Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks! First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER!
Mid Summer Special! We at BTV believe it's BETTER TO KNOW MORE THAN NOT ENOUGH. Click ANYTHING and be INSTANTLY SMARTER! Dog Days are coming as the DO NOTHING 113th United States Congress gets a nice SIX-WEEK VaCa (remember the last time you had 6 wks off in a row? heh.) This headline at ThinkProgress.org highlights just how irrational, idiotic and dysfunctional the Republicans are now: Boehner Encourages Obama To Take Executive Action, One Day After Voting To Sue Obama Over Executive Action! We just can't make this shit up! Click over for the bizzarre details! FOLLOWING UP on last week's BTV Last Word Lee Fang now reports that a Comcast-Affiliated News Site Censored My Article About Net Neutrality Lobbying In a move that smacks off censorship, Republic Report has discovered that a telecom industry-affiliated lobbying group successfully persuaded an African-American news website to remove an article that reported critically on the groups advocating against net neutrality. The order to delete the article came from the website’s parent company, a business partner to Comcast. ........... For a short period, NewsOne, a news site geared towards the African-American community, posted the piece along with its own commentary. Then, the NewsOne article with my reporting disappeared. ............... According to discussions with several people at NewsOne, including an editor there, the decision to take down the article came from corporate headquarters. NewsOne editor Abena Agyeman-Fisher told Republic Report, “The company didn’t feel it was appropriate to have up and we were supposed to take it down.” NewsOne is owned by Radio One, a company with a 50.9 percent [controlling] stake in a business partnership with Comcast, known as TV One. NewsOne was also contacted by a lobbying group called the Minority Media and Telecommunications Council (MMTC), an organization that has gained infamy for frequently mobilizing black, Latino and Asian-American groups to advocate on behalf of telecom industry-friendly positions, including recent big media mergers............ Contacted by Republic Report, MMTC president David Honig confirmed that he reached out to NewsOne, and also stood by Turner-Lee’s comments from earlier this week. Asked about the “digital lynch mob” comment, Honig e-mailed us to say, “I stand with Dr. Turner Lee’s assessment of the various hit pieces written by you and others. She spoke in the vernacular of the movement to which she has devoted her life, and is referencing the divide and conquer tactics used for decades to undermine the civil rights movement.” Regarding the claim that no “true civil rights leaders” support reclassification, Honig replied, “she was correct. Not one of the leaders of the major national civil rights membership organizations has endorsed Title II reclassification.” In fact, many civil rights groups and activists support reclassification and strong net neutrality protections. Reached by Republic Report, the organizations were livid about MMTC’s insults and the decision by NewsOne to retract its story. “MMTC is not the arbiter of who is and who is not a true civil rights group,” says Jessica Gonzalez, vice president of the National Hispanic Media Coalition, which represents a broad coalition in support of net neutrality through reclassification. “For them to claim anyone who supports reclassification is not a true civil rights group is just laughable. We have gone to the mat for our community for decades.” “It’s disturbing that an online news site would remove a story just because its owners and their allies might not like it,” said Joseph Torres of Free Press..... WOW. Get the rest of the details at RepublicReport.org! Nothing like good old-fashioned CORPORATE PRESS CENSORSHIP, eh? Good on LEE FANG for calling out Radio One/NewsOne/Comcast out on this. More blatant media bias in a bit. OVER AT TechDirt.com Mike Masnick reports from the "say-what-now?" dept. (and we'll add the "DC-corporate-revolving-door" dept.) Keith Alexander: I'm Worth $1 Million Per Month Because I'm Patenting A Way To Stop Hackers (Which I Didn't Tell The NSA) The Keith Alexander story just keeps getting more and more bizarre. Almost immediately after retiring from the top position at the NSA, where he oversaw the total failure of the NSA's supposed "100% auditing" system, allowing Ed Snowden (and who knows how many others) to escape with all sorts of documents, Alexander announced that he had set up a cybersecurity firm -- with the ridiculously Hollywood-ish name of IronNet Cybersecurity. A month ago, it was revealed that he's going around asking banks to pay him $1 million per month for his "expertise." That caused a few to wonder if he's selling classified info, because really, what else could he offer? Alexander has a new answer: Patents! Yes, Keith Alexander is claiming that he has an amazing new anti-hacker technique that is brilliant and wonderful and deserving of at least nine patents. According to Shane Harris over at Foreign Policy:
- Alexander said he'll file at least nine patents, and possibly more, for a system to detect so-called advanced persistent threats, or hackers who clandestinely burrow into a computer network in order to steal secrets or damage the network itself. It was those kinds of hackers who Alexander, when he was running the NSA, said were responsible for "the greatest transfer of wealth in American history" because they were routinely stealing trade secrets and competitive information from U.S. companies and giving it to their competitors, often in China.
- The tone of the [CIA] announcement sharply contrasts with the unprecedented battle that erupted over the issue between the spy agency and its congressional overseers and appears to represent an attempt to ease what have been seriously icy relations. In a contentious Senate floor speech in March, Feinstein asserted that the CIA may have violated the law and the Constitution by monitoring her staff’s computers and blocking access to documents.
Offering additional context and commentary, FireDogLake's Kevin Gosztola remarked:
- It is, perhaps, remarkable that a spokesperson is even speaking to reporters and sharing details of an apology. One probably did not expect Brennan to apologize. Such a development indicates how corrupt this act by the CIA must have been. The effort was part of policy at the CIA to conceal evidence related to torture, rendition and detention, to publicly mislead or even lie about the efficacy of torture, rendition and detention in fighting terrorism and to ensure no former or current CIA officials were ever prosecuted for what they did. ...... Yet, Brennan does not have to worry at all about being prosecuted or fired from his job as CIA director. It is entirely up to him whether he should step down or not. Obama will not be asking for his resignation over this misconduct.
- .......And last year, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper lied under oath to Congress when he told Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) and the Senate Intelligence Committee that the National Security Agency did not collect any kind of data on millions of Americans, a claim later disproved by documents leaked by former NSA employee Edward Snowden. Despite Clapper receiving criticism from both sides of the aisle, the damage to Clapper’s and the White House’s credibility on intelligence and civil liberties issues and, well, the fact that lying to Congress is a crime (though one that’s difficult to prosecute), Obama has not disciplined Clapper in any way.
IN A RELATED MATTER from Friday July 25th Kevin Gosztola at FireDogLake's The Dissenter blog covers how US Media Outlets Cite Israeli Military Propaganda, Cast Doubt on Whether Israel Bombed UN-Run School After shelling a Gaza school run by the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA), where Palestinian refugees were being sheltered, Israel immediately sought to blame Hamas for an attack that resulted in 16 people being killed and at least 200 people being wounded. The Israeli military forces immediately claimed that “rockets launched by Hamas had landed in the Beit Hanoun area during fighting with its forces, and that those rockets may be responsible for the deaths.” Then, a spokesperson for the military said it did not know if the school was hit by a “stray shell” from the military or a “Hamas fire.” Then, the military indicated it had been coordinating with the UNRWA to evacuate the school, the UNRWA had given the Israeli military coordinates for the school and the military had “fired mortars in the area of the school.” The military additionally claimed Hamas had fired at the school, though no survivors had reported such fire. It did not matter that there was no evidence to support Israel’s version of events. Major United States media outlets went along with what Israel’s military claimed, creating unjustified doubt about Israel’s responsibility for another horrific act. They vaguely, and without confirmed reporting, presented the deaths as the result of refugees caught in the “crossfire.” First off, there were a few outlets that seemed to get the story right. NBC News’ Ayman Mohyeldin said on MSNBC’s “All In” with Chris Hayes, “The style and the type of the shelling was very consistent with what [UN officials] believe to be Israeli shelling of the area.” NBC News produced a report in which UNRWA director Robert Turner said the agency could not say with certainty but “initial indication would be that it came from Israeli forces.” And, although Israeli Defense Forces claim Hamas may have been using the school’s refugees as “human shields,” Turner said there were no militants and they had been strict about maintaining the shelter’s neutrality. Importantly, the NBC News report noted that this was the fourth attack on a UN school in four days. ................... But CNN, the New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, the Washington Post, Reuters, the Associated Press and NPR were each outlets that chose to give weight to claims from Israel that could not be confirmed. They opted to ignore a report from The Guardian’s Peter Beaumont, one of the only reporters who went to the scene of the attack. No Evidence of Debris from Palestinian Rockets Beaumont reported:
- …Although missiles belonging to Hamas and other armed Palestinian groups in Gaza do sometimes fall short, there was no visible evidence of debris from broken Palestinian rockets in the school. The injuries and the number of fatalities were consistent with a powerful explosion that sent shrapnel tearing through the air, in some cases causing traumatic amputations. The surrounding neighborhood bore evidence of multiple Israeli attacks, including smoke from numerous artillery rounds and air strikes. One building was entirely engulfed by flames…
- The Intercept's Jeremy Scahill and Ryan Devereaux BLACKLISTED: The Secret Government Rulebook For Labeling You a Terrorist
- US: Surveillance Harming Journalism, Law, Democracy - Government Spying Undermines Media Freedom and Right to Counsel
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
- Sharif Abdel Kouddous, independent journalist and Democracy Now! correspondent reporting from Gaza During Brief Lull, Gazans Return to Neighborhoods Destroyed and Bodies Beneath the Rubble
- Amer Shurrab, Palestinian from Khan Younis in the Gaza Strip What Do Gazans Endure? A Palestinian Student Who Lost 2 Brothers, 4 Cousins Tells His Story
- Ilan Pappé, professor of history and the director of the European Centre for Palestine Studies at the University of Exeter Professor Ilan Pappé: Israel Has Chosen to be a "Racist Apartheid State" with U.S. Support
- Sharif Abdel Kouddous in Gaza "Nowhere to Go": Gaza Suffers One of Deadliest Days So Far as Israel Vows "Protracted" Assault
- Mohammed Omer, award-winning Palestinian journalist reporting from Gaza Palestinian Journalist Mohammed Omer: Lifting the Blockade Isn’t a Hamas Demand — It’s a Human Right
- Jeremy Scahill & Ryan Devereaux, staff reporters with The Intercept Jeremy Scahill: Leaked U.S. Terrorist Watchlist Rulebook Reveals "Global Stop and Frisk Program"
- Scahill & Alex Sinha, Aryeh Neier fellow at Human Rights Watch and the American Civil Liberties Union Mass U.S. Surveillance Targeting Journalists and Lawyers Seen as Threat to American Democracy
- Sharif Abdel Kouddous, independent journalist and Democracy Now! correspondent reporting from Gaza They Thought They’d Be Safe. They Were Wrong": 20 Gazans Killed in Israeli Bombing of U.N. Shelter
- Henry Siegman, president of the U.S./Middle East Project Henry Siegman, Leading Voice of U.S. Jewry, on Gaza: "A Slaughter of Innocents"
- Christopher Gunness, spokesperson for the the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA) "Enough Blood Has Been Spilled": Israel Condemned for Striking U.N. Shelter as Death Toll Tops 1300
- Henry Siegman, president of the U.S./Middle East Project U.S. Jewish Leader Henry Siegman to Israel: Stop Killing Palestinians and End the Occupation
- Theodore Postol, professor of science, technology and national security policy at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Iron Dome or Iron Sieve? Evidence Questions Effectiveness of U.S.-Funded Israeli Missile Shield Click here to watch part 2 of this interview.
- Raji Sourani, director of the Palestinian Center for Human Rights in Gaza As Gaza Ceasefire Collapses, Israel Kills Dozens Following Soldier’s Capture in Rafah
- More Raji Sourani Gazan Human Rights Lawyer Pleads to U.S.: We Deserve to be Protected, Not Bombed with Your Weapons
- Yousef Munayyer, executive director of the Jerusalem Fund and its educational program, the Palestine Center Recipe for Lasting Ceasefire? Lifting Israeli Siege & Int’l Accountability Could Break Status Quo
- Sunjeev Bery, director of Middle East/North Africa advocacy at Amnesty International USA Amnesty International: U.S. Should Stop Arming Israel Amid "Growing Evidence of War Crimes in Gaza"
- Jonathan Landay, senior national security and intelligence correspondent for McClatchy Newspapers John Brennan Faces Calls to Resign After CIA Admits to Spying on Senate Torture Probe His most recent article, co-authored with Ali Watkins, is called "CIA Admits It Broke into Senate Computers; Senators Call for Spy Chief’s Ouster."
GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders »»» FEATURED SHOW Hilary Abell: Scaling Worker CooperativesCo-operative veteran Hilary Abell explores these concerns in the new report "Worker Cooperatives: Pathways to Scale." Might some of today's many small businesses be ripe for transitioning into worker-owned co-operatives? ...... more!
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!© »»» NASCAR on ESPN Sprint Cup Series at Pocono Raceway! Coverage begins at 1 pm et »»» MLB on TBS Angels @ Rays 1:40 pm et »»» SUNDAY NIGHT BASEBALL on ESPN Yankees @ Red Sox 8 pm et »»» MONDAY NIGHT BASEBALL on ESPN Tigers @ Yankees 7 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!© The 1st Amendment is Our Permit Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms "the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances." When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
StrikeDebt.org & RollingJubilee.org! A bailout of the people by the people Rolling Jubilee is a Strike Debt project that buys debt for pennies on the dollar, but instead of collecting it, abolishes it. Together we can liberate debtors at random through a campaign of mutual support, good will, and collective refusal. Debt resistance is just the beginning. Join us as we imagine and create a new world based on the common good, not Wall Street profits. ADDENDUM: Naked Capitalism reports Top Tax Expert Confirms Our Doubts About Occupy Wall Street’s Debt Buying/Forgiveness Scheme
STOP the ACHE NEW WEBSITE! AcheAct.org and Appalachian Community HEALTH EMERGENCY Advocating for government action and protection of the public from the health crisis in mountain top removal communities. The A.C.H.E. Act Is Re-Introduced In The 113th Congress!
- Washington, DC – Today a group of U.S. House of Representatives lawmakers introduced the Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act (ACHE Act, H.R. 526) to protect Appalachian families and communities from the nation’s most extreme form of coal mining, mountaintop removal. The Appalachian Community Health Emergency Act’s leading sponsors are Rep. John Yarmuth (D-KY) and Rep. Louise Slaughter (D-NY), joined by original cosponsors Rep. Earl Blumenauer (D-OR), Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), Rep. Rush Holt (D-NJ), Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-AZ), Rep. John Sarbanes (D-MD), Rep. Jim Moran (D-VA), Rep. Donna Edwards (D-MD), Rep. Judy Chu (D-CA), Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY), Rep. Jared Huffman (D-CA), Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA), Rep. Michael Honda (D-CA), Rep. Peter DeFazio (D-OR), Rep. Matt Cartwright (D-PA), Rep. Rosa DeLauro (D-CT), Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard (D-CA), Rep. Chellie Pingree (D-ME), Rep. Janice Schakowksy (D-IL), Rep. Jim McDermott (D-WA), Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC), and Rep. Jared Polis (DCO).
Community-Wealth.org community-wealth.org a project of the Democracy Collaborative at the University of Maryland Community-Wealth.org brings together, for the first time, information about the broad range of community wealth building activity. Featuring Overview: The Cleveland Model—How the Evergreen Cooperatives are Building Community Wealth Something important is happening in Cleveland. The Democracy Collaborative—the host of C-W.org—in partnership with the Cleveland Foundation, the Ohio Employee Ownership Center, Shorebank Enterprise Cleveland, the City of Cleveland, and the city's major hospitals and universities—is helping to implement a new model of large-scale worker-owned and community-benefiting businesses. The Evergreen Cooperative Initiative is beginning to build serious momentum in one of the cities most dramatically impacted by the nation's decaying economy. Increasingly, this model is being referred to nationally as The Cleveland Model. Initial planning is now underway to assist other cities in Ohio and nationwide to replicate and adapt this innovative approach to economic development, green job creation, and neighborhood stabilization. Find more many resources at Community-Wealth.org!
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.com Declaration of Internet Freedom Tired of fighting bad bills like SOPA, PIPA and CISPA? Want to stand up against those who are trying to control what we do and say online? It's time for something different. A group of more than 1,500 organizations, academics, startup founders and tech innovators has come together to produce a Declaration of Internet Freedom, a set of five principles that put forward a positive vision of the open Internet. Our goal: Get millions of Internet users to sign on to this Declaration. Build political power for Internet users to make sure that we get a seat at the table whenever, and wherever, the future of the Internet is being decided. It's time to stop playing defense and start going on the offensive. The open Internet is central to people’s freedom to communicate, share, advocate and innovate in the 21st century. But powerful interests want to censor free speech, block the sharing of information, hinder innovation and control how Internet users get online. And all too often, people in power are making political decisions behind closed doors about how the Internet should operate — and they're doing this without the involvement of actual Internet users. The result: policies that could close down the open Internet and destroy our freedom to connect. It’s time for us to reclaim the Internet for its users. Take action now and sign the Declaration of Internet Freedom. ACTION! Stop the FCC from Breaking the Internet The Federal Communications Commission is proposing rules that would kill — rather than protect — Net Neutrality and allow rampant discrimination online. Under these rules, telecom giants like AT&T, Comcast and Verizon would be able to pick winners and losers online and discriminate against online content and applications. And no one would be able to do anything about it. We must stop the FCC from moving forward with these rules, which would give the green light to ISPs eager to crush Net Neutrality. The agency can preserve Net Neutrality only by designating broadband as a telecommunications service under the law. Anything else is an attack on our rights to connect and communicate. Tell FCC Chairman Wheeler to throw out his proposed rules. Demand nothing less than real Net Neutrality. SIGN NOW at Stop the FCC from Breaking the Internet at freepress.net NOW. Join the Day of Action on May 15! The Internet will rise up online and take to the streets. SIGN UP HERE to learn more!
Stop Media Consolidation! Federal Communications Commission Chairman Julius Genachowski is trying to change the agency’s ownership rules to pave the way for Murdoch to get exactly what he wants. Worse, Genachowski and Murdoch are keeping this all very hush-hush, hoping you won't notice. These changes wouldn’t just benefit Murdoch. If the FCC proposal passes, one company could own the major daily newspaper, two TV stations and up to eight radio stations in your town. And that one company could be your Internet provider, too. What is the FCC thinking?!? We can still stop the agency from taking this perilous step — but we have less than a month to do it. By taking action, you’re joining a movement of millions who are working to stop big media from getting even bigger. Please take action today. Click HERE to view our infographic and send a message to the FCC! More info at Another FCC Cave-In: Julius Genachowski’s Media Consolidation Christmas Gift to Murdoch at StopTheCap.com! And Sign Senator Bernie Sanders petition to the FCC Protect Media Diversity: Stop Media Consolidation! NEW!!! NATION ACTION! Stop the Comcast/Time Warner Cable Merger! GO THERE NOW!
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! And check out more actions on the Move to Amend Calendar for more! UPDATE! Legalize Democracy Film Premieres on Free Speech TV Jan 21 Move to Amend is thrilled to announce that the premiere of our mini documentary, Legalize Democracy, will be airing on Free Speech TV (FSTV) next week to coincide with the "anniversary" of Citizens United. Legalize Democracy is a 28 minute film by Dennis Trainor, Jr. about the movement to amend -- why it is needed, and how you can get involved. Watch live on our website here. Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net GET INVOLVED! And Alan Grayson is BACK in the 113th Congress! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com and check out his latest effort DontAttackSyria.com!
REPRESENT.US IT’S TIME TO GET MONEY OUT OF POLITICS SO THE GOVERNMENT CAN REPRESENT US. Represent.Us is a fresh campaign to pass the American Anti-Corruption Act: a law that would overhaul campaign finance, impose strict lobbying and conflict of interest laws, and end secret political money. We are mobilizing millions of Americans — conservatives and progressives, young and old, every issue group fighting K Street, online and offline — to join this campaign. Represent.Us is not just building a movement to pass the Act. The campaign will use hard-hitting accountability tactics to unseat politicians who fail to endorse the Act. If passed, the Act will completely reshape American politics and policy-making and give people a voice. See this Guest Blog at Greenpeace by Executive Director Josh Silver The $6 Billion Auction: Finally, A Plan to Get Money Out of Politics for more information!
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org and Bradley Manning Support Network From the Bradley Manning Support Network Announcing the "Chelsea Manning Support Network" March 19, 2014. By CMSN. PVT Manning has filed to change her name legally to "Chelsea Elizabeth Manning" and to receive hormone therapy. To show our support in this struggle, we are renaming ourselves to the "Chelsea Manning Support Network." ..... UPDATE! An Appeal from Daniel Ellsberg I have been waiting forty years for a legal process to at long last prove the unconstitutionality of the Espionage Act as applied to whistle-blowers (the Supreme Court has never yet addressed this issue). This appeals process can accomplish that, and it can reduce Chelsea’s sentence by decades. But unfortunately, without your help today it will not happen....... AND Amnesty renews call on US govt to free Manning July 30, 2014. Exactly one year after Chelsea Manning was convicted, Amnesty International is renewing its call on the US authorities to grant her clemency, release her immediately, and to urgently investigate the potential human rights violations exposed by the leaks.......
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
CELLULAR PHONE TASK FORCE EDUCATION, ADVOCACY, SUPPORT at CellPhoneTaskForce.org The Cellular Phone Task Force is dedicated to halting the expansion of wireless technology because it cannot be made safe. We provide: education to the public concerning electromagnetic pollution (electrosmog); advocacy for an electromagnetically cleaner environment; support for individuals disabled by radiation from wireless technology and other sources. WATCH THIS MOVIE at Top Documentary Films Resonance: Beings of Frequency Now we live an an ocean of electromagnetic radiation. It’s all around us now, invisible, but we know it’s there. Every time you lift up your mobile phone you know it’s there. It is very hard to turn the clock back, in fact it is impossible, but we need to be aware of the adverse health effects so that we can have the choice of taking precautions against the exposures. How we could have possibly thought that putting microwaves to our brain was safe. We just don’t fully understand what we’re doing. "Resonance: Beings of Frequency" is the first documentary to investigate the actual mechanisms by which mobile phone technology can cause cancer. The film takes a deeper look at how humanity is reacting to the most profound environmental change the planet has ever seen. Read more HERE!!
- This Week (ABC) Host George Stephanopoulos
Meet ABC News' Newest Contributor, Laura Ingraham 10 Moments That Illustrate The Right-Wing Radio Host's Fringe Viewpoints And Disdain For Civil Discourse - Ingraham has repeatedly engaged in inflammatory and hateful rhetoric, lobbing numerous attacks against everyone from President Obama to people who receive government assistance to her favorite target, immigrants. Here are 10 hateful moments from Ingraham in the past year...
• White House senior adviser Dan Pfeiffer
• Sen. Tim Scott, R-South Carolina
• Centers for Disease Control Director Dr. Tom Frieden
• ROUNDTABLE: Rep. Joaquin Castro, D-Texas, ABC News contributor and Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol, New Yorker editor David Remnick, and Fox News anchor Greta Van Susteren.
• Sunday Spotlight: ABC News’ David Wright sits down with legendary baseball announcer Vin Scully, now in his 65th season broadcasting for the Dodgers.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• CBS News chief medical correspondent Dr. Jon LaPook
• Valerie Jarrett, a senior adviser to President Barack Obama
• former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg
• Pierre Krahenbuhl, Commissioner General for the United Nations Relief and Works Agency
• Sen. Saxby Chambliss, R-Ga
• John Dean, a key Nixon administration figure from the Watergate scandal
• ROUNDTABLE: David Ignatius of the Washington Post and our own Margaret Brennan, who covers the State Department.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Fox 'News'-ification of CBS News and '60 Minutes': 'The Cleantech Crash'
• CBS' '60 Minutes' admits to faking Tesla car noise
• Coming Up Sunday, Aug. 3 at 7 p.m. ET/PT
• China's Real Estate Bubble
• The Con Artist
• Cajun Ketchup
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Microsoft, NBC News Dissolve MSNBC.com Joint Venture 07/15/12 — NBC is buying Microsoft's 50 percent interest in the MSNBC website for an undisclosed amount. MSNBC.com will be rebranded as NBCNews.com, and readers who logged into MSNBC.com late Sunday were automatically redirected to NBCNews.com. Microsoft is preparing to launch its own news service this fall. Although he declined to provide many details about the operation general manager of MSN.com Bob Visse said the news staff will be about the same size as the roughly 100 people who created original content for the MSNBC.com. "There is no question that we are going to have more flexibility to make our own decisions," said Vivian Schiller, NBC News' chief digital officer. "This is really an amicable breakup. We think competition will make us better." Okay then.
• Ambassador Riyad Mansour, Palestinian representative to the United Nations,
• Ambassador Ron Dermer, Israeli ambassador to the United States
• Sens. Robert Menendez, D-N.J., and John Thune, R-S.D., Rep. Keith Ellison, D-Minn.
• Dr. Tom Frieden, Director, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
• Dr. Toby Cosgrove, president and CEO of the Cleveland Clinic
• ROUNDTABLE: tba
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) Sunday at 9 am ET and Noon ET.
• Texas Governor Rick Perry (R)
• CIA Director John Brennan
• Senate Intelligence Committee member Angus King
• House Intelligence Chairman Mike Rogers.
• Carl Bernstein and Dan Rather look back on the 40th anniversary of President Nixon’s resignation
• ROUNDTABLE: Newt Gingrich, Ana Navarro, Marc Lamont Hill, and Erikka Knuti
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of Conversation Radio call our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email bob [at] headonradio [dot] com during the show!
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY!! Featuring the Malloy/H.O.R.N. Skype Group! Listen here NOW! Friday, August 1st, 2014 (mp3)! Amen to the White Rose Society! Bob's show archives at the White Rose HERE! Keep Bob on the air! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT With Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen!
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment! BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - July 31, 2014 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: 20m gallon water main break, amid worst drought in CA history, exposes threat of decrepit U.S. water infrastructure; Record wildfires depleting firefighting budgets; Republicans fiddle while the West burns; New report finds (again) climate change is really, really expensive; PLUS: Warming oceans bring flesh-eating bacteria to Florida... All that and more in today's Green News Report! IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see links at site): Huge waves observed for first time in melting Arctic; Federal coal lease sale gets only 1 bidder; EPA kicks of power plant emissions hearings; Religious leaders call carbon pollution 'an affront to God'; AL utility regulators say curbing coal violates God's will; 'Holy Grail' lithium battery breakthrough; Flywheel energy storage breakthrough; Ris in 'nuisance flooding'; Toxic, bee-killing pesticides found in US waterways... PLUS: Trees save lives and billions of dollars ... and much, MUCH more! ...
• 'Green News Report' - July 29, 2014 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Obama Administration approves sonic cannons for offshore oil exploration off the East Coast; Tornadoes in Boston? Bizarre extreme weather across the U.S.; Colorado judge strikes down local fracking ban; General Mills takes action on global warming; PLUS: Rocker Neil Young wants your help with a new technology to stop illegal logging in the rainforest ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
• BRADCAST! The Good Fight Continues: KPFK 'BradCast' Brad speaks with John Wellington Ennis, documentarian and activist, on his newest film and his decade-long fight for election integrity...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! VIDEO! 'A Kind of Propaganda War' After U.N. denial, NBC's David Gregory apologized for use of unverified Israeli video claiming to show rockets fired from U.N. refugee shelter in Gaza where at least 15 were killed by Israel last week...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Bi-Partisan House to Obama: Get Out of Iraq Overwhelming, if largely symbolic vote in the U.S. House, directs the President to pull U.S. troops back out of Iraq. Directive seen as stinging rebuke to GOP war haws in Senate......
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! Israeli Attack on UN Shelter Kills At Least 15 in Gaza The strategy of bombing children, but warning them first, will almost certainly result in years of peace and prosperity for the region...
• BRADBLOG UPDATE! FEC Commissioners at War Over Rove's Campaign Finance Violations Deadlock vote, ignoring federal agencies own attorneys, leads to lawsuit and scathing attack of Dem Commissioners by GOP colleagues...
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to email@example.com, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
• PBC News & Comment 29 Jul 2014 PBC News & Comment: NBC Censors Its Coverage of Israeli Attack on Gaza Hospital As Israel tried to shift blame to Hamas for deadly hospital attack, NBC reported the truth, then re-wrote the story…..
• PBC News & Comment 31 Jul 2014 PBC News & Comment: CIA Boss John Brennan Apologizes, Retracts Accusations Against Senate Staffers In the dispute that “Justice” Dept. refused to investigate, CIA admits it spied on Senate Intelligence staffers probing torture, detention…..
• PBC News & Comment 1 Aug 2014 PBC News & Comment: Gaza Ceasefire Collapses, Iron Dome Claims Meet Skeptic Finger-pointing follows quick end to cease-fire, as MIT Prof. Postol challenges assertions of Iron Dome effectiveness……..
• PBC Standard Podcast july 31, 2014 Journalist Jason Leopold Talks About CIA Torture “Review” and Brennan’s False Statements Jason Leopold, an independent investigative reporter who freelances for al Jazeera and Vice, updates us on the Senate report about CIA rendition, torture and detention and the news that CIA Director Brennan’s fiery comments in March, denying that CIA improperly spied on Senate staffers, were false.
• PBC Standard Podcast August 1, 2014 Prof. Juan Cole Analyzes Israel-Gaza War, and Talks About His Book, “The New Arabs” Professor Juan Cole of the University of Michigan, respected Middle East commentator, goes in-depth on the Israeli war on Hamas, and talks about his fascinating new book, The New Arabs: How the Millenial Generation is Changing the Middle East.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Weekend on Ring of Fire Radio! June 27, 2014 Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm Eastern.
• Guests TBA
• NEW! This Week on Ring of Fire on Free Speech TV! Sundays at NOON!
»» This week we’re gonna talk about issues that progressives SHOULD be concerned about.
»» We’ll be making the case for medical marijuana, as well as the need for Democrats in Washington to find their spine and stand up for the working class.
»» We’ll take a look at how the GOP went from the Party of Lincoln to the Party of Ted Cruz.
»» And we’ll be explaining why meaningful change has got to come from citizen activism.
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Posted on August 2, 2014 by Ring of Fire - Ring of Fire’s top stories from the past week.
• VIDEO! THE HISTORY OF CORPORATE CORRUPTION & FRAUD with Robert Kennedy Jr & Mike Papantonio “Call us if you have a personal story about Fraud on Taxpayers or False Claims for Payment made by Corportations at 1-866-389-FIRE (3473) or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have evidence of fraud that robbed taxpayer dollars. If our government is paying too much due to fraud by a corporation, Ring of Fire wants to do a story on it.” Also see Papantonio & Kennedy on Corporate Corruption and Fraud — Pt. 1/4
• Ring of Fire’s Weekly Rewind Posted on June 7, 2014 by Joshua De Leon
• VIDEO! Seder: The Gaza-Israel Debate Taboo (VIDEO) Ring of Fire’s Sam Seder and author Cliff Schecter discuss the conflict between Israel and Gaza, as well as the political implications surrounding it.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: BP Spill Keeps Getting Worse (VIDEO) Ring of Fire’s Mike Papantonio appears on The Big Picture with Thom Hartmann to discuss this.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: No Labels – Another Name For Corporate Republicans (VIDEO) Ring of Fire’s Mike Papantonio appears on The Big Picture with Thom Hartmann to discuss this story.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the "Podcast" tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up! Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts 7-10 et Sunday evenings on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 12 NOON et @ Majority.fm!
• MONDAY 7/28/14 Mark Ames: The Libertarian Holocaust Denial Sponsored By Koch Brothers
• TUESDAY 7/29/14 Cuomo, Taxes, Ryan & Israel
• WEDNESDAY 7/30/14 Zephyr Teachout: Taking On Cuomo the Lesser
• THURSDAY 7/31/14 Jennifer Taub: Other People’s Houses: How Decades of Bailouts, Captive Regulators, and Toxic Bankers Made Home Mortgages a Thrilling Business
• FRIDAY 8/1/14 Casual Friday: Cliff Schecter & Isabel Gillies
• MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityfm.libsyn.com!
- KEISER REPORT Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts "The Truth About Markets" on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s "People & Power" series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• KEISER REPORT ON FACEBOOK STACY SUMMARY: For once and for all, here are our real Facebook pages, the other ones are fake. But if you feel like chatting to the fake ones, by all means, go ahead.
»» Max Keiser
»» Keiser Report
»» Stacey Herbert
• Assange: How cryptography is a key weapon in the fight against empire states by maxkeiser - READ What began as a means of retaining individual freedom can now be used by smaller states to fend off the ambitions of larger ones (guardian.co.uk)
• Former Aide to Bill Clinton Speaks – “My Party Has Lost its Soul” by Michael Krieger — Bill Curry’s article published this past Sunday by Salon is simply extraordinary. One of the things I’ve felt has been lacking in America for some time is the ability for well-meaning people within the “power structure” to look inward and be honest with themselves about the immoral decay fellow members of their socio-economic class have wrought upon the nation via a singleminded pursuit of wealth and power. A perfect example of an ignorant, destructive oligarch completely devoid of self-awareness was put on full display earlier this year when Sam Zell appeared on Bloomberg TV and essentially said the poor just need to act more like the rich. Read more here. .........
• Substituting Debt for Income Is Not Success–It’s Failure on an Epic Scale by Charles Hugh Smith — The Fed’s substitution of debt for income has only doomed the nation to a deeper, more painful realignment of real income and expenses. The economic “recovery” has been based on a simple premise: debt can be substituted for income with no ill effects. As real household incomes have declined, the legitimate foundation of additional spending–more income–has eroded for the bottom 90%. Even the ephemeral foundation of additional debt-based spending–the Fed’s beloved wealth effect–has eroded for all but the thin layer at the very top of the wealth pyramid. To replace this diminished income, the Status Quo has substituted debt as the source of additional spending: household debt, corporate debt and government debt. Read more ......
• The West’s Reckless Rush Towards War with Russia by Peak Prosperity — We are seeing a rush to war very similar to the one that led up to Saddam’s ouster, but this time, we have much less justification (hard to believe) and the opponent is tremendously more capable. There is little sense in the course the West is currently pursuing, little to gain, and MUCH to lose…more ...........
• DAVID MORGAN ON THE DOLLAR’S END-GAME: DEFLATIONARY CRASH OR A HYPERINFLATIONARY MONETARY COLLAPSE? by The Doc — The world’s leading silver expert David Morgan joins The Doc & Eric Dubin this week to discuss: The Fed tapers official QE another $10 billion- gold & silver whacked the day after the FOMC statement yet again; David breaks down gold and silver trading over the first half of 2014: Gold & Silver still base building a Major Bottom; Is the next banking crisis beginning? Banco Espírito Santo’s share price halved on Thursday; Be right and sit tight? David explains why the PM markets will scare you out or wear you out; We ask David how he sees the end-game for the dollar playing out- will we see a deflationary crash, or a hyper-inflation monetary collapse, and how will PMs protect wealth against both?; On the Brink? Washington driving West towards direct conflict with Russia. Click here for the SD Weekly Metals & Markets With The Doc, Eric Dubin, and David Morgan.
• KEISER REPORT [KR533] Keiser Report: Casino Gulag We discuss the nouns, like ‘the poor,’ who want to be known as verbs, like ‘can’t make ends meet,’ and the thieving verbs (i.e., ‘defrauding investors,’ ‘manipulating markets’) who want to be called nouns, like ‘wealth creator.’ In the second half, Max interviews Liam Halligan about his recent Spectator cover story, “The Next Crash: We could be on the brink of another financial crisis.” They look at derivatives, leverage, GDP and more.
• KEISER REPORT [KR634] Keiser Report: America’s Kleptocro-Oligarchy We ask “is the Fed fuelling bubbles?” An opinion piece in USAToday says, ‘no, this time it’s different (due to zero percent interest rates).’ Another opinion piece from former academic turned fund manager, John Hussman, says there IS a bubble and it’s matched only in size by the 1929 bubble. In the second half, Max interviews Mitch Feierstein of PlanetPonzi.com about George Osborne’s ponzinomics and Janet Yellen’s bubbles. Mitch also has some charts! These charts show that equity markets in 2014 look a whole lot like the ‘recovery’ and then second crash during the previous Great Depression.
• KEISER REPORT [KR635] Keiser Report: Abandoning America We discuss the US corporate rats abandoning ship for the United Kingdom where, despite a public health system and higher minimum wage that Fox News claims would destroy America, help keep corporate tax rates, in fact, lower for these formerly American companies wanting to be ruled by the Queen. In the second half, Max interviews comedian Andy Zaltzman, author of “Does anything eat bankers?” about Boris Johnson’s water cannons, Lady Godiva’s role in British history and homeopathic money filling warehouses across London.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS The Truth About Markets – 28 June 2014 Stacy Summary: We talk about bogus collateral driving global housing bubbles. Download show HERE (mp3) • THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS The Truth About Cold Wars & Bad Facelifts Download show HERE (mp3) • Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- The Scott Horton Radio Show
Scott Horton is host of Antiwar Radio on Pacifica 90.7 FM KPFK in Los Angeles and KUCR 88.3 in Riverside, and the Scott Horton Show on No Agenda Radio. (You can listen live Monday through Friday from 3-5 PM Eastern HERE.) Plenty of archives too!
• Scott Horton Radio Show Progress Report: All right, yall, welcome back to the show to the inaugural Scott Horton Show progress report! It’s been an eventful year since the show and I (amicably) parted ways with Antiwar.com, so I thought I would highlight just a few of the show’s important milestones, as well as preview some of the exciting projects to look for in the near future. ........ The show on Pacifica KPFK 90.7 FM in L.A., still called Antiwar Radio, has now moved to join their Sunday morning public affairs line up (8:30 am pt - http://kpfk.org), and remains the largest source of listeners, with 15,000-20,000 people tuning in weekly. The future: Liberty Express Radio is growing and bringing me along for the ride. The great Charles Goyette hooked me up with Alan Butler and the Liberty Express earlier this year, and what has been the daily replay there from 3-5 eastern time has become my best listened-to show. And now they’re adding my friend Tom Woods to the lineup from 2-3 PM. That does it. I’m making the switch! Starting Monday, October 14, the live show is moving to 3-5 PM Eastern time on LibertyExpressRadio.com, as well as NoAgenda and my own stream....... New show hours effective 5/26/2014: 12-3 PM Eastern!
• Scott Horton Radio Show 07/29/14 Ken Klippenstein: Freelance journalist Ken Klippenstein discusses the US-made weapons being used by Israel to commit war crimes against Palestinian civilians in Gaza.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 07/29/14 Noura Erakat: Noura Erakat, a human rights attorney and activist, discusses her article in The Nation, “Five Israeli Talking Points on Gaza – Debunked.”
• Scott Horton Radio Show 07/30/14 Philip Weiss: Philip Weiss, co-editor of the Mondoweiss blog, discusses why Palestinians are holding out for a substantial ceasefire agreement that improves their living standards, despite sustaining massive casualties in the meantime; the cracks developing in the US-Israel “special relationship;” and why the mainstream media finally has the nerve to criticize Israel’s killing of civilians.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 07/31/14 Jason Ditz: Jason Ditz, editor for Antiwar.com, discusses Bill Clinton’s “I could have killed bin Laden” claim on 9/10/01; the German plan to settle the Russia-Ukraine dispute; and the grossly over-hyped “terror tunnels” in Gaza.
• Scott Horton Radio Show 07/31/14 Marcy Wheeler: Blogger Marcy Wheeler discusses the CIA’s admission that they did indeed spy on the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence; the US ambassadors told to hush up about CIA torture in their host countries; and how Patrick Leahy’s version of USA Freedom Act could help the NSA get inside your smart phone.
• Older interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Sen Marco Rubio (R-FL)
• Rep Steve King (R-IA)
• Rep Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY)
• Director of the Centers for Disease Control, Dr. Thomas Frieden
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©First brick is on us! Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml