Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
COLLAPSE averted but now what? We have more on the teabaggers who attempted a coup last week and wound up with mud on their collective faces. But first we begin with an item highlighting yet another loss for the teabaggers.
WAR ON WOMEN UPDATE: We go to the Constitutional Accountability Center for last month's Sixth Circuit’s Common Sense, Constitution Day Ruling: Business Corporations Do Not Exercise Religion, People Do The next big test of corporate personhood is inching closer to Supreme Court review. Deepening an already existing circuit split, the Sixth Circuit has become the second federal court of appeals to reject the argument that business corporations can evade the provisions of the Affordable Care Act and its regulations requiring them to provide their female employees with access to the full range of FDA-approved contraceptives because the law allegedly burdens the corporations’ right to the free exercise of religion. In a ruling handed down on Constitution Day itself, the Sixth Circuit unanimously held that Autocam Corporation, a for-profit corporation engaged in auto manufacturing, was not a “person capable of religious exercise as intended by RFRA [the Religious Freedom Restoration Act]” and thus was unlikely to succeed on the merits of its claim that the Affordable Care Act’s contraceptive coverage requirement violated RFRA. Respecting the Constitution’s promise of religious liberty as a fundamental human right owed to all persons, the Sixth Circuit rejected Autocam’s efforts to impose its owners’ religious beliefs on its employees, many of whom have a different set of religious views and want and need access to the full range of contraceptives.
The court’s opinion, authored by Judge Julia Smith Gibbons, a conservative jurist appointed by President George W. Bush, made two important holdings. First, the court held that the Kennedy family, Autocam’s individual owners, cannot invoke their own religious beliefs to justify disregarding the ACA’s contraception coverage requirement, a legal obligation that falls on Autocam, not its individual owners. Invoking the black letter law that “shareholders of a corporation cannot bring claims intended to redress injuries to a corporation, even when the corporation is closely held,” Judge Gibbons explained that “[w]e are without authority to ignore the choice the Kennedys made to create a separate legal entity to operate their business.” To permit individual owners to assert their own free exercise rights to redress an injury to the corporation “abandon[s] corporation law doctrine at the point it matters most.” This is no technical detail. The individual owners of Autocam are seeking to raise their own religious beliefs – which of course are protected by the Constitution and RFRA – because the corporation’s claim that it has free exercise rights is such a weak one. (Indeed, it is meritless.) Judge Gibbons and her colleagues were right to reject this attempt to circumvent the very foundations of corporate law.
Second, in her opinion for the court, Judge Gibbons concluded that “Congress did not intend to include corporations primarily organized for secular, profit-seeking purposes as ‘persons’ under RFRA,” agreeing with the Third Circuit’s prior ruling in Conestoga Wood Specialties Corp. v. Secretary of the U.S. Dep’t of Health and Human Services (which we discussed at length here). Judge Gibbons reasoned that, as the Act’s title suggests, “Congress’ express purpose in enacting RFRA was to restore Free Exercise claims,” previously recognized by the Supreme Court, “claims which were very fundamentally personal,” that is exercised by human beings. Far from serving a restorative purpose, “[r]eading the term ‘person’ in the manner suggested by Autocam would lead to a significant expansion of the scope of the rights the Free Exercise Clause protect[s] . . . . ‘During the 200-year span between the adoption of the First Amendment and RFRA’s passage, the Supreme Court consistently treated free exercise rights as confined to individuals and non-profit religious organizations.” Nothing in RFRA, Judge Gibbons concluded, required overriding the basic, common sense difference between business corporations, which are given special privileges to make running a business more lucrative, and churches and other religious bodies, which exist to foster the exercise of religion by communities across our nation.
Business corporations, hoping to build on their huge success in the Roberts Court, have pushed the idea that for-profit corporations should have the same constitutional right to the free exercise of religion as individuals have, even though corporations cannot, in any meaningful sense, pray, express devotion to a God, or act on the basis of a religious conscience. But, as Judge Gibbons showed in Autocam, business corporations do not exercise religion, people do. Her Constitution Day ruling is a fitting tribute to our Constitution’s fundamental protection of basic human rights.
Can you believe it? IMF recommends taxing the wealthy and rolling back Reagan tax cuts! From the Japan Times Tax the rich? IMF report raises eyebrows Fund urges nations to go after the wealthy, big business to mitigate financial imbalances Tax the rich and better target the multinationals: The IMF has set off shock waves last week in Washington by suggesting countries fight budget deficits by raising taxes. Tucked inside a report on public debt, the new tack was mostly eclipsed by worries about the U.S. budget crisis, but did not escape the notice of experts and nongovernmental organizations. “We had to read it twice to be sure we had really understood it,” said Nicolas Mombrial, the head of Oxfam in Washington. “It’s rare that IMF proposals are so surprising.” Guardian of financial orthodoxy, the International Monetary Fund, which held its annual meetings with the World Bank last week in the U.S. capital, typically calls for nations in difficulty to slash public spending to reduce their deficits. But in its Fiscal Monitor report, subtitled “Taxing Times,” the IMF advanced the idea of taxing the highest-income people and their assets to reinforce the legitimacy of spending cuts and fight against growing income inequality. ......... According to IMF estimates, taxing the rich even at the same rates during the 1980s would reap fiscal revenues equal to 0.25 percent of economic output in developed countries. “The gain could in some cases, such as that of the United States, be more significant,” around 1.5 percent of gross domestic product, said the IMF report, which also singled out deficient taxation of multinational companies. In the U.S. alone, legal loopholes deprive the Treasury of roughly $60 billion in receipts, the global lender said. ........ But the IMF’s Copernican revolution is still in the twilight stage. In its report, the IMF continued to push for a wider scope for value-added tax, a consumption tax that some say is inherently unfair, and on reductions in public spending. “These proposals are heading in the right direction, but a lot remains to be done,” said Oxfam’s Mombrial, calling notably for the IMF to do more against illegal capital flows, which, according to the NGO, cost billions of dollars in fiscal revenues in the developing countries. Read the report intro at the IMF Fiscal Monitor - Taxing Times and look for the pdf on the right side!
Then Greg Palast has this bombshell The Golden Dawn Murder Case - Larry Summers and the New Fascism .......Structural adjustment reached its cruel apotheosis in the early 1990s under the guidance of the World Bank’s Chief Economist, one Larry Summers. But then, in 1997, Summers’ post was taken by Prof. Joseph Stiglitz. In 2001, I met Stiglitz whom I’d heard was quietly expressing grave doubts about austerity and structural adjustment à la Summers. He agreed to go public. Over several hours of discussion, which I recorded for BBC TV, Stiglitz charged that IMF-imposed austerity was “ a little like the Middle Ages, when the patient died they would say well, we stopped the bloodletting too soon, he still had a little blood in him.” Stiglitz detailed for me the ill effects of the “structural adjustment” demands, including “free” trade, which he likened to the Opium Wars; bank deregulation, which he found ludicrously dangerous; privatization, which Stiglitz called “briberization”; and budget-cutting austerity. The budget cuts and free-market nostrums, Stiglitz told me, were as cruel as they were stupid. And he said of those who profited off these IMF diktats, “They don’t care if people live or die.” Stiglitz went on to win the Nobel Prize in economics for his skepticism of Markets über Alles. So how, a decade after austerity, briberization and all their cruelties exposed and discredited, did Greece (and Spain and Portugal and too many others) end up under austerity’s bloody grip? To begin with, in 2000, Larry Summers, as US Treasury Secretary, successfully demanded the World Bank fire Stiglitz and purged the Bank and IMF of austerity apostasy. Why? Austerity may fail the public, but it’s damn profitable for those on the inside. All you need is a riot and a few dead bodies. ....... Read on for the exciting conclusion!
Esquire's Charles Pierce explains the Beltway Bubalas' Reign Of Morons: Apotheosis ..............Ted Yoho has been coming for years. Ted Yoho was made inevitable by the NCPAC campaigns of the late 1970's and by the elevation of Ronald Reagan to the presidency in 1980 and, subsequently, to an artificially exalted place in our history after he left office. The Republican party revelled in all the forces that are now tearing it apart. The Democratic party was criminally negligent and abdicated its profound responsibility to fight against those forces; indeed, it spent the better part of the 1980's and 1990's trying to surf the wave itself. The Democratic Leadership Council, and Blue Dog Democrats generally, bear a heavy burden of responsibility for failing to demonstrate to the American people in election after election how extreme the Republicans were becoming. A great portion of the courtier press that now expresses horror at what is going on now went gleefully along for the ride as it became inevitable. Any members of that courtier press who relished the pursuit of Bill Clinton's penis, or conducted the absurd campaign of untruth that was waged against Al Gore between 1999 and 2000 lost the right years ago credibly to denounce conservative extremism and Republican vandalism. That means you, Roger Simon of Politico, who was so shocked the other day to discover that racism may have afflicted the process of government since the president's election, but who once claimed to right to make candidates like Gore "jump through hoops" for the pure hella-fun of it. That means you, Chris Matthews, who chased the presidential dick for two years, all the way through an impeachment process that was a constitutional absurdity, but who now discovers that the campaign of destruction never truly stopped. That means you, Andrew Sullivan, with your current existential torment over How It Came To This. (Pro tip: The Bell Curve? Betsy McCaughey on health-care? Fifth-column liberals? You helped.) This means you, David Brooks, sucking your thumb on book leave while the monster that you got rich feeding grows into its full power. This means all of you who went along for the ride on torture, and on Iraq, and who hid under the bed after 9/11. This is how the power came to rest with Ted Yoho, who is a fool and a know-nothing. This is how historical inevitability is created. This is how its momentum becomes unstoppable. This is how the wreckage piles up "Government is the problem," said Saint Reagan in his first inaugural. And everybody, all of you sorry bastards, cheered, and made completely predictable the moment in which the power of the government would come to reside in. Ted fking Yoho. A guy who should be a minor annoyance at zoning board meetings in Florida is suddenly capable of helping to bring down the financial stability of the world. A guy who should be railing at his local drive-time talk-jock is giving quotes to The New York Times about the essential dismantling of the institutions of self-government. Ted fking Yoho. It's his world now. We just live in it.
Chris Cillizza at WaPo's The Fix has Ted Cruz’s political philosophy, in one sentence Want to understand Texas Sen. Ted Cruz’s approach to politics in just one sentence? Of course you do. Here’s the sentence: “I’m not serving in office because I desperately needed 99 new friends in the U.S. Senate.” ......... While Cruz insisted he wasn’t going to go to Washington to fit in during his 2012 Senate campaign, everyone — or at least this guy — assumed he was simply saying the sort of things you say when you fancy yourself a populist outsider. Little did we know that Cruz’s rhetoric wasn’t lip service — he meant every word. He has proven time and again over his first nine months in the Senate that he has zero interest in making nice with his colleagues — Democrat or Republican — or playing by the traditional rules for a freshman senator. Cruz said it himself: He didn’t come to Washington to make friends. And he hasn’t. ......... it has turned Cruz into a pariah among his colleagues and driven his unfavorable ratings up among everyone who doesn’t identify as a conservative Republican. For many people, Cruz is the face of everything they hate about Washington: Pure partisanship and politicking. The fascinating thing about Cruz is that he doesn’t seem to care about all the vitriol directed toward him — both from the general public and from some of his Republican colleagues. In fact, he seems to thrive on it. Like him or hate him, it’s clear Cruz is something the Senate hasn’t seen in a very long time — if ever.
NOV 5th ACTION! MARCH ON DC - Citizens Action - November 5th, 2013 - The Revolution to Restore the Republic of the United States Join the Revolution, Be the Evolution On November 5th 2013 WE THE PEOPLE will march on Washington DC peacefully and unarmed to arrest all members of congress, the president, and all supreme court justices where they will be held without bond until a full independent investigation and trial have been completed. We must re-elect our government within 90 days in order to stave of unrest. First of all please know that this is not a Protest. This is a Citizen Action.
We need to organize a citizens arrest of all parties involved in the various criminal acts that have put our country as well as our world in jeopardy. This is going to be a lot of people but none the less it must be done. Hopefully there are some Sheriffs, US Marshals, and military personnel that will remember their oaths to this country upon the taking of this action by the people and lend their support and expertise in bringing known criminals to justice. What we must do:
- First of all it should be perfectly clear that the voting system is not only rigged but also criminally negligent in the handling of our elections from at least 2000 if not further back. (10-4! Start with bradblog.com and blackboxvoting.org to get a grip. -Ed)
- Secondly it should be abundantly clear that the US government has declared war on the American people via such illegal acts as the Homeland Security, Patriot, and National Defense Authorization acts as ALL of the aforementioned acts violate the plain English of the Constitution in one way shape or form.
- Third the Supreme Court has failed us in their duty to hear such Constitutional violations much less put a stop to them.
- Fourth the President has made himself dictator through various presidential signing statements.
- Fifth the US Government has allowed corporations to give orders to America via wars of aggression for resources as well as the many bank bailouts which essentially amount to strong armed robbery of North America as well as the rest of the world.
- And finally the police, military, courts, politicians, etc. have failed us in their duty to protect us from tyranny and to have stopped this tyranny from ever having taken hold in the first place.
- Scalia: “The 14th Amendment protects all races” — not “only the blacks.” — David Leonhardt (@DLeonhardt) October 15, 2013
- “Congress now speaks at almost a full grade level lower than it did just seven years ago, with the most conservative members of Congress speaking on average at the lowest grade level.”
- The state has deemed the high-risk pool obsolete, as the Affordable Care Act prohibits insurance companies participating in the federal marketplace, which launched on Oct. 1, from denying coverage to Texans with pre-existing conditions. Gov. Rick Perry signed Senate Bill 1367 in June, scheduling the pool’s abolishment. The pool will close Jan. 1, and the 23,000 people currently participating in the pool must sign up for coverage on the insurance exchange by Dec. 15 or find coverage elsewhere to avoid a lapse in care.
- I’m glad that the government shutdown has ended, and I’m relieved that we didn’t default on our debt. But I want to be clear: I am NOT celebrating tonight. Yes, we prevented an economic catastrophe that would have put a huge hole in our fragile economic recovery. But the reason we were in this mess in the first place is that a reckless faction in Congress took the government and the economy hostage for no good purpose and to no productive end. According to the S&P index, the government shutdown had delivered a powerful blow to the U.S. economy. By their estimates, $24 billion has been flushed down the drain for a completely unnecessary political stunt. $24 billion dollars. How many children could have been back in Head Start classes? How many seniors could have had a hot lunch through Meals on Wheels? How many scientists could have gotten their research funded? How many bridges could have been repaired and trains upgraded? The Republicans keep saying, “Leave the sequester in place and cut all those budgets.” They keep trying to cut funding for the things that would help us build a future. But they are ready to flush away $24 billion on a political stunt. So I’m relieved, but I’m also pretty angry. We have serious problems that need to be fixed, and we have hard choices to make about taxes and spending. I hope we never see our country flush money away like this again. Not ever. It’s time for the hostage taking to end. It’s time for every one of us to say, “No more.”
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
- Edward Snowden, NSA whistleblower speaking in a video recorded last week in Russia Edward Snowden Speaks Out Against NSA "Dragnet Mass Surveillance"
- Jesselyn Radack, Ray McGovern, Coleen Rowley & Thomas Drake "Edward Snowden is a Patriot": Ex-NSA CIA, FBI and Justice Whistleblowers Meet Leaker in Moscow
- Michael Tigar, lawyer for Rick Bourke & Scott Armstrong, journalist formerly with The Washington Post Another U.S. Whistleblower Behind Bars? Investor Jailed After Exposing Corrupt Azerbaijani Oil Deal Today in a Democracy Now! exclusive, we spend the hour looking at a story of yet another whistleblower imprisoned under the Obama administration, a story that could be straight out of a Hollywood thriller.
- Robert Borosage, founder and president of the Institute for America’s Future & Amanda Terkel, senior political reporter and politics managing editor at The Huffington Post "Totally Self-Inflicted Damage": U.S. on Verge of Default as Pain from 16-Day Shutdown Spreads
- William Hartung, director of the Arms and Security Project at the Center for International Policy U.S. Eases Rules on Exporting Military Technology to Secure Role as World’s Leading Arms Dealer
- Rep. John Conyers (D-MI) Rep. John Conyers Pushes for a "Full Employment" Bill as Congress Votes to End Shutdown
- Conyers, Albert Mokhiber & Abdeen Jabara FBI Urged to Reopen Probe into 1985 Assassination of Arab-American Leader Alex Odeh in California
- Abdeen Jabara Arab-American Attorney Abdeen Jabara: I Was Spied on by the National Security Agency 40 Years Ago
- Juan Gonzalez, Daily News columnist and Democracy Now! co-host Vast Corruption in Information Technology Contracts in Spotlight as CityTime Trial Begins in NYC
- Anjali Kamat, correspondent for Al Jazeera’s Fault Lines U.S. Weapons and Arms Parts Continued to Flow to Egypt After June Coup & Deadly Crackdown AND Journalists Find 12-Year-Old Girls Making Old Navy Jeans for Gap in Bangladeshi Factory
- Kevin Connor, director and co-founder of the Public Accountability Initiative The Military-Industrial Pundits: Conflicts of Interest Exposed for TV Guests Who Urged Syrian War
- Jack Temple, policy analyst at the National Employment Law Project Super-Sizing Welfare Costs: Low Wages at McDonald’s, Burger King Cost Taxpayers Billions
GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders »»» FEATURED SHOW Chilean Women Seeking Justice 40 Years After Coup In the wake of the US backed coup in Chile, the “Caravan of Death” arrived in the desert town of Calama on October 19, 1973, and "disappeared" twenty-six local men. It has taken forty years of digging in the sand and rolling back fear and terror for the relatives of those men to discover what happened to their loved ones. Paula Allen and Victoria Saavedra Gonzalez tell the story. more.....
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© »»» NASCAR on ESPN NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Talladega Superspeedway pres. by 5-Hour Energy »»» MLB WORLD SERIES on FOX GAME 1 Wednesday @ Boston 8 pm et; GAME 2 @ Boston Thursday 8 pm et; Game 3 Saturday @ St. Louis 8 pm et »»» SUNDAY FOOTBALL NIGHT IN AMERICA on NBC Broncos @ Colts 8:30 pm et »»» MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL on ESPN Vikings @ Giants 8:30 pm et »»» THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL on NFL Network Panthers @ Buccaneers 8:25 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
STOP the ACHE NEW WEBSITE! AcheAct.org and Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communities. The A.C.H.E. Act Is Re-Introduced In The 113th Congress!
- Washington, DC – Today a group of U.S. House of Representatives lawmakers introduced the Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act (ACHE Act, H.R. 526) to protect Appalachian families and communities from the nation’s most extreme form of coal mining, mountaintop removal. The Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act’s leading sponsors are Rep. John Yarmuth (D-KY) and Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY), joined by original cosponsors Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), Rep. Rush Holt (D-NJ), Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-AZ), Rep. John Sarbanes (D-MD), Rep. Jim Moran (D-VA), Rep. Donna Edwards (D-MD), Rep. Judy Chu (D-CA), Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY), Rep. Jared Huffman (D-CA), Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), Rep. Michael Honda (D-CA), Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR), Rep. Matt Cartwright (D-PA), Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT), Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard (D-CA), Rep. Chellie Pingree (D-ME), Rep. Janice Schakowksy (D-IL), Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA), Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC), and Rep. Jared Polis (DCO).
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Meet the New CISPA. Same as the Old CISPA. Last year, thanks to a public outcry, the effort to pass overreaching cybersecurity legislation stalled in the Senate. Now supporters have reintroduced the House version of that legislation — the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA). The “new” version is in fact identical to the original CISPA — and poses the same threat to our digital civil liberties. If CISPA becomes law, it will be a major blow to our online privacy. But more than that, CISPA’s passage would have a chilling effect on our freedom to connect online. We won’t feel as free to state unpopular opinions, or to speak truth to power, if we know that Big Brother could get a feed of everything we say and do. This is not what the free and open Internet is about. We must tell Congress: Vote NO on CISPA and bury this bill for good.
NEW!!! Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice.3 These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com and check out his latest effort DontAttackSyria.com!
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network From the Bradley Manning Support Network Announcing the Private Manning Support Network! August 26, 2013, By attorney David Coombs and the Private Manning Support Network (formerly the Bradley Manning Support Network). Additional clarification on PVT Chelsea (formerly Bradley) Manning's request regarding her gender and name. With your continued support, our network will continue its advocacy efforts in support our heroic WikiLeaks whistle-blower through this new phase of her life. ....... UPDATE! The Obama Administration and the Press October 10, 2013. By the Committee to Protect Journalists. A CPJ special report by Leonard Downie Jr. with reporting by Sara Rafsky. "U.S. President Barack Obama came into office pledging open government, but he has fallen short of his promise" they write, in this report that details the diminishing ability of the press to hold the government accountable as a result of the Obama administrations aggressive efforts to silence whistleblowers and control the media. The Manning case, they argue, was a turning point. ..... AND Update 10/10/13: War on whistleblowers has chilling effect on gov't accountability The Obama administration has prosecuted more whistleblowers than any other since Nixon, and it has begun to use its own media tools to bypass and block traditional investigative journalists. The effect has been chilling and undermined the ability of the press to hold the government to account. .....
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources. WATCH THIS MOVIE at Top Documentary Films Resonance: Beings of Frequency Now we live an an ocean of electromagnetic radiation. It’s all around us now, invisible, but we know it’s there. Every time you lift up your mobile phone you know it’s there. It is very hard to turn the clock back, in fact it is impossible, but we need to be aware of the adverse health effects so that we can have the choice of taking precautions against the exposures. How we could have possibly thought that putting microwaves to our brain was safe. We just don’t fully understand what we’re doing. "Resonance: Beings of Frequency" is the first documentary to investigate the actual mechanisms by which mobile phone technology can cause cancer. The film takes a deeper look at how humanity is reacting to the most profound environmental change the planet has ever seen. Read more HERE!!
B R I C K T E E V E E The essential guide for watching government propaganda! THEY report. YOU throw bricks.© Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE! IRAQ: 4,486 US Military Dead as of April 21, 2012 AFGHANISTAN: 2,287 US Military Dead as of Oct. 18, 2013 The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises MOCKINGBIRD: The Subversion Of The Free Press By The CIA Who Owns The Media? The 6 Monolithic Corporations That Control Almost Everything We Watch, Hear And Read
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
• House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)
• Texas Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)
• former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R-FL)
• ROUNDTABLE: Rep. Donna Edwards, D.Md., Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill., ABC news political analyst Matthew Dowd, and New York Times White House correspondent Peter Baker
• Sunday Spotlight: actress Lupita Nyong’o about her powerful performance in the new film “12 Years A Slave.”
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell R-KY
• Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C
• Sen. Mark Warner, D-Va.
• Mark Zandi, Chief Economist of Moody's Analytics
• ROUNDTABLE: Stuart Rothenburg of the Rothenberg Political Report, Wall Street Journal's Gerald Seib, Time Magazine's Rana Faroohar and the Washington Post's Michael Gerson.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• Washington's Open Secret - What's widely known in Washington may come as a surprise to the public: members of Congress can and often do use funds donated to their political action committee for personal use like private trips and to hire family members. Steve Kroft reports. Ira Rosen and Gabrielle Schonder are the producers.
• Dick Cheney's Heart - For the first time, Dick Cheney speaks frankly and in detail about the heart disease that plagued him over his entire political career and especially when he was vice president. Dr. Sanjay Gupta reports. Michael Radutzky and Denise Schrier Cetta are the producers.
• Return of the Humpbacks - Scott Pelley reports on two very different ways two individuals are going about trying to save the endangered humpback whale. Robert Anderson and Daniel Ruetenik are the producers.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• EXCLUSIVE: Treasury Secretary Jack Lew
• EXCLUSIVE: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
• Democrat Chuck Schumer of New York
• Republican Tom Coburn of Oklahoma.
• Author and Bloomberg Businessweek senior writer Brad Stone discusses the sale of the Washington Post to Amazon founder and Internet mogul, Jeff Bezos.
• ROUNDTABLE: NY Times Columnist David Brooks; Washington Post Columnist E.J. Dionne; host of CNBC’s “Closing Bell,” Maria Bartiromo; and NBC News Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent Andrea Mitchell.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines and at noon ET.
• Sen. John McCain (R-AZ)
• Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)
• ROUNDTABLE: Democratic strategist Donna Brazile, Republican strategist Alex Castellanos and The New Yorker’s Washington correspondent Ryan Lizza.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY!! Bob wraps up the news of the week! Pull up a cold one! Listen NOW HERE - Friday, October 18th, 2013 (mp3)! Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Keep Bob on the air! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - October 17, 2013 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: The long national shutdown is over --- for now --- and environmental services and protections are returning; PLUS: Australia erupts in 'freakishly early' bushfire season; AND: The 40th anniversary of the 1973 Arab Oil Embargo ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Air pollution definitively linked to cancer; Lloyd's of London warns on warming, mocks deniers; Minimata Mercury Convention signed by world governments; Why Supreme Court taking on greenhouse gases isn't as bad as it looks; US shale boom shows signs of permanent decline; Uneven enforcement at US nuclear plants; Wisconsin opens wolf hunting season; ND farmers sue over natural gas flares; BP Oil Spill Trial update; World's first climate refugee seeks asylum in NZ; Kauai moves to restrict GMOs; PLUS much, MUCH more!...
• 'Green News Report' - October 15, 2013 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Breaking: U.S. Supreme Court to hear challenge to EPA greenhouse gas emission regulations; India dodges a bullet with Super Cyclone Phailin, while Fukushima prepares for another; 800,000+ gallon oil spill in ND; Government shutdown shuts down US Antarctic research program; PLUS: Glimpse the future with the latest winners in solar cars and solar houses ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Judge Posner Suprised at Reaction to Photo ID Case Disavowal; Wasn't 'Alert' to Election 'Trickery' After admitting his error in landmark Crawford case, he offers a new stunning admission...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Exclusive: Absentee Ballots For the Stealing in San Fran! [PHOTOS] Just another illustrative reminder of why Vote-by-Mail is a terrible idea, unless absolutely necessary...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! What 'Fiscal Conservatism'? The Cost of the Republican Shutdown By Ernest A. Canning - ..... As CNN noted, shortly after President Barack Obama signed the measure into law, Congress has furnished only a "temporary bandage," which leaves the draconian "sequester" cuts in place, authorizes government spending at current levels through Jan. 15, 2014 and postpones the same threat of a default on the nation's financial obligations until Feb. 7, 2014. Meanwhile, radical 'Tea Party' Republicans, like Rep. Mick Mulvaney of South Carolina, insisted "this was worth having the fight," even as they were conceding absolute defeat. ......
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC News & Comment Oct. 14, 2013 PBC News & Comment: Host Humbled By Malala’s Encounter With Obamas An apology and shout-out to Malala Yousafzai, whose direct comment to Barack, Michele and Malia about drone strikes earns both….
• PBC Standard Podcast Oct. 14, 2013 Ray McGovern Reports on His Moscow Meeting with Ed Snowden
• PBC Standard Podcast Oct. 16, 2013 Palestinian Filmmaker Fida Qishta Details Brutal Life in Gaza
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Weekend on Ring of Fire Radio! Oct. 18, 2013 Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern.
• Thom Hartmann will join us to talk about his new documentary The Last Hours of Humanity.
• Senator Sheldon Whitehouse will tell us why the government shutdown completely backfired on Republicans.
• Journalist and author Alex Zaitchik will discuss the new tactics being used by the gun industry to push firearms on American citizens.
• And we’ll hear from a whistleblower who has uncovered evidence the BP is using online trolls to harass oil spill victims.
• NEW! This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! Oct 19, 2013 Sundays at NOON!
»» Investigative journalist and newspaper publisher Rick Outzen discusses the Obama administration’s hostility towards the press.
»» Richard Eskow from the Campaign for America’s Future talks about the price tab of Republican policies.
»» Attorneys Dave Teselle and Howard Nations talk about the extremist groups that are pulling the strings for John Boehner.
»» Author Ari Berman talks about the GOP’s plan to redistrict the South into a permanent Republican majority.
»» Farron Cousins from The Trial Lawyer Magazine talks about new reports that link income inequality to the “dumbing down” of American citizens.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at email@example.com if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.”
• Julian Assange Rails Against Biopic “The Fifth Estate” Next Friday, the Dreamworks produced biopic of Wikileaks founder Julian Assange is set to release in theaters. “The Fifth Estate” is based on the early days and creation of Wikileaks, however, Assange has spoken out against the film and also sent a letter to the film’s lead actor, Benedict Cumberbatch, who plays Assange. In the letter, Assange decries the film and says that he does “not believe it is going to be positive for me or the people I care about. . . It is based on a deceitful book by someone who has a vendetta against me and my organisation.” MORE!
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Is BP Using Online Trolls To Harass Oil Spill Victims? (VIDEO) BP has employed a host of dirty tricks in order to avoid liability for the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill disaster. But recently, those tactics have reached new lows. Ring of Fire’s Mike Papantonio talks with a whistleblower who has uncovered evidence of BP’s newest tricks to harass the victims along the Gulf Coast.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: War on Journalists Continues (VIDEO) When President Obama came into office, he promised us transparency in all areas of the government. He’s failed to deliver on that promise, and instead he’s shown hostility to the press at every turn. Ring of Fire’s Mike Papantonio talks about this with newspaper publisher and journalist Rick Outzen.
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Oct 19, 2013 Ring of Fire’s top stories from the past week.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 10/14/13 Daniel Goleman: Focus & Why The Rich Care Less
• TUESDAY 10/15/13 Jonathan Cohn: Debt Ceiling Non Deal & Obamacare Rollout
• WEDNESDAY 10/16/13 Michael McAuliff: Republicans Finally Surrender & Sasha Abramsky: The American Way of Poverty
• THURSDAY 10/17/13 Ari Berman: The GOP’s New Southern Strategy
• FRIDAY 10/18/13 Casual Friday: Cliff Schecter & Dave Anthony
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• The Federal Reserve 100th Anniversary Road Show Spectacular! by alexschaefer - Paint Provocateur Alex Schaefer wants to say “Happy Birthday, Federal Reserve!’ You made it to 100 years of conducting the nation’s monetary policy! Since mainstream media didn’t send a card, a painter, a protestor, a filmmaker, a freedom fighter and a mad crew are going on a road trip across the USA to visit all twelve of your branches to help you celebrate! Come rain or monkey shines, they are on a mission to throw the birthday party nightmares are made of. A party to highlight the historic END of the original 100 year charter the Federal Reserve Bank has with the U.S. Government December 23rd, 2013! CLICK HERE FOR THE CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN & HELP GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD! Lots of great donation perks, all original works of art by Alex Schaefer and Cain Motter! This is a great way to collect some art AND help fund this amazing journey and film. It’s a win-win situation! Let’s some history and shake things up around here!
• Assange: How cryptography is a key weapon in the fight against empire states by maxkeiser - READ What began as a means of retaining individual freedom can now be used by smaller states to fend off the ambitions of larger ones (guardian.co.uk)
• “The slow demise of the BBC as an objective news channel coincides with the surge of Russia Today for several years, we are sorry to say.” by MaxKeiser - READ WHY RUSSIA TODAY IS BEATING THE BBC AND OTHERS AT THE TV NEWS GAME. (arbolioto.blogspot.com)
• VIDEO! Four Horsemen now on YouTube – Yea I’m in this film!!!! by MaxKeiser
• US government would have destroyed Snowdon and buried his message for ever by Dublin Eileen - Edward Snowden, the source of National Security Agency leaks, has insisted that he decided to become a whistleblower and flee America because he had no faith in the internal reporting mechanisms of the US government, which he believed would have destroyed him and buried his message for ever. READ Edward Snowden: US would have buried NSA warnings forever (theguardian.com)
• KEISER REPORT [KR510] Keiser Report – De-Americanizing We discuss stop logic and victory vomit in a de-Americanized world. In the second half, Max interviews Rowan Bosworth-Davies, a former fraud squad detective, about crime being what you call it – so let’s call it a racket or organized crime as practiced in the City of London.
• KEISER REPORT [KR511] Keiser Report: Walmart & Wall Street’s Sugar Daddy We discuss the EBT ‘free lunch’ card chaos at Walmart when an ‘unlimited’ benefits glitch causes card holders to pile shopping carts high with ‘free’ goods, while on Wall-Street, the ‘free lunch’ card of Quantitative Easing has caused a similar misallocation of capital into property and toxic debt instruments. Finally, they discuss the world about to shut off America’s ‘free lunch’ card, otherwise known as the Exorbitant Privilege’ of having the world’s reserve currency. In the second half, Max interviews Alasdair Macleod of GoldMoney.com about the $640 million sell order of gold. They also discuss Alasdair’s new theory on money supply (FMQ) and his differences with Professor Fekete, a recent guest on the Keiser Report, regarding whether or not there is deflation.
• KEISER REPORT [KR512] Keiser Report: Post-Kaboom Period In this episode of the Keiser Report, we discuss post-kaboom period of a de-Americanized world where risk is redistributed and financial systems are re-architected away from the daisy chains of credit without collateral. In the second half, Max interviews Leo Johnson, co-author of Turnaround Challenge: Business and the City of the Future (or, if you want to buy local) about the three possible cities of the future: Petropolis, Cyburbia or Distributed City.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1292] The Truth About the Price of Semen Stacy Summary: The Truth About Markets episode 1292, airing on 19 October 2013. Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday, excluding Thursday, from 12-2 PM Eastern HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show Progress Report: All right, yall, welcome back to the show to the inaugural Scott Horton Show progress report! It’s been an eventful year since the show and I (amicably) parted ways with Antiwar.com, so I thought I would highlight just a few of the show’s important milestones, as well as preview some of the exciting projects to look for in the near future. ........ The show on Pacifica KPFK 90.7 FM in L.A., still called Antiwar Radio, has now moved to join their Sunday morning public affairs line up, and remains the largest source of listeners, with 15,000-20,000 people tuning in weekly. The future: Liberty Express Radio is growing and bringing me along for the ride. The great Charles Goyette hooked me up with Alan Butler and the Liberty Express earlier this year, and what has been the daily replay there from 3-5 eastern time has become my best listened-to show. And now they’re adding my friend Tom Woods to the lineup from 2-3 PM. That does it. I’m making the switch! Starting Monday, October 14, the live show is moving to 3-5 PM Eastern time on LibertyExpressRadio.com, as well as NoAgenda and my own stream.......
• Scott Horton Radio Show 10/16/13 Trevor Timm: Trevor Timm, co-founder and executive director of the Freedom of the Press Foundation, discusses the launch of SecureDrop, an open-source submission platform for whistleblowers; Glenn Greenwald’s media venture with billionaire eBay founder Pierre Omidyar; and the bombshell revelations from NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden that haven’t been revealed yet.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 10/15/13 Coleen Rowley: Former FBI agent Coleen Rowley discusses how whistleblowers check excessive government power and secrecy; NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden’s Russian exile; and Senator Diane Feinstein’s claim that the current NSA spying program would have prevented 9/11.
• SCOTT HORTON July 5, 2012: Scott says goodbye to Antiwar.com. Scott Horton is the former host of Antiwar Radio. Visit his blog Stress. Due to budget cuts Scott lost his gig at AntiWarRadio.com! Whoa! See ScottHortonShow.com for archives! Send emails to Scott at scotthorton.org to help Scott keep his podcast going!
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Sen Marco Rubio (R-FL)
• Assistant Senate Majority Leader Sen Dick Durbin (D-IL)
• Vice Chair of the Senate Republican Conference Sen Roy Blunt (R-MO)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml