Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below!
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Dai-Ichi At One Month One month ago Monday Japan was hit by a record 9.0 earthquake and subsequent tsunami setting in action a series of events at the Fukshima Dai-Ichi nuclear power plant that have left the plant severely damaged, leaking radioactive elements into the atmosphere and ocean. See these hi-res pix of the plant's damage at cryptome.org Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Plant Hi-Res Photos Christian Science Monitor answers the question How Much Spent Nuclear Fuel Does the Fukushima Daiichi Facility Hold?
• Reactor No. 1: 50 tons of spent nuclear fuel
• Reactor No. 2: 81 tons
• Reactor No. 3: 88 tons
• Reactor No. 4: 135 tons
• Reactor No. 5: 142 tons
• Reactor No. 6: 151 tons
• Also, a separate ground-level fuel pool contains 1,097 tons of fuel; and some 70 tons of nuclear materials are kept on the grounds in dry storage
which adds up to over 1,700 TONS of radioactive material on the site with most of its cooling capacity inoperable. McClatchy reports via Denver Post U.S. nuclear plants store far more spent rods than Japan's and President Not Sure wants $36 billion in government-backed loan guarantees for new nuclear reactors and setting aside more than $800 million for nuclear energy research (thehill.com). We turn to Dr. Helen Caldicott March 25 Statement by Helen Caldicott, M.D. about the Japanese Nuclear Emergency (pdf) www.ifyoulovethisplanet.org
"Tragically, the “Nuclear Samurai” work for a company – TEPCO – that has been exposed as having ignored mandatory safety checks at Fukushima; as allowing spent fuel rods far in excess of the number that was deemed prudent to be stored on site; and as being evasive and unforthcoming about the real facts of the unfolding emergency.
What we have also seen is a second tsunami of a different kind – a tidal wave of blowback from the nuclear industry around the world, which has been rocked back on its heels by Fukushima but is now regrouping. There are claims that radiation is good for you; that nuclear power is still the only answer to global warming; and that fears about the safety of nuclear power are unwarranted and panic-stricken.
Let us be clear: there are billions and billions of dollars at stake for the nuclear industry, which has, as I’ve written earlier, managed to bamboozle governments around the world, much of the press, and many ordinary citizens into believing that nuclear power is green and clean. Nothing could be further from the truth. The industry will not walk away from that money without a fight.
The world is now paying – and will pay however severe Fukushima turns out to be – a grave price for the nuclear industry’s hubris and the arrogance and greed that fueled their drive to build more and more reactors."
Washington's Blog reports Cesium Fallout from Fukushima ALREADY Rivals Chernobyl: As I've previously noted, many experts say that the Fukushima plants will keep on leaking for months. See this and this. And the amount of radioactive fuel at Fukushima dwarfs Chernobyl.
As the New York Times notes, radioactive cesium is the main danger from the Japanese nuclear accident: Over the long term, the big threat to human health is cesium-137, which has a half-life of 30 years. At that rate of disintegration, John Emsley wrote in “Nature’s Building Blocks” (Oxford, 2001), “it takes over 200 years to reduce it to 1 percent of its former level.” It is cesium-137 that still contaminates much of the land in Ukraine around the Chernobyl reactor. ... But anyone who believes that Fukushima cannot possibly become as bad as Chernobyl has no idea what they are talking about. And Karl Grossman writes on his blogspot My book, "Cover Up: What You Are Not Supposed to Know About Nuclear Power," Is Being Distributed Free by Publisher Online. People can now get free copies of my book "Cover Up: What You Are Not Supposed to Know About Nuclear Power" -- with a new updated preface I've written in the midst of the ongoing Fukushima nuclear power disaster. Just go to www.thepermanentpress.com and you will see the book displayed on the homepage--and a box to click on and have the book downloaded at no cost. ... Also, videos I have done on nuclear power are available for viewing free at www.envirovideo.com. They include: "Three Mile Island Revisted," "The Push to Revive Nuclear Power," and "Chernobyl: A Million Casualties." Here is a good roundup from the Philippine Daily Inquirer, Agence France-Presse First Posted 04/08/2011 "State of stricken Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear reactors: Here is the current state of each of the six reactors at the Fukushima Dai-ichi plant." Tyler Durden at zerohedge.com has also been a fantastic source, with his newest Following The Earlier TEPCO Reporting Flap, Here Is A Simple Way To Resolve The True Radioactivity At Reactor 2. Japan and surrounding areas will be contaminated for centuries. The worldwide contamination is incalculable. And India, China and the U.S. think more nuke plants is the way to go? Dr. Caldicott is correct: The world is now paying – and will pay however severe Fukushima turns out to be – a grave price for the nuclear industry’s hubris and the arrogance and greed that fueled their drive to build more and more reactors.
King of the Real Americans by digby This is from the upcoming Matt Taibbi Rolling Stone interview with John Boehner
Boehner: "Can't pay your student loan? Face it your parents were lazy and you couldn't afford college. The world needs ditch diggers and you were born into a family of them. Can't pay your mortgage? Your house was too expensive and you couldn't afford it. Your taxes going up too much? That's what you get for electing a democrat president. Never had a job after you got a degree? You learned nothing in school and you're lazy. I didn't get to be a congressman by watching jersey shore or playing xbox. You think there's no jobs for you? There used to be. There was when I was your age. You don't have fee time because you have to work all days of the week for 16 hours a day and you don't get paid hourly? Thank the unions. They made decent jobs so out of price range of the average American company that they can't hire anymore people and the works' gotta get done. These unions... I tell you they won't be happy till no one in America has a job. And health care? Don't get me started on health care- doctors study their entire lives and they barely make enough to live and yet Obama, who had his entire life handed to him on a silver plate wants to cut their pay. You know that's gonna do? Increase costs- the average persons going to have to work even harder just to see a doctor.
Taibbi: "With mounting unemployment what do you think is the possibility that we'll see an Egyptian style uprising of the youth? Should we be worried?"
Boehner: "It's not going to happen in the US. The kids here are too fat, too lazy, to addicted to TV, fast food, cheap credit, and facebook. I have news for you - there are plenty of jobs out there - the unemployed don't want them. Today's college student feels entitled to make at least $24 right after college. When they find out they can collect unemployment they would rather do that. You know the average college educated unemployed person is collecting $60k a year? The CATO institute did a study- and I mean, you and me we're hard workers we could just sit around and live, but these kids today- that's all they've been doing their entire lives. I'm not worried for this country- there are a few of them who actually want to work, take Mark Zucker(sic). You don't build a site like facebook out of thin air- it takes talent and hard work. I went to a community college and all I saw were people sitting in front of computers typing away, their eyes were fixed. Probably just facebooking away.
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
JAPAN IN CRISIS JAPAN IN CRISIS Democracy Now! reports on the disaster in Japan following a massive 9.0-magnitude earthquake and tsunami and the resulting nuclear crisis.
»»» Philip White of the Citizens’ Nuclear Information Center in Tokyo @ DEMOCRACY NOW! WATCH NOW Japan Releases Radioactive Water Several Million Times the Legal Limit into Ocean April 5, 2011
»»» Philip White of the Tokyo-based Citizens’ Nuclear Information Center and Jan Beránek, the director of Greenpeace International’s Nuclear Campaign @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW U.N. Nuclear Watchdog Says It Will Continue to Push for New Nuclear Power Plants Despite Growing Global Nuclear Concern April 5, 2011
»»» New York Times correspondent and two-time Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter Anthony Shadid @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Intervention Could Make Things Worse: New York Times’ Anthony Shadid on Rebellions in Libya and the Middle East April 6, 2011
»»» Dr. Steven Reisner, New York-based psychologist and adviser to Physicians for Human Rights @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW New York Court to Hear Case Against Psychologist Accused of Torture in Guantánamo Interrogations April 6, 2011
»»» Nobel Economist Joseph Stiglitz @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Nobel Economist Joseph Stiglitz: Assault on Social Spending, Pro-Rich Tax Cuts Turning U.S. into Nation "Of the 1 Percent, by the 1 Percent, for the 1 Percent" April 7, 2011
»»» National Conference for Media Reform @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW At National Conference for Media Reform, a Roundtable on Journalism, Broadband and Broadcast Amidst Cutbacks and Consolidation We host a media roundtable with Craig Aaron, incoming president of media advocacy group Free Press; Sascha Meinrath, director of the New America Foundation’s Open Technology Initiative; and Malkia Cyril, the executive director and founder of the Center for Media Justice. April 8, 2011
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW @ GRITtv WATCH Frances Fox Piven & Cornel West; Twitter, Pay Up
»»» Rep. Keith Ellison, John Fugelsang & Dean Obeidallah @ GRITtv Rep. Keith Ellison, John Fugelsang & Dean Obeidallah, and Media Reform
»»» Aileen Mioko Smith director of Green Action Japan, Heather McGhee Washington bureau director of Demos, Ben Jealous, president of the NAACP Crisis in Japan, Heather McGhee, and Ben Jealous
»»» The F Word @ GRITtv The F Word: Bonuses for Bosses at Killer Corporations?
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©!
»»» MLB on TBS Phillies @ Braves! 1:30 pm et
»»» Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN Yankees @ Bosox! 8 pm et
»»» Monday Night Baseball on ESPN Rays @ Bosox! 8 pm et
»»» NBA on TNT Doubleheader Tuesday! Bulls @ Knicks 8:00 pm then Spurs @ Lakers 10:30 pm
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org UPDATE! Greg Mitchell Author and Blogger for The Nation Chatting With Bradley Manning on how chat logs dispute Frontline claim that turmoil in his personal life main reason for alleged decision to leak.
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackeberries, Droid and other phonesto help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. The T.J. Martell Foundation is the music industry's largest foundation funding cutting edge medical research focused on finding cures for leukemia, cancer and AIDS. The Foundation sources and supports early-stage research projects aimed at developing more effective treatments for patients which otherwise might not be funded. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,446 US Military Dead as of April 7, 2011
AFGHANISTAN: 1,531 US Military Dead as of April 7, 2011
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour - JAKE TAPPER sits in
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. See Politifact Statements ABC News 'This Week'
• President's top adviser David Plouffe
• Republican Congressman Mike Pence
• Democratic Congressman Chris Van Hollen
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, interim DNC Chairwoman Donna Brazile, Chrystia Freeland of Thomson-Reuters and National Journal's Ron Brownstein
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., Vice Chair, Democratic Conference
• Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Alabama, Ranking Member, Senate Budget Committee
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Murder of Louis Allen - Steve Kroft's 18-month investigation into a 47-yr.old murder in a Mississippi town sheds light on an unsolved civil rights killing near the top of the FBI's list. Graham Messick and Sumi Aggarwal are the producers.
• The Library - No one is allowed to borrow from the Vatican Library, except the pope. And no wonder: the archive holds some of the oldest and most precious works of art and treasure known to man. Morley Safer and "60 Minutes" cameras get to see the best of the best. David Browning is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish. See their website MeetTheFacts.com updating soon!
• Budget Committee Chairman, Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI).
• Obama's senior adviser and former 2008 campaign manager, David Plouffe
• ROUNDTABLE: Chairman and CEO of the Special Olympics, Tim Shriver; host of CNBC's "Mad Money" Jim Cramer; the New York Times White House Corresopndent Helene Cooper; and NBC News Chief White House Correspondent and Political Director, Chuck Todd.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• White House Senior Adviser David Plouffe
• Senate's number two Democrat, Dick Durbin
• House Republican Conference Chairman, Jeb Hensarling of Texas
• former British Prime Minister Tony Blair
• Donald Trump
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY!!!!!! Bob's none to happy with the the whole rotting stinking energy mess. Listen HERE (mp3)!
Amen to White Rose Society! Donate HERE!
- NEW! GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - April 7, 2011 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: More U.S. Chamber of Commerce propaganda to support the GOP v. EPA in the House and Senate; Clean energy v. Oil in the budget shutdown showdown... PLUS: Signs of stabilizing at the Fukushima nuclear plant, as yet another earthquake rocks Japan's devastated coastline ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Climate change breaks NASA temperature chart; Dangerous new antibiotic-resistant water bug found in India; OK return to Dust Bowl days?; TX worsening drought devastating wheat crops; GOP allows agribusiness to dump pesticides in water; Solar Costs May Already Rival Coal; Canceled Coal Plant's Aging Parts; Right-wing Group Writes Anti-EPA Bills For State Legislatures; What corporations really mean by profit and loss; Should 'smart grid' let smart meters make decisions for consumers?; Clean-Energy Investment Is Placed at Risk as UN Climate Negotiations Stall; Governments urged to move forward at UN climate meeting; Two Major Enviro Groups Join Forces ... PLUS: Boom-and-bust fossil fuels and the promise of cheap electricity ....Links to STORIES DISCUSSED IN TODAY'S 'GREEN NEWS REPORT' at Green News Report! Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
• BRAD FRIEDMAN hosts the Mike Malloy Show! Podcast links: FRI 4/1: Rep. Jack Kimble (R, CA-54), Ian 'David Koch' Murphy, Joe Linehan... MON 4/4: Rep. Hank Johnson (D-GA), Prof. Stephan Lewandowsky & MLK Tribute... TUE 4/5: John Nichols, Howie Klein, Tim DeChristoper & WI's cliffhanger!... WED 4/6: Eric Boehlert, Ion Sancho, Desi Doyen & Deadlocks in DC & WI... THU 4/7: Dave Weigel, John Washburn, Tyson Slocum & WI's election stunner!... FRI 4/8: DAVID DAYEN from FireDogLake, NICOLE SANDLER of RadioOrNot.com PLUS The latest on the WI debacle, the DC Shutdown Showdown, everything we didn't get to....
• BRADBLOG SPECIAL REPORT: WI's Supreme Election Debacle (And What We Should, But Probably Won't, Learn From It) The latest details on the 'new' 14,000+ votes in Waukesha County, and an important thought on the integrity of elections...and democracy...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Live! Weekly on KGO PBC Live! Weekly on KGO Your humble host has been remiss in keeping you apprised of his other media activities. Since February, I’ve been hosting a regular weekly show on KGO, the leading San Francisco talk station with a huge coverage area–at night, you can hear it anywhere on the West Coast. TFN (till further notice), you can hear me every Friday night–or, more precisely, Saturday morning, from 1-5 am (PDT) on 810-AM or streaming at www.kgoradio.com. If you’d like to be alerted each week, sign up on Facebook as a fan of “Peter B. Collins Show” or you can follow me on Twitter, @pbcsf
• PBC Podcast 233 Afghanistan Experts Gould & Fitzgerald; The Nation’s Blog on WikiLeaks and Bradley Manning April 1, 2011 Elizabeth Gould and Paul Fitzgerald talk about their new must-read book, Crossing Zero: The AfPak War at the Turning Point of American Empire; Greg Mitchell of The Nation blogs daily on WikiLeaks and Manning.
• PBC Podcast 234 Radical Repubs Run Rampant over Ohio, Michigan; Chew Reviews “Born to be Wild” Cliff Schecter reports from Columbus, Ohio and Ray Burrsma checks in from Holland, Michigan with updates on the coordinated assault on the middle class by their Republican legislatures and governors; Gary Chew reviews the new IMAX feature, Born to Be Wild.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! April 1, 2010
• Stepping into the Ring of Fire this week: investigative journalist Jeremy Scahill will be here to tell us why US forces should be concentrating on the crisis in Yemen instead of the Civil War in Libya.
• We’ll also talk with John Amato, founder of the Crooks and Liars blog about the looming government shutdown that Republicans will impose if Democrats don’t agree to cut almost every social program in America’s budget.
• Ari Berman from The Nation magazine will tell us about President Obama’s re-election campaign, and why he’s decided to abandon the grassroots tactic that helped elect him in 2008.
• We’re also going to hear from Justin Jones – a 17 year old political activist from Alabama who’s using the citizens’ media to fight the GOP.
• You Can Listen to Ring of Fire on These Stations HERE.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: The Alternative Reality of the Koch Brothers When you’ve got billions of dollars and have been surrounded by “yes men” your entire life, it isn’t difficult to lose touch with reality. And as Mike Papantonio points out on The Ed Schultz Show, that is exactly what has happened to the Koch Brothers.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Koch Bros. – The More We Know You, The Less We Like You The Koch boys have been raised as billionaire royalty their entire lives. If you take a close look at their lives, it almost looks like a scene out of The Truman Show, where daddy and mommy and everyone surrounding them – The butlers, the private teachers, the chauffeurs – have them living in a delusional world – an alternative reality – since the time they were small children. So now they are genuinely surprised, and I believe possibly even embarrassed, when the real world – the rest of the world – the world outside the lifelong servants and yes men and their other billionaire friends – the rest of the world – you and me – hold a mirror up to their faces and force them to look at who they really are.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: What Monsanto Chemicals Are In Your Food? Factory farmers and the chemical industry in America have been looking for ways to increase their profits as quickly as possible for decades. One of the ideas they came up with years ago was to inject cattle with hormones that would make them grow larger, fatter, and faster so that they could get more money for the same product. But as companies like Monsanto pushed this bovine growth hormone, they paid no attention and didn’t seem to care what the consequences of genetically modified dairy products would be for the consumers. Joining me now to discuss some of those consequences, as well as how we got into this situation to begin with, is Chris Hunt from Sustainable Table.
• VIDEO! Sam Seder & Mike Malloy on Progressive Activism Several protests took place at the end of March, including protests to mark the 8th anniversary of the Iraq War, as well as some to protest the government’s treatment of Bradley Manning, the alleged Wikileaks whistleblower. Our good friend and fellow progressive radio host Mike Malloy not only attended both of these protests, but managed to get arrested, and he spoke with Ring of Fire’s Sam Seder recently about the events that transpired over that weekend.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• David Dayen from firedoglake News on the Mortgage Deal [04•04•11]
• Joseph Stiglitz's Vanity Fair Story On Income Disparity [04•05•11]
• Live from Madison, Ruth Conniff of The Progressive on the Wisconsin
MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityreport.official.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report: Virtual Pigs Eat Dirty Cash
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report: World banks run on cocaine cash
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report: Cocaine Makes World Go Round We interview James Howard Kunstler.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS  The Truth About Markets – 02 April 2011 Download mp3 HERE
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS  The Truth About Markets – 09 April 2011 Download mp3 HERE Donations to ResonanceFM here.
• ON THE EDGE [OTE104] On the Edge with Ellen Brown We interview Ellen Brown.
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Ray McGovern April 7, 2011: Ray McGovern, member of Veterans For Peace and former senior analyst at the CIA, discusses why Khalid Sheikh Mohammed’s military tribunal may hide 9/11 motives; contesting the “they attacked us for our freedom” explanation for 9/11; evidence from Dick Cheney and the 9/11 Commission that unconditional US support for Israel motivates terrorism; the Washington Post’s revisionist interpretation of KSM’s motivation as a response to negative personal experiences in America; and the real reason Congress is dead-set against federal trials for 9/11 plotters: the ensuing national news coverage connecting the dots between US foreign policy, support for Israel and terrorism.
• Peter HartApril 9, 2011: Peter Hart, activism director at Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting (FAIR), discusses his article “Is There Really a Goldstone ‘Retraction’?” about the media spin-machine working to wipe any traces of Israeli war crimes in Gaza from the minds of Americans; Richard Goldstone’s minor quibbles with the Goldstone Report‘s conclusions, expressed in his Washington Post op-ed, that amount to questioning the existence of a high-level Israeli official policy of intentionally killing civilians (based on information provided by the Israeli military’s self-investigation); the significant (and seemingly effective) pressure from Israel supporters brought to bear on Goldstone; and the report’s significant evidence of Israeli war crimes that remains unchallenged – including targeting civilian infrastructure and using white phosphorous.
• Gareth Porter April 9, 2011: Gareth Porter, independent historian and journalist for IPS News, discusses the internal political pressures on Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki that may prevent him from inviting the US military to stay past 2011; how Obama has joined the Pentagon’s attempt to subvert the Status of Forces Agreement; how Moqtada al-Sadr’s influence may tie Maliki’s hands – whereby acquiescing to US wishes could very well cost him his job; the popular Iraqi outrage about Saudi Arabia’s brutal repression of Bahrain’s Shia majority and its longstanding financial support of militant Iraqi Sunni groups; the possibility of a regional conflagration along religious lines, pitting Iran against Saudi Arabia; and why Iraq’s military – which has close ties with the US military – wants the troop extension and might attempt a coup to make it happen.
• Adam Morrow April 9, 2011: Adam Morrow, journalist with IPS News, discusses the divide on Egypt’s March referendum, split along religious lines; the economic crisis that sparked the revolution, and the many other grievances that sustain it; and the upcoming parliamentary and presidential polls that, if conducted fairly, will finally give Egyptians a representative government.
Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• David Plouffe, White House Senior Adviser
• Rep. Eric Cantor, (R) Virginia / Majority Leader
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml