Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by SCARY Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have SCARIER STORIES share below!
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
FALL BACK AMERICA Yes it's time to FALL BACK ONE HOUR to go back to Standard Time! And if we learned anything from Tuesday's Midterms is that American Voters can't remember what happened yesterday, much less last month, last year or the entirety of the Bu$h/GOPher years of the past decade. In the words of President Not Sure the Dems "took a shellacking". His solution? "I think there are going to be a whole bunch of areas where we can agree on." Meanwhile Professional Curmudgeon MITCH MCCONNELL says "The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president." It looks more like McConnell and his crew want America to fall back, not just one hour today, but maybe to the late 19th Century's Gilded Age of Robber Barons. The lame duck's first order of business should be to do NOTHING and let the Bu$h Tax Cuts for the Wealthy just expire, then sneak through the same reconciliation process preserving the rest of the tax cut package. As pointed out by NYT's Nicholas Kristoff in Our Banana Republic The richest 1 percent of Americans now take home almost 24 percent of income, up from almost 9 percent in 1976. As Timothy Noah of Slate noted in an excellent series on inequality, the United States now arguably has a more unequal distribution of wealth than traditional banana republics like Nicaragua, Venezuela and Guyana. So it's not like the rich need to get richer, yes? But of course they do! We point you to a speech by Bill Moyers: "Welcome to the Plutocracy!" at Boston University on October 29, 2010, as a part of the Howard Zinn Lecture Series: In polite circles, among our political and financial classes, this is known as “the free market at work.” No, it’s “wage repression,” and it’s been happening in our country since around 1980...Since 1980 the economy has also continued to grow handsomely, but only a fraction at the top have benefited. The line flattens for the bottom 90% of Americans. Average income went from that $30,941 in 1980 to $31,244 in 2008. Think about that: the average income of Americans increased just $303 dollars in 28 years. That’s wage repression...If this were a functioning democracy, our financial institutions would be helping everyday Americans and businesses get the mortgages and loans – the capital – they need to keep going; they’re not, even as the financiers are reaping robust awards. Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. But he’s run off with all the toys....That fraction of one percent of Americans who now earn as much as the bottom 120 million Americans includes the top executives of giant corporations and those Wall Street hedge funds and private equity managers who constitute Citigroup’s “plutonomy” are buying our democracy and they’re doing it in secret. We urge you to read the entire speech! Don't expect this sort of candor on the bought-n-paid-for Beltway Bubbleheads on Sunday morning, except for DAVID STOCKMAN who will argue Tax Cuts are BS on This Anampour. The aforementioned MCCONNELL will twist his wits against JAMES CLYBURN on Face The Bob. The only other Dem in the whole Sunday lineup is CHRIS VAN HOLEN State of Candy and the rest are all fine brick targets, too many to list here so see below. NOTABLE MENTION: President Not Sure on 60 Minutes! The Brick TeeVee Crew woke up Wednesday to see the Buckeye State turned into some combination of Oklahoma, Kansas and South Carolina with a Red Tsunami on the open US Senate seat, Guvnor, SoS, Treasure, AG and BOTH OH Chambers turned a bright crimson, plus leaving only FIVE Dem Reps returning to the US House in Dennis Kucinich, Marcy Kaptur, Marcia Fudge, Tim Ryan and Betty Sutton. Remember these names as the 112th United States Congress convenes and the Progressive Caucus coalesces. Seems the only state with any kind of memory was CALIFORNIA who turned back Corporatists Fiorina and Whitless. Hold on to your seats as the Plutocrats and their GOPher enablers move their agenda forward next year! (For the record, certainly there are plenty of Plutocrats in the Dems too but many of the worst Blue Dogs were jettisoned Tuesday too. Now we just have to get those Wall St. types out of the Cabinet! Haha!) Enjoy your Sunday and the upcoming week!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
FULL COVERAGE of the Deepwater Horizon Gulf of Mexico CATASTROPHE at BP Oil Spill
»»» Ralph Nader @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Ralph Nader: Dems Face Losses to "Most Craven Republican Party in History"
»»» Voter Suppression @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW How Safe Is Your Ballot? Tracking Voter Suppression, Intimidation on Election Day We speak to Wendy Weiser of the Voting Rights and Election Project at the Brennan Center for Justice.
»»» Michael Moore EXCLUSIVE @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW EXCLUSIVE: Filmmaker Michael Moore on Midterm Elections, the Tea Party, and the Future of the Democratic Party
»»» Election Results Roundup @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Election Roundtable: Breaking Down the Results with Laura Flanders of GritTV, The Nation’s Richard Kim & John Nichols, and Journalist David Goodman
»»» Michael McDonald @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Big Gains in State Races Position Republicans to Alter Political Landscape in Upcoming Redistricting We are joined by Michael McDonald, a redistricting expert at George Mason University.
»»» Alan Grayson @ Democracy NOW!WATCH NOW Rep. Alan Grayson: "Bipartisanship Has Become Code Word for Appeasement"
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW @ GRITtv WATCH Robert Scheer: Appetites for Wealth
»»» Loaded Chamber @ GRITtv WATCH The Loaded Chamber: The Watchdog Doesn’t Bite
»»» GOT DOCS @ GRITtv WATCH Got Docs: The Best Government Money can Buy
»»» NASCAR on ESPN It's the AAA Texas 500 from the 1.5-mile Texas Motor Speedway! 3 pm et
»»» NBA on TNT THURSDAY DOUBLEHEADER! Celtics @ Heat 8 pm et then Lakers @ Nuggets 10:30 pm et
Offshore Drilling is Not The Answer: Restore the Moratorium
from Surfrider Foundation (h/t jen)
The tragic and devastating oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico is a stark reminder that offshore oil drilling is not the answer.
The Deepwater Horizon rig that exploded and sank has spilled millions of gallons of oil into the ecologically rich waters in the Gulf of Mexico and continues to gush 210,000 gallons of oil into the sea every day. The spill remains unabated and now has the potential to become one of the worst environmental disasters in U.S. history. The unfolding catastrophe clearly illustrates that offshore drilling is not safe and new technology is not fool proof.
Tell the Obama Administration new drilling is NOT THE ANSWER. Our coasts and the economy they support cannot withstand anymore!
We are reminded why the 1969 oil spill in Santa Barbara and the 1989 Exxon Valdez oil spill led to state and federal moratoriums on offshore oil drilling. The tragedy in the Gulf of Mexico makes it clear that it is time once again time to restore those moratoriums.
GO HERE NOW!
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,427 US Military Dead as of Nov 5, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 1,369 US Military Dead as of Nov 5, 2010
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. Tapper explains that as a host, you can only do so much fact-checking during the interview.
• newly-elected Republican Senator from Kentucky, Rand Paul
• President Reagan's budget director David Stockman
• Chairman of the House Republican Conference Mike Pence
• ROUNDTABLE: Democratic Senator Evan Bayh joins George Will, Matthew Dowd, John Podesta and Amy Walter
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky.
• House Majority Whip James E. Clyburn, D-S.C.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• PRESIDENT OBAMA - President Obama takes questions from Steve Kroft in his first one-on-one interview since his party's midterm election defeat in the House. Michael Radutzky and L. Franklin Devine are the producers.
• PACMAN - Boxing sensation Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao has done it all in the ring, winning world championships in seven different weight divisions. He'll go for an eighth title next week, but will his new job as a Philippine politician hurt his career? Bob Simon reports. Michael Gavshon and Drew Magratten are the producers.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish.
• Sen. Jim DeMint (R-SC)
• Gov. Chris Christie (R-NJ)
• ROUNDTABLE: Former Obama White House Communications Director Anita Dunn; Former Adviser to Pres. George W. Bush Karen Hughes; President of the National Urban League, Marc Morial and Republican Strategist Mike Murphy.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty (R)
• Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R)
• Rep. Chris Van Hollen (D-MD)
• Pennsylvania Sen.-elect Pat Toomey (R)
• Michael Duffy of Time magazine
• Karen Tumulty of the Washington Post
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
Talkers’ Magazine : Bob Kincaid one of The Frontier Fifty!!!
• PRAYER MEETIN' WEDNESDAY!!! Hug that Subwoofer of Reason with Brother Bob! Listen HERE (mp3)! Amen to White Rose Society for the podcasts! Head On Radio needs our help, too! Donate HERE!
- NEW! GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - November 4, 2010 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Let the plutocracy begin! Republicans Rejoice: Victory in the midterm elections, re-shaping the House of Representatives, and re-writing the rules of "compromise," with consequences for clean energy and the planet; PLUS: To put it all into perspective: Another natural disaster bearing down on Haiti ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
GONE TO MIAMI - Your humble host is taking the next 2 weeks off for a long-delayed vacation in Maui. He’s gonna unplug from the grid, read some trashy novels, and recharge for the battles ahead. Look for the next podcast before Thanksgiving.
• PBC Podcast 191 Midterm Morning After: Left Coast Perspective In this brief, single-topic podcast, PBC recaps the midterm election from his Left and Left Coast perspective: Californians rejected corporate tool candidates and initiatives!
• PBC Podcast 192 Midterm Election Analysis: Robert Parry and Prof. David Coates Midterm Election Analysis, Part 1. Robert Parry of ConsortiumNews sees the election as a continuation of Reaganism; Prof. David Coates of Wake Forest has 3 points of advice for Democrats.
• PBC Podcast 193 Election Analysis, Part 2: Jeffrey Feldman on Dems’ Weak Narratives, Tim Carpenter of PDA on Progressive Strategies
• PBC Podcast 194 The History of Imperialism, with Prof. Tony Hall Anthony Hall is a leading expert on empires and imperialism, and joins PBC and Sibel Edmonds for this new edition of the Boiling Frogs interview series.
More podcasts at PeterBCollins.com!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and David Bender
Ring of Fire is now syndicated by Westwood One. Stay tuned for more info.
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, David Bender - Politics, Commentary, and News.
Special LIVE Ring of Fire! Gore Vidal, Chris Hedges, and Your Calls! November 5th, 2010
• This week on Ring of Fire Radio, we will be doing a live election recap, and taking your calls at 866-389-FIRE (3473.) Give us a call and let us know what you think about the election!
• America’s greatest living man of letters, the legendary Gore Vidal, will be here to offer his sage and sure-to be-scathing observations on President Obama, the Tea Party and the precarious state of our fragile Republic.
• We’ll also hear from best-selling author Chris Hedges about his new book “Death of the Liberal Class,” which discusses how the pillars of the liberal class – the press, universities, the labor movement, culture and the Democratic Party – have collapsed as effective counterweights to the corporate state.
• You Can Listen to Ring of Fire on These Stations HERE.
• VIDEO! Wall Street Cheats the Middle Class Again If it seems like America’s big banks still aren’t playing by the rules, that’s probably because they aren’t. Their thinking is that because they are too big to fail, and too influential in Washington, they can just get Washington to change the rules as they go along and bail them out whenever needed. And sadly that’s what is happening in America today. Banks keep breaking the rules; Washington pretends not to notice, while the middle class is being forced to pick up the tab for the whole mess. Mike Papantonio talks about the latest Wall Street swindle with Mike Lux, co-founder and CEO of Progressive Strategies.
• VIDEO! The Face of an American Generation Lost Republicans in Washington had no problem handing over billions of dollars to their pals on Wall Street when they were in trouble, but they refuse to extend unemployment benefits for Americans who are still unable to find work in our economy. And even as corporate profits have reached back up to record levels, job creation has remained stagnant. The result of this is that we’ve created a lost generation of American workers – those people who want to work, but can’t find meaningful employment. Mike Papantonio talks with investigative journalist Andy Kroll, who’s been travelling the country, meeting with this lost generation that the Republicans don’t seem to care about.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• Denying AGW makes you poor and stupid by maxkeiser Back in 2005 AGW holocaust provokers and slanderous goofballs Steve Milloy and Tom Borelli of the infamous AGW denial site junkscience dot com attacked Max and Stacy in the press and launched the Free Enterprise Action Fund – while we were pushing gold. Five years later the results are in; their fund has folded* with a loss – while gold has increased in value by 300% . . . and maxkeiser dot com now has 10 times the traffic of junkscience dot com. A simple analysis of the demographic information comparing the two sites on Alexa shows that maxkeiser dot com viewers are richer (thanks to that gold they’ve been buying) and more educated (thanks to avoiding junkscience and other Koch propaganda). The choice is simple: rich and smart vs. poor and stupid....
• The Grifters have been getting people to support Wall Street’s political agenda by seducing them with a [Ayn] Randian and pseudo-libertarian ideology by maxkeiser READ Matt Taibbi: Wall Street Has Seduced America With Randian Pseudo-Libertarianism @ businessinsider.com
• www.stopspeculators.gr by maxkeiser SEE CRIMINAL FRAUD CHARGE REPORT AGANIST SPECULATORS AND THIER GREEK ACCOMPLICIES & PARTNERS Dear Mr. Max Keiser, On April 09, 2010, in Athens, we filled a Criminal Fraud Charge Report, submitted to the Attorney General of the Greek Supreme Court, Mr. Ioannis Tentes. The Report is claiming against World Speculators and their Accomplices, Greek Partners and Government Officers who, by running an organized criminal plan, with consecutive actions and omissions to act, they manipulated the Greek Government Bonds Market, with the intent to achieve multiple financial gains, deceiving and damaging Greek Government Debt, Greek GDP and Greek Citizens and Taxpayers wealth. The damage is estimated at 13 billion euros and, given the size, has already stretched Greek National Economy, Next Generations Wealth and Economic Sovereignty of the country.The above mentioned persons & corporations (Goldman in first place) have been also charged on the spot, with similar fraud crimes in USA and EU...You are kindly requested to submit to our web site or to send me privatelly to this e mail address, any complaint, information or incident that you know and could help the investigation process.
• Global Capital: Alternative Perspective on the 20th and 21st Centuries by Damon Vrabelr Debunking Money #4 and #5: In an attempt to layout the way the world really works rather than believing the false notion that 40-something fresh Ivy League grads serving as politicians have the power, these lessons further the Debunking Money narrative that debt-based hierarchical money = financial leverage = true power. Lesson 4 revisits the 20th century past to reconsider where we’ve been, and lesson 5 peers into the 21st century future for a clearer perspective on where we’re headed. Huxley would like what he sees.
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report 91: 02 November 2010 – Guest: James Scaminaci III
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report 92: 04 November 2010 – Guest: David McWilliams
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS - no new broadcasts
• ON THE EDGE [OTE 78]On the Edge with Max Keiser – Increasing US Debt: Guest Damon Vrabel
• ON THE EDGE Jim Willie called this Gold and Silver move
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Josh Ruebner Nov 4, 2010: Josh Ruebner, National Advocacy Director of the US Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation, discusses Caterpillar’s reported cancellation of bulldozer shipments to Israel for the duration of the Rachel Corrie trial, how Israel’s demolition of Palestinian homes works as slow motion ethnic cleansing, keeping up the appearance of a viable Palestinian government so the international community can pretend the conflict isn’t completely one-sided and how Jewish settlements physically cut off East Jerusalem from the West Bank making a shared Jerusalem capital (a major sticking point in a 2 state solution) impossible. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 18:10
• Darwin BondGraham Nov 4, 2010: Darwin BondGraham, member of the Los Alamos Study Group, discusses the massive giveaways to weapons manufacturers that will occur after the Senate ratifies the New START Treaty, the “prompt global strike” capability that will let Obama rain death on anyone in the world in 30 minutes or less [insert pizza delivery joke here], billions budgeted for new nuclear weapons infrastructure, the loophole in START accounting methods that makes a joke of mandatory weapons reductions and why well-intentioned arms reduction treaties often do more harm than good. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 21:25
• Becky Akers Nov 5, 2010: Becky Akers, columnist at Lewrockwell.com, discusses the “Railroading of Omar Khadr,” the 15-year old Khadr’s travel to Afghanistan with his al-Qaeda associated father, disputed accounts of a US raid during which Khadr was seriously injured and arrested for killing a medic, the torture Khadr endured while incarcerated at Guantanamo for 8 years and his Military Commission plea deal for time served plus eight more years (7 of those in a Canadian prison). LISTEN HERE (mp3) 20:02
• Cindy Sheehan Nov 5, 2010: Peace activist Cindy Sheehan discusses the “myth of the two party system,” the curious case and recent conviction of Dr. Aafia Siddiqui, Rahm Emanuel’s attempt to purge antiwar candidates from the 2006 Democratic primary elections, why only poor people need to worry about austerity measures and coming to the realization that the fight isn’t between Democrats and Republicans but between the government and you. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 14:04
More interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Rep. Eric Cantor, (R) Virginia
• Rep. Darrell Issa, (R) California / Cmte. on Oversight & Govt. Reform
• Rep. Paul Ryan, (R) Wisconsin / Budget Committee
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml