Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below!
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
AZ shooting and more We begin with yesterday's shooting in Tuscon, from AZCentral.com Arizona Congresswoman Giffords shot; doctors 'optimistic' about recovery chances: Giffords, 40, a third-term Democrat, was shot at shortly after 10 in the morning at a Safeway at Ina and Oracle roads in northwest Tucson. Authorities identified the gunman as Jared Loughner and said the 22-year-old suspect is in custody. (Initial news accounts and reports from authorities misidentified the name as Laughner.) In a press conference Saturday night, Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik said Giffords was the intended target in the shooting and he described the suspect as one with a criminal record and one with mental issues. Dupnik also said he was "not convinced" that the suspect acted alone, but he declined to elaborate. Six people were killed, including U.S. District Judge John Roll, a Giffords aide and a young girl, and 18 others were wounded in the shooting, authorities said. The aide was identified as Gabe Zimmerman, 30, Giffords' community outreach director; he was engaged to be married.Check AZCentral.com for updates. ZeroHedge reports Congresswoman Gabby Giffords Shot "Point Blank In The Head" At Town Hall Event In Tucson including Update: We spoke to an eyewitness, Steven Rayle who was on the scene at the time of the shooting and helped to hold the suspect down while waiting for police. See the link for more details and Max Keiser's entry below for more stories on this. Our condolences go out to all the families affected by this bizarre attack and hope that all injured in the attack will recover quickly. ~ ~ Back in DC the GOP officially opened the 112th Congress by reading the U.S. Constitution, sort of. Original U.S. Constitution will not be read in entirety on House floor (dailycaller.com). Then Oops: GOP Reps Skip Swearing-In, Violate Constitution, Screw Up Votes (theatlanticwire.com). Meanwhile there are GOP calls from all over country trying to stop public workers' unions from striking or even abolishing these unions altogether. That makes sense: when good jobs with good bennies are hard to come by with 10% + unemployment the GOP wants to kill those jobs too! And what happened to so many pension funds that disappeared when the crash happened? Robert Reich sees right though The Shameful Attack on Public Employees: But now the right is going after public employees. Public servants are convenient scapegoats. Republicans would rather deflect attention from corporate executive pay that continues to rise as corporate profits soar, even as corporations refuse to hire more workers. They don’t want stories about Wall Street bonuses, now higher than before taxpayers bailed out the Street. And they’d like to avoid a spotlight on the billions raked in by hedge-fund and private-equity managers whose income is treated as capital gains and subject to only a 15 percent tax, due to a loophole in the tax laws designed specifically for them. It’s far more convenient to go after people who are doing the public’s work - sanitation workers, police officers, fire fighters, teachers, social workers, federal employees – to call them “faceless bureaucrats” and portray them as hooligans who are making off with your money and crippling federal and state budgets. The story fits better with the Republican’s Big Lie that our problems are due to a government that’s too big. Above all, Republicans don’t want to have to justify continued tax cuts for the rich. As quietly as possible, they want to make them permanent. But the right’s argument is shot-through with bad data, twisted evidence, and unsupported assertions. I know! Let's put Social Security in the stock market too! David DeGraw of AmpedStatus tells us about the new WH hires in Obama Renews Commitment to Complete Destruction of the Middle Class - Meet the New Economic Death Squad: The announcement of Bill Daley, JP Morgan Chase’s czar of “government affairs” (lobbying), as Obama’s new Chief of Staff may sound bad on the surface, but if you dig into Daley’s background, it gets, as George W would say, “downright evil.” Other than spending the past seven years serving Jamie Dimon at JP Morgan, Bill Daley was also a Chamber of Commerce chair. While at the Chamber, Daley “played a major role in opposing the regulation of derivatives” and signed the now infamous Chamber of Commerce manifesto to destroy middle class America. And we’re just getting warmed up… Daley was Clinton’s NAFTA czar (job exporting specialist) and he even has deep ties to the organization responsible for creating the explosion in CEO pay, all-time record-breaking inequality of wealth and shipping millions more jobs overseas, The Business Roundtable....Let’s also mention that he played a pivotal role in creating the housing crisis, was on the board of Fannie Mae, opposed financial reform, supported health insurance companies, fought for Pharma interests, lobbied for telecommunications companies and adamantly opposed the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. He even railed against post-Enron accounting and auditing laws…But wait… it gets even better! As a board member of the think tank “Third Way,” Daley took a strong interest in cutting “entitlements” like Social Security and Medicare. He is a proud member of the Council on Foreign Relations and serves on the Boards of Directors of Merck & Co., one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies, and he is on the board of . . . wait for it . . . Boeing. Yes, the Pentagon-Wall Street-Pharma nexus is complete. You may now run the White House....Now, for the icing on the cake, Obama’s pick to replace Larry Summers as his top economic advisor is Tim Geithner’s right-hand confidant, former Goldman executive and Rubin disciple Gene Sperling. Sperling was also a Clinton-Rubin-Summers compadre who held this same position under Clinton, playing a direct role in implementing the very policies that fueled our current crisis. Much more at ampedstatus.com. Then Fred Branfman at AlterNet explains WikiLeaks' Most Terrifying Revelation: Just How Much Our Government Lies to Us: As important as is the issue of free speech, it is the question of whether the U.S. Executive is in fact protecting the American people through its mass murder abroad that really lies at the heart of the Wikileaks controversy. Executive Branch officials justify persecuting and threatening to murder Assange on the grounds that he has damaged U.S. "national security." If McChrystal is right, however, it is the past decade of U.S. Executive mass murder in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan, now revealed beyond any doubt by Wikileaks, that is the real threat to U.S. national security....It is thus impossible to overstate the importance of the Wikileaks documentation of these lies to the American people. When a journalist reports a U.S. government misdeed, government officials automatically deny it and many Americans are unsure whom to believe. But Wikileaks has revealed official government documents that prove U.S. leaders’ lying and commission of crimes of war. The fact that the U.S. has covered up its mass murder of civilians, and that this is contributing to its losing the war, is thus no longer open to serious question. The callous and careerist politicians and journalists who daily ignore U.S. mass murder, while calling for Assange's arrest or execution, shame themselves, their children, and their profession by their indifference to non-American human suffering and obsequious toadying to illegitimate Executive power....In the end, however, the most profound questions for Americans raised by the Wikileaks documents go far beyond the Muslim world. If we can free our minds of a lifetime of official propaganda identifying the U.S. Executive with the American people, the evidence is overwhelming that in foreign and military policy the U.S. Executive Branch is an undemocratic institution that does not represent its own citizens. It operates largely independent of Congress, the Judiciary or a mass media which has largely become an arm of Executive power, broadcasting its lies far more often than it exposes them. Please read Branfman's entire post, really a fine manifesto for the need for outfits like wikileaks and see his interview below on AntiWar Radio. Obama's DOJ have other ideas. Glenn Greenwald at Salon is all over it DOJ subpoenas Twitter records of several WikiLeaks volunteers: Last night, Birgitta Jónsdóttir -- a former WikiLeaks volunteer and current member of the Icelandic Parliament -- announced (on Twitter) that she had been notified by Twitter that the DOJ had served a Subpoena demanding information "about all my tweets and more since November 1st 2009." Several news outlets, including The Guardian, wrote about Jónsdóttir's announcement. What hasn't been reported is that the Subpoena served on Twitter -- which is actually an Order from a federal court that the DOJ requested -- seeks the same information for numerous other individuals currently or formerly associated with WikiLeaks, including Jacob Appelbaum, Rop Gonggrijp, and Julian Assange. It also seeks the same information for Bradley Manning and for WikiLeaks' Twitter account. The information demanded by the DOJ is sweeping in scope. But there is hope somewhere. John Lichfield of The Independent UK reports in The little red book that swept France Indignez vous! (Cry out!), a slim pamphlet by a wartime French resistance hero, Stéphane Hessel, is smashing all publishing records in France. The book urges the French, and everyone else, to recapture the wartime spirit of resistance to the Nazis by rejecting the "insolent, selfish" power of money and markets and by defending the social "values of modern democracy". Word has it they're trying to get this translated into English and published stateside! Vive La Resistance! Sunday's talk shows are certainly going to be affected by the shooting in Tuscon but will carry on with other business. Face the Bob gets STENY HOYER & CHUCK SCHUMER to battle JON KYL while Meet the David gets an exclusive with HARRY REID. This Anampour gets a gaggle of lawmakers and a roundtable featuring HOWARD DEAN, ARRIANNA HUFFINGTON and DICK "Head Teabagger" ARMEY while State of the Candy gets her own gaggle of lawmakers and DNC Chair TIM KAINE. The Brick TeeVee compound is littered with empty beer cans after a full week of college bowl games including the crazy Ohio State win over Arkansas in the Sugar Bowl and a crazier game seeing the MAC's Miami OH victory over Middle Tennessee in the GoDaady Bowl (formerly the GMAC Bowl). The NFL Playoffs begin this weekend and last year's Superbowl teams are BOTH OUT. Stay warm, stay safe and have a great week!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
»»» Ryan Grim, senior congressional correspondent for the Huffington Post @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Incoming GOP House Chairs Plan to Investigate Climate Scientists, Probe Muslim "Radicalization," Repeal Healthcare Reform
»»» Horace Campbell & Gnaka Lagoke @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Ivory Coast Showdown: A Discussion on the Political Crisis in West Africa
»»» renowned surgeon and author Dr. Atul Gawande @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Return of the "Death Panel" Myth is a "Travesty," Says Dr. Atul Gawande RELATED: Dr. Atul Gawande: Solitary Confinement is Torture
»»» Attack on Labor @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Crackdown on Organized Labor: States Call for Wage & Benefits Cuts, Urge Laws to Curb Union Influence We host a roundtable discussion with New York Times labor reporter Steven Greenhouse; Michael Zweig of the Center for Study of Working Class Life; and Art Levine of the Washington Monthly.
»»» FILM: Phil Ochs: There But for Fortune @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Phil Ochs: The Life and Legacy of a Legendary American Folk Singer We speak with Phil Ochs’ brother Michael and Kenneth Bowser, the director of the film, which premiered yesterday in New York City.
»»» Ari Berman of The Nation magazine @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW From Wall Street to the White House: Obama Taps JPMorgan Exec William Daley for Chief of Staff
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW @ GRITtv WATCH Chrystia Freeland: Tracking The New Super-Elite READ The Rise of the New Global Elite @ The Atlantic
»»» The "F" Word @ GRITtv Leaving the People Out of the Debate & Constitutional Lessons For the New Congress
»»» former British diplomat Carne Ross @ GRITtv WATCH Carne Ross: WikiLeaks Disclosures and Dangers
»»» BCS Championship on ESPN MONDAY Auburn vs. Oregon 8:30 pm et
»»» NBA on TNT THURSDAY DOUBLEHEADER! Magic @ Thunder 8 pm et then Heat @ Nuggets 10:30 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
Support the troops who refuse to fight! See CourageToResist.org SPECIAL! Bradley Manning's state deteriorating says David House (h/t nora) Alan Colmes interviewed David House on Thursday's show. House repeatedly has visited Manning over the duration of Manning's detention, the meetings always in a room surveilled and in the presence of guards. House said when the visits began Manning was sharp and alert, but now Manning is slower to respond and seems run down. Here's House's firedoglake article: Bradley Manning Speaks About His Conditions Here's the Colmes' show with the interview of House: David House of FireDogLake.com joins Alan to reveal what he learned during his visit with U.S. Army Private Bradley Manning in the Quantico brig. Also see Merged Manning-Lamo Chat Logs and Glenn Greenwald The inhumane conditions of Bradley Manning's detention & Wired's refusal to release or comment on the Manning chat logs
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,432 US Military Dead as of Jan 7, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 1,452 US Military Dead as of Jan 7, 2010
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. Tapper explains that as a host, you can only do so much fact-checking during the interview.
• House Budget Chairman Paul Ryan
• Ranking Democrat Chris Van Hollen
• Rep. Chris Gibson (R-NY),
• Rep. Bobby Schilling (R-IL)
• Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT)
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, former House Majority Leader and Freedom Works Chairman Dick Armey, former Vermont Governor Howard Dean and the Huffington Post's Arianna Huffington
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Rep. Steny Hoyer, D-Maryland, Democratic Whip
• Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., Chairman of Democratic Policy Committee
• Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Arizona, Republican Whip
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• THE BIG GAMBLE - Lesley Stahl reports on the proliferation of gambling to 38 states and its main attraction, the slot machine, newer versions of which some scientists believe may addict their players. Ira Rosen and Joel Bach are the producers.
• SILVER OR LEAD - Byron Pitts reports on the murder of the mayor of a Mexican city, where powerful drug gangs seem to be giving authorities a choice of "silver or lead" - join us and we will pay you or don't and we'll kill you. David Schneider and Joyce Gesundheit are the producers.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish.
• Exclusive! Sen. Harry Reid, D-AZ
• ROUNDTABLE: New Chairman of the Congressional Black Caucus Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (D-MO), freshman Member of Congress, Rep. Raul Labrador (R-ID), the Editorial Director for the National Journal Group, Ron Brownstein, and the anchor of CNBC’s “Street Signs,” Erin Burnett.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Darrell Issa, R-Calif.
• Reps. Steve Israel, D-N.Y.
• Elijah Cummings, D-Md.
• Rep. Jason Altmire, D-Pa
• Tim Kaine, Democratic National Committee chairman
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
Talkers’ Magazine : Bob Kincaid one of The Frontier Fifty!!!
• THORN-IN-THE-SIDE THURSDAY!!!!!! Bob discusses the implications of changing the "N" word in Huck Finn and more! Listen HERE (mp3)! Amen to White Rose Society for the podcasts! Head On Radio needs our help, too! Donate HERE!
- NEW! GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - January 6, 2011 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: The new masters of the House: Cow farts and "oversight"; Fox News fights non-existent incandescent light bulb ban; Just three words sum up the BP Oil Spill: "failure of management" ... PLUS: It's the Aflockalypse Now?! The birds, the bees, and the fish ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Podcast 208 Karl Rove’s Swedish Connections & the Persecution of Julian Assange; Radio Vet Donna Halper, Who Introduced Us to Rush; Gary Chew on “Made in Dagenham” Blogger Roger Shuler raises key questions about Rove’s Swedish connections and the “sex crimes” of WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange; radio veteran Donna Halper, who introduced America to the rock band Rush, talks about the media and talk radio; Gary Chew reviews the new film Made in Dagenham.
• PBC Podcast 209 US Covers Up for Tinners, a Nuclear Family; Attorney Jon Eisenberg Wins Wiretap Judgment; Prof. Marjorie Cohn on Gitmo Setbacks; Will Durst’s 2011 Predictions Important short segments with Jason Leopold, Truthout; attorney Jon Eisenberg gets token award for illegal government wiretapping; Prof. Marjorie Cohn on 2 new setbacks for plans to close Guantanamo; Will Durst’s wacky predictions for 2011.
• PBC Podcast 210 Special Report from Gaza: Activist Ken O’Keefe Reports Dismal Conditions and Recent Israeli Airstrikes It’s been 2 years since Israel’s Operation Cast Lead, the deadly assault on the Gaza Strip. Ken O’Keefe, founder of Aloha Palestine, delivers unvarnished, uncensored views from Gaza City.
More podcasts at PeterBCollins.com!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on The Best of Ring of Fire! January 7th, 2010
• Stepping into the Ring of Fire this week: author and blogger Glenn Greenwald will talk about the ongoing Wikileaks saga, and he’ll tell us why the loudest voices coming out against Wikileaks are actually coming from journalists.
• Michael Waldman from the Brennan Center for Justice will be joining us to talk about how the Tea Party’s supposed love of the Constitution could end up destroying them.
• Author Elliot Cohen will be joining us to discuss how the Obama administration has not only continued the surveillance programs put in place by the Bush administration, but actually expanded these programs to gather information on American citizens.
• And political satirist Matt Filipowicz will be here to talk about how state governments across the country are launching a war against labor unions by claiming that union wages are causing state governments to go broke.
• You Can Listen to Ring of Fire on These Stations HERE.
• VIDEO! Papantonio Takes on Oil Executive on Rising Gas Prices The price of oil continues to climb, and the oil industry (and Republicans) claim that it is because they aren’t allowed to drill in America. But the truth is that drilling on American soil and in American waters won’t produce enough oil to even make a difference. What we should be doing is creating a green energy infrastructure, as Mike Papantonio points out in a debate against former Shell Oil president John Hoffmeister.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: New GOP Agenda Will be Disastrous for America The new GOP Congress has announced a plethora of initiatives that they want to pursue in the next few months. But as Mike Papantonio points out on Fox News, any of these plans will be disastrous for our country.
• VIDEO! Papantonio Exposes Dick Cheney’s Influence on Offshore Drilling Mike Papantonio appears on “Conspiracy Theory” with host Jesse Ventura to discuss the fatal flaws that led to the BP disaster in the Gulf of Mexico, as well as how former Vice President Dick Cheney created the flaws in the system as a gift to his oil industry friends.The only problem is that they aren’t creating any of them in America. A new report shows that in the last year, US corporations have created 1.4 million jobs overseas, while creating less than 1 million in the country they call home. Mike Papantonio takes on these corporate bastards on MSNBC’s The Ed Show.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge cosrporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• Congresswoman Gabby Giffords Shot “Point Blank In The Head” At Town Hall Event In Tucson by maxkeiser Click link for more stories.
• Peak Oil by maxkeiser Are We Running Out of Oil? @ The Nation
• “If we lose our honey industry in the U.S., there’s going to be massive food shortages like we haven’t seen before,” said Richard Adee, a South Dakota beekeeper who owns 80,000 honeybee colonies, the largest operation in the U.S. by maxkeiser Honey laundering: The sour side of nature’s golden sweetener @ Globe & Mail
• Bankers hoping courts put them into protective custody to protect against the angry mobs of citizens looking to hang them by maxkeiser Banks Are Tanking After Suffering A Big Loss At The Massachusetts Supreme Court @ BusinessInsider.com & This is not quite the end of Bank of America (and Wells.. suck it up Munger), but it very could be the start, unless Brian Moynihan’s bank now spends hundreds of millions if not much more more bribing judges across the country zerohedge
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report: Monsanto and the Seeds of Evil (E109)
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report: United States and the Deathly Deficit (E110)
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS -  The Truth About Markets – LIVE!! – 19 December 2010 Last show for 2010! Max explains how we got here.
• ON THE EDGE [OTE91] On the Edge with David Morgan
• ON THE EDGE On the Edge with Max Kaiser-2011 Financial Predictions-12-31-2010-(Part1) (Part2) (Part3)
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Robert Parry January 04, 2011: Robert Parry, founder and editor of ConsortiumNews.com, discusses how discredited mainstream journalists like Judith Miller keep getting TV appearances while the reporters who got it right about Iraq, don’t; how the muckraking press corps of yesteryear was replaced by a bevy of sycophantic stenographers; the punishment/reward system for journalists that makes very clear the kind of reporting required for promotions; the infamous pre-Gulf War April Glaspie memo that shows the US took no position on the Iraq-Kuwait border dispute; how George H.W. Bush started an unnecessary war to eradicate the “Vietnam syndrome” of American aversion to war; and how US triumphalism in post-Soviet occupied Afghanistan escalated the civil war that eventually brought the Taliban to power in 1996. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 26:03
• Grant F. Smith January 05, 2011: Grant F. Smith, director of the Institute for Research: Middle Eastern Policy in Washington, D.C., discusses how Steven Rosen’s lawsuit disclosures are shining a light on the highly-secretive inner workings of AIPAC; the pro-Israel media’s focus on the “injury of the United States” part of the Espionage Act while ignoring the “advantage of a foreign nation” part; why Attorney General Eric Holder would rather prosecute WikiLeaks than AIPAC; Rosen’s violation of court proceeding rules that may get his case dismissed; and the 1700 or so generous donors to AIPAC – many of whom also support Israel’s Likud Party – who essentially dictate US foreign policy in the Middle East. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 19:51
• Gareth Porter January 06, 2011: Gareth Porter, independent historian and journalist for IPS News, discusses how Gen. James Jones pushed for NATO to take over the Afghanistan occupation, giving the purposeless organization a new raison d’etre; NATO’s inability to deal with the Afghan insurgency (that wasn’t supposed to happen) after the quick and resounding US ouster of the Taliban; President Bush’s willingness to cede control to NATO in order to free up soldiers for his preferred war in Iraq; and how European countries – expecting to participate in peacekeeping rather than military operations – are quickly souring on Afghanistan. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 18:47
• Fred Branfman January 06, 2011: Fred Branfman, writer for Alternet.org, discusses how the WikiLeaks documents reveal, more than anything else, the “vast lying machine” of our government and military; why the Cablegate disclosures alone are enough to justify a new Nuremberg-style war crimes tribunal; how US military escalations in Afghanistan and Pakistan are counterproductive when considering (Ret.) Gen. Stanley McChrystal’s “insurgent math;” and why the US government – not WikiLeaks – is a danger to national security and needs to be reigned in before another 9/11 attack makes the US a police state. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 28:52
• Greg Mitchell January 06, 2011: Greg Mitchell, author of the Media Fix blog for TheNation.com, discusses his multi-week long effort to provide daily blog updates on WikiLeaks stories; why the few mainstream journalists who aren’t openly hostile to WikiLeaks are keeping their mouths shut; the spectacle of Judith Miller scolding WikiLeaks for bad, harmful journalism; Bradley Manning’s inhumane treatment in prison; and why the decline in MSM WikiLeaks coverage can be partly contributed to lack of demand, ie: Americans don’t care. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 18:19
More interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Sen. Rand Paul, (R) Kentucky
• Sen. Chris Coons, (D) Delaware
• Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers, (R) Washington
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml