Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below!
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Another Mixed Bag So President Not Sure gave a big speech about a troop withdrawal, everyone is going crazy about the deficit while even if ALL the troops in Afghanistan left it would only account for a small amount of the deficit. NPR's Scott Horsley puts it this way: "If we're bringing home 10,000 troops this year, that means you'll be spending $10 billion less next year. Another $23 billion in savings when you bring the balance of the surge troop home. But that still leaves 68,000 troops in Afghanistan, so we're still going to be spending a considerable sum in that country. That said, the war costs are about 17 percent of the defense budget. So you could end this war tomorrow, and it would not go very far towards balancing the budget." Uh, what about the other 83%, Scott? Robert Parry at ConsortiumNews.com explains the long sordid history of Bob Gates’s ‘Business’ of Lying as Defense Secretary Robert Gates finally retires. In 1991, Gates’s nomination stood at a crossroads of several intersecting scandals including:
State of War included explosive revelations about a series of illegal or potentially illegal actions taken by President Bush, including the domestic wiretapping program. It also disclosed how President Bush secretly pressured the CIA to use torture on detainees in secret prisons around the world; how the White House and CIA leadership ignored information before the 2003 invasion of Iraq that showed that Iraq did not have weapons of mass destruction; documented how, in the aftermath of the invasion, the Bush Administration punished CIA professionals who warned that the war in Iraq was going badly; showed how the Bush Administration turned a blind eye to Saudi involvement in terrorism; and revealed that the CIA's intelligence operations on weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, Iran and other countries were completely dysfunctional, and even reckless.
(To understand the function of the American media and American political culture: please re-read that paragraph -- describing revelations of pervasive lawbreaking and corruption at the highest levels of government from one reporter in one book -- and compare the media's indifferent and/or supportive treatment of that revealed conduct to the orgy of intense, obsessive condemnation directed at Anthony Weiner; or compare how the perpetrators of that conduct revealed by Risen are treated with great respect to the universal scorn heaped on Weiner). Particularly because of the NSA revelation, Risen was despised by Bush officials and was the target of a right-wing hate campaign (including suggestions -- from administration officials and prominent others -- that he be prosecuted for espionage). Risen compiles ample evidence in his Affidavit to argue that the Subpoena issued to him in the Sterling case was a by-product of the administration's efforts to harm him; he writes: "the administration was embarrassed by the disclosures I made in the course of my reporting for State of War as well as in The New York Times, and eventually singled me out as a target for political harassment." Indeed, Risen argues -- persuasively -- that the investigation to unmask his source, and the prosecution of Sterling itself, is little more than a means of punishing him for his reporting and for intimidating similar disclosures in the future... Huh. In other words, OBAMA JUSTICE DEPT. TO BUBALAS: Stick to stenography or you'll be next! Hang in there Jim Risen! Get his book too State of War: The Secret History of the C.I.A. and the Bush Administration.
Dean Baker at Truthout.org stares down the GOP and tries to make them blink in The Endgame on the Debt Ceiling
As it stands now, we are being told that the Republicans are insisting that there will be no increase in the debt ceiling without large cuts to the budget. Since the Republicans won't go along with any major cuts to the military budget, this means big cuts to the rest of the budget. These cuts would have to include cuts to Medicare and Medicaid, and possibly Social Security as well, since everything else in the non-military portion of the budget does not amount to much. According to this story, President Obama might be forced to make major cuts to the core social insurance programs in order to prevent the disaster of a debt default that would result from not raising the debt ceiling. However the actual picture is a bit different. There is no doubt that the failure to raise the debt ceiling would be very bad news for the economy. If the government had to default on its debt, it would shake the financial markets even more than the collapse of Lehman in September of 2008. We would see a freeze-up of lending and companies would be forced to dump millions of workers, as they could no longer meet their payrolls. ... While the country will still be left standing following a debt default, there is one important sector that will not be standing: Wall Street. A debt default would almost certainly make all the major banks insolvent as they would have to mark down the value of US government debt, which had been held as a completely safe asset. The loss of value would also apply to all the assets backed by the government, such as the mortgage-backed securities issued by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Even when the economy revived, the US financial sector would never hold the same place in the world as it does today. Without the ironclad financial backing of the US government standing behind them, the Wall Street gang could never again be the dominant actor in international financial markets. This fact is essential in understanding the endgame on the debt ceiling. ... The gun is pointed most directly at Wall Street's head, and this incredibly powerful lobby is not going to let Congress pull the trigger. This means that at the end of the day, President Obama holds the cards. He could say that he wants a clean debt ceiling bill and no deals on cutting back the country's key social insurance programs. Of course, that may not be President Obama's agenda. Ya think, Dean? Wasn't it President Not Sure who convened the Cat Food Commission in the first place? "Obama nor Congress wants to get caught cutting Social Security and Medicare in public...So instead, they are foisting off this unpleasant task onto the Deficit Commission, showing what the lawyers call "due diligence," sucking their thumbs and pretending to study how to cut the deficit" explained MoJo's James Ridgeway last August. Once a neo-lib, always a neo-lib, eh?
WaPo's E.J. Dionne gets in on the Voter-Fraud-BS story How states are rigging the 2012 election calling it what is: "Are we now going to witness a subtle return of Jim Crow voting laws?" while Ryan J. Reilly over at TPMMuckraker blows a giant hole in the "Voter-Fraud" ship Election Expert Can't Find Report On 1984 Voter Impersonation Case Cited By von Spakovsky A prominent law professor who writes about election law wants to know where former Bush administration official Hans von Spakovsky got a copy of a 1984 grand jury report that he used in an article about the threat of voter impersonation fraud. In a 2008 report for the Heritage Foundation titled "Stolen Identities, Stolen Votes: A Case Study In Voter Impersonation" and in a companion Fox News op-ed, von Spakovsky used the grand jury document to cite cases "well within living memory" that took place between 1968 and 1982. Rick Hasen, a law professor at UC Irvine who writes at Election Law Blog, is working on a book about the voting wars since 2000. He's trying to examine the evidence of voter impersonation fraud, but is having trouble finding the original report. ... Hasen said there is very little available about what happened in Brooklyn absent two New York Times articles written on the case. He wrote emails to von Spakovsky and later the president of the Heritage Foundation to request the supporting documents. He also pinged a listserv of 850 election law professors, lawyers and historians to see if they knew of a copy. No such luck. "There may not be another copy. I don't know how he got it. So I'd like to see it," Hasen said. ...There was no response to an email TPM sent to von Spakovsky on Monday. HA! We go to BradBlog for The 'Judicial Insider Trading' of Justice Clarence Thomas and Wife 'Ginni' Brad interviews watchdog attorney Kevin Zeese on KPFK... He had inappropriate sexual entanglements with a number of women and lied about it repeatedly to the American people. Yet nobody --- save for one Colorado law school prof --- seems to be calling for Justice Clarence Thomas' resignation for some reason. That, even though Thomas, unlike Rep. Anthony Weiner, appears to have actually, and flagrantly, and repeatedly, broken the law.... While there has been little indication that law enforcement is actually investigating the crimes of the U.S. Supreme Court Justice (which, as we pointed out in January, are punishable by up to $50,000 and/or 1 year in jail for each instance of falsification), last Friday when Thomas' Financial Disclosure Form for 2010 [PDF] was released, the matter appears to have gotten shadier still, leading at least one government watchdog organization to describe what Thomas and his wife Virginia "Ginni" Thomas may be been doing as "Judicial Insider Trading." ... Not to be outdone, Ian Millhiser at ThinkProgress digs up Clarence Thomas Decided Three Cases Where AEI Filed a Brief After AEI Gave Him a $15,000 Gift In 2001, a conservative, corporate-aligned think tank called the American Enterprise Institute (AEI) gave Justice Clarence Thomas the gift of a $15,000 bust of Abraham Lincoln. At the ceremony presenting Thomas with this very expensive gift, AEI president Christopher DeMuth explained that the bust was “cast in 1914 by the great neo-classical sculptor Adolph Alexander Weinman.” [video] AEI, however, is not simply in the business of giving luxurious gifts to Supreme Court justices — it is also in the business of litigating before the United States Supreme Court. ThinkProgress uncovered three briefs that AEI filed in Thomas’ Court after Thomas received their $15,000 gift. Thomas recused from none of these three cases, and he either voted in favor of the result AEI favored or took a stance that was even further to the right in each case...Although there is no evidence that AEI gave Thomas the $15,000 gift specifically to buy his vote in a particular case, Thomas’ decision to sit on cases where his benefactor has a demonstrated interest creates a very serious appearance of impropriety. No one would trust a judge to hear their case if they learned that someone on the other side of the case had given that judge a rare and expensive gift. Meanwhile Athens News pegs this headline from Reuters Government survives vote; protesters chant insults The assembly voted confidence in the government, reshuffled by Prime Minister George Papandreou to stiffen resolve behind a painful new austerity programme, by 155 votes to 143 with two abstentions. All Papandreou's Socialist Party deputies voted solidly with the government. ... Protesters besieged parliament in Syntagma square, chanting slogans against the politicians, shining hundreds of green laser lights at the building and into the eyes of riot police outside and pushing their hands forward in a traditional insult. ... As parliament debated the confidence motion, demonstrators stepped up their protests in the square, where hundreds have camped for weeks to show their opposition to more austerity, which has deepened the worst recession for 37 years. "I believe we should go bankrupt and get it over with. These measures are slowly killing us," said 22-year-old student Efi Koloverou. "We want competent people to take over." ... Inside parliament the opposition poured similar disdain on the government. "This is not a programme to salvage the economy, it's a programme for pillage before bankruptcy," said Alexis Tsipras, head of the small opposition Left Coalition. George Washington at zerohedge picks up on this quote explaining It's not just Greece. As PhD economist Michael Hudson said in 2009:
And see It's Not the "Great Recession". It's the Great BANK ROBBERY and America Is Being Raped ... Just Like Greece and Other Countries. Do read these in-depth articles with even more articles linked to within! Great job GW!
From our enviro-desk we go to
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
JAPAN IN CRISIS JAPAN IN CRISIS Democracy Now! reports on the disaster in Japan following a massive 9.0-magnitude earthquake and tsunami and the resulting nuclear crisis.
»»» Filmmaker Marshall Curry, animal rights activist Andrew Stepanian & freelance reporter Will Potter @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW “If a Tree Falls”: New Documentary on Daniel McGowan, Earth Liberation Front and Green Scare June 22, 2011
»»» Author Liza Featherstone @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW 1.5 Million Female Wal-Mart Employees Lose Historic Sex Discrimination Case Before Supreme Court June 22, 2011
»»» Juan Cole @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Obama’s Afghan War Military Drawdown to Leave U.S. Occupation at Pre-Surge Levels June 23, 2011
»»» Former CIA Agent Glenn Carle @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Former CIA Agent Glenn Carle Reveals Bush Admin Effort to Smear War Critic Juan Cole REALTED: Former CIA Agent Glenn Carle Draws Agency Censorship with Chronicle of "War on Terror" Interrogation June 23, 2011
»»» Gareth Porter @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Obama Plan for Afghan War Withdrawal Will Leave Troop Size at Pre-Surge Levels June 24, 2011
»»» Kitty Piercy, mayor of Eugene, Oregon @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Citing Domestic Economic Crisis, U.S. Mayors Back Resolution to Redirect War Funds Home June 24, 2011
»»» Detroit resident, Edith Lee-Payne and John Philo, legal director of the Maurice & Jane Sugar Law Center for Economic and Social Justice @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Michigan Residents File Lawsuit Challenging Emergency Law Installing Unelected City Managers June 24, 2011
»»» Haiti correspondent Dan Coughlin and Haïti Liberté editor, Kim Ives @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Haiti: Leaked Cables Expose U.S. Suppression of Min. Wage, Election Doubts and Elite’s Private Army June 25, 2011
»»» AP investigative journalist Jeff Donn @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW New Exposé Reveals Nuclear Regulatory Commission Colluded with Industry to Weaken Safety Standards June 25, 2011
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW America's Not Broke but our Healthcare System is
»»» Bill Moyers Bill Moyers: Reclaiming Our Media Power
»»» Columbia University professor Dorian Warren Dorian Warren: The 'Walmart Way'
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» NASCAR on TNT It's the Toyota/Save Mart 350 from Infineon Raceway in Sonoma! Coverage begins at TNT at 3 pm et
»»» MLB on TBS Interleague Play! Rockies @ Yankees! 2 pm et
»»» Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN INDIANS @ Giants 8 pm et GO TRIBE!
»»» Monday Night Baseball on ESPN Reds @ Rays 7 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
ACCESS NOW At BTV we're all about Net Neutrality but apparently the G8 is not. G8: Protect the Net by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: For the first time, the leaders of the G8 developed countries are going to discuss internet policy. Instead of promoting net neutrality and user privacy and combating online censorship, the French government has locked civil society out of these conversations, while inviting CEOs -- some of whom paid $100,000 for their seat at the table -- who are pushing policies like strict intellectual property enforcement, which will line corporate pockets while curtailing our digital rights. Unless we speak out now, decisions about internet policy are going to be made at the highest levels without our voices represented. Please sign this urgent petition calling on the G8 to adopt citizen-centered internet policies, which we’ll deliver at a press conference to the world media on Monday in Paris. Much more at www.accessnow.org
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. Today the Campaign for America’s Future is sending letters to all the major media demanding that the views of the American Majority be represented in the news programs, print articles and opinion pages, and in the non-stop daily and Sunday talk shows in which the debate about America’s future is being conducted as we move toward the showdown over the budget. We are demanding representation in the media proportional to the size of the American Majority. And we are making the point that the views of the majority are not irrational—and that in a democracy the majority deserves to be heard, not patronized. We are also supplying the media with an extensive list of economists, experts and advocates who share the majority view that deficits are not now the major threat to U.S. prosperity, and that getting revenue back into the budget is far less damaging (and more just) than cutting spending and crippling important programs for the poor and the elderly. And we are telling them that occasionally featuring the great Paul Krugman, as though his views represent a lonely majority, is not enough. ... The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org UPDATE! War Against War: A Meditation on Bradley Manning’s Mind By Scott Tucker “Bradley Manning’s Mind.” I took a deep breath when I read that title over this brief item recently posted on Truthdig ... Without our defense, a prisoner such as Bradley Manning is defenseless against the media, the military and the government. We can at least spread the word about the Bradley Manning Support Network. There has already been online discussion among gay folks and the queer left about the “Frontline” show that pathologized Manning, and now The Guardian video report features a soldier with blurred face saying Manning pissed in his pants and curled up on his bunk “in a fetal position.” Maybe he did, after being repeatedly insulted and assaulted by fellow soldiers, by the account of this same anonymous informant. ... If Manning’s mind was fractured, then (as the paradox is known in the Latin liturgy), felix culpa! If guilty as charged, then Manning is one of the people who helped fracture the state secrets of an anti-democratic bipartisan regime that keeps racking up and tracking down ever more political “suspects”—even while career politicians carry out imperial wars with ever more expensive high-tech weapons. The “intelligence” that Manning is charged with passing to WikiLeaks turned out to be one of the inspirations for the Arab rebellions across the Middle East and North Africa; and there has been a real earthquake in the fields of mass media and journalism, with aftershocks following almost weekly. If the traditional guardians of the daily news so deeply resent Bradley Manning and WikiLeaks, that is because they long ago traded away integrity and independence in the sly scramble for “access” to power, press conferences and photo opportunities. Show me a human being without fractures and I’ll show you a robot. Much more at link.
EMAIL UPDATE! Help us reach our goal of a half million by signing the petition, and passing it on. Add your name! AND Vote for Bradley in the 2011 Time Magazine 100 Poll here!
Add your name to this petition Eminent US legal scholars protest 'torture' of Bradley Manning.
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackeberries, Droid and other phonesto help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. The T.J. Martell Foundation is the music industry's largest foundation funding cutting edge medical research focused on finding cures for leukemia, cancer and AIDS. The Foundation sources and supports early-stage research projects aimed at developing more effective treatments for patients which otherwise might not be funded. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,463 US Military Dead as of June 24, 2011
AFGHANISTAN: 1,637 US Military Dead as of June 24, 2011
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. See Politifact Statements ABC News 'This Week'
• Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky.
• House Assistant Minority Leader James Clyburn, D-S.C.
• ranking member of the Senate Banking Committee Sen. Richard Shelby (R-Ala.)
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, former White House communications director Anita Dunn, Thomson Reuters' Chrystia Freeland and ABC's senior political correspondent Jonathan Karl.
• ROUNDTABLE II: George Will joins ABC News' senior foreign affairs correspondent Martha Raddatz and professor of international politics at Tufts University Vali Nasr.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• Hard Times Generation - For some children, socializing and learning in school are being cruelly complicated by homelessness, as Scott Pelley reports from Florida, where school buses now stop at budget motels for children who've lost their homes. Robert Anderson, Daniel Ruetenik and Nicole Young are the producers.
• Wynton Marsalis - Jazz missionary Wynton Marsalis shares his love of America's most distinctive art form by taking his Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra around the world. Morley Safer tags along as Marsalis and his musicians make the scene in London and then go to Havana for a spicy Afro-Cuban musical treat. David Browning and Diane Beasley are the producers. (This is a double-length segment.)
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish. See their website MeetTheFacts.com updating soon!
• Chris Christie (R-NJ)
• Armed Services Committee members Sen. Jack Reed (D-RI)
• Sen. Jim Webb (D-VA).
• ROUNDTABLE: BBC’s Katty Kay, The NYT’s Matt Bai and David Brooks
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Rep. Mike Rogers, the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee.
• House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi
• Sen. Jim DeMint
• Bill Burton, former deputy press secretary for President Obama
• Michael Gerson, former speechwriter for President George W. Bush
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
• PRAYER MEETIN' WEDNESDAY!!!!!! Bob talks about his most excellent adventure to Minnesota and Netroots Nation! The feature film was The Last Mountain! Listen HERE (mp3)! This week Bob will be talking real American History at the PRISM-WV Summer Academy starting Tuesday! Catch the video stream Tue-Fri beginning at 9 am each day on the Head-On With Bob Kincaid USTREAM Channel!
Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - June 23rd, 2011 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Summer of Floods, Summer of Fires: today's unlucky town is Minot, ND; Bad news for US nukes; Sea level rise accelerating; PLUS: Al Gore slams Obama on climate change, Fox "News" gets all confused ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Can nuclear waste storage co-exist with nearby oil & gas drilling?; Drilling co. sells kids on fracking with new coloring book; Google hits $780M in total clean energy investing; Seafood processors accused of violations; Conservative group sues NASA for climate scientist's records; How livable streets make us happier humans; Answers from the E. coli outbreak in Germany; Are architects the change agents for the new Green Economy?; GOP House votes to weaken Clean Air permits for oil-drillers; Transocean blames BP for Gulf Oil Spill Disaster; Canada opposes labeling Asbestos as hazardous; DoD plans large-scale integration of electric vehicles; Civil Disobedience in DC this summer to stop the Keystone XL tar sands p pipeline; Congress: Let's just rename it the "Dirty Water Act" ... PLUS: Which cities can best adapt to climate change? (Congrats, Cleveland!) ... Links to STORIES DISCUSSED IN TODAY'S 'GREEN NEWS REPORT' at Green News Report! Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
BRADCAST UPDATE! Brad hosted the Mike Malloy Show so listen here!
- THU 6/16: GOP Presidential candidate Fred Karger & Attorney Ernest Canning
- FRI 6/17: 'Allegiance to Palin' co-authors Ken Morris & Jeanne 'AKMuckraker' Devon
- MON 6/20: Mediaite's Tommy Christopher & 'ImaginePolitik' Author Richard Averett
- TUE 6/21: WI's election debacle & Green News Reports' Desi Doyen
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Live! Weekly on KGO PBC Live! Weekly on KGO Your humble host has been remiss in keeping you apprised of his other media activities. Since February, I’ve been hosting a regular weekly show on KGO, the leading San Francisco talk station with a huge coverage area–at night, you can hear it anywhere on the West Coast. TFN (till further notice), you can hear me every Friday night–or, more precisely, Saturday morning, from 1-5 am (PDT) on 810-AM or streaming at www.kgoradio.com. If you’d like to be alerted each week, sign up on Facebook as a fan of “Peter B. Collins Show” or you can follow me on Twitter, @pbcsf
• PBC Podcast 264 ‘Iron Man’ Reveals Pre-9/11 Intel, Coverup; Details on FBI Raids on American Peace Dr. Jeffrey Kaye of Truthout on the revelations of “Iron Man”, a former military intelligence official who knew that al Qaeda was planning attacks on the twin towers and Pentagon; Chicago lawyer Michael Deutsch details the September, 2010 raid on 23 peace activists and compares it to COINTELPRO
• PBC Podcast 266 Area 51 Special: Author Annie Jacobsen plus Interloper Jack Boulware L. A. Times investigative reporter Annie Jacobsen on her new book about Area 51; plus writer Jack Boulware talks about his longtime coverage of UFologists and his visit to Area 51 20 years ago.
• PBC Podcast 267 Dahr Jamail Reports: Fukushima Much Worse than Reported; Will Durst on GOP Presidential Candidate Debate Dahr Jamail, now reporting for AlJazeera, talks about his recent article on Fukushima’s meltdowns, 20 times worse than Chernobyl; Will Durst on the GOP presidential field, such as it is.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! June 25th, 2010
• This week on Ring of Fire: Senator Al Franken will be joining us to discuss his role in the United States Senate.
• Markos Moulitsas, founder of the Daily Kos, will be here to talk about the dysfunctional state of American politics, and what progressives can do to help fix our broken Congress.
• Jared Bernstein, former chief economist and economic adviser to vice president Joe Biden, will tell us how the Obama Administration’s economic policies have prevented our economy from taking another nose dive.
• Radio host Shannyn Moore will be joining me to talk about the proposed Pebble Mine in Alaska that is threatening to destroy vital habitats for Alaskan salmon.
• And author Justin Krebs will be joining us to talk about how we can use our liberal values in ways that go far beyond voting and campaigning.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Conservatives Turn Colleges Into Ayn Rand UniversitiesA few weeks ago, the story broke about how the Koch Brothers had bought themselves a position of influence at Florida State University. But the story goes far beyond both FSU and the Koch Brothers. It turns out that right wing billionaires and think tanks have been actively buying positions at universities across America for years, just so they can help push their Ayn Rand, laissez-faire capitalism ideas about corporations being righteous, and government being evil. Mike Papantonio talks about how this happened, and how the GOP is trying to indoctrinate college students with investigative journalist Daniel Denvir.
• VIDEO! RFK, Jr.: How The Middle Class Disappeared There was a time in American history when the wealthiest Americans did their part to support our government and our country by simply paying taxes. Today however, they pay almost nothing in taxes, and they are the ones who are actually lending money to our federal government. As a result, they now own as much as 40% of our country’s national debt. Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. talks about how this happened, and why nobody noticed, with Robert Reich, former secretary of labor under president Bill Clinton, and Professor of Public Policy at the University of California at Berkeley.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: How Capitalism Has Failed Us Protesters in Wisconsin have taken to the streets to protest Republican Governor Scott Walker and his disastrous plan for their state. These protesters have been at it since February of this year. But in other areas of the country, Republicans are working to strip us of our rights, but the streets are empty. We don’t have protesters shining a spotlight on the corruption in other parts of the country, and because of this, the abuse just keeps coming. That’s why my next guest is so inspiring – Justin Jones is only 17, and yet he is more politically active than most people in this country, and we were pleased to have him back on Ring of Fire with us recently.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• Dahlia Lithwick on the Wal-Mart Class Action Lawsuit, Clarence Thomas ethics + more!
• Sam Seder vents his frustration with Obama regarding solar panels for the White House [06•21•11]
• Matt Taibbi on Michele Bachmann and the Right Shifting on War [06•23•11]
• Darius Charney of the Center for Constitutional Rights on Michigan Emergency Manager Law [06•23•11]
• El Senator Furiouso by the Screaming Majority [06•24•11]
MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityreport.official.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• VIDEO! The Official Silver Liberation Army! See SilverLiberationArmy.com !
• VIDEO! Jamie Dimon Pulls a Breitbart – Hijacks a Weiner’s Press Conference, Cries Like a Baby & Demands More Love! Stacy Summary: I’m 100% certain this guy is going to try to interrupt the recording of the next episode of the Keiser Report to ask whether the SLA can back down.
• Britain’s decline was extremely rapid after 1914 . . . America next? Read Decline and fall of the American empire at guardian.co.uk “The experience of both Rome and Britain suggests that it is hard to stop the rot once it has set in, so here are the a few of the warning signs of trouble ahead: military overstretch, a widening gulf between rich and poor, a hollowed-out economy, citizens using debt to live beyond their means, and once-effective policies no longer working. The high levels of violent crime, epidemic of obesity, addiction to pornography and excessive use of energy may be telling us something: the US is in an advanced state of cultural decadence.”
• What Keiser sees is the same thing that I see and everyone else who truly understands collapse sees… Read BLAME THE PEASANTS at collapsenet.com
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report – ‘U.S. Going Down Next After Greece’
• KEISER REPORT [RT155] Keiser Report: Economic Melt-Through
• KEISER REPORT [KR156] Keiser Report: Army of New Mubaraks We interview Saifedean Ammous
• KEISER REPORT [KR157] Keiser Report – Financial No-Go Zone We interview Demetri Kofinas
• KEISER REPORT [KR158] Keiser Report – The Greek Resistance & An Increase Wages Special We interview Steve Keen of DebtDeflation.com
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report: “Sandeep Jaitly, what is the Austrian School?”
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM1205] The Truth About Markets – 25 June 2011 Stacy Summary: We talk about the IEA oil dump, endlessely washing one’s hair, wages, uvulas, silver and money supply. Download mp3 HERE Donations to ResonanceFM here.
• ON THE EDGE On the Edge with Gerald Celente
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• John Lindsay-Poland June 6, 2011: John Lindsay-Poland, research and advocacy director of the Fellowship of Reconciliation, discusses his article “Pentagon Using Drug Wars as Excuse to Build Bases in Latin America” how using the military to fight the war on drugs only succeeds in increasing the level of violence; the range of options between current drug policy and outright legalization; how the drug crackdown has guaranteed the most ruthless individuals rise to the top of the black market; and the chorus of voices from the Mexican peace movement and victims of drug violence, speaking out against the military response to drug trafficking.
• Eric Margolis June 23, 2011: Eric Margolis, foreign correspondent and author of War at the Top of the World and American Raj, discusses the Assad regime’s deep entrenchment throughout Syrian society (good luck overthrowing it), the foreign governments behind some opposition groups, Israeli strategy: stir up trouble in multi-factioned Arab states and let infighting leave them as the last strong state standing; US intervention in Libya: humanitarian effort or Arab spring counterrevolution and why Iraq’s government will indeed invite the US to stay past year’s end.
• Gareth Porter June 23, 2011: Gareth Porter, independent historian and journalist for IPS News, discusses his article “90% of Petraeus’s Captured ‘Taliban’ Were Civilians,” fact checking Afghan War statistics to prove US claimed gains were illusory; the maze of US, JSOC, NATO jails and prisons, Petraeus’s effective PR blitz in late 2010 that pushed back withdrawal to 2014 and beyond and the expectation for a summer drawdown.
• William J. Astore June 25, 2011: William Astore, professor of history at the Pennsylvania College of Technology, discusses his TomDispatch piece “American Militarism is Not a Fairy Tale,” how civilian control of the military is falling out of favor, especially among Republican chickenhawks, military budget cuts off the table through 2012, thanks to Democrats afraid of being labeled “soft” on anything, the blurred line between civilian (CIA) and military operations, how Gen. Petraeus made his own foreign policy by making a media case for an Afghan surge in 2009 (which would have got him fired in another era) and how Ron Paul’s presidential candidacy gives Americans a real choice between republic and empire – for the first time in a century.
• Mike German June 25, 2011: Michael German, Policy Counsel for the ACLU’s Washington Legislative Office and former FBI Special Agent, discusses new and expanded FBI powers granted through lax Attorney General guidelines, that allow them to investigate any American for any (or no) reason without opening an official case and creating a paper trail, how we lost the protections put in place after Hoover era abuses and are back to persecuting groups based on their political beliefs and why giving law enforcement extra authority leads to more abuses, not more effective policing.
Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn
• Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Ariz.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml