Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below!
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!http://fora.tv/live/churchill_club/Wikileaks_Why_it_Matters
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
In the SLOW lane? We open with Josh Silver @ Save the Internet on the NBC/Comcast merger
Comcastrophe You should be afraid and mad as hell. The new Comcast will control an obscene number of media outlets, including the NBC broadcast network, numerous cable channels, two dozen local NBC and Telemundo stations, movie studios, online video portals, and the physical network that distributes that media content to millions of Americans through Internet and cable connections. Why should you care about a business deal between a couple of companies? This merger will touch all corners of the media market, and you won't be immune. Comcast will jack up the prices that other cable and online distributers pay for NBC content, and those prices will be passed to you. That means higher cable and Internet bills, even if you don't subscribe to Comcast. ... While pushing through this deal, the FCC chair completely ignored the lack of competition in the Internet service provider market. ... And it will only be a matter of time before more companies follow Comcast's lead and start pursuing new mergers. The FCC's blessing of Comcast and NBC will embolden companies like AT&T or Verizon, to try to gobble up content providers such as Disney and CBS, creating a new era of media consolidation where even fewer companies control the content you watch and all the ways you want to watch it.
Obama On Net Neutrality "I'm a big believer in Net Neutrality. I campaigned on this. I continue to be a strong supporter of it. My FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski has indicated that he shares the view that we've got to keep the Internet open, that we don't want to create a bunch of gateways that prevent somebody who doesn't have a lot of money but has a good idea from being able to start their next YouTube or their next Google on the Internet… This is something we're committed to. We're getting pushback, obviously, from some of the bigger carriers who would like to be able to charge more fees and extract more money from wealthier customers. But we think that runs counter to the whole spirit of openness that has made the Internet such a powerful engine for not only economic growth, but also for the generation of ideas and creativity."
Youtube interview February 01, 2010
And we can all THANK pResident Big Dawg for passing the Telecommunications Act of 1996 which brought us the likes of Clear Channel Communications (CCC) going from 43 radio & 16 teevee stations in 1994 to over one thousand stations, billboards and Live Nation (yes that same Live Nation that just merged with TicketMaster ... more stories HERE). Then On November 16, 2006, Clear Channel announced plans to go private, being bought out by two private-equity firms, Thomas H. Lee Partners and Bain Capital Partners for $18.7 billion, which is just under a 10 percent premium above its closing price of $35.36 a share on November 16 (the deal values Clear Channel at $37.60 per share). The new ownership of Clear Channel has also announced that all of its TV stations were for sale, as well as 448 radio stations that were outside of the top 100 markets. All of the TV stations and 161 of the radio stations were sold to Providence Equity Partners, a private-equity firm, on April 23, 2007, pending FCC approval. (wiki). Some of you might recognize BAIN CAPITAL as MITT "Max Headroom" ROMNEY's old digs, eh? BAIN was successful in that CCC filed for bankruptcy in early 2010, as reported by Reuters Clear Channel restructuring 'inevitable'-Moody's: The company will still face a critical hurdle in 2016, when about $13.8 billion of debt comes due, and leverage is expected to remain too high to attract more investment and refinance the debt, Moody's said. "It is clear under our assumptions for operating improvement and valuation multiples that the company's debt levels are unmanageable and unrefinancable," the rating agency said. A spokesman for Bain Capital declined comment. ... Even though it will likely begin to generate modest free cash flow in 2013, it is not expected to be able to refinance about $3.7 billion of debt due in 2014 with cash on hand, Moody's said. Too bad about CCC. But what about all the people who worked at all those stations? Many of the "448 radio stations that were outside of the top 100 markets", mostly low-power AM stations, that were sold per the BAIN private-equity model got gobbled up by religious "organizations" or now broadcast (surprise!) Fox Sports Radio. But we digress. Did you hear Keith Olbermann, the controversial MSNBC cable news host, has his contract abruptly terminated by parent company NBC
Bizarrely, nearly half an hour later during an ad break in the following programme, MSNBC showed a station promo featuring Olbermann. But the promo was interrupted halfway through by a mattress advertisment.
DOPEaddict comments Comcast has scored its first bullseye. Eliminating KO is only the first shot in its project of homogenization of NBC's news dept. Now every network & cable news channell will only repeat the company (White House) line -- "all praise neoliberalism & austerity!" No dissent will be allowed. And while KO's liberal, he's hardly what anyone (except the famously ignorant American audience) would call "left." Any & all dissenting voices will soon be silenced, as the empire goes out with a whimper, not a bang. You can vent at DU's Joanne98 post FUCK COMCAST. Meanwhile William Daley, President Barack Obama’s new chief of staff, filed a notice with the Securities and Exchange Commission today to sell 186,190 shares of JPMorgan Chase & Co. that he valued at almost $8.3 million. Then seeSeymour Hersh telling like it is. GO WATCH Churchill Club presents: WikiLeaks: Why It Matters. Why It Doesn't? We're out of time! The Brick TeeVee crew sez "Good Night and Good Luck" to KO as the corporomedia lurches rightward evermore.
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
»»» Democracy Now! Complete Coverage of the Tucson Shooting
»»» MLK DAY SPECIAL @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW SPECIAL: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. in His Own Words Full one hour show.
»»» Juan Cole @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Juan Cole: Tunisia Uprising "Spearheaded by Labor Movements, by Internet Activists, by Rural Workers; It’s a Populist Revolution"
»»» Journalist Kim Ives @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Did Baby Doc Duvalier Return to Haiti to Pressure Préval in the Election?
»»» William Hartung, director of the Arms and Security Initiative at the New America Foundation @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Fifty Years After Eisenhower’s Farewell Address, A Look at "Prophets of War: Lockheed Martin and the Making of the Military-Industrial Complex" His recent Tomdispatch article is "Is Lockheed Martin Shadowing You? How a Giant Weapons Maker Became the New Big Brother."
»»» Bob Edgar, the president of Common Cause @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW On Anniversary of Citizens United Ruling, Common Cause Calls on Justice Dept. to Investigate Scalia and Thomas over Conflicts of Interest
»»» Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin Moves to Create Single-Payer Healthcare System
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW @ GRITtv WATCH David Helvarg: Saved by the Sea
»»» The "F" Word @ GRITtv Obama’s Deregulation Dance with Wall Street & Cutting Taxes Is Breaking The Economy
»»» Fran Ehret, President of the International Federation of Professional & Technical Engineers, Local 194 in New Jersey @ GRITtv Fighting For Respect for New Jersey’s Public Workers
»»» John Fugelsang @ GRITtv WATCH John Fugelsang: Three Reasons the GOP Should Love the Public Option
»»» NFL PLAYOFFS SUNDAY Seahawks @ Bears 1 pm et FOX then Jets @ Patriots 4:30 pm et CBS
»»» NBA on TNT THURSDAY DOUBLEHEADER! Mavs @ Bulls 8 pm et then Clippers @ Blazers 10:30 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
Support the troops who refuse to fight! See CourageToResist.org SPECIAL! Bradley Manning's state deteriorating says David House (h/t nora) Alan Colmes interviewed David House on Thursday's show. House repeatedly has visited Manning over the duration of Manning's detention, the meetings always in a room surveilled and in the presence of guards. House said when the visits began Manning was sharp and alert, but now Manning is slower to respond and seems run down. Here's House's firedoglake article: Bradley Manning Speaks About His Conditions Here's the Colmes' show with the interview of House: David House of FireDogLake.com joins Alan to reveal what he learned during his visit with U.S. Army Private Bradley Manning in the Quantico brig. Also see Merged Manning-Lamo Chat Logs and Glenn Greenwald The inhumane conditions of Bradley Manning's detention & Wired's refusal to release or comment on the Manning chat logs
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,436 US Military Dead as of Jan 19, 2010
AFGHANISTAN: 1,466 US Military Dead as of Jan 19, 2010
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. Tapper explains that as a host, you can only do so much fact-checking during the interview.
• Sen. Kent Conrad
• Sen. Joe Lieberman
• Sens. Kay Bailey Hutchison
• Rep. Chris Gibson (R-N.Y.)
• Rep. Bobby Schilling (R-Ill.)
• Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah)
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, Nobel Prize-winning economist and New York Times Columnist Paul Krugman, former Bush political strategist Matthew Dowd, and Democratic strategist Donna Brazile
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer Topic: America in the Aftermath of the Arizona Shootings
• Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.
• Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y.
- 60 Minutes (CBS) Editor's Note: 8 p.m. ET, 7 p.m. PT
• 60 MINUTES will be pre-empted this Sunday, Jan. 23, for CBS Sports coverage of the American Football Conference Championship game between the New York Jets and the Pittsburgh Steelers. We return with an all-new show on Sunday, Jan. 30.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish.
• House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA)
• ROUNDTABLE: Assistant Democratic Leader in the House, Rep. James Clyburn (D-SC); former advisor to President George W. Bush, Ambassador Karen Hughes; Former Clinton Chief of Staff John Podesta now with the Center for American Progress, the Political Director for Atlantic Media, Ron Brownstein; and CNBC’s Erin Burnett.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• former Secretary of State Colin Powell
• Dr. Lisa Dixon, the associate director of the Mental Illness Research Center.
• Democratic strategist Paul Begala
• former Bush speechwriter Michael Gerson
• author and presidential historian Richard Norton Smith
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
Talkers’ Magazine : Bob Kincaid one of The Frontier Fifty!!!
• PRAYER MEETIN' WEDNESDAY!!!!!! Arch Pope Bishop Elder Chief Rabbi Exalted Imam Bob in the Catherdral of Common of Sense from the Server of Reason! Halleluja! Listen HERE (mp3)! Amen to White Rose Society for the podcasts! Head On Radio needs our help, too! Donate HERE!
- NEW! GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - January 20, 2011 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Fox "News": The most disinformative name in news!; California retreats...from the rising ocean; Update in the investigation of the nation's worst coal mine accident in 40 years; Northern hemisphere's growing season is growing longer ... PLUS: Shh, don't tell Fox! The Chinese president is a "global warming alarmist" ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Podcast 213 Pat Schroeder on Tucson and Right Wing Attacks; Jason Leopold on the Army’s Pressure on Atheist Soldiers Retired Congresswoman Pat Schroeder (D-CO) talks about the attempted killing of her friend Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and the toxic political climate in Arizona and the nation; Truthout’s Jason Leopold returns to share his investigation into the Army’s “spiritual fitness test” and intolerance of nonbelievers; he also talks about Tom DeLay’s 3-year sentence for money laundering.
• PBC Podcast 214 Boiling Frogs: Journalist Corey Pein Covers Military Contracting and War ProfiteeringIn the latest Boiling Frogs interview, co-hosted with Sibel Edmonds, we talk to Corey Pein, an American journalist whose new website covers military contracting and war profiteering.
• PBC Podcast 215 Shahid Buttar Fights Renewal of Patriot Act; Double Scoop: Ben & Jerry Fight to Reverse ‘Citizens United’ Progressive activism in Washington–Shahid Buttar of the Bill of Rights Defense Committee fights renewal of the Patriot Act; Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield join the fight against corporate influence in elections.
More podcasts at PeterBCollins.com!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! January 21th, 2010
• Stepping into the Ring of Fire this week: Eric Alterman from The Nation magazine will join us to talk about why, even when progressives controlled both the Executive and Legislative branches of government, it was impossible for them to pass the laws they promised would pass during their campaigns.
• Investigative journalist Lee Fang will be here to tell us how the newly elected Republican Congressmen have surrounded themselves with lobbyists – something they promised their Tea Party followers that they would never do.
• Author Nomi Prins will be joining us to discuss President Obama’s economic report card, and we’ll find out who’s benefiting more from his policies – constituents or corporations.
• And attorney and consumer advocate Peter Mougey will be joining us to discuss the secret cabal of Wall Street insiders who have captured the derivatives market and how they’ve perpetrated one of the biggest scams in financial history.
• You Can Listen to Ring of Fire on These Stations HERE.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Sarah Palin’s Sinking Ship Mike Papantonio and Ed Schultz talk about why the leaders of the GOP are warning Sarah Palin to “shut up,” even though they are the ones who created this political Frankenstein.
• VIDEO! Wall Street’s Derivatives Scam Most people have no idea what a derivative is, but if you have a pension run by a private company, you probably own a few. The problem is that the entire derivatives market is being run by a tiny group of banking CEOs who keep their activities a secret, even to their CEO buddies. Together this secret cabal has managed to sell their toxic derivative garbage, which is nothing more than a scam for investors. Mike Papantonio discusses this secret group of Wall Street insiders who control the derivative market with attorney Peter Mougey.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Michele Bachmann – The New Voice of the GOP Is Michele Bachmann kicking off her presidential run with her trip to Iowa today? She won’t say that she’s not, which means that she’d better be prepared to be put under the microscope of Mike Papantonio and Ed Schultz. Watch as the two expose the dirty truth about Bachmann and her Tea Party.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge cosrporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• An example the world should follow by maxkeiser READ Food Price Shock Cometh zerohedge
• JP Morgan craps on the face of US Marines; Goldman does same to customers by maxkeiser READ JPMorgan Messed Up And Improperly Foreclosed On 14 Military Families @ businessinsider.com & Goldman Sachs craps in the mouth of its customers (AGAIN!) @ businessinsider.com
• An example the world should follow by maxkeiser READ More Icelandic bankers arrested @ icenews.com
• Lots of Americans forced into poverty to make this possible by maxkeiser READ JPMorgan Pays Dimon’s Top 15 Executives $73 Million in Shares @ bloomberg
• IMF wins, Irish Government collapses by maxkeiser READ Irish Government Collapses, Six Cabinet Members Resign, Election March 11; How To Negotiate Haircuts @ globaleconomicanalysis
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report: Insane Insanity! (E113)
• KEISER REPORT [KR114] Keiser Report – Corrupt Kleptocracy We interview David Malone.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS  The Truth About Markets – 15 January 2010 Download mp3 HERE
• ON THE EDGE “On the Edge” with David Morgan of Silver-Invester.com
• ON THE EDGE On the Edge with Oscar Leon – 21 January 2011
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Patrick Cockburn January 16, 2011: This interview is from the KPFK 90.7 FM Los Angeles broadcast on January 14th. The original program is HERE. Patrick Cockburn, Middle East correspondent for The Independent, discusses how Muqtada al-Sadr’s return to Iraq has changed the political landscape and made a full US withdrawal by year’s end more likely; how otherwise-nationalist Iraqis use foreign allies as leverage against domestic sectarian/religious rivals; why the Pentagon seems to have drunk its own surge narrative Kool-Aid (in expecting the Iraq occupation to continue indefinitely); why the April Glaspie memo can’t be construed as a green light for invasion, because nobody expected Saddam Hussein to do it; how George H.W. Bush’s failure to support the 1991 Shiite uprising showed a US preference for an enduring, but weakened, Hussein led government, and an understanding that a Shia win would benefit Iran; how plain “stupidity” explains George W. Bush’s policy shift to depose Hussein and occupy the country; and how Iraq’s crippling problems are reflected by the millions of refugees who still refuse to return home. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 28:51
• Gareth Porter January 19, 2011: Gareth Porter, independent historian and journalist for IPS News, discusses Ike Eisenhower’s extraordinary (but too little too late) farewell address; how the overblown Soviet threat and missile gap hoax scared Americans enough to boost the bottom line of defense contractors; how the unlimited supply of government money corrupts otherwise solid businesses that are forced to compete with insiders and cheats; how the perquisites of government/military employment, though relatively harmless in isolation, drive the entire “permanent war state;” revelations that the British mission in Afghanistan was simply to “give the Army something to do;” and the three choices for fighting back against state militarism: abolish government, protest for change, or expatriate. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 33:06
• Greg Mitchell January 19, 2011: Greg Mitchell, author of the Media Fix blog for TheNation.com, discusses why all those people claiming WikiLeaks never released anything noteworthy, need to actually read the cables, or at least follow Greg on Twitter or at TheNation.com, where he has 53 consecutive days of noteworthy WikiLeaks updates; how the mainstream media’s disinterest in WikiLeaks is compensated for by region-specific media outlets reporting on significant local events (the revelations of Tunisia’s government corruption, for example); and the “cherry-picking” style of journalism, for good or evil. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 19:57
• Nick Baumann January 19, 2011: Nick Baumann, assistant editor at Mother Jones, discusses the favorable court proceedings on behalf of Gulet Mohamed, a teenage US citizen detained and mistreated in Kuwait for a month, that may have him headed home soon; the clear Constitutional and legal precedents that prevents the government from banishing a US citizen (in Mohamed’s case, by placing him on the no-fly list, knowing Kuwaiti law demands deportation by a direct flight); FBI interrogators who won’t take “no” for an answer, and who lie about not being bound by US law while in other countries; the proxy detentions of Muslim American citizens, similar to the extraordinary renditions during the Bush administration; and Anwar al-Awlaki’s sentence in absentia in Yemen on a strange incitement to murder charge unrelated to terrorism. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 19:17
• Philip Weiss January 20, 2011: Philip Weiss, investigative journalist and author of the blog MondoWeiss, discusses the mounting pressure on the US to refrain from vetoing a UN resolution critical of Israel’s illegal settlements (even J Street is on board); the glaring omission of George Mitchell from Obama’s new Mideast task force, which is full of establishment hacks and pro-Israel pundits; the continuing pretense that equal concessions must be made in a two-state solution, ignoring the reality of occupation and the vastly unequal parties involved; evidence that the US has lost all credibility as an “honest broker” as a rash of countries independently recognize the Palestinian state; how Noam Chomsky underestimates (or understates) the influence of the Israel lobby; and why a one-state solution is the only reasonable settlement, even though the subject remains verboten in polite society. LISTEN HERE (mp3) 18:05
More interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Sen. Mitch McConnell, (R) Kentucky / Minority Leader
• Sen. Dick Durbin, (D) Illinois / Majority Whip
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml