Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below!
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Brick TeeVee On Wisconsin Onslaught! BEFORE YOU READ ANY OF THIS LISTEN TO BRAD FRIEDMAN WITH PETER B COLLINS MP3 HERE. Pay attention! We'll wait. ... ... ... Wisconsin native John Nichols at The Nation reports Russ Feingold’s March With Workers Stirs Talk of a Political Comeback
“I’m here to lend my voice to the cause. I know something about budgets. I know how important they are, and I wanted to be here at this critical time to do whatever I can to help the working people that are fighting the Walker budget,” explained Feingold, as he marched with dozens of highway crew workers from Rock County, where he grew up in the city of Janesville. “There really has never been a fight more central, more important, to the working people of Wisconsin. I wanted to stand with the people whose rights are being threatened, to march with them, to say that fighting this governor is the right thing to do and that I am in this fight as a private citizen who is ready to do whatever I can to bring some sense back to this debate.”
Feingold is, indeed, a private citizen. But for Wisconsin Democrats, there is a real desire to see Feingold, a maverick progressive who was defeated in last year’s Republican wave election, jump back into politics. At last weekend’s state Democratic Party convention, a paid of straw polls asked who delegates would like to see run for the U.S. Senate seat that will come open next year and for the governorship in a potential recall election against Walker.
Feingold won both polls by landslides.
So is the former senator thinking of running for senator – or governor. “When people express that kind of confidence in you, you have to take it seriously,” Feingold said of the straw poll results. “It means a lt means a lot to me. These are people I have worked with on campaigns for years, on issue fights. So when they indicate that they’d like to see me run for senator, or for governor, I respect that.” Still, Feingold, who just finished teaching a constitutional law class and is now deep into writing a book on foreign policy, the lure of the campaign trail is less powerful than some might imagine. There’s no grimace on his face when he refers to himself as a “private citizen”; he likes the title, and the lifestyle.
Wisconsin Protests Ramp Up With Approach of Budget Showdown, Recall Elections
...Yet Walker refuses to compromise. So beholden is he to political paymasters such as the Koch brothers and the De Vos family, which has steered millions of dollars into the state to promote his extreme proposals to replace on of the nation’s strongest public education systems with voucher programs and privatization schemes, that the governor continues to pressure his legislative allies to enact a biennial budget that slashes spending for education and local services. Like his national counterpart, Congressman Paul Ryan, R-Janesville, Walker spins the fantasy that he is interested in balancing budgets. But his initiatives actually shift spending away from the public sphere and toward the accounts of major campaign contributors. To protect themselves politically, Walker and friendly legislators are busy seeding the budget proposals with anti-union proposals, which are designed to weaken organized labor as an electoral check and balance on corporate-tied Republican politicians. At the same time, they are rushing to enact draconian restrictions on voter participation and local democracy.
The governor’s “dictatorial” approach—as it has been described by the senior member of the state legislature—and his power plays have stirred a new outcry. Wisconsinites are back in the streets, camping out around the state Capitol as part of a “Walkerville” protest that takes its name from the “Hooverville” encampments of the Depression era. ... But Walker and the most desperate of his Republican compatriots are working overtime to implement as much of the governor’s program as possible. The reason for the aggressive push to enact unpopular programs is clear enough. Walker’s actions have so offended the voters of the state that they are preparing to remove his allies from state Senate seats and shift control of the legislative chamber from the Republicans to the Democrats. That would stall the governor’s agenda, increase the prospect that he might be recalled next January and knock him off any serious list of GOP presidential or vice presidential prospects.
Political operatives and lawyers aligned with Walker, the Republican majority in the state Senate and the state Republican Party are attempting to block the recall elections, while at the same time trying to force recall elections against Democratic senators who objected to the governor’s agenda. ... They will continue the delaying tactics, however, seeking to buy time to advance of the governor’s anti-labor, anti-education, anti–social services agenda as they can before their electoral judgment day.
It's not just delaying and obstruction tactics, either. Reporting for the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Pulitzer Prize Winner Daniel Bice busts 'em! From his No Quarter blog Wisconsin GOP leaders encouraging colleagues to place fake Democrats on recall ballots In letters obtained by No Quarter, local Republican Party officials are encouraging their GOP colleagues to collect enough signatures to get a fake Democratic candidate on the ballot in each of two upcoming recall elections. The spoiler Democrats, who are identified by name in the letters, would run in the Democratic primaries for the seats now held by Republican Sens. Randy Hopper of Fond du Lac and Luther Olsen of Ripon. Both of the fake Democrats have a history of giving almost exclusively to major Republicans. "We need to make sure Democrat challengers face primaries to allow our Republicans time to mount a campaign," Dan Feyen, chairman of the 6th Congressional District Republican Party, wrote in the letter to "fellow conservatives" on Friday. "A Democratic primary," Feyen continued, "will push the general election back by one month, so that Senator Hopper can have more time to organize a campaign against his liberal challenger." That's verbatim what is in the other two-page letter encouraging support for the second fake Democratic candidate, except that note substitutes Olsen's name for Hopper's. Feyen confirmed that he sent his letter trying to get a "protest candidate" on the ballot in the Hopper race. What's more, he said there's a good explanation for why his letter and the one written by local Republican officials in Olsen's district were virtually the same. "It's something being coordinated by the RPW," he said, referring to the Republican Party of Wisconsin. Officials with the state party could not be reached for comment. ....By running these fake Democrats, Republicans would force the Democratic challengers to spend money on a primary that could have been used in the general election. Plus, the spoiler candidates could launch negative attacks on the Democrats while the Republican incumbents remain above the fray. ... Local GOP officials in La Crosse were also secretly recorded on May 25 discussing getting a spoiler Democratic candidate in the recall election tentatively scheduled for Republican Sen. Dan Kapanke of La Crosse. During that discussion, La Crosse County Republican officials mention Mark Jefferson, the former head of the state GOP , and Kapanke's campaign manager. Kapanke's campaign has denied any involvement in the matter. Jefferson, who stepped down to take a job with the national party last week, has not commented. In an interview Sunday, Hopper said he also had no involvement in the attempt to get a fake Democrat on the ballot in his race. "I have absolutely zero to do with it," said the first-term Republican. Just like Sergeant Schultz from Hogan's Heroes all of the WGOP sleezeballs "know nothing" and deny everything! Wait There's more! If that's not scary enough buddysmelllgoodat du tells us Journalists Targeted and Arrested at Wisconsin State Capital At that time Corcoran dropped Alex to the ground, lunged at me from the elevator and tackled me. The excessive force he used left bruises on my arms and hips. This is too good to snip (h/t jen "I think the WI Dems should do it, but I bet they won't.")
Key Question For Wis. Dems: To Run Fake Candidates, Or Not? ERIC KLEEFELD
On top of all that CeeCee at samsedershow.com tells us Scott Walker Replaces Painting Of Low-Income Children With Bald Eagle Taking a play from Gov. Paul LePage’s (R-ME) playbook, Gov. Scott Walker (R-WI) took down a portrait of three children on a Milwaukee street from the governor’s residence. Originally commissioned by the foundation that runs the governor’s residence, the painting depicts an African American girl who was featured in an article on homelessness, a Hispanic girl who is a member of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee, and a white boy whose father and brother were killed by a drunk driver in 2009. Entitled “Wishes in the Wind,” local artist David Lenz said he “carefully selected” these children because “the homeless, central city children and victims of drunk drivers normally do not have a voice in politics.” After moving in this January, Walker and first lady Tonette Walker, however, thought another painting would be more fitting for the mansion’s mantle place. Taking down “Wishes in the Wind,” the Walkers promptly replaced it with “a century-old painting of Old Abe, a Civil war-era bald eagle from Wisconsin.” “Deeply disappointed” by the move, Lenz — whose work also hangs in the Smithsonian National Portrait Gallery — considered the removal telling of Walker’s priorities. “This seems symbolic,” said Lenz, referring to Walker’s proposed cuts in state funding for Milwaukee schools and city and county services, something he said would have a disproportionate impact on low-income youngsters. “You would think we could all agree on the need to support the hopes and dreams of children.” Of course, not Walker, LePage, Kasich and all the other reptiles.
We now go to Michael T. Klare (tomdispatch.com via alternet.org) for 3 Massive World Events That Will Change Your Life - Crucial developments taking place in 2011 are changing the way we are likely to live on this planet for the foreseeable future.
As for the bad news: the world faces an array of intractable energy problems that, if anything, have only worsened in recent weeks. These problems are multiplying on either side of energy’s key geological divide: below ground, once-abundant reserves of easy-to-get “conventional” oil, natural gas, and coal are drying up; above ground, human miscalculation and geopolitics are limiting the production and availability of specific energy supplies. With troubles mounting in both arenas, our energy prospects are only growing dimmer. ... It is against this backdrop that three crucial developments of 2011 are changing the way we are likely to live on this planet for the foreseeable future.
In the Global War on Global Climate Change h/t CeeCee "Show Me" The Plan where "Greenpeace protesters spent four days in a survival pod attached to the the Leiv Eiriksson rig"
Wisconsin Democrats now face a key decision in the state Senate recalls: After Republicans have declared a strategy to plant fake candidates in the Democratic primaries -- in order to delay the general elections from July to August, and make trouble in the Dem primaries while the GOP incumbents run unopposed -- will they respond in kind and plant fake candidates on the Republican side? Earlier on Friday, the labor-backed progressive group We Are Wisconsin called upon Dems to run some fake Republican candidates, arguing that this was necessary in order to stop the Republicans from sabotaging the Dem primaries. From their statement:
Another potential scenario created by the Republican chicanery in the primary that could severely disadvantage Democratic candidates is that Republican incumbents who do not face primary challengers advance automatically to the general election ballot. This creates a scenario where "legitimate" Democratic challengers are exposed to unlimited spending by outside groups and pro-Republican forces, which could cause the "legitimate" Democrats in the race to lose the sham primary. There would be no check on millions of dollars in shady outside money coming in to relentlessly attack "legitimate" Democrats, and full-scale mobilization of Republican resources to turn out their voters in the Democratic primary and to advocate a message such as "if you support Randy Hopper, vote for fake candidate X."
Running fake Republicans, the argument goes, would force GOP voters to stick to their own primary and prevent a spoiler from winning on that side, thus defusing any such potential ploy. TPM sought comment from the state Dems and was told a statement was forthcoming. So at time of writing, the gears appear to still be turning on this question at the Dem headquarters. The filing deadline for those recalls is this Tuesday, July 13, at 5 p.m. CT. In order to qualify for the ballot, candidates must at that time also file at least 400 signatures collected from the district, with 800 signatures as the maximum allowed in order to have a buffer against disqualifications.
The key here is that recalls are now tentatively scheduled for July 12, under the state election officials' proposed timelines, targeting six Republicans. If there were only one Democrat against each one Republican, then the July 12 date would be the general election. But if there were additional Democrats, the July 12 date would then become the primary, giving the incumbents more time to campaign for a general election in August. Also, thanks to Wisconsin's open primary system in which anybody can vote in a party primary, it would force the Democrats to spend time, money and resources campaigning for their own nominations.
Judge tells Cairn to issue spill response plan
Cairn Energy should publish details of how it would respond to a Gulf of Mexico-style oil spill in the Arctic, a judge said yesterday. The Scottish oil explorer (up 4.4p to 429.6p) was in an Amsterdam court seeking an injunction to prevent Greenpeace activists from disrupting its drilling. The court battle came after 18 protesters forced a 12-hour shutdown of one of Cairn's rigs at the weekend, before being removed by Greenland police, backed by the Danish navy. But the judge said he needed more time to consider the injunction and also told Cairn that it should publish its secret oil spill response plan. Environmentalists say that a clean up like the one launched in response to BP's Gulf of Mexico oil spill would be nigh-on impossible in the icy Arctic waters.
Published on Monday, June 6, 2011 by Greenpeace USA
Oil Company's Lawsuit Against Greenpeace Backfires
by Nick Young THE NETHERLANDS - Today an Amsterdam court judge turned the tables on Cairn Energy. Rather than granting an injunction against Greenpeace, he instead suggested that the oil company might actually like to consider releasing its secret Arctic Oil Spill Response Plan!(Greenpeace protesters spent four days in a survival pod attached to the the Leiv Eiriksson rig. Cairn energy subsequently sued Greenpeace for lost revenue, but today a judge turned the tables by questioning why the oil giant would not simply release their "secret" oil cleanup plan.) Cairn’s lawyers looked dumbfounded and stuttered about not knowing why their client won't release it. The judge went on to say that BP's skimping on a second valve cost the world billions as a result of the Deepwater Horizon disaster. He said BP must regret that they didn't have their plans scrutinized in the first place because someone would have noticed the lack of a second valve. Safety is in everyone’s interest - by being transparent perhaps there is an opportunity to make the spill plan stronger. In fact, he asked Cairn, why won't you release your plan? Right now? Why don't you release it now? Thanks CeeCee! And more news from Sederville with intrepid nora Global Research TV -- very interesting
FBI Targeting Political Activists as Terrorists Anti-terrorism resources are being used to target environmentalists, peace, animal and political activists who hold different views than the government. It was recently revealed that a counter-terrorism firm spied on individuals who attended film screenings of the documentary Gasland. The film focuses on the practice of natural gas fracking and what impact it has on the environment and in the communities where it is used. The FBI and other government agencies are cracking down on those who are not willing to say in line with the status quo. In Pennsylvania, activists have faced terrorism charges for writing slogans in chalk on sidewalks. In California, 27 individuals are set to go on trial stemming for protest actions Elsewhere 23 anti-war, pro-labor and international solidarity activists may face a grand jury on trumped up charged. The FBI boasts 164,000 suspicious activity reports that are made up of activists who do not follow the governments view on matters. The US government is using taxpayer money to squash the competition as opposed to protecting the American people from true terrorist threats, all while stomping on freedom of speech rights. Carlos Montes, a co-founder of the Brown Berets Chicano Movement explained there is a marked rise of the US government using tools at their disposal designed to fight terrorism to impose oppression on political activists. "The protest movements are directly exposing and challenging the lines that the US government puts out," he said, yet law enforcement authorities continue to crack down without just cause. "It's a war against dissent." The government is working to stop the movement which is merely seeking to exercise its right to free speech and the right to protest. "They're trying to stop us but we're not going to let them do it," Montes added. Speaking of globalresearch.ca Paul Craig Roberts acknowledges USS Liberty: Government Betrayal and Cover-up Finally Exposed "44 years since this heinous war crime was not only committed but has been covered up -- by all succeeding administrations and mainstream media. It is a "must read" for those concerned about an attack on America; the needless slaughter of American citizens" on June 8th 1967 and B.F. Bankie points out NATO is in an Act of War Against Africa Ya think? Fairness and Accuracy In Reporting (FAIR.org) saw ABC's Raddatz, Citing Her 'Combat Mission,' Says Bombs Must Go On Afghan president Hamid Karzai denounced once again U.S./NATO airstrikes that killed civilians. In this recent incident, 14 were killed, including 11 children. This prompted ABC World News anchor Diane Sawyer (5/31/11) to call in ABC reporters to sort things out, leading to this exchange with Pentagon reporter Martha Raddatz: [Sawyer-Raddatz exchange] So bombing raids in Afghanistan "have to continue," for the sake of having a "rapid response" to "real-time intelligence." And Raddatz, who has "been on a combat mission," can assure you how "very, very careful" they are--why, on the mission she flew, they didn't bomb a target simply because they thought it was a school! This great care taken to not kill civilians sometimes gets more attention than the actual killing of civilians. The piece helpfully included footage of Raddatz on her combat mission, gathering all the "facts" necessary to produce this kind of journalism. Yes Real Journalism! which today means "STENOGRAPHER" for the Beltway Bubalas. However, Richard Glover at the Sydney Morning Herald penned a piece about global-warming deniers entitled Bone-headed beliefs bound to end in death by drowning last weekend. Glover explains in A climate change wave of hate After 25 years writing this column, I've had my first experience of an internet hate campaign. So far, more than 2400 people, nearly all American, have emailed me. More emails come every time I hit the send/receive button. About 5 per cent contain threats of violence. Even stranger, quite a few threaten me with sexual violence. They say, in various forms, that they want to rape me.The only good news: quite a few don't seem to know the precise location of Sydney. Or Sidney, as some call it. ''You are so out of touch with America, I cannot believe you are published by an American paper,'' writes one emailer, having read the story on The Sydney Morning Herald website. Quite a few tell me I should be nervous if I ever try to leave Britain. So far, so hum-hum. On Saturday and Sunday, the piece never made it to the Herald's list of ''most read'' opinion pieces. I had nine emails - four of them saying they agreed, five against, but all expressed pleasantly. No one thought the piece was offensive or even that remarkable. The comic hyperbole was seen as, well, comic hyperbole.
Then - sometime Sunday night - a link to the piece was put on a right-wing website in the US, offering me up as another communist trying to ruin the world through the ''hoax'' of climate change. The piece started multiplying in cyberspace, mainly on websites dedicated to exposing the leftist conspiracy about climate change.
Suddenly I was the toast of town: about 300,000 people read the piece on smh.com.au between Sunday night and Tuesday morning. I had more readers than anyone else in the Herald. Only problem was: many of them wanted to kill me...Be sure to read the rest of the whole sordid affair. And so it goes with the brain-dead, fact-free, FOX-viewing teabaggers in the U.S. How did this happen? Rolling Stone's Tim Dickinson explains in How Roger Ailes Built the Fox News Fear Factory: The onetime Nixon operative has created the most profitable propaganda machine in history. Inside America's Unfair and Imbalanced Network READ NOW before it goes behind the RS Pay Wall!
Next The Nation's Setphen F. Cohen announces The New American Cold War EDITOR'S NOTE: This article--originally published in the July 10, 2006, issue of The Nation--appears with a new introduction by the author restating his analyses and arguments in the context of recent developments. Two reactions to this article were particularly noteworthy when it first appeared in The Nation almost exactly one year ago. Judging by activity on the magazine's website and by responses sent to me personally, it was very widely read and discussed both in the United States and in Russia, where it was quickly translated on a Russian-language site. And, unlike most Russian commentators, almost every American specialist who reacted to the article, directly or indirectly, adamantly disputed my thesis that US-Russian relations had deteriorated so badly they should now be understood as a new cold war--or possibly as a continuation of the old one. Developments during the last year have amply confirmed that thesis. Several examples could be cited, but two should be enough. The increasingly belligerent charges and counter-charges by officials and in the media on both sides, "Cold-War-style rhetoric and threats," as the Associated Press recently reported, read like a replay of the American-Soviet discourse of the 1970s and early 1980s. And the unfolding conflict over US plans to build missile defense components near post-Soviet Russia, in Poland and the Czech Republic, threatens to reintroduce a dangerous military feature of that cold-war era in Europe. Nonetheless, most American officials, journalists and academics, unwilling perhaps to confront their unwise policies and mistaken analyses since the Soviet Union ended in 1991, continue to deny the cold-war nature of today's relationship with Russia. Great just we need: more nukes! This reminds us of Ben Cohen of "Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream" and True Majority Ben's BBs, a visual aid to explain the madness of maintaining the nuclear weapon stockpiles (can you say Fukushima?).
Will The Banksters And The Corpocracy Eventually Own It All? 29 Statistics About Extreme Income Inequality In America That Will Blow Your Mind Do share with friends and family everywhere. Then ask them how Republican "Values" have helped them and why they are Republicans to begin with (everyone knows at least one ditto-head). Everyone needs a personal Exit Strategy (as the late Chalmers Johnson spoke of - bonus points if you can find this talk on cspan), certainly the BTV crew has mulled over it and Mike Malloy shared this "Moment with Bob" on Friday: This Would Be Common Knowledge If More People Knew About It I know … I know … the health care insurance system in these United States has been talked about and talked about until everybody’s eyes have glazed over. We pay twice as much for health care and in return we rank 42nd in the world in life expectancy and 33rd when it comes to infant mortality. The last time the subject of “Health Care Reform” came up, health care companies and their 3,000 registered health care lobbyists … that's six lobbyists for every member of Congress by the way … spent $1.4 million a day to make sure our money continued to flow into their pockets. Old news … right? Nothing to see here folks so move along to the next topic du jour. Now that the Democrats, the Republicans, and Obama, have “reformed” Health Care … it’s off to fix whatever else needs reforming. But a couple of days ago I went back to thinking about Health Care Costs. I don’t know why. For some reason I just started wondering about how much our family was spending on Health Care Premiums every month. All throughout the “Health Care Debate” that brought out the screaming Tea-baggers from wherever the hell it is they came from, I looked at our nation’s health care costs … but I never looked at our own. ... Our health care premiums are almost $13,000 a year. My wife’s company pays over $30,000 on top of that. By the time the dust settles health care coverage for my wife, our son, and your humble narrator is $14,673.68 per person. You’d think for that kind of money we’d get something out of it. Not really. Even at $14,673.68 a year there are co-pays, deductibles, and if things get really bad … caps on how much the insurance company will allow. ...This is the racket insurance companies are willing to spend $1.4 million a day to protect. In 2009, the United States federal, state and local governments, corporations and individuals, together spent $2.5 trillion or $8,047 per person, on health care. 44 to 55 million Americans aren’t covered. How much more would it be if everyone had health care? I’m not talking about how much more it would cost if everyone had health care insurance. How much would it cost if everyone had health care? Well … Canada spends 60% less than we do, $4,867 per person, and every Canadian citizen is covered by the national health care system. ... I don’t speak French, I’m too old to learn a new language, and we’re definitely not going to move to a different country just because of their health care system. But we are packing. We are going to move. By the end of the summer we’ll be expatriated Americans living in Canada. The reason we’re leaving is simple. Our son is 11 years old. We want to give him the opportunity to spend the last of his childhood … and then grow up … in a country that hasn’t gone completely crazy. There’s just too much stupid going on here. Too much crazy as far as the eye can see. We know we’re not moving to Shangri-La North. When the artist Robert Crumb moved to France years ago he said, “France isn't - you know - perfect, or anything, but - it's just - oh, slightly less evil than the United States.” "TOO MUCH STUPID GOING ON HERE" - well said Bob, well said. Bon Voyage and Good Luck! The BTV crew may be right behind you as The Sorrows of Empire and SHOCK DOCTRINE take firm hold here while the teabagger-flat-earthers clean us out state-by-state and our social safety net gets taken down by "progressive" President Not Sure and his "bipartisanshipppy" cohorts, one regulation at a time, in the name of the "deficit" and "belt-tightening" while multi-supra-national corporations and the Über-Wealthy get even more tax cuts, subsidies and get-out-of-jail cards to go with their polluting Hum-Vees, yachts and private jets. Of course NONE of this will be covered by the Beltway Bubalas on the Sunday Bobblehead talk shows. Best bet for sanity is ROBERT REICH on This Anampout and throw bricks at ex-Goldman cheif JON CORZINE and RICHARD SHELBY while more brick throwing exercises await at Face the Bob with PAUL RYAN and LINDSEY GRAHAM. 60 Minutes mails it in with summertime repeats while Meet the David goes with "first debate between the new DNC Chair DEBBIE WASSERMAN SCHULTZ & RNC Chair REINCE PRIEBUS" Haha! "REINCE"! Have a brick or three, loser! Look for more smart commentary in the BTV Alerts and all our regulars: Sam, Max, Pap and especially Scott at AntiWarRadio with RAY MCGOVERN. The Brick TeeVee Crew worked furiously tilling and raking and shoveling "zoo poo" in the main big garden and we're all set to get it planted on Sunday with peppers (6 kinds), zucchini, cabbage, tomatoes (4 kinds), butternut squash, eggplant and more! Have an enjoyable Sunday and GO TRIBE!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
JAPAN IN CRISIS JAPAN IN CRISIS Democracy Now! reports on the disaster in Japan following a massive 9.0-magnitude earthquake and tsunami and the resulting nuclear crisis.
»»» Dr. Gabor Maté @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Dr. Gabor Maté: Obama Admin Should Heed Global Panel’s Call to End "Failed" U.S.-Led Drug War June 6, 2011
»»» Egypt's Rafah Crossing Closed @ Democracy NOW! Democracy Now!’s Sharif Abdel Kouddous and Nicole Salazar were one of the few teams of foreign journalists to witness the scene at the Rafah border, and they file this report from the Gaza Strip. WATCH NOW Trapped in Gaza: Rafah Crossing Closed to Palestinians Soon After Egyptian Pledge to Reopen It June 7, 2011
»»» Playwright Eve Ensler and Congolese Activist Christine Schuler Deschryver @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW “There is a Women’s Spring Beginning”: Playwright Eve Ensler and Congolese Activist Christine Schuler Deschryver on Gender Violence in Congo RELATED: Eve Ensler Responds to Sexual Assault Charges Filed Against Former IMF Chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn June 7, 2011
»»» BILL MOYERS @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Bill Moyers on His Legendary Journalism Career: "Democracy Should Be a Brake on Unbridled Greed and Power" June 8, 2011
»»» Nabeel Rajab, president of Bahrain’s Center for Human Rights @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Obama Hides Meeting with Top Bahraini Leader—And Mutes Criticism of Ongoing Crackdown June 9, 2011
»»» Annie Jacobsen, investigative reporter for the Los Angeles Times Magazine @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Annie Jacobsen on New Book, "Area 51: An Uncensored History of America’s Top Secret Military Base" June 9, 2011
»»» Robert Alvarez, former senior policy adviser to the U.S. Secretary of Energy & Aileen Mioko Smith, executive director of the group Green Action @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Japan Admits 3 Nuclear Meltdowns, More Radiation Leaked into Sea; U.S. Nuclear Waste Poses Deadly Risks June 10, 2011
»»» Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and author Dale Maharidge @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Dale Maharidge’s Chronicles of Widely Ignored U.S. Working Poor Inspire Music of Bruce Springsteen inspired Bruce Springsteen to write the songs "Youngstown" and "The New Timer" with his first book, "Journey to Nowhere: The Saga of the New Underclass.” Maharidge’s most recent book, "Someplace Like America: Tales from the New Great Depression," is a reported retrospective on his 30 years of covering the working poor and chronically unemployed. He and photographer Michael Williamson traveled more than half a million miles around the United States, reporting the story of how workers’ lives have gotten steadily worse. We speak to Maharidge about his work and how it came to inspire some of Springsteen’s most notable socially conscious songs. June 10, 2011
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» BIG NEWS @ GRITtv GRITtv is becoming The Laura Flanders Show! As you know, we have been pursuing national syndication. We are now pleased to announce that starting later this summer, The Laura Flanders Show will appear on public TV stations across the country -- including in major markets in San Francisco, Denver, Philadelphia and Washington, DC, distributed by EPS, Executive Program Services Inc. (more...) And read more at The F Word @ GRITtv from May 13th, 2011 The F Word: Goodbye For Now from GRITtv
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» NASCAR on TNT It's the 5-Hour Energy 500 fon the tri-oval 2.5 mile Pocono Raceway! Coverage begins at TNT at 1 pm et
»»» MLB on TBS INDIANS @ Yankees! 1 pm et GO TRIBE!
»»» Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN Reds @ Giants 8 pm et
»»» Monday Night Baseball on ESPN INDIANS @ Yankees! 7 pm et GO TRIBE!
»»» NBA FINALS on ABC GAME 6 Mavs @ Heat for the 2011 Championship 8 pm et Sunday. Mavs have a 3-2 advantage in the best-of-seven series!
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
ACCESS NOW At BTV we're all about Net Neutrality but apparently the G8 is not. G8: Protect the Net by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: For the first time, the leaders of the G8 developed countries are going to discuss internet policy. Instead of promoting net neutrality and user privacy and combating online censorship, the French government has locked civil society out of these conversations, while inviting CEOs -- some of whom paid $100,000 for their seat at the table -- who are pushing policies like strict intellectual property enforcement, which will line corporate pockets while curtailing our digital rights. Unless we speak out now, decisions about internet policy are going to be made at the highest levels without our voices represented. Please sign this urgent petition calling on the G8 to adopt citizen-centered internet policies, which we’ll deliver at a press conference to the world media on Monday in Paris. Much more at www.accessnow.org
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. Today the Campaign for America’s Future is sending letters to all the major media demanding that the views of the American Majority be represented in the news programs, print articles and opinion pages, and in the non-stop daily and Sunday talk shows in which the debate about America’s future is being conducted as we move toward the showdown over the budget. We are demanding representation in the media proportional to the size of the American Majority. And we are making the point that the views of the majority are not irrational—and that in a democracy the majority deserves to be heard, not patronized. We are also supplying the media with an extensive list of economists, experts and advocates who share the majority view that deficits are not now the major threat to U.S. prosperity, and that getting revenue back into the budget is far less damaging (and more just) than cutting spending and crippling important programs for the poor and the elderly. And we are telling them that occasionally featuring the great Paul Krugman, as though his views represent a lonely majority, is not enough. ... The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org UPDATE! War Against War: A Meditation on Bradley Manning’s Mind By Scott Tucker “Bradley Manning’s Mind.” I took a deep breath when I read that title over this brief item recently posted on Truthdig ... Without our defense, a prisoner such as Bradley Manning is defenseless against the media, the military and the government. We can at least spread the word about the Bradley Manning Support Network. There has already been online discussion among gay folks and the queer left about the “Frontline” show that pathologized Manning, and now The Guardian video report features a soldier with blurred face saying Manning pissed in his pants and curled up on his bunk “in a fetal position.” Maybe he did, after being repeatedly insulted and assaulted by fellow soldiers, by the account of this same anonymous informant. ... If Manning’s mind was fractured, then (as the paradox is known in the Latin liturgy), felix culpa! If guilty as charged, then Manning is one of the people who helped fracture the state secrets of an anti-democratic bipartisan regime that keeps racking up and tracking down ever more political “suspects”—even while career politicians carry out imperial wars with ever more expensive high-tech weapons. The “intelligence” that Manning is charged with passing to WikiLeaks turned out to be one of the inspirations for the Arab rebellions across the Middle East and North Africa; and there has been a real earthquake in the fields of mass media and journalism, with aftershocks following almost weekly. If the traditional guardians of the daily news so deeply resent Bradley Manning and WikiLeaks, that is because they long ago traded away integrity and independence in the sly scramble for “access” to power, press conferences and photo opportunities. Show me a human being without fractures and I’ll show you a robot. Much more at link.
EMAIL UPDATE! Help us reach our goal of a half million by signing the petition, and passing it on. Add your name! AND Vote for Bradley in the 2011 Time Magazine 100 Poll here!
Add your name to this petition Eminent US legal scholars protest 'torture' of Bradley Manning.
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackeberries, Droid and other phonesto help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. The T.J. Martell Foundation is the music industry's largest foundation funding cutting edge medical research focused on finding cures for leukemia, cancer and AIDS. The Foundation sources and supports early-stage research projects aimed at developing more effective treatments for patients which otherwise might not be funded. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,460 US Military Dead as of June 10, 2011
AFGHANISTAN: 1,615 US Military Dead as of June 10, 2011
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. See Politifact Statements ABC News 'This Week'
• Former Clinton Labor Secretary Robert Reich, author of "Aftershock: The Next Economy and America's Future"
• Chairman/CEO of MF Global Inc. Jon Corzine, who is also the former governor of New Jersey and former Chairman/CEO of Goldman Sachs
• ranking member of the Senate Banking Committee Sen. Richard Shelby (R-Ala.)
• ROUNDTABLE: Democratic strategist Donna Brazile; Peggy Noonan of The Wall Street Journal; ABC News senior White House Correspondent Jake Tapper; and ABC News' George Will
• ROUNDTABLE II: ABC News' Claire Shipman, co-author of "Womenomics," former Assistant Pentagon Press Secretary Torie Clarke, and Cecilia Attias, former wife of French President Nicolas Sarkozy.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer - Topics: Jobs & the Economy, the War in Afghanistan
• House Democratic Whip Steny Hoyer, D-Md.
• House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan, R-Wis. (at left)
• Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C. (center)
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• Designing Life - Steve Kroft profiles famous microbiologist Craig Venter, whose scientists have already mapped the human genome and created what he calls "the first synthetic species." Andy Court is the producer.
• The N-Word - A Southern publisher's sanitized edition of "Huckleberry Finn" that replaces the N-word with "slave" over 200 times is the focal point for a debate on the use of the controversial word in American society. Byron Pitts reports. David Schneider is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish. See their website MeetTheFacts.com updating soon!
• The first debate between the new DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz and RNC Chair Reince Priebus.
• Our Meet The Candidates series continues with former Senator Rick Santorum (R-PA)
• ROUNDTABLE: Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed (D), GOP strategist Mike Murphy, MSNBC's Richard Wolffe, and the Wall Street Journal's Kim Strassel.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) "politics New Hampshire style"
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• On the eve of the first New Hampshire Republican Presidential Candidates debate, State of the Union will be live from Manchester, NH to preview Monday’s contest.
• Fmr. Governor John Sununu and Fmr. Senator John Sununu
• Sen. Kelly Ayotte and Rep. Charlie Bass.
• Philip Rucker of The Washington Post and the Neil King of the Wall Street Journal.
• GOP "wild card" John Huntsman
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
• MORAN MODAY!!!!!! Bob spent the week MARCHING TO BLAIR MOUNTAIN! FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT BLAIR MOUNTAIN VISIT: Friends of Blair Mountain or watch THE APPALACHIANS: The Story of Blair Mountain and The Last Mountain! Listen to last Monday's show HERE (mp3)! And tune in to the Head On Radio Network on Monday to hear Bob's recap!
Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - June 9th, 2011 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Limbaugh and Santorum, positively frothy in their propaganda jihad against climate science; Unfair & Unbalanced coverage of the Environmental Protection Agency; Crunch time at the UN on the Kyoto climate treaty; Feds shut down an oil pipeline; PLUS: Scientists are screaming that global warming is accelerating, but our media is obsessed with Weiner --- Anthony Weiner ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Breakthroughs, launches, and warnings on World Oceans Day; Pollution worsens kids' asthma, but Congress split on action; 'Dramatic' solar flare could disrupt earth communications; UN's Food & Agriculture Organization sees stubbornly high food prices; Food demand eating into tropical forests; Judge upholds environmentalist lawsuit against Exxon; Hundreds protest Marcellus Shale drilling in PA; Utility groups trade blows on new EPA emissions rules; Autism experts urge reform of U.S. chemicals law; Decontamination trial planned at Japanese nuclear plant; After Japan, where's the next nuclear weak link?; Federal regulators: Nuclear accident plans are lacking; Oil falls after Saudis face opposition to OPEC quota increase; FDA: some chicken may contain arsenic ... PLUS: Planet Earth doesn't know how to make it any clearer It wants everyone to leave ... Links to STORIES DISCUSSED IN TODAY'S 'GREEN NEWS REPORT' at Green News Report! Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
UPDATE! Vegas Mayoral Candidate Watches Own Touch-screen Vote Flip to Opponent AND On 10th Anniversary of the Bush Tax Cuts, What America Could Have Bought Instead.....more at BradBlog.com.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Live! Weekly on KGO PBC Live! Weekly on KGO Your humble host has been remiss in keeping you apprised of his other media activities. Since February, I’ve been hosting a regular weekly show on KGO, the leading San Francisco talk station with a huge coverage area–at night, you can hear it anywhere on the West Coast. TFN (till further notice), you can hear me every Friday night–or, more precisely, Saturday morning, from 1-5 am (PDT) on 810-AM or streaming at www.kgoradio.com. If you’d like to be alerted each week, sign up on Facebook as a fan of “Peter B. Collins Show” or you can follow me on Twitter, @pbcsf
• PBC Podcast 260 Boiling Frogs: Paul Craig Roberts on Obama, Osama and the “hoax” of American Democracy; Will Durst on Wiener’s Mis-Tweet Paul Craig Roberts, an outspoken former Reagan administration official, joins us for the latest Boiling Frogs interview, co-hosted with Sibel Edmonds. [Be sure to see the update on Gulen's US charter schools at Boiling Frogs Post.] Will Durst comments on Rep. Anthony Wiener’s Twitter scandal, starting at 1:01:15
• PBC Podcast 261 A Lawbreaker on the Supreme Court? Kevin Zeese on Clarence Thomas; Will Durst on ‘GOP Death Wish’ Attorney/activist Kevin Zeese returns to detail the 20-year failure of Justice Clarence Thomas to report his wife’s income from the Heritage Foundation and right wing lobby groups, and invites you to protest in Washington on October 6; Will Durst says the Republicans have a death wish.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! June 4th, 2010
• This week on Ring of Fire: We’ll be talking about how Republican billionaires are buying up universities across America to spread their Ayn Rand-inspired economic policies – Investigative journalist Daniel Denvir has the inside story on that.
• Author Ari Berman will be joining us to tell us how Wall Street banks are pouring millions of dollars into an effort to defeat the creation of a Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
• Political activist Justin Jones will be joining us to talk about the many ways in which the American system of capitalism has been an abysmal failure, and the American public has let that system fail because they are too lazy to do something about it.
• Attorney Hunter Lundy will be joining us to talk about the recent decision by the World Health Organization to classify cell phone radiation as a possible carcinogen.
• And if you want to help support the fight against Wisconsin governor Scott Walker, CLICK HERE!
• VIDEO! Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. – The Last Mountain“In the valleys of Appalachia, a battle is being fought over a mountain. It is a battle with severe consequences that affect every American, regardless of their social status, economic background or where they live. It is a battle that has taken many lives and continues to do so the longer it is waged. It is a battle over protecting our health and environment from the destructive power of Big Coal. The mining and burning of coal is at the epicenter of America’s struggle to balance its energy needs with environmental concerns. Nowhere is that concern greater than in Coal River Valley, West Virginia, where a small but passionate group of ordinary citizens are trying to stop Big Coal corporations, like Massey Energy, from continuing the devastating practice of Mountain Top Removal.” See thelastmountainmovie.com
• VIDEO! Papantonio: America’s New Service Economy For millions of out of work Americans, the news that the private sector added more than 200,000 new jobs in April was a breath of fresh air. The only problem is that these aren’t the kinds of jobs that Americans would normally be lining up to apply for. 62,000 of these jobs are for McDonald’s, and many of the rest include minimum wage-paying positions that are either for seasonal work, or provide no benefits. This recovery poses a serious question – are we becoming a service society?
• VIDEO! Papantonio: US Chamber Pushing Us Towards Fascism The US Chamber of Commerce was thrilled when the US Supreme Court ruled that they could pour millions of dollars into political races, but it still wasn’t enough for the Chamber. Today, they are still fighting to prevent proposals that would force the Chamber and her member companies to disclose publicly who they are throwing money behind if they want to continue receiving government contracts. This is just the latest step in the Chamber’s plan to make our democratic government completely irrelevant and useless. Mike Papantonio talks about the Chamber’s plan, and how to fight back, with Robert Weissman, the president of Public Citizen.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• Robert F. Kennedy Jr. discusses the upcoming documentary, The Last Mountain, about the fight for a symbol of Labor pride in West Virginia [06•03•11]
• John Amato of Crooks and Liars on Delta Airlines' Anti-Union Ways [06•06•11]
• Sarah Vowell on her new book "Unfamiliar Fishes" [06•07•11]
• Heather Hurlburt of National Security Network on Yemen [06•09•11]
MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityreport.official.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• VIDEO! The Official Silver Liberation Army! See SilverLiberationArmy.com !
• VIDEO! Jamie Dimon Pulls a Breitbart – Hijacks a Weiner’s Press Conference, Cries Like a Baby & Demands More Love! Stacy Summary: I’m 100% certain this guy is going to try to interrupt the recording of the next episode of the Keiser Report to ask whether the SLA can back down.
• Britain’s decline was extremely rapid after 1914 . . . America next? Read Decline and fall of the American empire at guardian.co.uk “The experience of both Rome and Britain suggests that it is hard to stop the rot once it has set in, so here are the a few of the warning signs of trouble ahead: military overstretch, a widening gulf between rich and poor, a hollowed-out economy, citizens using debt to live beyond their means, and once-effective policies no longer working. The high levels of violent crime, epidemic of obesity, addiction to pornography and excessive use of energy may be telling us something: the US is in an advanced state of cultural decadence.”
• What Keiser sees is the same thing that I see and everyone else who truly understands collapse sees… Read BLAME THE PEASANTS at collapsenet.com
• KEISER REPORT [KR153] Keiser Report – Selling Kidney for iPad
• KEISER REPORT [KR154] Keiser Report: GIABO!
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM1203] The Truth About Markets – 11 June 2011 Download mp3 HERE Donations to ResonanceFM here.
• ON THE EDGE [OTE109] On the Edge with John Perkins
• ON THE EDGE [OTE114] On the Edge with Peter Schiff We interview Peter Schiff.
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• John Lindsay-Poland June 6, 2011: John Lindsay-Poland, research and advocacy director of the Fellowship of Reconciliation, discusses his article “Pentagon Using Drug Wars as Excuse to Build Bases in Latin America” how using the military to fight the war on drugs only succeeds in increasing the level of violence; the range of options between current drug policy and outright legalization; how the drug crackdown has guaranteed the most ruthless individuals rise to the top of the black market; and the chorus of voices from the Mexican peace movement and victims of drug violence, speaking out against the military response to drug trafficking.
• Gareth Porter June 08, 2011: Gareth Porter, independent historian and journalist for IPS News, discusses his article on Syed Saleem Shahzad, “Slain Writer’s Book Says US-NATO War Served al-Qaeda Strategy” al-Qaeda’s successful plan to draw the US to Afghanistan and keep them there, slowly bleeding the empire dry like the Soviets before; why Osama bin Laden was never more than a figurehead, while Egyptian Ayman al-Zawahiri remains the real strategist of al-Qaeda; and how Pakistan’s tribal regions have been radicalized, furthering al-Qaeda’s goal of winning Pakistan itself.
• Peter Van Buren June 11, 2011: Peter Van Buren, former State Department Foreign Service Officer in Iraq, discusses his tomdispatch article “How Not to Withdraw from Iraq” “How Not to Withdraw from Iraq” failing to win hearts and minds in Iraq, despite good intentions; how goodwill infrastructure projects like building schools and drinking water facilities were squandered in a money pit of graft and fraud; Hillary Clinton’s chance to play commander in chief of her own State Department mercenary army; and the two very different tiers of mercenaries (low-paid cannon fodder from Uganda and Peru, and high-paid bullies from America, Britain and S. Africa).
• Robert Higgs June 11, 2011: Robert Higgs, senior fellow at the Independent Institute and author of Crisis and Leviathan, discusses his cherished yet under-appreciated chapter 3 in Crisis and Leviathan, about the rational ideological motivation of collective action; beating back the pervasive myth that war stimulates and improves the economy; how the increase in US GDP following massive post-WWII cuts in government spending undermines Keynesian economic theory; and why there is no such thing as free money: government spending is either derived from direct taxation or by debasing the dollar.
• Ray McGovern June 11, 2011: Ray McGovern, member of Veterans For Peace and former senior analyst at the CIA, discusses his article “Gen. Keane Keen on Attacking Iran” the US intelligence analysts who stuck to their guns on the 2007 and 2011 Iran NIE‘s, possibly preventing a war; internal division in the Bush administration on Iraq War strategy, with Rumsfeld and the Iraq Study Group (James Baker and Lee Hamilton) advocating drawdown, and Fred Kagan and Gen. Keane promoting a surge; and the changing of the guard in 2007, as the ambitious Gen. Petraeus displaced Generals Casey and Abizaid.
Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Tim Pawlenty, Presidential Candidate (R) / Former Minnesota Governor
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml