Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below!
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Throw Pies! By now you've seen the shaky vid of Rubert getting pied. The Brick TeeVee Crew reminisced when pies were a regular occurrence during the Tribe's 2007 campaign. Here's Tribesman Ryan Garko continuing his TV interview after getting a pie in the face following an Indians' win over Chicago back in 2007 So Who threw the first pie? It's impossible to say, though a rudimentary form of the dessert -- some sticky honey and nut concoction -- was around when Cleopatra, the original pop tart, was logging time with Julius C. and Marc Anthony. (While there are no hieroglyphics depicting an ancient pie-ing, scholars caution it would be wrong to assume a slave never dreamed of pelting a pharaoh with the gooey treat.) Still, it was silent film director Mack Sennett, founder of Keystone Studios and a master of slapstick comedy, who catapulted the pie-in-the-face into the annals of modern culture. ... Why is it so funny? It's hard to say, though watching another human being sputter and spit as she wipes chocolate cream out of her eyes seems to tickle the same adolescent part of the brain that responds to Whoopie cushions and fart jokes. More significantly, when used to cut the pompous, the powerful or the self-important down to size, it is positively hi-LAR-ious. Unless of course, you are the pie-ee. Haha! Poor Rupert! Poor Mrs. Rupert! Much more fun than watching Mrs. Sammy da Fish breaking down in faux tears back in 2006 during Alito's Senate confirmation hearing! Despite the huffing and puffing of Murdoch's agents then claiming some wild-eyed liberal conspiracy despite the FACT it was during comments by Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham (SC) that Martha-Ann Alito broke down in tears (thanks thehollywoodliberal.com & mediamatters.org) This wild-eyed claim still echoed in FAKE SNOOZEDOM as late as 2009: During the May 19 edition of Fox News’ America’s Newsroom, co-host Megyn Kelly claimed that during Supreme Court Justice Samuel A. Alito Jr.’s confirmation hearing, his wife, Martha-Ann, was “crying hysterically after [Sen.] Ted Kennedy [D-MA] made her cry, because he was suggesting Sam Alito … is a racist.” They sure could've used some pies back then! Remind you of Orwell's "Those that control The Present control The Past" a just a bit? Eh? You'll need a scorecard to keep track so Alternet offers up "an incomplete guide to the villains in the drama that threatens to take down the Murdoch empire" The 12 Nastiest Villains in the Murdoch Phone-Hacking Scandal. Good Item! In case you were wondering if Rupert's illegalities are lapping the shores of the U.S. he's "lawyered up" already per the GuardianUK Rupert Murdoch assembles US legal team over phone-hacking scandal
Rupert Murdoch is assembling a team of US lawyers with expertise in fighting large federal criminal cases, suggesting he is readying himself for a bitter legal battle in America as a result of the phone-hacking scandal. At the centre of the team is Brendan Sullivan, one of America's most experienced lawyers, who over 40 years in litigation has acquired a reputation for taking on difficult and sensitive cases. He represented Oliver North, the US marine corps officer, in congressional hearings over the Iran-Contra affair. ... The appointment of Sullivan – revealed last week by the New York Times's Dealbook blog – is being seen as an indication that Murdoch is preparing for the worst. NPR adds FBI Begins Investigation Of News Corp NPR's Carrie Johnson: That team includes former New York U.S. Attorney Mary Jo White, former U.S. Attorney General Michael Mukasey and Mark Mendelsohn, who made his name collecting billion dollar settlements in foreign bribery cases at the Justice Department. Legal experts say that signals News Corp knows it could be in for a long investigation and that it's determined to come out ahead. We need more pies! Our intrepid msgeaux has two pie-throwing videos for you to watch Who is Rupert Murdoch? - Gordon Duff on Press TV and American WEALTH DESTRUCTION explained by Catherine Austin Fitts – An Economy engineered to make and keep people poor while jen adds Alternet's Joshua Holland who explains
Why the Wealthiest Americans Are the Real 'Job-Killers' The top 1 percent takes in more than twice the share of national income today than they did 30 years ago, and that's a big reason why consumers are tapped out. That the wealthy are “job creators,” and therefore have interests that must be defended by the public at large, is a talking-point that, however facile, is so popular it slips effortlessly from the lips of conservatives every day. It can be deployed for any purpose – not only in calling for more tax breaks for the rich, but also when opposing public interest regulation, consumer litigation and worker protections. Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minnesota, even used it to deflect attention from the "gay rehabilitation" services her clinic allegedly offers. When asked about it by ABC News, Bachmann merely acknowledged, “we do have a business that deals with job creation.” When pressed, she stuck with it: “As I said, again, we’re very proud of our business and we’re proud of all job creators in the United States.” It's also complete nonsense; the opposite of the truth. Sure, the wealthy create a few jobs – people who offer exclusive services or sell them high-end goods. But the overwhelming majority of jobs in this country are “created” by ordinary Americans when they spend their paychecks. Consumer demand accounts for around 70 percent of our economic output. And with so much wealth having been redistributed upward through a 40-year class-war from above, American consumers are too tapped out to spend as they once did. This remains the core issue in this sluggish, largely jobless recovery. The wealthy, in their voracious appetite for a bigger piece of the national pie, are the real job-killers in this economic climate..... Let's see, 30 years ago...uh...who was pResident? Wanna watch a conservative's head explode? Ask 'em what part of "Trickle-Down" economics actually created jobs! BOOM! Nobel Laureate Paul Krugman throws a few pies himself in Green Sky Economics Jonathan Schwarz at A Tiny Revolution – which I should read more often — notes that both of the friends of Bacchus dining with Paul Ryan the other day were proteges of Chicago’s Eugene Fama. This reinforces my point that the nonsense Republicans are talking on economics comes not from uneducated ignorance but from highly educated ignorance: they’re getting their fallacies from eminent academics, not the man in the street. And not just fallacies: people like Fama confidently proclaim the truth of facts that, well, aren’t Clearly, it’s all mutually reinforcing: the closing of the Chicago mind both reinforces and is reinforced by the patronage of the mega-wealthy. And the end result is a completely hermetic system, into which contrary evidence cannot penetrate. Krugman continues with The Lesser Depression These are interesting times — and I mean that in the worst way. Right now we’re looking at not one but two looming crises, either of which could produce a global disaster. In the United States, right-wing fanatics in Congress may block a necessary rise in the debt ceiling, potentially wreaking havoc in world financial markets. Meanwhile, if the plan just agreed to by European heads of state fails to calm markets, we could see falling dominoes all across southern Europe — which would also wreak havoc in world financial markets. We can only hope that the politicians huddled in Washington and Brussels succeed in averting these threats. But here’s the thing: Even if we manage to avoid immediate catastrophe, the deals being struck on both sides of the Atlantic are almost guaranteed to make the broader economic slump worse.....Let’s talk for a moment about why our economies are (still) so depressed. .... On Thursday, the “heads of state or government of the euro area and the E.U. institutions” — that mouthful tells you, all by itself, how messy European governance has become — issued their big statement. It wasn’t reassuring. For one thing, it’s hard to believe that the Rube Goldberg financial engineering the statement proposes can really resolve the Greek crisis, let alone the wider European crisis.
But, even if it does, then what? WHAT INDEED Professor. On top of ALL THAT BTV correspondent ljm exclaims "Holy moly, batman!!! The fed loaned $16.1 trillion to the usual suspects on Wall Street and banks abroad. It's a long GAO report if someone needs to stay awake with dry reading" RAW STORY Audit: Fed gave $16 trillion in emergency loans Of the $16.1 trillion loaned out, $3.08 trillion went to financial institutions in the U.K., Germany, Switzerland, France and Belgium, the Government Accountability Office's (GAO) analysis shows. Additionally, asset swap arrangements were opened with banks in the U.K., Canada, Brazil, Japan, South Korea, Norway, Mexico, Singapore and Switzerland. Twelve of those arrangements are still ongoing, having been extended through August 2012. Out of all borrowers, Citigroup received the most financial assistance from the Fed, at $2.5 trillion. Morgan Stanley came in second with $2.04 trillion, followed by Merill Lynch at $1.9 trillion and Bank of America at $1.3 trillion. The audit also found that the Fed mostly outsourced its lending operations to the very financial institutions which sparked the crisis to begin with, and that they delegated contracts largely on a no-bid basis....The Fed agreed to "strongly consider" the recommendations, but as it is not a government-run institution it cannot be forced to do so by lawmakers. DOH! That's TRILLION, boys and girls, with a "T" and NINE ZEROES! Let's do the math, shall we?
while governments around the world (including the U.S.) claim "austerity measures are needed" when there seems to be all kinds of money! Right. But NO MONEY for the rabble and their "social safety net" or pensions or universal health care or pollution controls or public infrastructure or teachers' salaries. It's all ELEPHANT TALK, isn't it? JUBILEE ANYONE? Jubilee USA Network is an alliance of more than 75 religious denominations and faith communities, human rights, environmental, labor, and community groups working for the definitive cancellation of crushing debts to fight poverty and injustice in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Jubilee calls for a definitive cancellation of international debts and the restoration of right relationships between nations. By now you might be asking Would We Be Better Off If John McCain Were President? Fred Branfman at AlterNet.org explains A President McCain may have at least triggered a true progressive fight. But McCain’s election would have produced a major political difference: It would have increased Democratic clout in the House and Senate. First off, there would have been no Tea Party, no “don’t raise the debt limit unless we gut the poor,” no “death panel” myth, no “Obama Youth” nonsense. Although there would have been plenty of criticism from the likes of Rush Limbaugh, the fact remains that McCain, a Republican war hero, would never have excited the Tea Party animus as did the “Secret-Muslim Kenyan-Born Big-Government Fascist White-Hating Antichrist” Obama. Glenn Beck would have remained a crazed nonentity and been dropped far sooner by Fox News than he was. And Vice President Sarah Palin, despised by both McCain and his tough White House staff, would have been deprived of any real power and likely tightly muzzled against criticizing McCain’s relatively centrist (compared to her positions) policies. Voters would almost certainly have increased Democratic control of the House and Senate in 2010, since the Republicans would have been seen as responsible for the weak U.S. economy. Democrats might even have achieved the long-desired 60 percent majority needed to kill the filibuster in one or both houses....Most significantly, if McCain had won, not only would Democrats be looking at a Democratic landslide in the 2012 presidential race, but the newly elected Democratic president in 2013 might enjoy both a 60 percent or higher majority in both houses and a clear public understanding that it was Republican policies that had sunk the economy. He or she might thus be far better positioned to enact substantive reforms than was Obama in 2008, or will Obama even if he is re-elected in 2012. Thanks Fred for the reality check! Last week we told you about ALEC EXPOSED that is the American Legislative Exchange Council. John Nichols of The Nation has been pouring over these leaked documents and talks about it with Teri Gross on NPR's Fresh Air Who's Really Writing States' Legislation? Go listen! Nichols points out the remarkable similarities of State legislative law proposals nearly IDENTICAL to ALEC initiative wording now making their way through GOP-controlled State Houses and how "The Left" has no effective counterpart! Make sure you click over to the rebuttal part National Chairman Of ALEC Responds To Report by Troglodyte Louisiana State Rep. Noble Ellington (R-20) where he stammers repeatedly to Teri's simple and obvious inquiries. It really is precious! And it makes you wonder why anyone would continue to vote R if they knew about ALEC's hard-right corporate agenda aimed at destroying their states. More Nichols below on Ring of Fire Radio. Sadly the U.S. media is wholly owned by deep-pocket transnational right-wing corporations and the voting public at-large is too lazy (or stoopid) to question ANYTHING "It was on the teevee so it must be true" BIG LIES spun 24-7 on U.S. media. Which brings us to the SACKING of Young Turk Cenk Uyger by MSNBC. Max Keiser reports Great Video: We get asked, ‘Why are Max and Stax not on US MSM?’ Cenk’s experience mirrors our experience with various broadcasters around the world. We deliver ming-boggling superior ratings, but that’s not what they’re looking for. Also, if you want to know why there is no hard left shows in the U.S., this is why. They get bought off or shut down. Rachel Maddow, the NYT, Bill Maher, Keith Olbermann, Jon Stewart, (and even The Young Turks) are right of center. Amy Goodman is center. Alex Jones is left of center (whether he thinks of himself as such or not is not important) – and he does an amazing job of sustaining a really big audience – and attacking the people that need to be attacked. If he (or we) were on US MSM – we’d all deliver SUBSTANTIALLY HIGHER ratings and profits for these networks. But again, that’s not what it’s about. Fox and the rest hate free markets. They hate free speech. They hate competition. They have contempt for anyone who is not genuflecting at their feet. Oh, and shame on Howard Stern for refusing to get political. Why can’t guys like JFK or MLK get hit with cream pies instead of bullets? Well said Max, well said. We concur. So you know what to expect from the Sunday Morning Funnies this week. The WH Limo shuffles TIMMY GEITHNER to Fake Snooze, This Amanpout & State of the Candy to explain the depth and breadth of the coming tea-bagger-caused U.S. debt default while White House Chief of Staff Bill Daley tries to stifle complaints of The Great O! selling out the New Deal programs on Face the Bob where you can THROW PIES & BRICKS at Gang of Six leaders SAXBY CHAMBLISS and MARK WARNER. Watch This Anampout as Fox Business Network senior correspondent Charlie Gasparino takes The Fifth aka the Sgt. Schultz "I know NOTHING" defense about wrongdoing at FAKE SNOOZE and NEWS CORPSE. And have a nice big pie (and brick) for JOHN "Crybaby" BOEHNER on Fake Snooze! Much more info and interviews at our regulars below! The Brick TeeVee Crew has been melting in the Midwest Heat Dome, though we've has a few good showers (that took out electricity in many neighborhoods) and no relief is in sight. But hey it's summer! Garden is on the up and up too with hot peppers and tomatoes beginning to pop out. Band Camp is here too so summer is already half way over! Get out and enjoy it while you can and have a great week!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
JAPAN IN CRISIS JAPAN IN CRISIS Democracy Now! reports on the disaster in Japan following a massive 9.0-magnitude earthquake and tsunami and the resulting nuclear crisis.
»»» Lisa Graves, executive director of the Center for Media and Democracy @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW ALEC Exposed: State Legislative Bills Drafted by Secretive Corporate-Lawmaker Coalition July 15, 2012
»»» Ian Katz, deputy editor of The Guardian and Sarah Smith, correspondent for Channel 4 News U.K. @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW A British Spring? Phone Hacking Scandal Threatens Murdoch Media Empire and British Government July 18, 2012
»»» Ralph Nader @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Ralph Nader’s Solution to Debt Crisis: End Corporate Welfare and Corporate Tax Loopholes RELATED Ralph Nader: Obama is a "Political Coward" for Not Picking Elizabeth Warren to Head Consumer BureauJuly 19, 2012
»»» Matt Wood, policy director at Free Press @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Weakening of Media Consolidation Rules Helped Murdoch Build U.S. Media Empire July 19, 2011
»»» Sarah Ellison, Vanity Fair contributing editor @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Murdoch’s Denials Are Tough to Believe, Former Wall Street Journal Reporter Sarah Ellison Says July 20, 2011
»»» British Prime Minister David Cameron @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW British PM David Cameron, Media Mogul Rupert Murdoch Face Parliament on Phone-Hacking Scandal RELATED British PM David Cameron, Media Mogul Rupert Murdoch Face Parliament on Phone-Hacking ScandalBritish PM Cameron Refuses to Apologize for Murdoch Scandal, But Acknowledges BSkyB Takeover Talks and Nick Davies Murdoch Empire "Pummeled" by Phone-Hacking Scandal Exposed by Guardian Journalist Nick DaviesJuly 20, 2011
»»» Ha’aretz correspondent Amira Hassocracy @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW After Thwarting Flotilla, Israeli Navy Seizes Lone Gaza-Bound Ship that Eluded Greek Authorities July 21, 2011
»»» Juan Gonzales @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW NLRB Orders New Election After Ruling SEIU, Kaiser Colluded to Influence Union Vote July 22, 2011
»»» Kiki Gbeho of the U.N. Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Horn of Africa Famine: Millions at Risk in "Deadly Cocktail" of War, Climate Change, Neoliberalism July 22, 2011
»»» Economist Michael Hudson @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Pushing Crisis: GOP Cries Wolf on Debt Ceiling in Order to Impose Radical Pro-Rich Agenda July 22, 2011
»»» Young Turk Cenk Uygur @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Rejecting Lucrative Offer, Cenk Uygur Leaves MSNBC After Being Told to "Act Like an Insider" July 22, 2011
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW Vandana Shiva: Understanding the Corporate Takeover
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» NASCAR on ESPN Week off! NEXT: It's the BRICKYARD 400 from the 2.5-mile Indianapolis Motor Speedway! t
»»» MLB on TBS Mainers @ Red Sox! 1:30 pm et
»»» Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN Braves @ Reds 8 pm et
»»» Monday Night Baseball on ESPN Pirates @ Braves! 7 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
ThinkProgress PETITION Tell the Department of Justice To Investigate Rupert Murdoch Now Allegations that Rupert Murdoch’s News Corporation bribed police officers and tapped phones, both abroad and potentially in the U.S., may violate U.S. law. We are sending the letter below to Attorney General Eric Holder and SEC Chair Mary L. Schapiro demanding a full and immediate investigation into any potential illegal acts by News Corporation and their subsidiaries. Sign on and join the effort by filling out THIS FORM
ACCESS NOW At BTV we're all about Net Neutrality but apparently the G8 is not. G8: Protect the Net by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: Please sign this urgent petition calling on the G8 to adopt citizen-centered internet policies, which we’ll deliver at a press conference to the world media on Monday in Paris. Much more at www.accessnow.org
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net And Alan Grayson is running again in FL-8! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org UPDATE! Manning-Lamo Chat Logs Revealed at wired.com plus The Deeply Personal Details in New Bradley Manning Chat Logs and Bradley Manning Support Network Much more at link.
EMAIL UPDATE! Help us reach our goal of a half million by signing the petition, and passing it on. Add your name! AND Vote for Bradley in the 2011 Time Magazine 100 Poll here!
Add your name to this petition Eminent US legal scholars protest 'torture' of Bradley Manning.
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackeberries, Droid and other phonesto help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. The T.J. Martell Foundation is the music industry's largest foundation funding cutting edge medical research focused on finding cures for leukemia, cancer and AIDS. The Foundation sources and supports early-stage research projects aimed at developing more effective treatments for patients which otherwise might not be funded. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,474 US Military Dead as of July 22, 2011
AFGHANISTAN: 1,680 US Military Dead as of July 22, 2011
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. See Politifact Statements ABC News 'This Week'
• Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner
• Former Senate leaders Trent Lott, R-Miss., and Tom Daschle, D-S.D.
• New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, Arianna Huffington of the Huffington Post, Fox Business Network senior correspondent Charlie Gasparino, and economist Alice Rivlin, former member of the National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform.
• ABC News correspondent Lama Hasan brings her latest reporting on the devastating drought and famine in the Horn of Africa
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• White House Chief of Staff William Daley
• Sen. Richard Durbin, D-Ill.
• Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Ariz
• Gang of Six leaders Sen. Saxby Chambliss R-Ga. and Sen. Mark Warner D-Va.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• Resurrecting Eden - In Southern Iraq where many biblical scholars place the Garden of Eden, Scott Pelley finds a water world where the "Marsh Arabs" are making a comeback after Saddam nearly destroyed the "cradle of civilization." Jenny Dubin is the producer.
• Mitch Landrieu - The New Orleans mayor talks to Byron Pitts about the city he loves and his efforts to heal wounds it still suffers from corruption and Hurricane Katrina. David Schneider is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish. See their website MeetTheFacts.com updating soon!
• White House Chief of Staff Bill Daley
• Sen. Tom Coburn (R-OK)
• ROUNDTABLE: Former Nebraska Senator Chuck Hagel (R); Illinois tea party freshman Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R); Mayor of Newark, Cory Booker (D); Presidential Historian Doris Kearns Goodwin; and NBC's Andrea Mitchell.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner
• California Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein
• Republican Rep. Tom Price of Georgia
• Republican presidential candidate Tim Pawlenty
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
• Prayer Meetin' Wednesday!!!!!! Listen HERE (mp3)! Catch the PRISM-WV Summer Academy video stream on the Head-On With Bob Kincaid USTREAM Channel!
Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - July 21, 2011 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Deadly heat wave in the Midwest; Deadly famine in Somalia; More American jobs in clean energy than in oil & gas; Meet America's newest oil spill, now in Alaska (Thanks again, BP!) ... PLUS: It's the end of the line for NASA's space shuttle program --- Can America still do Big Things? ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Climate change 'threatens peace', UN official warns; Most of the U.S. could be energy self-sufficient; Judge denies BP request for White House emails; The true cost of gasoline? $13 a gallon; Polluted China plans carbon emissions trading scheme; Koch brothers declare war on offshore wind; OH Leads List of Top 20 States with Toxic Air; Can Bluefin Tuna Farms Work?; GAO: States Underreporting Violations of Drinking Water Standards; Fracking At Drinking Water Source for 80k in PA Raises Alarms; Staff Tells N.R.C. That U.S. Rules Need Overhaul After Fukushima; Japan Links More Cattle to Cesium-Tainted Feed; Mapping mercury fallout from coal-fired power plants ... PLUS: It's HOT! But Fox only talks about global warming when it's snowing ... ...Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too. WISCONSIN UPDATE: Kathy Nickolaus' Got a Brand New Bag (& Investigator) and Other WI Election-related News
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Live! Weekly on KGO PBC Live! Weekly on KGO Your humble host has been remiss in keeping you apprised of his other media activities. Since February, I’ve been hosting a regular weekly show on KGO, the leading San Francisco talk station with a huge coverage area–at night, you can hear it anywhere on the West Coast. TFN (till further notice), you can hear me every Friday night–or, more precisely, Saturday morning, from 1-5 am (PDT) on 810-AM or streaming at www.kgoradio.com. If you’d like to be alerted each week, sign up on Facebook as a fan of “Peter B. Collins Show” or you can follow me on Twitter, @pbcsf
• PBC Podcast 270 Boiling Frogs: Journalist Russ Baker Journalist Russ Baker is our guest in this Boiling Frogs interview, co-hosted with Sibel Edmonds. Baker joins us to discuss the case of the former Israeli Spy Chief Meir Dagan, who contends that Israel’s top leaders lack judgment, considers a military attack on Iran “a stupid idea”, and criticizes Israel for having failed to put forward a peace initiative with the Palestinians by foolishly ignoring the Saudi peace initiative promising full diplomatic relations in exchange for a return to the 1967 border lines. He talks about the Obama administration’s harsh and hawkish stand on Iran, the evidence pointing to a plan to create an “Arab Spring” for the Good Old Boys—CIA, banks, and oil companies, the poor journalism by the mainstream media in covering Libya and the alleged crimes committed by Qaddafi as a part of a larger disinformation effort of the sort that has always been part and parcel of war, and more!
• PBC Podcast 271 NSA Expert James Bamford on Thomas Drake and the US War in Yemen Journalist and author James Bamford, the acknowledged expert on the National Security Agency and other intelligence subjects, returns in this Boiling Frogs interview, co-hosted with Sibel Edmonds. Due to vacation, our next podcast will be about August 4.
• PBC Podcast 272 Outrage: DHS Whistleblower Endured Reprisals for Doing Her Job! Journalist and author James Bamford, the acknowledged expert on the National Security Agency and other intelligence subjects, returns in this Boiling Frogs interview, co-hosted with Sibel Edmonds. Due to vacation, our next podcast will be about August 4.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! July 15, 2010
• This week on Ring of Fire: Congressman Bruce Braley will be joining us to talk about why we need to get out of Afghanistan.
• Documentary film director Susan Saladoff will be joining us to talk about her new film “Hot Coffee,” which talks about how corporate America spun the McDonald’s coffee lawsuit so out of proportion that it convinced millions of Americans that our court system is broken.
• Mary Bottari from the Center for Media and Democracy will join us to talk about the 800 different bills that members of ALEC have been pushing in states across America.
• Investigative reporter John Nichols will tell us how members of ALEC are trying to steal elections in America.
• And John Scott, AKA “Truthteller”, from the Shred of Truth website will stop by to tell us why Orrin Hatch hates the middle class.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Climate Change Deniers Watching The World Burn The Republican response to climate change, even in the face of extreme weather, never ceases to amaze me. We have record-breaking tornadoes, floods, droughts, snow storms, and heat waves, and all they can say is “Oh well, that’s just how weather works.” They completely ignore the fact that global climate change is not only real, but we’re experiencing the effects of it on a daily basis in America. Mike Papantonio talks about why we should be concerned about the weather, and even more concerned about the climate change deniers, with author Paul Loeb.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Murdoch’s Attorney Exodus Mike Papantonio talks with criminal defense attorney Leo Thomas about what it means for Rupert Murdoch now that his trusted legal team has completely bailed on him.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: The Murdoch Criminal Defense Mike Papantonio appears on The Ed Show on MSNBC to assess the Murdochs’ testimony before Parliament this week. What we saw from the Murdochs was the same type of denial and blame-shifting that has become the standard for white collar criminals.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• Ari Berman of The Nation on Elizabeth Warren & the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau [07•21•11]
• Cliff Schecter gives up on President Obama [07•22•11]
• Cenk Uygur on his Departure from MSNBC [07•22•11]
MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityreport.official.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• VIDEO! The Official Silver Liberation Army! See SilverLiberationArmy.com !
• China is now the sixth-largest official holder of gold READ The Global Physical Gold & Silver Reserves Race is the New Nuclear Arms Race zerohedge
• Downgrade of US debt ‘baked into the cake.’ READ S&P Says Likelihood US Is Downgraded To AA As Soon As Early August Is 50-50 zerohedge
• The powers-that-be have used the “Shock Doctrine” to pass anti-American, fascist legislation while the public was in a state of shock READ Debt Crisis Being Used as Shock Doctrine to Steal More Money from the American People to Give to the Richest .1% zerohedge
• VIDEO! Dr. Michael Hudson – RenegadeEconomist Series
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report: Debts and Ratings
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report: Ideas for Revolution (E166)
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM1208] The Truth About The 95 Theses Against Bankster Occupation. Download mp3 HERE Donations to ResonanceFM here.
• ON THE EDGE On the Edge with Gonzalo Lira July 23, 2011
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Jacob Hornberger July 23, 2011: Jacob Hornberger, founder and president of the Future of Freedom Foundation, discusses America’s decline from shining beacon of freedom to torture-loving police state; how libertarianism helps people break through nationalist propaganda and public school indoctrination; why Americans should make haste toward limited government before another terrorist attack marks the end of the republic; and the many non-Muslim groups around the world with serious grievances against the US.
• Nima Shirazi July 23, 2011: Nima Shirazi, creator of WideAsleepinAmerica.com, discusses the summer surge of “blame Iran” talking points – the marketing strategy to sell Obama’s seventh war to Americans; how Iran’s nonchalant response to threats of an Israeli solo attack ruffles feathers in Washington and Tel Aviv; and how the US justifies an extended Iraq stay by pointing to increased Iranian influence (without acknowledging that the US destroyed Saddam’s Sunni government and helped install the current pro-Iran Shia regime).
• John Tirman July 23, 2011: John Tirman, Executive Director and a Principal Research Scientist at MIT’s Center for International Studies, discusses his article “1 Million Dead in Iraq? 6 Reasons the Media Hide the True Human Toll of War — And Why We Let Them” at AlterNet; the reputable studies done in Iraq to arrive at the approximately 1 million “excess death” toll; why the media consistently low-balls with a “tens of thousands” figure; and the powerful argument (to some) at stake: that at least Iraq is “better off now than under Saddam.”
Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner
• Speaker of the House John Boehner
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml