Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below!
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
BLACK SUNDAY SPECIAL Okay raise yer hand if you went to the local shopping mall last Friday at some unbelievably early hour to get "deals" on crap you don't need! If you read last week's missive you would have known to BUY SILVER & CRASH JPMORGAN instead of all that junk. Speaking of last week, did you miss PBC Podcast 194 The History of Imperialism, with Prof. Tony Hall? Well go listen NOW and then buy the book Earth into Property: Colonization, Decolonization, and Capitalism, also a great stocking stuffer! As an aid to our readers here's a nice list of Top Propagandists: Salon's Hack 30 We're listing the worst columnists and cable news commentators America has to offer. Think of this as our all-star team -- of the most predictable, dishonest and just plain stupid pundits in the media. Keep this handy going forward and tell yer friends, too! Know when you're being bamboozled by Corporate Media (see Tony Hall above on how it's happening). And speaking of BAMBOOZLEMENT we go to SCARECROW at FireDogLake.com for Et tu, Sheila Bair? For pity’s sake! How is it possible for a senior federal financial regulator to suggest that the US, with it’s own currency and ability to directly affect exchange rates, is like Ireland or Greece which lack either? And how can someone with a history of acknowledging the risks to consumers manage to write an entire column about phantom risks that might materialize if, at some point in the future, the US insanely behaved as though it were Ireland and Greece, while dismissing the very real immediate crisis we have of 15 million people unemployed with record numbers in poverty, foreclosure and without health insurance and the worst income inequality since the Gilded Age? Please go to the link to read the entirety of the FRAUD being played on the people that somehow Social Security is broke and needs FIXED NOW! It's all so much hogwash but to see one of the O!'s admin push this illogic is well... OH THAT'S RIGHT it's O!'s own Catfood Commission that has all those Petersen-Institute-types who've been working on trying to STEAL the SS $$ for decades! What were WE thinking? If you've never written yer Congresscritter, NOW would be an especially good time! In a related item scroll down to the Max Keiser section to see what MIKE SHEDLOCK has to say about the IMF's "austerity measures" in Ireland and Krugman's response. HINT: if the Catfood Commission gets its way those SAME "austerity measures" will begin in the U.S. That is: SOCIALIZE the TBTF Banks' losses and let them write MASSIVE bonus checks for the BILLIONS they defrauded the government! Going back to last week who listened to NICK TURSE on AntiWar Radio? Well go back and LISTEN already! Then read this from TOMDISPATCH: Tomgram: Nick Turse, Off-Base America : The strangest aspect of America’s global garrisons is that, while millions of Americans -- soldiers, spies, private contractors, Defense Department civilians, and civilian officials of every sort -- cycle through them each year, most Americans know next to nothing about them and could care less. By the way, surprising numbers of American journalists pass through them, too, and yet, looking for a little “kinetic action” out in our war zones, they almost never bother to focus on and report on these colossi of our imperial world. Yet, if you don’t pay attention to them, you know remarkably little about what our country actually means in, and to, the world. TomDispatch considers them an essential beat, and Associate Editor Nick Turse, who has only recently produced the single (must-read!) book available on how to actually get out of our war in Afghanistan -- The Case for Withdrawal from Afghanistan -- has been covering them for years at this site and it looks as if he, like the Globetrotters, has years to go. In journalistic terms, they are -- or should be -- the gift that just keeps giving. Twenty-First Century Blowback? As Prospects Dim in Iraq, the Pentagon Digs in Deeper Around the Middle East by Nick Turse. More Tom Engelhardt below in the AntiWar Radio section! Of course one of the most critical of U.S. Imperialism was Chalmers Johnson in writing his trilogy Blowback, Sorrow of Empire and Nemesis who passed last week-end. See Democracy Now below for a great interview. Our heartfelt condolences to his family. To read his last thoughts we urge you to get Dismantling the Empire : America's Last Best Hope On a happy note we find Hammer, Hammered: Jury convicts Tom DeLay in money laundering trial: DeLay has chosen to have Senior Judge Pat Priest sentence him. He faces five years to life in prison on the money laundering charge and two to 20 years on the conspiracy charge. He also would be eligible for probation. Also see MAX KEISER below who shows vids of RT Correspondent KAELYN FORDE getting arrested at the annual SCHOOL OF THE AMERICAS protest. yes a REPORTER who SHOULD be protected under the First Amendment was ARRESTED. Chilling. And the ACLU reports Passengers' Stories of Recent Travel The ACLU has received over 900 complaints from travelers in the United States about the TSA's new pat-downs, providing a unique vantage point on what is taking place at airports around the nation. What Police State? Your Best Bet for throwing bricks this week is THIS WEEK with BILL GATES and WARREN BUFFET who will make their case they're not being taxed ENOUGH (haha) while their corporations and hedge funds pay LITTLE or NO TAXES as they off-shore ALL their ill-gotten gains. Next you get a three-for-one with JOHN "Crazy Train" MCCAIN & The BU$H Bros. on State of the Candy. We hope you had a nice Turkey Day Weekend, stayed clear of the mass-consumption malls and spent time with your friends and family instead. If you don't have any family or friends then stop by the Brick TeeVee compound and have a beer and some excellent turkey soup! Or get out more! And have a great week!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
FULL COVERAGE of the Deepwater Horizon Gulf of Mexico CATASTROPHE at BP Oil Spill
»»» Chalmers Johnson, 1931-2010 @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Chalmers Johnson, 1931-2010, on the Last Days of the American Republic
»»» Joe Nocera @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Joe Nocera on "All the Devils Are Here: The Hidden History of the Financial Crisis"
»»» Wendell Potter @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW The Fear of Sicko: CIGNA Whistleblower Wendell Potter Apologizes to Michael Moore for PR Smear Campaign; Moore Says Industry Was Afraid Film Would Cause A 'Tipping Point' for Healthcare Reform Moore accepted his apology, but acknowledged to Potter that, “I think we both know this is much larger then what was done to me or in the movie.”
»»» John le Carré @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW British Novelist John le Carré on the Iraq War, Corporate Power, the Exploitation of Africa and His New Novel, "Our Kind of Traitor"
»»» Derrick Jensen @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Author and Activist Derrick Jensen: "The Dominant Culture is Killing the Planet...It’s Very Important for Us to Start to Build a Culture of Resistance"
»»» Manfred Max-Neef @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Chilean Economist Manfred Max-Neef on Barefoot Economics, Poverty and Why The U.S. is Becoming an "Underdeveloping Nation"
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW @ GRITtv WATCH Mark Bittman: Thinking About Food
»»» GRITtv's Danya Abt and Zac Halberd report from Ithica, NY @ GRITtv WATCH The Harvest: Farming Sustainably in New York
»»» Student Protests in London @ GRITtv WATCH Student Protests in London
»»» NBA on TNT THURSDAY DOUBLEHEADER! Heat @ CAVS 8 pm et then Suns @ Warriors 10:30 pm et
Offshore Drilling is Not The Answer: Restore the Moratorium
from Surfrider Foundation (h/t jen)
The tragic and devastating oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is a stark reminder that offshore oil drilling is not the answer.
The Deepwater Horizon rig that exploded and sank has spilled millions of gallons of oil into the ecologically rich waters in the Gulf of Mexico and continues to gush 210,000 gallons of oil into the sea every day. The spill remains unabated and now has the potential to become one of the worst environmental disasters in U.S. history. The unfolding catastrophe clearly illustrates that offshore drilling is not safe and new technology is not fool proof.
Tell the Obama Administration new drilling is NOT THE ANSWER. Our coasts and the economy they support cannot withstand anymore!
We are reminded why the 1969 oil spill in Santa Barbara and the 1989 Exxon Valdez oil spill led to state and federal moratoriums on offshore oil drilling. The tragedy in the Gulf of Mexico makes it clear that it is time once again time to restore those moratoriums.
GO HERE NOW!
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,428 US Military Dead as of Nov 26, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 1,404 US Military Dead as of Nov 26, 2010
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. Tapper explains that as a host, you can only do so much fact-checking during the interview.
• Berkshire-Hathaway Chairman and CEO Warren Buffett
• Microsoft founder and Chairman Bill Gates and his wife, Melinda Gates
• CNN founder Ted Turner
• hedge fund manager Tom Steyer
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Authors' roundtable with Ron Chernow, Arianna Huffington, Edmund Morris and Bob Woodward.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• GOOD COP, BAD COP - The Afghan National Police force is more important to the security of the country than the army, but despite improvements, there are still drug abuse and corruption problems within its ranks. CNN's Anderson Cooper reports. Keith Sharman is the producer
• JOHN PAUL STEVENS - Scott Pelley interviews Justice John Paul Stevens upon his retirement from the U.S. Supreme Court after 35 years. Jenny Dubin is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish.
• Democratic Whip Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL)
• Republican Whip Sen. Jon Kyl (R-AZ).
• ROUNDTABLE: The Washington Post's E.J. Dionne, Republican Strategist Ed Gillespie, The Wall Street Journal's Peggy Noonan, and Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Arizona Sen. John McCain
• Sen. Byron Dorgan
• Rep. David Obey
• former President George W. Bush and his brother, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush
• White House photographer Pete Souza
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
Talkers’ Magazine : Bob Kincaid one of The Frontier Fifty!!!
• PRAYER MEETIN' WEDNESDAY!!! Hug that Subwoofer of Reason with Shaman Bob! Listen HERE (mp3)! Amen to White Rose Society for the podcasts! Head On Radio needs our help, too! Donate HERE!
- NEW! GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - November 23, 2010 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: 29 coal miners still trapped in NZ; Summit to save the wild tiger; Inching forward in the UN international climate negotiations ...PLUS: Getting ready for Thanksgiving with relatives who are climate change skeptics? There's an app for that ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Podcast 195 CIA 2003 Kidnap Blunder in Milan; Hepatitis C Epidemic in Prisons Investigative journalist Steve Hendricks talks about his fascinating book, A Kidnapping in Milan: The CIA on Trial; economist and activist Theresa Hughes alerts us to the largely invisible but growing crisis of Hepatitis C
More podcasts at PeterBCollins.com!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and David Bender
Ring of Fire is now syndicated by Westwood One. Stay tuned for more info.
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, David Bender - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire Radio! November 26th, 2010
• Stepping into the Ring of Fire this week: Congressman Jerrold Nadler will be joining us to discuss the recent war crimes admissions of George W Bush, and he’ll tell us why he thinks we need to move forward with prosecutions.
• We’ll be taking a look at what the Tea Party is planning to do with itself now that they’ve actually got some of their own in Congress – Mother Jones’s investigative reporter Stephanie Mencimer warns us that they won’t be sitting quietly until the next election.
• Speaking of the Liptonites, GRITtv’s Laura Flanders stops by to talk about the new book she’s just edited: “At the Tea Party – The Wing Nuts, Whack Jobs and Whitey-Whiteness of the New Republican Right… And Why We Should Take It Seriously.”
• And Blogger David DeGraw will give us the inside scoop on the backdoor bailout that the Federal Reserve is giving corporate America, in the form of their second quantitative easing program.
• You Can Listen to Ring of Fire on These Stations HERE.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Tom DeLay – The Roach Killer is Convicted! Mike Papantonio and Ed Schultz discuss the breaking news about Tom DeLay being convicted for money laundering, and conspiracy to commit money laundering. Will he spend the rest of his life in prison?
• VIDEO! The Great American Stickup When you look at the root causes of our current financial disaster, they can all be traced back to the disastrous policies put in place by Ronald Reagan in his never-ending quest to appease Wall Street. But the truth is that since the day Reagan took office, we haven’t had an American president that was willing to stand up to the corrupt bankers on Wall Street, and each of Reagan’s predecessors has managed to grant every wish they made. Mike Papantonio discuss what has happened to our financial sector with Robert Scheer, author of the new book “The Great American Stickup: How Reagan Republicans and Clinton Democrats Enriched Wall Street While Mugging Main Street.”
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• PART 2 – Keiser/Maloney Buy Silver & Gold (And Crash JP Morgan!) – Over there at Place de la Concorde is where they cut off the aristocrats heads!!! Peak Silver!? by maxkeiser Excellent video! Go watch! RELATED: Gerald Celente: 'Max Keiser is why you can’t find Silver to buy'
• Welcome to Gulag-Casino American Style! by maxkeiser THREE videos with RT Correspondent Kaelyn Forde talking about her being arrested at the annual protest at the School of the Americas in Fort Benning, GA! Absolutely STUNNING!
• UK military weighs in against wikileaks by maxkeiser Hi guys, A very troubling issue has come up. The UK military have issued a D notice to news editors that leaked info from wikileaks should not be published. This means that the info will go around the blogs. At the same time Nominet which runs .uk domains is letting the police remove 'illegal' domains from the net. Today, one of the most respected bloggers on the UK scene http://order-order.com/ has advised bloggers to use hosts outside the UK and not use .uk domain. Here is the Nominet briefing: http://www.nominet.org.uk/digitalAssets/45676_Dealing-with-domains-associated-with-criminal-activity.pdf I think this may be used as a pretext to close down some political blogs. I am the economy editor of a new site www.newsnetscotland.com and we are very concerned about this. Can you please warn people. I'm sure Alex at inforwars would be interested in this development too.
• After Ireland was finally forced this week to ask for financial help from the European Union and International Monetary Fund, Barclays analysts now say it is possible that a similar fate could await Spain by maxkeiser READ Spain could be forced to seek a bail-out within months, warns Barclays @ Telegraph UK
• Mike Shedlock: In one of his longest pieces that I remember, Paul Krugman makes the case Ireland is getting screwed. Please consider ‘Eating the Irish’ by maxkeiser READ In Rare Agreement with Krugman; Onerous “Bailout” Rates of 6.7% Denied; Don’t do Stupid Things; “Tell the EU and IMF to Shove It!” @ GlobalEconomicAnalysis
• Guest Post – The Giant Cover Up by Michael Krieger "An end to “banking as we know it” is fine with us. The “banking” in today’s Western economies is simply a monopoly-distribution point for the dissemination of fiat currency. Central banks have got to distribute money through banks because the alternative – simply distributing it to people – would reveal the scam for what it is. By filtering the money-printed-from-nothing through banks, the process retains a mysterious quality. It is also rendered more complex, which is necessary when one is promoting a Ponzi scheme. Finally, bank distribution allows for a debt add-on that further controls the process. The situation is incredibly destructive, ruinous and benefits, essentially, on a very people who are the most direct beneficiaries of central bank funding stream." – The Daily Bell, Staff Report [Read more...]
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report №98: Markets! Finance! Scandal!
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS - no new broadcasts
• ON THE EDGE On the Edge with Max Keiser – California Dreaming
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Tom Engelhardt Nov 22, 2010: Tom Engelhardt, author of The American Way of War: How Bush’s Wars Became Obama’s, discusses the legacy of Blowback author Chalmers Johnson who died November 20, how Johnson changed from a self-described “spear carrier for empire” to a sharp and authoritative critic of US foreign policy, learning from Blowback that covert ops have real consequences even if Americans don’t realize what is being done in their names, how positive initial book reviews of The Sorrows of Empire somehow failed to mention the US empire of bases (which is the central focus of book), how Johnson spent the last few months of his life thinking about dismantling the US empire and wondering what a bankrupt superpower would look like and why Americans are facing a stark choice: either give up your empire or live under it. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 18:38
• Grant F. Smith Nov 24, 2010: Grant F. Smith, director of the Institute for Research: Middle Eastern Policy in Washington, D.C., discusses Steve Rosen’s $20 million defamation lawsuit against AIPAC, a reminder that the whole Larry Franklin/Rosen/AIPAC cloak and dagger operation was to determine (and front-run) the Bush administration’s internal deliberations on Iran policy, how Rosen’s frenzied rush to warn Israel’s embassy about his FBI encounter shows where AIPAC’s loyalties are and why all the pretrial mudslinging is probably a fight for leverage in an eventual out-of-court settlement that will leave AIPAC unscathed – apart from its declining financial fortunes.. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 19:50
• Becky Akers Nov 24, 2010: Becky Akers, columnist at Lewrockwell.com, discusses the Transportation Security Administration’s dual purpose: to give air travelers a good show of security theater and to inure Americans to a police state, why engaging in protest is the only good reason left to visit an airport, the superficial proposals to “privatize” TSA screeners without changing their operating methods and why it isn’t possible to prevent terrorism in a free society (but the threat can be decreased with a peaceful foreign policy). LISTEN HERE (mp3) 19:44
• Charles K. Armstrong Nov 25, 2010: Charles K. Armstrong, Professor of Korean Studies at Columbia University, discusses the heavily militarized Korean DMZ and disputed borders that make North/South conflicts unavoidable; how the N. Korean bombardment was a response (justified or not) to provocative S. Korean war games; how US interference – including a significant military presence in the South – hobbles reunification talks; Seoul’s risk of annihilation by an artillery barrage from the North and why N. Korean dictator Kim Jong-il is not nearly as crazy as Western media would have us believe. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 9:32
More interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-SC
• Sen. Claire McCaskill, D-MO.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml