Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~tegan and sara hell
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Bradley Manning Special We begin with GLENN GREENWALD on This Snafugopolis from LAST Sunday (h/t geaux!) Glenn was NOT on the guest list when WE checked THEIR website for their guest list LAST week. Otherwise we woulda told ya to WAKE UP & WATCH! If ya didn't see it yet WATCH IT NOW! Huh. Pay attention to Saxby Chambliss and his "see no evil, hear no evil' company line! Good on Glenn!
And wasn't it Saxby Chambliss who slimed Max Cleland? Grrrrr. Waddadumbass. Waddatool. Last week we reported Glenn Greenwald To Testify Before Congress About NSA Surveillance Programs "Rep. Alan Grayson (D-Fla.), who is leading the Wednesday congressional hearing ... has invited critics of the NSA programs to testify ...... "
Much more on Wednesday's hearings in a bit. WHOOPS! At the Big Orange Place blogger SouthernLiberalinMD posts Let's Make Sure the MSM Covers Alan Grayson's NSA Hearing and adds this UPDATE: 8:01 PM PT: Guys: The Grayson hearing has been cancelled and will be rescheduled (at least that is what we are currently hearing) because Obama called for a meeting of House Democrats on Wednesday morning at the White House at the same time as the hearing, We are trying to find out when the rescheduled event will be. When we know more, we'll post a diary letting you know. Sorry for the inconvenience, but the time, tide and the White House wait for no man. HUH? We go to Jane hamsher at FDL for an explanation Obama Schedules Meeting With Democrats, Grayson Forced to Cancel NSA Hearing President Obama has historically considered the Hill some lower bardo of hell. One of the major complaints of congressional Democrats has always been that the President does not consult them or include them in shaping his legislative agenda, let alone stop by for a chin wag. So imagine everyone’s surprise when the President suddenly announced he was coming to the Hill today to meet with all the Democrats – right before the August recess begins. Coincidentally, this forced Alan Grayson to cancel the hearing on NSA activity scheduled for today, at which the Guardian’s Glenn Greenwald was to testify. Grayson’s bipartisan hearing was organized to give critics of the NSA’s sweeping surveillance programs a chance to air their concerns, and stem the tide of “constant misleading information” coming from the intelligence community, per Grayson. Those who saw Glenn Greenwald on ABC’s This Week last Sunday heard him hint at reporting he would publish this week which would directly contradict claims made by General Keith Alexander, James Clapper and President Obama himself about the limited nature of the NSA’s programs (video above). DSWright has more on XKeyscore, the NSA program Greenwald reports on today. Suffice to say the Guardian publishes copies of training manuals that teach analysts how to search nearly “everything a user does on the internet.” Of all the revelations made by Edward Snowden so far, these are by far the most explosive — and they directly contradict statements by the President that the NSA’s surveillance activities are limited to metadata. Sadly, Grayson’s hearing has to be pushed into September because of the President’s sudden desire to drop by for a cuppa. Coincidence? Only those in the White House would know for sure. Regardless, we’ll keep you posted on when the hearing is rescheduled. From the link to Politico we find the STATED REASON for Obomber's Flash Mob Dem Meeting: "President Barack Obama is planning to bypass congressional Republicans with a surge of executive actions and orders on issues like voting rights, health care, job creation, the economy, climate change and immigration. And this time, he really, really, really means it. Really. Obama’s started to sell his pitch to congressional Democrats, meeting with caucus groups at the White House and going to the Hill on Wednesday morning to speak with House and Senate Democrats." It has been said that a fish rots from the head down. Smell something fishy? More on Greenwald, Snowden and the NSA in a bit.
At The Nation David Zirin questions On Vultures and Red Wings: Billionaire Gets New Sports Arena in Bankrupt Detroit The headline juxtaposition boggles the mind. You have, on one day, “Detroit Files Largest Municipal Bankruptcy in History.” Then on the next, you have “Detroit Plans to Pay For New Red Wings Hockey Arena Despite Bankruptcy.” Yes, the very week Michigan Governor Rick Snyder granted a state-appointed emergency manager’s request to declare the Motor City bankrupt, the Tea Party governor gave a big thumbs-up to a plan for a new $650 million Detroit Red Wings hockey arena. Almost half of that $650 million will be paid with public funds. This is actually happening. City services are being cut to the bone. Fighting fires, emergency medical care and trash collection are now precarious operations. Retired municipal workers will have their $19,000 in annual pensions dramatically slashed. Even the artwork in the city art museum will be sold off piece by piece. This will include a mural by the great radical artist Diego Rivera that’s a celebration of what the auto industry would look like in a socialist future. As Stephen Colbert said, the leading bidder will be “the museum of irony.” They don’t have money to keep the art on the walls. They do have $283 million to subsidize a new arena for Red Wings owner and founder of America’s worst pizza-pizza chain, Little Caesar’s, Mike Ilitch, whose family is worth $2.7 billion dollars. (“Friends! Romans! Countrymen! Lend me your pensions!”) How did Governor Snyder possibly summon the shamelessness to justify this? Here's how. ........... As Neal DeMause, who runs the indispensable website Field of Schemes, said to me: “There’s absolutely no reason on earth that the state of Michigan couldn’t say to Mike Ilitch, ‘Sorry, Detroit has more important things to do with its money.’ Instead, though, the governor seems content to let Ilitch cut to the front of the line for public funds, on the grounds that ‘who doesn’t get fired up’ about hockey. Even if you limited it to economic development projects, putting money into fixing city schools or restoring streetlights would do far more for Detroit’s business prospects than a hockey arena. This just goes to show the problem with carving out shares of tax revenue to go to development authorities—they end up basically serving as slush funds for developers, even when the city treasury is otherwise empty.” There is a right-wing narrative about Detroit that the city is in peril because of some combination of the 1967 “race riots” and greedy unions. The reality is that black and brown residents of Detroit made Motown and those “greedy unions” built a stable working class that could realistically dream of a better life for their own children. The breaking of Detroit should be seen, in the words of David Sirota, as an indictment of right wing economic orthodoxy. Instead, the bankruptcy has been used as a warning to other cities that unions, pensions and a culture of resistance are roads to ruin. With this Red Wings arena, Snyder, Ilitch, and their ilk may have gone too far. WOW! The Rightards simply have no shame! Neither does Obomber it seems.
GOPher CANARD ALERT! We go to this Black Agenda Radio commentary by BAR executive editor Glen Ford Obama and GOP Speak Same Language: Corp Tax Cuts = Jobs President Obama, like his Republican colleagues, says the word “jobs” when he really means “corporate tax cuts.” He lectured in the same Corp-Speak in Chattanooga, where he told low-wage workers how wonderful their bosses are, and what economic miracles could be accomplished by lavishing corporations with “incentives” to do the right thing. President Obama went to a low wage warehouse in Chattanooga in the right-to-work state of Tennessee to renew his offer to massively lower corporate tax rates – from 35 to 28 percent – and had the nerve to call it a Grand Bargain for the middle class. Surrounding the president were employees who do backbreaking work for $11 or $12 an hour – and can by no stretch of imagination be considered middle class. Obama praised their cutthroat Amazon corporation bosses as the sort of benign masters that he’s depending on to bring the country back to economic health – once they’ve been properly incentivized with lower tax rates, on the one hand, and outright public subsidies, on the other. Amazon is only invested in Tennessee because the state has given the corporation huge tax breaks that will allow it to undercut other book sellers, forcing them out of business and their workers into unemployment. Amazon’s 7,000 new, low wage jobs come at the cost of lay-offs and bankruptcies among its competitors. It’s the Wal-Mart business model, which is quite popular at the White House. The Obamas have a special place in their hearts for corporations of all kinds, as long as they’re big. ....... Obama used the Chattanooga visit to re-pitch much of his last State of the Union Address, in which he pledged to work for a public private partnership to upgrade the privately-owned U.S. infrastructure, such as energy grids and ports. That’s a euphemism for spending billions in public monies to subsidize private, profit making corporations. Obama calls that a jobs program. He also thinks workers should be appreciative of the Free Trade deals whose proliferation has coincided with the destruction of the U.S. manufacturing base and the loss of millions of jobs that really were “good.” Obama promised to call a meeting of the CEOs of the same corporations that sent the jobs overseas, to ask them to do more for the country – as if they haven’t done enough, already. He’s got another program, called Select USA, that offers tax breaks and other incentives to foreign corporations that locate facilities in the U.S. Since so many U.S. headquartered high-tech corporations, like Apple, are actually Chinese companies for purposes of employment, Obama might as well combine his various tax break programs and hand out the goodies to CEOs regardless of nationality. In fact, that’s close to the actual practice. There is no jobs creation plan, only a series of corporate tax giveaway programs. For workers, there’s the minimum wage, now set at $7.25 an hour. Obama promised, once again, in Chattanooga, to try to raise that to $9.00. But, back in 2008, candidate Obama vowed to fight for $9.50. I guess, somewhere along the way, he lost his incentive. OUCH!
A Trans-Canada Pipeline in Alberta is still not cleaned up months later. Watch The Big Picture from Tuesday It Can't Happen Here? But it IS Happening There! Tar sands oil has been leaking into the Alberta, Canada countryside for months now - but the operators of the broken pipeline still have no idea where the oil is coming from! And watch Surprise! NSA has a Tool to Collect EVERYTHING with Shahid Buttar with the Bill of Rights Defense Committee (bordc.org) & Mark Rumold with the Electronic Frontier Foundation (eff.org).
A few weeks ago The Rude Pundit took a week off for vacation lending his blog to "a bunch of righteously pissed-off women, and they will kick your ass". Here are a few of those KICK-ASS posts:
- Storm Warning: Prepare for Hurricane Ken posted by Caitlin Bancroft
- Choosing Abortion Over Child Abuse posted by @VictrissElle
- #AlabamaLege: Y'all Are Not My Deciders posted by Erica
- Banning Abortion Is Bad For Women. It’s Bad For Virginia Business, Too. posted by The Cat's Meow
- I hope that you are right because that means you will burn in hell. posted by amy in austin
- Philip Racuel on July 30, 2013 at 6:36 pm said:
Change.gov, the website created by the Obama transition team in 2008, has effectively disappeared sometime over the last month.
While the front splash page for Change.gov has linked to the main White House website for years, until recently, you could still continue on to see the materials and agenda laid out by the administration. This was a particularly helpful resource for those looking to compare Obama’s performance in office against his vision for reform, laid out in detail on Change.gov. According to the Internet Archive, the last time that content (beyond the splash page) was available was June 8th — last month. Why the change? Here’s one possibility, from the administration’s ethics agenda:
Protect Whistleblowers: Often the best source of information about waste, fraud, and abuse in government is an existing government employee committed to public integrity and willing to speak out. Such acts of courage and patriotism, which can sometimes save lives and often save taxpayer dollars, should be encouraged rather than stifled. We need to empower federal employees as watchdogs of wrongdoing and partners in performance. Barack Obama will strengthen whistleblower laws to protect federal workers who expose waste, fraud, and abuse of authority in government. Obama will ensure that federal agencies expedite the process for reviewing whistleblower claims and whistleblowers have full access to courts and due process.
It may be that Obama’s description of the importance of whistleblowers went from being an artifact of his campaign to a political liability. It wouldn’t be the first time administration positions disappear from the internet when they become inconvenient descriptions of their assurances. Obama’s vision for lobbying transparency has similarly been discarded along the way, but the timing here suggests that the heat on Obama’s whistleblower prosecutions has led the administration to unceremoniously remove their previous positions.
- Michael Ratner, president emeritus of the Center for Constitutional Rights and a lawyer to Julian Assange Bradley Manning Awaits Verdict After Trial Ends with Prosecution "Smears" & Harsh Gov’t Secrecy
- MORE Michael Ratner Holder Tells Russia Snowden Won’t Face Torture or Death, But Does U.S. Record Undermine Its Pledge?
- Anthony Arnove, the editor, with Howard Zinn, of "Voices of a People’s History of the United States" Censoring Howard Zinn: Former Indiana Gov. Tried to Remove "A People’s History" from State Schools
- Yousef Munayyer, executive director of The Jerusalem Fund & Norman Finkelstein New Mideast Talks Hang on Old Question: Will U.S. Drop Support for Israeli Annexation of West Bank?
- Sharif Abdel Kouddous, independent journalist and Democracy Now! correspondent As EU Envoy Meets with Morsi, Bloody Crackdown on Anti-Coup Protesters Deepens Egyptian Crisis
- Julian Assange EXCLUSIVE: "Bradley Manning Has Become a Martyr"–WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange on Guilty Verdict
- Alexa O'Brien, independent journalist Facing Rest of Life Behind Bars, Will Bradley Manning’s Sentencing Weigh Lack of Harm to U.S.?
- Spencer Ackerman, national security editor at The Guardian As Edward Snowden Wins 1-Year Asylum in Russia, NSA Program Tracking Real-Time Internet Use Exposed
- MORE Spencer Ackerman NSA Confirms Dragnet Phone Records Collection, But Admits It Was Key in Stopping Just 1 Terror Plot
- Reps. John Conyers & Thomas Massie Reps. Conyers & Massie on Bipartisan Campaign Against NSA Spying; Call for James Clapper to Resign
- Josh Eidelson, The Nation & Fast-food worker Terrance Wise J"We Are Slowly Dying": Fast-Food Workers Launch Strike for Living Wage and Right to Unionize
- Aleta Alston-Toure, founder of the New Jim Crow Movement in Jacksonville, Florida "March for Dignity" Seeks Release of Marissa Alexander & Resignation of Prosecutor Angela Corey
GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders »»» FEATURED SHOW How to End A Dirty War: Rick Rowley on Truth-Telling With drones flying over the Middle East and Africa, whistleblowers being prosecuted for telling the truth and a military industrial complex worth billions of dollars, Richard Rowley and Jeremy Scahill are doing some whistle-blowing of their own with the documentary, Dirty Wars more.....
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© »»» NASCAR on ESPN It's the GoBowling.com 400 at Pocono Raceway in Long Pond, Pa.! Coverage begins at 1 pm et »»» SUNDAY BASEBALL on TBS Diamondbacks @ Red Sox 1:35 pm et »»» SUNDAY NIGHT BASEBALL on ESPN Braves @ Phillies 8 pm et »»» MONDAY NIGHT BASEBALL on ESPN Dodgers @ Cardinals 7 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
STOP the ACHE NEW WEBSITE! AcheAct.org and Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communities. The A.C.H.E. Act Is Re-Introduced In The 113th Congress!
- Washington, DC – Today a group of U.S. House of Representatives lawmakers introduced the Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act (ACHE Act, H.R. 526) to protect Appalachian families and communities from the nation’s most extreme form of coal mining, mountaintop removal. The Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act’s leading sponsors are Rep. John Yarmuth (D-KY) and Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY), joined by original cosponsors Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), Rep. Rush Holt (D-NJ), Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-AZ), Rep. John Sarbanes (D-MD), Rep. Jim Moran (D-VA), Rep. Donna Edwards (D-MD), Rep. Judy Chu (D-CA), Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY), Rep. Jared Huffman (D-CA), Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), Rep. Michael Honda (D-CA), Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR), Rep. Matt Cartwright (D-PA), Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT), Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard (D-CA), Rep. Chellie Pingree (D-ME), Rep. Janice Schakowksy (D-IL), Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA), Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC), and Rep. Jared Polis (DCO).
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Meet the New CISPA. Same as the Old CISPA. Last year, thanks to a public outcry, the effort to pass overreaching cybersecurity legislation stalled in the Senate. Now supporters have reintroduced the House version of that legislation — the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA). The “new” version is in fact identical to the original CISPA — and poses the same threat to our digital civil liberties. If CISPA becomes law, it will be a major blow to our online privacy. But more than that, CISPA’s passage would have a chilling effect on our freedom to connect online. We won’t feel as free to state unpopular opinions, or to speak truth to power, if we know that Big Brother could get a feed of everything we say and do. This is not what the free and open Internet is about. We must tell Congress: Vote NO on CISPA and bury this bill for good.
NEW!!! Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice.3 These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network UPDATE! From the Bradley Manning Support Network Govt. wants to blame Manning for harm yet to come from WikiLeaks releases: trial report, day 26 August 2, 2013. By Nathan Fuller. The government is calling several sentencing witnesses to attempt to show harm caused by WikiLeaks' releases. But as the defense argues in a new motion, prosecutors are arguing well outside their legal bounds. The State Department's Susan Swart and Ambassador Michael Kozak testified today...... AND Amnesty International says Manning verdict reveals US government's misplaced priorities PLUS Update 8/2/13: Colbert Report's great segment on Bradley, "my view from inside the courtroom", Berlin rally pics
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources.
B R I C K T E E V E E The essential guide for watching government propaganda! THEY report. YOU throw bricks.© Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE! IRAQ: 4,486 US Military Dead as of April 21, 2012 AFGHANISTAN: 2,259 US Military Dead as of Aug 3, 2013 The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises MOCKINGBIRD: The Subversion Of The Free Press By The CIA Who Owns The Media? The 6 Monolithic Corporations That Control Almost Everything We Watch, Hear And Read
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
• Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Martin Dempsey
• House Intelligence Committee Ranking Member Rep. Dutch Ruppersberger, D-Md.
• Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y.
• Guardian columnist Glenn Greenwald
• ROUNDTABLE: ABC News’ George Will, ABC News Political Analyst and Special Correspondent Matthew Dowd, ABC News Senior Washington Correspondent Jeff Zeleny, Starfish Media Group CEO Soledad O’Brien, Center for American Progress President Neera Tanden, former Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff, now chair of The Chertoff Group, and Bloomberg View columnist Jeffrey Goldberg.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y.
• Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis.
• ROUNDTABLE: TBA
- 60 Minutes (CBS) Summer Reruns
• Counterinsurgency Cops - Counterinsurgency tactics they used overseas in the military are helping law enforcement officers take back the streets of Springfield, Mass., from criminal gangs. Lesley Stahl reports. Andrew Metz is the producer.
• Africa Mercy - The world's largest civilian hospital ship takes volunteer medical staff to the Third World where they have restored sight to thousands of people suffering from cataracts and returned smiles to victims of facial tumors and cleft palates. Scott Pelley reports. Henry Schuster and Rachel Kun Morehouse are the producers.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• Assistant Democratic Leader Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL)
• Vice-Chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee Sen. Saxby Chambliss (R-GA)
• Former Republican Presidential Candidate Rudy Giuliani
• Bob Costas of NBC Sports
• ROUNDTABLE: Host of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” Joe Scarborough; former Republican Presidential Candidate Rick Santorum; managing editor of TheGrio.com, Joy Ann Reid; and NBC News Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent Andrea Mitchell.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
• Congressman Steve Israel (D-NY)
• Breaking the NFL’s “Grass Ceiling” with Sarah Thomas
• ROUNDTABLE: Anita Dunn, Artur Davis, Donna Brazile, and Alex Castellanos
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• Church Night Wednesday!!!!! Uber pope/imam/rabbi Bob rips the religious right's hippocracy! Listen NOW HERE - Wednesday July 31, 2013 (mp3)! Keep Bob on the air HERE ya hear? Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - August 1, 2013 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Meet the world's newest oil spill, now in Thailand; Greenland hits highest temp ever; Breaking wind news; Fast-charging buses debut in Switzerland (sorry, U.S.!); PLUS: Obama debunks Keystone XL jobs myth, but ignores unstoppable tar sands oil spills ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Video: This is the U.S. in 2100; Drillers flaring away $100m in natural gas every month; More carbon emissions = less global warming?; Carbon tax working out great for British Columbia; Appeals court smacks down TX challenge to EPA; CA & Sen. Boxer fight for chemical safety reform; "GOP doing the bidding of polluting industries"; Candidates running on climate action as public opinion shifts to reality ... PLUS: Sea level rise 'locking in quickly', will impact 1700 U.S. cities ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• 'Green News Report' - July 30, 2013 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: President Obama smacks down Keystone XL jobs claims; EPA's McCarthy smacks down false choice of jobs vs. environment; Rand Paul and Chris Christie smack down each other; In Australia, winter is the new summer; 'Witches brew' of pesticides still killing bees; PLUS: Solar-powered battery breakthrough - but you'll never guess where it's being used ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! VIDEO! Greenwald v. Toobin on Manning, Snowden, Whistleblowing, Elite Media The two legal journalists have it out. And it's not pretty. But it's very very enlightening...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! VIDEO! Round 2: Greenwald 'Drops Elbow' on Toobin Over Snowden CNN legal analyst continues to call for jailing of whistleblowers, investigative journalists Greenwald and Risen lay him out...again...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! VIDEO! Video Evidence That Global Warming is Totally a Hoax! If these 27 seconds of video from NASA, based on global temp data going back to the 1880's, don't prove it's not happening, nothing will!...
• THE BRADCAST! KPFK 'BradCast': Suppressed, Arrested, Convicted Voting rights suppressed, octogenarians arrested, whistleblowers convicted. There's something happening here...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC News & Comment July 30, 2013 PBC News & Comment: Manning “Not Guilty” of Most Serious Charge! While the judge found Manning guilty of most charges, “not guilty” ruling on “aiding the enemy” is big defense victory…
• PBC News & Comment July 31, 2013 PBC News & Comment: Key Senators Turn Against NSA Surveillance Senators of both parties challenge NSA on lies about phone records collection, as Greenwald reveals “X-Keyscore”, massive data dragnet…
• PBC News & Comment Aug 1, 2013 PBC News & Comment: New CIA Whistleblower Sabrina DeSousa Fights Back Sabrina DeSousa, former CIA officer, reveals key details of botched Milan caper in 2003, fights to restore pension, overturn conviction….
• PBC News & Comment Aug 2, 2013 PBC News & Comment: PBS Airs Some of NSA Disclosures from Russ Tice, First Heard Here After 10 days on ice, Tice interview airs on PBS: “total collection” and “spying on top officials” yield intriguing denials….
• PBC Standard Podcast Aug 1, 2013 Exclusive: New CIA Whistleblower Sabrina DeSousa is Paying the Price for Bush’s Bad Decision to Kidnap Abu Omar
• PBC Standard Podcast Aug 2, 2013 Reporter Kevin Gozstola Recaps the Verdict and Start of Sentencing Phase in Bradley Manning Court Martial; Will Durst Brags About Californians
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Weekend on Ring of Fire Radio! Aug 2, 2013 Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 7 pm Eastern.
• David Bender will be here to help run through the buried stories of the week.
• Author Bill Black will be here to tell us why federal regulators ignored the warnings of experts that could have prevented the mortgage crisis.
• Attorney Tim O’Brien will tell us about big pharma’s free pass to kill consumers.
• Farron Cousins from The Trial Lawyer Magazine will be here to talk about the EPA’s refusal to stand up to the energy industry.
• India DeClair of The IDeclair Show will tell us about the Tea Party’s attempts to dismantle healthcare reform.
• And we’ll revisit our interview with documentary filmmaker Rachel Grady on the downfall of Detroit.
• NEW! This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! Aug 3, 2013 Sundays at NOON!
»» Investigative journalist Rick Outzen will be here to tell us how the Republicans destroyed the city of Detroit, and their plans to build a billionaire utopia on the ruins.
»» Corporate America is taking over college campuses, and progressive radio host Richard Fowler will discuss their plan to create a nation of corporate-drone graduates.
»» Attorneys Kerry Jardine and Anne Murphy will talk about the right wing’s war on the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
»» A new study says that conservatives are actually happier than liberals – best-selling author Cliff Schecter will tell you why, for the Tea Party, ignorance is bliss.
»» And attorney Daniel Nigh will discuss the new-found dangers of the popular cholesterol drug Lipitor.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at email@example.com if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.”
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Holder Gets Tough On Voting Rights (VIDEO) Ring of Fire host Mike Papantonio and David Bender discuss Eric Holder’s push to protect the Voting Rights Act.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Limbaugh and Hannity Headed To Retirement Home (VIDEO) Ring of Fire hosts Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder discuss the story of a northern Wisconsin mining company that recently used masked guards brandishing assault rifles to guard their mines from activists.
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Aug 3, 2013 featuring the top stories from Ring of Fire from the past week.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 7/29/13 Reza Aslan: Zealot Author V Fox News & Youth Activist Tuesday Cain
• TUESDAY 7/30/13 Tom Sugrue: What Killed Detroit? & Carol Linnit On New Secret Trade Deals
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• The Federal Reserve 100th Anniversary Road Show Spectacular! by alexschaefer - Paint Provocateur Alex Schaefer wants to say “Happy Birthday, Federal Reserve!’ You made it to 100 years of conducting the nation’s monetary policy! Since mainstream media didn’t send a card, a painter, a protestor, a filmmaker, a freedom fighter and a mad crew are going on a road trip across the USA to visit all twelve of your branches to help you celebrate! Come rain or monkey shines, they are on a mission to throw the birthday party nightmares are made of. A party to highlight the historic END of the original 100 year charter the Federal Reserve Bank has with the U.S. Government December 23rd, 2013! CLICK HERE FOR THE CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN & HELP GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD! Lots of great donation perks, all original works of art by Alex Schaefer and Cain Motter! This is a great way to collect some art AND help fund this amazing journey and film. It’s a win-win situation! Let’s some history and shake things up around here!
• Assange: How cryptography is a key weapon in the fight against empire states by maxkeiser - READ What began as a means of retaining individual freedom can now be used by smaller states to fend off the ambitions of larger ones
• #KeiserReport strikes again! Bank of England refuses comment on huge discrepancy in custodial gold reports by Stacy Herbert - Stacy Summary: This is via Gata (but Lars Schall has also been chasing the story) who questioned the Bank of England about our recent interview with Alasdair Macleod of GoldMoney who noted the discrepancy in their custodial gold reports. READ Bank of England refuses comment on huge discrepancy in custodial gold reports (gata.org)
• The Real American: Low paid, part time & defrauded by Stacy Herbert - Stacy Summary: As opposed to a dream, the reality is most Americans are low paid, part time workers without health care and requiring food stamps to get by. This is a fact. So let’s just stop talking about the people as a super power; there is a powerful elite, indeed; with nuclear and chemical weapons which they’ve been using against resource rich others for decades now. But the dumb, overweight, barely employed population shouting USA! USA! USA! at this global carnage get the economy and democracy they deserve. Once the dollar loses reserve status, it will be the best thing to happen in the life time of any American under the age of 60 because all this stupidity will not be possible to sustain and USA! shouting foodstamp recipients will have to get a job, which means demanding an end to the oligarchy for whom one shouts USA!READ NEW JOBS DISPROPORTIONATELY LOW-PAY OR PART-TIME (ap.org) AND Universal health care: Americans are grossly misinformed
• Chinese newspapers are questioning double standards from the US about its global cyber-surveillance operations. by maxkeiser - “The US still has to give a truthful explanation to all the countries and regions whose networks and computers were infiltrated. The US must stop acts that violate human rights in other countries and interfere in other countries’ affairs,” says the Wen Wei Po, a Beijing-backed Hong Kong newspaper. READ China media: Snowden saga
• KEISER REPORT [KR477] Keiser Report: No jail for banksters in real world Monopoly In this episode of the Keiser Report, we discuss the real world Monopoly board game without a jail and on which most players must pass ‘go’ and receive just $200 in foodstamps while a select few get to pass ‘go’ and collect $200 billion in bailouts, bail-ins and subsidies. In the second half, Max talks to precious metals expert, Andrew Maguire, about the run on the bullion banks happening right now.
• KEISER REPORT [KR478] Keiser Report: KoolAid Bubble Mentality We drink the KoolAid in order to get into the minds of the cult members climbing the suicidal property ladders in the US and UK. In the second half, Max talks to journalist and author, Dominic Frisby, about the cult of housing and how it is that Margaret Thatcher’s Right to Buy scheme inspired the Conservative party to introduce Help to Buy for purely vote buying reasons. Dominic also suggests a land tax . . .
• KEISER REPORT [KR479] Keiser Report: Financial Tapeworms We discuss the good news from China where a worm has been successfully removed from a man’s brain; thus giving us hope at removing the 6 foot long financial tapeworms which have sucked the nutrients out of the global financial system leaving behind a malnourished Zero Interest Rate Policy (ZIRP) world in which wages fail to keep up with inflation and new workers are put on ‘zero hour’ contracts. In the second half, Max talks to journalist, author and filmmaker, Greg Palast of GregPalast.com, about Goldman Sachs and John Paulson and about Obama intervening in the case of vulture capitalist Paul Singer versus Argentina only in order to help out Jamie Dimon and JP Morgan.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1286] The Truth About Markets – 27 July 2013 Stacy Summary: Forgot to post this yesterday! In this episode, the conversation is quite wide ranging. We ruminate a bit on the great aluminum vs aluminium debate. We talk about Business Secretary, Vince Cable, accusing the Bank of England of being ‘capital Taliban.’ We also discuss the latest in hacking cars. Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday, excluding Thursday, from 12-2 PM Eastern HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show 8/1/13 Philip Giraldi: Philip Giraldi, executive director of the Council for the National Interest, discusses the Feds raiding ordinary Americans doing web searches for pressure cookers and backpacks; sabotaging a US-Iran deal on Iran’s nuclear program; why government is a racket; why Bradley Manning did the right thing but deserves (some) prison time anyway; and his latest article “Spinning Yarns in the Mainstream Media.”
• Scott Horton Radio Show 8/2/13 Patrick Cockburn: Patrick Cockburn, a journalist for The Independent, discusses the increasing violence in Iraq; Kurdistan’s progress towards independence; the lesser-evilism of Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki; why the US continues to aid the floundering Syrian rebels; and what really happened during the Libyan and Egyptian regime changes.
• SCOTT HORTON July 5, 2012: Scott says goodbye to Antiwar.com. Scott Horton is the former host of Antiwar Radio. Visit his blog Stress. Due to budget cuts Scott lost his gig at AntiWarRadio.com! Whoa! See ScottHortonShow.com for archives! Send emails to Scott at scotthorton.org to help Scott keep his podcast going!
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Former director of the CIA & NSA General Michael Hayden
• Rep Justin Amash (R-MI)
• Rep Eric Cantor (R-VA)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml