Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below!
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Brick TeeVee Mixed Bag Sunday! Following up on last week's Media Watch Update we begin with a new investigation by the news website truth-out.org. But it seems their website has been hacked and several items were missing earlier in the week. The website is completely down at the time of this writing but we found a copy of the story by Andrew Kennis
Mainstream Coverage of WikiLeaks Has Fallen Far Short at Wikileaks Australian Citizens Alliance: Four major leaks, which included one harrowing video and a trove of classified military documents released by the online whistleblowing site, WikiLeaks, revealed these troubling instances and much more. Secret internal communications and documents displayed actions that stood in stark contrast to past US public proclamations on important foreign policies. Through interviews with Truthout, experts and members of the public interest community characterized news media coverage of WikiLeaks as being poor, inadequate and more akin to soap opera-ish tabloid coverage rather than serious journalism assessing revelations of US foreign policy abuses. When news coverage was more serious, a friendly frame of reference to successive US administrations was often used, with concerns about the standing of US diplomacy – not its revealed disregard for democratic values – taking front and center. ... Relevant questions should be raised about US news media coverage and its responsibility in delivering information to help the populace – both in the US and beyond – settle these controversial topics. What were the most important revelations published by WikiLeaks and their significance as a whole? How have the news media addressed these questions? A detailed investigation by Truthout into news media coverage was undertaken to assess media coverage. All leading and major US-based press sources were reviewed, as well as coverage appearing on ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, CNN and MSNBC. Analyses revealed that reporting generally fell sharply in line with stances taken by government officials, as most accounts deemed that WikiLeaks did not reveal anything new and was only important to the extent that it impacted administration priorities. US-based news media manifested greater interest in the details and intrigues behind sex allegations against Assange, as well as personalized accounts of him. More attention was also given toward what could be learned about non-US countries, as opposed to US policies and the stances of US diplomats. We urge you to read the entire essay for the sordid "Soap Opera Coverage" the U.S. media has used to discredit wikileaks. And maybe drop some sofa change on truth-out.org when their site comes back to help pay for their new server. One example of the right wing media machine rewriting history comes from one of the players involved in a hidden CIA conspiracy. Media Matters caught this whopper:
Oliver North(!) Is Angry That Obama Didn't Get Congress' Approval On Libya: Fox News' Oliver North took to the airwaves to complain that President Obama didn't seek congressional authorization before intervening in Libya. "Quite frankly, it's unparalleled in my entire experience in the military going all the way back to the 1960s," North complained. "Every president has gone to the Congress to get a resolution to support whatever it is he wanted to do. And [Obama] doesn't ask the Congress because he doesn't know what he wants to do." People whose memories extend further back than the start of the Obama administration might find North's statement a bit surprising. They might, for instance, remember that back when North was a Marine colonel serving in President Reagan's White House, he helped run a secret -- and illegal -- operation to sell weapons to Iran (in an ill-conceived effort to win the release of American hostages there) while using the proceeds to support the Contra rebels in Nicaragua. Beyond simply not authorizing the scheme, Congress had explicitly prohibited it. Video at link plus "Here's how independent counsel Lawrence Walsh described the Reagan administration's violations of U.S. law and efforts to "deceive Congress" in the Iran-Contra Scandal." Meanwhile in Libya NATO takes over air operations as CIA works the ground in Libya (CNN wire staff via KAJ18.com) The United States does have CIA personnel on the ground. A U.S. intelligence source said the CIA is operating in the country to help increase U.S. "military and political understanding" of the situation. "Yes, we are gathering intel firsthand and we are in contact with some opposition entities," the source told CNN. A former counterterrorism official with knowledge of U.S. Libya policy said there is a presidential finding authorizing the CIA to conduct operations in support of U.S. policy in Libya, including assessing the opposition and determining their needs. Specific activities by CIA officers will be determined by conditions on the ground and would need further approval from the White House, the source said. Presidential findings are a type of secret order authorizing some covert intelligence operations. (Hello? Oliver North? -Ed.) The CIA has had a presence in Libya for some time, a U.S. official told CNN earlier this month. "The intelligence community is aggressively pursuing information on the ground," the official said. The CIA sent additional personnel to Libya to augment officers on the ground after the anti-government protests erupted, the official said, without giving details. What's not mentioned is that the U.S. provides more than a quarter of NATO's funding so how much "control" did the U.S. really give up? But just as in Iraq and Afghanistan the alleged super-duper "precision air strikes" Rummy, Gates, Mullen and other Men of War brag about seem to continue their wayward ways. From UPI NATO kills free-shooting Libyan rebels. Oops. Meanwhile back in Fukushima Japan the situation is grave at the crippled Dai-Ichi nuclear plant but the news from there has dropped to a trickle. We still recommend Japan Earthquake LIVE blog after the Reuters live blog seemed to have been taken over by minders and sock puppets. Also see EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: Latest Satellite Imagery From Fukushima Tells Sobering Tale by Chris Martenson from Friday, April 1, 2011 (h/t msgeaux):
Noting that the press has largely turned its resources off of the Fukushima complex, and needing up-to-date information on the status of the damage control efforts there, we secured the most up-to-date satellite photo from DigitalGlobe (dated March 31st), which we analyze below. This is the first photo of the damaged reactor site at Japan's Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear facility made available to the public in over a week. That means you, our readers, are the first public eyes anywhere to see this photo. Drawing upon the expertise of our resident nuclear engineer and Ann Stringer, imaging expert, we conclude that the situation at Fukushima is not stabilized: things are not yet at a place of steady progress in the containment and clean-up efforts. It's still a dance, forwards and backwards, with the workers making gains here and there but the situation forcing them to react defensively all too often. In this report, we will tell you what we know for sure, what we are nearly certain of, and what we remain forced to speculate about. ... We don't yet know enough to conclude how much fission has spontaneously re-occurred, but we have strong suspicions that the number is higher than zero. Here we make our call for the release of more complete and timely radiation readouts and sampling results by TEPCO and Japan so that we can assess what the true risks are. The situation remains fluid and quite a lot depends now on chance and which way the wind blows. Here at the BTV compound we find out Traces Of Radiation From Japan Detected In Cleveland (ideastream.org): Since the calamity at the Fukushima Daiichi plant, Iodine 131 has been detected in rainwater on both US coasts, as well as Colorado and inland Pennsylvania. Case Western Reserve Geology Professor Gerald Mattisoff says the level of radiation poses no health threat. “My estimate is that it’s about 10 percent of the amount of radioactivity that we see normally in the rain anyway,” he says. “So it’s just a slightly elevated above the natural level that we normally measure. But there’s still the concern because this is still an ongoing problem in Japan. They have not solved that problem yet.” Geez Professor! Ya think? We feel safer already (not). David Cay Johnston posts at tax.com Tax Revenues: Awful, Any Way You Look at the Numbers: When society is in the midst of major economic and policy changes, the alligators in the swamp keep us focused on the immediate, so we don't notice as the water slowly rises or drains away. But we now have so much evidence showing the trend in tax revenues, and the incomes on which they rely, that the awful facts should be obvious. ... And why is it that while private sector workers have had their benefits cut, their pay constrained, and their off-books hours increased, public sector workers have not suffered those abuses? Because public sector workers are more likely to be in unions than private sector workers, obviously. ...As compensation falls for workers without unions, the government gets less revenue. Not only do individual workers make less, the government gets less revenue, which means reduced services and cuts in things like public healthcare and education that reinforce the damage. Add in all the costs we used to cover through taxes and now treat partly or entirely as fees, and the picture gets worse. ... Remember how the Republicans, when they took control of the House last fall, said it would be all about jobs? Nearly three months have passed, but no action on jobs except for spending cuts that Goldman Sachs, Moody's, and others known for their love of money and economic growth say will destroy jobs and damage the whole economy. We did, however, get a proposal that would require anyone audited by the IRS to tell if she had an abortion. So much for the Republican promise of less government intrusion into our lives. When will we get to jobs? It is jobs that produce revenue, and well-paying jobs produce more sales and more tax revenue. How hard is it for us to grasp this? ... America does not need another tax cut. What we need are smart politicians who will talk about what we spend our money on, not the false promise that lower taxes will bring widespread prosperity. We tried that. And even when you cherry-pick the data to favor the proponents, the evidence shows their policies failed. Please read the whole essay for full effect. We now turn to lambert @ corrente (h/t jen) The 1% dissolution
Great article from Stiglitz, not that any of Vanity Fair's readers will listen. He concludes:
Alexis de Tocqueville once described what he saw as a chief part of the peculiar genius of American society—something he called “self-interest properly understood.” The last two words were the key. Everyone possesses self-interest in a narrow sense: I want what’s good for me right now! Self-interest “properly understood” is different. It means appreciating that paying attention to everyone else’s self-interest—in other words, the common welfare—is in fact a precondition for one’s own ultimate well-being. Tocqueville was not suggesting that there was anything noble or idealistic about this outlook—in fact, he was suggesting the opposite. It was a mark of American pragmatism. Those canny Americans understood a basic fact: looking out for the other guy isn’t just good for the soul—it’s good for business. The top 1 percent have the best houses, the best educations, the best doctors, and the best lifestyles, but there is one thing that money doesn’t seem to have bought: an understanding that their fate is bound up with how the other 99 percent live. Throughout history, this is something that the top 1 percent eventually do learn. Too late. Yep. So we have THAT to look forward to as reptillian guvnors eat unions and give taxpayer dollars to their crony capitalists across the country. To top it off
Jamie Dimon “I Wouldn’t Panic About What I’m About To Say..." by Tyler Durden @ zerohedge (another h/t msgeaux)Reports Bloomberg: "JPMorgan Chase & Co. (JPM) Chief Executive Officer Jamie Dimon said some municipalities will need to renegotiate their debt and that hundreds of them may “not make it.” “I wouldn’t panic about what I’m about to say,” he said today at a U.S. Chamber of Commerce event in Washington. “You’re going to see some municipalities not make it. I don’t think it’s going to shatter America, I just think it’s a part of the credit cycle." Precisely: and it is precisely the part that JP Morgan comes in and offers sale leaseback offers to said munis, and other ingenious financial solutions that see munis selling their assets to the bank which after the Fed, has the biggest balance sheet, and can thus offer to engage in some even more creative asset-liability mismatch. Also explains why unlike Meredith, Jamie will not only not be asked to come in and testify to congress over his abrasive observations of an insolvent American reality, but will be lauded as a hero as he will provide funding to buy insolvent municipalities a year or two of time, which upon expiration will see Jamie end up with even more assets formerly belong to taxpayers, but by then everyone in the current District of Corruption cadre will be long gone with their part of the spoils. And so the "credit cycle" turns. Are you surprised? Dimon and the rest of the Top 1% have no clue. And it will turn out badly for all their Flat-Earther "free market" wunderkind cheer-leaders and co-conspirators. Of course the six-figure Beltway Bubalas will continue to baffle their viewers and the citizenry. Catch PAUL KRUGMAN on This Anampout where he tells GEORGE WILL his "trickle down" theory is getting his pants wet, not "raising all boats". The rest of the crazies are below but look for JEREMY SCAHILL at DN and AntiWar Radio, KUCINICH on DN, RON PAUL on AntiWar Radio, KEVIN DRUM on Ring of Fire Radio discussing his latest essay for Mother Jones Politics of the Rich, By the Rich, For the Rich and Peter B. interviews Our Man in Pipelineistan PEPE ESCOBAR. Click on anything below and be instantly smarter! The Brick TeeVee crew has been STAYING INDOORS all week as the Fukushima radioactive cloud has made it to the Heartland. From our observations most people HAVE NO IDEA of the scope and long-term consequences of the failed Dai-Ichi nuclear power plant. Max has some great links you should check out, too. The young Tribe has taken it on the chin losing 15-10 in the opener and followed by another 8-3 loss on Saturday. ERA's for both clubs are astronomical but remember there's 160 games to go! And we welcomed back long-time Cavs Radio Voice NBA hall-of-famer JOE TAIT back to the booth after his long recovery from triple quadrupal quintuple heart surgery. Joe is not cleared to travel but will broadcast the remaining Cavs home games. Joe Tait has worked Cavs games on the radio for the better part of 30 years and broadcast the games SOLO all these years. When asked about what his first on-air broadcast partner Jim Chones should do Tait quipped, "Just shut up." Joe Tait, the Voice of the Cavaliers, will retire after his broadcast of the Cavs-Wizards game on April 13th. Thank you Joe for all these years of Cavs games broadcasting! Mark our words: there will NEVER be another pro sports radio broadcaster who works SOLO again. Ever. The bar has been set. Thanks Joe! Well done! Enjoy yer Sunday and the coming week!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
JAPAN IN CRISIS JAPAN IN CRISIS Democracy Now! reports on the disaster in Japan following a massive 9.0-magnitude earthquake and tsunami and the resulting nuclear crisis.
»»» British journalist Johann Hari and Allison Kilkenny of Citizen Radio @ DEMOCRACY NOW! WATCH NOW “This is Economic Treason”: 500,000 March in London Protesting Public Spending Cuts and Corporate Tax Dodgers March 28, 2011
»»» University of Michigan Professor Juan Cole & University of Trinity Professor Vijay Prashad @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW A Debate on U.S. Military Intervention in Libya: Juan Cole v. Vijay Prashad March 29, 2011
»»» British journalist George Monbiot and Dr. Helen Caldicott @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW "Prescription for Survival": A Debate on the Future of Nuclear Energy Between Anti-Coal Advocate George Monbiot and Anti-Nuclear Activist Dr. Helen Caldicott March 30, 2011
»»» Sharif Abdel Kouddous @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Sharif Abdel Kouddous Transitions from Democracy Now! Senior Producer to Middle East Correspondent Democracy Now! bids a fond farewell to Sharif Abdel Kouddous, our senior news producer for the past eight years. Kouddous joined Democracy Now! in 2003 just as the United States invaded Iraq. He was soon covering Iraq and then returned to produce the daily show, traveling to New Orleans in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, to the climate change conferences in Copenhagen, Bolivia and Cancún, and together with Amy Goodman to Haiti to cover the return of former Haitian President Jean-Bertrand Aristide just weeks ago. During the popular uprising in Egypt, Kouddous became the eyes and ears of Cairo’s Tahrir Square as he reported throughout the uprising. Kouddous is heading home to Egypt and will continue his work reporting as a Democracy Now! correspondent. March 30, 2011
»»» Independent journalist Jeremy Scahill & Ex-DIA analyst Joshua Foust @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Jeremy Scahill and Ex-DIA Analyst Joshua Foust on "The Dangerous U.S. Game in Yemen" & CIA Ops in Libya March 31, 2011
»»» Former Wal-Mart manager and plaintiff Stephanie Odle & the workers’ attorney Joseph Sellers. @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Supreme Court Weighs Massive Lawsuit Accusing Retail Giant Wal-Mart for Sexual Discrimination Against Female Workers March 31, 2011
»»» Rep. Dennis Kucinich @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Rep. Kucinich: Lack of Congressional Approval Could Make Obama’s Libya Attack "Impeachable Offense" April 1, 2011
»»» More Dennis @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Democrats Vow to Seek Public Referendum as Ohio Enacts Anti-Union Bill April 1, 2011
»»» The Nation's Ari Berman @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Shunning Grassroots that Propelled ’08 Election, Obama Turns to Corporate Insider, Anti-Public Option Campaign Manager Jim Messina April 1, 2011
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW @ GRITtv WATCH Karen Finley: The Reality Shows
»»» Mary Gerisch of the Health Care is a Human Right campaign of the Vermont Workers Center @ GRITtv Mary Gerisch: Universal Health Care for Vermont
»»» Danny Glover Danny Glover: World’s Workers Fighting Back
»»» Openline Media @ GRITtv People Power for Schools in San Francisco
»»» 15 biggest lies about the economy, ALEC and more.. @ GRITtv Dorian Warren, Josh Holland and No-Fly Zone in Arizona
»»» The F Word @ GRITtv The F Word: Bring the No-Fly Zone Home to Arizona
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Finals on CBS Monday! BUTLER Bulldogs & UCONN Huskies!
»»» NASCAR on FOX Goody's Fast Relief 500 @ Martinsville! 1 pm et
»»» NBA on TNT Doubleheader Thursday! Celtics @ Bulls 8:00 pm then Blazers @ Jazz 10:30 pm
»»» MLB on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball returns! World Champs Giants @ Dodgers! 8 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org UPDATE! Frontline Ignores Most Embarrassing “Cause” of WikiLeaks Leak & PJ Crowley Explains Why Manning’s Treatment Is Ridiculous, Counterproductive, and Stupid by emptywheel
NATIONAL CONFERENCE FOR MEDIA REFORM APRIL 8-10 BOSTONNCMR 2011 BOSTON The conference is your chance to meet, share ideas with and be inspired by thousands of people who care about the future of media, technology and democracy. You’ll join activists, media makers, educators, journalists, artists and policymakers in sessions about journalism and public media; technology and innovation; policy and politics; arts and culture; social justice and movement building; plus how-to workshops and hands-on trainings. You’ll see creative, courageous and conscientious films and meet with writers during book signings. And of course, you won’t want to miss the parties. There's no other event like the National Conference for Media Reform. It's simply the biggest conference about media reform, media policy and media activism in the country. On April 8 -10, 2011, we'll be focusing on the intersection of media and democracy, exploring the future of journalism and public media, debating the core technologies and politics shaping media policy, and discussing strategies, actions and movement-building techniques for better media. Register HERE!
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackeberries, Droid and other phonesto help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. The T.J. Martell Foundation is the music industry's largest foundation funding cutting edge medical research focused on finding cures for leukemia, cancer and AIDS. The Foundation sources and supports early-stage research projects aimed at developing more effective treatments for patients which otherwise might not be funded. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,441 US Military Dead as of April 1, 2011
AFGHANISTAN: 1,521 US Military Dead as of April 1, 2011
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour - JAKE TAPPER sits in
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. See Politifact Statements ABC News 'This Week'
• Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y.
• Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala.
• General Jim Jones, Ret.
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Krugman of the New York Times, Republican political strategist and former Pentagon spokesperson Torie Clark and David Ignatius of the Washington Post
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev.
• Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Next Housing Shock - As more and more Americans face mortgage foreclosure, banks' crucial ownership documents for the properties are often unclear and are sometimes even bogus - a condition that's causing lawsuits and hampering an already weak housing market. Scott Pelley reports. Robert Anderson and Daniel Ruetenik are the producers.
• Gospel for Teens - Lesley Stahl spends a year following the inspirational leader of a gospel music program for teenagers in Harlem and her students as they learn to sing this original American art form and build the confidence and character it inspires. Shari Finkelstein is the producer. THIS IS A DOUBLE-LENGTH SEGMENT
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish. See their website MeetTheFacts.com updating soon!
• Assistant Majority Leader Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL),
• Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, Rep. Mike Rogers (R-MI)
• ROUNDTABLE: president of the National Urban League, Marc Morial; Republican strategist and columnist for TIME Magazine, Mike Murphy; columnist for the Washington Post, EJ Dionne; presidential historian, Doris Kearns Goodwin; and the chairman of IHS Cambridge Energy Research Associates and Pulitzer Prize-winning author, Daniel Yergin.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Gen. James Jones (Ret.)
• Texas Sen. John Cornyn (R)
• Virginia Sen. Mark Warner (D)
• CNN contributors Donna Brazile and Bill Bennett
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
• PRAYER MEETIN' WEDNESDAY!!!!!! Uber Pope Bob lets the Christian Hypocrites have it! Listen HERE (mp3)!
Amen to White Rose Society! Donate HERE!
- NEW! GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - March 31, 2011 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Obama's 'new' blueprint for energy security --- not so 'new' after all; Offshore drilling --- not actually 'safer' after all; US falls further behind in the global clean energy race; PLUS: The 'Chernobyl Option' for Japan's nuclear reactors at Fukushima, as radiation continues to spike and spread ... All those disasters and more in today's Green News Report! IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): US energy efficiency gains eclipsed by new gadgets; Dead dolphins confiscated from Gulf scientists; PA enviro chief to personally approve violation citations; PA's gas drilling commission stacked with industry; Lose the 'smart' meter, but it'll cost ya; Packaged foods raise levels of BPA; Organic farmers sue Monsanto; Aircraft contrails impact climate change; Joshua Tree NP escapes nearby landfill threat; CA approves nation's strongest clean energy standard; Student's Solarball creates drinkable water ... PLUS: At least he's honest: Pawlenty Admits 'Every One Of Us' Running For President Has Flip-Flopped On Climate Change ....
Links to STORIES DISCUSSED IN TODAY'S 'GREEN NEWS REPORT' at Green News Report! Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Live! Weekly on KGO PBC Live! Weekly on KGO Your humble host has been remiss in keeping you apprised of his other media activities. Since February, I’ve been hosting a regular weekly show on KGO, the leading San Francisco talk station with a huge coverage area–at night, you can hear it anywhere on the West Coast. TFN (till further notice), you can hear me every Friday night–or, more precisely, Saturday morning, from 1-5 am (PDT) on 810-AM or streaming at www.kgoradio.com. If you’d like to be alerted each week, sign up on Facebook as a fan of “Peter B. Collins Show” or you can follow me on Twitter, @pbcsf
• PBC Podcast 232 Two Strong Views on Obama’s Libya Adventure: Pepe Escobar and Robert Parry Pepe Escobar of Asia Times and Robert Parry of Consortiumnews offer critical views of the military action against Libya.
• PBC Podcast 231 Jason Leopold: Important New Revelations of Origins of Bush Torture Program; Will Durst on “No Fly Zones” Investigative reporter Jason Leopold reveals how a CIA psychologist led the reverse engineering of US military training of our troops to resist torture–creating the BushCo “enhanced interrogation techniques” used at Guantanamo and elsewhere; Will Durst comments on the new “no fly zone” over Libya.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! April 1, 2010
• Stepping into the Ring of Fire this week: blogger and author Chauncey DeVega will be here to tell us about a spooky character named Herman Cain, who the Tea Party is using to help bolster their credentials with African Americans.
• Kevin Drum from Mother Jones magazine will tell us why politicians care more about the top 1% of Americans than those who make up America’s middle class.
• Author and radio host David Sirota will stop by to talk about his new back “Back to Our Future: How the 1980s Explain the World We Live In Now.”
• And we’ll talk with political satirist Matt Filipowicz about Donald Trump’s birtherism, and whether or not that’s going to help him rise to the top of the GOP’s ticket in 2012.
• You Can Listen to Ring of Fire on These Stations HERE.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: The Alternative Reality of the Koch Brothers When you’ve got billions of dollars and have been surrounded by “yes men” your entire life, it isn’t difficult to lose touch with reality. And as Mike Papantonio points out on The Ed Schultz Show, that is exactly what has happened to the Koch Brothers.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Conservatives Want to Drill Our Way to Energy Independence In spite of last year’s oil geyser in the Gulf of Mexico, conservatives are pushing harder and harder for Obama to let them drill for oil in American waters, and basically anywhere else in the country where they think they can get an ounce of oil. But as Mike Papantonio points out on Fox Business’s Follow The Money, we will never be energy independent if we don’t invest in renewables.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: There’s Nothing Patriotic About a Corporation By not paying taxes, corporations prove that they don’t care about America. Sure, they want to use our roads, police, fire departments, and teachers, but when it comes to paying for these things, it’s the middle class that gets left with the bill.orker was making less than $20 an hour. Mike Papantonio appears on Fox Business’s Follow The Money to discuss the issue.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Koch Bros. – The More We Know You, The Less We Like You The Koch boys have been raised as billionaire royalty their entire lives. If you take a close look at their lives, it almost looks like a scene out of The Truman Show, where daddy and mommy and everyone surrounding them – The butlers, the private teachers, the chauffeurs – have them living in a delusional world – an alternative reality – since the time they were small children. So now they are genuinely surprised, and I believe possibly even embarrassed, when the real world – the rest of the world – the world outside the lifelong servants and yes men and their other billionaire friends – the rest of the world – you and me – hold a mirror up to their faces and force them to look at who they really are.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• Janeane Garofalo on our 7th Anniversary Show [03•31•11]
• Live Update from Japan with Wes Cheek [03•29•11]
• Live Update from Japan with Wes Cheek [03•30•11]
• Live Update from Japan with Wes Cheek [03•31•11]
MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityreport.official.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• Goldman cashes in monkey excrement at the Fed by maxkeiser READ How The Fed Gave Goldman Millions In Exchange For Defaulted Bond Collateral @ zerohedge
• Price controls, cartels, and the collapse of price discovery by maxkeiser READ Ben Davies – Gold Will Advance $400 on Price Discovery AND podcast: Eric King talks to Ben Davies @ kingworldnews.com
• VIDEO! Peter Schiff on jobs, rates and faux counterfeiters – watch the second vid – and then buy MORE SILVER by maxkeiser
• Matt Taibbi: Raise your hand if you knew that the United States has been extending billions of dollars in aid to Qaddafi and to the Central Bank of Libya by maxkeiser READ Why is the Fed Bailing Out Qaddafi? @ rollingstone.com
•Another Friday, another revolution by maxkeiser READ Ivory Coast rebels seize state TV, control Ggagbo palace @ bloomberg.com
• “In other words, recent horrendously planned attempts to cool the reactor by pumping water on it may well scuttle the Plan Z option of entombing the reactor. And if that doesn’t work, then Japan is straight out of plans.” by maxkeiser READ Attempt To Pour Concrete On Fukushima Pit Crack Generating 1 Sievert/Hour Fails; New Unmanned Drone Photos Of Reactors @ zerohedge.com
• VIDEO! SOS from Mayor of Minami Soma City, next to the crippled Fukushima nuclear power plant, Japan by maxkeiser
• VIDEO! Inside Story: UK march for an alternative by maxkeiser
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report: Supermassive 30 billion black hole
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report: Freedom Fighters vs Corrupt Corps
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report: Food Stamp Army We interview Dmitry Orlov
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS  The Truth About Markets – 26 March 2011 Download mp3 HERE Donations to ResonanceFM here.
• ON THE EDGE [OTE103] On the Edge with Rick Ackerman We interview Rick Ackerman.
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Philip Giraldi March 31, 2011: Former CIA officer Philip Giraldi discusses how (relatively) peaceful and quick Arab uprisings make Al Qaeda’s brand of violent revolution even less appealing; the slippery slope of interventions started with Libya, where there is no logical stopping point (why not Iran, Syria, Yemen, Bahrain, etc.); blaming Iran for all the popular uprisings against US-allied dictators; and efforts to reassert US influence in Egypt, especially regarding continued cooperation with Israel on Gaza.
• Jeremy Scahill March 31, 2011: Jeremy Scahill, author of Blackwater: The Rise of the World’s Most Powerful Mercenary Army, discusses his article “The Dangerous US Game in Yemen;“ the in-country CIA and JSOC covert agents who might have to relocate for a while; how President Saleh’s alliance with Saudi Arabia against his Shiite minority could prompt Iran to take protective action of their coreligionists; Yemen’s impoverishment and many long-term economic problems; the post-9/11 ultimatum (similar to Musharraf’s) that convinced Saleh to cooperate with the US war on terror; the big bucks given to Saleh by Saudi Arabia and the US, supposedly for fighting Al Qaeda, that instead is used to kill his political rivals; Obama’s continuation of the Bush administration’s worst offenses; Jeremy taking Ed Schultz to task on MSNBC (to skip the sanctimonious monologue, go to the 10:00 mark); and the New Yorker’s account of the Libyan rebels – essentially 1000 trained soldiers fighting against a real army.
• Karen Greenberg April 2, 2011: Karen Greenberg, executive director of the New York University Center on Law and Security, discusses her TomDispatch article, America’s Growing Intolerance: How ‘Enemy Creep’ Is Guantanamo-izing America; the mainstream American pastime of reviling Muslims and misunderstanding jihad; calling out intolerance to correct misplaced blame, not to scold politically incorrect speech; why “humanitarianism” and “democracy” are just words that give the US a blank check for militarism; and a federal judge’s effective endorsement of torture during the sentencing of Ahmed Ghailani, who was convicted on 1 of 284 counts related to the 1998 Africa embassy bombings.
• Rep. Ron Paul April 2, 2011: Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX), author of Liberty Defined: 50 Essential Issues That Affect Our Freedom, discusses the slow escalation and deepening US commitment in Libya; why Hillary Clinton and the rest of the Obama administration, not Congress, ultimately control the government’s purse-strings; and how a failed impeachment vote (and it would definitely fail) on Obama’s unconstitutional war in Libya would effectively empower him further.
Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Rep. Paul Ryan, (R) Wisconsin / Chairman, Budget Committee
• Sen. Marco Rubio, (R) Florida
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml