Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below!
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
DEATHLY HALLOWS Well just NEVER MIND about TORTURE and WAR CRIMES. That was LAST WEEK. The White House Limo gets Secretary of State HILLARY CLINTON and swings by the Pentagon to get Joint Chief MIKE MULLEN, the former on Face the Bob, Meet the David and FAKE SNOOZE and the latter on This Amanpout & State of the Candy, no doubt to explain how the U.S. is "winning hearts and minds" in Afghanistan. State of Candy also rounds up TSA biggie John Pistole, the "Administrator of the Transportation Security Administration" (TSA) (Minister of Floo Network. -Ed.) and "Florida Rep. John Mica, the ranking member on the House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure" (Floo Network critic. -Ed.) No doubt you've seen too many videos of TSA GROPING by now. As we always recommend: FOLLOW THE MONEY. We join DailyPaul.com in progress TSA's Nude Scanners, Former Homeland Security Head Chertoff, and How Our Government Works Michael Chertoff, while he was the Head of Homeland Security under Bush, advocated and pushed for installation and implementation of these new full-body scanners at our airports. Once he was out of "public service", Chertoff's consulting company (Read: Lobbying Company) landed as a client (Surprise!), Rapsican, the company that makes the scanners. He is now a much richer person, I'm sure. There are multiple links to info about Chertoff and the scanner company. No! Happy Holiday Traveling! We think everyone should show up in their bath robes and fuzzy bunny slippers. As a Public Service we remind you of the Fourth Amendment The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized. Meanwhile the Flat Earth MILLIONAIRES in the House decided all those UNEMPLOYED SLACKERS should stop sucking off the "government teet". In a 258-154 vote on H.R.6419 - Emergency Unemployment Compensation Continuation Act the US House fails to extend jobless benefits Even as the US Congress was refusing to provide aid to the long-term unemployed—a total of 6.2 million people in October, according to the Labor Department—Wall Street was staging another spectacle of unvarnished greed. All of the major US indexes soared in response to General Motors’ $20 billion initial public stock offering and signs that the European Union and the International Monetary Fund are about to loan Ireland tens of billions of euros to insure the investments of major banks in the country’s failing banking system, in return for assurances that the Irish government will impose a new round of savage austerity measures on the working class. The Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped 173 points, an increase of nearly 1.6 percent. Well, there are laws then there DIFFERENT LAWS for those interested in TREASON: Eric Cantor Assures Netanyahu the GOP Majority Will Undermine Obama on Israel but in fine form Cantor Recants on Netanyahu Pledge no doubt to save his ass: Of course, Cantor was just being honest. Although he does oppose virtually all of President Obama's policies (he's a Republican and that is what Republicans do), he supports 100% of Israeli policies. And although an extreme partisan domestically, when it comes to Israel, he supports whichever government is in power. He believes in the right to criticize this government, just not that one. Cantor's mistake was not telling Prime Minister Netanyahu what everyone knows is true anyway, but telling the world what he said. Lastly, we hope you caught Max Keiser's CRASH JP MORGAN BUY SILVER campaign from last week! Read his 500 Dollar Silver Manisfesto Go buy one or two ounces (or more at this bargain-basement price!) of physical silver to support Max's initiative! Go to Max's website to see all the "BUY SILVER" videos too! The Brick TeeVee crew enjoyed "The Deathly Hallows Part One" on a midnight-full-moon showing. Four 'plexes SOLD OUT in our neighborhood and no doubt "The Deathly Hallows Part One" will set yet another box office record. "I open at the close." Direct your Muggle activism to The Harry Potter Alliance. "Expelliarmus!"
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
FULL COVERAGE of the Deepwater Horizon Gulf of Mexico CATASTROPHE at BP Oil Spill
»»» Whistleblower Wendell Potter @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Wendell Potter on "Deadly Spin: An Insurance Company Insider Speaks Out on How Corporate PR is Killing Health Care and Deceiving Americans"
»»» Rep. John Lewis @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Rep. John Lewis on Congress After GOP Victory, Closing Gitmo, Afghan War and Ethics Conviction of Charles Rangel
»»» TSA Scanners @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW National Outcry Over TSA Body Scanners and Invasive Pat-Downs We speak with the Electronic Privacy Information Center and the American Civil Liberties Union, as well as New York City Councilman David Greenfield, who introduced a resolution to ban the use of the full body scanners in airports within the city.
»»» Derrick Jensen @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Author and Activist Derrick Jensen: "The Dominant Culture is Killing the Planet...It’s Very Important for Us to Start to Build a Culture of Resistance"
»»» Ha-Joon Chang @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Economist Ha-Joon Chang on Currency Wars, the G20, and Why "There’s No Such Thing As a Free Market" Broadcasting from Buenos Aires.
»»» Cornel West @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Cornel West on Charles Rangel, Bush & Kanye West and Why Obama Admin "Seems to Have Very Little Concern for Poor People"
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW @ GRITtv WATCH S'bu Zikode: Organizing South Africa's Shack Dwellers
»»» Marcy Wheeler FireDogLake.com @ GRITtv WATCH Marcy Wheeler: Making a Mess of Justice, Finance, and More
»»» GOT DOCS @ GRITtv WATCH Got Docs: Space, Land and Time: Underground Adventures with Ant Farm
»»» NASCAR on ESPN The Chase ends here! It's the Ford 400s from the 1.5-mile Homestead-Miami Speedway! Coverage begins @ 1 pm et
»»» NBA on TNT THURSDAY DOUBLEHEADER! Heat @ CAVS 8 pm et then Suns @ Warriors 10:30 pm et
Offshore Drilling is Not The Answer: Restore the Moratorium
from Surfrider Foundation (h/t jen)
The tragic and devastating oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is a stark reminder that offshore oil drilling is not the answer.
The Deepwater Horizon rig that exploded and sank has spilled millions of gallons of oil into the ecologically rich waters in the Gulf of Mexico and continues to gush 210,000 gallons of oil into the sea every day. The spill remains unabated and now has the potential to become one of the worst environmental disasters in U.S. history. The unfolding catastrophe clearly illustrates that offshore drilling is not safe and new technology is not fool proof.
Tell the Obama Administration new drilling is NOT THE ANSWER. Our coasts and the economy they support cannot withstand anymore!
We are reminded why the 1969 oil spill in Santa Barbara and the 1989 Exxon Valdez oil spill led to state and federal moratoriums on offshore oil drilling. The tragedy in the Gulf of Mexico makes it clear that it is time once again time to restore those moratoriums.
GO HERE NOW!
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,427 US Military Dead as of Nov 11, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 1,384 US Military Dead as of Nov 11, 2010
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. Tapper explains that as a host, you can only do so much fact-checking during the interview.
• Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Adm. Mike Mullen.
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, Donna Brazile, Ed Luce and Robert Reich
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Rep. Steny Hoyer (D-MD), House Majority Leader (Exclusive)
• U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• THE MERCHANT OF DEATH - The Drug Enforcement Administration agents who caught the alleged arms dealer Viktor Bout explain how they lured and then captured the suspect one of them calls "one of the most dangerous men on the face of the Earth." Armen Keteyian reports. Robert Anderson and Pat Milton are the producers
• DESIGNING LIFE - Steve Kroft profiles famous microbiologist J. Craig Venter, whose scientists have already mapped the human genome and created what he calls "the first synthetic species." Andy Court is the producer
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish.
• Sec. of State Hillary Clinton
• ROUNDTABLE: Robert Draper, who takes us "Inside Sarah Palin's Inner Circle" in this Sunday's New York Times Magazine; The Wall Street Journal's Paul Gigot; Tea Party-backed Rep.-elect Allen West (R-FL); and Richard Wolffe
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Adm. Mike Mullen, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
• John Pistole, the administrator of the Transportation Security Administration
• Congressmen James Clyburn of South Carolina
• Florida Rep. John Mica, the ranking member on the House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
Talkers’ Magazine : Bob Kincaid one of The Frontier Fifty!!!
• PRAYER MEETIN' WEDNESDAY!!! Hug that Subwoofer of Reason with Shaman Bob! Listen HERE (mp3)! Amen to White Rose Society for the podcasts! Head On Radio needs our help, too! Donate HERE!
- NEW! GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - November 18, 2010 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: BP made 'poor decisions' in the Gulf, says the National Obvious Commission; GM is back, baby!; Lame ducks and Lame Dems: No food safety bill for you, but BPA stays in your food supply...PLUS: A Republican blasts --- blasts --- Republican climate change deniers ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
GONE TO MIAMI - Your humble host is taking the next 2 weeks off for a long-delayed vacation in Maui. He’s gonna unplug from the grid, read some trashy novels, and recharge for the battles ahead. Look for the next podcast before Thanksgiving.
• PBC Podcast 194 The History of Imperialism, with Prof. Tony Hall Anthony Hall is a leading expert on empires and imperialism, and joins PBC and Sibel Edmonds for this new edition of the Boiling Frogs interview series.
More podcasts at PeterBCollins.com!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and David Bender
Ring of Fire is now syndicated by Westwood One. Stay tuned for more info.
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, David Bender - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire Radio! November 19th, 2010
• Stepping into the Ring of Fire this week: Senator Sheldon Whitehouse, who will discuss the growing problem of home foreclosures in America, and he’ll tell us what he is doing to help solve this epidemic.
• The brilliant and controversial author, Sam Harris, surveys the topography of right and wrong in his provocative new book, “The Moral Landscape,” – and you’ll be amazed at what he’s discovered.
• Author Frank Schaeffer will give us the inside story on how the corporatist wing of the GOP managed to convince evangelical voters that major corporations are actually living the words of Jesus Christ better than political candidates.
• And author Ari Berman will be here to talk about how the Democratic Party has abandoned the great organizing campaigns that Howard Dean crafted over the last few years, and why we won’t be able to win elections if we don’t reconstruct it.
• You Can Listen to Ring of Fire on These Stations HERE.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Republicans Digging Their Own Grave The GOP wants to ban earmarks in Congress, while extending the trillion-dollar tax cuts for millionaires and billionaires. They don’t seem to realize that earmark projects are already fully funded, and that they help create local jobs and businesses throughout America. Mike Papantonio and Ed Schultz talk about how the GOP will self destruct under their own proposals.
• VIDEO! Midterm Elections Demonstrate Need for Revolution This year’s midterm election results didn’t come as a surprise to many people, but what is surprising is that the Tea Party Republicans were able to convince so many people to vote against their own interests. What’s even worse is that President Obama has now decided that instead of fighting the GOP majority, he’s going to just go along with them and let their disastrous economic and social policies be resurrected. It’s becoming clear that average US citizens have no allies in our federal government, so the question now is “what do we do?” Mike Papantonio talks with blogger and author David DeGraw, who says that the first step we can take in reclaiming America is to educate ourselves and others about what is really happening in our country.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• Gold porn king Jim Sinclair: “This is Late 1979, Gold Will Rise Violently” by maxkeiser READ This is really the first time since we came off of the high, that it’s starting to show a character of wanting to make a new high. @ kingworldnews.com
• $500 Silver & Imminent Price Explosion! Max Keiser (500 dollar silver) by maxkeiser MK: JP Morgan also holds the largest derivatives positions of any banks, at $69 Trillion (not 1.5 trillion that I mention in my conversation with Alex), according to the US OCC. Thus, it is likely that JP Morgan also holds the largest short position in silver derivatives, too, as a matter of course, since they dominate derivatives trading in general. So, to them, a $100 billion short position in silver would be “chump change” compared to their other derivatives positions, and may, in actual fact, be a part of a larger overall strategy to maintain the value of their other derivatives, (including the US dollar) to keep interest rates low.
• It is the buy one ounce of silver drive. If every person in America bought just one ounce of physical silver (current spot price is at $26.06), it would put a massive squeeze on the banks, and force them to cover and end the manipulation by maxkeiser READ The buy one ounce of physical silver drive @ examiner.com
• Is Max Keiser’s attempt to put JP Morgan out of business working following the mother of all silver physical squeezes? by maxkeiser Zerohedge: “Is Max Keiser’s attempt to put JP Morgan out of business working following the mother of all silver physical squeezes? The price of silver has been stable in the past few days, but if the US official precious metal seller is to be trusted, this will not last long. According to the US Mint, sales of 1-ounce American Eagle silver coins are headed for the strongest month since at least May, Bloomberg reports.” READ US Mint Reports Soaring November Month-To-Date Silver Coin Sales Surpass 2010 High Following Massive Rush Into Precious Metal @ zerohedge
• MUST WATCH!!!! More patents are issued relating to inventions involving Silver than all other metals combined by maxkeiser READ @ ausbullion
• Guest Post – The Giant Cover Up by Michael Krieger "An end to “banking as we know it” is fine with us. The “banking” in today’s Western economies is simply a monopoly-distribution point for the dissemination of fiat currency. Central banks have got to distribute money through banks because the alternative – simply distributing it to people – would reveal the scam for what it is. By filtering the money-printed-from-nothing through banks, the process retains a mysterious quality. It is also rendered more complex, which is necessary when one is promoting a Ponzi scheme. Finally, bank distribution allows for a debt add-on that further controls the process. The situation is incredibly destructive, ruinous and benefits, essentially, on a very people who are the most direct beneficiaries of central bank funding stream." – The Daily Bell, Staff Report [Read more...]
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report: ‘Crash JP Morgan’ guest: Alex Jones
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS - no new broadcasts
• ON THE EDGE On the Edge with Max Keiser-World Oil Production-11-19-2010-(Part1)
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Nick Turse Nov 17, 2010: Nick Turse, author of The Complex: How the Military Invades Our Everyday Lives and editor of The Case for Withdrawal from Afghanistan, discusses US contingency plans to maintain a large Persian Gulf regional influence should the Iraq occupation ever end, Qatar’s successful $1 billion “if you build it, he will come” gambit that the US military would be drawn to an unused air base (Qatar has no air force) and the current estimate that the US military now has over 1000 bases worldwide. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 10:58
• Jacob Hornberger Nov 17, 2010: Jacob Hornberger, founder and president of the Future of Freedom Foundation, discusses the history of FFF.org and the reading materials behind his conversion from liberal Democrat to Libertarian, the forewarning from Chalmers Johnson’s prescient book Blowback: The Costs and Consequences of American Empire that was written before 9/11, why Americans must choose to either abandon their empire or live under it, the mostly-unseen inflation tax that disproportionately effects the poor and the ongoing struggle between libertarians and statists. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 26:47
• Nick Hankoff Nov 20, 2010: Nick Hankoff, member of Year of Youth and Young Americans for Liberty, discusses the November 24th We Won’t Fly protest against TSA body scanners and groping searches, how former DHS Secretary Michael Chertoff’s enthusiastic promotion of body scanners has become a conflict of interest and the growing outrage among people of all political persuasions against government attacks on their dignity and liberty. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 8:29
• Daphne Eviatar Nov 20, 2010: Daphne Eviatar, Senior Associate in Law and Security for Human Rights First, discusses the relatively fair federal trial that ended in Ahmed Ghailani‘s conviction of a conspiracy charge related to the 1998 (US) Africa embassy bombings, another example of a civilian terrorism trial with a guilty verdict and no security threats (despite the fear-mongering of Liz Cheney’s Keep America Safe group), the far harsher sentences given in federal terrorism trials than in Guantanamo’s military commissions and why the prosecution of child-soldier Omar Khadr for war crimes is itself a war crime. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 20:04
More interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Hillary Clinton, Secretary of State
• Gov. Rick Perry, (R) Texas
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml