Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below!
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Backward Forward 2010! Given the propensity of President Not Sure wanting to "look forward" and not back at all the crimes of the previous admin we'll begin by looking forward withDday @ FDL (h/t jen) who sums it up: During the Great Recession, we’re sadly seeing a slow return to those Gilded Age, pre-New Deal policies, as what remains of the safety net staggers along. Social Security is under attack from deficit frauds like Alan Simpson and Erskine Bowles. Unemployment insurance, food stamps and welfare have weathered blows for years, especially as their costs rose when demand for their services increased. A new Republican Congress will demand more cuts, squarely on these and other social programs, or will threaten to destroy the full faith and credit of the US government. It’s important to look to history to see the inevitable consequence of these backslides. If Democrats follow Republicans down the deficit rabbit hole, especially if they break faith on the bedrock promise of Social Security, we’re sure to see a return of the poorhouse, and the cruel belief that the people contained therein are somehow inferior, somehow given to rejecting self-sufficiency, somehow lazy, somehow defective. That belief has already crept into discussions about the 99ers, or the long-term unemployed. (See Nicole Sandler's Helpthe99ers.com and crooksandliars Help the 99ers ) Thanks for that absolutely "looking forward" insight, Dday. Everyone has some kind of "2010" list of some sort. Here are a few you might like!
The Administration wants us to LOOK FORWARD
HOT! C-SPAN SUNDAY Noon-3 pm IN DEPTH with Phyliss Bennis taking calls LIVE! Phyllis Bennis is the author of eight books, including From Stones to Statehood: The Palestinian Uprising (1990); Calling the Shots: How Washington Dominates Today's UN (2000); Before & After: US Foreign Policy and the September 11th Crisis (2003) ; Understanding the Palestinian-Israeli Conflict: A Primer (2009); Understanding the US-Iran Crisis: A Primer (2009); and Ending the US War in Afghanistan: A Primer (2010). Ms. Bennis is also co-editor of Beyond the Storm: A Gulf Crisis Reader (1991) and Altered States: A Reader in the New World Order (1993). CHECK YOUR LOCAL LISTINGS! Tune in, call in! The Brick TeeVee Crew has been glued to bowl-o-rama all week watching the Big Ten teams LOSE four games on New Year's Day. They're "looking forward" to The Ohio State Buckeyes against the Arkansas Razorbacks in the Sugar Bowl Tuesday night. Remember the Chinese Year of Tiger rages on until February 2nd so keep your guard up until Year of the Wabbit! Please support the websites we've highlighted in 2010 in any way you can so they can keep providing us with more solid investigative reporting in 2011. Cheers to you in 2011!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
»»» JULIAN ASSANGE @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Julian Assange on WikiLeaks, War and Resisting Government Crackdown 2010 can be defined as the year of WikiLeaks. The whisteblowing website first made headlines around the world in April when it released a video of a U.S. helicopter gunship indiscriminately firing on Iraqi civilians killing 12 people, including two Reuters news staff. In July, WikiLeaks created a bigger firestorm when it published more than 90,000 classified U.S. military war logs of the war in Afghanistan. Then in October, WikiLeaks published some 390,000 classified U.S. documents on the war in Iraq—the largest intelligence leak in U.S. history and the greatest internal account of any war on public record. And in November WikiLeaks began releasing a giant trove of confidential State Department cables that sent shockwaves through the global diplomatic establishment. Throughout it all, WikiLeaks and its founder Julian Assange were targeted by the U.S. and other governments around the world. We play our interviews with Assange and with Pentagon Papers whistleblower Daniel Ellsberg. RELATED Pentagon Whistleblower Daniel Ellsberg: Julian Assange is Not a Terrorist
»»» Bryan Bender, national security reporter for the Boston Globe @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW From the Pentagon to the Private Sector: Boston Globe Analysis Finds Large Numbers of Retiring Generals Entering Defense Industry
»»» Journalist Allan Nairn @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Allan Nairn: As U.S. Loses Its Global Economic Edge, Its "One Clear Comparative Advantage is in Killing, and It’s Using It"
»»» Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist David Barstow @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW "Deepwater Horizon’s Final Hours:" The Explosion that Killed 11 Workers and Led to the Worst Oil Spill in U.S. History
»»» Robert Meeropol, younger son of Ethel and Julius Rosenberg. @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Son of Julius and Ethel Rosenberg: "My Parents Were Executed Under the Unconstitutional Espionage Act—Here’s Why We Must Fight to Protect Julian Assange"
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW @ GRITtv WATCH Best of 2010: Sherrod Brown & Richard Wolff & Jeff Madrick
»»» MORE Best of 2010 @ GRITtv WATCH Best of 2010: Steve Earle and Daryn Strauss
»»» MORE Best of 2010 @ GRITtv WATCH Best of 2010: Philippe Petit, Mountains that Take Wing, Tracie Morris
»»» NBA on TNT THURSDAY DOUBLEHEADER! Thunder @ Mavs 8 pm et then Nuggets @ Kings 10:30 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
Support the troops who refuse to fight! See CourageToResist.org SPECIAL! Bradley Manning's state deteriorating says David House (h/t nora) Alan Colmes interviewed David House on Thursday's show. House repeatedly has visited Manning over the duration of Manning's detention, the meetings always in a room surveilled and in the presence of guards. House said when the visits began Manning was sharp and alert, but now Manning is slower to respond and seems run down. Here's House's firedoglake article: Bradley Manning Speaks About His Conditions Here's the Colmes' show with the interview of House: David House of FireDogLake.com joins Alan to reveal what he learned during his visit with U.S. Army Private Bradley Manning in the Quantico brig. Also see Merged Manning-Lamo Chat Logs and Glenn Greenwald The inhumane conditions of Bradley Manning's detention & Wired's refusal to release or comment on the Manning chat logs
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,430 US Military Dead as of Dec 31, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 1,445 US Military Dead as of Dec 31, 2010
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. Tapper explains that as a host, you can only do so much fact-checking during the interview.
• Austan Goolsbee, chairman of the White House Council of Economic Advisers;
• actor George Clooney and John Prendergast, co-founder of the Enough Project, an initiative to end genocide.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn.; .; and ;
• Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif.
• Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla
• Rep. Anthony Weiner, D-N.Y.
• Rep.-elect Mike Kelly, R-Pa.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• BAD MEDICINE - Drug company whistle-blower Cheryl Eckard tells Scott Pelley about her experience trying to fix problems at a pharmaceutical factory that made her a key figure in a federal lawsuit and a multimillionaire. Denise Schrier Cetta is the producer.
• WYNTON - Jazz missionary Wynton Marsalis shares his love of America's most distinctive art form by taking his Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra around the world. Morley Safer tags along as Marsalis and his musicians make the scene in London and then go to Havana for a spicy Afro-Cuban musical treat. David Browning is the producer. THIS IS A DOUBLE-LENGTH SEGMENT.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish.
• Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C.
• Sen.-elect Pat Toomey, R-Pa.
• ROUNDTABLE: The New York Times’ David Brooks, The Washington Post’s E.J. Dionne, Yale law professor and author Stephen Carter, and BBC World News America’s Washington Correspondent Katty Kay, and Senator-elect Pat Toomey (R-PA).
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Darrell Issa, R-Calif.
• Reps. Steve Israel, D-N.Y.
• Elijah Cummings, D-Md.
• Rep. Jason Altmire, D-Pa
• Tim Kaine, Democratic National Committee chairman
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
Talkers’ Magazine : Bob Kincaid one of The Frontier Fifty!!!
• THORN-IN-THE-SIDE THURSDAY!!!!!! Last show of the DECADE!!! Listen HERE (mp3)! Amen to White Rose Society for the podcasts! Head On Radio needs our help, too! Donate HERE!
- NEW! GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - December 30, 2010 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: The Green News Report's 2010 Year in Review: Around the world and back again, the top green news stories of the year --- from politics to the planet, a quick look back over where we've been ... PLUS: Make the next year the greenest ever! ... All that and more in today's Green News Report! IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see links at bradblog.com link): Few mining sites restored after mining ends; Lower-carbon replacement for oil?: Pollutants, PCBs, retard boys' growth: study; GE to pay $500 million fine for PCBs in Hudson River; Road salt bad for environment, health, water supplies; OPEC keeps oil above $91/barrel --- heading to $200 oil?; China defends cuts in rare earth export quotas; EPA overstates coal waste's value ... PLUS: Antarctica: Unraveling the History Beneath the Ice ....
Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Podcast 205 Boiling Frogs: Resisting the Expanded, Intrusive Airport Security Sibel Edmonds co-hosts this new episode in the Boiling Frogs interview series, talking with activist James Babb about scanners, body searches and the militarization of airports.
• PBC Podcast 206 Afghanistan 2010: Obama Compounds Bush’s Blunders Journalist Anand Gopal returns with a comprehensive look at the US occupation of Afghanistan; comedian/satirist Will Durst recaps the top 10 comedic stories of the decade.
• PBC Podcast 207 Final Podcast of 2010: Progressives Face Challenges from GOP and Dems in 2011 Prof. David Coates of Wake Forest University and Tim Carpenter of Progressive Democrats of America discuss the new political mix in Washington and offer advice on how to confront the challenges from the right and from Democrats.
More podcasts at PeterBCollins.com!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and David Bender
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, David Bender - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on The Best of Ring of Fire! December 25th, 2010
• On the best of Ring of Fire this week: Congressman Jerrold Nadler will be joining us to discuss the recent war crimes admissions of George W Bush, and he’ll tell us why he thinks we need to move forward with prosecutions.
• We’ll be taking a look at what the Tea Party is planning to do with itself now that they’ve actually got some of their own in Congress – Mother Jones’s investigative reporter Stephanie Mencimer warns us that they won’t be sitting quietly until the next election.
• Speaking of the Liptonites, GRITtv’s Laura Flanders stops by to talk about the new book she’s just edited: “At the Tea Party – The Wing Nuts, Whack Jobs and Whitey-Whiteness of the New Republican Right… And Why We Should Take It Seriously.”
• And author Ari Berman will be here to talk about how the Democratic Party has abandoned the great organizing campaigns that Howard Dean crafted over the last few years, and why we won’t be able to win elections if we don’t reconstruct it.
• A special note: As David Bender announced he has decided to leave Ring of Fire at the end of the year in order to work on several new projects, including a book and a documentary film. This week we’ll be announcing our newest torch-bearer in the Ring of Fire – and you won’t want to miss the big news! (HINT: His name begins with Sam Seder! Check out his LIVE weekday podcast 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm! -Ed.)
• You Can Listen to Ring of Fire on These Stations HERE.
• VIDEO! Congressman Nadler – Let’s Begin Torture Prosecutions In George W. Bush’s new memoir – Decision Points – and in subsequent interviews, the former president admits that he authorized torture techniques such as waterboarding during his time in office. And even though this admission stirred up media outlets, the admission disappeared almost as quickly as it surfaced. But Congressman Jerrold Nadler believes that this admission should spark a wave of prosecutions, and he recently spoke with Bobby Kennedy about what needs to be done now that this information is out in the open.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Corporate America Loves Sweatshop Capitalism Corporate America is doing a fantastic job creating jobs. The only problem is that they aren’t creating any of them in America. A new report shows that in the last year, US corporations have created 1.4 million jobs overseas, while creating less than 1 million in the country they call home. Mike Papantonio takes on these corporate bastards on MSNBC’s The Ed Show.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge cosrporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• “After our Hitler parody for Crash JP Morgan Buy Silver, we put together this new “End the Fed” parody combining the 1984 Apple commercial and Helicopter Ben’s 60 minutes interviews.” by maxkeiser VIDEO! We love guys and your show. You rock. Pretty exciting that silver almost broke $31 in 2010! After our Hitler parody for Crash JP Morgan Buy Silver, we put together this new “End the Fed” parody combining the 1984 Apple commercial and Helicopter Ben’s 60 minutes interviews. Not as amusing as the former, it was a technical labor of love, but we hope it helps send a message that we need to put these central banksters out to pasture. We hope you like it and will post for your blog readers.
• Foreign terrorist group HSBC attacking New York by maxkeiser Greeting from Buffalo! HSBC has the entire city govt and good ol’ Carl Paladino bending over backward to basically hand over the entire downtown. We are supposed to receive funds to rebuild our water front and now that it looks like its about the happen, HSBC has decided it wants it for themselves or they will leave town. - kate
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report: Feedom & Plutocracy (E108)
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS -  The Truth About Markets – LIVE!! – 19 December 2010
• ON THE EDGE On the Edge with Max Kaiser-Latest on Global Economy-12-24-2010-(Part1) with Danny Schecter NewsDissector.org
• ON THE EDGE On the Edge with Max Kaiser-Latest on Global Economy-12-24-2010-(Part2) Watch PLUNDER:The Crime of Our Time
• ON THE EDGE On the Edge with Max Kaiser-Latest on Global Economy-12-24-2010-(Part3) SEE Who Owns Media Companies? Why It Matters
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at Antiwar Radio
• Michael Hastings Dec 29, 2010: Michael Hastings, author of the infamous article “The Runaway General” in Rolling Stone magazine, discusses the seeming resolution of Iraq’s incredibly lengthy government-formation process; the firm Shi’ite grip on power and long-term marginalization of Sunnis (exemplified by their go-to man in government, the Shia Ayad Allawi); Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki’s conflicted and complicated relationship with Iran; and the remarkably successful Gen. Petraeus Iraq surge (narrative). LISTEN HERE (mp3) 17:03
• Gareth Porter Dec 23, 2010: Gareth Porter, independent historian and journalist for IPS News, discusses the increasingly brutal US tactics in the Kandahar offensive in Afghanistan including the razing of entire villages; how the US breaks self-imposed counterinsurgency rules when the going gets tough; the realization of mid-level officers and Petraeus himself that a tough new COIN strategy is as likely to fail as previous versions; and how the National Intelligence Estimates on Afghanistan and Pakistan reveal that US success in Afghanistan is wholly dependent on Pakistan’s rejection of the Taliban – which is exceedingly unlikely. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 27:44 This recording is excerpted from the KPFK 90.7 FM Los Angeles broadcast of December 24th. The original program can be heard HERE (mp3).
More interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Darrell Issa, R-Calif.
• Rep. Fred Upton, R-Mich
• Sen.-elect Mike Lee, R-Utah
• Rep.-elect Allen West, R-Fla.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml