Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below!
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
The John Gault Ayn Rand Insanity We begin this week with a shocking story by Mark Ames at AlterNet.org Ayn Rand, Hugely Popular Author and Inspiration to Right-Wing Leaders, Was a Big Admirer of Serial Killer Her works are treated as gospel by right-wing powerhouses like Alan Greenspan and Clarence Thomas, but Ayn Rand found early inspiration in 1920's murderer William Hickman. (NOTE: very graphic!) Skipping past the most disturbing passages... The fear that some felt at the time was that these philosophers' dangerous, yet nuanced ideas would fall into the hands of lesser minds, who would bastardize Nietzsche and Schopenhauer and poison the rest of us. This aptly describes Ayn Rand, whose philosophy developed out of her admiration for "Supermen" like Hickman. Rand's philosophy can be summed up by the title of one of her best-known books: The Virtue of Selfishness. She argues that all selfishness is a moral good, and all altruism is a moral evil, even "moral cannibalism," to use her words. To her, those who aren't like-minded sociopaths are "parasites," "lice" and "looters." But with Rand, there's something more pathological at work. She's out to make the world more sociopath-friendly so that people her hero William Hickman can reach their full potential, not held back by the morality of the "weak," whom Rand despised. Rand and her followers clearly got off on hating and bashing those they perceived as weak. This is exactly the sort of sadism that Rand's hero, Hickman, would have appreciated. What's really unsettling is that even former Central Bank chief Alan Greenspan, whose relationship with Rand dated back to the 1950s, did some parasite-bashing of his own. In response to a 1958 New York Times book review slamming Atlas Shrugged, Greenspan, defending his mentor, published a letter to the editor that ends: "Parasites who persistently avoid either purpose or reason perish as they should. Alan Greenspan." HA! "The Oracle" back in '58 cribbed that quote directly from "Atlas Shrugged". These are scary dangerous powerful people! Read more at Michael Prescott's website Romancing the Stone-Cold Killer: Ayn Rand and William Hickman. We urge you to read both. Very disturbing. And yes it's the same Alan Greenspan -- Stopped Clock of the U.S. Economy. Terrance Heath at HuffPoBusiness wrote back on 3 Aug 2010 Even a stopped clock, the saying goes, is right twice a day. Taken figuratively, it means that even the people who have been most disastrously, abysmally wrong can occasionally get something damn near right. In that sense, former Fed chairman Alan Greenspan may be well on his way to being the stopped clock of the American Economy. Greenspan's latest foray into mainstream media relevance is an interesting departure from conservative messaging on economic matters. The oracle apparently has more to say, this time on extending the Bush tax cuts.
Former Fed Chairman Alan Greenspan said that the push by congressional Republicans to extend the Bush tax cuts without offsetting the costs elsewhere could end up being "disastrous" for the economy. In an interview on NBC's "Meet the Press," Greenspan expressed his disagreement with the conservative argument that tax cuts essentially pay for themselves by generating revenue and productivity among recipients.
"They do not," said Greenspan. "I'm very much in favor of tax cuts but not with borrowed money and the problem that we have gotten into in recent years is spending programs with borrowed money, tax cuts with borrowed money," he said. "And at the end of the day that proves disastrous. My view is I don't think we can play subtle policy here." This is on the heels of a Bloomberg interview in which Greenspan said that he would end the Bush tax cuts, and Congress should do the same. [video] In fact, as Steven D. and Steve Benen point out, Greenspan may be stepping on conservative messaging, but in doing so can't avoid tripping over himself, circa 2001. ..... Does Alan Greenspan have any idea what he's talking about now? Did he then? If he were on trial, this might be the point at which a prosecuting attorney would ask "Which Alan Greenspan should we believe?" As progressive, I'm not inclined to believe either. And I'm even less inclined to hail Greenspan, however right he may be this time. After all, based on his record, he's been wrong most of the time, much like the aforementioned clock — which leads me to think he's either not wrong, right in the wrong way, or up to something. We'll go with "up to something". Editor and senior writer at AlterNet Joshua Holland points out another Atlas-Hickman psycho How the GOP Is Committing Political Suicide With Ryan's Extremist Budget Plan Believing their own spin, the GOP has dramatically over-reached since then, alienating swing voters as it pursues a profoundly reactionary agenda. We saw it at the state level – as Talking-Points Memo noted, “Wisconsin's Scott Walker (R), Ohio's John Kasich (R), and Michigan's Rick Snyder (R) have seen their approval ratings fall to the point that polls show them losing hypothetical do-over elections with the candidates they beat last year” – and now it's beginning to show in the national polls. Last week, a Public Policy Polling survey revealed that those “fickle independents” who sent the Tea Party Congress to Washington “are turning against the GOP in a big way” just a few short months later. “Exit polls showed Independents supporting the GOP by a 19-point margin last year at 56-37,” noted the pollsters. “Now only 30 percent of those voters think that the Republican-controlled House is moving things in the right direction, compared to 44 percent who think things were better with the Democrats.” In the real world, Republicans won last year's popular vote by a 3-point margin, getting 21.6 percent of the vote while 18.6 percent went for the Dems (and almost 60 percent stayed home). And another reality, long understood by anyone who reads the polls, is that while people respond positively to the idea of limited government in the abstract, when it comes to specifics people love big government and most, if not all of what it does. They want a government that will educate their children and put out forest fires and pay for their million-dollar cancer treatments and make sure that big chemical companies aren't poisoning their water and keep them from having to eat cat food after they've put in 50 years in the workforce.Now go read 'Emergency manager' has now taken over elected
officials...Elections? Doesn't matter anymore at abovetopsecret.com - filed under US POLITICAL MADNESS: Oh boy. Emergency manager cuts roles of Benton Harbor officials
(detroit news in italics) In a move believed to be the first under sweeping new state legislation, Emergency Manager Joseph Harris suspendeddecision-making powers of city officials Friday. This is it. This is now the FIRST USE of this new law... Elections don't matter anymore in Michigan. You can bet this is just the beginning.
The action is likely the first since Gov. Rick Snyder signed into law in March a new statute that grants more powers to emergency managers appointed by the Treasury Department to take over distressed schools and communities. At least one elected Benton Harbor official was sanguine about the order. "It doesn't bother me," said City Commissioner BryanJoseph. "I'm in favor of it." I'm in favor of it? "This is sad news for democracy in Michigan," said Mark Gaffney, president of the Michigan AFL-CIO. "With the stripping of all power of duly elected officials in Benton Harbor … we can now see the true nature of the emergency manager system." Well duh. Elections don't matter anymore. Not that they mattered before much... but still, with appointed officials taking over, YOU CANNOT REMOVE THEM... even if they screw up even more or openly steal money/are corrupt...And what's one of the powers they have? The new powers of emergency managers include setting aside collective bargaining. And guess what... it's not only in Benton Harbor that it is going on, but also in Ecorce and Pontiac. Emergency managers are in place at Detroit Public Schools and in the cities of Benton Harbor, Ecorse and Pontiac. OBVIOUS FASCISM HAS NOW ARRIVED. There are psychopaths everywhere! Certainly some sane people must step in sooner or later, right? How about the ACLU probes Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder's Emergency Financial Management Law's Origins, Seeks Info About Lobbyist Influence over at NewsVine.com and the ACLU of Michigan news release HERE. Robert Scheer at TruthDig.com outlines The New Corporate World Order where so many "randians" seem to coagulate.
...The loss of well-paying jobs at multinationals like GE to other nations—54 percent of the GE workforce is foreign—exacerbates the plight of U.S. consumers while making the foreign customers even more attractive. Of course it will be argued that multinational corporations have the right to arrange their business as they see fit in order to maximize profit. But if that is the case, do beleaguered American taxpayers have to foot the bill? When those corporations run into trouble overseas because of financial hustles or hostile locals and need the diplomatic and military might of the U.S. government to protect their interests abroad, it is again the U.S. taxpayer who must pay to maintain this new world order. It is an order, as we see with three current wars and a military budget that rivals Cold War highs, that is contributing mightily to the U.S. government debt. More than half of all discretionary spending, the dollars that the Republicans in Congress now want to take out of needed domestic programs, is accounted for by defense spending. That defense spending to support a massive network of military bases and deployed weapons and troops is key to establishing an order in which the interests of American corporations are attended to. If the companies don’t feel that way, let them operate under the flag of Liberia or the Cayman Islands. No less important than U.S. military muscle is the power of the American government to construct and enforce a worldwide trade and finance structure to the advantage of U.S.-based multinational corporations. That is why the companies spend so much money lobbying Congress on matters ranging from regional trade agreements to international banking regulations. It is precisely the impact of trade agreements like NAFTA that has facilitated the erosion of well-paying jobs. And it was the deregulation of international banking standards, led by the U.S. Treasury Department under the past five presidents, that created the conditions for the recent disastrous housing and banking meltdown. Big government, the devil that Republicans love to inveigh against, is big precisely because it is so active in so many costly ways in serving the interests of our biggest corporations. Corporate lobbyists attest with their every breath that big government and big business are bedmates in a bountiful venture that impoverishes the rest of us. It is time to admit that we are, in practice if not surface appearance, close to the Chinese communist model of state-sponsored capitalism that sacrifices the interests of ordinary workers, be they in the public or private sector, for the exorbitant profits of the superrich. All this time we've been harping about the crappy voting machines (see Bev Harris' rant TOWARD MORE EFFECTIVE APPROACHES (AND WHY HACKING DEMOs ARE NOW INSANITY) how we need to organize to get hand-counted paper ballots) and now it seems elections don't matter anymore when the STATE can FIRE your mayor and council and any damn one they want so they can implement even MORE "austerity measures". We don't see any happy ending to this story. And you can bet each and every one of the Reptiles in state houses across the land are just salivating. And (DINO) Guv Cuomo is doing a fine job hisself. Watch out for Guv Moonbeam, too! How long will challenges to these archaic laws take? And with Federalist Society card-holders running the judicial branch do those lawsuits even stand an ice cube's chance in hell of winning? So we mark the 1st Anniversary of the BP-Deepwater Horizon disaster with the Examiner's Human Rights reporter Deborah Dupre
Greenpeace proves BP controls Gulf oil research results They said it was safe Documents obtained under Freedom of Information Act by Greenpeace further prove BP officials' attempts to control findings from the $500m fund it pledged for independent research into consequences of the Gulf of Mexico oil catastrophe that reached its one-year anniversary Wednesday. This new evidence casts further doubts on Gulf oil related "research" reports that have appeared in mainstream media for almost 12 months, mostly dismissing genuine independent research proving that the dispersed oil is still in the Gulf, Gulf seafood is poisoned, and even a tiny amount of Corexit is poisonous.
New documents show that BP officials openly discussed how to influence scientists' work supported by the fund created by the oil company in May, a month after the Gulf well exploded last year according to the Guardian that reports:
Those concerns go far beyond academic interest into the impact of the spill. BP faces billions in fines and penalties, and possible criminal charges arising from the disaster. Its total liability will depend in part on a final account produced by scientists on how much oil entered the gulf from its blown-out well, and the damage done to marine life and coastal areas in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama. The oil company disputes the government estimate that 4.1m barrels of oil entered the gulf. ... It takes no science degree to correctly guess which [BP-funded] scientists have suggested "cold weather" is to blame for the die-off. On March 4th, Dupré reported in the article, "BP-funded scientists: Cold weather killed baby dolphins":
BP has been paying scientists, organizations and even bloggers some of its half billion dollars it is allocating for "science" reports. It is paying for 'research,' for the altruistic reason of learning how to make the Gulf whole again. Even informal research evidences a continuing public health crisis along the Gulf Coast. There's so much more to cover but we're up against a deadline! Rick Sanatorium, Crazy Train McCain, Joementum and Jefferson Beauregard Sessions seem to be the obvious brick target practice this week. See below for the corporomedia Beltway Bubalas navel-gazing guests (bet they won't mention Prof. Michel Chossudovsky OUR MAN IN TRIPOLI"In other words, the UN Security Council is in clear violation not only of the UN Charter but of its own resolutions. (The Al-Qaida and Taliban Sanctions Committee - 1267). ") HA! . And don't miss BOB KINCAID's Friday on the Front Porch explaining the fraud of Good Friday and the meaning of Easter! Go to White Rose Society and download the show HERE (mp3)! Have a great week!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
JAPAN IN CRISIS JAPAN IN CRISIS Democracy Now! reports on the disaster in Japan following a massive 9.0-magnitude earthquake and tsunami and the resulting nuclear crisis.
»»» Antonia Juhasz @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW "5 Million Barrels of Oil Does Not Disappear": Author, Activist Antonia Juhasz on the BP Spill, One Year Late April 18, 2011
»»» Phyllis Bennis @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Phyllis Bennis: U.K. Sends Troops into Libya as International Coalition Expands Mission to Include Regime Change April 19, 2011
»»» Longtime nuclear expert Arnie Gundersen @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW As Radiation Continues to Leak from Japan Nuke Plant, Owners of Vermont Yankee Plant Sue to Stay Open April 19, 2011
»»» April 20 1st Anniversary of Deepwater Horizon WATCH ENTIRE SHOW NOW Wednesday, April 20, 2011 Today marks the one-year anniversary of the worst maritime oil spill in U.S. history. Last year on April 20, the Deepwater Horizon rig, leased by oil giant BP, exploded in the Gulf of Mexico, killing 11 workers and releasing nearly 200 million gallons of oil, tens of millions of gallons of natural gas and 1.8 million gallons of other chemicals. A year later, how much has changed?
»»» Christina Larson, a contributing editor to Foreign Policy magazine @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Oscar-Nominated Director Tim Hetherington and Pulitzer Finalist Photojournalist Chris Hondros Killed on Front Lines of Libyan Conflict April 21, 2011 RELATED: ON-LINE EXCLUSIVE ‘Restrepo’ Director Tim Hetherington and Photojournalist Chris Hondros Killed While Reporting on Libyan Conflict in Misrata
»»» Mike Elk & Mark Ames @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Thought Control: Right-Wing Koch Brothers Caught Telling Thousands of Employees How to Vote The Nation magazine has revealed that Koch Industries sent a letter to most of its 50,000 employees on the eve of the November elections, advising them on whom to vote for and warning them of the dire consequences should they choose to vote otherwise. April 21, 2011
»»» Earth Day Special @ Democracy NOW! WATCH ENTIRE SHOW NOW Friday, April 22, 2011 with Maude Barlow and Vandana Shiva and Van Jones and Tim DeChristopher and Bill McKibben.
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW @ GRITtv WATCH East WillyB: Creating Socially Conscious Humor Online
»»» Community Video @ GRITtv MoveOn & Moby: Why 30,000 People are Fasting This is a moral issue; the budget is a moral document. We can take care of the deficit and rebuild our infrastructure and strengthen our safety net by reducing military spending and eliminating corporate subsidies and tax loopholes for the rich. Or...
»»» Mike Papantonio, Maude Barlow & Shannon Biggs Mike Papantonio, Maude Barlow & Shannon Biggs, and Investing at Home
»»» Mike Papantonio @ GRITtv Mike Papantonio: One Year Later, BP's Still Avoiding Responsibility
»»» Longtime environmental reporter Mark Hertsgaard Mark Hertsgaard: Surviving Generation Hot
»»» The F Word @ GRITtv The F Word: Demonizing Taxes, Heightening Inequality
»»» The F Word @ GRITtv The F Word: Citizens United Allowing Workplace Propaganda
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©!
»»» MLB on TBS Blue Jays @ Red Sox! 1:30 pm et
»»» Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN Reds @ Cardinals! 8 pm et
»»» Monday Night Baseball on ESPN White Sox @ Yankees! 7 pm et
»»» NBA PLAYOFFS First and second round coverage all week on TNT, ABC, ESPN and NBA-TV! Check yer local listings!
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org EMAIL UPDATE! Help us reach our goal of a half million by signing the petition, and passing it on. Add your name! AND Vote for Bradley in the 2011 Time Magazine 100 Poll here! UPDATE! From the The Law Offices of David E. Combs Why Was PFC Manning Moved to Fort Leavenworth? Like many others, the defense first learned of PFC Manning’s move to Fort Leavenworth, Kansas by reading that a government official, speaking on the condition of anonymity, leaked the information to the Associated Press. The defense was not officially notified of PFC Manning’s pending move until twenty minutes before the Pentagon’s press briefing. This is despite the fact that the Pentagon has “been thinking about this for a while.” Although the news of the move came as a surprise to the defense, the timing did not. Add your name to this petition Eminent US legal scholars protest 'torture' of Bradley Manning.
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackeberries, Droid and other phonesto help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. The T.J. Martell Foundation is the music industry's largest foundation funding cutting edge medical research focused on finding cures for leukemia, cancer and AIDS. The Foundation sources and supports early-stage research projects aimed at developing more effective treatments for patients which otherwise might not be funded. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,450 US Military Dead as of April 22, 2011
AFGHANISTAN: 1,544 US Military Dead as of April 22, 2011
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour - JAKE TAPPER sits in
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. See Politifact Statements ABC News 'This Week'
• evangelical leader Franklin Graham, leader of Samaritan's Purse and the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association
• Vy Higginsen who is resurrecting a community through song, teaching Gospel music to teens.
• "powerful performance" by The Gospel Teen Choir
• ROUNDTABLE: Cokie and Steve Roberts, the Rev. Al Sharpton, Richard Land of the Southern Baptist Convention, and Eboo Patel, founder of the Interfaith Youth Core.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Sen. Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn.
• Sen. Chris Coons, D-Del.
• Sen. Mark Kirk, R-Ill.,
• Rep. Tim Griffin, R-Ark.
• Rep. Joe Walsh, R-Ill.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• Mount Athos - Bob Simon steps back in time when he gets rare access to monks in ancient monasteries on a remote Greek peninsula who have lived a Spartan life of prayer in a tradition virtually unchanged for a thousand years. Cameras capture the monastic life, including chanting, prayers, rituals, and the priceless relics and icons from the Byzantine Empire stored on "The Holy Mountain," Mt. Athos. Harry Radliffe and Michael Karzis are the producers. (This is a double-length segment.)
• The Billionaire - Eli Broad sets the standard for philanthropy. He's given away over $2 billion and plans on leaving even more to charity before he dies. But along with the billionaire's name that most projects he funds must take, his advice and oftentimes his control are usually part of the deal. Morley Safer reports. Ruth Streeter is the producer
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory - This Sunday: 'Gang of Six' negotiators
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish. See their website MeetTheFacts.com updating soon!
• chairman of the Senate Budget Committee, Sen. Kent Conrad (D-ND)
• Sen. Tom Coburn (R-OK)
• Sen. John McCain (R-AZ)
• ROUNDTABLE: Columnist for the New York Times and author of the new book "The Social Animal," David Brooks; columnist for the Washington Post, Eugene Robinson; Republican strategist, Alex Castellanos; and former communications director for President Obama, Anita Dunn.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Sen. John McCain
• Sen. Joseph Lieberman
• Sen. Lindsey Graham.
• former NATO Supreme Allied Commander Gen. George Joulwan (Ret.)
• former Under Secretary of State Nicholas Burns
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
• FRONT PORCH GOOD FRIDAY!!!!!! Bob explains the origins of the fraud of Good Friday and Easter. Listen HERE (mp3)!
Amen to White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - April 21, 2011 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: It's hard to believe it's only been a year: Our not-at-all fond look back over 87 days of the BP Oil Disaster in the Gulf, and its aftermath ... PLUS: In honor of Earth Day, a message from the past about our shared future ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Google invests $100 million in OR wind; Massive fracking blowout at PA natural gas well; Big Break for Big Oil leads to larger burden for taxpayers; Watch Van Jones' inspiring keynote speech at Power Shift 2011; TX burning 'from border to border'; Chevron mines solar energy at mine waste dump; Report: poisonous chemicals injected into the ground; More than 3,200 Gulf wells unplugged; Charles Manson does his best to kill green credibility; Cape Wind approved to begin construction; Koch Industries Buying Ads To Refute News Stories; Supreme Court skeptical of allowing global-warming case to move forward ... PLUS: Hypocrisy: Rupert Murdoch is totally against the global warming he told you not to believe in ....Links to STORIES DISCUSSED IN TODAY'S 'GREEN NEWS REPORT' at Green News Report! Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Live! Weekly on KGO PBC Live! Weekly on KGO Your humble host has been remiss in keeping you apprised of his other media activities. Since February, I’ve been hosting a regular weekly show on KGO, the leading San Francisco talk station with a huge coverage area–at night, you can hear it anywhere on the West Coast. TFN (till further notice), you can hear me every Friday night–or, more precisely, Saturday morning, from 1-5 am (PDT) on 810-AM or streaming at www.kgoradio.com. If you’d like to be alerted each week, sign up on Facebook as a fan of “Peter B. Collins Show” or you can follow me on Twitter, @pbcsf
• PBC Podcast 239 David Swanson, Just Back from Afghanistan; Gary Chew Reviews “The Conspirator” David Swanson, activist and author of War is a Crime reports on his recent trip to Kabul and some interesting people he met; film reviewer Gary Chew on Robert Redford’s new flick about the Lincoln assasination.
• PBC Podcast 240 Boiling Frogs: Libertarian Dr. Tom Woods Dr. Tom Woods is our guest in the latest installment of the Boiling Frogs interview series, co-hosted with Sibel Edmonds.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! April 14, 2010
• Stepping into the Ring of Fire this week: author Chris Hedges will be joining us to discuss the deterioration of our media and our democracy, and why we need to fight back before both are lost forever.
• Investigative journalist Antonia Juhasz will be here to talk about the developments that have arisen since BP poisoned the Gulf of Mexico a year ago.
• We’ll also speak with author Brian Kahn about how greed and corruption became the standard for modern conservatives.
• Joshua Holland from Alternet will join us to talk about the disastrous budget plan that President Obama seems to be buying into.
• And comedian Matt Filipowicz will help us run through the biggest news stories of the week that the traditional media didn’t get right.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• Live From Vegas Peter Mougey Talks Obama, Financial Regulation & More [04•14•11]
• Slate Senior Editor Dahlia Lithwick on the Courts [04•12•11]
• Digby of Hullabaloo on the Budget Deal [04•11•11]
MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityreport.official.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• VIDEO! The Official Silver Liberation Army! See SilverLiberationArmy.com !
• VIDEO! Cenk Uygur, Matt Taibbi, Why isn’t Wall Street in jail?
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report: As Gold As Gold We interview Janet Tavakoli. Shareholder Sues Berkshire, Buffett And Sokol (And Munger) Over Alleged Lubrizol Frontrunning
• KEISER REPORT [KR139] Keiser Report – Murderers & Martyrs! We interview Janet Tavakoli. Shareholder Sues Berkshire, Buffett And Sokol (And Munger) Over Alleged Lubrizol Frontrunning
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS  The Truth About Fruit & Veg Markets – 23 April 2011 Stacy Summary: Special outdoor Truth About Markets episode for Easter and as a special gift to Richard at Resonance. Download mp3 HERE Donations to ResonanceFM here.
• ON THE EDGE [OTE106] On the Edge with Brad Cooke
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Gareth Porter April 20, 2011: In a partial reprisal of his recent Antiwar Radio interview, Gareth Porter discusses Pakistan’s condemnation of out-of-control US drone strikes and espionage in the wake of the Raymond Davis affair; the surprisingly expansive US spy network in Pakistan; targeted drone assassinations that serve little purpose in the “war on terror;” and how a military coup against Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki might help the Pentagon stay in Iraq past the 2011 deadline – unless Moqtada al-Sadr has something to say about it. This recording is from the KPFK 90.7 FM Los Angeles broadcast of April 15th.
• Thomas E. WoodsApril 21, 2011: Thomas E. Woods, author of Rollback: Repealing Big Government Before the Coming Fiscal Collapse, discusses the pivotal events (Quebec Act, the “shot heard ’round the world“) preceding the Revolutionary War; the persistent myths surrounding the Civil War, southern secession and slavery; how the Union victory transformed the country into a “nation” with a strong central government and budding imperialist ambitions; and the antiwar case for a gold standard monetary system.
• Jesse Trentadue April 21, 2011: Jesse Trentadue, attorney and brother of Kenneth Trentadue (who was probably tortured and killed by FBI agents mistaking him for Richard Lee Guthrie a.k.a. John Doe No. 2 in the wake of the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing), discusses the elaborate coverup of Kenneth’s murder while in federal custody; Guthrie’s 1996 “suicide” in a Kentucky jail just before he could fulfill a tell-all plea deal; the many documents dug up by Jesse’s tireless FOIA lawsuits; and the approaching court battle on OKC surveillance tapes that should show Timothy McVeigh and the Ryder truck (and John Doe No. 2?) but instead are missing crucial seconds or just “can’t be found” by the FBI.
• Anthony Gregory April 23, 2011: Anthony Gregory, Editor in Chief of Campaign for Liberty, discusses his article “From Waco to Libya: 18 Years of Humanitarian Mass Murder;” the ATF’s “Operation Showtime” raid on the Branch Davidians, designed as a public relations stunt; going from bad to worse at Waco, with the FBI in charge and special forces soldiers set loose on civilians; and the crux of government humanitarianism: killing people in order to save them.
Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Michael Bloomberg, New York City Mayor (I)
• Former Sen. Rick Santorum, (R) Pennsylvania
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml