Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below!
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
OUR BIG FAT GREEK DEBT Greece's parliament approved major austerity measures requested by the European Central Bank, the International Money Fund and major international banks amid Greek citizen protesters being attacked by Greek security forces using chemical weapons in the form of tear gas. We go to Numerian at The Agonist.com (h/t maddy) Everyone's a Helot Now
The Greek parliament voted to approve this week what might justly be titled “The Debt Enslavement Act of 2011”. Under this act, everyone in Greece gets to be a helot, and how bad could that be? It’s not like the old days. In ancient Greece the youth of Sparta participated every autumn in the Krypteia, a sort of military training exercise in which Spartans would hunt down and kill helots without fear of legal reprisal. The helots were Greeks too, just the wrong kind of Greeks – lower class, servile, tied to the land. Slaves, in effect. Modern day slaves aren’t tied to the land anymore – they are tied to their bank. So are governments, for that matter. How often have you read in the past few weeks that unimaginable economic consequences await us if Greece defaults? Angela Merkel said so. So did Nicolas Sarkozy, and now the new IMF head, Christine Lagarde, has said that the Greek opposition party needs to unite with the majority Socialist party to approve new tough austerity measures for the country. If they do, the IMF, the European Union, and the European Central Bank will release the last tranche of a previously-agreed loan. These three noble institutions, called “the Troika” by the press, are basically telling Greece “We are going to default on our loan commitments to you if you don’t deliver even more cutbacks, tax increases, asset sales, and unemployment than you previously promised.” The Troika, no doubt, does not enjoy trafficking in pain and suffering on a national scale, but apparently it is the only collateral they can get. The irony is, if Greece agrees to deliver more collateral – maybe we should call it collateral damage – they don’t really get any money. It just passes through Greece straight to the banks. ... How did Greece get to borrow so much money in the first place? It was a new member of the euro club, giving up the drachma for the privilege of joining Europe’s currency. That gave it the stamp of approval, since everyone knew that Greece had to meet very steep EU guidelines for fiscal prudence, including evidence that its public debt was kept at minimal levels below the EU ceiling. Except, it was all a lie. (See Greece Paid Goldman $300 Million To Help It Hide Its Ballooning Debts from Feb 2010 at businessinsider.com -Ed.) Goldman Sachs, and maybe some other banks, secretly engaged with the Greek government in a deception. The bank entered into off-market foreign currency derivative transactions that made it look like Greece’s debt repayments were within EU requirements. They weren’t, because hidden from the public eye, and even from the EU regulators, were billions of dollars of long term FX contracts that would have blown through the EU guidelines if they had been counted as debt obligations, which is what they really were. Greece got into this mess through massive deception, conniving with major global banks. And when the deception was unveiled a few years ago, the details were suppressed by Greece, by the EU, by Goldman Sachs, by US regulators – by every government that had any information about it. The Greek people have had to pay for this deception – they are paying for it even today – but no one in government or the banking industry involved in the fraud has been disciplined or fired or even publicly identified. When fraud of any sort, much less on this scale, is allowed to succeed, you must conclude that the system is rotten at the core. You can see, then, why the drama surrounding the Greek debt situation appears manufactured, since the problem was the result of a deceit in the first place. When governments talk about terrible consequences, they are really talking about the terrible consequences to themselves if a corrupt, secretive, and predatory financial system is allowed to collapse. The important thing for them is to keep the system going. If you want to see this principle in action, take a look at the recent proposal from the French banks to “help” Greece roll over its debt. Read much more! Then from Australia's theage.com.au Greece 'first carriage' in train wreck: RBA's McKibbin Australian central bank board member Warwick McKibbin said the fiscal outlook “is what I call the slow motion train wreck -- the first carriage to break is going to be the Greek economy, but we have a series of economies facing very serious fiscal adjustment,” McKibbin, a professor at Australian National University whose board term ends July 30, said in a speech in Melbourne. He said his comments reflected his personal views, not the central bank's. ... “There's almost guaranteed collapse or crisis in the euro zone and there's serious global inflation problems and a policy response looming. All of these have implication for relative commodity prices.” Jesse's Crossroads Cafe explains in The US Non-Recovery (h/t msgeaux) When you socialize the losses and privatize the gains for a powerful few, when you reward the perpetrators and punish the innocent and unsophisticated victims of fraud, when you idolize greed, selfishness and deception and vilify simple hard work and honest decency, how can one really expect a healthy, vibrant economy? You are birthing a monster. Austerity will not improve this picture, and will inflict intense misery on the growing number of unfortunates. They know this, but they don't care. When the oppressed react, there will be calls to put them down, to subdue them, savagely. Provoke and react. Never waste a crisis, and if you need it, create one. This is the road to hell. And he's not talking about GREECE!!! Neither is TYLER DURDEN at zerohedge Tim Geithner: Welcome To The Unemployment Line
The last rat is preparing to jump from the SS Obamic: GEITHNER SAID TO CONSIDER LEAVING TREASURY AFTER BUDGET DEAL. Explains why the market just ripped. In the meantime, a cubicle at 270 Park is being prepared. From Bloomberg: Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner has signaled to White House officials that he’s considering leaving the administration after President Barack Obama reaches an agreement with Congress to raise the national debt limit, according to three people familiar with the matter. Geithner hasn’t made a final decision and won’t do so until the debt ceiling issue has been resolved, according to one of the people. All spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss private discussions. The Treasury secretary has said the U.S. risks defaulting on its obligations if Congress doesn’t raise the $14.3 trillion debt ceiling by Aug. 2. The administration and congressional Republicans are at an impasse in negotiations to raise the limit, which also is tied to efforts to cut the nation’s long- term deficit. An exit by Geithner would complete the turnover in Obama’s original economic team, with Council of Economic Advisers Chairman Austan Goolsbee scheduled to leave in early August to return to the University of Chicago. That would leave Obama with two key posts to fill as Republicans are seeking to turn the 2012 election into a referendum on Obama’s handling of the economy and the recovery is slowing. The unemployment rate rose to 9.1 percent in May, according to the Labor Department, and the U.S. economy grew at a 1.9 percent pace in the first quarter, according to Commerce Department figures released June 24. Geithner, 49, has told associates that he needs a break from government service after dealing with the turmoil that followed the collapse of Wall Street firms including Bear Stearns Cos. and Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc., first as president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York and then as Obama’s treasury secretary. Family considerations also are playing a role in Geithner’s deliberations, according to the people. His son has decided to finish his final year of high school in New York. If Geithner does leave the administration, Obama would be losing a member of his economic team who understands Washington institutions and the New York banking world as well the intricacies of the Chinese economy. Geithner has pressed the Chinese to let their currency appreciate faster to reduce the global imbalances that both he and Obama have blamed for financial uncertainty. In addition to Goolsbee, who announced his decision to return to the University of Chicago earlier this month, three other top Obama economic advisers already have departed. At the CEA, Goolsbee replaced Romer, who returned to teaching at the University of California at Berkeley last September. National Economic Council Director Lawrence Summers and Office of Management and Budget Director Peter Orszag left the administration last year. Summers returned to Harvard University, and Orszag is now vice chairman of global banking at Citigroup Inc.
Thanks Tyler and we're all cheering Timmeh's departure but what other economic troglodytes will replace all of them? YVES SMITH at Naked Capitalism is shocked. Quelle Surprise! Greece is REALLY REALLY Bad at Collecting Taxes! Big Bad Bank, via Richard Smith, pointed out a post last fall that didn’t seem to get the traction it deserved (when market sentiment about Greece was peculiarly less pessimistic than now) that Greek tax administration is world class wretched. This matters because even if you operate under the fantasy that austerity works, you still have to be able to cut expenditures and raise taxes. But the logic of “raising taxes” is that if you increase tax rates, you’ll increase tax receipts. If you are already really terrible at collecting taxes, the odds are high that rate increase will not translate fully into higher tax revenues. And even if Greece were to decide to improve its tax apparatus, the machinery is in such wretched shape that it would take years of investment (and changes in laws) to make a dent.The worst is that when your read this description (which I am excerpting at length, the details are intriguing and damning), although corruption plays a significant role, terrible institutional and systems design is an even bigger culprit. Now for some sanity go read SENATOR BERNIE SANDERS 90-MINUTE SPEECH
Here's one that NOBODY in the US Corporomedia picked up (from our week off) at TheIntelHub.com Alexander Higgins - Contributing Writer Court Rules US Taxpayer Not BP Or Transocean Liable For Gulf Oil Spill Clean Up Costs
The US District Courts have ruled that since oil is no longer flowing from the Macando Well, BP and Transocean are not liable for cleanup costs and damages from the BP Gulf Oil Spill since the “well has already been sealed and the injury has already been committed”. In the ruling the court went on record that the Federal Government is in charge of the oil spill clean up efforts. Thus any damages related to the cleanup are now the burden of the Federal Government, meaning the US Taxpayer. The ruling means that Taxpayers are not only liable for the clean up of the BP Gulf Oil Spill, but it also means that any damages caused by deficiencies of the clean up in the Gulf is also the responsibility of the US Taxpayer. US Taxpayer? This means YOU! Higgins points to courthousenews.com in Pasadena for this report: BP Wins a Big One in Oil Spill Litigation so read this now and share with your electeds to tell them how you feel about Brutal Polluters (BP). Here's a small visual reminder: The BTV report from last year is Brick TeeVee Spill Baby Spill? and DAHR JAMAIL provided excellent coverage. Here's just ONE from August 2 2010 at alternet.org BP's Rosy Predictions Are B.S. -- Scientists Say Gulf Spill Will Have Catastrophic Impact for Generations Contrary to recent media reports of a quick recovery in the Gulf of Mexico, scientists and biologists are terrified about impacts that will likely span "several decades". And if you missed it last week Peter B's Podcast 267 Dahr Jamail Reports: Fukushima Much Worse than Reported; Will Durst on GOP Presidential Candidate Debate Don't forget to read AL GORE's Climate of Denial in Rolling Stone. Do it NOW before it goes up behind the pay walll! While yer there take in MATT TAIBBI Michele Bachmann's Holy War - The Tea Party contender may seem like a goofball, but be warned: Her presidential campaign is no laughing matter. Don't expect much of this on the Sunday Pie Fights! This Anampout goes with an Independence Day theme "The Battle for the Constitution" with ERIC MICHAEL DYSON telling George Will "Pull my finger" and Pulitzer-Prize-Winner-turned-undocumented-immigrant JOSE ANTONIO VARGAS (formerly of the WaPo). Face the Bob goes with a Guvnor's Roundtable with EXCELLENT Brick Target OH Guv JOHN KASICH who recently quipped about OH Dems, “It’s all in the pursuit of selfish power.” Whadda maroon! Kettle meet pot? Face it Kasich has no grasp of irony OR hypocrisy! Then State of the Candy gets JOHN "Crazy Train" MCCAIN and a big kettle of fish. Meet the David gets centre-court - pre-empted for the Wimbledon Men's finals and FAKE SNOOZE is useless propaganda as usual. Plenty more REAL NEWS below in BTV Alerts and our regulars. The Brick TeeVee Crew has been taking advantage of good weather this week to attend to a MAJOR outdoor painting project. We should have it wrapped up before the holiday is over, lots of work up high on ladders. Meanwhile the garden has been humming along nicely with NO CRITTER INVASIONS so far! Enjoy yer Independence Day on Monday and don't forget to watch the hot dog eating contest LIVE from Coney Island on ESPN NOON! And for the first time the competition will be divided into Men's & Women's competitions! Said master of ceremonies George Shea, "Serena Williams didn't have to beat Roger Federer to win the Wimbledon title, and we don't think Sonya Thomas should have to beat Joey Chestnut." This year again features world champion Chestnut, nicknamed Jaws. The 27-year-old from San Jose, Calif., ate his way to a fourth consecutive championship last year by downing 54 dogs for the $20,000 purse. Notably absent again this year is his chief rival, Takeru Kobayashi, who held the world record for hot dog eating from 2001 to 2007 but plans his own eating contest on a Manhattan rooftop seven miles away. Three Chinese contenders flew in from Beijing to join the competition, which will be televised live on ESPN. "To me, this excitement is similar to when women were given the right to vote," says challenger Larell Marie Mele, a 133-pounder from Long Pond, Pa. The female competition will start at 11:30 a.m. The Crew will chow down their share of dogs, brats, burgers, coleslaw, beans, pasta salad and Uncle John's smoked wild turkey (no really, not the whiskey, a real wild turkey!) And if you are motivated, grab a copy of the Declaration of Independence and read it out loud all the way through for the tea-bagger history-challenged people you may meet during your Independence Day cook-out/get-together. Or use THIS ONE: ( Re-Written ) DECLARATION of INDEPENDENCE by rogerart.com! Modify as needed as this was written on Independence Day 2001! Then print and hand out this pdf from Catherine Austin Fitts: Precious Metals: The Top Ten Dates in American History. Check out the Tribe hosting the Yankees on ESPN 7 pm et Tuesday Live from Cleveland! GO TRIBE! See you next week!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
JAPAN IN CRISIS JAPAN IN CRISIS Democracy Now! reports on the disaster in Japan following a massive 9.0-magnitude earthquake and tsunami and the resulting nuclear crisis.
»»» Gaza Flotilla Threatened @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Obama Admin Warns of “Fines and Incarceration” if U.S. Citizens Set Sail with Gaza Aid Flotilla RELATED “We Are Eager to Get to Gaza”: Democracy Now! Exclusive Report from Greece on U.S. Gaza Aid Flotilla with Democracy Now! producer Aaron Maté June 27, 2011
»»» Journalists Karl Bremer and Michelle Goldberg @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW "A Perfect Product of the Religious Right": Deconstructing Michele Bachmann’s GOP Presidential Bid June 28, 2011
»»» Alice Walker @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW It Takes People on the Outside: Prestigious Author Alice Walker to Confront Israeli Naval Blockade of Gaza on U.S. Aid Ship June 28, 2011
»»» Greg Mello, the director of the Los Alamos Study Group @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW As Obama Quietly Pushes for a Nuclear Weapons Renaissance, Wildfire Threatens Los Alamos Nuclear Lab June 28, 2011
»»» Aaron Maté, Democracy Now! producer @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Inside Greece’s General Strike: Video Report From Athens As Thousands Protest Sweeping Austerity Cuts June 29, 2011
»»» Mark Weisbrot, co-director of the Center for Economic and Policy Research @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Greek Parliament Approves $40B Bailout; Some Economists Predict Vote Will Worsen the Recession June 29, 2011
»»» Yonatan Shapira & Aaron Maté @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Exclusive Tour of Gaza-Bound U.S. Ship, Audacity of Hope; Saboteurs Damage Other Ships in Flotilla RELATED Debunking the Israeli-US Effort to Thwart Gaza Freedom Flotilla: “We Are Committed to Non-Violence” with Democracy Now! producer Aaron Maté June 30, 2011
»»» Christian Parenti, contributing editor at the Nation @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Climate Chaos: Christian Parenti’s New Book Exposes How Global Warming Could Lead to Global Warfare Read the first chapter of "Tropic of Chaos: Climate Change and the New Geography of Violence," by award-winning writer Christian Parenti HERE June 30, 2011
»»» Gaza Flotilla on JULY 1st Program! WATCH NOW The War and Peace Report Friday July 1, 2011
»»» Democracy NOW! FRONT PAGE! WATCH NOW Amy Goodman Hosts Discussion With WikiLeaks Editor-In-Chief Julian Assange and Slovenian Philosopher Slavoj Žižek July 2, 2011
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW America's Not Broke but our Healthcare System is
»»» Bill Moyers Bill Moyers: Reclaiming Our Media Power
»»» Columbia University professor Dorian Warren Dorian Warren: The 'Walmart Way'
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» NASCAR on TNT Congratulations to Coke Zero 400 winner David Ragan! David Ragan made up for the mistake in the Daytona 500 in his return to the track, winning the Coke Zero 400 for his FIRST Cup victory!
»»» MLB on TBS Interleague Play! Subway Series finale! Yankees @ Mets! 2 pm et
»»» Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN Dodgers @ Angels 8 pm et
»»» Tuesday Night Baseball on ESPN Reds @ Cardinals 7 pm et
»»» Wenesday Night Baseball on ESPN Yankees @ Indians 7 pm et GO TRIBE!
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
ACCESS NOW At BTV we're all about Net Neutrality but apparently the G8 is not. G8: Protect the Net by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: For the first time, the leaders of the G8 developed countries are going to discuss internet policy. Instead of promoting net neutrality and user privacy and combating online censorship, the French government has locked civil society out of these conversations, while inviting CEOs -- some of whom paid $100,000 for their seat at the table -- who are pushing policies like strict intellectual property enforcement, which will line corporate pockets while curtailing our digital rights. Unless we speak out now, decisions about internet policy are going to be made at the highest levels without our voices represented. Please sign this urgent petition calling on the G8 to adopt citizen-centered internet policies, which we’ll deliver at a press conference to the world media on Monday in Paris. Much more at www.accessnow.org
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. Today the Campaign for America’s Future is sending letters to all the major media demanding that the views of the American Majority be represented in the news programs, print articles and opinion pages, and in the non-stop daily and Sunday talk shows in which the debate about America’s future is being conducted as we move toward the showdown over the budget. We are demanding representation in the media proportional to the size of the American Majority. And we are making the point that the views of the majority are not irrational—and that in a democracy the majority deserves to be heard, not patronized. We are also supplying the media with an extensive list of economists, experts and advocates who share the majority view that deficits are not now the major threat to U.S. prosperity, and that getting revenue back into the budget is far less damaging (and more just) than cutting spending and crippling important programs for the poor and the elderly. And we are telling them that occasionally featuring the great Paul Krugman, as though his views represent a lonely majority, is not enough. ... The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org UPDATE! War Against War: A Meditation on Bradley Manning’s Mind By Scott Tucker “Bradley Manning’s Mind.” I took a deep breath when I read that title over this brief item recently posted on Truthdig ... Without our defense, a prisoner such as Bradley Manning is defenseless against the media, the military and the government. We can at least spread the word about the Bradley Manning Support Network. There has already been online discussion among gay folks and the queer left about the “Frontline” show that pathologized Manning, and now The Guardian video report features a soldier with blurred face saying Manning pissed in his pants and curled up on his bunk “in a fetal position.” Maybe he did, after being repeatedly insulted and assaulted by fellow soldiers, by the account of this same anonymous informant. ... If Manning’s mind was fractured, then (as the paradox is known in the Latin liturgy), felix culpa! If guilty as charged, then Manning is one of the people who helped fracture the state secrets of an anti-democratic bipartisan regime that keeps racking up and tracking down ever more political “suspects”—even while career politicians carry out imperial wars with ever more expensive high-tech weapons. The “intelligence” that Manning is charged with passing to WikiLeaks turned out to be one of the inspirations for the Arab rebellions across the Middle East and North Africa; and there has been a real earthquake in the fields of mass media and journalism, with aftershocks following almost weekly. If the traditional guardians of the daily news so deeply resent Bradley Manning and WikiLeaks, that is because they long ago traded away integrity and independence in the sly scramble for “access” to power, press conferences and photo opportunities. Show me a human being without fractures and I’ll show you a robot. Much more at link.
EMAIL UPDATE! Help us reach our goal of a half million by signing the petition, and passing it on. Add your name! AND Vote for Bradley in the 2011 Time Magazine 100 Poll here!
Add your name to this petition Eminent US legal scholars protest 'torture' of Bradley Manning.
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackeberries, Droid and other phonesto help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. The T.J. Martell Foundation is the music industry's largest foundation funding cutting edge medical research focused on finding cures for leukemia, cancer and AIDS. The Foundation sources and supports early-stage research projects aimed at developing more effective treatments for patients which otherwise might not be funded. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,463 US Military Dead as of June 24, 2011
AFGHANISTAN: 1,637 US Military Dead as of June 24, 2011
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. See Politifact Statements ABC News 'This Week'
• The Battle for the Constitution
• We visit Pontiac Michigan
• ROUNDTABLE: ABC News' George Will; Michael Eric Dyson, a professor at Georgetown University; Jill Lepore, a professor of history at Harvard University; and Time magazine editor-in-chief Richard Stengel
• ROUNDTABLE II: former D.C. Schools Chancellor Michelle Rhee, a first-generation American, former Sen. Mel Martinez, R-Fla., who immigrated from Cuba as a boy, and Jose Antonio Vargas, a Pulitzer Prize-winning former reporter for the Washington Post who recently published an article acknowledging he is an undocumented immigrant.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Governor Deval Patrick (D-MA)
• Governor John Kasich (R-OH)
• Governor Scott Walker (R-WI)
• Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Murder of Louis Allen - Steve Kroft's 18-month investigation into a 47-yr.old murder in a Mississippi town sheds light on an unsolved civil rights killing near the top of the FBI's list. Graham Messick and Sumi Aggarwal are the producers.
• One Child at a Time - Wars can literally shatter children's lives and Elissa Montanti is on a mission to make some of them whole again through a network of volunteers. Scott Pelley follows the progress of one of them, a badly maimed Iraqi boy. Tanya Simon and Catherine Herrick are the producers.
• The Library - No one is allowed to borrow a book from the Vatican Library - except the pope. And no wonder: the archive holds some of the oldest and most precious works of art and treasure known to man. Morley Safer and "60 Minutes" cameras get to see the best of the best. David Browning is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish. See their website MeetTheFacts.com updating soon!
• Programming Note: No show this Sunday, July 3 due to NBC Sports' coverage of the Wimbledon Championships
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Sen. John McCain
• AOL co-founder and Chair of the White House Startup America Partnership, Steve Case.
• Housing and Urban Development Secretary Shaun Donovan
• Harlem Children's Zone CEO Geoffrey Canada
• personal finance expert Suze Orman
• entrepreneur Russell Simmons
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY!!!!!! Bob was at the American History Symposium at the PRISM-WV Summer Academy last week! Listen HERE (mp3)! Catch the PRISM-WV Summer Academy video stream on the Head-On With Bob Kincaid USTREAM Channel!
Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - June 30th, 2011 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Obama calls again for eliminating billions in oil subsidies; Coal mine owner Massey Energy kept two sets of books; U.S. Interstate Highway system proves federal infrastructure good for business; PLUS: Jellyfish attack a nuclear power plant --- no, really --- natural disasters and the Achilles heel of the U.S. nuclear industry ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): 2010: Second warmest year on record; How rising temperatures change weather; CA delays nation's 1st cap-and-trade emissions auctions; AAAS decries intimidation, threats aimed at climate scientists; Undercover video links major retailers to barbaric handling of pigs; How the meat industry turned abuse into a business model; Dick Cheney's Big Fracking Mess; Google's plan for cleantech world dominance; More radioactive water leaks from Fukushima; "Our economic system must adapt to climate change"; A clean, green economy will arrive 'like a grenade in a glasshouse; How to make solar panels with paint; Environmentalists Speak Out Against Excessive Cheese Logging; Did ExxonMobil break its promise to stop funding climate deniers?; CA to delay its greenhouse gas emissions trading system; Sierra Club Can't Join U.S. Lawsuit Seeking BP Spill Damages ... PLUS: Republican governors AWOL during state emergencies to attend secret Billionaire Koch Brothers event ... Links to STORIES DISCUSSED IN TODAY'S 'GREEN NEWS REPORT' at Green News Report! Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
BRADCAST UPDATE: Brad will be on Ring of Fire Radio this weekend! See below!
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Live! Weekly on KGO PBC Live! Weekly on KGO Your humble host has been remiss in keeping you apprised of his other media activities. Since February, I’ve been hosting a regular weekly show on KGO, the leading San Francisco talk station with a huge coverage area–at night, you can hear it anywhere on the West Coast. TFN (till further notice), you can hear me every Friday night–or, more precisely, Saturday morning, from 1-5 am (PDT) on 810-AM or streaming at www.kgoradio.com. If you’d like to be alerted each week, sign up on Facebook as a fan of “Peter B. Collins Show” or you can follow me on Twitter, @pbcsf
• PBC on Live Radio this week! PBC on Live Radio Sunday, July 3, 10p-1a (PDT). At 10p, meet Julia Davis, a former Homeland Security supervisor who has felt the full effect of the post-9/11 police state. Tuesday, July 5, 1-5am. Gareth Porter, the journalist and historian, will join me at 4a to talk about Afghanistan. Also on Tuesday, July 5, I will sub for Norm Goldman on his syndicated show. www.normangoldman.com for streaming and free podcasts. At 3p (PDT) we will talk with attorney Michael Deutsch of Chicago’s People’s Law Office about the raids on peace activists last year, at 4p Julia Davis will join me again, and at 5p we will get an update on the ethics violations of Justice Clarence Thomas from Kevin Zeese. On July 7, I will be leaving for vacation. Expect a couple of podcasts between July 6 and 15, and then we will be on hiatus until the first week of August.
• PBC Podcast 268 Journalist Gareth Porter on Obama’s Afghan Spin; Meet Angry American John Ringer Journalist/investigative historian Gareth Porter returns to talk about Obama’s limited troop reductions in Afghanistan; John Ringer, an angry American who is losing his job in 2 weeks, talks about his song, My Country, My Ass
• PBC Podcast 269 Boiling Frogs: Libertarian Lew Rockwell Lew Rockwell, libertarian and former chief of staff for Rep. Ron Paul, in the next installment of the Boiling Frogs interview series, co-hosted with Sibel Edmonds.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! July 2nd, 2010
• This week on Ring of Fire: we’ll be talking about the Supreme Court’s decision last week that will prevent consumers from being able to sue the drug manufacturers who knowingly harm people with their poison pills – Arthur Bryant from Public Justice will be here to talk about it.
• Attorney and consumer advocate Ben Gordon will be here to talk about why the FDA allowed Johnson & Johnson to keep a faulty hip implant on the market for years, even when their own research showed that it was causing damage to patients.
• Author Cliff Schecter will join us to talk about the big business front group known as ALEC that is ghost writing legislation for corporate America.
• We’ll be talking about corporate America’s assault on working class Americans – Christy Setzer from Chamber Watch and Josh Holland from Alternet will weigh in on that.
• We’ll take a look at the big money behind climate change denial with Bill McKibben and Brendan DeMelle.
• Investigative journalist Brad Friedman will tell us why US Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas needs to resign today.
• Author Frank Schaeffer will tell us how the Religious Right is gearing up for an intense 2012 election cycle.
• And investigative journalist Lee Fang will tell us how Tea Party darling Paul Ryan is pulling in big bucks by allowing oil subsidies to remain in place.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Climate Change Deniers Watching The World Burn The Republican response to climate change, even in the face of extreme weather, never ceases to amaze me. We have record-breaking tornadoes, floods, droughts, snow storms, and heat waves, and all they can say is “Oh well, that’s just how weather works.” They completely ignore the fact that global climate change is not only real, but we’re experiencing the effects of it on a daily basis in America. Mike Papantonio talks about why we should be concerned about the weather, and even more concerned about the climate change deniers, with author Paul Loeb.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Heartland Institute Kicks Off Climate Change Denial-a-Palooza The conservative Heartland Institute is holding their annual climate change summit, where they hope to convince those in attendance that climate change is just a liberal hoax. It should come as no surprise that Heartland was founded and is funded by some of the biggest polluters in America. Mike Papantonio talks about what’s really driving Heartland’s climate change denial with Brendan DeMelle, executive director and managing editor of DeSmogBlog.com.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Please President Obama, Don’t Blink In Debt Fight Mike Papantonio appears on The Ed Show to talk about the ongoing debt fight and why the GOP is so desperate to deliver for their corporate masters.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• Evan Wolfson of Freedom To Marry on New York State's Same Sex Marriage Bill [06•27•11]
• Max Blumenthal on Israel's Flotilla Smear Campaign [06•29•11]
• Jared Bernstein at Netroots Nation [06•30•11]
MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityreport.official.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• VIDEO! The Official Silver Liberation Army! See SilverLiberationArmy.com !
• Stacy has defeated every argument posted anywhere arguing against AGW. She is an undefeated truth warrior on this subject. READ Extreme weather link ‘can no longer be ignored’ America has spent 4 trillion on wars in Iraq and Afghanistan based on the Cheney doctrine ‘that even if there is a 1% chance of WMD’s we must invade.’ Meanwhile, the evidence for AGW over the past 20 years has gone from a majority of the informed to dead certainty. 4 trillion spent wisely could have removed this threat to America and the rest of the world. Cheney and his ilk know this. For a few more million added to their net worth they consigned millions, possibly billions to death. Biggest mass murderer in history? Possibly. Remarkable that the public seems not to care about their own well being, but we learned during the last century what carefully orchestrated propaganda and scapegoating can do in rallying a population to self-destruction.
• “Plan to Suck Greece Dry Will Backfire.” READ Plan to Spoon-Feed Greece to Death; Greece to Receive Another $124 Billion in Small Bites, Details Postponed; 33% Chance of Italy Debt Downgrade
• VIDEO! Dr. Michael Hudson – RenegadeEconomist Series
• Visa/MasterCard Sued for Unlawful Financial Blockade READ LEGAL ACTION BY WIKILEAKS AND DATACELL AGAINST VISA AND MASTERCARD
• “Accordingly, it sure is a good thing that the world’s biggest derivatives player – J.P. Morgan – has “seemingly” NEVER, EVER made a bet even “1 % wrong” with their 80 Trillion derivatives book. JPM has a Market Cap of roughly $180 billion. A wrong bet of a mere 1% on their ‘book’ would translate to a loss of $800 billion dollars eviscerating their entire capital base more than four times over.” READ Derivatives: A Capital Markets Gong Show For Whom The Bell Tolls at goldseek.com
• VIDEO! Banks look really bad WATCH Eric King interviews Chris Whalen kingworldnews.com. US money markets at risk, savers are getting screwed to subsidize corrupt bankers, JPM’s huge legal problems = $45 bn. in claims still to go to trial, did the FDIC kill the repo market?, low rates eventually kill the economy, “You can’t have a recovery without savers,” reality with real estate, hiring, banks, is that bonds are not worth par and Bazel 3 is a joke, French banks are f*****, actual CDS on Greece is way more than $8 bn.
• What Keiser sees is the same thing that I see and everyone else who truly understands collapse sees… Read BLAME THE PEASANTS at collapsenet.com
• KEISER REPORT [Keiser Report] Waterboard Bernanke?
• KEISER REPORT [KR159] Keiser Report – Waterboarding BB & Manipulating Oil Markets Stacy Summary: We interview Leah McGrath Goodman. (This really is a fantastic book, you should get it; absolutely gripping).
• KEISER REPORT [KR160] Keiser Report – The Counterattack! We interview Jeff Berwick of DollarVigilante.com
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM1206] The Truth About Markets – 02 July 2011. Download mp3 HERE Donations to ResonanceFM here.
• ON THE EDGE European parliament's acceptance of gold as collateral on loans Max interviews J.S Kim from SmartKnowledgeU.com.
• ON THE EDGE European parliament's acceptance of gold as collateral on loans Max interviews Gerald Celente from TrendsReaserch.com.
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• V. Noah Gimbel July 1, 2011: V. Noah Gimbel, an intern with Foreign Policy In Focus, discusses his article “Has the Rendition Program Disappeared” in FPIF; how Obama’s total unwillingness to prosecute Bush officials shows his disdain for the rule of law and embrace of torture; why JSOC is even less accountable than the CIA; how “extraordinary rendition” has become “rendition to justice,” a relic of the war on drugs now used against bribery suspects; and Obama’s huge increase in drone strike assassinations (with civilians the most common casualties) that in many ways are worse than rendition.
• Murray Polner July 1, 2011: Murray Polner, co-editor of We Who Dared to Say No to War: American Antiwar Writing from 1812 to Now, discusses his review of Adam Hochschild’s To End All Wars: A Story of Loyalty and Rebellion, 1914-1918 on History News Network; a reminder of the British and American war resisters (Bertrand Russell, Eugene V. Debs) who despised the wanton slaughter of WWI; the very late posthumous pardon of British soldiers in 2006, who were executing for refusing to fight; why its hard to differentiate good and evil in a war between competing empires; the difficulty of dissent in wartime when heads of state and popular opinion are pro-war; and the wisdom of Harry Browne.
Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Sen. John Cornyn, (R) Texas.
• Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
• Senator Joe Lieberman (I-CT)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml