Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Closing up the Dog Days of Summer at Brick TeeVee! The Dog Days of Summer are coming to a close as The 50th Anniversary of March on Washington took place in DC yesterday. We'll have more on this next week (and the Beltway Bubalas are all over it on the Sunday morning talkies) but here are few for now from The Nation.
- Seeing 'New Jim Crow' Placards Seized by Police & More From the March on Washington by Dave Zirin
- The March on Washington in Historical Context by Rick Perlstein
- This Week in 'Nation' History: The Forgotten Radicalism of the March on Washington by Katrina vanden Heuvel
- On the 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington, a New Civil Rights Movement Emerges by Ari Berman
- DN! correspondent Sharif Abdel Kouddous in Cairo Sharif Abdel Kouddous: In Modern Egypt’s Bloodiest Period, "New Horrors Are Brought Every Day"
- Ahdaf soueif, Egyptian writer & Chris Toensing, executive director of the Middle East Research and Information Project with Sharif Abdel Kouddous Ahdaf Soueif: Amidst Egypt’s Bloodshed, "We Are Trying Keep the Discourse of the Revolution Alive"
- Matthew Rothschild, editor and publisher of The Progressive magazine Editor of The Progressive Arrested Covering Solidarity Singers’ Protest of Wisconsin Gov. Walker
- Rolling Stone's Matt Taibbi Matt Taibbi: U.S. Student Loan Bubble Saddles a Generation With Debt and Threatens the Economy
- Jacob Appelbaum, a computer security researcher & Gareth Peirce, a British attorney UK Media Crackdown: Greenwald’s Partner Detained, Guardian Forced to Destroy Snowden Files
- Gary Younge & William P. Jones 50 Years Later, the Untold History of the March on Washington & MLK’s Most Famous Speech For more on the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom, 50 years later, we’re joined by two guests. In Madison, Wisconsin, William Jones is a professor at the University of Wisconsin specializing in civil rights and labor history. His new book is just out, The March on Washington: Jobs, Freedom, and the Forgotten History of Civil Rights. His recent piece for Dissent magazine is "The Forgotten [Radical] History of the March on Washington." And in Chicago, we’re joined by Gary Younge, an award-winning columnist for The Guardian and The Nation. His book, The Speech: The Story Behind Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s Dream, has also just been published.
- David Coombs, attorney for Army Private Bradley Manning. Bradley Manning: "Sometimes You Have to Pay a Heavy Price to Live in a Free Society"
- David Coombs with Alexa O'Brien, independent journalist "He Wanted To Help America": Manning Attorney in First Extended Interview After 35-Year Sentence
- David Coombs "I Am Chelsea Manning. I Am a Female": Bradley Manning Announces Gender Transition
- Razan Zaitouneh, lawyer and human rights activist, who works with the Human Rights Violation Documentation Center Syrian Activist on Ghouta Attack: "I Haven’t Seen Such Death in My Whole Life"/a>
- Chase Strangio, staff attorney with the American Civil Liberties Union’s Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender Project & Lauren McNamara, a transgender activist and an online confidant of Chelsea Manning "Empowering, So Brave": Trans Activists Praise Chelsea Manning, Raise Fears over Prison Conditions
- Azadeh Zohrabi, a member of the Prisoners Mediation Team and the Prisoner Hunger Strike Solidarity Coalition, and a Soros Justice Fellow at Legal Services for Prisoners with Children Exclusive: As Judge OKs Force-Feeding, California Prisoner on 47-Day Hunger Strike Speaks Out
- Chase Strangio, staff attorney with the American Civil Liberties Union’s Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender Project & Lauren McNamara, a transgender activist and an online confidant of Chelsea Manning "Empowering, So Brave": Trans Activists Praise Chelsea Manning, Raise Fears over Prison Conditions
GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders »»» FEATURED SHOW Gary Younge: Beyond A Dream While Dr. King's "I Have A Dream" speech is the most often-remembered aspect of the historic event, the demands of the marchers were for concrete, tangible things like federal action to end segregation, punish discrimination, increase employment and raise the minimum wage. more.....
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© »»» SUNDAY BASEBALL on TBS Braves @ Cardinals 2:15 pm et »»» SUNDAY NIGHT BASEBALL on ESPN Red Sox @ Dodgers 8 pm et »»» MONDAY NIGHT BASEBALL on ESPN Reds @ Cardinals 7 pm et »»» WEDNESDAY NIGHT BASEBALL on ESPN Orioles @ Red Sox 7 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
STOP the ACHE NEW WEBSITE! AcheAct.org and Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communities. The A.C.H.E. Act Is Re-Introduced In The 113th Congress!
- Washington, DC – Today a group of U.S. House of Representatives lawmakers introduced the Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act (ACHE Act, H.R. 526) to protect Appalachian families and communities from the nation’s most extreme form of coal mining, mountaintop removal. The Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act’s leading sponsors are Rep. John Yarmuth (D-KY) and Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY), joined by original cosponsors Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), Rep. Rush Holt (D-NJ), Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-AZ), Rep. John Sarbanes (D-MD), Rep. Jim Moran (D-VA), Rep. Donna Edwards (D-MD), Rep. Judy Chu (D-CA), Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY), Rep. Jared Huffman (D-CA), Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), Rep. Michael Honda (D-CA), Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR), Rep. Matt Cartwright (D-PA), Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT), Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard (D-CA), Rep. Chellie Pingree (D-ME), Rep. Janice Schakowksy (D-IL), Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA), Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC), and Rep. Jared Polis (DCO).
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Meet the New CISPA. Same as the Old CISPA. Last year, thanks to a public outcry, the effort to pass overreaching cybersecurity legislation stalled in the Senate. Now supporters have reintroduced the House version of that legislation — the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA). The “new” version is in fact identical to the original CISPA — and poses the same threat to our digital civil liberties. If CISPA becomes law, it will be a major blow to our online privacy. But more than that, CISPA’s passage would have a chilling effect on our freedom to connect online. We won’t feel as free to state unpopular opinions, or to speak truth to power, if we know that Big Brother could get a feed of everything we say and do. This is not what the free and open Internet is about. We must tell Congress: Vote NO on CISPA and bury this bill for good.
NEW!!! Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice.3 These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network UPDATE! From the Bradley Manning Support Network Update 8/24/13: Alexa O'brien's interview with defense lawyer David Coombs, NYT calls sentence "excessive" After the crushing sentence announcement earlier this week, Alexa O'brien interviewd Chelsea (formerly Bradley) Manning's lawyer David Coombs. Watch the video! And the New York Times has published an editorial criticizing the government and military for having given Manning far too harsh a sentence - particularly given his noble intentions. ....... AND Heroic whistle-blower addresses gender publicly: ready to move on to next phase of her life August 22, 2013. By Chelsea Manning. In a statement provided by lawyer David Coombs, the WikiLeaks whistle-blower formerly known as Bradley Manning announces: "As I transition into this next phase of my life, I want everyone to know the real me. I am Chelsea Manning. I am a female." Read the rest of her statement here.
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources.
B R I C K T E E V E E The essential guide for watching government propaganda! THEY report. YOU throw bricks.© Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE! IRAQ: 4,486 US Military Dead as of April 21, 2012 AFGHANISTAN: 2,264 US Military Dead as of Aug 23, 2013 The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises MOCKINGBIRD: The Subversion Of The Free Press By The CIA Who Owns The Media? The 6 Monolithic Corporations That Control Almost Everything We Watch, Hear And Read
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
• The Latest on the Crisis in the Middle East with ABC News Chief Global Affairs Correspondent Martha Raddatz on the ground live from Cairo
• Rep. John Lewis, D-Georgia, the last living speaker from the march
• former Atlanta mayor and civil rights leader Andrew Young.
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will and Cokie Roberts, Democratic strategist and ABC News contributor Donna Brazile, and Washington Post Chief Correspondent Dan Balz.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• The March on Washington, 50 years later: special coverage of the March on Washington
• House Homeland Security Committee Chairman Michael McCaul, R-Texas
• Senator Jack Reed, D-R.I.
• ROUNDTABLE: foreign policy panel
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• 40 Million Mistakes - A Steve Kroft investigation looks into the accuracy of the credit reports that American consumers rely on for credit cards and loans. James Jacoby and Michael Karzis are the producers
• A Face in the Crowd - The odds are you are not just a face in the crowd any longer. Even if your picture isn't on the Internet, computer facial recognition technology in public places is making it harder to remain anonymous. Lesley Stahl reports. Shachar Bar-On is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• THIS SUNDAY: The American Dream
• ROUNDTABLE: Rep. John Lewis (D-GA); plus Newark Mayor Cory Booker (D) who is trying to become the first African-American senator from New Jersey; and the country’s first Indian-American governor, Republican Bobby Jindal of Louisiana.
• ROUNDTABLE II: Rep. Raul Labrador (R-ID); business executive and author, Sheryl WuDunn; President and Founder of the National Action Network, MSNBC’s Rev. Al Sharpton; New York Times Columnist David Brooks; and presidential historian and author of “Lyndon Johnson and the American Dream,” Doris Kearns Goodwin.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines.
• March on Washington: The "Dream" 50 years later
• Congressman John Lewis
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• Front Porch Friday!!!!! Bob wraps up the week! Listen NOW HERE - Wednesday, August 14th, 2013 (mp3)! Keep Bob on the air HERE ya hear? Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - August 12, 2013 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Special 'While We Were Out' Edition: Fukushima nuclear incident raised to Level 3; UN: climate change still a very big problem; Frackers drain TX towns of water; Wildfires n' water fights in the dried-out West; PLUS: The White House goes solar --- again ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): What Al Jazeera America didn't say about climate change; Germany breaks its own solar record; MSM's ambivalent coverage of climate change’s ‘new normal’; Battle over global warming is all in your head; Why so many conservatives deny climate sciece [they hate the solution]; Why US power grid's days are numbered; All US nuclear reactors vulnerable to terrorists; Mosquitos are worse this summer ... PLUS: Might as well face it, you’re addicted to oil (an intervention) ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• 'Green News Report' - August 8, 2013 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Record breaking weather extremes are the new normal; Surprise! 'Conservative' media disinforms the public; Fossil fuel industry showers Republicans with campaign cash; Seattle's community solar; PLUS: The FATBERG that threatened London ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! 'Whistleblower Protection':
Manning Gets 35 Years As criminal bankers, Admin leakers, Congressional NSA liars, classified document thieves (like CNN's Jeffrey Toobin) -- and the Administration who lied us into war -- go free...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Lawsuits Charge NC Voting Law Racially Motivated League of Women Voters, NAACP file federal suits against most restrictive voter suppression law since Jim Crow era, passed after SCOTUS gutted Voting Rights Act in June...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! TX AG Offers Fraudulent Case on Voter Fraud in Response to DoJ Lawsuit Cites absentee fraud as reason for state's discriminatory polling place Photo ID law...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC News & Comment Aug 21, 2013 PBC News & Comment: Harsh Sentence for Bradley Manning As the serious crimes he exposed remain unpunished, Manning draws 35-year sentence–intended to deter other whistleblowers, preserve police state….
• PBC News & Comment Aug 22, 2013 PBC News & Comment: Private Manning Says, “Call Me Chelsea” Lawyer David Coombs relays the word that Private Manning identifies as female, and wishes to be known henceforth as Chelsea
• PBC News & Comment Aug 23, 2013 PBC News & Comment: NSA Blinks in the Sunshine, More info on PRISM and FISA Court Rulings NSA damage control challenged by declassified FISA court rulings and new PRISM disclosures from Snowden published by The Guardian…. Podcast:
• PBC http://www.peterbcollins.com/2013/08/16/boiling-frogs-dr-binoy-kampmark-of-australias-wikileaks-party-talks-about-snowden-manning-assange-and-more/" target="_blank">Boiling Frogs: Dr. Binoy Kampmark of Australia’s WikiLeaks Party Talks About Snowden, Manning, Assange and More
• PBC Standard Podcast Aug 21, 2013 Journalist Kevin Gozstola’s Final Report on Court Martial of Bradley Manning–Judge Announces 35-year Sentence
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Weekend on Ring of Fire Radio! Aug 23, 2013 Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 7 pm Eastern.
• Best-selling author and Harpers Magazine contributor Thomas Frank will tell us what’s changed in the 5 years since bankers burned down our economy.
• Author Ari Berman will tell us why its time to fight back in order to protect voting rights.
• Author Cliff Schecter will talk to us about Wall Street’s takeover of the Democratic Party.
• Labor journalist Josh Eidelson will tell us about the fight for fair wages for immigrants.
• And author Julie Fisher will tell us how we can support Democracy to the Middle East, without creating unrest.
• NEW! This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! Aug 24, 2013 Sundays at NOON!
»» “Big Pharma’s War on Women.” Linda Lipsen, CEO of the American Association for Justice talks about big Pharma’s penchant for harming female consumers.
»» “Labor Unions Help Save Lives.” Attorneys Mike Burg and Howard Nations talk about recent workplace atrocities around the globe, and how unions could have saved workers’ lives.
»» “Cash Hoarders Devastate Economy.” Richard Eskow, host of The Breakdown and senior fellow at the Campaign for America’s Future, talks about the top 1% hoarding trillions in cash, and how this affects the income gap in America.
»» “Your Mortgage Documents Are Fake!” Investigative journalist David Dayen talks about mortgage companies falsifying documents to illegally foreclose on homeowners.
»» “Senior Citizens At Risk.” Attorney Charles Meltmar talks about the rise in cases of nursing home abuse.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at email@example.com if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.”
• VIDEO! Pap and Seder: College Students Are Financially Screwed (VIDEO) Ring of Fire hosts Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder discuss how states have been gradually cutting back funds for college education, which has caused a massive increase in college tuition over the past decade.
• VIDEO! Pap and Seder: More NSA Revelations Emerging (VIDEO) Ring of Fire hosts Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder discuss more NSA revelations that have recently emerged.
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Aug 24, 2013 featuring the top stories from Ring of Fire from the past week.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 8/19/13 Daniel Levy: Egypt's Counter Revolution & Ryan Devereaux NYC Stop & Frisk Is Racial Profiling
• TUESDAY 8/20/13 Julia Ioffe: Russia's Attack On Gay Rights
• WEDNESDAY 8/21/13 Bradley Manning Sentenced & Revealed: NSA Has No Idea What Snowden Took
• THURSDAY 8/22/13 Eddie S. Glaude Jr: The 50th Anniversary of March on Washington
• FRIDAY 8/23/13 Casual Friday: Cliff Schecter & Matthew Film Guy Weiss
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• The Federal Reserve 100th Anniversary Road Show Spectacular! by alexschaefer - Paint Provocateur Alex Schaefer wants to say “Happy Birthday, Federal Reserve!’ You made it to 100 years of conducting the nation’s monetary policy! Since mainstream media didn’t send a card, a painter, a protestor, a filmmaker, a freedom fighter and a mad crew are going on a road trip across the USA to visit all twelve of your branches to help you celebrate! Come rain or monkey shines, they are on a mission to throw the birthday party nightmares are made of. A party to highlight the historic END of the original 100 year charter the Federal Reserve Bank has with the U.S. Government December 23rd, 2013! CLICK HERE FOR THE CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN & HELP GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD! Lots of great donation perks, all original works of art by Alex Schaefer and Cain Motter! This is a great way to collect some art AND help fund this amazing journey and film. It’s a win-win situation! Let’s some history and shake things up around here!
• Assange: How cryptography is a key weapon in the fight against empire states by maxkeiser - READ What began as a means of retaining individual freedom can now be used by smaller states to fend off the ambitions of larger ones (guardian.co.uk)
• Some Verrrry Interesting Points to Make About Spiralling Higher Education Costs by Stacy Herbert - First of all, this sentence: As we’ve reported before, colleges are increasingly directing their aid to wealthier families—who need it least—in a bid to increase revenue and raise their prestige (though it doesn’t necessarily fetch smarter students).The world over has an ingrained prejudice toward ‘the wealthy,’ and so privilege and ‘prestige’ are thrust upon them by the entire system around them, compounding their advantage. Of course, those who watch Fox News will find ways to justify these facts evident in the every day life around us, but, if it didn’t exist, then George W. Bush would never have been president. FACT. READ Are College Costs Reaching a Breaking Point? (businessweek.com)
• You’re pathologically ill. Ben Bernanke. Lloyd Blankfein. Ben Bernanke. Lloyd Blankfein. Jamie Dimon. by Stacy Herbert - Stacy Summary: Found this clip from a Keiser Report episode back in the 100s. This is one of the upsides of shooting in front of a green screen. Can’t do this now that we have a live backdrop. Maybe we ought to shoot a few in chroma studio just for a few of these . . .
• Cameron instructed Sir Jeremy Heywood to request The Guardian hand over classified material by maxkeiser - David Cameron told Cabinet Secretary to get Guardian to hand over Edward Snowden documents (independent.co.uk)
• Now we know what all that James Bond worshipping is all about… by maxkeiser -
~ Black Helicopters: Britain’s Blind Faith in Intelligence Agencies (spiegel.de)
~ Britain needs spies: William Hague searches for the next James Bond huffingtonpost.co.uk)
~ GCHQ: Furious German Ministers Protest To Britain Over Spying (independent.co.uk)
• KEISER REPORT [KR486] Keiser Report: US High Cathedral of Fraud We discuss Mom and Pop investors taken out on a slab and their wealth burnt to a crisp by the high cathedral of fraud that is the New York Stock Exchange and its degenerate priests of high finance. Max proposes a scheme of mortgages collateralized by food stamps. In the second half, Max talks to Owen Jones, a columnist at the Independent and author of Chavs: The Demonization of the Working Class, about the prejudice of George Osborne’s policies which takes nearly £12 billion from housing benefit for the poor and shifts it to property speculation schemes for the middle class.
• KEISER REPORT [KR487] Keiser Report: NSA-spread Digital AIDS We discuss the fact that banks are lobbying to force credit unions to become banks in order to destroy the Move Your Money competitive threat. They also discuss frontrunning the NSA and the digital AIDS they’ve spread. In the second half, Max talks to former government official, Catherine Austin Fitts of Solari.com about extricating yourself from the tapeworm economy.
• KEISER REPORT [KR488] Keiser Report: Dutch Blues & Bubble Markets We discuss the Dutch blues and the pay per gaze advertising coming to a pair of glasses near you. Max proposes a scheme of mortgages collateralized by food stamps. In the second half, Max talks to Ann Pettifor of PrimeEconomics.org about the Alice in Wongaland economy in the United Kingdom where people borrow from payday lenders in order to live and, instead of lending to the economy, the economy is lending to banks. They also discuss interest rate apartheid, carry trades and public unrest.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1286] The Truth About Markets – 27 July 2013 Stacy Summary: Forgot to post this yesterday! In this episode, the conversation is quite wide ranging. We ruminate a bit on the great aluminum vs aluminium debate. We talk about Business Secretary, Vince Cable, accusing the Bank of England of being ‘capital Taliban.’ We also discuss the latest in hacking cars. Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday, excluding Thursday, from 12-2 PM Eastern HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show 8/22/13 Alexa O’Brien: Independent journalist Alexa O’Brien discusses her post-sentencing interview with Bradley Manning’s attorney David Coombs; the government’s failure to prove damage to national security from Manning’s leaks; the role of the FBI and State Department in his investigation and prosecution; the fertile grounds for appeal; and how Adrian Lamo worked with the feds to set Manning up.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 8/22/13 Gareth Porter: Gareth Porter, an independent investigative journalist and historian, discusses his article taking issue with ProPublica journalist Sebastian Rotella’s report on the alleged 2008 Iranian bomb plot against the Israeli embassy in Azerbaijan; Gareth’s upcoming book on the web of lies about Iran’s nuclear program; and why the US government had no problem seeing the economic case for nuclear power in Iran during the Shah’s reign.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 8/23/13 Andrew Cockburn: Andrew Cockburn, author of Rumsfeld: His Rise, Fall, and Catastrophic Legacy, discusses his article on “The ferocity and failure of America’s sanctions apparatus;” why US sanctions against Germany continued even after WWII was over; the decimation of Iraq’s economy due to 20 years of sanctions; how US domination of the world’s financial system prevents Iran from trading with other countries; and LBJ’s elephant-squashing-mosquito style of US foreign policy.
• SCOTT HORTON July 5, 2012: Scott says goodbye to Antiwar.com. Scott Horton is the former host of Antiwar Radio. Visit his blog Stress. Due to budget cuts Scott lost his gig at AntiWarRadio.com! Whoa! See ScottHortonShow.com for archives! Send emails to Scott at scotthorton.org to help Scott keep his podcast going!
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Rep Eliot Engel (D-NY) Ranking Member of the Foreign Affairs Committee
• Sen Bob Corker (R-TN) Ranking Member of the Foreign Relations Committee
• Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin (R)
• Stephens County OK District Attorney Jason Hicks
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml