Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below!
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Brick TeeVee Japan Libya Special! The U.N.'s authorization for the Libyan No-Fly Zone began its action on Saturday. We go to Guardian UK LIVE BLOG Military action begins against Libya - Saturday 19 March • Coalition fires 110 Tomahawk missiles • Pentagon: We will enforce no-fly zone • British forces in action over Libya and more info Libya no-fly zone – live updates • US announces Operation Odyssey Dawn is under way • More than 100 Tomahawk missiles fired on Libyan targets • British and French forces in action over Libya. Check these links out and see if it squares with JOINT CHIEF HEAD GENERAL MIKE MULLEN on This Anampout, FAKE SNOOZE, Face the Bob and Meet the David. Greg Palast explains TEPCO's involvement in Tokyo Electric to Build US Nuclear Plants: The No BS Info on Japan's Disastrous Nuclear Operators
@ t r u t h o u t (h/t maddy): I need to speak to you, not as a reporter, but in my former capacity as lead investigator in several government nuclear plant fraud and racketeering investigations. I don't know the law in Japan, so I can't tell you if Tokyo Electric Power Co (TEPCO) can plead insanity to the homicides about to happen. But what will Obama plead? The administration, just months ago, asked Congress to provide a $4 billion loan guarantee for two new nuclear reactors to be built and operated on the Gulf Coast of Texas - by TEPCO and local partners. As if the Gulf hasn't suffered enough. Here are the facts about TEPCO and the industry you haven't heard on CNN... MO MADDY
Anthony Weiner: Obama Is 'Not A Values Guy' @ huffpo Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) and a handful of other House Democrats expressed deep frustration with President Barack Obama's leadership on Wednesday, saying he needs to do more to set the direction for the progressive movement. ...When asked by The Huffington Post whether what's happening at the state and local level with labor unions and budget battles would rise to the national stage, Weiner said that the leadership of national officials -- including the president -- will be essential to push the issue forward. "We've spent a lot of time waiting for Godot when it comes to the Obama White House, and we kind of -- to some degree -- have to internalize the idea that, you know what? That's probably not the way to go," Weiner said. "We have to start initiating some of this." Continued Weiner: "It is now pretty clear to me -- I'm not saying this is pejorative -- the president, he doesn't animate his day by saying, 'All right, what is the thing that has me fired up today? I'm going to out and try to move the ball on it.' He kind of sees his job as to take this calamitous noise that's going on on the left with people like us and on the right on Fox News, and his path to being a successful president, in his view, is taking that cacophony and trying to make good, level-headed, smart policy out of it and moving it incrementally down the road. That's nice. That's a good thing. We need that, obviously. The problem is there's no substitute for someone really leaning into these values questions." Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) was also at the gathering and later added, in reference to labor and budget battles, "The only regret I have is that the White House isn't fighting back against this. It's one thing to say, 'Well, I stand behind the workers -- how far behind, I don't know.' It's another thing to say, 'I stand with them and in front of them to protect their rights.' And I'm waiting for that to happen." Rep. Peter DeFazio(D-Ore.)said "Republicans are going to have a hard time getting the votes...The first people who are going to get hit are the people on Wall Street, the bond houses and others, who are the biggest supporters of Republicans. So I think we have tremendous leverage on the debt limit. We should say there will not be a single Democratic vote on the debt limit until we put everything on the table. We're willing to look at any spending, but we also have to look at revenue....The problem is the negotiator-in-chief and where he'll end up, and whether we can put some steel in his spine," he said. "I assume he caved in on taxes in December because he was blackmailed on the treaty with Russia with nuclear weapons, which was absolutely critical. But that's pretty pathetic also." The Crew here has the Caver-in Cheif bowing to his Masters of the Universe. Again. But we wholly support Weiner, Kucinich and DeFazio in these efforts. Peeps on the Left Coast have bought out all the iodine pills they can find, as digby explains Plumes Our Way As a friend reminded me last night, we baby boomers were exposed to many radiation plumes throughout our childhoods when they were testing hydrogen bombs in the Pacific, so we shouldn't get panicked about this. So far we seem to be holding up ok. But it is still startling to see this in black and white:
A United Nations forecast of the possible movement of the radioactive plume coming from crippled Japanese reactors shows it churning across the Pacific, and touching the Aleutian Islands on Thursday before hitting Southern California late Friday.
Health and nuclear experts emphasize that radiation in the plume will be diluted as it travels and, at worst, would have extremely minor health consequences in the United States, even if hints of it are ultimately detectable. In a similar way, radiation from the Chernobyl disaster in 1986 spread around the globe and reached the West Coast of the United States in ten days, its levels measurable but minuscule.
The forecast assumes that radioactivity in Japan is released continuously and forms a rising plume. It ends with the plume heading into Southern California and the American Southwest, including Nevada, Utah and Arizona. The plume would have continued eastward if the United Nations scientists had run the projection forward.
Earlier this week, the leading edge of the tangible plume was detected by the Navy’s Seventh Fleet when it was operating about 100 miles northeast of the Japanese reactor complex. On Monday, the Navy said it had repositioned its ships and aircraft off Japan “as a precautionary measure.”
The United Nations agency has also detected radiation from the stricken reactor complex at its detector station in Gunma, Japan, which lies about 130 miles to the southwest.
The chairman of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Gregory B. Jaczko, said Monday that the plume posed no danger to the United States. “You just aren’t going to have any radiological material that, by the time it traveled those large distances, could present any risk to the American public,” he said in a White House briefing.
Mr. Jaczko was asked if the meltdown of a core of one of the reactors would increase the chance of harmful radiation reaching Hawaii or the West Coast.
“I don’t want to speculate on various scenarios,” he replied. “But based on the design and the distances involved, it is very unlikely that there would be any harmful impacts.”
If there has to be a radiation plume that's pretty much how you'd want it to go. The longer it's out there in the Pacific the more it disperses. Better there than over Tokyo. THIS JUST IN! We defer to our clairvoyant, critical-thinking contributor MS with this bit of clarity commenting on Suburban Guerrilla Suzie Madrak's I’m tired of a president:
She's too easy on him. It's not just that he won't prosecute bankers crimes.... let's not forget he was no innocent bystander - he's a willing participant and one of the main catalytic perpetrators ... He's one of the criminals himself. And he also hand picked, appointed and annointed the head of operations for the whole heist - Timmy.
And when it comes to not prosecuting crimes... let us not forget about the dozens of treasonous criminals who directly proceeded him that he refuses to "look back" at, that committed national and international crimes from illegal war to torture to spying to.... oh we all know the long laundry list.
Now the Justice focus is pirated music and .... marijuana? Not to mention the crackdown on cigarette manufacturers crimes of over 50 yrs ago. Which is a hard one to justify when you're a declared Non-Looker-Backer.
Oh and yeah, the world's poster-country for HUMANITARIANISM is once again going to bomb the dickens out of yet another oil rich country in a sweeping gesture of ....humanitarianism.
I'm tired too.
You know what's interesting. If there had not been a MASSIVE media campaign of disinfo and outright lies for all of these years, not just here but in many/most of TPTB nations..... we would probably all be just nodding in trust when they tell us - Don't worry! Radiation is not harmful, or when they tell Japanese, Don't worry, it's in control and the radiation won't hurt you. And a million other things they tell us and act shocked when we don't listen and obey. The earthlings have finally figured it out that they've been brutally and unconscionably LIED to for ... the longest time. And now the "news" crews can chirp in chorus away all they want... but ... almost nobody believes them anymore. They might as well turn off the power and talk to themselves.
And that's an interesting byproduct of this wall to wall, decade long propaganda campaign.
So War Number 4 begins. While the Peace Prizer In Chief happens to be in Latin America - the only remaining oasis of IMF-free oil land on the globe. And it's handy for us, the 'humanitarian forces', that both neighboring nations to the east and the northwest have just been thrust into chaos just prior to flying in the F 22s. Wonder who the new puppet we'll be installing is ...
Wonder what the humanitarian output going to Japan is - in comparison to the humanitarian output going to Libya. Not to mention our humanitarian efforts in Afghanistan Pakistan and Iraq. And the behind the scenes humanitarian work of Africom in African oil rich nations. And all those armed humanitarians at bases in Colombia, and Costa Friggin Rica who doesn't even have a military. Feels so heart-warming at tax time to know that your hard earned money is at least going to pay for 'humanitarian' causes around the world. Why, it's almost like just donating a chunk of your income to international charity. We do fall a wee short on exercising those humanitarian efforts in our own country however. The one where a staggering 20% of our children live in poverty. As in 1 out of every 5 children.
I smell inflation on the US horizon as well. Can't overlook the significance of the timing. Because in our lifetimes, working people have never been in such economic pain as they are now. Because we've never seen so many people lose jobs (one county here is at 15% unemployment), lose health care, and homes, go hungry and homeless. Because we've never seen so much mega corporate and bankster profits. So watch the necessities skyrocket at a time such as this one. Food, gas, rent -- one by one they will become luxury items for the sector Formerly Known As: "Middle Class".
It would almost be more "humane" to do it Chinese style. Just line us up and execute us. This slow tortuous death is laced with cruelty and sadism.
Weekend rant on the Humanity of it all. THAT is about as concise as you can get! Thanks MS for the summary! Too much to report on so see all the links below for more REAL NEWS! At the Big Dance #8 seed BUTLER (who defeated the CSU Vikings three times to win the Horizon League championship) upset #1 seed PITT on Saturday while the Big Ten's #4 seed Wisconsin Badgers move on beating #5 Kansas State. We're all Badgers now, eh? The Brick TeeVee Crew is waiting for The #1 Ohio State Buckeyes game vs. #8 George Mason. Tip off around 5:15 pm. Also The Big Ten's #8 Michigan draws #1 Duke! Check your local listings! Meanwhile in Cactus League action The Tribe outslugged the Angels 10-7 Saturday upping their spring record to 9-11 (.450). Opening Day is only ELEVEN DAYS AWAY!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
EXCLUSIVE Aristide Returns @ Democracy Now! WATCH NOW Haiti March 18: Democracy Now! reports from South Africa and Haiti on the return of former Haitian President Jean-Bertrand Aristide, who was ousted by a U.S.-backed coup and has been living in exile in South Africa for the last seven years.
»»» Vermont Gov. Peter Shumlin @ DEMOCRACY NOW! WATCH NOW Vermont Gov. Fights to Close Vermont Yankee, One of 23 U.S. Nuclear Power Facilities Nearly Identical to Failed Japanese Plant March 15, 2011
»»» journalist Yana Kunichoff @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW “Bahrain is No Longer an Independent Country, It is Occupied by Saudi Forces”: Activist Says Pro-Democracy Protests Will Continue March 15, 2011
»»» Nuclear engineer Arnie Gundersen @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW “This Could Become Chernobyl on Steroids”: Nuclear Engineer Arnie Gundersen on Japan’s Growing Nuclear Crisis March 15, 2011
»»» Philip White of the Citizens’ Nuclear Information Center & Peter Ford of the Christian Science Monitor @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW “No Happy Ending”: Nuclear Experts Say Japan’s Disaster is Intensifying March 16, 2011
»»» Paul Gunter of Beyond Nuclear & investigative journalist Karl Grossman @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW “Serious Danger of a Full Core Meltdown”: Update on Japan’s Nuclear Catastrophe March 17, 2011
»»» Frank Emspak of the Workers Independent News @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW "We Have Reached a Turning Point”: Journalist Frank Emspak Says Protests Will Grow in Response to WI Anti-Union Bill March 18, 2011
»»» Philip White of the Citizens’ Nuclear Information Center & Dr. Ira Helfand of Physicians for Social Responsibility @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW "Underestimating the Seriousness of the Problem": Experts Urge Japan to Raise Nuclear Alert Level and Evacuate Wider Area March 18, 2011
»»» Ralph Nader @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW "Why Are We Playing Russian Roulette With the American People?": Longtime Nuclear Critic Ralph Nader Advocates Phasing Out Nuclear Power Industry March 18, 2011
»»» Daniel Elsberg @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Daniel Ellsberg on Bradley Manning’s Solitary Confinement: "The Conditions Clearly Violate the Constitution" March 18, 2011
»»» Daniel Elsberg @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Daniel Ellsberg Joins Peace Activists Risking Arrest at Protest Marking Iraq War Anniversary, Nader Calls for Impeachment of Obama And the continuing conversation EXCLUSIVE ON-LINE Ralph Nader and Daniel Ellsberg: We Need to See Courage and Mobilization Here as Well as the Middle East March 18, 2011
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW @ GRITtv WATCH Michael Moore & Donna Smith: Still Sicko
»»» Wasserman, Hightower & Lautenschlager @ GRITtv Harvey Wasserman, Jim Hightower, and Peg Lautenschlager
»»» Sally Kohn of Movement Vision @ GRITtv Sally Kohn: Putting Public Broadcasting in Perspective
»»» Leo Gerard, President of the United Steelworkers @ GRITtv Leo Gerard: Time to Rethink Nuclear Power
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Check your local listings on CBS, TNT, TBS & TruTV
»»» NASCAR on FOX Jeff Byrd 500 @ Bristol! 1 pm
»»» NBA on NBA TV Doubleheader Tuesday! Bulls @ Hawks 8:00 pm then Suns @ Lakers 10:30 pm
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org UPDATE! Daniel Ellsberg at White House and Quantico This Weekend for Bradley Manning by Jane Hamsher & Quantico Marine Base Issues “Threat Advisory” for Bradley Manning Protest by Michael Whitney.
FORA.tv Series: WikiLeaks: Security Threat or Media Savior? WikiLeaks: Why It Matters. Why It Doesn't? Debate at the Churchill Club - With Daniel Elsberg, Clay Shirky, Neville Roy Singham, Peter Thiel, Jonathan Zittrain and Moderated by Paul Jay, CEO and Senior Editor, The Real News Network
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackeberries, Droid and other phonesto help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. The T.J. Martell Foundation is the music industry's largest foundation funding cutting edge medical research focused on finding cures for leukemia, cancer and AIDS. The Foundation sources and supports early-stage research projects aimed at developing more effective treatments for patients which otherwise might not be funded. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,440 US Military Dead as of March 18, 2011
AFGHANISTAN: 1,505 US Military Dead as of March 18, 2011
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. See Politifact Statements ABC News 'This Week'
• Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Adm. Mike Mullen
• Energy Secretary Steven Chu
• former Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff
• former Energy Secretary Bill Richardson.
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, former Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz, former ranking Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee Jane Harman and noted author Robin Wright of the U.S. Institute of Peace
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• The latest on the Libya crisis, and the disaster in Japan
• Admiral Mike Mullen
• Rep. Ed Markey, D-Mass.
• Senator Richard Lugar, R-Ind
• Also featuring reports from CBS correspondents
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• Japan - Scott Pelley reports on the American team working to avert nuclear disaster in Japan after the tsunami crippled a power plant. Robert Anderson and Henry Schuster are the producers.
• The N-word - A Southern publisher's sanitized edition of "Huckleberry Finn" that replaces the N-word with "slave" over 200 times is the focal point for a debate on the use of the controversial word in American society. Byron Pitts reports. David Schneider is the producer.
• The Archbishop - In a wide-ranging interview with Morley Safer, New York's Archbishop Timothy M. Dolan discusses the sex abuse crisis in the Catholic church, his current mission and the state of the church in America. Deirdre Naphin is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish. See their website MeetTheFacts.com updating soon!
• Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Admiral Mike Mullen
• Senate Armed Services Committee, Chairman Sen. Carl Levin (D-MI)
• Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL)
• Chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee, Sen. John F. Kerry (D-MA).
• ROUNDTABLE: NBC’s Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent Andrea Mitchell, NBC’s Chief Pentagon Correspondent Jim Miklaszewski, and the New York Times’ Helene Cooper plus former CIA Director, Gen. Michael Hayden and president of the Council on Foreign Relations, Richard Haass.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• An historic earthquake has wrought havoc on Japan. As rescue efforts get underway and unearthly footage continues to become available, we'll bring it to you throughout Sunday morning.
• Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Adm. Mike Mullen.
• former CENTCOM commander Adm. William Fallon (Ret.)
• former Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Richard Myers (Ret.)
• Sen. John McCain
• Sen. Joe Lieberman
• Secretary of Energy Steven Chu and two nuclear experts.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
• DAHR JAMAIL at the University of West Virginia Go to USTREAM for An Evening with Dahr Jamail Video! Broadcast LIVE on The Horn Thursday February 17, 2011. Dahr Jamail has reported extensively on the BP Deepwater Horizon oil rig catastrophe in the Gulf of Mexico and discusses his latest findings and how the same lax government oversight and corporate culture releates to mountaintop removal.
• TUESDAY SHOW!!!!!! ! Listen HERE (mp3)! Amen to White Rose Society for the podcasts! Head On Radio needs our help, too! Donate HERE!
- NEW! GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - March 17, 2011 IN TODAY'S SPECIAL RADIO REPORT: Crisis in Japan: Compounding natural disaster, humanitarian disaster, and spiraling nuclear disaster --- desperate measures to hold off a nuclear nightmare... All that and more in today's Green News Report! IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): EPA moves to curb toxic mercury pollution; Battle-proof wind farms survive Japan disasters; Op-ed: 'Save US children from toxic mercury'; End of cheap food in US?; Koch Bros: property rights only for polluters; Gov. Kasich (R) wants fracking in OH state parks; Sec. Chu: Clean energy puts U.S. ahead; PA: Coal Exec Given Vast Environmental Authority; WV considering geothermal future; Google backs biofuel startup; If President Obama calls it safe, watch out; Germany's Merkel plans faster shift to clean energy ... PLUS: Irish scientists help Guinness go green...
Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Podcast 227 Mike Farrell on Illinois Abolishing Death Penalty; One American’s Perspective on Saudi Arabia; Your Tax Dollars Fund Crackdown in Bahrain Mike Farrell, actor/activist on the abolition of the death penalty in Illinois; John Paul Jones, author of If Olaya Street Could Talk: Saudi Arabia, the Heartland of Oil and Islam.
• PBC Podcast 228 Another Frank Chat with Thomas Frank; Gary Chew Reviews “Red Riding Hood” Thomas Frank, columnist for Harper’s, returns to chat about the coordinated assault on unions and the middle class; Gary Chew, who is not a 12-year-old girl, reviews the remake of Red Riding Hood
• PBC Podcast 229 William Hartung on Lockheed Martin, Your #1 Defense Contractor; Filmmaker Ken Boswer on New Phil Ochs Doc Bill Hartung’s new book about Lockheed Martin details the company’s dominance of the military-industrial complex and its outsized influence on US policy; Kenneth Bowser talks about his new documentary, Phil Ochs: There But for Fortune.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! March 18, 2010
• Stepping into the Ring of Fire this week: Brave New Films founder Robert Greenwald will join us to discuss his latest film that will expose every shady activity being carried out by the Koch Brothers.
• Mark Potok from the Southern Poverty Law Center will be here to tell us about the rising numbers of anti-government hate groups that have popped up in the last year.
• Investigative journalist Chris Hayes will be joining us to discuss the real reason behind skyrocketing gas prices at the pump.
• And author Rick Perlstein will be here to give us an update on the situation in Wisconsin.
• You Can Listen to Ring of Fire on These Stations HERE.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: GOP’s Union Busting is Theft The GOP’s assault on organized labor has been taking place for decades in America, and only recently has the story managed to make the headline news. And the story goes way deeper than what’s happening in Wisconsin. The GOP is actively trying to keep working class Americans living in poverty, just so their corporate masters can add a few extra dollars to their bottom lines. Make no mistake – their union busting efforts are just a new tool in their ongoing class war. Mike Papantonio discusses the GOP’s plan with Joshua Holland, an investigative journalist with Alternet.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: The Republican Court-Packing Scam Mike Papantonio and Ed Schultz discuss the Republicans’ plans to flood our court systems with lawsuits relating to the infamous Citizens’ United ruling, which they are hoping will expand the scope of the ruling and allow even more cash to flow into our federal elections.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Japan Nuclear Crisis Could Happen Here Mike Papantonio and Ed Schultz discuss the possibility of a nuclear meltdown in the US, in the wake of the failing nuclear reactors in Japan that resulted from last week’s earthquake.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• This amount was simply pocketed by the primary dealers (including 9/11 cry-baby Cantor Fitzgerald) and is now a liability of the Federal Reserve, and putatively the US taxpayer. by maxkeiser READ How the NY Fed Gifted An Extra $15.7 Million To Wall Street Yesterday @ zerohedge
• Sock puppet nation. Home of the twee, the naive, and perpetually ponzi’d. by maxkeiser READ The US Military Is Planning On Manipulating Public Opinion Through Secret Facebook Software @ busniessinsider.com
• JP Morgan begin charging $5 ATM fees by stacyherbert Stacy Summary: Crash JP Morgan, Buy Silver READ JP Morgan tests $5 ATM fees @ huffpo: Banks justify charging you to get hold of your own money with claims that ATM networks are expensive to build and maintain. But, the WSJ reports, most of the 425,000 ATMs in the U.S. are not owned by banks, they’re owned by the companies who place terminals in delis, bars and casinos.
• VIDEO! Egyptian Democracy Movement Expected To Reject New Constitution by maxkeiser
• VIDEO! Noam Chomsky on Egypt, Libya and Madison March 18th, 2011 by stacyherbert Stacy Summary: From about 05.48, Chomsky sounds a lot like Max on Cairo and Madison passing each other on the road to and from freedom.
•Buffett – trading on inside information – steals $3.7 bn. from the American taxpayer. by maxkeiser READ Buffett Generates $3.7 Billion on 2008 Goldman Sachs Investment @ bloomberg. How did retards like Geithner and Bernanke (and Obama) end up working for the taxpayer? They never saw any of the crisis coming. They had no idea what to do. They stumbled and fumbled and threw away hundreds of billions. Meanwhile, W. Buffett, a man of average intelligence, trading on inside information, walks into the Fed (i.e., Goldman Sachs) and steals a few billion in broad daylight. Why can’t America put people that have at least Warren’s intelligence in positions of power? Oh right, this would upset the banks. So we end up with shit-for-brains like Geithner and Bernanke looking out for our interests. The results are in. Kleptos take all. Peasants get nothing.
• “Radiation was detected in water in Tokyo and the prefectures of Tochigi, Gunma, Saitama, Chiba and Niigata, Japan’s Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology said today in a faxed statement.” by maxkeiser READ Radiation Found In Tokyo Tap Water As Japan Halts Sale Of Fukushima Area Food Products @ zerohedge
• VIDEO! Ron Paul on military Keynesianism and faux fiscal conservatism by stacyherbert Stacy Summary: Get ready for the Red Team hate in comments, but Ron Paul is so, so right here. It fits in with our agnotologic capitalism. This is agnotologic politics that Paul describes.
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report: Supermassive 30 billion black hole
• KEISER REPORT [KR130] Keiser Report: Mad Mob vs Midwest Mubaraks
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS  The Truth About Markets – 12 March 2011 Download mp3 HERE Donations to ResonanceFM here.
• ON THE EDGE [OTE101] On the Edge with Gonzalo Lira We interview Gonzalo Lira.
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Philip Giraldi March 17, 2011: Former CIA officer Philip Giraldi discusses CIA contractor Raymond Davis’s release from Pakistani custody after his “blood money” check cleared; the cheap and easy restitution for US killing in third world countries (aka: “Sorry about that, kid. Here’s $1500); how Col. Gaddafi’s tenacious hold on power has surprised many of his critics; how Obama’s reluctance to be “The Decider” has decreased US leverage in foreign policy negotiations; and the National Endowment for Democracy’s watchful eye on ME/NA revolutions.
• Rep. Walter Jones March 17, 2011: Rep. Walter Jones, eight term Congressman from North Carolina, discusses the talk of a 2014, instead of 2011, Afghanistan withdrawal deadline; the Kucinich-Jones cosponsored bill requiring Obama to get the troops out by year’s end; the elusive definition of “winning” the war (possibly meaning building roads and schools in Afghanistan while US infrastructure crumbles); why the US can’t continue as the world’s policeman while borrowing the money to do so; using smarter tactics (more bombs, fewer troops) in fighting the war on terrorism; and how a renewed military draft will serve as a forceful reminder to Americans that there are indeed wars going on.
• Robert Naiman March 19, 2011: Robert Naiman, Policy Director at Just Foreign Policy, discusses Gen. David Petraeus’s “progress” report (contradicted by US intelligence analysts) to Congress for the Afghan War review; polls that show Americans are turning against the war as the Paul-Kucinich-Jones resolution gains support; rhetoric vs. reality on the July 2011 troop drawdown; and why measurements of “success” are only cynically manipulated statistics, as everyone – especially Petraeus – knows the war is a lost cause.
• Mike Gogulski March 19, 2011: Mike Gogulski, founder of the Bradley Manning Support Network, discusses the myriad events going on this weekend (March 19-20) in support of Bradley Manning; Obama’s decision to rely on Pentagon assurances that Manning was being appropriately treated in custody – after (former) State Department spokesman P.J. Crowley forced the issue; the mainstream media’s broad objection to Manning’s forced nudity and other degradations; and the incredible WikiLeaks revelations that have shaken corrupt governments the world over.
Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Adm. Mike Mullen, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff
• Sen. Lindsey Graham, (R) South Carolina / Armed Services Cmte.
• Sen. Jack Reed, (D) Rhode Island / Armed Services Cmte
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml