Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Government Hostage Takers As we head into the second week of Tea-Party-inflicted government shutdown we begin with the BTV FIRST WORD by Charles P. Pierce at Esquire's The Politics Blog This Is What They Want since you'll need this to understand the rest! Let's just spitball a bit here. Right now, even if their campaign of public vandalism ended at this very moment, the Republicans would still have three-quarters of a loaf because the status quo ante would be a federal budget at (or beneath) the spending levels mandated by The Sequester. Given that, what possible reason do the Republicans -- or, at least, those Republicans who are currently driving the strategy now -- have not to keep the government shut down not only through the upcoming debt ceiling fight, but for most of the rest of Barack Obama's term? (Chris Christie might not be president? Too bad.) There is no serious effort within the party's dwindling Sane People's Caucus to rein these people in -- Peter King? Please. -- and there's no power outside the party structure that's stronger than the combination of safe districts and independent money that has created the monkeyhouse in the first place. Their concern for the general national interest isn't worthy of discussion. They are doing what they want to do. They are getting what they want.
- You know, I think you may see a partial shutdown for several days. But [Fox and Friend co-host] Steve [Doocy], people are probably going to realize they can live with a lot less government than what they thought they needed," she said, prompting host Brian Kilmeade to add, "it's like the sequester all over."
CASE IN POINT: NYT's SABRINA TAVERNISE and ROBERT GEBELOFF confirm Millions of Poor Are Left Uncovered by Health Law A sweeping national effort to extend health coverage to millions of Americans will leave out two-thirds of the poor blacks and single mothers and more than half of the low-wage workers who do not have insurance, the very kinds of people that the program was intended to help, according to an analysis of census data by The New York Times. Because they live in states largely controlled by Republicans that have declined to participate in a vast expansion of Medicaid, the medical insurance program for the poor, they are among the eight million Americans who are impoverished, uninsured and ineligible for help. ...... “The irony is that these states that are rejecting Medicaid expansion — many of them Southern — are the very places where the concentration of poverty and lack of health insurance are the most acute,” said Dr. H. Jack Geiger, a founder of the community health center model. “It is their populations that have the highest burden of illness and costs to the entire health care system.” ....... Every state in the Deep South, with the exception of Arkansas, has rejected the expansion. Opponents of the expansion say they are against it on exclusively economic grounds, and that the demographics of the South — with its large share of poor blacks — make it easy to say race is an issue when it is not. ......
And at OpEdNews.com Elizabeth Warren: This is Democracy ...... It's time to end the debate about whether the Affordable Care Act should exist and whether it should be funded. Congress voted for this law. President Obama signed this law. The Supreme Court upheld this law. The President ran for reelection on this law. His opponent said he would repeal it -- and his opponent lost by five million votes. Right now, Republicans are taking the government and the economy hostage, threatening serious damage to both unless the President agrees to gut the Affordable Care Act. For days, they even tried to change the law so that employers can deny women access to birth control coverage. I am the mother of a daughter and the grandmother of granddaughters. I will never vote to let a group of backward-looking ideologues cut women's access to birth control. We have lived in that world, and we are not going back. Not ever. I see things like this and I wonder what alternate reality some of my colleagues are living in. So let me be very clear about what is happening in the real world: The Affordable Care Act is the law of the land. Millions of people are counting on it -- people who need health care coverage, people who need insurance policies that don't disappear just when they are sickest. The law is here to stay, and it will stay. ............. The threats may continue, but they are not working and they never will. In a democracy, hostage tactics are the last resort for those who can't win their fights through elections, can't win their fights in Congress, can't win their fights for the Presidency, and can't win their fights in Courts. For this right-wing minority, hostage-taking is all they have left -- a last gasp of those who cannot cope with the realities of our democracy. ........
From BeforeItsNews.com Banks Plan National Cyber-Attack Drill FS-ISAC Financial Institution CAPP Exercise October 16 – 17, 2013 and October 23 – 24, 2013 JUST THE SAME TIME URBAN DRILLS ARE TAKING PLACE WITH INT’L MILITARY ON AMERICAN SOIL
More than 1,000 banks will test their incident response strategies by participating in a simulated cyber-attack exercise. SWACHA’s Dennis Simmons says the drill, which is open to more participants, will help bolster defenses. Banks are interested in testing their defenses in the wake of recent cyber-attacks, says Simmons, president and CEO of SWACHA, a regional payments association. Those attacks include account-takeover attempts linked to phishing and ACH and wire fraud, as well as distributed-denial-of-service attacks that are sometimes waged as modes of distraction to veil fraud.
To Listen HERE.
News Release HERE (pdf).
Matthew L. Wald at the paper of wreck-ord warns As Worries Over the Power Grid Rise, a Drill Will Simulate a Knockout Blow The electric grid, as government and private experts describe it, is the glass jaw of American industry. If an adversary lands a knockout blow, they fear, it could black out vast areas of the continent for weeks; interrupt supplies of water, gasoline, diesel fuel and fresh food; shut down communications; and create disruptions of a scale that was only hinted at by Hurricane Sandy and the attacks of Sept. 11. This is why thousands of utility workers, business executives, National Guard officers, F.B.I. antiterrorism experts and officials from government agencies in the United States, Canada and Mexico are preparing for an emergency drill in November that will simulate physical attacks and cyberattacks that could take down large sections of the power grid. They will practice for a crisis unlike anything the real grid has ever seen, and more than 150 companies and organizations have signed up to participate. ...... “If we fail at electricity, we’re going to fail miserably,” Curt Hébert, a former chairman of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, said at a recent conference held by the Bipartisan Policy Center. Mr. Harrell said that previous exercises were based on the expectation that electricity “would be up and running relatively quick” after an attack. ........ Most of the participants will join the exercise from their workplaces, with NERC (North American Electric Reliability Corporation), in Washington, announcing successive failures. ..... This was from last August so keep an eye out to see when they announce the "grid failure exercise".
Also at OpEdNews.com John Whitehead From NSA Spying & VIPR Sweeps to Domestic Drones: A Round-Up of the Police State Programs NOT Affected by Govt Shutdown
And WashingtonsBlog.com weighs in with Government Shutdown Not Slowing Down Warmongers AND Chief DHS Privacy Officer: Government Called Privacy Office “Terrorists” PLUS World Bank Senior Attorney: 1% are ‘thugs, crooks, liars; everyone knows it’
In Climate News John Vidal at The Guardian asks Is the IPCC right on climate change? Just ask the world's farmers European development groups have reported that the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change's latest scientific assessment of the phenomenon matches the observations and experiences of farming and other groups they partner in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
The IPCC scientists, who acknowledge they often have only sketchy rainfall and temperature data for many areas in developing countries, say global temperatures have risen, extreme weather is more frequent and rainfall less predictable. If emissions are not cut dramatically, they say, the world can expect steady sea-level and temperature rises, more extreme weather and less certain rainfall. "Climate change is a reality here. We can see the impacts everywhere. There are new insects on our crops because of higher temperatures here. We can't produce now without spraying the crops," said a Bolivian farmer, Alivio Aruquipa, who lives in La Granja, near La Paz and works with Christian Aid partner group Agua Sustentable (Care). ......... "The latest climate science affirms what small-scale farmers around the world are telling us, that seasons are changing, weather is increasingly extreme and unpredictable making it tougher to feed their families," said Oxfam in a new briefing paper. "It is important to recognise that climate change is happening at the same time as vulnerabilities are changing drastically. Of the 3 billion people who live in rural areas in developing countries, 2.5 billion are involved in agriculture, and 1.5 billion live in small farmer households. Many are perilously exposed to changes in the climate, meaning that too much rain, or too little, can be the difference between having enough food or living in hunger." ....... Camilla Toulmin, director of the International Institute for Environment and Development, said the report confirmed that human activities were responsible for increased climate instability. "But there is also value in what the IPCC report does not say, such as how the climate will change from place to place. Climate models are not yet robust enough to predict impacts at local and regional scales, but it is clear from the experience of the many people with whom we work, who have faced loss and damage this year alone, that everybody is vulnerable in some way. This uncertainty about local impacts, coupled with the certainty that impacts will come, is a stark warning that everyone needs to get ready. Citizens and business leaders worldwide need to press governments to act, both at home and on the international stage." We're not holding our breath, Ms. Toulmin.
Kevin Collier at The Daily Dot tells us Why Edward Snowden's favorite secure email service really shut down ...... But finally, with newfound court permission, Levison went public Wednesday evening. He posted on his legal defense fund website that the government had gone overboard in requesting information on “several Lavabit user accounts.” He clarified to the New York Times that at least one of those accounts was indeed Snowden's. That alone wouldn’t have meant the end of Lavabit. Levison said he’d complied with around two dozen other federal demands for individual user information. ........ The real reason he closed shop, Levison said on his defense fund site, is that Judge Claude Hilton ordered him to give up the very encryption keys to his site. He fined him $5,000 a day in contempt of court as he refused. “In fact, the FBI agents even admitted their intention to collect passwords in transit so they could access emails protected by Lavabit’s encrypted storage feature,” Levison wrote. Levison’s still fighting that court order. His defense fund notes that without the site, he’s lost his main source of income. He’s currently raised $56,485 out of his goal $96,000.
NEXT Chris Strohm at Bloomberg News writes NSA Tried Tracking Movements With Phone Data, Chief Says (1) via BusinessInsider.com The National Security Agency ran tests using mobile-phone data to track Americans’ movements until determining the information lacked intelligence value, the agency’s director said. The NSA tested samples of bulk location information on U.S. mobile phones in 2010 and 2011 to see whether the data format could be used in its computer systems, General Keith Alexander told the Senate Judiciary Committee during a hearing in Washington today. It was the first time the agency has discussed using mobile-phone data to track Americans’ locations. The data wasn’t used in actual surveillance operations, Alexander said, and he didn’t provide details. “It was test data, and what we couldn’t find was operational value out of it given that we could just turn that over to the FBI, and they could do the cell-site location if they needed it with a warrant,” Alexander said in an interview after the hearing. ........ Alexander, under questioning by Leahy, said the program has helped stop only one or two terrorist plots inside the U.S. since it was begun in 2006. Director of National Intelligence James Clapper offered a new rationale for the program during the hearing, saying it can be used to provide “peace of mind” that there aren’t terrorist plots in the works. ......... The NSA isn’t compiling profiles of innocent Americans using their social connections, Alexander said. He disputed a characterization in a Sept. 28 New York Times story that the agency is building graphs of some Americans’ social connections that can identify their associates, their locations at certain times, their traveling companions and other personal information. The story relied in part on documents leaked by Snowden. “We aren’t doing that,” Alexander said. “The insinuation that we’re doing that is flat out wrong.” Sure it is.
And at The Guardian NSA and GCHQ target Tor network that protects anonymity of web users by James Ball, Bruce Schneier and Glenn Greenwald
- Top-secret documents detail repeated efforts to crack Tor
- US-funded tool relied upon by dissidents and activists
- Core security of network remains intact but NSA has some success attacking users' computers
- Henry James exonerated in 2011 after 30 years in Louisiana State Penitentiary & Emily Maw, Director of The Innocence Project New Orleans Freed by DNA, Angola Prisoner Henry James on His 30 Years Behind Bars for Crime He Didn’t Commit
- Malik Rahim, one of the founders of the Louisiana chapter of the Black Panther Party & Jackie Sumell, New Orleans-based artist behind "Herman’s House," Cancer-Stricken Angola 3 Prisoner Herman Wallace Given Just Days to Live After 42 Years in Solitary
- Tim Murphy, a reporter at Mother Jones Tea Party Forces Government Shutdown with Obamacare Revolt; How Will It Impact Ordinary Americans?
- John Barry, vice president of the Southeast Louisiana Flood Protection Authority–East & Jacques Morial, New Orleans community organizer "The Lawbreaking is Ongoing": Louisiana Levee Board Sues BP, Exxon, Shell, Chevron for Coast Damage
- John Barry & Monique Harden, co-director of Advocates for Environmental Human Rights Holding BP Accountable: Environmental Justice Struggle Continues in Gulf Region After 2010 Spill
- Robert King, the first freed member of the Angola Three, George Kendall, Herman Wallace’s defense attorney & Jackie Sumell, the New Orleans-based artist After 4 Decades in Solitary, Dying Angola 3 Prisoner Herman Wallace Freed, Conviction Overturned
- Cecilia Greyson, sister of Canadian filmmaker John Greyson with Canadian journalist and author Naomi Klein and Democracy Now! correspondent Sharif Abdel Kouddous Canadian Filmmaker and Doctor Imprisoned in Egypt Without Charges, Abused After Witnessing Massacre
- Imara Jones, economic justice contributor for Colorlines.com "Dramatic, Painful" Government Shutdown Disproportionately Impacts Working Poor, People of Color
- Imara Jones & Trudy Lieberman, contributing editor to the Columbia Journalism Review Has GOP Already Defeated Obamacare? State Opt-Outs Leave Millions of Poor Without Health Insurance
- Malalai Joya, an activist and former member of Parliament from Afghanistan "Imperialism & Fundamentalism Have Joined Hands": Malalai Joya on 12 Years of U.S.-Led Afghan War
- Lori Wallach, director of Public Citizen’s Global Trade Watch. "A Corporate Trojan Horse": Obama Pushes Secretive TPP Trade Pact, Would Rewrite Swath of U.S. Laws
- Clarissa Martínez-De-Castro, director of Immigration and National Campaigns at the National Council of La Raza As Congress Stalls on Immigration Deal, Obama Poised to Deport Two Millionth Immigrant
- Clarissa Martínez-De-Castro with Javier Cortez & Javier Calderon "Undocumented and Unafraid": 30 Immigrants Detained Crossing Into U.S. at Border Protest
- Max Blumenthal, award-winning journalist and best-selling author Max Blumenthal on "Goliath: Life and Loathing in Greater Israel"
GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders »»» FEATURED SHOW Nona Hendryx on Sekou Sundiata: Dropping Revolution like a Pick Up Line Nona Hendryx, friend of the late Sekou Sundiata, talks with Flanders about the retrospective of his work taking place this year in NY. Said Sundiata "Why don't we get our hopes up too high?" more.....
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© »»» NASCAR on ESPN It's the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series at Kansas pres. by Dodge Durango at Kansas Speedway! 2 pm et »»» SUNDAY MLB PLAYOFFS on TBS Cardinals @ Pirates 4:37 pm et AND Braves @ Dodgers 8:07 pm et »»» SUNDAY FOOTBALL NIGHT IN AMERICA on NBC Texans @ 49ers 8:30 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
STOP the ACHE NEW WEBSITE! AcheAct.org and Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communities. The A.C.H.E. Act Is Re-Introduced In The 113th Congress!
- Washington, DC – Today a group of U.S. House of Representatives lawmakers introduced the Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act (ACHE Act, H.R. 526) to protect Appalachian families and communities from the nation’s most extreme form of coal mining, mountaintop removal. The Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act’s leading sponsors are Rep. John Yarmuth (D-KY) and Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY), joined by original cosponsors Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), Rep. Rush Holt (D-NJ), Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-AZ), Rep. John Sarbanes (D-MD), Rep. Jim Moran (D-VA), Rep. Donna Edwards (D-MD), Rep. Judy Chu (D-CA), Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY), Rep. Jared Huffman (D-CA), Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), Rep. Michael Honda (D-CA), Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR), Rep. Matt Cartwright (D-PA), Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT), Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard (D-CA), Rep. Chellie Pingree (D-ME), Rep. Janice Schakowksy (D-IL), Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA), Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC), and Rep. Jared Polis (DCO).
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Meet the New CISPA. Same as the Old CISPA. Last year, thanks to a public outcry, the effort to pass overreaching cybersecurity legislation stalled in the Senate. Now supporters have reintroduced the House version of that legislation — the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA). The “new” version is in fact identical to the original CISPA — and poses the same threat to our digital civil liberties. If CISPA becomes law, it will be a major blow to our online privacy. But more than that, CISPA’s passage would have a chilling effect on our freedom to connect online. We won’t feel as free to state unpopular opinions, or to speak truth to power, if we know that Big Brother could get a feed of everything we say and do. This is not what the free and open Internet is about. We must tell Congress: Vote NO on CISPA and bury this bill for good.
NEW!!! Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice.3 These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com and check out his latest effort DontAttackSyria.com!
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network From the Bradley Manning Support Network Announcing the Private Manning Support Network! August 26, 2013, By attorney David Coombs and the Private Manning Support Network (formerly the Bradley Manning Support Network). Additional clarification on PVT Chelsea (formerly Bradley) Manning's request regarding her gender and name. With your continued support, our network will continue its advocacy efforts in support our heroic WikiLeaks whistle-blower through this new phase of her life. ....... UPDATE! Campaign's October 2013 newsletter PDF available September 24, 2013. Download, view, print and share our October 2013 campaign newsletter! Includes Pvt. Manning's letter to President Obama, reactions to the 35 year sentence from observers and Manning's family, and next steps for our campaign AND Update 10/3/13: "Who is Chelsea Manning?" wins best project award at NYC art festival The award winning art installation, created with hundreds of flags hung above the street, flapped loudly in the wind inviting passerby's to answer the question "Who is Chelsea Manning?" Artist Kyle Koen is interviewed by Buzzfeed author Lily Hiott-Millis. .....
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources. WATCH THIS MOVIE at Top Documentary Films Resonance: Beings of Frequency Now we live an an ocean of electromagnetic radiation. It’s all around us now, invisible, but we know it’s there. Every time you lift up your mobile phone you know it’s there. It is very hard to turn the clock back, in fact it is impossible, but we need to be aware of the adverse health effects so that we can have the choice of taking precautions against the exposures. How we could have possibly thought that putting microwaves to our brain was safe. We just don’t fully understand what we’re doing. "Resonance: Beings of Frequency" is the first documentary to investigate the actual mechanisms by which mobile phone technology can cause cancer. The film takes a deeper look at how humanity is reacting to the most profound environmental change the planet has ever seen. Read more HERE!!
B R I C K T E E V E E The essential guide for watching government propaganda! THEY report. YOU throw bricks.© Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE! IRAQ: 4,486 US Military Dead as of April 21, 2012 AFGHANISTAN: 2,272 US Military Dead as of Sept 20, 2013 The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises MOCKINGBIRD: The Subversion Of The Free Press By The CIA Who Owns The Media? The 6 Monolithic Corporations That Control Almost Everything We Watch, Hear And Read
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
• House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH)
• Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y.
• Rep. Mick Mulvaney, R-S.C.
• ROUNDTABLE: ABC News’ Jonathan Karl and Cokie Roberts, Wall Street Journal editorial page editor Paul Gigot, Starfish Media Group CEO Soledad O’Brien, and former Lead Auto Adviser and Counselor to the Treasury Secretary Steven Rattner.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas
• Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew
• Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netynyahu
• wo key House members from the Budget Committee, Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) and Rep. Chris Van Hollen, D-Md.
• ROUNDTABLE: PBS' Gwen Ifill, The Washington Post's Dana Milbank, POLITICO's Jim VandeHei and CBS News Political Director John Dickerson.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• Disability, USA - Steve Kroft reports on the alarming state of the federal disability program, which has exploded in size in the last six years and could become the first federal benefits program to run out of money. James Jacoby and Michael Karzis are the producers.
• Super 6-1 - Most Americans know what happened during America's first battle against al Qaeda 20 years ago thanks to the Oscar-winning film, "Black Hawk Down." Now for the first time, they can see how the actual battle unfolded in never-before-seen footage obtained by 60 Minutes and from eyewitnesses. Lara Logan reports. Max McClellan is the producer.
• Cosmic Roulette - It is estimated that there are a million asteroids in space big enough to destroy a city, and scientists only know where one percent of them are. Anderson Cooper reports. Andy Court is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• EXCLUSIVE: Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY)
• Treasury Secretary Jack Lew
• ROUNDTABLE: Chair of the Congressional Black Caucus Rep. Marcia Fudge (D-OH); Republican strategist Mike Murphy; Host of NPR’s Morning Edition, Steve Inskeep; and editor of the National Review, Rich Lowry.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines and at noon ET.
• Treasury secretary Jack Lew
• Republican Senator Ted Cruz
• Former Vermont Governor and DNC Chief Howard Dean
• ROUNDTABLE: Rep. Donna Edwards, Rep. Steve king, CNN crossfire host Stephanie Cutter and CNN Political Commentator Ross Douthat.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• Thorn in the Side Thursday!! Bob wraps up the news of the week! Listen NOW HERE - Thursday, October 3rd, 2013 (mp3)! Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Keep Bob on the air! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - October 3, 2013 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Non-essential FEMA workers essential after all, as potential hurricane threatens Gulf Coast; Russia charges Greenpeace activists with piracy; Tesla electric car battery catches fire; Do cities have a right to ban plastic bags?; PLUS: What the corporate media didn't tell you about the new UN climate report ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Fracking wastewater contaminated Pennsylvania streambeds; BP's well control exec says he was unprepared for U.S. Gulf blowout; Australia: Hottest September on record; More leaks at Fukushima; More bad news for Minnesota moose; Methane more potent greenhouse gas than previously thought; Farming vs. hunting on grasslands; Ocean acidification rises to record levels: "The next mass extinction may have already begun"; Monsanto buys climate change forecasting company; ... PLUS: If You Distrust Vaccines, You're More Likely to Think NASA Faked the Moon Landings ... and much, MUCH more!
• 'Green News Report' - October 1, 2013 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Government Shutdown-palooza begins, and it affects a lot of 'green' stuff; It's Yosemite National Park's 123rd birthday - but Yosemite's now closed, too; Florida sues Georgia over water; India to build world's largest solar plant; PLUS: BP back in court over Gulf Oil Disaster ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! DoJ Sues to Block NC Vote Suppression Law Complaint seeks to block key elements of nation's worst voting restrictions since Jim Crow era, require federal approval for new election laws in Tar Heel State...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! VIDEO! 'America's Political Prisoner: Don Siegelman' - Brad on Hartmann's 'Big Picture' The outrageous prosecution of AL's former Dem governor vs. the free ride for former GOP House Rep, 'money launderer' Tom DeLay...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! SB 360 APPROVED IN CA Gov. Jerry Brown signs radical, Dem-supported election reform bill, ending all requirements for federal testing of new e-voting systems, allowing for uncertified 'pilot' systems to be used in 'legally binding elections'...
• BRADCAST! KPFK 'BradCast': GOP Shutdown, 'ObamaCare' Lies As the GOP hoists themselves even farther on their own petard, we attempt to correct the 'ObamaCare' myths that the mainstream corporate media just can't seem to...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC Hosting Livestream Video Interview of Heidi Boghosian, October 2 6pm PDT Heidi Boghosian, author of Spying on Democracy and executive director of the National Lawyers Guild, will join me for a live video interview on Wednesday, October 2 at 6pm Pacific time. Full details, including a link to the livestream and how you can join the discussion are here.
• PBC News & Comment Oct. 3, 2013 PBC News & Comment: FBI Crackin’ Code at Lavabit, Silk Road Ed Snowden sent encrypted emails on Lavabit, whose owner shut it down rather than give FBI the code keys…… Podcast:
• PBC News & Comment Oct. 4, 2013 PBC News & Comment: Legal Schnauzer’s Roger Shuler Needs Our Help! Roger Shuler, the dogged investigative blogger who’s exposed the cesspool of politicians and judges in Alabama, urgently needs our help!….
• PBC Standard Podcast Oct. 2, 2013 Prof. Chris Pyle on NSA Spying on Elected Officials, Past & Present; Novelist Ray Bourhis on “the Secession of Mill Valley”
• PBC Standard Podcast Oct. 4, 2013Special Video Interview: National Lawyer’s Guild’s Heidi Boghosian on Her New Book, “Spying on Democracy”
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Weekend on Ring of Fire Radio! Oct. 4, 2013 Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern.
• Climate scientist and author Michael Mann will join us to discuss the new IPCC report, and we’ll find out what it means for the future of the planet.
• Author and journalist David Sirota will be here to tell us how state governments are looting public pension funds.
• RL Miller, chair of California Democratic Party’s Environmental Caucus, will tell us about the fight to put an end to dangerous fracking activities in California.
• And America Blog contributing editor Gaius Publius will tell us why the cleanup of the Fukushima nuclear power plant could be an environmental disaster.
• NEW! This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! Oct 5, 2013 Sundays at NOON!
»» Ring of Fire co-host Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. talks about the surveillance efforts of the FBI; an agency that is acting above the law.
»» Attorneys Howard Nations and Kerry Jardine talk about the federal dollars going to pay low-wage construction workers, while contractors reward themselves with millions in pay.
»» Attorney Joe Cotchett and investigative journalist Rick Outzen will tell us about the GOP’s idea deficit, and how once prominent think tanks have lost power.
»» Attorney Peter Mougey will discuss the legal loopholes used by big banks that keeps them from being sued for their crimes.
»» Attorney David Haynes will talk about the legal issues facing those who helped navy yard shooter Aaron Alexis get his hands on deadly weapons.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at email@example.com if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.”
• VIDEO! Progressives Fight Back…And Win (VIDEO) This segment originally aired on the September 29th, 2013 episode of Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV. Things are looking up for the progressive movement, as a string of recent political victories can be linked back to grassroots mobilization on their behalf. Is this the dawn of a new progressive era for America? Ring of Fire guest host Farron Cousins speaks about this with Shane Farnan, co-host of Talking Left on We Act Radio.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Crazy Is Good For Tea Party Circus (VIDEO) It’s hard to imagine that even the delusional, disconnected Teabag Republicans don’t care that 73% of the American public thinks they are deranged dopes. But there is a reason they don’t care. The only voters they are trying to appeal to are the Teabag boneheads in their mostly southern states who sent them to Congress in the first place......
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Sept. 27, 2013 featuring the top stories from Ring of Fire from the past week.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 9/30/13 Matt Taibbi: The Enron Style Conspiracy To Destroy Our Pensions
• TUESDAY 10/1/13 Martin Gilens: Affluence & Influence
• WEDNESDAY 10/2/13 Tim Murphy: Why The Republicans Love The Shutdown
• THURSDAY 10/3/13 The GOP's Cruel & Confused Gov Shutdown & Where Its Going
• FRIDAY 10/4/13 Casual Friday: Cliff Schecter & Randy Credico
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• The Federal Reserve 100th Anniversary Road Show Spectacular! by alexschaefer - Paint Provocateur Alex Schaefer wants to say “Happy Birthday, Federal Reserve!’ You made it to 100 years of conducting the nation’s monetary policy! Since mainstream media didn’t send a card, a painter, a protestor, a filmmaker, a freedom fighter and a mad crew are going on a road trip across the USA to visit all twelve of your branches to help you celebrate! Come rain or monkey shines, they are on a mission to throw the birthday party nightmares are made of. A party to highlight the historic END of the original 100 year charter the Federal Reserve Bank has with the U.S. Government December 23rd, 2013! CLICK HERE FOR THE CROWDFUNDING CAMPAIGN & HELP GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD! Lots of great donation perks, all original works of art by Alex Schaefer and Cain Motter! This is a great way to collect some art AND help fund this amazing journey and film. It’s a win-win situation! Let’s some history and shake things up around here!
• Assange: How cryptography is a key weapon in the fight against empire states by maxkeiser - READ What began as a means of retaining individual freedom can now be used by smaller states to fend off the ambitions of larger ones (guardian.co.uk)
• AUDIO: Eric King interviews David Stockman…. Good Stuff!!! by MaxKeiser - READ David Stockman – The Crisis Today Is Far Worse Than 1981
• Forex manipulation story breaking by Stacy Herbert - Stacy Summary: The news broke earlier that Swiss regulators are probing banks over foreign exchange market manipulation. The forex market is an over $4 trillion per DAY market. And we covered this story a few weeks ago on Keiser Report based on Bloomberg.com’s analysis of market action at the end of the day – banging the close. .....
• The True Story Behind Edward Snowden’s Email Service Provider Lavabit Submitted by Michael Krieger of Liberty Blitzkrieg - A month ago, the tech world was abuzz with news that Ladar Levison decided to shutter his encrypted email service Lavabit, rather than betray the trust of his clients by selling out their privacy to the U.S. government. The writing was on the wall, and shortly thereafter another encrypted email service, Silent Circle, made a similar decision to shutdown. Well two months later we finally have some more information about what went down behind the scenes, all of which demonstrate the true American hero that Mr. Levison really is… READ the rest HERE (libertyblitzkrieg.com)
• KEISER REPORT [KR504] Keiser Report: Side Effects of Cameron’s Ponzi We discuss the paradox of negative side effects warnings driving an increase in sales to consumer chumps and how this applies to David Cameron’s economic policy of a housing ponzi scheme. In the second half, Max interviews Satyajit Das, author of Extreme Money, about QE Forever as the Strawberry Fields of our day and about terming out the debt in Europe until eventually we have 99 year loans paying zero percent interest. And, finally, they discuss the reality that we are living in a hedge fund world operating on the tactic that too big to fail banks are now the equivalent to sovereigns.
• KEISER REPORT [KR505] Keiser Report: JP Morgan’s Financial Herpes We discuss the Lilliputian view on fraud and theft and how this applies to the chief banking knaves at JPMorgan. In the second half, Max interviews Marc Armstrong of PublicBanking.org about turning depositors into shareholders as a fraud recipe shared amongst the Too-Big-To-Fail banks. With public banking, interest is returned to the economy from whence it came.
• KEISER REPORT [KR506] Keiser Report: Working Class Debt Slaves We discuss David Cameron as a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) which causes the wealth of the nation to drop. They also discuss Continuous Payment Authorities as a metaphor for our financial systems continuously taking toll payments, whether via interest fees or inflation. Max also notes that David Cameron claims ‘profits’ is not a dirty word; and yet, to every major, successful corporation on Earth “profits’ is, indeed, a word to be avoided at all costs. In the second half, Max interviews Dr Michael Hudson of michael-hudson.com about the global economic policies turning the UK into Greece and the U.S. into Latvia and a world in which only the little companies make profits.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1290] The Truth About Markets – 28 September 2013 Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday, excluding Thursday, from 12-2 PM Eastern HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show 10/3/13 Gareth Porter: Gareth Porter, an independent investigative journalist and historian, discusses the Obama administration’s duplicitous and reactionary Iran policy; why even Netanyahu’s biggest fans are getting tired of his inflammatory rhetoric; and the great opportunity for US-Iran reconciliation while Rouhani is president.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 10/3/13 Jacob Hornbergeri: Jacob Hornberger, the founder and president of The Future of Freedom Foundation, discusses the 40th anniversary of the Chilean military coup; the US military and CIA’s role in the coup and execution of two US citizens; why Congress has never bothered to hold hearings; the conservatives who still admire Pinochet and the torture of civilians in the war on communism; and a couple books on his recommended reading list: Michael Swanson’s The War State and Stephen Kinzer’s The Brothers.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 10/4/13 Michael Boldin: Michael Boldin, founder and executive director of the Tenth Amendment Center, discusses the states’ rights approach to fighting NSA spying on Americans; the unlikely coalition that pushed through the NDAA-defying California Liberty Preservation Act (AB-351); and using anti-commandeering court precedents to withhold water and power from NSA data centers in Utah and Texas.
• SCOTT HORTON July 5, 2012: Scott says goodbye to Antiwar.com. Scott Horton is the former host of Antiwar Radio. Visit his blog Stress. Due to budget cuts Scott lost his gig at AntiWarRadio.com! Whoa! See ScottHortonShow.com for archives! Send emails to Scott at scotthorton.org to help Scott keep his podcast going!
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Treasury Secretary Jack Lew
• Rep Pete King (R-NY)
• Rep Tom Graves (R-GA)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml