Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below!
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
The NOT "mastermind" Several reports have surfaced during the past week regarding the demise of a one Usama bin Laden. Every announcer, commentator and politician has called Usama "the mastermind of nine-eleven". Every one! Let's go to the ThinkProgress videotape of White House Press Secretary Dana Perino from a September 2008 press conference where she says, "No, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was the mastermind of 9/11, and he’s sitting in jail right now." Think Progress goes on to say Perino seems to be attempting to justify the White House’s failure to catch bin Laden by suggesting he was not the “mastermind.” But in September 2006, former press secretary Tony Snow stated:
Osama bin Laden, mastermind of September 11th, the person that many people talk about and still have concerns about, calls this fight, the fight in Iraq, “the third world war.” While Khalid Sheikh Mohammed has admitted to being the “architect” of 9/11, bin Laden was not inconsequential; he approved and executed the attacks. KSM in fact, brought the idea to bin Laden, who according to the 9/11 Commission, “wanted to hit the White House, Pentagon and U.S. Capitol,” not just the World Trade Center. Well OF COURSE you can trust "the 9/11 Commission" report, RIGHT? As Pepe Escobar notes below "Bin Laden was the quintessential product of Cold War US foreign policy; the unholy alliance of Washington, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia." Our own intrepid armymom BTV contributor susancle adds this commentary: "I've read/heard some interesting stuff about the changing story of the Osama assassination. First, that the story about him using a woman as a shield was psy-ops, intended to create an impression of him to would-be terror recruits as a lowly coward, rather than someone to admire. Whether or not true, first impressions tend to stick with people despite later corrections. Also, there's a story circulating that he was actually shot at close range by one of his bodyguards to avoid the spectacle of live capture, and that he was not killed by Navy SEALS. Now, Al Qaeda is acknowledging his death. One way or another, the mythical evil creature is out of play, and is no longer an excuse for what we are doing in that part of the world." Bingo, susancle. We're pretty sure those "first impressions" will be hammered home by FAKE NEWS and the rest of the U.S. corporomedia, corrections ignored forever and always, the Goebell's "tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" in spades, controlling the message a la Manufacturing Consent: Noam Chomsky and the Media Required Viewing for every citizen in the Free World. Now maybe you missed it (surprise!) but OBL was declared dead several times after the "magic escape" from Tora Bora in 2001, most notably David Frost Over the World on AlJajeera English with Benazir Bhutto who plainly states "binladen is dead" and Frost totally misses any follow-up questions. Surprisingly a few months later as Bhutto travelled back to Pakistan to run for office to challenge Musharraf on 27 December 2007 Benazir Bhutto assassinated at rally (guardian.co.uk). U.S. strong-arm Pakistani President/General Pervez Musharraf exclaimed at the time "This is the work of those terrorists with whom we are engaged in war," he told Pakistan state TV. "I have been saying that the nation faces the greatest threats from these terrorists. Today after this tragic incident, I want to express my firm resolve." What's not mentioned is that Musharraf was in the middle of being ousted. As still president on 3 November 2007 Musharraf declared emergency rule across Pakistan. He suspended the Constitution, imposed State of Emergency, and fired the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court again. thus setting up the atmosphere of the return of and a direct challenge by Benazir Bhutto to Musharraf's rule. Much has happened since then (not all good) and so Pervez comes on on NPR last week to defend the Pakistani Army and its infamous ISI. NPR HEADLINE: Gen. Musharraf 'Can't Believe There Was Complicity' MONEY QUOTE
NPR's STEVE INSKEEP: President Musharraf, one other thing, if the American information is correct, if the timeline is correct, Osama bin Laden was actually in that house during a period when you were president of Pakistan. Since learning this news the other day, have you had a moment of saying to yourself, I really should have known that?
Mr. MUSHARRAF: Well, yes, if this is correct. I mean a lot of theories are going around the place. One of them is that he was there for six years. Now, frankly, yes, what youve said is absolutely correct. Why didn't I know? I mean it is terrible and I would like to inquire from all the - our intelligence agencies, why the hell did you not know when I was there? Now, having said that, I personally, without any intelligence, I can't imagine a person inside a house for six years and people around not knowing. Leave the intelligence aside. I've seen many interviews of people around on Pakistan's television channels. Now, I am sure all of them knew Osama bin Laden. I'm sure. He was a household name and his face was also a household - everyone knew. I would like anyone to ask them, did you know Osama bin Laden is inside? I don't think they knew.
Now, was this man hiding in a room for six years? I have my doubts. Maybe I'm wrong, but it doesn't appeal to my reasoning and rationality(ph). Okay then! Haha! Maybe General Pervey should take a peek at The house of secrets: behind the high walls of Osama's compound by Andrew Buncombe at The Independent! Seriously though Phyllis Bennis at OtherWords lets on in Justice or Vengeance? The president's speech last [Sunday] night could have aimed to put an end to the triumphalism of the "global war on terror" that George W. Bush began and Barack Obama claimed as his own. It could have announced a new U.S. foreign policy based on justice, equality, and respect for other nations. But it did not. It declared instead that the U.S. war in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, and beyond will continue. In that reaffirmation of war, President Obama reasserted the American exceptionalism that has been a hallmark of his recent speeches, claiming that "America can do whatever we set our mind to." He equated the U.S. ability and willingness to continue waging ferocious wars, with earlier accomplishments of the U.S. — including, without any trace of irony, the "struggle for equality for all our citizens." In President Obama's iteration, the Global War on Terror apparently equals the anti-slavery and civil rights movements. USA! USA! you dumbassses. Chris Hedges Speaks on Osama bin Laden’s Death ...I know that because of this announcement, that reportedly Osama bin Laden was killed, Bob [Truthdig Editor Robert Scheer] wanted me to say a few words about it … about al-Qaida. ... We responded exactly as these terrorist organizations wanted us to respond. They wanted us to speak the language of violence. What were the explosions that hit the World Trade Center, huge explosions and death above a city skyline? It was straight out of Hollywood. When Robert McNamara in 1965 began the massive bombing campaign of North Vietnam, he did it because he said he wanted to “send a message” to the North Vietnamese—a message that left hundreds of thousands of civilians dead. These groups learned to speak the language we taught them. And our response was to speak in kind. The language of violence, the language of occupation—the occupation of the Middle East, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan—has been the best recruiting tool al-Qaida has been handed. If it is correct that Osama bin Laden is dead, then it will spiral upwards with acts of suicidal vengeance. And I expect most probably on American soil. The tragedy of the Middle East is one where we proved incapable of communicating in any other language than the brute and brutal force of empire. And empire finally, as Thucydides understood, is a disease. For a great detailed analysis we go to Our Man in Pipelineistan Pepe Escobar at Asia Times for Obama/Osama rock the casbah Get out yer old Clash records to read, in part GEO TV in Pakistan played a completely different mix. ISI types spun that the operation was in fact Pakistani - conducted after an army helicopter was shot down (Pentagon types also mentioned it) and a search party then got involved in a firefight. Pakistani troops helped cordon off the compound. They arrested a few Arab women, kids and armed Arabs who then confessed Bin Laden was there; that led to another firefight in which Bin Laden was killed. Two US helicopters then flew to the site and carried away the body of Bin Laden. According to this version, the fire in the compound was caused by the crashed helicopter. The US "firefight" account is also murky. According to Obama's description, there were no US casualties; that doesn't sound like much of a "firefight". This may have been a heavily defended compound, or just a compound where US forces were holding Bin Laden. The CIA is spinning this was a kill operation. That's also shaky. Capturing Bin Laden alive - just as with Saddam Hussein - would have been the ultimate minaret of humiliation, and a much juicier public relations coup for the White House. That may explain Washington's zeal to dispose of his body in the Arabian Sea as soon as possible - to the despair of many a sharia law specialist. The compound was burned to the ground. Conveniently - just as in 9/11 - there is no crime scene, and no body. This would be rejected in any CSI script conference. The whole world awaits an incontrovertible photo of the body as well as the results of the DNA test. And sooner rather than later - as with Saddam - some informant will reveal there was nothing Hollywood about the kill; it all came about as an enterprising individual decided to finally bag the $50 million reward. There's only one destination this almighty leak may have come from: the Pakistani ISI. And if that is the case, army chief General Ashfaq Kiani - a Pentagon darling - had to issue the final imprimatur. His "reward" will be the stuff legends are made of. Read it all and get that crazy Casbah jive UTOOB - Rock the Casbah. See the EXCLUSIVE interview with Pepe with PETER B COLLINS below! To get some insight and history on the black ops go read Jeremy Scahill at The Nation JSOC: The Black Ops Force That Took Down Bin Laden NOW. Also see Scahill on DN! below. And a hearty h/t to occasional BTV contributer amiel for Day of the Dead: The Hit Man as Hero by Chris Floyd of Empire Burleseque ....Here is where the schizophrenia sets in. It is obvious, from this and other posts, that Digby is horrified and outraged at Obama’s open claim of this universal license to kill and imprison with impunity. That is, she fully recognizes that the United States government is led by a man who believes he can murder anyone he pleases, at any time, at his own arbitrary decision. She knows that he has used this power over and over, most extensively in Pakistan, where even by the most conservative estimates hundreds of innocent people – including many women and children – have been killed in Obama’s drone missile campaign. ... But this is not simply a case of lesser evilism in a system where all the alternatives are grim – i.e., “Well, Göring is a monster but he’s probably marginally better than Hitler; let’s support a bloody coup to install him as Führer”. No; Digby and many other progressives whose writings show they are perfectly aware of the atrocities that Obama has committed and the evil policies he embraces – such as the unrestricted license to kill – still display an active affection and celebratory support for him. To them, even though he has killed these people and claimed these awful powers, he is still one cool guy.
NOT TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT but Canada had elections last week and it's not looking good for our neighbors across Lake Eerie:
IAN WELSH Conservatives Win Majority
And with a fairly decent margin. The collapse of the Liberals in Ontario, and the choice of BC to go largely Conservative seem to have been the key. How much difference the robocalls giving false information to voters in ridings in Ontario and BC which Conservatives were in danger of losing remains undetermined. Hopefully the courts will show their independence and investigate this question aggressively, but with a majority government, Harper will be in a position to shut down such investigations and has show in the past that he has no qualms using such power.
Southern Ontario, outside the city cores, went hard Conservative. This continues the trend of Ontario suburbs thinking that the man who has presided over the destruction of Canadian manufacturing is going to save them by keeping their housing values high and driving Toronto into the ground, because suburbs don’t need healthy cities. This bet on the part of Canadian suburbanites will work out as well for them as it has for American suburbanites.
Going forward this is probably good for the NDP. Their job now is to be a good opposition, and to make the case that everything Harper does is wrong, destructive and will be rolled back by an NDP government. As for the Liberals, job 1 is to ditch Ignatieff, job 2 is to make the case to Ontario that they are the party that can actually run government properly, and make the economy work again. “You had it pretty good in the 90s, didn’t you?” should be their mantra. Especially as it looks to me like Canada is about to go into recession, certainly it’s in danger of doing so. Of course, Harper has 4 to 5 years to try and ride it out, but I’m going to say that now that he has full power, he will screw it up. He’s that sort of guy.
For Canada? Not so good. But, under the rules as they exist (minus the robocalls), the Conservatives won. Even if Harper did cheat (and I would be highly surprised if the Conservatives weren’t behind the robocalls), it’s highly unlikely that the Courts will call him to account, since he will be in a position to shut down police investigations. Still, there is nothing he can do that can’t be undone by another majority government, and apparently Canadians need to learn what happens when you let someone like Harper have a majority. That learning will be unpleasant, but I guess it’s necessary. In particular for Ontarians, who have voted against their own self interest. It’s one thing for the Prairies to vote for “loot now, worry about the hangover later”, it’s another for Ontario to vote “make Dutch disease permanent and destroy our industrial base.”
Oh, and if the Governor General is reading this, you should refuse to allow the government to sit until the investigation into the Robocalls has been completed. Given you were appointed by Harper, unlikely, I know, but you might want to consider putting Canada first and doing your job.
O Canada! Say did any of you see the new commercials for "clean" Canadian tar sands oil? They really do think we're that stoopid. Well, look at the time! Our deadline approaches fast. Check all the fun brick targets on teevee this Sunday like war criminals CONDI RICE, DICK CHENEY and DONALD "known unknowns" RUMSFELD plus great interviews on BTV Alerts and all our regular features. The Tribe is in first place and it's Mother's Day! Have a great day, all you mothers!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
JAPAN IN CRISIS JAPAN IN CRISIS Democracy Now! reports on the disaster in Japan following a massive 9.0-magnitude earthquake and tsunami and the resulting nuclear crisis.
»»» Jeremy Scahill @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Jeremy Scahill on Killing of Bin Laden: Obama Has “Doubled Down on Bush Administration Policy of Targeted Assassination” May 2, 2011
»»» Journalist Allan Nairn @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW "One Killer Killing Another": Journalist and Activist Allan Nairn on Obama’s Targeted Killing of Bin Laden May 2, 2011
»»» Joshua Foust @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Military Intelligence Analyst Joshua Foust: Death of Bin Laden Will Not Have Enormous Impact on Operations of Al-Qaeda Affiliates Worldwide May 2, 2011
»»» Matthew Hoh @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Ex-State Department Official Matthew Hoh: With Killing of Bin Laden, Why Are 50,000 U.S. Troops Still in Afghanistan? May 2, 2011
»»» Rep. Barbara Lee @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW 10 Years Too Long: Rep. Barbara Lee Renews Calls for End to Afghan War After Killing of Osama bin Laden May 3, 2011
»»» CANADA ELECTIONS 2011 @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW The Right and Left Claim Success in Canada: The Conservatives Win Majority in Canadian Election as Left-Leaning NDP Makes Historic Gains May 3, 2011
»»» Matthew Alexander @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Former Military Interrogator Matthew Alexander: Despite GOP Claims, "Immoral" Torture "Slowed Down" Effort to Find Osama bin Laden May 4, 2011
»»» Graeme Smith, an award-winning foreign correspondent for The Globe and Mail newspaper in Canada @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Pakistani Military Faces Scrutiny as Unfolding Evidence Suggests Direct Role in Harboring bin Laden May 5, 2011
»»» Richard Sollom of Physicians for Human Rights @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Physicians Urge Obama Admin to Pressure Mideast Ally Bahrain to End Repression of Doctors, Patients> May 5, 2011
»»» Winona LaDuke @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Native American Activist Winona LaDuke on Use of "Geronimo" as Code for Osama bin Laden: "The Continuation of the Wars Against Indigenous People" RELATED: Native American Activist, Author Winona LaDuke on "The Militarization of Indian Country" and Obama Admin’s "Lip Service" to Indigenous Rights May 6, 2011
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW @ GRITtv WATCH Malalai Joya: A Dirty Game in Afghanistan Osama bin Laden was the reason given for invading Afghanistan in 2001--but he was found in 2011 in Pakistan. Meanwhile, the Afghan people have dealt with ten years of occupation, and Malalai Joya has been speaking out against it for that long.
»»» Tariq Ali @ GRITtv Tariq Ali: Killing Bin Laden Was Not "Justice" PLUS Tariq Ali, Sonali Kolhatkar, and Voices from Ground Zero
»»» The F Word @ GRITtv The F Word: Tony Kushner Denied Honors Over Palestine
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©!
»»» MLB on TBS Yankees @ Rangers 2 pm et
»»» Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN Braves @ Phillies! 8 pm et
»»» Monday Night Baseball on ESPN Twins @ Red Sox! 7 pm et
»»» NBA PLAYOFFSMavs up 3-0 look to can the Lakers Sunday 3:30 pm on ABC plus Bulls @ Hawks 8 pm et on TNT. More playoff games all week! Check yer local listings!
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org UPDATE! A Typical Day For PFC Bradley Manning at Fort Leavenworth 1 PFC Manning was transferred to the Joint Regional Corrections Facility (JRCF) at Fort Leavenworth on April 20, 2011. I was able to tour the facility and meet with PFC Manning last week. PFC Manning is now being held in Medium Custody. He is no longer under Prevention of Injury watch and is no longer subjected to harsh pretrial confinement conditions. Unlike at Quantico, PFC Manning cell has a large window that provides adequate natural light. His cell also has a desk, a bed, and a toilet. The cell is approximately 80 square feet. He is provided with a normal mattress, sheets and a pillow. None of his clothing is taken away from him at night. PFC Manning is able to have all of his personal items in his cell, which include his clothing, his legal materials, books and letters from family and friends. He is also able to have a pen and paper at all times in his cell, and is able to write whenever he chooses. ...... Correspondence can be sent to PFC Manning at the following address: Bradley Manning 89289, JRCF, 830 Sabalu Road, Fort Leavenworth, KS 66027-2315 More at link.
EMAIL UPDATE! Help us reach our goal of a half million by signing the petition, and passing it on. Add your name! AND Vote for Bradley in the 2011 Time Magazine 100 Poll here!
Add your name to this petition Eminent US legal scholars protest 'torture' of Bradley Manning.
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackeberries, Droid and other phonesto help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. The T.J. Martell Foundation is the music industry's largest foundation funding cutting edge medical research focused on finding cures for leukemia, cancer and AIDS. The Foundation sources and supports early-stage research projects aimed at developing more effective treatments for patients which otherwise might not be funded. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,452 US Military Dead as of May 5, 2011
AFGHANISTAN: 1,572 US Military Dead as of May, 2011
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. See Politifact Statements ABC News 'This Week'
• National Security Advisor Tom Donilon
• Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice
• Pakistan's Ambassador to the U.S. Husain Haqqani
• ROUNDTABLE: Liz Cheney, Co-Founder of Keep America Safe, Tom Ricks of Foreign Policy Magazine and The New Yorker's Lawrence Wright
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer Topics: After Bin Laden: What's next in the war on terror? And what's the future of U.S.-Pakistan relations?
• Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass.
• Donald Rumsfeld, former secretary of defense
• Washington Post columnist Michael Gerson
• Georgetown University's Michael Eric Dyson
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• President Obama (the entire hour) - President Obama gives his first and only interview since the killing of Osama bin Laden to "60 Minutes." The president will reveal to Steve Kroft for the first time his thoughts as he watched and listened from the Situation Room of the White House as the commando-style raid on bin Laden's compound unfolded. Frank Devine and Michael Radutzky are the producers.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish. See their website MeetTheFacts.com updating soon!
• Former Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff
• Former CIA Director General Michael Hayden
• Former Mayor of New York City Rudy Giuliani
• ROUNDTABLE: Bob Woodward, Katty Kay, Doris Kearns Goodwin, Mike Murphy
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• ReNational Security Adviser Tom Donilon
• Sen. Richard Lugar (R-Indiana)
• NATO Secretary General, Anders Fogh Rasmussen
• former Congressman Tom Davis
• former Obama White House aide Anita Dunn
• the former U.S. Secretary of Education, Tennessee Sen. Lamar Alexander
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
• MORAN MONDAY!!!!!! Bob picks out the craziness of the alleged murder of OBL! Listen HERE (mp3)!
Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - May 5, 2011 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Showdown over Big Oil subsidies; A new pipeline --- and a new pipeline spill --- in Canada; Open season on endangered wolves ... PLUS: Estimates for sea level rise may be wrong --- really wrong ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): other wake-up call to ignore: Ogallalla Aquifer’s depletion poses sweeping threat to US; Automakers promote hydrogen cars; Water Shortages Threaten Food Future in the Middle East; Last-minute tips for a greener Cinco de Mayo; The US evangelicals who believe environmentalism is a 'native evil'; Mercury levels are rising in Arctic animals; Plan to phase out the $5 billion in ag subsidies; Iowa soil washing away at rates far higher than expected; 400meter-wide rock will pass Earth in Nov.; Why one 16-year-old is suing the US government over climate change; The science of why we don't believe Science ... PLUS: How to profit from the coming ecopocalypse ...... Links to STORIES DISCUSSED IN TODAY'S 'GREEN NEWS REPORT' at Green News Report! Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Live! Weekly on KGO PBC Live! Weekly on KGO Your humble host has been remiss in keeping you apprised of his other media activities. Since February, I’ve been hosting a regular weekly show on KGO, the leading San Francisco talk station with a huge coverage area–at night, you can hear it anywhere on the West Coast. TFN (till further notice), you can hear me every Friday night–or, more precisely, Saturday morning, from 1-5 am (PDT) on 810-AM or streaming at www.kgoradio.com. If you’d like to be alerted each week, sign up on Facebook as a fan of “Peter B. Collins Show” or you can follow me on Twitter, @pbcsf
• PBC Podcast 244 Boiling Frogs Interview: Grant F. Smith on US-Israel Relations VHere are some critical views of the US-Israel relationship that you won’t hear in most American media. Grant F. Smith is our guest for the latest Boiling Frogs interview, co-hosted with Sibel Edmonds.
• PBC Podcast 245 Pepe Says Report of Osama’s Death Rocks the Casbah; Vincent Bugliosi Tackles the “God Question” Global Correspondent Pepe Escobar returns to talk about the multiple accounts of the US raid that reportedly killed Osama bin Laden on May 1; he adds a new account from Pakistan’s GEO TV, and we added Rachel Maddow’s recap of the story, which keeps changing. Prosecutor turned best-selling author Vincent Bugliosi hammers theists and atheists.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! May 6th, 2010
• This week on Ring of Fire: Daveed Gartenstein-Ross, director of the Center for the Study of Terrorist Radicalization, will be joining us to talk about the death of Osama bin Laden, and what this means for Al Qaeda.
• We’ll also hear from Heather Hurlburt, executive director of the National Security Network about what the future of the war on terror, now that we’ve taken out public enemy number one.
• John Nichols from The Nation will be here to tell us why the GOP is so mad that Obama was able to do what Bush was never able to.
• And we’ll be talking with documentary filmmakers Rachel Libert and Tony Hardmon about their new film “Semper Fi” – which details one soldier’s fight to expose the government’s use of toxic chemicals that killed his daughter.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• Heather Hurlburt of National Security Network Talks Osama bin Laden's death and National Security [05•02•11]
• Talking with Lee Papa AKA the Rude Pundit [05•03•11]
• David Murphy of Food Democracy Now! [05•04•11]
• Daniel Levy Discusses the Deal Between Fatah and Hamas [05•05•11]
MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityreport.official.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• VIDEO! The Official Silver Liberation Army! See SilverLiberationArmy.com !
• Guest Post from Mike Krieger! Read Guest Post from Mike Krieger: The Big Lie
• KEISER REPORT [KR142] Keiser Report: Blind Cult of America
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report: Meets Schiff Report 3.0
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report: Bin Laden Bounce
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS  The Truth About Fruit & Veg Markets – 23 April 2011 Stacy Summary: Special outdoor Truth About Markets episode for Easter and as a special gift to Richard at Resonance. Download mp3 HERE Donations to ResonanceFM here.
• ON THE EDGE [OTE108] On the Edge with Kurt Cobb
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Alfred McCoy May 3, 2011: Alfred McCoy, professor of history at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, discusses his article on the US empire of failed states at TomDispatch; the post-WWII breakup of European empires into 100 new countries, shifting the balance of world power; how empires require cooperative foreign elites to keep the natives under control; the transition from imperial Britain’s dominant naval power to US air supremacy, which requires many more military bases (which are slipping away as the US loses its empire mojo); and how competition from BRICS and the global economy make US client states less dependent on their benefactor.
• Roi Maor May 4, 2011: Roi Maor, blogger at 972mag.com, discusses his article “Preeminent Israelis to support Palestinian state, 1967 borders;” the wearing-thin pretend negotiations and “peace talks” that Israel has no interest in; the US and Israel fighting against world opinion on a Palestinian state; the forty four years of occupation and encroaching settlements since the 1967 War; Palestinians who are subject to Israeli government rule yet lack the ability to democratically participate in that government; and the slow ethnic cleansing in East Jerusalem – through denied building permits.
• Joey KingMay 4, 2011: Joey King, board member of Veterans For Peace, discusses the pretenses and lies that got us into war in oil-rich Libya; laying odds on whether Obama will admit a mistake or send in ground troops to make it much worse; how veterans against war and Rep. Ron Paul show conservatives that being antiwar isn’t just for Lefties; and how Veterans For Peace is building up their membership and adding new chapters.
• Jason Leopold May 4, 2011: Investigative reporter Jason Leopold discusses sometime-collaborator Jeffrey Kaye’s article “Guantanamo Detainee Files Hint at Psychological Research;” the great American hero Bradley Manning; the WikiLeaks Guantanamo files that reveal bad intelligence on detainees, many of whom were held for ten years without being suspected of terrorism; how Gitmo served as a propaganda and double-agent production facility; how antiamalarial drugs may have exacerbated the conditions of 100 mentally ill and suicidal prisoners; the proof that Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld knew most Gitmo inmates were innocent; Chris Floyd’s take on the NYT’s horrendous Guantanamo coverage; and the Gitmo defense lawyers who can’t use WikiLeaks documents to make their cases, and think Obama is worse than Bush on government abuse of the classification system.
• Jason Ditz May 5, 2011: Jason Ditz, managing news editor at Antiwar.com, discusses the sparse news coverage on the stalemate in Libya that may lead to partition; NATO’s “no assassination” policy in a conflict where every target can be defined as a military asset; decentralizing power in Yemen, where many provinces have become autonomous; the Saudi-dominated Gulf Cooperation Council troops in Bahrain that are staying for the duration of Shia protests; and the persistence of protesters in Syria, who turn out in ever-greater numbers despite the mortal risk in doing so.
Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Tom Donilon, National Security Adviser
• Former Vice President Dick Cheney
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml