Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below!
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
CATASTROPHE TIMES TWO! So the Democrats and Republicans apparently "solved" the debt "crisis" but the "magic hand" of the "free market" went ahead anyhow and orchestrated a wipe-out of some $TWO TRILLION$ in global equity as indicies worldwide took an across-the-board 5% haircut, now being called by The Street's Wyze Guyz a "correction". Looks like Nobel Laureate PAUL KRUGMAN must read BTV, as we predicted in last week's DEFAULT CATASTROPHE! In last Monday's aptly titled The President Surrenders (nyt) For the deal itself, given the available information, is a disaster, and not just for President Obama and his party. It will damage an already depressed economy; it will probably make America’s long-run deficit problem worse, not better; and most important, by demonstrating that raw extortion works and carries no political cost, it will take America a long way down the road to banana-republic status. ... Indeed, slashing spending while the economy is depressed won’t even help the budget situation much, and might well make it worse. On one side, interest rates on federal borrowing are currently very low, so spending cuts now will do little to reduce future interest costs. On the other side, making the economy weaker now will also hurt its long-run prospects, which will in turn reduce future revenue. So those demanding spending cuts now are like medieval doctors who treated the sick by bleeding them, and thereby made them even sicker. And then there are the reported terms of the deal, which amount to an abject surrender on the part of the president. First, there will be big spending cuts, with no increase in revenue. Then a panel will make recommendations for further deficit reduction — and if these recommendations aren’t accepted, there will be more spending cuts. ... He surrendered last December, extending all the Bush tax cuts; he surrendered in the spring when they threatened to shut down the government; and he has now surrendered on a grand scale to raw extortion over the debt ceiling. Maybe it’s just me, but I see a pattern here. Did the president have any alternative this time around? Yes. First of all, he could and should have demanded an increase in the debt ceiling back in December. When asked why he didn’t, he replied that he was sure that Republicans would act responsibly. Great call. ... But wouldn’t taking a tough stance have worried markets? Probably not. In fact, if I were an investor I would be reassured, not dismayed, by a demonstration that the president is willing and able to stand up to blackmail on the part of right-wing extremists. Instead, he has chosen to demonstrate the opposite. Make no mistake about it, what we’re witnessing here is a CATASTROPHE on multiple levels. It is, of course, a political CATASTROPHE for Democrats, who just a few weeks ago seemed to have Republicans on the run over their plan to dismantle Medicare; now Mr. Obama has thrown all that away. And the damage isn’t over: there will be more choke points where Republicans can threaten to create a crisis unless the president surrenders, and they can now act with the confident expectation that he will. In the long run, however, Democrats won’t be the only losers. What Republicans have just gotten away with calls our whole system of government into question. After all, how can American democracy work if whichever party is most prepared to be ruthless, to threaten the nation’s economic security, gets to dictate policy? And the answer is, maybe it can’t. On Monday's NPR Morning Edition STEVE INSKEEP gets The White House Perspective and asks last week's WH Limo rider DAVID PLOUFFE point blank, "Paul Krugman's column in the New York Times this morning is headlined, quote, "The President Surrenders." Did he?" to which Plouffe deadpans "No he didn't." So starts the "multi-dimesional chess" spin game from the O! apologists. The Vichy Dems are trying to put lipstick on a pig but it's more like putting lipstick on a pig's ASS. As soon as the teabaggers understand what their "duly electeds" just did they'll be changing their flags to "Don't Tread on My Bananas"! Haha! But wait! There's more! Matt Taibi explains the Debt Ceiling Deal: The Democrats Take a Dive The Democrats aren't failing to stand up to Republicans and failing to enact sensible reforms that benefit the middle class because they genuinely believe there's political hay to be made moving to the right. They're doing it because they do not represent any actual voters. I know I've said this before, but they are not a progressive political party, not even secretly, deep inside. They just play one on television. For evidence, all you have to do is look at this latest fiasco. The Republicans in this debt debate fought like wolves or alley thugs, biting and scratching and using blades and rocks and shards of glass and every weapon they could reach. The Democrats, despite sitting in the White House, the most awesome repository of political power on the planet, didn't fight at all. They made a show of a tussle for a good long time -- as fixed fights go, you don't see many that last into the 11th and 12th rounds, like this one did -- but at the final hour, they let out a whimper and took a dive. We probably need to start wondering why this keeps happening. Also, this: if the Democrats suck so bad at political combat, then how come they continue to be rewarded with such massive quantities of campaign contributions? When the final tally comes in for the 2012 presidential race, who among us wouldn't bet that Barack Obama is going to beat his Republican opponent in the fundraising column very handily? At the very least, he won't be out-funded, I can almost guarantee that. Uh yep. All those "small donors" again? Robert Riech blurts it out Ransom Paid while BRUCE DIXON at BAR points out Obama & the Fake Debt Ceiling Crisis: This President Is Really Just Smarter Than You Are PAUL STREET at counterpunch piles on with Whose Black President? Too much to snip so go read these! TruthDig.com's Robert Scheer proclaims The Recovery Is Dead, Long Live the Recovery! But to use the word “capitulation” is too kind, since this president, as was Bill Clinton before him, is clearly one of those “New Democrats” who welcomes the opportunity to jettison the legacy of Franklin Delano Roosevelt as outmoded political baggage. Otherwise, why would Obama have reached for a “grand bargain” in which he even put Social Security and Medicare cuts on the table before the Republicans rolled him? That same opportunistic reasoning got us into the Great Recession, thanks to President Clinton joining with congressional Republicans to destroy the sensible controls on Wall Street greed that FDR had put in place in order to prevent a repeat of the Depression. That was also the rationale of the Clinton alums that Obama appointed to clean up the mess they themselves had created. Instead of worrying about jobless workers and swindled homeowners, they bailed out the swindlers, following the example set by George W. Bush. That said David Cay Johnston at his ReutersBlog provides an historical reference Fact-free fiscal farce "There is a cure for bad political posture. Just dose yourself with the best elixir ever for manufactured crisis: facts. The posturing in Congress having stretched any sense of reality beyond recognition, here are 10 facts that would have informed the debate on Capitol Hill and can certainly inform your understanding of the federal fiscal follies. Of course the factless feckless U.S. corporomedia won't tell you this or anything about the the Congressional Progressive Caucus plan that's been out there for MONTHS! (See The courageous Progressive Caucus budget from The Economist April 22.) George Monbiot at Guardian UK spells it out in Debt deal: anger and deceit has led the US into a billionaires' coup "Tea Party campaigners take to the streets to demand less tax for billionaires and worse health, education and social insurance for themselves. Are they stupid? No. They have been misled by another instrument of corporate power: the media." BINGO! We have more important stories!
Keith Olbermann gets the Last Comment with his own Special Comment: The Four Great Hypocrisies of the Debt Deal
It will do no good to wait for the politicians to suddenly atone for their sins. They are too busy trying to keep their jobs, to do their jobs. It will do no good to wait for the media to suddenly remember its origins as the 'free press,' the watchdog of democracy envisioned by Jefferson. They are too busy trying to get exclusive DETAILS about exactly how the bankrobbers emptied the public's pockets, to give a damn about telling anybody what they looked like, or which way they went. It will do no good to wait for the apolitical public to get a clue. They can't hear the clue through all the chatter and scandal and diversion and delusion and illusion. The betrayal of what this nation is supposed to be about did not begin with this deal and it surely will not end with this deal. There is a tide pushing back the rights of each of us, and it has been artificially induced by union-bashing and the sowing of shatreds and fears, and now this ever-more-institutionalized economic battering of the average American. It will continue, and it will crush us, because those who created it are organized and unified and hell-bent. And the only response is to be organized and unified and hell-bent in return. MICHAEL MOORE gets the LAST WORD. 30 Years Ago Today: The Day the Middle Class Died From time to time, someone under 30 will ask me, "When did this all begin, America's downward slide?" They say they've heard of a time when working people could raise a family and send the kids to college on just one parent's income (and that college in states like California and New York was almost free). That anyone who wanted a decent paying job could get one. That people only worked five days a week, eight hours a day, got the whole weekend off and had a paid vacation every summer. That many jobs were union jobs, from baggers at the grocery store to the guy painting your house, and this meant that no matter how "lowly" your job was you had guarantees of a pension, occasional raises, health insurance and someone to stick up for you if you were unfairly treated. Young people have heard of this mythical time -- but it was no myth, it was real. And when they ask, "When did this all end?", I say, "It ended on this day: August 5th, 1981." Good stuff! And there's more good stuff below in the BTV Alerts and all our regulars! Running really late this week so get going! We're sure you'll find ample brick targets on the corporomedia's Sunday Funnnies too! Have a great week!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
»»» Billy Bragg @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Billy Bragg: British Rocker on Norway Attacks, Activism & His Song on Murdoch, “Never Buy The Sun” Aug 1, 2012
»»» William Hartung and Michael Hudson @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW After Months of Partisan Wrangling, Wall Street & Pentagon Emerge Victorious on Debt Deal Aug 2, 2012
»»» Donna Edwards @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Rep. Donna Edwards on Why She Voted Against Debt Deal: “A Bad Framework for the Future” Aug 3, 2012
»»» Dean Baker WATCH NOW Economist Dean Baker Predicts A "Really Bad Deal or No Deal" from Deficit "Super Committee" Aug 3, 2011
»»» Dimi Reider @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Thousands Protest Widening Inequality in Israel, But Calls Ignore Occupation and Palestinian Rights Aug 3, 2011
»»» NOW President Terry O’Neill @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Women Hurt Most by Debt Deal Cuts to Medicare, Social Security, Tuition Aug 4, 2011
»»» Sharif Abdel Kouddous @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Video Report from Cairo: Egyptians Celebrate as Mubarak Stands Trial for Murder, Corruption Aug 4, 2011
»»» Patty Lovera of Food & Water Watch @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Cargill Meat Recall Heightens Fears Budgets Cuts Will Weaken Oversight, Threaten Public Health Aug 5, 2011
»»» Lisa Graves, executive director of the Center for Media and Democracy @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Secretive Corporate-Legislative Group ALEC Holds Annual Meeting to Rewrite State Laws Aug 5, 2011
»»» Mike Elk, contributing labor reporter at The Nation @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW New Exposé Tracks ALEC-Private Prison Industry Effort to Replace Unionized Workers with Prison Labor Aug 5, 2011
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW Flanders Dyson & Press with Al Sharpton on the Debt Deal
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» NASCAR on ESPN It's the Good Sam RV Insurance 500 fromPocono Raceway! 1 pm et
»»» MLB on TBS Braves @ Mets! 1 pm et
»»» Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN Yankees @ Red Sox! 8 pm et
»»» Monday Night Baseball on ESPN Red Sox @ Twins! 7 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
October2011.org October 2011 is the 10th anniversary of the invasion of Afghanistan and the beginning of the 2012 federal austerity budget. It is time to light the spark that sets off a true democratic, nonviolent transition to a world in which people are freed to create just and sustainable solutions. Take this pledge at October2011.org
- "I pledge that if any U.S. troops, contractors, or mercenaries remain in Afghanistan on Thursday, October 6, 2011, as that occupation goes into its 11th year, I will commit to being in Freedom Plaza in Washington, D.C., with others on that day or the days immediately following, for as long as I can, with the intention of making it our Tahrir Square, Cairo, our Madison, Wisconsin, where we will NONVIOLENTLY resist the corporate machine by occupying Freedom Plaza to demand that America's resources be invested in human needs and environmental protection instead of war and exploitation. We can do this together. We will be the beginning."
CHANGE.ORG The First Cause: A Plan to Claim Food As Food We're losing the right to manage our own health. Even the right to choose our food is being stolen. We can stop it, but only by ending the basis on which it's being done—not by addressing each action. Heidi Stevenson, Gaia Health: We've been focused on each incursion as it's brought to us. But we haven't looked at the overall picture. Even if we win a large percentage of these battles, we will still lose the war. The foes of health freedom will keep coming. When they lose one battle, they come back from a slightly different direction. ... We need to address the tricks being used to force these disastrous rulings on us. We must stop them from claiming powers that they do not have. Therefore, I propose that we start by addressing one of the most significant claims being made in both the US and the European Union. Both the US's FDA and the EU have been redefining terms to allow them to regulate foods, vitamins, and herbs as if they were drugs. The FDA is now labeling foods, vitamins, and herbs as drugs, and then regulating them in the same manner that pharmaceutical drugs are regulated. Just making a health claim for a food has, according to the FDA, literally turned it into a drug! That would, of course, be absurd—if it weren't so frighteningly effective. ... As a result of these absurdities, the FDA, along with its EU equivalents, has deemed that Cheerios cereal, walnuts, marmalade made from Seville oranges, and even Marmite, may be regulated as drugs.
The First Cause: A Plan to Claim Food As Food: We can't end this destruction of our rights simply by protesting each incident. By the time these limitations are pushed on us, it's too late. We must address the bases on which these rules are made. We must insure that, at a minimum, laws are enacted that remove the ability to limit our access to natural products. Food must be recognized as food, not treated as drugs. To this end, I'm starting two petitions, one in the US and one in the EU, to address this concern. However, these petitions are not the usual sort. They will form the basis of many actions. People who sign are asked to be part of the movement to claim back our health rights. We need to let politicians know that we're serious, we're organized—and we're growing. People who sign are asked to also send letters or e-mails to their representatives in congress or parliament, thus sending a constantly increasing stream of messages to keep the issue in front of them. A new website has been set up to allow people to post responses from politicians, along with their own articles: Free Choice - Health Defining food as food is not the only issue that must be tackled, but it's a key one. As it gets rolling, we'll start others. We are literally in a battle for our lives!
If you're in Europe, click HERE to sign the petition.
If you're in the United States, click HERE to sign the petition. Do it NOW!
(Ed. sez go read Michael Pollan's FARMER IN CHIEF -Ed.)
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net And Alan Grayson is running again in FL-8! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org UPDATE! Manning-Lamo Chat Logs Revealed at wired.com plus The Deeply Personal Details in New Bradley Manning Chat Logs and Bradley Manning Support Network Much more at link.
EMAIL UPDATE! Help us reach our goal of a half million by signing the petition, and passing it on. Add your name! AND Vote for Bradley in the 2011 Time Magazine 100 Poll here!
Add your name to this petition Eminent US legal scholars protest 'torture' of Bradley Manning.
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,474 US Military Dead as of July 29, 2011
AFGHANISTAN: 1,680 US Military Dead as of July 29, 2011
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. See Politifact Statements ABC News 'This Week'
• Standard & Poor's Managing Director John Chambers
• Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley
• Senator Jeff Sessions (R-AL)
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will and Cokie Roberts, as well as Steve Rattner, former Counselor to the Treasury Secretary and Lead Auto Advisor, Tea Party member Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-UT), who voted against this week's debt ceiling increase, and Ariel Investment president Mellody Hobson.
• U.S. Ambassador to Syria Robert Ford
• feminist icon Gloria Steinem
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• David Axelrod, Obama campaign strategist and fmr. White House Advisor
• Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
• fmr. Democratic presidential candidate, Gov. Howard Dean
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The next housing shock - As more and more Americans face mortgage foreclosure, banks' crucial ownership documents for the properties are often unclear and are sometimes even bogus - a condition that's causing lawsuits and hampering an already weak housing market. Scott Pelley reports. Robert Anderson and Daniel Ruetenik are the producers.
• The co-founder - Lesley Stahl speaks to Microsoft co-founder and billionaire Paul Allen in his first interview about his upcoming book in which he criticizes his Microsoft co-founder, Bill Gates. Shachar-Bar-On is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish. See their website MeetTheFacts.com updating soon!
• John Kerry (D-MA)
• John McCain (R-AZ)
• ROUNDTABLE: Former Chairman of the Federal Reserve, Dr. Alan Greenspan, outgoing White House Economic Adviser, Austan Goolsbee, MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow, and Republican strategist, Alex Castellanos.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) guest host Gloria Borger
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• economic panel: Former Treasury Secretary Lawrence Summers and Forbes CEO Steve Forbes
• On our radar: A downgraded U.S. credit rating, the threat of cyber attacks, and the latest in Syria.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
• Front Porch Friday!!!!!! Listen HERE (mp3)!
• Catch the PRISM-WV Summer Academy video stream on the Head-On With Bob Kincaid USTREAM Channel!
Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - August, 2011 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: The latest commie pinko hoaxster enemy of Fox 'News' is... Spongebob Squarepants!; Radioactive fish in VT; Salmonella turkey burgers everywhere else; Wolves under the gun in Wyoming; PLUS: The high cost of doing nothing about climate change ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): EPA delays smog rule for fourth time; Record rain causes deaths, flooding, landslides in S. Korea; Tropical Storm Don bound for TX; Waxman calls out Obama: explain connection between pollution and extreme weather; CA Gov vows to 'crush' foes of renewable energy; Norwegians concede role in salmon virus; Only one deadly strain of e. coli is Illegal; Bad summer sequels: GOP rehashes attacks on environment; Court rules farmers can sue over pesticide drift; Japanese scientists push for more radiation tests on seafood Risks; Sen. Manchin's (D-WV) ties to coal company ... PLUS: The Plastic Bag Wars.Somalia famine spreads in E. Africa; Tropical Storm Emily hits vulnerable Haiti; Polar bear scientist under investigation; Russia: faster ice melt opens Arctic trade routes; Gulf ‘Dead Zone’ expanding to new areas; Calculate climate change health effects in your state; Water well tainted by fracking; Japan fires top nuclear officials; Japan to lift evacuation order around damaged nuclear plant; Pockets of high radiation detected near Fukushima plant; Conoco-Phillips says massive China oil spill worse than thought; New superbug strain of salmonella; Sanders: NRC must act on Fukushima report; Beware These Household Energy-Saving Myths ... PLUS: Positively Orwellian: At Koch's ALEC Conference, 'The Many Benefits of Atmospheric CO2 Enrichment'..... Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Live! Weekly on KGO PBC Live! Weekly on KGO Your humble host has been remiss in keeping you apprised of his other media activities. Since February, I’ve been hosting a regular weekly show on KGO, the leading San Francisco talk station with a huge coverage area–at night, you can hear it anywhere on the West Coast. TFN (till further notice), you can hear me every Friday night–or, more precisely, Saturday morning, from 1-5 am (PDT) on 810-AM or streaming at www.kgoradio.com. If you’d like to be alerted each week, sign up on Facebook as a fan of “Peter B. Collins Show” or you can follow me on Twitter, @pbcsf
• PBC Podcast 273 Tea Party Radicals, Dancing on the (Debt) Ceiling; Jason Leopold’s Exclusive Causes Air Force to Suspend Ethics Training with Christian Themes Just back from vacation, PBC opens with a bad Lionel Richie tune and a rant on the sordid deficit deal–Obama is a bad negotiator who was forced to accept a lose-lose-lose deal. Jason Leopold of Truthout on his latest exclusive investigative report: the Air Force uses Bible quotes and other religious messages to train missile officers to launch nuclear missiles on command.
• PBC Podcast 274 Progressive Dems in California Call for a Primary Challenge to Obama; Bob Fitrakis with New Evidence of Election Theft in 2004 Presidential campaigns, future and past. PBC comments on the recent resolution by progressive Democrats calling for a primary challenge to Obama next year; Dr. Bob Fitrakis presents new evidence of GOP election fraud in Ohio in 2004, which delivered a second term to Bush and Cheney.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! August 5, 2011
• This week on Ring of Fire: investigative journalist Daniel Denvir will be joining us to talk about how the far right lobbyist group ALEC is actually using taxpayer funds to push their anti-government agenda.
• We’ll be taking a look at how skyrocketing CEO pay is destroying our economy – Bill Lazonick from the UMass Center for Industrial Competitiveness will join us for that discussion.
• Jay Rosen from NYU will be here to tell us why journalism has tamed itself down to the point of being almost useless.
• Author Russ Baker will join us to talk about how Rupert Murdoch’s media empire has made the world a worse place.
• We’ll also be talking with Brian Beutler from Talking Points Memo about the horrible deal that the American public got from the debt ceiling negotiations.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• Ezra Klein on the Debt Deal [08•01•11]
MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityreport.official.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• VIDEO! The Official Silver Liberation Army! See SilverLiberationArmy.com !
• Markets! Finance! Panic! Posted on August 5, 2011 by maxkeiser. READ World stock markets in turmoil (Guardian) & Aden Sisters say ‘Sell Everything!’
• “Italian prosecutors have seized documents at the offices of credit rating agencies Moody’s and Standard & Poor’s.” READ MISH The War Against The Rating Agencies Begins: Italy Prosecutor Seizes Moody’s, S&P Documents
• VIDEO! Max Keiser Standup Rage Mott St. NYC; August 2nd, 2011 In two parts, about 90 minutes. Must Watch!
• AGW deniers get tossed like used tampons: “Shell Gets Tentative Approval to Drill in Arctic” Posted on August 4, 2011 by maxkeiser. Congratulations morons. The AGW denying industry you buy into just got you to approve your own bloody, inconsequential death by asphyxiation. Why wait? Why not just top yourself now and do us all a favor? READ The Department of Interior on Thursday granted Royal Dutch Shell conditional approval of its plan to begin drilling exploratory wells in the Arctic Ocean next summer (nyt)
• Markets! Finance! Panic! Posted on August 5, 2011 by maxkeiser. READ World stock markets in turmoil (Guardian) & Aden Sisters say ‘Sell Everything!’
• KEISER REPORT [KR169] Keiser Report: Peak Everything With James Howard Kunstler
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM1208] The Truth About The 95 Theses Against Bankster Occupation. Download mp3 HERE Donations to ResonanceFM here.
• ON THE EDGE [OTE] New pan Asian gold exchange
• ON THE EDGE [OTE] On the Edge with Rick Falkvinge
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Anthony Gregory August 06, 2011: Anthony Gregory, Editor in Chief of Campaign for Liberty, discusses his article “Hiroshima, Nagasaki, and the U.S. Terror State” at lewrockwell.com; questioning the greatness and necessity of dropping atomic bombs on Japan; America’s unofficial civic religion of state-worship and war mythology; how the US war machine of the 60s and 70s continues to kill civilians in SE Asia; and how the war on terrorism has provided cover for the belligerence of bigots and racists.
• Greg Mitchell August 06, 2011: Greg Mitchell, author of the Media Fix blog for TheNation.com, discusses his article “The Great Hiroshima Cover-Up—And the Greatest Movie Never Made” at japanfocus.org; the long suppression of Hiroshima/Nagasaki footage taken by Japanese and American military film crews; the Hiroshima Memorial Mound, where the ashes of 70,000 people are buried; how the Truman administration directly intervened in the 1947 MGM film The Beginning or the End and how Americans have been brainwashed into believing the atomic bombs were necessary to end the war and save lives.
• Daniel Ellsberg August 06, 2011: Daniel Ellsberg, author of Secrets: A Memoir of Vietnam and the Pentagon Papers, discusses his articles “A Hundred Holocausts: An Insider’s Window Into U.S. Nuclear Policy” and “Hiroshima Day: America Has Been Asleep at the Wheel for 64 Years;” the “cultural lag” phenomenon wherein the technology of mass destruction overtakes mankind’s moral capacity; the objections within the military to dropping the atomic bombs (because firebombing Japanese cities had been devastating enough and surrender was imminent); the H-bomb’s staggering destructive force as compared to an A-bomb; how the Russian and US “hair trigger doomsday machines” put us at perpetual risk of annihilation; how the relatively cool-headed George W. Bush (as compared to Cheney and McCain) kept the US out of potential nuclear wars; and the stagnant pace of disarmament, even though it could be done quickly and is absolutely essential.This interview is from the KPFK 90.7 FM Los Angeles broadcast of August 5th
Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• S & P credit analyst David Beers
• House Budget Chairman Paul Ryan
• Legg Mason CIO Bill Miller
• GOP presidential candidate Tim Pawlenty
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml