Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER! LIBOR Lies People are calling this the "LIBOR Scandal" but "scandal" is too weak a word, like it's somebody getting a BJ in a limo or didn't pay their taxes. We like LIBOR FRAUD CLUSTERFUCK because it's so pernicious, potentially touching every bank loan in the world! More on this later. First here is the most blatant example of the pernicious right wing corporomedia ECHO CHAMBER we've seen in a long time. Ernie Canning reports at the Brad Blog. Media Misreporting Skews Federal Court Ruling on FL's Deceptive Purge of 'Non-Citizen' Voters What happened, in short, on June 27, was this: The attorneys for FL Sec. of State Ken Detzner (R) walked into the federal courtroom, threw-up their hands and surrendered. There was no need for Judge Robert Hinkle to issue the Temporary Restraining Order (TRO) sought by the U.S. Department of Justice (DoJ) in order to stop what the DoJ described as an illegal, systematic purge of "potential non-citizen" voters. Detzner voluntarily suspended the purge and promised the court it would not resume. Accepting Detzner's surrender, Judge Hinkle denied the federal government's motion for a TRO, finding it unnecessary, but cautioned that the DoJ could revisit the issue if Detzner or any of Florida's county Supervisors of Elections resumed what he described as a flawed voter removal program that "probably ran afoul" of the National Voting Rights Act (NVRA). Subsequent misreporting by the corporate mainstream media succeeded, however, in turning that reality upside-down. ....... The headlines written in response to the June 27 court hearing expose a classic MSM failure. "Fla. Judge Won't Halt Voter Roll Purge", CBS Miami dutifully reported immediately after Judge Hinkle's bench ruling. Yes, concurred Fox "News", "Judge refuses to block Florida voter purge", in a headline that would be repeated by the Huffington Post and again at ABC. Agreed, wrote Bloomberg, "Federal Judge Rejects U.S. Bid to Block Voter-Roll Purge". At the Chicago Tribune we find "Judge Rejects U.S. request to stop Florida voter purge". Indeed, from the Miami Herald, we learned "Judge halts federal attempt to block Florida's voter purge". In fact, in perhaps the most twisted headline of all, the Orlando Weekly (mis)informed its readers, "Federal judge OKs Florida voter purge". Unfreakinbelievable. READ ON!
We here at BTV rarely take in Corporate TeeVee News but we stumbled upon Jennifer Granholm's ‘The War Room’ for July 10 Rev. Wendell Anthony, president of the Detroit NAACP, told Jennifer Granholm that Mitt Romney’s policies and priorities don’t match up with the NAACP’s. Anthony said Romney’s appearance at the NAACP conference created an “illusion of inclusion.” … And "Put some meat on the bones" too! Check out that interview! Then read Nick Shaxson on Romney's investments in Vanity Fair Where the Money Lives For all Mitt Romney’s touting of his business record, when it comes to his own money the Republican nominee is remarkably shy about disclosing numbers and investments. Nicholas Shaxson delves into the murky world of offshore finance, revealing loopholes that allow the very wealthy to skirt tax laws, and investigating just how much of Romney’s fortune (with $30 million in Bain Capital funds in the Cayman Islands alone?) looks pretty strange for a presidential candidate. Of course this has caused a shitstorm but all Romney can say is that it's all perfectly legal!
Bigger problem though is Mitt Headroom's allegedly leaving Bain Capital when he says he did, in 1999. We go to Matthew Rozsa at PolicyMic.com for Romney Bain Capital Scandal: Everything You Need to Know For those of you unfamiliar with the emerging scandal involving Mitt Romney and Bain Capital, I have broken down the debacle into five convenient sets of bullet points: .... - Last week, the Boston Globe revealed Bain Capital filed documents with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) as late as 2002 reporting Romney as "sole stockholder, chairman of the board, chief executive officer, and president" of the company. Massachusetts financial disclosure forms also report that he earned at least $100,000 as a Bain "executive" in 2001 and 2002 and owned 100% of the company as of 2002. ..... - Obama's team is missing the point. In a statement made by campaign senior adviser Stephanie Cutter, they claimed that: "Either Mitt Romney, through his own words and his own signature, was misrepresenting his position at Bain to the SEC, which is a felony, or he was misrepresenting his position at Bain to the American people to avoid responsibility for some of the consequences of his investments." This isn't entirely accurate, since it depicts Romney as being either a criminal (if he lied on his SEC forms) or simply dishonest (if he lied on his his 2011 federal disclosure form). Clearly the Obama people need to read the False Statements Accountability Act of 1996, since if they did, they'd realize that both acts are illegal. If Romney lied on either one of those occasions, he broke the law. Ha! A Republican caught LYING! There's a Big News Flash! But the Religious Right has no problem with their selected representatives and other political operatives breaking their lord's Ninth Commandment of not bearing false witness. Of course these maroons have no problem with Abramoff's toady and imminent liar Ralph Reed. Adele Stan from Alternet explains Religious Right's Ralph Reed Field-Tests Plan for Beating Obama Reed's Faith and Freedom Coalition, "a 21st-century version of the Christian Coalition on steroids," is leading the effort. If you like what happened in Wisconsin, Reed implies, you're going to love the 2012 presidential race, when FFC reaches out to 27.1 million conservative voters; he promises that FFC will contact each of them between seven to 12 times to either get them to the polls, or better yet, vote early in states that permit it. Consider it payback, if you will, for the outcome of the 2008 presidential election. Read on for the scary details! These dimwits of course have no idea they are leading all of us (believer and non-believer) into Austerity Hell if their candidates win. We need you to read this item at AlterNet Weimar America: Four Major Ways We're Following In Germany's Fascist Footsteps (h/t Maddy) What happens when a nation that was once an economic powerhouse turns its back on democracy and on its middle class, as wealthy right-wingers wage austerity campaigns and enable extremist politics? It may sound like America in 2012. But it was also Germany in 1932. .... Weimar Germany holds many useful lessons for contemporary Americans. In particular, there are four major points of similarity between Weimar Germany and Weimar America worth examining. ..... 3. Enabling of extremists. Well before Hitler was made chancellor in 1933, leading conservatives and business leaders had concluded that their interests would be better served by something other than the democratic system established in 1919. During the 1920s, they actively supported parties that promoted anti-democratic ideologies, from monarchism to authoritarianism. .... Tea Party activists aren't Nazis. But with roots in the 20th-century radical right, the Tea Party's attack on the public sector, on labor unions, on democratic practices, and on people who aren't white mark them as the extremist wing of American politics; and they bear many of the hallmarks that characterize fascist movements around the world. In recent years, Republican leaders have been enabling these extremists in a successful bid to reclaim political power lost to Democrats in 2006 and 2008. We don't yet know where this enabling is going to lead the country, but it's hard to imagine it will be anywhere good.
LIBOR UPDATE: Robert Reich posts at his blog The Wall Street Scandal of all Scandals What’s the most basic service banks provide? Borrow money and lend it out. You put your savings in a bank to hold in trust, and the bank agrees to pay you interest on it. Or you borrow money from the bank and you agree to pay the bank interest. How is this interest rate determined? We trust that the banking system is setting today’s rate based on its best guess about the future worth of the money. And we assume that guess is based, in turn, on the cumulative market predictions of countless lenders and borrowers all over the world about the future supply and demand for the dough. But suppose our assumption is wrong. Suppose the bankers are manipulating the interest rate so they can place bets with the money you lend or repay them – bets that will pay off big for them because they have inside information on what the market is really predicting, which they’re not sharing with you. That would be a mammoth violation of public trust. And it would amount to a rip-off of almost cosmic proportion – trillions of dollars that you and I and other average people would otherwise have received or saved on our lending and borrowing that have been going instead to the bankers. It would make the other abuses of trust we’ve witnessed look like child’s play by comparison. Sad to say, there’s reason to believe this has been going on, or something very much like it. This is what the emerging scandal over “Libor” (short for “London interbank offered rate”) is all about. ..... But Wall Street has almost surely been involved in the same practice, including the usual suspects — JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup, and Bank of America – because every major bank participates in setting the Libor rate, and Barclay’s couldn’t have rigged it without their witting involvement. In fact, Barclay’s defense has been that every major bank was fixing Libor in the same way, and for the same reason. ..... But the other scandal is even worse. It involves a more general practice, starting around 2005 and continuing until – who knows? it might still be going on — to rig the Libor in whatever way necessary to assure the banks’ bets on derivatives would be profitable. This is insider trading on a gigantic scale. It makes the bankers winners and the rest of us – whose money they’ve used for to make their bets – losers and chumps. What to do about it, other than hope the Justice Department and other regulators impose stiff fines and even criminal penalties, and hold executives responsible? ..... The alternative is to be unflagging and unflinching in our demand that Glass-Steagall be reinstituted and the biggest banks be broken up. The question is whether the unfolding Libor scandal will provide enough ammunition and energy to finally get the job done.
Next Robert Scheer at TruthDig calls the LIBOR rate-fixing the Crime of the Century .... Modern international bankers form a class of thieves the likes of which the world has never before seen. Or, indeed, imagined. The scandal over Libor—short for London interbank offered rate—has resulted in a huge fine for Barclays Bank and threatens to ensnare some of the world’s top financers. It reveals that behind the world’s financial edifice lies a reeking cesspool of unprecedented corruption. The modern-day robber barons pillage with a destructive abandon totally unfettered by law or conscience and on a scale that is almost impossible to comprehend. How to explain a $450 million settlement for one bank whose defense, in a plea bargain worked out with regulators in London and Washington, is that every institution in their elite financial circle was doing it? Not just Barclays but JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup and others are now being investigated on suspicion of manipulating the Libor rate, so critical to a $700 trillion derivatives market. ...... As The New York Times editorialized: “The evidence, cited by the Justice Department—which Barclays agreed is ‘true and accurate’—is damning. ‘Always happy to help,’ one employee wrote in an email after being asked to submit false information. ‘If you know how to keep a secret, I’ll bring you in on it,’ wrote a Barclays trader to a trader at another bank, referring to their strategies for mutual gain. If that’s not conspiracy and price-fixing, what is?” The U.S. Justice Department made a deal with Barclays, and although it may prosecute some individuals in the scam, it agreed not to go after the bank itself. “Such an agreement makes sense only if that cooperation will allow prosecutors to nail other banks that have been involved in setting the rates, including potential cases against Citigroup, JPMorgan Chase and HSBC ... ,” the Times editorial said. Both Citigroup and JPMorgan Chase were reported by The Wall Street Journal years ago to be suspected of rigging the Libor interest rate. The leaders of those banks, despite such media exposure, clearly remained confident enough to continue on their merry way. The sad reality is that they will probably get away with it. The world of high finance is by design as obscure and opaque as the bankers and their political surrogates can make it, and even this most recent crack in their defense of deception will soon be made to go away. However there may be some light at the end of the tunnel that's not an oncoming freight train full of coal. Reporting for Rolling Stone Matt Taibbi sat in on what on face seemed like a ho-hum Wall St. Underling trial and made this connection The Scam Wall Street Learned From the Mafia How America's biggest banks took part in a nationwide bid-rigging conspiracy - until they were caught on tape .... In fact, stripped of all the camouflaging financial verbiage, the crimes the defendants and their co-conspirators committed were virtually indistinguishable from the kind of thuggery practiced for decades by the Mafia, which has long made manipulation of public bids for things like garbage collection and construction contracts a cornerstone of its business. What's more, in the manner of old mob trials, Wall Street's secret machinations were revealed during the Carollo trial through crackling wiretap recordings and the lurid testimony of cooperating witnesses, who came into court with bowed heads, pointing fingers at their accomplices. The new-age gangsters even invented an elaborate code to hide their crimes. Like Elizabethan highway robbers who spoke in thieves' cant, or Italian mobsters who talked about "getting a button man to clip the capo," on tape after tape these Wall Street crooks coughed up phrases like "pull a nickel out" or "get to the right level" or "you're hanging out there" – all code words used to manipulate the interest rates on municipal bonds. The only thing that made this trial different from a typical mob trial was the scale of the crime. USA v. Carollo involved classic cartel activity: not just one corrupt bank, but many, all acting in careful concert against the public interest. In the years since the economic crash of 2008, we've seen numerous hints that such orchestrated corruption exists.... Way long read, too much to snip so get over there before it's behind the RS Pay Wall! WAIT! There's more! Yves Smith at NakedCapitalism has this Another MF Global? Customer Accounts Frozen at Futures Broker PFGBest (Updated) Another blow to what credibility is left in the futures brokerage business in the US may have come in the form of the failure of midsized commodities and foreign exchange broker PFGBest, which claimed to have roughly $400 million in customer assets. Although details are sketchy, the firm was may have been falsifying bank records; the founder of the firm tried but failed to kill himself. Customer accounts were put on hold today and the firm is being liquidated. ...... I welcome comment from readers who are familiar with commodities regulations, but I’d not be so certain. One of the things that made the MF Global failure so shocking was the freezing of accounts which not only denied customers access to funds, but the inability to trade also meant they had limited ability to mitigate any losses. By contrast, when Refco failed, the businesses were sold to Man Financial, and customers had a smooth transition. One key difference is MF Global was put into Chapter 11, as opposed to being liquidated under Chapter 7. This move was widely criticized (the CFTC’s Gary Gensler curiously approved this action before recusing himself). Not only did it give considerable advantage to creditors like JP Morgan. ..... So in other words, the use of Chapter 11 is much less favorable to commodities brokerage customers than Chapter 7, and the reason for choosing a Chapter 11 seemed to be the result of (at best) shocking ignorance at the CFTC (in that a Chapter 7 would have protected the commodities customers and not put the securities brokerage customers at a disadvantage). By contrast, for a pure futures brokerage, there would be no reason to consider a Chapter 11 (save maybe the intent really was to reorganize the firm, or the liquidity crisis was at the holding company, not in the brokerage unit). The fact that the word “liquidation” is featured so strongly in the Wall Street Journal account is consistent with the expected use of a Chapter 7, which also means that in the end, the PFGBest customers might come out less badly than MF Global customers did. However, it needs to be stressed that this is not how a regulated broker is supposed to fail. As many seasoned traders stressed at the time of the MF Global collapse, customer accounts are supposed to be sacrosanct. And as a result, it is normally possible to have fairly smooth transfer of customer accounts out of failed firms. If it turns out that twice in a relatively short period that customers had their funds pilfered under regulators’ noses, it means that investors should vote with their feet until they have some assurance that these failings have been rectified. Update 11:00 PM: Per the statement of the National Futures Association, it looks like half the customers’ money, or roughly $200 million of $400 million, has gone missing....
And ZeroHedge has some items you should read too! Key Highlights From Fed Lieborgate Disclosure AND Here Is What Happened The Last Time A Trader Was Caught Manipulating CDS Marks
And what would be a BTV Sunday be without more King Jamie drubbing? We go to IntelPuke at FreeInternetPress.com for JP Morgan Reports Trading Losses Of $5.8 Billion From London 'Tempest' The London trading debacle that JP Morgan boss Jamie Dimon once dismissed as a "tempest in a teapot" has so far cost the bank $5.8 billion (£3.7 billion), almost three times initial estimates, the bank said on Friday. The bank made the admission as it released second quarter results that included a $4.4 billion loss on the massive European trades known as "the London whale". Dimon said the bank had clawed back two years of annual compensation from those involved in the trades. The bank also confirmed that the three traders at the heart of controversial trading had left. The losses at JP Morgan's London offices have caused a political firestorm in the U.S. and led to calls for tighter regulation of Wall Street banks. They come as the bank is also under investigation for its role in the alleged fixing of Libor interest rates. JP Morgan held a two hour briefing with analysts on Friday morning to allay fears about the losses. ..... Finance chief Doug Braunstein put the trading loss at $5.8 billion and confirmed that the bank believed it could lose between $800 million and $1.7 billion more as it tried to unwind the complex bets. "We have put most of this problem behind us and we can now focus our full energy on what we do best – serving our clients and communities around the world," Dimon said in a statement. (See Taibbi about how JPM "services" its "clients and communities" ha! -Ed.) JP Morgan reported net income of $4.96 billion, or $1.21 a share, compared with $5.43 billion, or $1.27 a share, a year earlier. It also cut its previously reported first-quarter earnings by $459 million, or 8.5%, after reviewing information that "raises questions about the integrity" of the CIO's credit portfolio. Dimon said there more losses to come of between $800 million and $1.6 billion. At the analysts meeting, Dimon called the problem "isolated". "At some point, I'd like people to actually focus on the underlying businesses … that's why we are here," he said. "All I can say, like with all of these things, we are totally open with regulators," said Dimon. "I'd be a little patient if I were you. Not every company is in the same position." .... "The fact is the economy isn't that bad for corporate America," said Dimon. Yes the under-LYING bizness of FIXING the LIBOR Rate, eh King Jamie? What Brass Balls this guy has! "The economy isn't that bad for corporate America." Wait. Didn't Obomber get grilled for saying essentially the SAME THING a few weeks ago? If you believe in Hell then Dante may just have a "special" ring for Jamie, Lloyd and the other psychopaths now driving the global economy off a cliff!
Barry C. Lynn writes at New America Foundation Out of Business - Measuring the Decline of American Entrepreneurship America’s entrepreneurial sector is in deep trouble. Although the mainstream media continues to promote the idea that the nation’s small and upstart businesses are either generally thriving or, at worst, recovering from the sudden blow of the Great Recession, a closer look at the data reveals the exact opposite to be true, with a long-standing decline in the numbers of independent startups per working-age American.
Our self-image notwithstanding, the number of new entrepreneurs and business owners has been dropping – as a percent of the working-age population – for more than a generation, declining by 53 percent between 1977 and 2010. The share of self-employed Americans, meanwhile, has been declining since 1991; by 2010 it had dropped by more than 20 percent.
This is bad for our economy – new businesses are a vital source of new ideas and new jobs. And it is bad politically – the bottom line is fewer independent citizens and a greater concentration of power. Worse, what data we do have may significantly understate the problem. The government has largely failed to adjust how it gathers data to reflect the outsourcing revolution of the last two decades, rendering much of our picture inaccurate at best.
In this report we seek to make clear the extent of the problem, and to do so through a simple and straightforward analysis of available information. We also seek to detail how the problem may be worse than it seems on the surface, which we do by sketching out some of the ways in which government data collection does not account for the new organization of business, and specifically for what appears to be a rapidly growing number of workers and firms that are, for all intents, “captive” to another bigger firm. Such a survey is a vital first step. Before we can begin to understand what is behind this disturbing decline – and what we can do about it – we must first understand the full scale and scope of the problem.
See below for the full report, or download it here. This study is HUGE as it blows gaping holes in the GOPher Cananrds of "Job Creators" and "Tax cuts create jobs". Good read! Watch this interview with Thom Hartmann on RT's The Big Picture American Entrepreneurship has Declined 53% Since Reagan!
LAOS NINE YEAR HIDDEN WAR US pledges to clean up clusterbombs - We go to The Hill's Congress Blog with Del. Eni F.H. Faleomavaega (D-American Samoa) Clearing Laos of U.S. bombs should be a high priority On July 11, 2012, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton landed in Vientiane, the capital of Lao PDR, for a brief visit on her way to meetings of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) in Cambodia. The last time an active U.S. Secretary of State stepped foot in the country was in 1955, during the Cold War. Nine years later, in 1964, the U.S. began a Secret War in Laos, unauthorized by Congress, to stem communist ground incursions and to interdict traffic along the Ho Chi Minh Trail in Laos. Between 1964 and 1973, the U.S. dropped the equivalent of one planeload of bombs every eight minutes, 24 hours a day, on a country the size of Minnesota. One ton of bombs was dropped for every man, woman, and child in Laos at the time, making it the most heavily bombed country per capita in history. Secretary Clinton’s visit marks the beginning of a new era in U.S.-Lao relations — one focused not on this violent past, but on a bright future. As a Vietnam War veteran who served at the height of the Tet Offensive, I take a personal interest in seeing Laos heal from the wounds of the war. However, I also know that the ghost of the terrible bombings is still very present in the daily lives of ordinary Lao villagers. Up to a third of the bombs dropped over 40 years ago did not explode on impact. An estimated 800,000 volatile, decaying cluster bombs continue to contaminate fields, forests, and villages across Laos. Farmers must risk deadly explosions every day to plant food for their families, and dozens of children every year are killed or maimed by playing or tampering with the small, toy-like cluster bombs. Before we can truly turn our eyes to the future of U.S.-Lao relations, we must resolve this destructive legacy of the past. .... Today I join the U.S. non-profit Legacies of War in calling on Secretary Clinton to make clearing Laos of U.S. bombs a high priority in the region by committing at least $10 million per year over the next decade, or more. The scale of contamination is vast, and Laos will never be able to reach its full potential without clearing land for agriculture and development. But this is a man-made problem with a man-made solution — with her visit, Secretary Clinton has the opportunity to summon the necessary political will to help Laos end this legacy of war and allow a new legacy of peace to begin. Not only does it make sense to help build strong relations with an important ASEAN ally — it is also the right thing to do. In DN headlines from July 12 The United States has never apologized to Laos for its nine-year bombing campaign, which dropped more than two million tons of bombs between 1964 and 1973. The bombing of Laos was one of the most intense of any country in history, surpassing the combined bombing of Japan and Germany during the Second World War. NYT reports Vietnam War’s Legacy Is Vivid as Clinton Visits Laos Now Laos is closely aligned with China, its biggest benefactor by far, with investments of more than $4 billion in mining, hydropower and agriculture. The Chinese built many of the main buildings in this relaxed tropical capital and are now constructing a new convention center with 50 villas for a European-Asian summit meeting in November, a meeting that does not include the United States. Mrs. Clinton’s visit, in keeping with the understated nature of the people, was quite subtle. When Secretary of State John Foster Dulles came here in 1955, he tried to persuade the Lao royal family to drop its neutrality in the cold war and join the American camp. Mrs. Clinton did not attempt anything as brazen, even avoiding mentioning China, though the import of her visit — to seek warmer relations between the United States and Laos — was quite clear. There was no news conference with the prime minister but a carefully worded statement negotiated by both sides that noted the coming entry of Laos into the World Trade Organization, and cooperation between the United States and Laos on environmental protection. ..... “The international community will join us in our efforts to bring this legacy of the Vietnam War to a safe end,” she said. From Laos, Mrs. Clinton flew to Phnom Penh, the capital of Cambodia, for the annual meeting of foreign ministers of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations.
Speaking of dropping bombs what about the Really Big Ones? You know, the Mutual Assured Destruction kind? Bill Hartung has an essay at TomDispatch Tomgram: William Hartung, Why No One Notices Our MAD Planet .... Will Israel continue to get a free pass on its officially unacknowledged possession of up to 200 nuclear warheads and its refusal to join the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty? Who are France and the United Kingdom targeting with their forces of 300 and 225 nuclear warheads, respectively? How long will it take North Korea to develop miniaturized nuclear bombs and deploy them on workable, long-range missiles? And is New START the beginning or the end of mutual U.S. and Russian arms reductions? Many of these questions are far more important than whether Iran gets the bomb, but they get, at best, only a tiny fraction of the attention that Tehran’s nuclear program is receiving..... Good read!
Jason Leopold has this blockbuster at TruthOut DoD Report Confirms Interrogators Pulled "Deliberate Ruse" on Jose Padilla; Convinced Him Flu Shot Was "Truth Serum" In 2006, a lawyer for Jose Padilla, the accused dirty-bomb plotter, made an explosive claim in a federal court filing: the "enemy combatant" was "given drugs against his will, believed to be some form of lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD) or phencyclidine (PCP), to act as a sort of truth serum during his interrogations." But what Seymour failed to disclose, reported here for the first time, was that Padilla was given the flu shot during an interrogation session and told by his interrogators the injection was "truth serum," according to a declassified Department of Defense (DoD) inspector general's report that probed the use of "mind-altering drugs" during the interrogation of war on terror detainees. Sanford Seymour, the technical director of the US Naval brig in South Carolina where Padilla was held, however, vehemently denied the charge during a 2006 hearing to determine whether Padilla, a US citizen, was competent to stand trial. Seymour asserted Padilla was injected with an influenza vaccine. The inspector general's investigation determined that although Padilla was not administered mind-altering drugs (such as LSD), "the incorporation of a routine flu shot into an interrogation session ... was a deliberate ruse by the interrogation team, intended to convince [redacted] he had been administered a mind-altering drug." Truthout obtained a copy of the report prepared by the DoD's deputy inspector general for intelligence in September 2009, under a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request we filed nearly two years ago. (Read our in-depth story on the inspector general's investigation here.) The probe, which was initiated after the publication of a 2008 Washington Post report and a letter sent to the Department of Defense watchdog by Democratic lawmakers, was unable to substantiate any of the allegations by current and former detainees that, as a matter of government policy, they were given mind-altering drugs "to facilitate interrogation." But the watchdog's report provides startling new details about the treatment of detainees by US military personnel and raises important questions about the veracity of the intelligence interrogators gleaned from certain prisoners captured in the "war on terror." The investigation found detainees were interrogated while drugged with powerful antipsychotic and other medications that "could impair an individual's ability to provide accurate information," subjected to "chemical restraints" and hydrated with intravenous fluids while they were being interrogated. Read it all! Then listen to Jason's interview with Brad Friedman subbing for Mike Malloy on Friday below where Jason exclaims, "This is the first admission by the government".
OCCUPY UPDATE: Coming out of the Independence Day Occupy in Philadelphia "A Vision for a democratic future" Here is the PDF you should read. It's got something for everyone! No War! Clean water, air and food! Free universal healthcare! No money in politics! A living wage! Cool! Not so fast, Sherlock. For our Last Word we go to Taradacktyl founder of RepublicanDirtyTricks.com at TVNewsLies Tara Devlin: "Occupy 'Vision Statement' a Gift to the Elites." Frankly, the statement pissed me off because it sounded to me, not like a beautiful vision for the world in stark contrast to the CON vision of greed, hierarchy and intellectual incuriosity - but the death knell of a once promising movement.
"Our process is our message?!" WHAT? Really? I know that was probably meant to be a radical, bold, daring attempt at a fundamental shift in consciousness about how we organize our society, but it sounded more like a gift to the elites who are giggling with delight by the way Occupy just solidified itself as a fringe movement.
Crafting a "vision statement" that is SO incredibly broad and all encompassing is nothing but wasted time and energy. The struggling working classes need champions to fight for them in the HERE AND NOW - not paint a "peace and love" picture of an airy-fairy utopia that is SO FAR from fruition to make it frustratingly laughable.
The "vision" is so painfully, consciously all-inclusive, I was honestly waiting for "Free Mumia," "Save the Whales" and "call your grandma at least once a week so she may feel 'loved and unafraid.'" Yes, these ALL good causes, but we need reality-based "visions" rooted in the HERE AND NOW. The only way this movement will ever reignite the spark lit in Zucotti Park is by giving the average working stiff something he or she can relate to and pour their frustrations into.
All this, "a non hierarchical society," "people feel empowerd, free and unafraid," "more humanity, kindness and selflessness," are all wonderful concepts, but don't resonate with the struggling single parent who is barely keeping a roof over their head. I can see it now. "'Humanity and kindness...' How wonderful. Can you please leave me alone now, I'm trying to get to my third 'uniquely American' low paying job before I get fired for being late." "Hey, Lady.... don't you get it? Our process is our message!"
A REAL, EMPOWERING, vision would be something ALL PEOPLE - including the dupes who think they're Republicans - can rally around. Here's one... SIMPLY, "the middle class restored to economic vibrancy." They want a "process?" Here you go... SIMPLY, "get money out of politics."
It is frustratingly sophomoric, feckless and immature to think that EVERY SINGLE ISSUE AND NEED has to be addressed, right here and right now, or someone might "feel disempowered and afraid."
The elites were really nervous about Occupy - with good reason. It was built on the idea that MONEY had corrupted democracy and destroyed the middle class - an idea whose time has come. Now, that idea has been lost in a sea of "feelings" and diluted by every issue that could ALL be addressed by SIMPLY taking care of the ORIGINAL issue.
The working class - even those who've been propagandized to THINK their interests and the interests of billionaires are one in the same - all know that MONEY is the rot in our system. EVERYTHING - from "a non hierarchical society" to "people feeling empowerd, free and unafraid" could be addressed ONCE the fundamental rot is eradicated.
Here's a quote from an article about the Philadelphia gathering:
- "In a circle of about 100 people, many complained that even Occupy - known for its lack of a unifying demand or a recognized leader - was not inclusive enough. In a discussion lasting about two hours, Occupiers stood up to say women, minorities, American Indians, people with disabilities, gays and lesbians, homeless people, and anarchists were all being treated unfairly by the movement."
I mean, what the Hell? Is this a political movement for change - REAL, ACTUAL, CHANGE that might REALLY, ACTUALLY, help fix a broken system, or the G.D. "Rainbow Gathering?"
One thing is for sure... the income disparity and economic injustice that gave birth to the Occupy movement is still the sickness in the system. Whether Occupy is the remedy or just a footnote on the path to REAL revolution is yet to be seen... but with these impotent tactics, I fear the latter.
Thanks for letting me share.... I HAD to get that off my chest. Now, I have to rest and dream of the revolution and living in a land where the government works for ALL. In other words "FOCUS, PEOPLE! FOCUS!" It's not called "Occupy WALL STREET" for nothing! If you've been reading BTV regularly we constantly have pointed out the mass fraud Wall St. has perpetrated from Alabama to Afghanistan, Greece to Ireland, from the foreclosure mill robosigning, gold price-fixing, TARP and the MF Global fiasco to the latest LIBOR interest-rigging. EVERYTHING in this world happens because of MONEY: Who's got it, who doesn't and how the 1% have systematically put us all in a barrel. As Taibbi pointed out in The Scam Wall Street Learned From the Mafia What's crazy is that in order to justify that dream of regular, monopolistic tribute, they've begun to see themselves as a type of shadow government, watching out for the rest of us. Amazingly enough, this even became a defense at trial. ..... Moreover – and this is the most important part – they believe they should get permanent protection from the ravages of the market, i.e., from one another's competition. ..... That, ultimately, is what this case was about. Capitalism is a system for determining objective value. What these Wall Street criminals have created is an opposite system of value by fiat. Prices are not objectively determined by collisions of price information from all over the market, but instead are collectively negotiated in secret, then dictated from above. "One of the biggest lies in capitalism," says Eliot Spitzer, "is that companies like competition. They don't. Nobody likes competition." It's MONOPOLY people! Corporations routinely spend $Millions on lobbying Congress and State and even Local governments to get anti-competitive deals. This is the essence of "privatization" and "Public-Private Partnerships" and the oft-cited but never-proven GOPher canard "The Private Sector can do it more efficiently". We see examples of this all the time from war (Iraq For Sale) to intelligence gathering (Top Secret America) to freakin' parking meters in Chicago (Parking meter company sends huge bill to Chicago taxpayers ) and attempts to privatize turnpikes (InThePublicInterest.org Pennsylvania Turnpike)! For more horror stories like these read David Cay Johnston's excellent book Free Lunch: How the Wealthiest Americans Enrich Themselves at Government Expense (and StickYou with the Bill). In short in order to move forward to a more equitable and fair society we must use the OCCUPY WALL ST. movement to FOCUS on the very core of all this corruption: WALL STREET. Simple! Everything else will fall into place once we regain our monetary sovereignty. Of course the Beltway Bubalas will fight tooth-and-nail to SUPPRESS all of this! Looks like it's CAGE MATCH SUNDAY with TURDBLOSSOM vs. JOE TRIPPI on FAKE SNOOZE, Chicago Mayor RHAMney against N.H. Senator KELLY AYOTTE (who?) on This Snufagopolis while Face the Bob goes with STEPHANIE CUTTER vs. KEVIN MADDEN and Meet the David matches up DICK DURBIN against JON KYL. State of the Candy offers a DOUBLE CAGE MATCH with ED GUILESPIE vs. DAVID AXELROD plus the undercard VA guv BOB MCDONNELL and MA guv DEVAL PATRICK while AG SEC TOM VILSACK tries to baffle us about the EXTREME WEATHER! Look for ROBERT RIECH on Face the Bob's roundtable. Save some bricks for the ABC roundtable with Professional Bullshitters MARY MATLIN and JAMES CARVILLE. Or never mind the KorporoPresstitutes and spend some time right here! Please take an hour to listen to John Lewis on DN! Rep. John Lewis, Civil Rights Icon, on the Struggle to Win–and Now Protect–Voting Rights in U.S. Didja know it was John's 25th birthday the day Malcolm was shot? And also for the 100th Birthday Celebration of Woodie Guthrie see the Woodie Guthrie tribute on DN! Thursday! Then tune into The Big Picture Thursday with David Cobb Do We Need the Disclose Act or a Constitutional Amendment? And Brad Friedman from the BradBlog.com sits in for Mike Malloy on Friday including info about a Wisconsin public records request for paper ballots from the Scott Walker Recall. GO TO WisconsinWave.org for more info! Excellent! And check out Head On Radio as Bob is BACK after a week without electricity! As mentioned BradBlog.com has some great stuff, Peter B has another installment of BOILING FROGS with Siebel Edmunds, Ring of Fire Radio has CHRIS HEDGES and Max is all over the LIE-BOR clusterfuck! Click anywhere and be instantly smarter! Try it! It really works! Lastly we say goodbye to AntiWar Radio with Scott Horton. We may post some interviews Scott does on his daily radio show but from what we've gleaned AntiWar.com is hurting for money. As Scott put it, "Doesn’t look like we’ve stopped any wars, but at least we told people the truth about them." So we'll try to catch Scott's future interviews with Ray McGovern, Pepe Escobar, the "other Scott Horton", Glenn Greenwald, Marcy Wheeler and so many more and any new interviews with Gareth Porter, Scott's go-to expert on All Things Middle East. As far as we know Scott is still doing his gig on Pacifia Radio (KPFK Friday nights in L.A. and KUCR in Riverside on Sundays) so check him out there and on his daily show on Liberty Radio Network. Here's last week's interview with Jason Leopold. Well we're about out of it after another long day in the garden. Hope you're getting food from your garden by now (critters ate most of our beans and such and we've replanted more - late garden). Remember to OCCUPY SOMEWHERE! Like a bank or mortgage company or insurance office or something! See you next Sunday!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
Monday, July 9, 2012
- Rafif Jouejati, the English-language spokesperson for the Syrian Local Coordination Committees @ Democracy NOW! Syrian Opposition Spokesperson: Any Transition Deal Should Entail Assad’s Prosecution for War Crimes
- Robert Notzon & Ari Berman @ Democracy NOW! Texas, Justice Dept. Square Off over Voter ID Law as Part of Dispute That Could Decide 2012 Election
- Alysabeth Alexander, political action chair for SEIU Local 1021 @ Democracy NOW! Oakland City Council Seeks to Cut Goldman Sachs Ties After Bank Profits from Lowered Interest Rates
- John Lewis @ Democracy NOW! Rep. John Lewis, Civil Rights Icon, on the Struggle to Win–and Now Protect–Voting Rights in U.S.
- Nicholas Shaxson @ Democracy NOW! Where the Money Lives: Vanity Fair Report Reveals Loopholes, Offshore Havens Behind Romney’s Fortune
- Lisa Graves, executive director of the Center for Media and Democracy @ Democracy NOW! Corporate Exodus Continues From ALEC as Secretive Right-Wing Group’s Policies Come to Light
- Jonathan Tobin @ Democracy NOW! Are Israeli Settlements Legal? Electronic Intifada’s Ali Abunimah vs. Commentary’s Jonathan Tobin
- Nora Guthrie, Woody Guthrie’s daughter, Anna Canoni, Woody Guthrie’s granddaughter * Musician Steve Earle @ Democracy NOW! On Woody Guthrie’s Centennial, Celebrating the Life, Politics & Music of the "Dust Bowl Troubadour"
- Dr. Jill Stein @ Democracy NOW! Green New Deal: Organizer, Physician Jill Stein Poised to Win Green Party’s Presidential Nomination
- Cheri Honkala & Jill Stein @ Democracy NOW! Green Party Nominee Jill Stein & Running Mate, Activist Cheri Honkala: "We Represent the 99 Percent"
- Justine McCabe & Dr. Joachim Denkinger @ Democracy NOW! Green Party Members Worldwide Join U.S. Counterparts to Forge Global Solidarity in Trying Times
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
- Please SIGN THE PETITION in support of the "99%'s Deficit Proposal" and plan direct actions to tell the Super Committee that the 99% have better solutions to our nation's crises. You can plan your own action at your Congressmember's office or join us in Freedom Plaza in Washington, DC for marches to Capitol Hill. Check our calendar for announcements.
B R I C K T E E V E E image ©2006 arkysue THEY report. YOU throw bricks. © Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE! The essential guide for watching government propaganda IRAQ: 4,486 US Military Dead as of April 21, 2012 AFGHANISTAN: 2,041 US Military Dead as of July 13, 2012 The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) anchor George Stephanopoulos
• Chicago mayor and former Obama White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel
• Romney supporter and potential vice presidential nominee Sen. Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will; Democratic strategist James Carville, co-author of the new book "It's the Middle Class, Stupid!"; Republican strategist Mary Matalin; Democratic strategist and ABC News contributor Donna Brazile; and political strategist and ABC News political analyst Matthew Dowd.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wisc.
• Obama deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter
• Romney senior adviser Kevin Madden
• ROUNDTABLE: a panel on the economy with TIME's Rana Foroohar, Moody's Mark Zandi, UC Berkeley's Robert Reich and the American Spectator's John Fund.
• ROUNDTABLE II: a panel on politics with The Washington Post's Michael Gerson, New York Magazine's Frank Rich and CBS News' John Dickerson and Norah O'Donnell.
- 60 Minutes (CBS) Summer reruns....
• Steve Jobs - In his first interview about the visionary Apple CEO, biographer Walter Isaacson reveals the private Steve Jobs few knew. Jobs also tells his story in his own words, as Isaacson recorded some of the over 40 interviews he conducted with him. Steve Kroft reports. Graham Messick is the producer.
• Apps for Autism - Autistic people whose condition prevents them from speaking are making breakthroughs with the help of tablet computers and special applications that allow them to communicate, some for the first time. Lesley Stahl reports. Karen Sughrue is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Mitt Romney's senior adviser Ed Gillespie
• Assistant Democratic Leader Sen. Dick Durbin (IL)
• Assistant Republican Leader Sen. Jon Kyl (AZ)
• Bob Costas on Penn State scandal
• ROUNDTABLE: president of Americans for Tax Reform Grover Norquist; NAACP President Ben Jealous; GOP strategist Mike Murphy; Democratic strategist Hilary Rosen; and the Washington Post's Bob Woodward.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Romney Senior Campaign Adviser Ed Gillespie
• Obama Senior Campaign Adviser David Axelrod
• Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell
• Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick
• Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• THORN IN THE SIDE THURSDAY!!!!! Bob is BACK!! White Rose is missing the Wednesday show so listen to the July 12th show HERE (mp3) NOW! Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - July 10, 2012 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Baby, it's HOT outside: the hottest 12 months on record; "Corn growers in Hell," melting runways, and more impacts of extreme weather; Better late than never: More Americans believe in science again (But not ABC's George Will!); PLUS: ExxonMobil CEO admits climate change --- but, conveniently, he's not concerned about it ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Conservation groups sue over Arctic spill plans; BP Gulf Oil Spill has lasting impact; Building costs rise at US nuclear sites; Canada's scientists revolting; UK: Freak storms, flash floods, record rain; GA lawmakers overturn fracking veto by 1 accidental vote; Ocean acidity major threat to coral reefs; Copper pollution hurts salmon ... PLUS: What happens when we can't stop 10 degree warming? ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE: 750,000 PA Voters Without State-Issued Photo ID Could be Disenfranchised Under New GOP Law Unless civil rights groups suing, incredibly enough, for the right of legal voters to cast their legal vote in Pennsylvania this year are successful in blocking the new GOP law, hundreds of thousands of voters --- of all parties, but disproportionately Democratic-leaning --- could be disenfranchised in the Keystone State alone this November, under the Republicans' new polling place Photo ID restriction. ..... And, yes, when Republicans lose their right to vote, it pisses us off just as much as when Democrats lose their right to vote, even when it happens under voter suppression laws passed by Republicans.
• BRADCAST UPDATE! KPFK's 'BradCast': FL Voter Purge Deception; Drugging Detainees; Melting World & More... We had a jam-packed hour on today's BradCast on KPFK/Pacifica Radio. We covered this afternoon's latest breaking news from MS to TX to WI. Then we spoke with Dr. Daniel A. Smith, political scientist and election expert from the University of Florida, and with our own legal analyst Ernest Canning about the latest revelations in Gov. Rick Scott's Florida Voter Purge Deception. Next up was journalist Jason Leopold discussing his new Truthout.org exclusive today, written with Jeffrey Kaye, on the forced drugging of detainees held by the U.S. And, of course, as always, our own Desi Doyen checked in with the latest Green News Report. And, if you listen closely, you'll get a heads up on who is likely to be our guest on next Wednesday's show. Yup. Him. Really.
• BRADCAST UPDATE II! Guest Hosting 'Malloy Show' Tonight! The Return of 'Friday the 13th: A Nightmare on Malloy Street'! Scheduled tonight (so far):
- SHARON HARRINGTON, Republican Supervisor of Elections of Lee County, FL on her "rogue" purge of purportedly "non-citizens" voters on the heels of Gov. Rick Scott failed and often dishonest attempt to purge some 182,000 "potential non-citizens" from the voting rolls.
- MARGY LAMBERT (Democrat) working with WisconsonWave.org and JOHN WASHBURN (Republican) on the effort to handcount the paper ballots from WI's June 5th Gubernatorial Recall election between Gov. Scott Walker and his challenger Tom Barrett (D) via open records requests, in light of concerns about the computer-reported results.
- JASON LEOPOLD, investigative journalist from Truthout.org on his exclusive this week, written with Jeffrey Kaye, on the forced drugging of detainees held by the U.S.
- SHARON HARRINGTON, Republican Supervisor of Elections of Lee County, FL on her "rogue" purge of purportedly "non-citizens" voters on the heels of Gov. Rick Scott failed and often dishonest attempt to purge some 182,000 "potential non-citizens" from the voting rolls.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to email@example.com, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC Standard Podcast July 11, 2012 Boiling Frogs: Eric Draitser on Balochistan, Iran, Pipelines and More
• PBC Standard Podcast July 13, 2012 Summer Folk Fest: Stephen Iverson Performs Songs with a Message; Will Durst on the “Care-Less” Party; Gary Chew Reviews ‘Savages’
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This week on The Best of Ring of Fire July 5, 2012
• Best-selling author Chris Hedges will tell us how corporations are trying to turn America into a third world country.
• Lee Saunders, president of the American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees, will join us to discuss Romney’s attack on the Affordable Care Act, and the American middle class.
• Lori Wallach from Public Citizen will be here to discuss the disastrous trade proposal known as the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
• Alternet editor Sara Robinson will tell us how backwards-thinking Southern Aristocrats have taken over the GOP.
• And best-selling author and president of Libertas, LLC Cliff Schecter will be joining us to discuss this week’s biggest news stories.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Romney Mixes Offshore Money With Criminals Mike Papantonio and author/syndicated columnist Cliff Schecter discuss Mitt Romney’s offshore banking scams, and ponder why the millionaire presidential candidate feels the need to hide his money from U.S. tax collectors and American law enforcement officials.
• RT VIDEO! Papantonio: Did Romney Commit A Felony With Bain Lies? Mike Papantonio appears on The Big Picture with Thom Hartmann to talk about Mitt Romney’s lies about his time as Bain Capital CEO, and how these lies could lead to some serious legal problems for the GOP Presidential candidate.
• Support Those Who Support Progressive Media! 2011 has certainly been a great year for Ring of Fire, and we’ve had some great sponsors that have helped support the show throughout the year. We wanted to take the time to personally thank each and every one of them, and we encourage all of our listeners to take the time to support those who have support us.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 8-11 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• July 9, 2012 Christopher Paulos, Big Pharma Pusher, GlaxoSmithKline
• July 10, 2012 Mike Masnick, Internet Freedom? Ron and Rand Paul’s Push
• July 11, 2012 Josh Fox, Fracking & Gasland 2
• July 12, 2012 Steven Weinberg, Big Science & Forrest Brown, Progressive Change
• July 13, 2012 Guy Lawson, Wall Street’s Wildest Con
• MORE Podcast Interviews at Majority.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• NEW! MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV PLUS here is Max Keiser’s official Facebook page And here is the official Keiser Report page
• The “Keiser Report” has been begging europe to do this for years by maxkeiser READ European Banks Preparing To Boycott Big Three Rating Agencies zerohedge(nakedcapitalism)
• CNBC’s Admission, yes: Silver market is manipulated (skip to 9:30) by maxkeiser READ CNBC Host States Silver Manipulation is a Fact, NOT a Conspiracy! sliverdoctors.com with VIDEO! Once Barclays pointed the finger at BoE as colluding on Libor manipulation (instead of denying it), the roof got ripped off decades of blatant manipulation in these markets. The dollar and U.S. bonds have been protected with Fed interference and outright manipulation; same thing in the UK. And to bolster the price for sovereign bonds, the price of Gold and Silver has been manipulated down alongside the upside price movements of worthless paper. Ratings at CNBC have been plummeting this year – as the audience is way ahead of their talking heads on these points. When CNBC admits that markets, especially silver, are rigged, the few remaining viewers they have collectively sigh; ‘I heard that on Keiser Report three years ago.’ READ CNBC: Silver and Financial Markets Are Manipulated, But So What? Jesse's Crossroads Cafe
• KEISER REPORT [KR311] Keiser Report: JP Enron We discuss why nobody is freaking about LIBOR in America, while JP Morgan caught doing an Enron on US energy markets and GlaxoSmithKline pays 10% of their ill-gotten gains for bribing doctors and scientists across America. In the second half of the show Max talks to Kevin Sara of the TuNur solar export project of Tunisia about solar exports from the Middle East and toxic derivatives exports from the City of London.
• KEISER REPORT [KR312] Keiser Report: From Tommy Guns to Credit Guns
• KEISER REPORT [KR313] Keiser Report: Ponzi Overdose We discuss the naked crime wave resulting from an overdose of synthetic stimulants like quantitative easing, bailouts and low interest rates. In the second half of the show Max talks to Ian Fraser of IanFraser.org about the Li(e)bor scandal and other banking crime waves emerging from the City of London.
• KEISER REPORT [KR314] Keiser Report: Fraud Race We discuss the mainstream media joining the ‘hang bankers’ bandwagon, as it becomes increasingly obvious that the space race has been replaced with a fraud race and getting your Series 7 broker’s license makes stealing a risk-free business proposition. In the second half of the show, Max talks to analyst and newslettter writer, Rob Kirby of Kirby Analytics, about the derivatives complex as a price control grid and about the fact that every time the JP Morgan monster needs a feeding, something must die. [Rob Kirby's latest article, Libor Rigging: The Tip of the Iceberg]
• ON THE EDGE On the Edge with Ed Harrison On the Edge with Ed Harrison of CreditWritedowns.com
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM369] The Truth About Sovereignty on Bastille Day Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Pepe Escobar June 30, 2012: Globetrotting journalist Pepe Escobar discusses his article “Syria and Turkey’s Phantom War;” Turkey’s violation of Syrian airspace in a purposeful, measured provocation and test of Syria’s defenses; the near-invocation of NATO Article 5 and a wider war (an attack on one NATO country is an attack on all); looking for ways to bypass the UN on Syria, since China and Russia won’t let an interventionist resolution pass the Security Council; grand plans for NATO expansion in the official “Assured Security, Dynamic Engagement” plan; counterrevolutions in the Middle East and South America, as the US looks to rebuild its portfolio of client states; and how Qatar has become the new superpower in the Middle East, surpassing even Saudi Arabia.
• SCOTT HORTON July 5, 2012: Scott says goodbye to Antiwar.com. Scott Horton is the former host of Antiwar Radio. Visit his blog Stress. Due to budget cuts Scott lost his gig at AntiWarRadio.com! Whoa! See ScottHortonShow.com for archives! Send emails to Scott at scotthorton.org to help Scott keep his podcast going!
• Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Iowa Governor Terry Branstad
• Florida Governor Rick Scott
• Karl Rove
• Joe Trippi
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml