Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below!
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!!
MORE MIDWEST PROTESTS It all comes down to money. Big h/t to BTV contibutor maddy:
"Yves's today's must read from Jesse....". That's
Yves Smith at nakedcapitalism, a good daily read! A Microcosm of the Market Manipulation in the US and the Repeated Failure of Ideology Jesse's Café Américain: I am seeing this same sort of 'gaming the markets' across many markets and stocks that the author notes below, especially in those markets amenable to leverage and electronic manipulation such as indices driven by futures, options markets, and ETFs which more closely resemble carney games than investment vehicles. There has always been some element of this, but it is starting to become predominant and is driving out the honest trade and investment which cannot compete, in the same manner that the mortgage frauds corrupted and distorted a major sector of the economy and drove out conventional investment, regulation, checks and balances, regulatory oversight, and finally common sense. It is getting to be a bit much, and is going to end badly. It will end badly because like the economy which has been crafted by the same makers it is hollow, a facade, set up for the benefit of a few who transfer wealth to themselves from the many. As someone wrote to me today:
"There aren’t really many good options for people who just want to save some money for retirement and live their lives in the meantime. Not even social security or pensions for 30-year veteran teachers are safe from pirate raids and partisan deconstruction. Everything else available to the ordinary retail and retirement saver has become a Wall Street killing floor." This is no accident. This is no error in judgement. This is not philosophy. It is a calculated white collar crime, that has co-opted many elements of society. It hides behind slogans like 'small government' and 'libertarianism' and 'free markets' but its real intent is to subvert the law and corrupt the processes of the economy and society. It is a type of financial coup d'etat. The problem is not that there is too much government, but rather, the government which you have is tainted with corruption and needs a thorough cleaning and reform. Knock down all the fences if you will in the name of an unsustainable ideal, and give the ravening wolves free range for their plunder. And then be surprised. Anyone who believes that not enforcing the rules, or even simply eliminating them, will result in the natural and efficient flow of productive activity has never driven on a modern freeway. This notion is just another version of a belief in the noble savage, the view that people are naturally good and rational, but are corrupted by rules and society. And those people who espouse this think that they are cavorting in some magical world with Peter Pan, instead of with some of the oldest and basest forms of evil against which good people have continually come together throughout history for their mutual protection. And when the next financial crisis comes along, perhaps the people will not be so complacent and gullible, and see the real culprits behind the ideological scapegoats and fog of talk show hosts. But I'm not betting on it........... MORE YVES SMITH We Explain the Mortgage Mess on Harry Shearer’s Le Show on Sunday: "Our session with Harry Shearer last year was so well received that he is rebroadcasting it on Sunday. Check HERE to find the time in your local area if you missed it on the first go-round." GOOD ITEM! APM Marketplace's Jeff Tyler interviews John Peacock with the Wisconsin Budget Project in Wisconsin targets public employees PEACOCK: "People watching the tumultuous budget battle here in Wisconsin probably infer that Wisconsin probably has one of the worst state deficits, that we have runaway spending and debt, and that we have a bloated public sector. And in fact, none of those things is actually true." Yes on national public radio you heard that right: none of those things is actually true! Taking a page from the Wisconsin Dems Indiana's Democratic Lawmakers Imitate Wisconsin, Flee State from ideastream.org. Then Iowa Democrats: House bill ends collective bargaining system by Tyler Kingkade at The Iowa Independent: If passed, the legislature or governor could veto decisions made by an arbitrator, and public employee unions would no longer have the ability to negotiate health care or retirement plans. It would also allow employees to become “free agents,” who can negotiate their terms of employment directly with employers even if they are in a union shop. Both sides said they expect large turnouts for a public hearing on the bill Monday night, and are already making arrangements for audio to be provided to those who are not able to find space in the Iowa House. Iowa Policy Project, a nonpartisan think tank based in Iowa City, found Iowa males working as public employees earned 12 percent less than their private sector counter-parts, females earned 16 percent less. Even when adding in other forms of compensation, such as retirement and health care benefits, the study found public employees still earned less. Yes more lies from Republicans hell-bent on destroying unions under the guise of some imagined "budget shortfall". Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter for The New York Times David Cay Johnston, author of FREE LUNCH, takes the media's shortcomings and echo-chamber lack of independent fact-checking to task in Really Bad Reporting in Wisconsin: Who 'Contributes' to Public Workers' Pensions? Economic nonsense is being reported as fact in most of the news reports on the Wisconsin dispute, the product of a breakdown of skepticism among journalists multiplied by their lack of understanding of basic economic principles. Gov. Scott Walker says he wants state workers covered by collective bargaining agreements to "contribute more" to their pension and health insurance plans. Accepting Gov. Walker' s assertions as fact, and failing to check, created the impression that somehow the workers are getting something extra, a gift from taxpayers. They are not. Out of every dollar that funds Wisconsin' s pension and health insurance plans for state workers, 100 cents comes from the state workers. How can that be? Because the "contributions" consist of money that employees chose to take as deferred wages – as pensions when they retire – rather than take immediately in cash. The same is true with the health care plan. If this were not so a serious crime would be taking place, the gift of public funds rather than payment for services. Thus, state workers are not being asked to simply "contribute more" to Wisconsin' s retirement system (or as the argument goes, "pay their fair share" of retirement costs as do employees in Wisconsin' s private sector who still have pensions and health insurance). They are being asked to accept a cut in their salaries so that the state of Wisconsin can use the money to fill the hole left by tax cuts and reduced audits of corporations in Wisconsin. ...The key problem is that journalists are assuming that statements by Gov. Scott Walker have basis in fact. Journalists should never accept the premise of a political statement, but often they do, which explains why so much of our public policy is at odds with well-established principles. ...Not every news report gets it wrong, but the narrative of the journalistic herd has now been set and is slowly hardening into a concrete falsehood that will distort public understanding of the issue for years to come unless journalists en masse correct their mistakes. From the Associated Press and The New York Times to Wisconsin's biggest newspaper, and every broadcast report I have heard, reporters again and again and again have written as fact what is nonsense. . See his interview below on DN! and send this article to your local fishwrap, AP, NPR, UPI and any corporomedia outlet you can think of!
A hat-tip to HeadOnRadioNetwork chatter sparkydunc who points out Wisconsin: The Tea Party's Waterloo? by Andrew Leonard at Salon: Just how nervous is Scott Walker feeling in Wisconsin? The Washington Post's Greg Sargent alerts us to a Wall Street Journal article and a local news item in Wisconsin suggesting that two more Republican state senators may be on the verge of rejecting Walker's budget repair bill. Republicans have 19-14 majority in the state Senate, and with one senator already on record in opposition, two more nay votes will kill the bill. I'll believe it when I see it, but now that even conservative polling outfits have started reporting that significant majorities of Wisconsin citizens voters disapprove of Walker, it could be time to call it a day. Could be, Andrew, but as Jesse points out, we're not betting on it. Well, score one for Anonymous! @ Raw Story
HBGary CEO Aaron Barr resigns amid ‘Anonymous’ scandal "I need to focus on taking care of my family and rebuilding my reputation," he reportedly said. "It's been a challenge to do that and run a company. And, given that I've been the focus of much of the bad press, I hope that, by leaving, HBGary and HBGary Federal can get away from some of that. I'm confident they'll be able to weather this storm." Haha! Cannonfire offers a different take WisCONsin -- or: Koch is the new Enron The big story begins here by way of Corrente. Basically, Governor Walker of Wisconsin wants to sell state-owned power plants to private owners -- without bidding. No bid contracts = CORRUPTION. As one Corrente comment puts it: Buying up existing power plants is one of the major operations of Koch Industries and this explains their sudden interest in Wisconsin - an opportunity to expand their empire on the cheap. The provision eliminates all oversight of these no-bid sales. Until now, I thought Walker was an ideologue. Incorrect. He's in it for the money. That's why Walker ginned up the ersatz state budget "shortfall" in the first place.Are you starting to see the bigger picture? ... Yes, electricity rates skyrocketed and rolling blackouts occurred in 2001 -- but not because "politicians seized control." Quite the opposite: Politicians deregulated energy. I'll say again what I've said before. Hell, I may even give these words a permanent place on the masthead: Deregulation invites crooks to take over, just as crooks would take over your town if all the cops disappeared. Go read the rest then Cannonfire follows up with a tie-in to the HB Gary story Shall we get Darrell Issa in on this? I sent the following out to a handful of bloggers this morning -- and received but one reply. Seems that my campaign to be known as the most unlikeable entity in human history has born fruit. Still, a good idea is a good idea, even if Satan himself proposes it. And this, methinks, is a good idea... ...Brad's piece is about the Chamber of Commerce plot to harass bloggers by spying on them, planting malware on their systems, and using "personas" to create the illusion of consensus on various internet forums. The "persona management software" suggested for this scheme apparently has existed for some years and has been used by DOD and the intelligence community. Leading Democrats have asked Darrell Issa and other Republicans to investigate the issue. The text of the letter is on Brad's site. I don't think that Issa will do this. He is an intensely partisan creature, and an investigation is not advantageous from a partisan standpoint. But what if we sweetened the deal for him by asking him to look into Axelrod's exactly similar tactics on behalf of the Obama campaign in 2008? Realistically speaking, we all know what Axelrod did. He runs an "astroturf" company called ASK. ASK used persona management software to create the pro-Obama, anti-Clinton firestorm throughout the progressive blogosphere. ...I propose that we ask Darrell Issa to do just that. It's a controversial move. Let's face it: Issa is -- well, he is what he is. One does not want to ask such a person for favors. On the other hand, a congressional inquiry is the only way of establishing the facts behind a scurrilous campaign of political intimidation. If we are committed to replacing Obama as the Democratic standard bearer, and (more importantly) if we want to assure that such ghastly behavior does not mar future elections, then we must expose what his campaign did to us in 2008. (Cannonfire didn't get the "looking forward" memo I guess? -Ed.) Lastly catch CHRIS HEDGES interview with SAM SEDER America's Corporate Coup D'état: Interview with Chris Hedges [03•02•11] and Hedges' latest at Truthdig No Other Way Out plus OH-17's Tim Ryan Congressman Ryan Stands Up Against SB-5 on the House Floor (Video) (h/t cal04 @ DU). Salon's Glenn Greenwald outlines The nationalism bias of journalists so Sunday's Beltway Bubala navel-gazing company-line mentality continues with absolutely cuckoo MICHELE "Where's the camera?" BACHMANN on Meet the David. Fresh off the SCOTUS ruling equally cuckoo (and dangerous) MARGIE PHELPS of the Westboro Baptist "church" spews hate on FAKE NEWS while TOM "Flat Earth" FREIDMAN visits Face the Bob with more inane commentary like THIS (h/t bluemoon: MATT TAIBBI takes on porn-stached New York Times columnist Thomas Friedman’s greenish ways by Matt Taibbi). All good brick-worthy viewing! Bob also gets MITCH MCCONNELL to match wits with JOHN KERRY while State of Candy gets Bu$h Crime Family cold warriors STEPHEN HADLEY and DONALD "known unknowns" RUMSFELD to inculcate and imbue history. This Anampout sits down with brainwashed torture survivor JOHN "Crazy Train" MCCAIN but her panel looks worthwhile. Make sure you catch CHRISTOPHER "There is no God" HITCHENS on 60 Minutes. BTV Alerts have plenty including the director of Emmy-nominated GASLAND on DN and MICHAEL MOORE with Laura Flanders, Greenwald's update on BRADLEY MANNING and lots of interesting stuff from MAX KEISER and Ring of Fire. Click on something and be instantly smarter! The Brick TeeVee Crew is stockpiling canned goods (beer) for the Left-Turn League plus the #1 Buckeyes against the #10 Badgers after Butler beat our Cleveland State Vikings for third time this season to eliminate CSU from the Horizon League tourney. It's up to the NCAA "Selection Committee" now if the Vikings will get to The Big Dance but nevertheless Cleveland State will be the host school for the first- and second-round games of the 2011 NCAA Tournament. The Tribe is 2-2 in Cactus League play and only 25 days until Opening Day! Pass the crackerjack, dogs and brews already!
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
Madison Wisconsin @ Democracy Now! WATCH NOW Voices from the 100,000-Strong Protest for Workers’ Rights in Wisconsin February 28
»»» Wisconsin Democratic State Rep. Kelda Helen Roys @ DEMOCRACY NOW! WATCH NOW Defying Gov. Walker, Wisconsin Protesters Refuse to Leave Capitol Building February 28, 2011
»»» Tripoli Libya Report @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Terror in Tripoli: Libyan American Describes Country in State of Fear, But Hopeful of Gaddafi’s Ouster March 1, 2011: We speak to Tareq, a Libyan American just back from Libya after spending a week with his family. He discusses the situation in the capital Tripoli.
»»» Frank Emspak, founder and producer of Workers Independent News. @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Labor Organizers Consider General Strike in Wisconsin as Gov. Scott Walker Refuses to Negotiate over Anti-Union Bil March 1, 2011
»»» Horace Campbell, a professor of African American studies and political science at Syracuse University @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Prof. Horace Campbell: Peace & Justice Movement Should Oppose U.S.-Led Intervention in Libya March 2, 2011
»»» Harvey Wasserman, editor of the Ohio-based The Free Press @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Labor Protests Spread: Thousands Rally Against Anti-Union Bill in Ohio March 2, 2011
»»» Mary Bottari of the Madison-based Center for Media and Democracy’s Real Economy Project @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW As Demonstrators Remain Locked Out, Wisconsin Gov. Walker Unveils Budget to Slash Education, Gov’t Aid March 2, 2011
»»» Indiana State Rep. Matt Pierce @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Indiana Dems Vow to Remain in Illinois to Stall Anti-Union Bill March 2, 2011
»»» Glenn Greenwald @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Bradley Manning Hit with New Charges in WikiLeaks Case, Including "Aiding the Enemy" March 03, 2011
»»» David Cay Johnston of tax.com @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW "Really Bad Reporting in Wisconsin": Media Parroting Walker’s False Claims of Taxpayer "Subsidies" for Workers’ Pensions March 03, 2011
»»» Rick Rowley of Big Noise Films @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW NATO Gunships Kill 9 Afghan Children; 3rd Reported Attack on Afghan Civilians in 2 Weeks March 03, 2011
»»» Environmental activist Tim DeChristopher @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Environmentalist Tim DeChristopher Found Guilty of Sabotaging Oil and Gas Auction; Faces up to 10 Years in Jail Friday, March 4, 2011
»»» Walter Hang, president of Toxics Targeting @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Leaked EPA Documents Expose Decades-Old Effort to Hide Dangers of Natural Gas Extraction Friday, March 4, 2011
»»» Josh Fox director of the film Gasland @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Natural Gas Industry Attacks Oscar-Nominated Film “Gasland” for Chronicling Devastating Impact of Hydraulic Fracking Friday, March 4, 2011
»»» Michael Hastings of Rolling Stone @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Michael Hastings: Army Deploys Psychological Operations on U.S. Senators in Afghanistan Friday, March 4, 2011: READ Another Runaway General: Army Deploys Psy-Ops on U.S. Senators @ rollingstone.com
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW @ GRITtv WATCH Maria Isa & Lah Tere: Dancing to the Puerto Rico Revolution
»»» MICHAEL MOORE @ GRITtv GRITtv Special from Madison, Wisconsin
»»» MICHAEL MOORE @ GRITtv Michael Moore: People Still Have the Power
»»» MICHAEL MOORE @ GRITtv Michael Moore: Acknowledging Working People
»»» Micah Sifry @ GRITtv Micah Sifry: WikiLeaks and the Age of Transparency
»»» The F Word: @ GRITtv WATCH The F Word: Capital or Community in Wisconsin
»»» The F Word: @ GRITtv WATCH The F Word: Banksters Fighting Back with Higher Fees
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» PBA on ESPN
»»» LUMBER LIQUIDATORS TOUR Mark Roth Plastic Ball Championship from Cheektowaga, NY! 1 pm et
»»» NASCAR on FOX It's the Kobalt Tools 400 from Las Vegas! Coverage begins @ 3 pm et
»»» NCAA Men's Hoops on CBS #10 Wisconsin @ #1 Ohio State 4 pm et
»»» NBA on TNT Thursday Doubleheader! Lakers @ Heat 8 pm then Nuggets @ Sun 10:30 pm
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org
SIGN HERE NOW!
Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net
Support the troops who refuse to fight! See CourageToResist.org UPDATE: Bradley Manning could face death: For what? Glenn Greenwald @ Salon
FORA.tv Series: WikiLeaks: Security Threat or Media Savior? WikiLeaks: Why It Matters. Why It Doesn't? Debate at the Churchill Club - With Daniel Elsberg, Clay Shirky, Neville Roy Singham, Peter Thiel, Jonathan Zittrain and Moderated by Paul Jay, CEO and Senior Editor, The Real News Network
WORLD CAN'T WAIT!March 17-19 Iraq War Protests March 17-19, that’s a Thursday through Saturday, will be protest days in Washington D.C., organized by the ANSWER Coalition, Veterans for Peace, World Can’t Wait, and other groups. Start making your plans now to mark that anniversary, in DC, or wherever you can be visible.
BRAD FRIEDMAN & VELVET REVOLUTION!Investigate Chamber Of Commerce Spying On Reporters And NGOs I call on Congress and the Department of Justice to investigate the Chamber of Commerce law firm, Hunton & Williams, for conspiring with three private security firms to create a multimillion dollar intelligence operation to destroy www.StopTheChamber.com, Velvet Revolution and it staff, including journalist Brad Friedman, along with SEIU, reporter Glenn Greenwald, Change to Win and ChamberWatch. This planned attack included planting false documents, creating disinformation, spying on the group's operation, cyberstalking, and defamation. It is unconstitutional and undemocratic for firms acting on behalf of the Chamber of Commerce to engage in domestic spying with the intent to destroy reporters and non profit organizations. Congress should hold hearings to get to the bottom of this, and the Department of Justice should prosecute all those involved. Sign petition now!
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,439 US Military Dead as of March 4, 2011
AFGHANISTAN: 1,493 US Military Dead as of March 4, 2011
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. See Politifact Statements ABC News 'This Week'
• Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz
• ROUNDTABLE: Daily Beast and Newsweek Editor in Chief Tina Brown, Egyptian writer and activist Dr. Nawal El Saadawi, Zainab Salbi of Women for Women International and Sussan Tahmadebi of the International Civil Society Action Network for Women's Rights, Peace and Security.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Sen. Mitch McConnell, Senate Minority Leader (R-Ky.
• Sen. John Kerry, Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee (D-Mass.)
• Tom Friedman, New York Times columnist
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• Hard Times Generation - For some children, socializing and learning in school are being cruelly complicated by homelessness, as Scott Pelley reports from Florida, where school buses now stop at budget motels for children who've lost their homes. Robert Anderson, Daniel Ruetenik and Nicole Young are the producers.
• Hitchens - Steve Kroft profiles Vanity Fair columnist, author and public intellectual Christopher Hitchens, for whom nothing is off-limits when making his wry and often outrageous observations, including the cancer he is suffering from. Frank Devine is the producer.
• Spy on the Ice - Bob Simon reports on the latest "spy-cam" techniques used by wildlife filmmakers to show animals - in this case, polar bears - up-close and in a way audiences have never seen them before. Produced by Michael Gavshon.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish. See their website MeetTheFacts.com updating soon!
• White House Chief of Staff Bill Daley
• Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN)
• ROUNDTABLE: Washington Post columnist Eugene Robinson and New York Times columnist and author of the new book "The Social Animal," David Brooks.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Stephen Hadley, the former U.S. National Security Adviser
• Dr. Ali Errishi, the former Libyan Immigration Minister
• Former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld.
• Tennessee Sen. Lamar Alexander
• Rep. Peter King, chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee
• Rep. Keith Ellison, the first Muslim elected to Congress
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
• DAHR JAMAIL at the University of West Virginia Go to USTREAM for An Evening with Dahr Jamail Video! Broadcast LIVE on The Horn Thursday February 17, 2011. Dahr Jamail has reported extensively on the BP Deepwater Horizon oil rig catastrophe in the Gulf of Mexico and discusses his latest findings and how the same lax government oversight and corporate culture releates to mountaintop removal.
• PRAYER MEETIN' WEDNESDAY!!!!!! Bob discusses the Westboro Babtist Church ruling in the SCOTUS and Judge Samual Alito's dissent that aptly points out the HATE SPEECH eight other Justices endorse when a kid cannot wear a "bong hits for jesus" t-shirt and is denied HIS free speech and FRED PHELPS can carry "thank god for dead soldiers" signs. Bob sez,"To be able to hide behind the First Amendment in order to evade civil liability for a greivous, egregious tort is absolutely sickening." Listen HERE (mp3)! Amen to White Rose Society for the podcasts! Head On Radio needs our help, too! Donate HERE!
- NEW! GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - March 3, 2011 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Eastern Cougar goes extinct; Climate activist Tim DeChristopher goes on trial for fighting to save public lands; "Slash & Burn" Republicans cut the EPA, despite the trillions in dollars it saves; PLUS: Radio. Active. Water. Frack that! ... All that and more in today's Green News Report! IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Navy Secretary says alt. fuels will save money and lives; Chevron employee: routine dumping of toxic chemicals in Ecuador; EPA Extends GHG Reporting Deadline; China's 5 year plans for green growth; Google backs climate-change insurance start-up; China faces up to 'terrible' state of its ecosystems; Underwater kite-turbine may turn tides; Combining solar PV with Thermal; CA salmon to triple this year?; Salazar says 'show me the money'; Conservatives oppose climate adaptation, too; Australia: farms "particularly vulnerable" to climate change; Microgrid electricity onthe rise; Global Public Health Implications of Electricity and Coal Consumption; Schwarzenegger calls for Tunisian-style green revolution; Charles Koch hypocritically blasts "Crony Capitalism" ... PLUS: How Koch Industries makes billions by demanding bailouts and taxpayer subsidies ....
Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Podcast 225 “Wisconsin 14″ Sen. Fred Risser on the Class War Showdown in Madison; 2 Former Gitmo Guards Talk About Their Experiences and the Price They Pay for Them Wisconsin state Senator Fred Risser, who has served in the legislature since 1956, describes the struggle that caused them to leave the state; Brandon Neely and Albert Melise, former MP's at Guantanamo, offer candid accounts of their service and the PTSD they deal with.
• PBC Away for a Few Days Sad news has called your humble host away for a few days. Rose Shatter, my mother-in-law, passed away in Detroit today, and I will be flying back for her funeral. Born to Lebanese immigrants 85 years ago, Rose, like Rosie the Riveter, built bombs and rockets on the assembly lines during World War II; with her late husband Tony, she raised four daughters and built a successful car wash business. When I talk about the success of the middle class of the last century, and the assaults on the middle class today, I'm thinking of the Shatter family. RIP, Rosie. Look for my next podcast about March 8.
More podcasts at PeterBCollins.com!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! March 4th, 2010
• Stepping into the Ring of Fire this week: Congressman Jerrold Nadler will be joining us to tell us why the only option for American forces in Afghanistan is to pull out of the country completely.
• We’ll also be taking a look at the assault on labor unions – Andy Kroll from Mother Jones will give us an up to date analysis of what’s happening in Wisconsin. And Joshua Holland from Alternet will tell us how Republicans are attacking labor unions in their continued class warfare.
• And attorney Peter Mougey will be joining us to discuss Bernie Madoff's recent claim that the banks he worked with had to have known that he was a scam artist.
• You Can Listen to Ring of Fire on These Stations HERE.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: White Collar Criminals in America Rarely Go To Prison Out of the dozens of fat cat Wall Street firms in America – no one went to jail when they virtually stole trillions of dollars from our economy with schemes involving CDOs, synthetics, and swaps. Our Department of Justice has made it clear that America has a white collar class of Wall Street and corporate criminals who operate with an immunity protection – They are a gaggle of silk suit criminals who know that they have special protections in this country. The same country; where an 18 year old can be sentenced to life in prison on a drug charge.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: What A Strong Progressive Should Look Like A lot of progressives in America are more than irritated about the lack of strong, progressive leaders in Washington. They’ve become disillusioned with Obama for bowing to the right wing instead of standing up and fighting like he promised he would. But there is still some hope in Washington. Congressman Bruce Braley is leading the charge against the Tea Party Republicans with his House Populist Caucus, and he spoke with Mike Papantonio recently about what it takes to be a strong progressive leader in politics today.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and Mike Papantonio with David Bender: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge cosrporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• Revolution in Wisconsin by maxkeiser READ Angry protesters confront a locked-out Sen. Grothman @ jsonline.com PLUS VIDEO!
• Is the dollar just a few ticks away from a complete breakdown? by maxkeiser READ Coming Dollar Crisis = Lower Stock Prices + Much Higher Gold Prices @ munknee.com & James Turk – The Dollar Collapse Will Shock the World @ kingworldnews
• Author and journalist Nomi Prins (“It Takes a Pillage“) explains in an exclusive interview her view of the unrests in the Middle East, the causes for the rising oil price, and the big stories in the precious metal markets. by maxkeiser READ “We aren’t in a recovery” @ larsschall.com
• “If we have a continuation of QE2 past June 30th, I wouldn’t be surprised to see silver in the $50, $60 an ounce territory.” by maxkeiser READ John Hathaway – $50 to $60 Silver, US Dollar in Danger @ kingworldnews
• MERS problems mounting by maxkeiser READ Trouble for MERS Keeps Mounting @ usawatchdog
• Max Keiser on HuffPost: “I want to report on something from the perspective of being here on the ground in Cairo.” by maxkeiser READ Revolutionizing the Revolution Business at huffpo
• Kleptocrats and investment bankers by maxkeiser READ THE REVOLVING DOOR: 22 People Who Went From Wall Street To Washington To Wall Street @ businessinsider
• Scott Walker Gaddafi needs to be overthrown. Go for it Wisconsin!!!! by maxkeiser READ Wisconsin Governor To Issue 1500 Layoff Notices Unless Fugitive Democrats Return To The State @ zerohedge
• VIDEO! Max Keiser: Start A Revolution Against The Banks by maxkeiser
• KEISER REPORT Blood For Oil: KR travels to Beirut
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report: Taste of Freedom (E126)
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS  The Truth About Markets – Beirut – 26 February 2011 Download mp3 HERE
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS  The Truth About Gussy’s Silver & ResonanceFM’s Fundraising Drive Download mp3 HERE
• ON THE EDGE [OTE98] On the Edge with Paul Craig Roberts Max interviews Gerald Celente.
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Philip Giraldie March 1, 2011: Former CIA officer Philip Giraldi discusses the threat of US military intervention in Libya, and why it shouldn’t happen; how the overweening National Endowment for Democracy screws up political revolutions all over the world; how successful and (relatively) peaceful Mideast uprisings against tyrants undermine the violent fundamentalism promoted by al Qaeda; the US sweating bullets about CIA employee Raymond Davis spilling the beans to his Pakistani captors; the weak case for Davis’s diplomatic immunity; and why Pakistan’s government may fall if it fails to prosecute and convict Davis, in the face of repeated US calls for his release.
• Gareth Porter March 1, 2011: Gareth Porter, independent historian and journalist for IPS News, discusses the eight indicators of fraud in the Iran nuclear “alleged studies” documents; the smear campaign against IAEA Director General Mohamed ElBaradei for daring to question their authenticity; how the (probably Mossad created) documents form the foundation of US allegations that Iran has, or had, a nuclear weapons program; Iran’s objection to IAEA demands for secret military information; and the unexpected developments in Iran’s missile program that exposed one of the documents as a forgery.
• Chris Hellman March 2, 2011: Chris Hellman, Communications and Budget Analyst for the National Priorities Project, discusses the $1.2 trillion national security budget; how government secrecy and over-classification of documents hides wasteful programs and prevents Congressional oversight; huge projected increases in health care and pensions for veterans and retired military; and the bloated Homeland Security, intelligence and State Department budgets.
• Eric Margolis March 2, 2011: Eric Margolis, foreign correspondent and author of War at the Top of the World and American Raj, discusses his interview with the “eccentric” Col. Gaddafi during the Reagan administration; the Western media’s exaggeration of Libyan violence, which provides a pretext for US military intervention; how the neocons got their Middle East democratic revolution, but not in the countries they intended; the colonial history of Morocco and Algeria, and their current repressive police states; how Arab revolutions are propelled by large youth populations and bleak economic prospects; and why the Saudi monarchy will more likely be felled by internal strife than popular revolt.
More interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Margie Phelps, Attorney, Westboro Baptist Church
• Sen. Dick Durbin, (D) Illinois / Majority Whip
• Rep. Jeb Hensarling, (R) Texas / Chairman, House Republican Conference
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml