Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below!
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Economic Recovery Debt Special!
Tyler Durden at zerohedge tells us it's Time To Celebrate The Recovery: Food Stamp Usage Hits Fresh Record
That average monthly benefit of $133.24 for 44.199 million people (usda.gov) will help with the purchase of one third of a very edible iPad. Food stamp participation chart presented without further commentary. Go look NOW! This comment by redpill sums it up: "Yep. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. Does anyone think Mitt Romney or any of the other silly gaggle of "GOP Frontrunners" is going to do anything but follow whatever the Fed/Goldman tells them to?" while kridkid notices "Even when austerity comes, it's still just part of the same evil system. The purpose of austerity isn't to pay down debt, rather maintain some level of debt servitude until the system completely unravels. The oligarchs wishes are still being served." BTV contributor ljm reads between the lines: "So that's how they do the shell game with housing. It turns out a new house entire value gets counted as going toward our "growing" GDP, but the sale of an existing home only the 6% that goes to the real estate agent counts. That's really screwing from my point of view. No wonder they needed that housing bubble. We had nothing else, not even weapons sales were going to do it. We've pretty much been functioning with a zombie economy as I see it. The financial markets had to do all their crooked derivatives to have anything to sell at all from how this looks. The zombie housing march had to go on no matter what. Me thinks that's why nobody has been indicted. There was a conspiracy to keep this all going at the highest levels....the king of the zombies, Cheney had to be keeping this going with his greedy sidekick W. Then O came along and being a guy who really likes pie, made sure there was plenty of pie for him even if the rest of us were going to go pieless." Go see all the sordid numbers at CNN Money Home prices: 'Double-dip' confirmed! So, as your home property values DROP so does your county's property taxes income decline they tax a percentage of the appraised value (33% at the BTV Compound). That is, a property valued at $200,000 in 2008 in Ohio we levied taxes (based on your local rate) against only 1/3 of that $200k ($66k) in property taxes. WHEN the property is re-assessed (every three years in OH by law) and when the value of the property falls to say $150,000 ($50k taxable), so do the taxes the county can assess against because their percentage relies on the underlying capital value (land + house) and their revenue goes down at the same rate (surprise!) and now the county is SHORT in their budget (surprise!) which means (union) layoffs and the subsequent reduction of services to yer community at-large (surprise?) which add to and feed the downward spiral. Then add in tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations and ....well you get the idea.
Prairie2 on Tuesday points out in Hey Brother, can you spare a dime? Today one in six Americans receive food stamps and it’s one in four of children. You would be seeing people starving in the streets on an even greater scale than 1932 if not for Uncle “Sugar” as the right wingers put it. Fully half of Americans receive some sort of aid from the government if you include earned income tax credits. The right wing says this is unsustainable, we must eliminate these handouts so that people will pull themselves up by their bootstraps. No food stamps or WIC for babies, no unemployment for the lazy bums, no Medicaid for all the freeloaders (65% of nursing home care is paid by Medicaid) eliminate teachers pensions and cut government workers pay, that will fix everything they say. The truth is (right-wingers cover your ears) the truth is that Republicans have turned government assistance programs into a corporate subsidy to guarantee a cheap supply of labor. The minimum wage is barely half what it should be to match 1938 standards, but food stamps and free medical care for kids keep people working for those wages. The low wages at the bottom also help drag down wages across the board especially when coupled with 20% unemployment which is comparable with Depression levels....Our collective memory of democracy has been all but erased.... We’re not broke, just ignorant by design. Now read Robert Reich's "three coping mechanisms" The Truth About the American Economy (HuffPo) in part...
the Obama administration is pushing back strongly, with one senior official saying the article garnered "a collective eye roll" from the White House . . . two administration officials told POLITICO's Playbook that's not the case. . . . a senior administration official said. . . . "There is a clear, ongoing pattern of deception" from Iran . . ."the senior administration official added" . . . And a senior intelligence official also ripped Hersh, saying his article amounted to nothing more than "a slanted book report on a long narrative that's already been told many times over" . . . Dutifully writing down what government officials say and then publishing it under cover of anonymity is what media figures in D.C. refer to as "real reporting." But the most hilarious part of this orgy of cowardly anonymity comes at the end, when Politico explains what is supposedly the prime defect in Hersh' journalism:
Hersh has faced criticism for his heavy reliance on anonymous sources, but New Yorker editor David Remnick has repeatedly said he stands by his reporter’s work. That's the criticism that ends an article that relies exclusively on anonymous government sources, appearing in a D.C. gossip rag notorious for granting anonymity to any powerful figure who requests it for any or no reason. The difference, of course, is that the Pulitzer Prize-winning, five-time-Polk-Award-recipient investigative journalist who uncovered the My Lai massacre and the Abu Ghraib scandal grants anonymity to those who are challenging the official claims of those in power (that's called "journalism"), while Politico uses it (as it did here) to serve those in power and shield them from all accountability as they spew their propaganda (which is called being a "lowly, rank Royal Court propagandist"). BUSTED! Haha! Lastly we get an update from Naked Capitalism Guest Post: Update on the Japanese Nuclear Crisis … Not a Pretty Picture Read this to get up-to-date on the continuing nuclear disaster that the U.S. media has all but forgotten. Get more updates from experts from all over the world at SimplyInfo - The Fukushima Project - Crowd Sourced Research and Analysis. Of course most or all of this will be ignored by the Sunday Bobbleheads! Start yer Sunday with the Gorilla from Wasilla on FAKE SNOOZE (not!) then tune into Face the Bob for NANCY PELOSI or try State of the Candy for WH Limo-designate AUSTAN GOOLSBEE, also on This Anampout, where you can get some common sense from Nobel Laureate PAUL KRUGMAN. Those who crave the fine coiffure of Meet the David will have to wait until next week as NBC goes with The French (tennis) Open, a much more important event. Too much news below to snip! Have a look-see at all out regulars, especially PBC Boiling Frogs with Our Man in Pipelineistan PEPE ESCOBAR and BRAD FRIEDMAN, Ring of Fire with Bobby on the new film The Last Mountain and Sam Seder with WILLAIM HARTUNG and so much more! The Brick TeeVee crew is sunburned again as they desperately try to prep the gardens after the torential May rains. We have one garden done and planted with various beans and cukes and other wabbit food. Weather looks better for next week so the Big Garden will be the main focus. If you don't have a garden start one now! We would be remiss if we didn't pass along this item (h/t msgeuax) at NaturalNews.com Australia shuns GM canola in response to consumer demand for non-GMO products The biotechnology industry and its lackeys in the US government may be getting away with pulling a fast one on the American people, but citizens across Europe and in Australia continue to resist the onslaught of genetically-modified organisms (GMOs) in their food supply. A recent report from Gene Ethics Media (GEM) explains that two of Australia's largest grain traders are refusing to deal with any GM canola this year, citing intense and increasing consumer opposition to GM grains. AND Monday is the 57th Anniversay of D-Day June 6th 1944. We could use a modern-day D-Day of sorts on Wall St. or Big Ag or Big Pharma or name-your-nemesis about now, eh? Have a good week! And THANK YOU to our 13 FOLLOWERS! Tell yer friends!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
JAPAN IN CRISIS JAPAN IN CRISIS Democracy Now! reports on the disaster in Japan following a massive 9.0-magnitude earthquake and tsunami and the resulting nuclear crisis.
»»» Dr. Gabor Maté @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Dr. Gabor Maté on the Stress-Disease Connection, Addiction, Attention Deficit Disorder and the Destruction of American Childhood May 30, 2011
»»» Zelaya Returns to Honduras @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Out of Exile: Exclusive Report on Ousted Honduran President Zelaya’s Return Home 23 Months After U.S.-Backed Coup In a Democracy Now! global broadcast exclusive, we take you on the plane of ousted Honduran President Manuel Zelaya as he and his family return home after almost two years in exile. RELATED: Exclusive Interview with Manuel Zelaya on the U.S. Role in Honduran Coup, WikiLeaks and Why He Was OustedMay 31, 2011
»»» Zelaya Returns to Honduras Part II @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Out of Exile: Part II of Exclusive Report on Ousted Honduran President Zelaya’s Return 2 Years After U.S.-Backed Coup June 1, 2011
»»» Zelaya’s former minister of culture, Rodolfo Pastor Fasquelle @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Former Honduran Minister: U.S. Undoubtedly Played Central Role in Zelaya Coup June 1, 2011
»»» American University professor Adrienne Pine @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Zelaya’s Return: Neither Reconciliation nor Democracy in Honduras June 1, 2011
»»» Iona Craig of The Times of London @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Clashes Spread Across Yemen, Raising Fears of Civil War June 2, 2011
»»» Gretchen Morgenson and Joshua Rosner @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW “Reckless Endangerment: How Outsized Ambition, Greed, and Corruption Led to Economic Armageddon” June 2, 2011
»»» The New Yorker's Seymour Hersh @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Seymour Hersh: Despite Intelligence Rejecting Iran as Nuclear Threat, U.S. Could Be Headed for Iraq Redux and Seymour Hersh on the Arab Spring, "Disaster" U.S. Wars in Afghanistan and Pakistan, and the Looming Crisis in Iraq June 3, 2011
»»» Kim Ives, editor of the Haitian weekly newspaper, Haiti Liberté and Dan Coughlin @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW WikiLeaks Cables Reveal "Secret History" of U.S. Bullying in Haiti at Oil Companies’ Behest The Nation magazine, in partnership with the Haitian weekly newspaper, Haïti Liberté, has launched a series of reports based on more than 19,000 classified U.S. diplomatic cables released by WikiLeaks. Called "The PetroCaribe Files," the series begins with an exposé of how the United States—with pressure from Exxon and Chevron—tried to interfere with an oil agreement between Haiti and Venezuela that would save Haiti, the poorest country in the Western hemisphere, $100 million per year. June 3, 2011
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» BIG NEWS @ GRITtv GRITtv is becoming The Laura Flanders Show! As you know, we have been pursuing national syndication. We are now pleased to announce that starting later this summer, The Laura Flanders Show will appear on public TV stations across the country -- including in major markets in San Francisco, Denver, Philadelphia and Washington, DC, distributed by EPS, Executive Program Services Inc. (more...) And read more at The F Word @ GRITtv from May 13th, 2011 The F Word: Goodbye For Now from GRITtv
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» Indianapolis 500 It's the 95th running of the Greatest Spectacle in Racing! Coverage begins on ABC at NOON et
»»» NASCAR on FOX It's the STP 400 from Kansas Speedway! Coverage begins on FOX at 1 pm et
»»» MLB on TBS Cubs @ Cardinals 2 pm et
»»» Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN Braves @ Mets 8 pm et
»»» Monday Night Baseball on ESPN Dodgers @ Philles! 7 pm et
»»» NBA PLAYOFFS It's the Mavs vs. The Heat for the 2011 Championship beginning 9 pm et Tuesday on ABC. All finals games are in prime-time on ABC.
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
ACCESS NOW At BTV we're all about Net Neutrality but apparently the G8 is not. G8: Protect the Net by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: For the first time, the leaders of the G8 developed countries are going to discuss internet policy. Instead of promoting net neutrality and user privacy and combating online censorship, the French government has locked civil society out of these conversations, while inviting CEOs -- some of whom paid $100,000 for their seat at the table -- who are pushing policies like strict intellectual property enforcement, which will line corporate pockets while curtailing our digital rights. Unless we speak out now, decisions about internet policy are going to be made at the highest levels without our voices represented. Please sign this urgent petition calling on the G8 to adopt citizen-centered internet policies, which we’ll deliver at a press conference to the world media on Monday in Paris. Much more at www.accessnow.org
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. Today the Campaign for America’s Future is sending letters to all the major media demanding that the views of the American Majority be represented in the news programs, print articles and opinion pages, and in the non-stop daily and Sunday talk shows in which the debate about America’s future is being conducted as we move toward the showdown over the budget. We are demanding representation in the media proportional to the size of the American Majority. And we are making the point that the views of the majority are not irrational—and that in a democracy the majority deserves to be heard, not patronized. We are also supplying the media with an extensive list of economists, experts and advocates who share the majority view that deficits are not now the major threat to U.S. prosperity, and that getting revenue back into the budget is far less damaging (and more just) than cutting spending and crippling important programs for the poor and the elderly. And we are telling them that occasionally featuring the great Paul Krugman, as though his views represent a lonely majority, is not enough. ... The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org UPDATE! War Against War: A Meditation on Bradley Manning’s Mind By Scott Tucker “Bradley Manning’s Mind.” I took a deep breath when I read that title over this brief item recently posted on Truthdig ... Without our defense, a prisoner such as Bradley Manning is defenseless against the media, the military and the government. We can at least spread the word about the Bradley Manning Support Network. There has already been online discussion among gay folks and the queer left about the “Frontline” show that pathologized Manning, and now The Guardian video report features a soldier with blurred face saying Manning pissed in his pants and curled up on his bunk “in a fetal position.” Maybe he did, after being repeatedly insulted and assaulted by fellow soldiers, by the account of this same anonymous informant. ... If Manning’s mind was fractured, then (as the paradox is known in the Latin liturgy), felix culpa! If guilty as charged, then Manning is one of the people who helped fracture the state secrets of an anti-democratic bipartisan regime that keeps racking up and tracking down ever more political “suspects”—even while career politicians carry out imperial wars with ever more expensive high-tech weapons. The “intelligence” that Manning is charged with passing to WikiLeaks turned out to be one of the inspirations for the Arab rebellions across the Middle East and North Africa; and there has been a real earthquake in the fields of mass media and journalism, with aftershocks following almost weekly. If the traditional guardians of the daily news so deeply resent Bradley Manning and WikiLeaks, that is because they long ago traded away integrity and independence in the sly scramble for “access” to power, press conferences and photo opportunities. Show me a human being without fractures and I’ll show you a robot. Much more at link.
EMAIL UPDATE! Help us reach our goal of a half million by signing the petition, and passing it on. Add your name! AND Vote for Bradley in the 2011 Time Magazine 100 Poll here!
Add your name to this petition Eminent US legal scholars protest 'torture' of Bradley Manning.
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackeberries, Droid and other phonesto help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. The T.J. Martell Foundation is the music industry's largest foundation funding cutting edge medical research focused on finding cures for leukemia, cancer and AIDS. The Foundation sources and supports early-stage research projects aimed at developing more effective treatments for patients which otherwise might not be funded. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,454 US Military Dead as of May 27, 2011
AFGHANISTAN: 1,595 US Military Dead as of May 27, 2011
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. See Politifact Statements ABC News 'This Week'
• White House Economic Adviser Austan Goolsbee
• Marwan Muasher, the former Foreign Minister of Jordan
• ROUNDTABLE: Paul Krugman of The New York Times, chief economis of the Chamber of Commerce Martin Regalia and Chrystia Freeland of Thomson Reuters
• ROUNDTABLE II: Republican political adviser Mark McKinnon, ABC News' senior political correspondent, Jonathan Karl, former Clinton press secretary Dee Dee Myers and the Republican presidential candidate rising in the polls, Herman Cain.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer - Topics: Jobs, Medicare reform and campaign 2012
• House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)
• Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour (R)
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Speed Traders - Steve Kroft gets a rare look inside the secretive world "high-frequency trading," a controversial technique the SEC is scrutinizing in which computers can make thousands of stock trades in less than a second. Tom Anderson and Coleman Cowan are the producers.
• City of David - Lesley Stahl reports from under the city of Jerusalem from a controversial archeological dig that has become a flashpoint in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Shachar Bar-On is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish. See their website MeetTheFacts.com updating soon!
• Programming Note: Meet the Press will not air this Sunday, June 5th, due to NBC Sports’ coverage of the French Open.
• MTP will be back on Sunday, June 12 with a debate between the chairs of the RNC and DNC
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Austan Goolsbee, Chief Economist, President's Economic Advisory Board
• 2012 GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul
• former director of the Office of Management and Budget, Alice Rivlin
• former director of the Congressional Budget Office, Douglas Holtz-Eakin
• former White House communications director Anita Dunn
• Ed Gillespie, the former Republican National Committee chairman and Counselor to President Bush
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
• FRONT PORCH TUESDAY!!!!!! Bob updates his June/July schedule including going to DC to protest Mountain Top Removal and then Minneapolis for Net Roots Nation and rails against Big Coal! Listen HERE (mp3)!
Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - June 2, 2011 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Obama nominates a 'radical environmentalist' for Commerce Secretary?!?; FDA sued over antibiotic-resistant superbugs; No wildlands for YOU!; Killer cucumbers; PLUS: The Arctic is melting (see photo at right), yet the media is obsessed with Weiner (see photo everywhere else) ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Palin: Gas Prices Are So High We Might Not Finish Our PAC-Funded Vacation; Canadian government deliberately left oilsands data out of UN report; Ice melt to close off Arctic's interior; Corexit Makes Oil Spills Worse; Oil industry slams EPA's regulatory review; How does oil speculation raise gas prices?; 3 CA Condors Die of Lead Poisoning; Philly Moves Ahead With 25-Year Water Management Plan; Stores Stock New Bulbs for the Light Switch; P&G to develop 100% bio ingredients; Energy efficiency is THE core climate solution ... PLUS: The Right’s Environmental Wish List ... Links to STORIES DISCUSSED IN TODAY'S 'GREEN NEWS REPORT' at Green News Report! Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
UPDATE! Radiation at Fukushima Unit 1 'Highest Since Crisis Began'; Steam Rising Through Reactor Floor In mid-May, TEPCO officials admitted that Unit 1 at the Fukushima Daiichi power plant had been "in a state of meltdown" with nuclear fuel rods exposed, and likely having melted through the bottom of their steel containment vessel, following the March 11 earthquake and tsunami. Several days later, the company admitted the same may also be true for Units 2 and 3. In related news, as we noted in last Tuesday's Green News Report, following massive demonstrations last weekend in Germany, Chancellor Angela Merkel has announced the country will decommission all of their nuclear plants by 2022 in favor of safe renewable energy initiatives.....more at BradBlog.com.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Live! Weekly on KGO PBC Live! Weekly on KGO Your humble host has been remiss in keeping you apprised of his other media activities. Since February, I’ve been hosting a regular weekly show on KGO, the leading San Francisco talk station with a huge coverage area–at night, you can hear it anywhere on the West Coast. TFN (till further notice), you can hear me every Friday night–or, more precisely, Saturday morning, from 1-5 am (PDT) on 810-AM or streaming at www.kgoradio.com. If you’d like to be alerted each week, sign up on Facebook as a fan of “Peter B. Collins Show” or you can follow me on Twitter, @pbcsf
• PBC Podcast 256 Boiling Frogs: Pepe Escobar on Arab Spring and bin Laden Death Reports Pepe Escobar, the globetrotting correspondent for Asia Times, returns for a Boiling Frogs interview, co-hosted with Sibel Edmonds.
• PBC Podcast 257 Honoring Journalist Gary Webb; Update on Fukushima Nuke Crisis Gary Webb, the investigative reporter who broke the story on the CIA connection to the crack cocaine epidemic and later took his own life, is remembered by Jeffrey Klein and Robert Parry; Kevin Kamps, of BeyondNuclear.org, updates us on the nuclear crisis and coverup in Japan.
• PBC Podcast 258 Filmmaker Maurice Jacobsen on Gaza and Peace Process; Dr. Rock, RIPAmerican filmmaker Maurice Jacobsen on his documentary Inshallah, about the life & people of Gaza; a tribute to Bay Area DJ and musicologist, Dr. Rock.
• PBC Podcast 259 Brad Friedman on Wisconsin Recount; Ian Brennan on Anger Management; Gary Chew on Woody Allen’s “Midnight in Paris”Estimable journalist Brad Friedman of Bradblog returns to update us on the sordid details of the recount in the Wisconsin Supreme Court election of April 5; Ian Brennan, musician and producer, on his book Anger Antidotes: How Not to Lose Your S#&!, and Gary Chew reviews the new Woody Allen flick, set in Paris.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! June 4th, 2010
• This week on Ring of Fire: former secretary of labor Robert Reich will be joining us to discuss the great switch by the super rich – how the wealthiest people in America went from paying taxes to lending the government money.
• We’ll also talk with documentary film director Bill Haney about a film he and Bobby did together called “The Last Mountain.”
• We’ll hear from author Chris Mooney about how Republicans, and even some Democrats, are able to completely ignore things like science, logic, and reason so that they don’t have to change their own beliefs.
• And best-selling author Frank Schaeffer will be joining us to talk about how today’s conservative mantras – government is bad and corporations are great – were all started by the religious right decades ago.
• VIDEO! Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. – The Last Mountain“In the valleys of Appalachia, a battle is being fought over a mountain. It is a battle with severe consequences that affect every American, regardless of their social status, economic background or where they live. It is a battle that has taken many lives and continues to do so the longer it is waged. It is a battle over protecting our health and environment from the destructive power of Big Coal. The mining and burning of coal is at the epicenter of America’s struggle to balance its energy needs with environmental concerns. Nowhere is that concern greater than in Coal River Valley, West Virginia, where a small but passionate group of ordinary citizens are trying to stop Big Coal corporations, like Massey Energy, from continuing the devastating practice of Mountain Top Removal.” See thelastmountainmovie.com
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Tea Party Attempts to Re-Write History The Republicans have found a way to combat the fact that their views are completely out of touch with reality – they’ve decided that they are just going to create their own reality. That’s what Tea Party darling Mike Huckabee is doing with his attempts to re-write history, and the Teabagger Republicans are giving him their full support.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• William Hartung, author of Prophets of War, on profits of war
• Guy Lawson talks his Rolling Stone Article on Stoner Arms Dealers [06•01•11]
• Author Jeff Madrick on the Age of Greed, The Triumph of Finance and the Decline of America [06•02•11]
• Reporter Ryan Gallagher on the New Spanish Revolution [06•02•11]
• Cliff Schecter calls in to talk jobs report, Herman Cain train, Chris Christie & more! [06•03•11]
MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityreport.official.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• VIDEO! The Official Silver Liberation Army! See SilverLiberationArmy.com !
• VIDEO! Peter Schiff RT interview 03 June 2011
• [VIDEO] Generation OS13: The new culture of resistance by stacyherbert Stacy Summary: h/t Debt Slave
• Lahoob Alerts! Seven Billion Dollar Weather Disasters for US; ‘Unusual’ Heatwave in Desert Kingdom; & Drought Grows ‘More Dire’ For Texas & Oklahoma by stacyherbert Stacy Summary: Lahoob! Krakoo! You know things are getting funky when a desert kingdom has an ‘unusual’ heatwave.
• GIABO & Mutant Capitalism Read Bankrupt Nations Try To Stop The Future From Happening, Fail at zerohedge
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report: Neo-Feudal Gulag Casino State (E151) We interview Jon Matonis.
• KEISER REPORT [KR152] Keiser Report – Regime Change in Greece Now! We interview Gonzalo Lira.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM1202] The Truth About Markets – 04 June 2011 Download mp3 HERE Donations to ResonanceFM here.
• ON THE EDGE [OTE109] On the Edge with John Perkins
• ON THE EDGE [OTE113] On the Edge with J.S. Kim of SmartknowledgeU.com We interview J.S. Kim. Next week’s guest will be Peter Schiff, so if you have any questions, also submit those below.
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Eric Margolis May 26, 2011: Eric Margolis, foreign correspondent and author of War at the Top of the World and American Raj, discusses the close watch the US is keeping on Pakistan’s nuclear weapons sites, creating suspicions that a confiscatory raid is being planned; how recent events make the Pakistani military look weak and incompetent; how the crucial and fragile US supply line from Pakistan to Afghanistan could be the object of retaliation against further military incursions; how billions in US “aid” convinces Pakistan’s elite to wage a very unpopular war in the tribal areas; and the open question of who could replace CIA-asset Hamid Karzai in Afghanistan to make a legitimate government.
• Gareth Porter June 03, 2011: Gareth Porter, independent historian and journalist for IPS News, discusses Asia Times journalist Syed Saleem Shahzad’s apparent murder by Pakistan’s ISI for exposing al-Qaeda’s infiltration of Pakistan’s military; how the Afghan Taliban and al-Qaeda share a common opposition to US occupation, but not much else; the strained and complicated US/Pakistan relationship; the preliminary “talk about talk” dialogue with the Taliban that is highly unlikely to end in a peace deal; and how Washington is finally coming to grips with the economic limitations of permanent war – which may hasten withdrawal from Afghanistan.
• Jeffrey Kaye June 03, 2011: Jeffrey Kaye, writer for Truthout and Firedoglake, discusses his article “Deconstructing the Campaign to Malign Award-Winning Article on Guantanamo ‘Suicides’” about (the other) Scott Horton’s exposé; the many half-truths and misrepresentations in Alex Koppelman’s Adweek hit piece; how Koppelman’s publication in Adweek sends a message to magazine publishers and advertisers about what is beyond the pale in mainstream media; the Seton Hall study on the botched NCIS investigation of the “suicides;” and the inconclusive autopsy – due to conspicuously missing body parts – done by Swiss pathologist Patrice Mangin (spun by Koppelman as an endorsement of the suicide theory).
• Benjamin Tua June 03, 2011: Benjamin Tua, retired Foreign Service Officer and contributor to Foreign Policy in Focus, discusses his article “Winners and Losers in a New Middle East;” why Egypt’s elections will likely result in something markedly more democratic than Mubarak’s regime; why Israel, faced with the Arab spring and a renewed Middle East, should accept a two-state solution based on 1967 borders before it’s too late; the other Jewish organizations challenging AIPAC’s dominance, while young Jews are increasingly sympathetic to Palestinians; and the enduring myths used to justify intervention in Libya.
• Anthony Gregory June 03, 2011: Anthony Gregory, Editor in Chief of Campaign for Liberty, discusses Murray Rothbard’s book Wall Street, Banks, and American Foreign Policy (with an introduction by Anthony Gregory); banks and the war machine, closely collaborating since the 1800s; shattering the left-right paradigm and finding the intersection of corporate power and public corruption; why the US economic system is not now, and has never been, based on unfettered free market capitalism; and how the state apparatus attracts those seeking power and privilege, putting the lie to the Marxist theory of capturing government to “help the little guy.”
Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Sarah Palin, Former Vice Presidential Candidate / Fox News Contributor
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml