Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below!
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
Brick TeeVee Worldwide Crisis Edition! What's next? Locusts? Right? OH They're in Congress and statehouses! (h/t susan haha!)
We go to BradBlog's Brad Friedman on 3/12/2011 3:04am [Live Blogging] EXPLOSION ROCKS NUCLEAR PLANT AT FUKUSHIMA | INJURIES, PLUMES OF SMOKE, WALLS COLLAPSED | EVAC AREA WIDENED @ 3/12/2011 3:04am PM spokes: 'container not breached'; 140k evacuated; 4 injured in explosion; 'At least' 9 exposed to radiation (may rise to 160) LATEST: Radiation levels too high, Meltdown may have occurred; Iodine pills for radiation poisoning circulated | Emergency cooling system fails at 2nd reactor, valve opened to release pressure... YIKES! Much more all over the series of toobs - feel free to post yer findings below. The Crew found some interesting items at globalresearch.ca Click through and post some snips if you can. Lots to read! •How Wisconsin Can Turn Austerity into Prosperity – Own a Bank - by Ellen Brown - 2011-03-07 Wisconsin has a population that is nine times the size of North Dakota’s. Other factors being equal, Wisconsin might be able to amass over $24 billion in deposits and generate an equivalent sum in loans – over six times the deficit complained of by the state’s governor. That lending capacity could be used for many purposes, depending on the will of the legislature and state law. • How to Read Gates’s Shift on the Wars - by Ray McGovern - 2011-03-03 Now, the savvy Gates appears to have made a new calculation, that it is the right time to join the rats leaving the sinking ship of the Iraq and Afghan war policies.• German Imperialism and the Crisis in Libya- by Peter Schwarz, Alex Lantier - 2011-03-03
The precipitate and reckless haste of the German ruling elite to flex its military muscle in Libya suggests that it sees the crisis there as an opportunity to shed whatever remnants remain of the post-World War II restrictions on the German military. • Civil war in Libya, intervention by the West already a reality- by William Bowles - 2011-03-06
Coup or insurrection? The more we learn about how the 'insurrection' in Libya unfolded the more it appears that behind the demonstrations a coup was being launched. Nothing else explains the overnight appearance of weapons including attacks on arms depots and military installations accompanied by well-timed rumours of atrocities being committed by Ghadafi's air force and 'African mercenaries'. And this one is really long...
Venezuela : the Embattled Future - by Dr. Frederic F. Clairmont - 2011-03-03 I daresay it would be well nigh impossible to find a more succinct exposition of the motive force of this revolution. I hasten to add that this concise humanist credo is also an obituary of the white man's blood-drenched ruling-class Church as it has evolved since the Conquista and whose overriding role was and remains the reduction of its victims to Christianity, servility and subordination. Back in Wisconsin we give a big h/t to jen for
dday @ firedoglake.com
Anti-Public Employee Bill Passes Senate in Wisconsin; Only the Beginning of the Fight. . . So what happens now? There are a host of potential implications:
If you think Hosni Walker is bad see RACHEL MADDOW @ PoliticusUSA on MI's Guvnor Rick Snider Rachel Maddow Exposes Michigan Republicans Secret War On Democracy Snyder calls his “budget bill” a “shared sacrifice,” but it gifts corporations with 1.8 billion in tax breaks while hitting citizens with harder taxes, including seniors and other vulnerables, and cutting essential services to an already suffering region. We can't find the transcript so post below if you find it! THEN MADDOW interviews NAOMI KLEIN! WATCH Rachel's interview @ truthout Naomi Klein: GOP Strategy for Disaster Capitalism and see below for the FULL HOUR Naomi Klein interview on DN! Next John Amato @ crookandliars.com uncovers Nebraska Anti-Abortion Law Tortures Mother to watch her Baby Die! This is sick and twisted but entirely predictable, because extremist conservatives already in the government are now being emboldened by the arrival of the Fox News Tea Party Brigade in the halls of power. We give the last word to HARVEY WASSERMAN @ www.NukeFree.org:
• Assembly. First, the state assembly has to pass the bill. That shouldn’t be too difficult; because it’s supposedly “non-fiscal,” there’s no hope of a quorum fight that could be caused by a Democratic walkout. And Assembly Republicans already voted for the whole budget repair bill – at 1 in the morning a couple weeks ago – with only a few defections. So passing the anti-union piece, which was in that other bill, shouldn’t be a big struggle for them. It’s pretty clear this will go to Gov. Scott Walker for his signature.
• Legal challenges. There are going to be a number of legal challenges to this bill. It will not be implemented right away. There’s the near-term challenge of how the bill got passed tonight. It was done in a way that may have violated open meetings laws, by not allowing 24 hours notice for a public meeting of the conference committee. There are other statutes about collective bargaining that may be brought up in court and fought. And there’s the issue of the bill having a fiscal impact. Scott Walker spent three weeks claiming that collective bargaining was a fiscal issue, and then the legislature just passed the bill as “non-fiscal.” Courts will have to wade through a lot of this, and it’s sure to go up to the state Supreme Court. Which brings us to…
• Supreme Court fight. The matchup between David Prosser (R) and JoAnn Kloppenberg (D) for the state Supreme Court on April 5 just got very interesting. It’s a statewide vote, and the balance of power on the state Supreme Court is at stake. Right now there are 4 Republicans and 3 Democrats on the court, but one of those Republicans is Prosser. Expect lots of organizing and millions of dollars poured into this election, which is much like a political election, with debates and everything. If Democrats win, the legality of what took place tonight may be put in greater question.
• General strike. Union leaders are reportedly discussing a general strike, and the mood of the protesters, who stormed the Capitol upon word of the bill, echoes that. You could see some kind of near-term labor walkout, at least in Madison and possibly throughout the state.
• Recalls. This will only energize progressives and labor to get the required signatures for recalls. All 8 Republicans eligible for recall voted to strip public employee unions of their rights, despite clear public opposition. Many of these Republicans, frankly, are going to recall as early as this summer, and if just three of them lose, the balance of power will switch to Democrats in the state Senate. There are also races for three open seats in the state Assembly coming up in May, so even more movement could occur.
• Scott Walker. If his approval ratings were slipping before, they may fall off a cliff now. Walker cannot be recalled until January 2012, and that’s a long way off. But depending on the momentum from the state Supreme Court election, recall elections, Assembly open seats, and legal fights, there could easily be enough support to recall Walker by then.
That’s a thumbnail sketch. This is obviously a huge setback for the labor movement – the bill has a number of provisions designed not just to restrict bargaining rights but stop the flow of union dues in the state – but it also represents an opportunity. This is the beginning, not the end of this fight.
- Japan's Quake Could Have Irradiated the Entire US Had the massive 8.9 Richter-scale earthquake that has just savaged Japan hit off the California coast, it could have ripped apart at least four coastal reactors and sent a lethal cloud of radiation across the entire United States. (http://nukefree.org/ace-hoffman-computerized-graphic-what-if-chernobyl-hit-america )
The two huge reactors each at San Onofre and Diablo Canyon are not designed to withstand such powerful shocks. All four are extremely close to major faults. All four reactors are located relatively low to the coast. They are vulnerable to tsunamis like those now expected to hit as many as fifty countries.
~snip~ By the federal Price-Anderson Act of 1957, the owners of the destroyed reactors---including Pacific Gas & Electric and Southern California Edison---would be covered by private insurance only up to $11 billion, a tiny fraction of the trillions of dollars worth of damage that would be done. The rest would become the responsibility of the federal taxpayer and the fallout victims. Virtually all homeowner insurance policies in the United States exempt the insurers from liability from a reactor disaster.
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
Acclaimed Libyan poet and scholar Khaled Mattawa @ Democracy Now! WATCH NOW “Libya is Forever Changed by These Events”: Libyan Poet and Scholar Khaled Mattawa on the Pro-Democracy Movement Amid Government Violence February 21
»»» Robert McChesney, co-founder of Free Press @ DEMOCRACY NOW! WATCH NOW As Public Broadcasting and Community Media Face Potentially Massive Cuts at Home, Hillary Clinton Calls for Increased Funding for U.S. Propaganda Overseas March 7, 2011
»»» Michael Moore @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Michael Moore Joins Wisconsin Labor Protests: “America Is Not Broke” March 7, 2011 RELATED: "This is a Class War": Michael Moore Calls for Renewed Pro-Democracy Movement as Anti-Union Bills Approved in Wisconsin and Michigan March 10, 2011
»»» Kavita Ramdas of the Global Fund for Women @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW “Women’s Rights are Workers’ Rights:” Kavita Ramdas on History of International Women’s Day and Challenges Women Face 100 Years Later March 8, 2011
»»» Naomi Klein @ Democracy NOW! Naomi Klein joins us today in our studio for the hour. WATCH NOW DN! Wednesday, March 9, 2011
»»» Democracy Now! correspondent Anjali Kamat interviews Essam Gheriani @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW As Calls Grow for No Fly-Zone in Libya, Questions over Legality and Past Precedents Give Pause March 10, 2011
»»» Frank Emspak of the Workers Independent News @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW "We Have Reached a Turning Point”: Journalist Frank Emspak Says Protests Will Grow in Response to WI Anti-Union Bill March 10, 2011
»»» Wisconsin Reactions @ Democracy NOW! We speak to graduate student organizer Peter Rickman, Democratic Rep. Kelda Helen Roys, and State Democratic Sen. Chris Larson, who remains in Illinois. WATCH NOW Outrage in Wisconsin: Thousands Flood Capitol After GOP Strips Public Workers of Bargaining Rights in Surprise Senate Vote March 10, 2011
»»» Democracy Now! from Madison @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Walkouts, Bank Boycotts and Recalls: Wisconsin Protests Intensify as Union-Busting Legislation Pushed through State Assembly March 11, 2011
»»» Japan Earthquake-Tsunami @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Japan Struck by One of Biggest Earthquakes in Recorded History, Tsunamis Threaten Pacific Basin March 11, 2011
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW @ GRITtv WATCH LIVE FROM MADISON, WISCONSIN
»»» SHERROD BROWN D-OH @ GRITtv Sen. Sherrod Brown: Energized Workers Fighting Back
»»» Maya Wiley of the Center for Social Inclusion @ GRITtv Maya Wiley: What’s Missing at The King Hearings
»»» Rev. Jesse Jackson @ GRITtv Rev. Jesse Jackson: Increased Pain, Passion, Polarization
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» PBA on ESPN
The 68TH LUMBER LIQUIDATORS Dick Weber PBA Playoffs start next week!
»»» NASCAR on FOX Next week @ Bristol!
»»» NBA on NBA TV Thursday! Cavs @ Blazers 10:00 pm
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org UPDATE! A Visitor Watches Bradley Manning’s Mental Health Deteriorate By: Ryan Gallagher For over seven months, Manning has been detained in solitary confinement at a maximum security military brig in Virginia. He has been forced to endure widely condemned conditions and could face the death sentence as a result of charges recently leveled against him. He has yet to receive so much as a preliminary hearing. House, who was born in Alabama, was brought up in a conservative household and was an Eagle Scout as a boy. He admits that growing up he “never really had any big doubts about the US govt or about the fact that people’s due process may be infringed upon.” Consequently, the detainment and subsequent treatment of his friend, Manning, came as something of a shock and an awakening. He helped start the Bradley Manning Advocacy Fund and has appeared on television and radio talking about the treatment of the soldier. It has been a “very jarring” experience, he says. Last week, as part of a media conference call with Pentagon Papers leaker Daniel Ellsberg and former Judge Advocate General Jon Shelburne, House spoke at length about his experiences visiting Manning. What he described was deeply troubling. He spoke about how the severe emotional and physical deprivation forced upon Manning is taking its toll, and suggested US authorities are – by treating him harshly – trying to extract a confession that implicates WikiLeaks’ editor-in-chief, Julian Assange. It is important that the full story, as told by House, is in the public domain. In this case, a single quote as chosen by a journalist is simply not enough. Below is a transcript of House’s story, taken from a phonecall on Thursday 3 March 2011. A recording of the call can be heard HERE. LISTEN!
FORA.tv Series: WikiLeaks: Security Threat or Media Savior? WikiLeaks: Why It Matters. Why It Doesn't? Debate at the Churchill Club - With Daniel Elsberg, Clay Shirky, Neville Roy Singham, Peter Thiel, Jonathan Zittrain and Moderated by Paul Jay, CEO and Senior Editor, The Real News Network
WORLD CAN'T WAIT!March 17-19 Iraq War Protests March 17-19, that’s a Thursday through Saturday, will be protest days in Washington D.C., organized by the ANSWER Coalition, Veterans for Peace, World Can’t Wait, and other groups. Start making your plans now to mark that anniversary, in DC, or wherever you can be visible.
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackeberries, Droid and other phonesto help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. The T.J. Martell Foundation is the music industry's largest foundation funding cutting edge medical research focused on finding cures for leukemia, cancer and AIDS. The Foundation sources and supports early-stage research projects aimed at developing more effective treatments for patients which otherwise might not be funded. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,439 US Military Dead as of March 10, 2011
AFGHANISTAN: 1,499 US Military Dead as of March 10, 2011
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. See Politifact Statements ABC News 'This Week'
• "This Week" anchor Christiane Amanpour reports live from Japan with the latest on the earthquake's true impact as the nation recovers from this natural disaster.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• The latest on the Japan earthquake and tsunami; plus, should the U.S. get more involved in Libya?
• With Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.), Chairman, Homeland Security Committee
• Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-Louisiana), Homeland Security Committee
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• Curve Ball - Bob Simon interviews the Iraqi defector code-named "Curve Ball" - first identified by 60 MINUTES three years ago - whose false tale of a mobile, biological weapons program was the chief justification for invading Iraq. Draggan Mihailovich is the producer.
• Counterfeit Drugs - 60 MINUTES' nine-month investigation of counterfeit prescription drugs reveals how the dangerous and sometimes deadly fakes get into the nation's drug pipeline. Dr. Sanjay Gupta reports. Kyra Darnton, Sam Hornblower and Michael Radutzky are the producers.
• The $125,000 Question - Katie Couric reports on an experimental New York City charter school founded on the idea of hiring the best teachers by paying them $125,000, while denying them tenure. Jenny Dubin is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish. See their website MeetTheFacts.com updating soon!
• Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels (R)
• New York Senator Chuck Schumer (D)
• ROUNDTABLE: Political reporter for The Washington Post, Dan Balz; and host of NPR's "All Things Considered," Michele Norris
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• An historic earthquake has wrought havoc on Japan. As rescue efforts get underway and unearthly footage continues to become available, we'll bring it to you throughout Sunday morning.
• Sen. Jon Kyl (R-Arizona), and
• Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-California)
• Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Illinois)
• Connecticut Gov. Dan Malloy
• economist Mark Zandi of Moody's Analytics
• Douglas Holtz-Eakin, the former director of the Congressional Budget Office.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
• DAHR JAMAIL at the University of West Virginia Go to USTREAM for An Evening with Dahr Jamail Video! Broadcast LIVE on The Horn Thursday February 17, 2011. Dahr Jamail has reported extensively on the BP Deepwater Horizon oil rig catastrophe in the Gulf of Mexico and discusses his latest findings and how the same lax government oversight and corporate culture releates to mountaintop removal.
• TUESDAY SHOW!!!!!! Bob interviews JEFF BIGGERS! Listen HERE (mp3)! Amen to White Rose Society for the podcasts! Head On Radio needs our help, too! Donate HERE!
- NEW! GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - March 10, 2011 A Green News Report SPECIAL REPORTIN TODAY'S SPECIAL RADIO REPORT: (Rebroadcast from 2/15/11) All-out Info War: The U.S. Chamber of Commerce, the nation's largest & most powerful corporate lobbying firm, caught plotting a $12 million disinformation campaign against progressive U.S. organizations, journalists and citizens, including yours truly... IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): "Peak coffee"?; Polar ice sheets melting faster than predicted; Honeybee declines go global; House hearing on climate change science; Buying insurance on climate destabilization; No boom for cellulosic ethanol; NYC bike lanes will determine the future of urban planning; Pee power!; China unveils green targets; Eco-farming doubles yields in Africa; TransCanada pipeline deal benefits Koch Bros.; Zero-energy transparent TV debuts; 4 energy breakthroughs from ARPA-e; NYT fails to report out objective scientific facts; Quebec brakes on fracking while PA gov hands over fracking authority to energy CEO; BP shirks responsibility for Gulf spill ... PLUS: Farewell to Discovery... and much, much more! ....
Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Podcast 226 Prof. Ali Ahmida on Libya and US Response; PBC Joins Labor to Ask: Where’s Obama? Durst on ‘Madness in Madtown’ Libya expert Professor Ali Ahmida on the uprising against Qaddafi and the US response; PBC news and comment on Wisconsin, gas price hikes, NPR gets punked by O’Keefe, Right attacks Planned Parenthood, death penalty abolished in Illinois, GOP blank check to defend DOMA, would Peter King investigate Christians? Will Durst joins at 55:00 to talk about the battle of Madison.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! March 11, 2010
• Stepping into the Ring of Fire this week: Rolling Stone contributing Editor Michael Hastings will be here to tell us how our military leaders in Afghanistan attempted to skew the reality of the war to sway the votes of American senators.
• We’ll also be talking with Mary Holland and Louise Habakus about the vaccine epidemic in America, and how the pharmaceutical industry and the government are hiding the dangers of over-vaccination.
• We’ll also be talking with Congressman Bruce Braley about his recent trip to Afghanistan, and we’ll find out what’s happening in the war that Americans seem to have forgotten about.
• And investigative journalist Lee Fang will join us to discuss his recent rebuttal to Charles Koch’s op-ed where he tried to convince Americans that he and his brother aren’t as evil as we believe.
• You Can Listen to Ring of Fire on These Stations HERE.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: More Progressive Voices Needed to Counter Right Wing Talk Mike Papantonio talks with radio host Hal Ginsberg about the imbalance of political talk radio, and how the overwhelming amount of conservative talk in America has helped create a class of uninformed and misinformed Americans.
• VIDEO! RFK, Jr.: Science Shows That Autism – Mercury Link Exists Studies show that autism rates have increased by more than 300% over the last few years, with as many as one in every 110 children now being diagnosed as autistic. But even as the rates are reaching epidemic proportions, doctors and scientists are still completely oblivious as to the cause of this disease. Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. discusses the causes that the pharmaceutical industry wants us to believe are not true with Dr. Boyd Haley, Professor Emeritus at the University of Kentucky.
• VIDEO! RFK, Jr. – The Tea Party’s Downfall The Tea Party loves to wrap themselves in the Constitution of the United States, but if you look beyond their displays of phony patriotism, you’ll see that most Tea Partiers actually want to rip the Constitution to shreds. They despise the fact that the Constitution grants citizenship status to the children of illegal immigrants, and they’ve even suggested that we limit the right to vote to only people who own property. Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. talks with Michael Waldman, the executive director of the Brennan Center for Justice, who says that the Tea Party’s love for the Constitution could be the thing that finally tears them apart.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge cosrporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• What we have learned so far this year is that if the people want a regime change, they go for it. Scott’s actions warrant such a move by the people, if they want dignity and freedom, and to be free from dictators and tyrants like Scott. Go for it! by maxkeiser READ Scott Walker Responds To Prank Call @ huffpo
• Manchurian Senators by maxkeiser READ Another Runaway General: Army Deploys Psy-Ops on U.S. Senators By Michael Hastings @ RollingStone.com
• Peter King: disgusting 9/11 cry-baby needs to get a real job or go after Wall St. terrorists by maxkeiser MK: Peter King, the guy in D.C. who is hysterically picking on Muslims this week completely misses the point about 9/11. When you aspire to rule the world with the world’s reserve currency and a multi-trillion dollar military budget (with hundreds of military bases around the globe), you are gonna get tagged every now and then. The fact that there has not been another 9/11 since 9/11 shows a FAILURE of America to compete in the world. The stats bear this out. America’s competitiveness in the world has dropped like a stone since 9/11. America is hiding under the table and relying on nickel-and-diming itself to death to pay its enormous Wall St. bailout bills. If America wants to be a world class economic power it must expect, in fact embrace the occasional 9/11. Don’t be pussies. Be competitive and take it as good as you give it. Peter King is a simpering, whiny 9/11 cry-baby type that disgusts me. Why not go after the financial terrorists on Wall St.? Because Peter King is supported by Wall St. terrorists. Peter King has been radicalized by Wall St. terrorists. Peter King is a terrorist. Come on my show and debate me on this point . . . Oh yea, you’re a coward too. Fuck you asshole.
• Roubini, someone who never managed money, has absolutely no idea what he’s saying when it comes to Gold and his track record on the subject is abysmal. by maxkeiser twitter from Nouriel Roubini @Nouriel Nouriel Roubini: "Better hedge than gold against rising food/commodity prices: Spam as you can store it for 1000 years & eat it too. Better intrinsic value." MK: Roubini’s been wrong about Gold for this entire move from $250. And he’ll continue to be wrong up through $5,000. Why? No academic likes Gold. Gold obviates the need for economics professors. Name one economics professor that likes Gold? The smartest economist around – the guy with the PhD – who’s a real smart guy is Marc Faber – but he’s a money manager (not an academic) and he likes Gold. Or how about Jim Rogers, he teaches at Colombia Business School. But he is also a money manager first, professor second. He likes Gold. Roubini (who does not manage money) thinks he sounds clever by trashing Gold. As Gold goes higher, his reputation will shrink. Too bad, nice guy with great flare. But he’s dead wrong about Gold.
• Anonymous goes after BoA Monday? by maxkeiser READ Hacker Collective Anonymous To Release Documents Proving Bank Of America Committed Fraud This Monday @ zerohedge
• Nuclear Emergency in Japan – [UPDATED] March 11th, 2011 by stacyherbert Stacy Summary: Well, if none of us make it through the night, it was nice knowing y’all! READ Risk of radiation leak at Fukushima nuclear power plant at reuters. UPDATE – Radiation levels at Fukushima is 1000 times higher than normal UPDATE 2: Nuclear expert: Fukushima has 24 hours to avoid a core meltdown scenario
•The world is on its way to a Gold standard again by maxkeiser READ The Gold Standard 2.0 is Coming @ zerohedge
• Disaster Capitalism means passing extremist, klepto-friendly polices during the heat of a disaster, but it’s also used to quietly sweep away massive fraud and criminal actions like Lehman’s Repo 105 fraud by maxkeiser READ Letting No Disaster Go To Waste, SEC Prepares To Let Lehman Executives Walk For Repo 105 Fraud @ zerohedge
• Flickr pulls up digital drawbridge, leaves peasants to get crushed by thugs paid for by financiers of Flickr by maxkeiser READ Flickr Confirms Taking Down Egyptian Blogger’s Photos, Cites Community Guidelines Violation @ techcrunch
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report from Cairo: US Gaddafies We interview Hisham Allam, a journalist and blogger in Cairo.
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report: Messy Democracies
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS  The Truth About Markets – 12 March 2011 Download mp3 HERE Donations to ResonanceFM here.
• ON THE EDGE [OTE100] On the Edge with David Degraw Max interviews David Degraw.
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• The Other Scott Horton March 11, 2011: The Other Scott Horton (no relation), international human rights lawyer, professor and contributing editor at Harper’s magazine, discusses the Quantico brig’s confiscation of Bradley Manning’s underwear and flip flops (and the rest of his clothes), supposedly to prevent his suicide; why this is punitive treatment for Manning – a model prisoner who has been cleared by the brig psychiatrist as non-suicidal; the theoretical possibility of prosecuting Manning’s jailers; how the mistreatment of prisoners in military custody could negatively effect the rights of US soldiers captured by an enemy; and Obama’s reshuffling (not elimination) of Guantanamo.
• Ahmed al-Assy March 11, 2011: Ahmed al-Assy, an Egyptian-American living in Egypt and a participant in the Tahrir Square protests, discusses the generally positive reception for Egypt’s new Prime Minister and Foreign Minister; rumors that new attacks on Coptic Christians are yet again the work of agent provocateurs; the discovery of Egypt’s wiretapping program; roaming gangs of thugs returning to Tahrir Square; the hotbeds of activism within recently reopened universities; and Ahmed’s successful journey to Gaza, where he toured the unrepaired devastation from Operation Cast Lead and delivered a symbolic bag of cement.
• Robert A. Pape March 12, 2011: Robert A. Pape, coauthor of Cutting the Fuse: The Explosion of Global Suicide Terrorism and How to Stop It, discusses the extremely high correlation of suicide terrorism with foreign military occupation; why it’s no coincidence that the surge in Afghanistan has increased violence while the drawdown in Iraq has lessened it; why those advocating no-fly zones in Libya should look at the terrible record in 1990s Iraq; the “asymmetrical” warfare, up to and including suicide attacks, that could be expected in response to a foreign military occupation of America; and the significant progress in convincing Congress of terrorism’s real root causes.
• Rep. Dennis Kucinich March 12, 2011: Rep. Dennis Kucinich discusses the runaround he’s been getting from the Department of Defense after requesting a visit with Bradley Manning; why Manning’s draconian pretrial treatment raises serious questions about the US criminal justice system and Secretary of Defense Robert Gates; and the Kucinich-Walter Jones co-sponsored resolution requiring the president to get the troops out of Afghanistan by year’s end. This recording is from the KPFK 90.7 FM Los Angeles broadcast of March 11th. The full archive is HERE.
Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Gov. Mitch Daniels, (R) Indiana
• MARK WARNER & SAXBY CHAMBLISS
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml