Cooper, Executive Director of the Log Cabin Republicans
• Tammy Schultz, Director of National Security and Joint Warfare at the Marine Corps War College
• ROUNDTABLE: former National Security Adviser Zbigniew Brzezinski, former ambassador to the United Nations and Afghanistan Zalmay Khalilzad, Sakena Yacoobi of the Afghan institute of Learning and George Will
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Sen. Richard Durbin, Democratic Whip, D-Ill.
• Sen. Jon Kyl, Republican Whip, R-Ariz.
• Nancy Cordes, CBS News Congressional Correspondent
• Jim VandeHei, Executive Editor, Politico
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• THE CHAIRMAN - The chairman of the Federal Reserve Ben Bernanke gives a rare interview to Scott Pelley in which he discusses pressing economic issues, including the unemployment rate, the deficit and the Fed's controversial $600 billion U.S. Treasury Bill purchase. Henry Schuster is the producer.
• FACEBOOK - Mark Zuckerberg, the 26-yr.-old founder and CEO of mega-social media site Facebook, talks to Lesley Stahl about his life and his business, now worth an estimated $35 billion. Shachar Bar-On is the producer. THIS IS A DOUBLE-LENGTH SEGMENT.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish.
• Republican Leader of the Senate Mitch McConnell (R-KY)
• Democratic Senator John Kerry (D-MA).
• ROUNDTABLE: New York Times columnists David Brooks and Tom Friedman, plus BBC World News America’s Washington Correspondent Katty Kay and Republican Strategist Mike Murphy.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Democratic Senator Ron Wyden
• Republican Senator Orrin Hatch
• New York Rep. Charlie Rangel
• Foreign Relations Committee Senator Dick Lugar of Indiana
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
Talkers’ Magazine : Bob Kincaid one of The Frontier Fifty!!!
• MORAN MONDAY!!! Bob takes requests for the Moran of the Week! Listen HERE (mp3)! Amen to White Rose Society for the podcasts! Head On Radio needs our help, too! Donate HERE!
- NEW! GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - December 3, 2010 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Happy birthday, EPA! Now die! (Same to you, FDA!); Huge food safety overhaul passes in the Senate (maybe); Updates from the international climate summit in Cancun ...PLUS: USA's 'Sputnik Moment' --- Losing the race for clean energy ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Podcast 197 TSA’s Gropefest, DeLay’s Conviction, More from WikiLeaks Kate Hanni on new TSA airport tactics; Jason Leopold on the conviction of former Rep. Tom DeLay for money laundering, and on the new disclosures from WikiLeaks; and author Steve Hendricks returns to talk about rendition and the WikiLeaks revelations.
• PBC Podcast 198 Gitmo Morass Deepens; WikiLeaks Reveals Ugly Dealmaking to Find Homes for ex-Detainees; Truthout Exposes Mass Druggings of Gitmo Prisoners The Guantanamo malignancy spreads: Journalist Andy Worthington returns, joined by Asim Qureshi of Cageprisoners; Jason Leopold of Truthout reports Gitmo prisoners were all given huge doses of unneeded drug with major side effects. RELATED: EXCLUSIVE: Controversial Drug Given to All Guantanamo Detainees Akin to "Pharmacologic Waterboarding" @ truth-out.org
More podcasts at PeterBCollins.com!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and David Bender
Ring of Fire is now syndicated by Westwood One. Stay tuned for more info.
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, David Bender - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire Radio! December 3rd, 2010
• Stepping into the Ring of Fire this week: Richard Wolffe returns to the Ring for the second part of our discussion of Barack Obama’s presidency, a subject he knows better than almost any journalist given his extraordinary access to the President and his team.
• Steve Clemons from the New America Foundation will be joining us to discuss President Obama’s foreign policy objectives, as well as give us some insight into the Wikileaks controversy making headlines.
• We’ll speak with Lee Fang from Think Progress about how the US Supreme Court is in bed with some of the creepiest and most extreme right wing organizations in America.
• Investigative journalist Rick Outzen will tell us how Congress failed to authorize the funds that could have helped prevent the BP oil spill disaster that poisoned the Gulf of Mexico.
• And political satirist Matt Filipowicz will be here to talk about how the media is attempting to humanize Republican monsters, and try to make us feel sympathy and compassion for the people who helped destroy our country.
• You Can Listen to Ring of Fire on These Stations HERE.
• VIDEO! The Fight to Rebuild the Democratic Party and Reshape American Politics During the 2004 primary season, Howard Dean put together a grassroots movement that forever changed American politics. This strategy was used by the Democrats to make huge gains in both the 2006 and 2008 elections. But just days after Barack Obama won the presidential election, this grassroots movement was disbanded and disowned by the Democratic Party, and the coalition of activists that had helped put the party in power were now being kicked out. Mike Papantonio talks with Ari Berman, author of the new book “Herding Donkeys,” who says that the Democrats will not be able to win again if they don’t embrace the movement that Dean created.
• VIDEO! The Pap Attack: A Psychiatric Evaluation of Obama Obama did not grow up wearing expensive tailored suits, playing golf, with a pass into every ultra-exclusive social club on the planet. There was a day when he walked around in tattered jeans without enough money to pay a cab fare. What most of us missed in our hopes about our Obama mirage was that once he made it into those exclusive clubs, he would close the door behind him and never look back.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge cosrporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• CRASH JP MORGAN BUY SILVER by maxkeiser Silver is up 9% since Alex launched the “Crash JP Morgan Buy Silver” google-bomb on 11/11/10 (that’s a greater than 100% annualized rate of return) – and the world is waking up to how they can transfer back hundreds of billions stolen from them – by the bankers – back to their pockets. Simply swap your slave currencies like the Dollar, Pound, Euro, Yen, into silver and you will help tear down the financial terrorists while watching your own net worth skyrocket. If we all do it, we all win.
• JPMorgan sued for aiding and abetting Madoff’s fraud by maxkeiser READ JPMorgan Sued for $6.4 Billion Over Madoff Fraud @ bloomberg.com
• Today, Keiser goes mainstream, detailing his thoughts in The Guardian, which courtesy of its massive circulation is sure to reach far more readers to whom this idea is new by maxkeiser READ Max Keiser’s Plan To Destroy JP Morgan Goes Mainstream, After The Guardian Posts His “Silver Squeeze” Thoughts @ zerohedge
• Maxonomics 101: The 3 ‘flations.’ by maxkeiser READ U.S. Economy: Payroll Gains Trail Forecasts; Unemployment Rises @ bloomberg.com. In keeping with my ongoing series on Maxonomics – the above headline is another example of the Fed seeing ‘deflation’ and job loss as an excuse to flood the economy with cash and credit via the banking system – that channels that liquidity to their top clients who buy assets (PM’s, stocks, bonds, commodities) as part of their parallel inflationary universe. Since the price of energy and food are dragged up along with PM’s, stocks, bonds and commodities, the bottom 99% suffer the stagflation of rising food and energy without any rise in wages or return on their pensions – due to the constant debasing of the Dollar due to the perpetual increase in money supply – that is getting vacuumed up by the top 1% who buy assets with it. This is the ongoing saga of the 3 flations. If you’re in the top 1% you see inflation. If you are in the bottom 99% you see stagflation and if you are an Ivy League schooled economist (Bernanke) whose school is endowed by the top 1% you blindly see deflation – and hit the print button all day.
• VIDEO OF THE WEEK!! Crash JP Morgan Buy Silver (or the cruel and tragic death of a vampire squid) by maxkeiser JP Morgan Silver Manipulation Explained short video!
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report: Centurion Nails Bankster’s Coffin
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS -  The Truth About Markets – 04 December 2010
• ON THE EDGE [OTE85] On the Edge with Greg Hunter
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• David Swanson Nov 27, 2010: David Swanson, author of War is a Lie, discusses the lies routinely made before, during and after a war; how FDR provoked and allowed the Pearl Harbor attack out of desperation to get the US into WWII; the contradictory narratives required to convince both the Left and the Right a particular war is worth fighting; how continued popular reverence for military service keeps the war machine going; why courage and valor are not commendable attributes when used for evil purposes; how private government and military deliberations on war never consider troop support but public appeals always do; and how Americans routinely underestimate the depravity of their imperial government. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 19:51
• Grant F. Smith, John Feffer and Anand Gopal Nov 28, 2010: This interview of Grant F. Smith, John Feffer and Anand Gopal is from the KPFK Los Angeles 90.7 FM broadcast of Friday, November 26. The unedited segment can be heard HERE (mp3) 54:20
• Gareth Porter Dec 2, 2010: Gareth Porter, independent historian and journalist for IPS News, discusses how WikiLeaks badly underestimated the mainstream media’s ability to filter out material damaging to government, the Russian debunking of the US theory that Iran got advanced ballistic missiles from N. Korea, the New York Times’ leading role in spreading anti-Iran propaganda and how omissions within the Pentagon’s Afghanistan progress report indicate the insurgency’s growing strength. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 18:02
• Philip Giraldi Dec 2, 2010: Former CIA officer Philip Giraldi discusses the theory that WikiLeaks is carrying out the agenda of a foreign power, the State Department engaging in CIA-style espionage, the US/Israeli 5-part plan for regime change in Iran and why Bradley Manning‘s (alleged) exposure of government-gone-wild is laudable but should be prosecuted. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 18:05
More interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Sen. Kent Conrad, (D) North Dakota
• Rep. Jeb Hensarling, (R) Texas
• Newt Gingrich, Former Speaker of the House / Fox News Contributor
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml