Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
More U.S. Surveillance Fallout
PROMETHEUS RADIO PROJECT OPEN LOCAL PUBLIC AIRWAVES: October window to apply for an FM License!
Press Release: FCC Launches Application Process for Community Radio WASHINGTON DC -- Today the Federal Communications Commission launched the first application process for small community radio stations in more than a decade. Nonprofit groups, schools, and Indian Tribes can apply for these low power FM (LPFM) stations online at the FCC website, and applications are due during a two-week window October 15-29, 2013. ..... Low power stations are an accessible outlet for nonprofit organizations to engage their communities, costing as little as $15,000 to launch. Over 90% of Americans listen to radio at least once a week. With just four months until the FCC deadline, those who want to apply for a station should start preparing now. Sign up for free updates and support from Prometheus, including access to application guides, online trainings, and advice on getting started. Find out if there is an open frequency on your radio dial with the Prometheus zip code check tool. Join the online community at Radio Spark to connect with radio engineers and other applicants nationwide. TALK TO YER PEEPS NOW! THIS IS A ONE-TIME WINDOW! ORGANIZE ORGANIZE ORGANZE! Get started at PrometheusRadio.org right away!
FeedingAmerica.org complied these Child Hunger Facts According to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), 16.7 million children under 18 in the United States live in households where they are unable to consistently access enough nutritious food necessary for a healthy life. Although food insecurity is harmful to any individual, it can be particularly devastating among children due to their increased vulnerability and the potential for long-term consequences.
- 16.7 million children lived in food insecure households in 2011.[i]
- 20% or more of the child population in 36 states and D.C. lived in food insecure households in 2010. The District of Columbia (30.7%) and Oregon (29.0%) had the highest rates of children in households without consistent access to food.[ii]
- In 2010, the top five states with the highest rate of food insecure children under 18 are the District of Columbia, Oregon, Arizona, New Mexico, & Florida.[iii]
- In 2010, the top five states with the lowest rate of food insecure children under 18 are North Dakota, New Hampshire, Virginia, Minnesota, & Massachusetts. [iv]
- "The US Chamber of Commerce mobilizing their forces to go after 'entitlements.' " At TheHill.com Chamber mobilizes business leaders to ‘get the truth out’ about entitlements.
Anybody surprised they take the same point of view as the Koch brothers or Simpson-Bowles? Then there's Pete Peterson....."
- Setting up internet cafes where they used an email interception programme and key-logging software to spy on delegates' use of computers;
- Penetrating the security on delegates' BlackBerrys to monitor their email messages and phone calls;
- Supplying 45 analysts with a live round-the-clock summary of who was phoning who at the summit;
- Targeting the Turkish finance minister and possibly 15 others in his party;
- Receiving reports from an NSA attempt to eavesdrop on the Russian leader, Dmitry Medvedev, as his phone calls passed through satellite links to Moscow.
- .....The TPP is nicknamed “NAFTA on steroids.” Now that I’ve read it, I can see why. I can’t tell you what’s in the agreement, because the U.S. Trade Representative calls it classified. But I can tell you two things about it.
1) There is no national security purpose in keeping this text secret.
2) This agreement hands the sovereignty of our country over to corporate interests.
3) What they can’t afford to tell the American public is that [the rest of this sentence is classified].
I will be fighting this agreement with everything I’ve got. And I know you’ll be there every step of the way. -Courage, Congressman Alan Grayson
- US files criminal charges against NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden
- Whistleblower Snowden escapes arrest in Hong Kong thanks to US errors
- US politicians issue warning to Russia as Edward Snowden arrives in Moscow
- LIVE: Edward Snowden heads to Moscow: live updates
- Who can say? We know people having to do with "liberating information," end up either dead or holed up somewhere, voluntarily or otherwise. Cenk says in this story that Hastings was worried the government was looking at his stuff (I assume online?) He drove a Mercedes, so no Toyota stuck gas pedal. The car was going really fast at 4:30ish in the morning, crossed a medium and hit a tree. Then it burst into flames. At some point the car jack-knifed. The body was burned beyond recognition. He was married. Journalist Michael Hastings Dies in Fiery Hollywood Crash (KTLA 5) One neighbor said it sounded "like a bomb went off." Another said he couldn't "have written a film with a car crash and the engine flying 100 feet away." Michael Hastings death: Coroner still hasn't ID'd badly burned victim (LA Times) A blogger wrote that the way the car burst into flames looks like a "gas tank bomb." If it had been from hitting a tree, the engine would have caught fire. The blogger points out that the paint on the side of the car in flames is still shiny and a Mercedes wouldn't have caught fire like that. The blogger wrote that it looked like a mafia style hit, as in the body was already dead and the car explosion was meant to hide how the deceased actually died. However another Mercedes in a wreck exploded and was "engulfed in flames," but that driver survived. Car Explodes Following 210 Freeway Crash In Sylmar (CBS 2) Then there's this concern by Mercedes about Honeywell green coolant and explosion. Cars may explode in crashes if EU forces firms to fit 'highly flammable' green coolant, warns Mercedes (Daily Mail) & EU to enforce green coolant law for cars (Reuters) Wonder if those Mercedes in California used this coolant?
- Reza Marashi, research director at the National Iranian American Council Iran Elects Moderate President Hassan Rouhani — Will U.S. Respond by Easing Crippling Sanctions?
- Charles Mok, legislative councilor representing the Information Technology Functional Constituency of Hong Kong & Tom Grundy, Hong Kong-based activist and blogger As World Awaits U.S. Reaction to NSA Leaks, Movement Emerges to Support Edward Snowden in Hong Kong
- Laura Poitras, award-winning documentary filmmaker and producer Long Before Helping Expose NSA Spying, Journalist Laura Poitras Faced Harassment from U.S. Agents
- Çiğdem Öztürk, independent journalist covering the protests for Express magazine Turkish Unions Hold National Strike as Protesters Face Worst Crackdown to Date
- George Annas, professor of health law, bioethics and human rights at the Boston University School of Public Health A Medical Ethics-free Zone? Guantánamo Doctors Urged to Stop Force-Feeding Hunger-Striking Prisoners
- Glenn Greenwald Glenn Greenwald: As Obama Makes "False" Surveillance Claims, Snowden Risks Life to Spark NSA Debate
- Investigative reporter Michael Hastings Michael Hastings Dies at 33; Fearless Journalist Challenged Power & Exposed Myths of Afghan War We look back on two of of Hastings’ appearances on Democracy Now!
- Nazan Ustundag, activist and a scholar based in Istanbul, Turkey Defiant Turkish Demonstrators "Finding New Ways to Protest" in Face of Relentless State Crackdown
- Lucia Nader, executive director of Conectas, a Brazil-based human rights organization Mass Protests Sweep Brazil in Uproar over Public Services Cuts & High Costs of World Cup, Olympics
- Sister Helen Prejean & Bill Pelke Sister Helen Prejean & Bill Pelke on Freeing the Death Row Prisoner Who Killed Pelke’s Grandmother
- Kristina Borjesson, director of the new film "TWA Flight 800" & Tom Stalcup, co-producer Did U.S. Gov’t Lie about TWA Flight 800 Crash? Ex-Investigators Seek Probe as New Evidence Emerges
- Jeff Rousset, national organizer of the Prometheus Radio Project & Ramon Ramirez, president of PCUN (Pineros Y Campesinos Unidos del Noroeste) In Historic Victory for Community Radio, FCC Puts 1,000 Low-Power FM Frequencies Up For Grabs
- Charlie Savage, A Washington correspondent for The New York Times The FBI’s License to Kill: Agents Have Been Deemed "Justified" in Every Shooting Since 1993
- Heidi Boghosian, Executive Director of the National Lawyers Guild FBI’s Use of Drones for U.S. Surveillance Raises Fears over Privacy, Widening Corporate-Gov’t Ties
- Matthew O'Neill & Jon Alpert, Co-directorsof "Wartorn: 1861-2010," and "Alive Day Memories: Home From Iraq," The Other James Gandolfini: "Sopranos" Actor Remembered For Support of Injured Vets, Community Media
GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders »»» FEATURED SHOW Noam Chomsky on Secret Trade Deals, Killing Polio Workers, Fighting for the Commons in Turkey & the Heroism of Bradley Manning What do Takism Square, Google Glass, the Trans-Pacific Partnership and NSA data gathering have in common? Find out in this interview with Noam Chomsky. more.....
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© »»» SUNDAY BASEBALL on TBS Rays @ Yankees 2 pm et »»» SUNDAY NIGHT BASEBALL on ESPN Rangers @ Cardinals 8 pm et »»» MONDAY NIGHT BASEBALL on ESPN Giants @ Dodgers 10 pm et »»» WEDNESDAY NIGHT BASEBALL on ESPN Rangers @ Yankees 7 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
STOP the ACHE NEW WEBSITE! AcheAct.org and Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communities. The A.C.H.E. Act Is Re-Introduced In The 113th Congress!
- Washington, DC – Today a group of U.S. House of Representatives lawmakers introduced the Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act (ACHE Act, H.R. 526) to protect Appalachian families and communities from the nation’s most extreme form of coal mining, mountaintop removal. The Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act’s leading sponsors are Rep. John Yarmuth (D-KY) and Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY), joined by original cosponsors Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), Rep. Rush Holt (D-NJ), Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-AZ), Rep. John Sarbanes (D-MD), Rep. Jim Moran (D-VA), Rep. Donna Edwards (D-MD), Rep. Judy Chu (D-CA), Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY), Rep. Jared Huffman (D-CA), Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), Rep. Michael Honda (D-CA), Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR), Rep. Matt Cartwright (D-PA), Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT), Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard (D-CA), Rep. Chellie Pingree (D-ME), Rep. Janice Schakowksy (D-IL), Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA), Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC), and Rep. Jared Polis (DCO).
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Meet the New CISPA. Same as the Old CISPA. Last year, thanks to a public outcry, the effort to pass overreaching cybersecurity legislation stalled in the Senate. Now supporters have reintroduced the House version of that legislation — the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA). The “new” version is in fact identical to the original CISPA — and poses the same threat to our digital civil liberties. If CISPA becomes law, it will be a major blow to our online privacy. But more than that, CISPA’s passage would have a chilling effect on our freedom to connect online. We won’t feel as free to state unpopular opinions, or to speak truth to power, if we know that Big Brother could get a feed of everything we say and do. This is not what the free and open Internet is about. We must tell Congress: Vote NO on CISPA and bury this bill for good.
NEW!!! Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice.3 These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network UPDATE! From the Bradley Manning Support Network Update 6/22/13: Report on the trial by Bradley Manning Support staff, livestreamed tomorrow, Sun. What has happened during Bradley Manning's trial so far? What does it mean that he's being charged with "Aiding the Enemy"? Was he following directions from WikiLeaks? Can he use a whistleblower defense? Learn the answer to these questions and more at our event, taking place tomorrow at 5pm Eastern Time....... AND Greg Palast for Vice Magazine Bradley Manning & The Deepwater Horizon Bradley Manning tried to save the eleven men who died, burnt alive, on the Deepwater Horizon. But Barack Obama and the New York Times made sure that wouldn't happen.
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources.
B R I C K T E E V E E The essential guide for watching government propaganda! THEY report. YOU throw bricks.© Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE! IRAQ: 4,486 US Military Dead as of April 21, 2012 AFGHANISTAN: 2,243 US Military Dead as of June 21, 2013 The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises MOCKINGBIRD: The Subversion Of The Free Press By The CIA Who Owns The Media? The 6 Monolithic Corporations That Control Almost Everything We Watch, Hear And Read
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
• Exclusive: NSA Director Gen. Keith Alexander
• FOREIGN POLICY ROUNDTABLE: ABC News Chief Global Affairs Correspondent Martha Raddatz, Council on Foreign Relations president Richard Haass, and co-founder of the Foreign Policy Initiative Dan Senor.
• ROUNDTABLE: Rep. Joaquín Castro, D-Texas; Rep. Mike Kelly, R-Penn., ABC News Chief Business and Economics Correspondent Rebecca Jarvis; former Lead Auto Adviser and Counselor to the Treasury Secretary Steven Rattner, now chair of Willett Advisors; and Amity Shlaes, director of The 4% Growth Project at The George W. Bush Institute.
• Sunday Spotlight: Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hawaii, the youngest woman in Congress and an Iraq War veteran, discusses the role of women in combat.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Sen. Bob Corker (R-TN)
• Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL)
• Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA)
• Update from CBS' own Clarissa Ward on what is happening in Syria and Afghanistan
• ROUNDTABLE: John Dickerson of CBS News, Gerald Seib of the Wall Street Journal, Susan Page of USA Today and Bobby Ghosh of Time Magazine.
- 60 Minutes (CBS) Summer Reruns
• Evidence of Innocence - Michael Morton was finally freed when DNA evidence exonerated him after 25 years in prison; he speaks out in his first interview. As Lara Logan reports, Morton's case is one of a series of high profile wrongful convictions that have cast a harsh light on prosecutors. Andy Court and Anya Bourg are the producers.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• ROUNDTABLE: Assistant Democratic Leader Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL); Ranking member of the Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee and immigration “Gang of 8” member, Sen. Tom Coburn (R-OK); Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Mike Rogers (R-MI); and Rep. Loretta Sanchez (D-CA).
• ROUNDTABLE II: NBC News Political Contributor Robert Gibbs; Republican Strategist Mike Murphy; Democratic Mayor of Atlanta Kasim Reed; Fmr. Chair and CEO of Hewlett Packard, Carly Fiorina; and NBC News Political Director and Chief White House Correspondent Chuck Todd.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Senator Chuck Schumer (D-NY)
• Senator Rand Paul (R-KY)
• ROUNDTABLE: Dan Balz of The Washington Post, Dana Bash, Chief Congressional Correspondent for CNN, and CNN contributors Stephanie Cutter and Kevin Madden.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY!!!!! Pull up a chair and a cold one! Listen NOW HERE - Monday, June 10tFriday, June 21st, 2013 h, 2013 (mp3)! Keep Bob on the air HERE ya hear? Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - June 18, 2013 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Breaking: L.A. bans single use plastic bags; New study warns 2/3rds of fossil fuel reserves must remain in the ground; Autism risk linked to air pollution - again; Keystone XL pipeline won't use state-of-the-art technology; Alaska hotter than Florida; PLUS: The world's 1st solar plane an antidote to cynicism? ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Syngenta's dirty tricks campaign to discredit scientists, protect profits; China launches major cap & trade program to cut CO2 emissions; Look out below: Antarctica melting from underneath; Singapore chokes on smoke from deforestation; Many US airports facing threat of sea level rise; Temps in 2300: 'Too hot to live'; Environmental groups delay lawsuit, wait for Obama; NASA: Arctic methane melt at "amazing levels" ... PLUS: VIDEO: Meet the CNBC talking heads dismiss climate science ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Brad Talks With Ed Schultz: The Politics of Snowden A quick radio conversation with the somewhat conflicted MSNBC host, about Snowden, Obama and what Democrats should do now....
• THE BRADCAST! Ellsberg: 'We're In The Abyss' EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: 'Pentagon Papers' whistleblower Daniel Ellsberg on Edward Snowden, his disclosures, the privatized surveillance state, failure of Congressional oversight and 'stupid and misguided' journalism...
• BRADCAST UPDATE! Brad Guest Hosts 'Ed Schultz' Behind the radio mic for Ed, and joined by great, independent progressive journalists Ari Berman (on SCOTUS voting rights rulings), Marcy Wheeler (on NSA spying), David Dayen (on disaster mortgage scams); Plus rants, callers, news of the day and more!...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Bush-Era NSA Whistleblowers: 'Listen to Snowden!' High-ranking former NSA officials who blew the whistle on surveillance during Bush Admin say Snowden 'succeeding where we failed', and programs much bigger than we know...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to email@example.com, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC News & Comment June 18, 2013 PBC News & Comment: NSA Chief Alexander Spins to Congressional Lovefest Spy chief offers unverifiable anecdotes of busted terrorist plots to distract from illegal, unconstitutional domestic surveillance–pants on fire?….
• PBC News & Comment June 19, 2013 PBC News & Comment: Bombshell NSA Revelations from Russell Tice NSA whistleblower Russell Tice names big names: in 2004, he saw direct evidence of NSA targeting Obama, Feinstein, Durbin, Alito….
• PBC Standard Podcast June 19, 2013 Boiling Frogs Blockbuster: NSA Whistleblower Russell Tice Reveals that Obama, Many Top Officials Were Targets of NSA Surveillance
• PBC Standard Podcast June 21, 2013 Journalist Beau Hodai Returns with More on DHS Fusion Centers Aligning With Corporate Cops to Criminalize Protesters
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Weekend on Ring of Fire Radio! Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 7 pm Eastern.
• David Bender will be sitting in with me to cover the news stories that the traditional media overlooked this last week.
• Nation magazine contributing writer George Zornick will give us the details on the immigration battle taking place in the House of Representatives.
• Author and journalist David Sirota will be here to tell us why Edward Snowden is not the criminal that the media wants us to believe he is.
• Richard Eskow from the Campaign for America’s Future will discuss the corporations who are profiting off of the NSA’s spy programs.
• And we’ll be bringing you a variety of interviews from this year’s Netroots Nation event in San Jose!
• NEW! This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! Sundays at NOON!
»» Farron Cousins, executive editor of The Trial Lawyer Magazine and contributing writer for DeSmogBlog.com, will be filling in for Mike Papantonio this week.
»» Attorney Mike Burg in Denver, Colorado talks about the unrestricted flow of corporate money that is buying up judges across America.
»» Investigative journalist Brad Friedman in Los Angeles, California talks about the NSA wiretapping scandal, the corporations involved, and the similar conduct that came from the US Chamber of Commerce.
»» Best-selling author and syndicated columnist Cliff Schecter in Cincinnati, Ohio talks about the loopholes in the Affordable Care Act that allow big pharma to continue gouging patients.
»» Brendan DeMelle, Executive Director and Managing Editor of DeSmogBlog, in Seattle, Washington talks about public schools expanding their curriculum to include man-made climate change.
»» Author and Nation Magazine contributor Ari Berman talks about the extremism from the GOP that is hurting North Carolina, and why they are quickly becoming the “next Wisconsin.”
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.”
• VIDEO! Papantonio: The Era of Mass Surveillance and State Control (VIDEO) Mike Papantonio talks about the mass surveillance systems that track our daily lives with Elliot Cohen, author of the book Mass Surveillance and State Control.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: US Chamber Comes To Aid Of Fracking Industry (VIDEO) Hydraulic fracturing, which is commonly called fracking, is becoming one of the fastest growing sectors of the dirty energy industry. And one of the largest problems with fracking is that the companies doing the drilling are operating with almost no oversight and no regulations. But as members of Congress attempt to correct that, energy companies are rushing to make sure that they continue to escape the grasp of regulators by funneling money into campaign coffers, and by enlisting the help of a very powerful ally — The US Chamber of Commerce. Mike Papantonio discussed all of this with Tyson Slocum, the director of Public Citizen’s energy program.
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind June 22, 2013 featuring the top stories from Ring of Fire from the past week.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 6/17/13 Bill Scher: The Liberal Case For NSA Surveillance?
• WEDNESDAY 6/19/13 David Dayen: The Student Loan Scam & Tim Shorrock: On Private Spying
• THURSDAY6/20/13 Netroots Nation 2013: Markos Moulitsas, Digby, David Dayen, Elijah Zarlin & Tina Dupuy
• FRIDAY 6/21/13 Netroots Day 2: Cliff Schecter, Ari Berman, Ryan Grim, Amanda Terkel, Lizz Winstead & Much More
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• The Federal Reserve 100th Anniversary Road Show Spectacular! by alexschaefer - Paint Provocateur Alex Schaefer wants to say “Happy Birthday, Federal Reserve!’ You made it to 100 years of conducting the nation’s monetary policy! Since mainstream media didn’t send a card, a painter, a protestor, a filmmaker, a freedom fighter and a mad crew are going on a road trip across the USA to visit all twelve of your branches to help you celebrate! Come rain or monkey shines, they are on a mission to throw the birthday party nightmares are made of. A party to highlight the historic END of the original 100 year charter the Federal Reserve Bank has with the U.S. Government December 23rd, 2013! CLICK HERE FOR THE CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN & HELP GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD! Lots of great donation perks, all original works of art by Alex Schaefer and Cain Motter! This is a great way to collect some art AND help fund this amazing journey and film. It’s a win-win situation! Let’s some history and shake things up around here!
• VIDEO! For the people in Brazil and GIABO… by maxkeiser
• Silver Makes Antibiotics Thousands of Times More Effective by Stacy Herbert - Stacy Summary: Only physical will work, however. Paper and SLV won’t do. Like werewolves and vampires, bacteria have a weakness: silver. The precious metal has been used to fight infection for thousands of years — Hippocrates first described its antimicrobial properties in 400 bc — but how it works has been a mystery. Now, a team led by James Collins, a biomedical engineer at Boston University in Massachusetts, has described how silver can disrupt bacteria, and shown that the ancient treatment could help to deal with the thoroughly modern scourge of antibiotic resistance. READ Silver Makes Antibiotics Thousands of Times More Effective (scientificamerican.com)
• Is Naomi Wolf (or Edward Snowden) Working for the NSA? by maxkeiser - READ My creeping concern that the writer Naomi Wolf is not whom she purports to be. (disinfo.com)
• KEISER REPORT [KR459] Keiser Report: Life in Open Air PRISM We report from Belfast on location at the G8 and anti-G8 meetings. They juxtapose the protests in China where thousands wait in line to buy gold to protect against G8-style inflationary policies to the less effective protests in Belfast where placards are waved in ‘free speech zones;’ while, in Westminster, secret proposals are drafted by Rothschilds to retroactively raise interest rates on $40 billion in outstanding student loan debts. The plan is suggested in order to make the debt more attractive to private investors. In the second half, Max talks to independent journalist, Luke Rudkowski, about fake shopfronts in Belfast meant to disguise the true state of the economy and about the few protesters demanding communism and socialism when that’s part of the reason our financial and economic systems have collapsed.
• KEISER REPORT [KR460] Keiser Report: Size, Scale & Speed of Debt We discuss the recent visitation to the Keiser Report from a UFO with aliens on board wishing not to speak to Doughball Dave Cameron, but to discuss their concerns about the Giant Debt Ball of China which can be seen from outer space. They take an in depth look at the size, scale and speed of debt in China and at the JP Morgan Debit Card Work Farm for employees at McDonald’s in Pennsylvannia. In the second half, Max talks to Dr. Steve Keen, author of Debunking Economics, about George Osborne’s ponzi-like Help to Buy scheme being similar to failed government housing schemes in Australia in which Help to Sell is the true objective of the subsidies.
• KEISER REPORT [KR461] Keiser Report: Global Financial Holocaust We discuss pepper spraying protesters while contemplating possibly, maybe one day out in the far distant future charging banksters for ‘reckless misconduct’ – aka destroying the global financial, monetary and economic systems. In the second half, Max talks to the author of a new book, Transforming Economy: From Corrupted Capitalism to Connected Communities, Zeus Yiamouyiannis of citizenzeus.com about an Academy Award for best horror fraud going to Fraudclosure; the use of kitty litter collateral to back the global financial system and ending your contribution to the phoney economy.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1281] The Truth About Markets – 15 June 2013 The Truth About the Protests in Belfast: Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday, excluding Thursday, from 12-2 PM Eastern HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show 6/20/13 Daniel Ellsberg: Daniel Ellsberg, author of Secrets: A Memoir of Vietnam and the Pentagon Papers, discusses Bradley Manning’s selective leaks that informed the public of criminal government behavior without endangering lives; Edward Snowden’s bravery in the face of Obama’s unprecedented crackdown on whistleblowers; why it’s safe to assume the NSA records every single electronic communication; evidence that Robert McNamara kept LBJ in the dark about the true nature of the Gulf of Tonkin incident; why Obama persisted with an Afghan “surge” despite knowing it couldn’t work; and the psychology of government secrecy.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 6/20/13 Jason Leopold: Jason Leopold, author of News Junkie, discusses his Guantanamo tour; the death of “Runaway General” journalist Michael Hastings; smart journalistic practices in a time of total government surveillance; the long overdue autopsy report of Guantanamo “suicide” victim Adnan Latif; and the stupid euphemisms used by Guantanamo officials that have George Orwell spinning in his grave.
• SCOTT HORTON July 5, 2012: Scott says goodbye to Antiwar.com. Scott Horton is the former host of Antiwar Radio. Visit his blog Stress. Due to budget cuts Scott lost his gig at AntiWarRadio.com! Whoa! See ScottHortonShow.com for archives! Send emails to Scott at scotthorton.org to help Scott keep his podcast going!
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
• Senator Mike Lee (R-UT)
• Candidate for Massachusetts open U.S. Senate seat Gabriel Gomez (R-MA)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml