Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below!
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER! OCCUPY the Nation! Bloomberg News does their homework and came out with this devastating report Koch Brothers Flout Law With Secret Iran Sales Read this source material completely! David Dayen covers more Noted Liberal Rag Bloomberg Levels Serious Charges at Koch Industries ...Because this story appears in such a commie broadsheet like Bloomberg, it will surely be dismissed. OK, tongue out of cheek. This is an extremely serious piece of journalism, detailing everyday crimes from a corporate actor that has gotten wildly rich in spite of – because of – the crimes. There are details in here of Koch Industries negligence in a pipeline eruption that killed two teenagers. There are details of Koch employees told by superiors to falsify data on cancer-causing benzene. There are details of trading with Iran and illicit payments to get contracts and all sorts of violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. There are details of a number of different indictments and settlements and court orders and plea agreements. The portrait painted is frankly of a criminal enterprise. ... The article is hard to summarize because there are so many charges; so just go read it. If you want to know why we’re seeing a wave of protests against corporatism in this country, I would offer this article as Exhibit A. Robert Greenwald has this video at HuffPo There Are Many More Koch Brother Secret Sins (VIDEO) The Bloomberg news investigation into Charles and David Koch has uncovered unlawful and unpatriotic environmental crimes, political donations and business decisions benefitting Iran. There are so many secret sins committed by the Koch brothers no one story can cover it all. But this is the story everyone will be talking about. We've documented many of the Koch brothers' attacks on middle class families, and detailed their commitment to ending public education and resegregating communities. The Koch brothers have smeared us and journalists who investigate their misdeeds. But the totality of evidence is clear: through our Koch Brothers Exposed film series, as well as reports in the New Yorker and now Bloomberg Markets magazine, there exists beyond a shadow of a doubt the Koch brothers' culpability for the onslaught against Social Security, the environment, our public education system and much more.The Koch brothers use their $50 billion personal wealth to distort and shape policy to grow their corporate profits. The Koch brothers hate public service, and work to deny the government and public sector any chance at success and social good. So when a Southern school board began blazing a trail by growing academic achievement in a diverse community, the brothers acted to reverse the community's gains.... The Koch brothers' plan to resegregate schools hit a roadblock when students, parents, teachers, and civil rights leaders united to stop the return to Jim Crow. Bloomberg's findings about the Kochs' approving sales to anti-American agents in Iran, bribing African officials and the Koch way of stealing oil from Native Americans and lying to regulators is truly disturbing, but there's so much more to the Koch legacy of sin. .... In the aggregate, the Koch brothers are the personification of what's driving hundreds of people to occupy Boston, Los Angeles and elsewhere, and the thousands of protesters and sitting-in outside Wall Street in Lower Manhattan. May it be the first step toward our own Arab Spring, or in other words, a path toward ending the Koch Winter. Speaking of the Arab Spring we turn to Bahrain. Doctors Without Borders/Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) released this Press Release in AUGUST! Bahrain: MSF Condemns Armed Raid On Office and Detention of Staff Member
- BRUSSELS, AUGUST 3, 2011 -- The international medical humanitarian organization Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) today condemned an armed raid on its premises in Bahrain and the subsequent detention of one of its staff members.
- Universities in Bahrain should immediately reinstate all students, faculty, and staff who were dismissed solely for expressing opinions critical of the government and ruling family or attending overwhelmingly peaceful anti-government demonstrations in February and March of this year.
- Twenty health professionals were sentenced by a military court in Bahrain on 29 September to between five and 15 years in prison. Amnesty International believes that the charges were politically motivated, that the proceedings did not meet international fair trial standards and that they may be prisoners of conscience.
- A lawyer for the health workers has said the group will appeal the verdict next Sunday before the High Court of Appeal, in Bahrain’s civilian justice system. Other military trials in Bahrain this week have upheld guilty verdicts and harsh jail terms – including life sentences – for human rights activists and teachers on charges related to the protests earlier this year.
- TransCanada Pipeline Foes See U.S. Bias in E-MailsWith the Obama administration about to decide whether to green-light a controversial pipeline to take crude oil from Canada’s oil sands to the United States Gulf Coast, e-mails released Monday paint a picture of a sometimes warm and collaborative relationship between lobbyists for the company building the billion-dollar pipeline and officials in the State Department, the agency that has final say over the pipeline. Environmental groups said the e-mails were disturbing and evidence of “complicity” between TransCanada, the pipeline company, and American officials tasked with evaluating the pipeline’s environmental impact. ... Wendy Nassmacher, a State Department spokeswoman, disputed that the e-mails showed a pro-pipeline bias. “We are committed to a fair, transparent and thorough process,” she said in an e-mail Sunday. “Throughout the process we have been in communication with industry as well as environmental groups, both in the United States and in Canada.” She noted that the State Department had conducted hearings in communities along the route of the proposed pipeline last week. The State Department is tasked with permitting pipelines that cross national borders according to the “national interest,” and is weighing the environmental impact of Keystone XL against the benefit in expanding the fuel supply for the United States. Its third and final environmental impact statement, released in late August, said that the pipeline would have “limited adverse environmental impacts” if operated according to regulations. The Environmental Protection Agency, which may offer comments on such pipelines but is not empowered to rule on their authorization, had sharply criticized the State Department’s previous environmental assessments as inadequate, but has not yet weighed in on the most recent judgment. . .
- Jon Stewart, therefore, asked on September 20 of Ron Suskind, author of Confidence Men, the key question (video below): We keep hearing that the Wall Street guys hate Obama, and my sense is ‘why?’ They’ve had it as good as anyone in this country over the past two and a half years, probably better. What’s their beef? That elicited the answer that sums up this Administration better than has almost anything. Suskind responded: I asked the same question. I talked to a senior Wall Street guy. I said ‘”What gives with this thing with Obama? You’re after him; he’s anti-business. God, he couldn’t have done more. He basically opened the federal purse for you guys. He saved your skin.” This guy says “You bet, you bet.’” And he says “No, no, you see. Of course, he’s not anti-business. But when we say he’s anti-business, he just ends up doing more for us. So we’re going to keep saying it.”
- mistergibson: I think Bob Kincaid said it best today : it is their future that they don't want buggered.
- MorpheusDreamer: Occupy Together | Home - http://goo.gl/VSzTl
- 4earth: DId you see what they did at the Chicago Stock Exchage? They put a sign in there window sneering at the marchers. Saying "we are the 1%" Jesus!
- MorpheusDreamer: This is a really powerful 2 min. message from Anonymous on how we no longer need the media. A "call to arms" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzbTlY1uOJk&feature=share
- Interview with Colleen Fernald of the Constitution Party for Peace candidate for California's US Senate seat in 2012 who said on the interview, "I'm so far left I'm right" describing herself as "omni partisan". See campaignforpeace.org & citiesforpeace.org
- More VIDEO this time from Boston Marches, students and nurses Occupy Boston almost had its first arrests Wednesday. Marchers moved out from Dewey Square and surrounded the Bank of America headquarters on Federal Street (where 24 had been arrested in a different protest on Friday). They began to lock hands around the entrances. Police called in prisoner transport wagons. And then, they broke for a bite to eat. Protesters also demonstrated outside Goldman Sachs offices on High Street
- The same names like Prescott and Bush have been trying for world domination and to do away with democracy in the US for over a century, some names like Koch and Walton are more recent but just as deadly. In reality there have been people like them up to this sort of thing all the way back to the founding of the country. Different Presidents and political movements have pushed back periodically, and the New Deal nearly made democracy permanent, but sadly the people have forgotten. The in the past 40 years the rich have skillfully used the media to make themselves seem like super-patriots and wise men who can do no wrong and that they are here to protect us. The exact opposite is true of course. Even the tea baggers realize something is wrong, but they are easily distracted. The new 99% movement has a chance at bringing back democracy but the 1% will stop at nothing to destroy them. The pretense that “Occupy Wall Street” has no leaders makes it difficult to target them but that will only go so far. A class war is like any other war. There are no rules for the winner.
- As we gather together in solidarity to express a feeling of mass injustice, we must not lose sight of what brought us together. We write so that all people who feel wronged by the corporate forces of the world can know that we are your allies. As one people, united, we acknowledge the reality: that the future of the human race requires the cooperation of its members; that our system must protect our rights, and upon corruption of that system, it is up to the individuals to protect their own rights, and those of their neighbors; that a democratic government derives its just power from the people, but corporations do not seek consent to extract wealth from the people and the Earth; and that no true democracy is attainable when the process is determined by economic power. We come to you at a time when corporations, which place profit over people, self-interest over justice, and oppression over equality, run our governments. We have peaceably assembled here, as is our right, to let these facts be known. [......] To the people of the world, We, the New York City General Assembly occupying Wall Street in Liberty Square, urge you to assert your power. Exercise your right to peaceably assemble; occupy public space; create a process to address the problems we face, and generate solutions accessible to everyone. To all communities that take action and form groups in the spirit of direct democracy, we offer support, documentation, and all of the resources at our disposal. Join us and make your voices heard!
*These grievances are not all-inclusive.
New York City General Assemblies are an open, participatory and horizontally organized process through which we are building the capacity to constitute ourselves in public as autonomous collective forces within and against the constant crises of our times
Please read the Principles of Solidarity working draft
Interested in starting your own General Assembly, here is a quick guide from Takethesquare.net
-- The MLB Playoffs move into the Championship Series with the Cardinals squeeking by 1-0 in Game 5 vs the Phillies to face the Milwaukee Brewers and the Detroit Tigers' manager Jim Leyland outwitting Yankees' skipper Joe Girardi's "starting pitcher by committee" strategy in their Game 5 moving on to face the Texas Rangers. If you notice there are NO coast teams now: all right down the middle of the country from Fort Worth to St. Louis through Detroit and up to Milwaukee Wisconsin where the American Spring got its start back in January. Our big highlight of the ALDS was when Mr. NYY Captain DEREK JETER struck out in the ninth inning of Game 3 with two on and two out against pumped up Tigers closer JOSE VALVERDE. No wait. VALVERDE WHIFFING A-ROD for the LAST OUT of GAME 5. We're all Detroiters now. OCCUPY DETROIT and cities across the nation.
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
»»» Democracy Now!’s AMY GOODMAN @ Democracy NOW! Settlement Reached Over Arrest of Amy Goodman, Democracy Now! Producers at 2008 GOP Convention The settlement includes $100,000 in compensation paid by the St. Paul and Minneapolis police departments and the Secret Service. The settlement also includes an agreement by the St. Paul police department to implement a training program aimed at educating officers regarding the First Amendment rights of the press and public with respect to police operations, including proper procedures for dealing with the press covering demonstrations. Oct 3, 2011 RELATED: Press Freedom Victory: Democracy Now! Reporters Win Landmark Settlement Over 2008 RNC Arrests Oct 4, 2011
»»» Roundtable discussion with Marisa Holmes, Marina Sitrin and Laurie Penny @ Democracy NOW! 700 Arrested on Brooklyn Bridge as Occupy Wall Street Enters Third Week, Protests Grows Nationwide Oct 3, 2011
»»» Troy Davis Aftermath @ Democracy NOW! Mourners Call For Abolishing Death Penalty at Funeral for Troy Davis in Georgia Legendary Comedian Dick Gregory On Hunger Strike To Protest Capital Punishment, Death of Troy Davis Martina Correia, Sister of Troy Davis, Vows to Keep Fighting Death Penalty Oct 3, 2011
»»» Ari Berman contributing writer for The Nation magazine and Lois Beckett reporter for ProPublica @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW A War on Voting: Could Redistricting and Voting Law Changes Help Republicans Win in 2012? Oct 4, 2012
»»» Democracy Now! correspondent Sharif Abdel Kouddous @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW 7 Months After Revolution Ousted Mubarak, Egyptian Military Maintains Control, Suppressing Dissent Oct 4, 2011
»»» Jeremy Scahill @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Somalia Blowback: After Deadly Mogadishu Bombing, A Look at How U.S. Fueled Militant Islamist Threat Oct 5, 2011
»»» Kai Wright, editorial director of ColorLines.com and Arun Gupta, co-editor of The Indypendent, and The Occupied Wall Street Journal @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW As Unions, Students Join Occupy Wall Street, Are We Witnessing Growth of a New Movement? Oct 5, 2011
»»» Kevin Zeese lawyer and organizer for October2011.org and Dr. Margaret Flowers congressional fellow for Physicians for a National Health Program @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Social Justice, Antiwar Protesters to Occupy D.C.’s Freedom Plaza in “October 2011” Protest Oct 5, 2011
»»» Occupy Wall St. updates and NAOMI KLIEN @ Democracy NOW! WATCH THE ENTIRE SHOW NOW Thursday, October 06, 2011 including "Occupy Wall Street March Gets Massive Turnout; 28 Arrested in Police Crackdown" "Decrying Debt and Budget Cuts, Students Stage Walk-Out to Join Growing Occupy Wall Street Movement" "Naomi Klein: Protesters Are Seeking Change in the Streets Because It Won’t Come From the Ballot Box" and more!
»»» “Reena” a 19-year-old member of the Revolutionary Association of the Women of Afghanistan @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Ten Years After U.S. Invasion, Afghan War Rages On With No End in Sight Oct 7, 2011
»»» Rev. Jesse Jackson @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Rev. Jesse Jackson Honors the Late Civil Rights Stalwarts Fred Shuttlesworth and Derrick Bell Oct 7, 2011
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW Occupy Wall Street Labor March Special Coverage Occupy Wall Street is entering its third week, but even though the local media teams have been doing extraordinary work, the money media are still covering the protest as if it were a wildlife park. If the networks won't bring the protesters into the studio, we're going to bring a broadcast "studio" to the protesters.
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» NASCAR on ESPN The Chase runs on the 1.5-mile Kansas Speedway for the Hollywood Casino 400! Coverage begins at 2 pm et
»»» MLB Playoffs on TBS & FOX TBS has the NLCS Brewers/Cardinals while FOX gets the ALCS Tigers/Rangers! Doubleheader on Sunday! Get yer hot dogs and cracker jacks!ready!
»»» Football Night in America on NBC Packers @ Falcons! Coverage begins at 7 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
October2011.org October 2011 is the 10th anniversary of the invasion of Afghanistan and the beginning of the 2012 federal austerity budget. It is time to light the spark that sets off a true democratic, nonviolent transition to a world in which people are freed to create just and sustainable solutions. Take this pledge at October2011.org
- "I pledge that if any U.S. troops, contractors, or mercenaries remain in Afghanistan on Thursday, October 6, 2011, as that occupation goes into its 11th year, I will commit to being in Freedom Plaza in Washington, D.C., with others on that day or the days immediately following, for as long as I can, with the intention of making it our Tahrir Square, Cairo, our Madison, Wisconsin, where we will NONVIOLENTLY resist the corporate machine by occupying Freedom Plaza to demand that America's resources be invested in human needs and environmental protection instead of war and exploitation. We can do this together. We will be the beginning."
CHANGE.ORG The First Cause: A Plan to Claim Food As Food We're losing the right to manage our own health. Even the right to choose our food is being stolen. We can stop it, but only by ending the basis on which it's being done—not by addressing each action. A new website has been set up to allow people to post responses from politicians, along with their own articles: Free Choice - Health Defining food as food is not the only issue that must be tackled, but it's a key one. As it gets rolling, we'll start others. We are literally in a battle for our lives!
If you're in Europe, click HERE to sign the petition.
If you're in the United States, click HERE to sign the petition. Do it NOW!
UPDATE! Watch this interview with constitutional law attorney Jonathan Emord on ProjectCamelotLive JONATHAN EMORD INTERVIEW
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net And Alan Grayson is running again in FL-8! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org UPDATE! Manning-Lamo Chat Logs Revealed at wired.com plus The Deeply Personal Details in New Bradley Manning Chat Logs and Bradley Manning Support Network Much more at link.
UPDATE! See Peter B Collins PBC Podcast 294 Afghan Update–Rabbani Assassination, US Night Raids Expand; Bradley Manning Update; Gary Chew Reviews ‘Moneyball’s
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,477 US Military Dead as of Oct 7, 2011
AFGHANISTAN: 1,802 US Military Dead as of Oct 7, 2011
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. See Politifact Statements ABC News 'This Week'
• Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, political strategist Matthew Dowd, Peggy Noonan of the Wall Street Journal and Democratic strategist Donna Brazile, Mississippi governor and former RNC chairman Haley Barbour
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• presidential candidate Hermain Cain
• presidential candidate Newt Gingrich
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The jobs czar - Can General Electric Chairman Jeffrey Immelt, whose company has been racking up big profits overseas, help create jobs in America? Lesley Stahl interviews the man President Obama chose to lead the crucial quest for more American jobs. Andrew Metz is the producer.
• The revolution - Despite ousting the dictator whose regime repressed and tortured citizens for decades, Egyptians are now facing the same treatment from the country's military that they endured under President Hosni Mubarak. Bob Simon reports. Michael Gavshon and Drew Magratten are the producers
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish. See their website MeetTheFacts.com updating soon!
• Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel
• House Budget Chair Rep. Paul Ryan
• ROUNDTABLE: Rep. Aaron Schock (R-IL), Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-IL), Vanity Fair’s Bethany McLean
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• former Godfather’s Pizza CEO Herman Cain
• Minnesota Congresswoman Rep. Michele Bachmann.
• ROUNDTABLE: Mark Zandi, Chief Economist of Moody's Analytics, Peter Baker, White House Correspondent for the New York Times, and Ron Brownstein, CNN Senior Political Analyst
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
• MORAN MONDAY!!!!! Bob is BACK and caller Sandra is on fire! (profanity warning) Listen HERE (mp3)!
Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - October 6, 2011 Coal is a drag on the economy; Coast Guard said 'NO!', but Arctic drilling a 'GO' anyway; Surprise! Koch Industries lied about profiting from Keystone XL Pipeline; PLUS: Occupy Wall St. protesters rally to save the future with action on clean energy & climate change ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Floods drown Asia's rice bowl; AZ utility sued over Four Corners pollution; Stepping up construction of new power lines; Doctors: NY should weigh health risks of fracking; Salazar: 'Fracking' can be safe and responsible; IEA warns of ballooning world fossil fuel subsidies; Mussels, nutrients damaging Great Lakes; Supreme Court ends Bush-era grazing regulations; Florida's invasive species problem worst in the world; Solar Leaf: while Tea Party slimes energy progress, innovators build the future; Climate change and the end of Australia ...PLUS: Attack of the armadillos?: roving bands of “fairly destructive” armadillos may march on DC thanks to climate change ...
BRADCAST UPDATE! Brad hosted The Mike Malloy Show last week while Mike was in DC for the October2011.org protest. Listen to these great interviews!
• WED 10/5: Malloy from DC, Jesse LaGreca, Dr. Roger Johnston, Occupation Nation!...
• THU 10/6: Malloy in DC, Joshua Holland in SF, Nancy Tobi on hand-counting ballots...
• FRI 10/7: Greg Palast, Ernest A. Canning, Craig Adams & more Occupation Nation!...
Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Live! Weekly on KGO PBC Live! Weekly on KGO Your humble host has been remiss in keeping you apprised of his other media activities. Since February, I’ve been hosting a regular weekly show on KGO, the leading San Francisco talk station with a huge coverage area–at night, you can hear it anywhere on the West Coast. TFN (till further notice), you can hear me every Friday night–or, more precisely, Saturday morning, from 1-5 am (PDT) on 810-AM or streaming at www.kgoradio.com. If you’d like to be alerted each week, sign up on Facebook as a fan of “Peter B. Collins Show” or you can follow me on Twitter, @pbcsf
• PBC Podcast 298 Obama the Assassin Kills Two Americans With Severe Injuries to the 5th Amendment; Joshua Kors on Effective New Therapies for Epilepsy Vince Warren, Executive Director of the Center for Constitutional Rights, returns to comment on the drone assault that killed two Americans in Yemen, with no due process. Journalist Joshua Kors is back, with his personal experiences with epilepsy and new therapies that are working for him.
• PBC Podcast 299 Straight Talk on Banksters from Prof. Bill Black; Jimmy “Rent is Too Damn High” McMillen Blames Ron Paul for Wall St. Protests; Will Durst on Debit Card Fees Prof. Bill Black, former S & L regulator, returns to talk about Obama’s failure to prosecute fraudsters; Jimmy McMillen of Rent is Too Damn High party offers colorful and weird comments on the Wall Street protests; Will Durst reminds the banksters: it’s MY money!
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! October 7, 2011.
• This week on Ring of Fire: Congressman Bruce Braley will be here to tell us about the Right Wing assault on the National Labor Relations Board.
• Author and journalist Eric Alterman will be joining us to discuss the problem of the media’s stupidity.
• Larry Hanley, president of the Amalgamated Transit Union, will tell us about the transit union strikes and negotiations taking place across the country.
• And author Maria Armoudian will join us to talk about how the mainstream conservative media has helped create violent extremists who are willing to kill people because they believe that liberals are destroying the country.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
• VIDEO! Papantonio: The GOP’s Cult Mentality If you think that today’s Republican Party is starting to look like a spooky religious cult, you aren’t alone. As the American right lurches from traditional conservatism – a go-slow approach to governing that stresses the importance of continuity and social stability – to a far more reactionary brand typified by acolytes of Ayn Rand and Tea Party extremists waving misspelled signs decrying Democrats’ “socialism”, the time has come to ask whether modern “backlash” conservatism has become a religious faith rather than a pedestrian political ideology.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: The GOP’s Plan To Raise Middle Class Taxes President Obama has finally drawn a line in the sand over government spending – he’s told the Republicans that he will veto any bill that comes his way that includes cuts to Social Security and Medicare, and he’s also unveiled an ambitious plan to reduce military spending and raise taxes on the wealthiest Americans. As usual, the GOP has countered with their own plan – a plan that includes entitlement cuts and tax increases on working Americans.
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• Glenn Greenwald talks the Anwar al-Awlaki Assassination [10•03•11]
• Live Report from Occupy Wall Street [10•03•11]
• David Dayen of firedoglake on Mortgage Fraud, Banks & Occupy Wall Street [10•04•11]
• Mike Stark of Truth Ticker on his Duels with Rush Limbaugh [10•04•11]
MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityreport.official.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• NEW! MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• GUEST POST Michael Krieger: Rebellion Has Arrived in America posted by maxkeiser
• KEISER REPORT  Keiser Report: Deutschmark & Drachma Revival? We interview Satyajit Das.
• KEISER REPORT [KR193] Keiser Report – Debt & Slavery We interview Satyajit Das.
• KEISER REPORT [KR194] Keiser Report: Price Propaganda We interview Steve Keen!
• ON THE EDGE [OTE125] On the Edge with Pierre Jovanovic We talk about French banks, Sarkozy and the European debt crisis with Pierre Jovanovic, author of Blythe Masters.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1219] The Truth About Michael Moore vs Peter Schiff Stacy Summary: We discuss the Michael Moore comment from #occupywallstreet that capitalism needs to end, not the Fed. Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donations to ResonanceFM here.
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Peter Van Buren September 27, 2011: Peter Van Buren, former State Department Foreign Service Officer in Iraq, discusses the minimal effect 63 billion dollars had on rebuilding Iraq since the 2003 invasion; his experience leading a Provincial Reconstruction Team with lots of cash but very little know-how; putting together laughably unhelpful conferences for hot-button issues like women’s rights; giving large cash handouts to Iraqis while public services in the US went unfunded; the Iraqi government’s minimal control outside major cities, where tribal mafia-like clans reigned; and why Prime Minister Maliki will allow the US occupation to continue, so long as he keeps getting free swag.
• Ray McGovern October 5, 2011: Ray McGovern, member of Veterans For Peace and former senior analyst at the CIA, discusses his article “Israel’s Window to Bomb Iran;” how the 2007 National Intelligence Estimate thwarted the Bush administration’s push for war; Israel’s increasing isolation as its allies depart en masse; Obama’s acute vulnerability to the “Likud lobby’s” influence during his reelection bid; the former Mossad chiefs who worry about Netanyahu’s warmongering; and whether military leadership will speak up to Israel to avoid war with Iran – like admirals Mullen and Fallon did in 2007.
• Ken Silverstein October 8, 2011: Ken Silverstein, Washington Editor for Harper’s Magazine, discusses his article “Neoconservatives hype a new Cold War;” the public relations firms used as lobbies for foreign governments, like Randy Scheunemann’s Orion Strategies; the close-knit world of Washington D.C. where everyone knows everyone else and investigative journalists self-sensor for fear of alienating friends and colleagues; and the incestuous relationship between Georgia’s government, Scheunemann’s PR firm and reporters who collaborate to produce an anti-Russian propaganda echo chamber, not journalism.
• Marcy Wheeler October 8, 2011: Blogger Marcy Wheeler discusses how Obama’s approved assassination of Anwar al-Awlaki makes him no better than Dick Cheney (even according to Cheney); the selective prosecution of classified information leakers (pro-government is a-ok); the Obama administration’s refusal to release internal legal memo’s that justify assassinations of US citizens, much less any actual evidence against Awlaki; why a federal terrorism trial nearly always results in conviction; and why Obama himself may be filling the role of Bush-era Office of Legal Council hacks like John Yoo.
Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Congressman Darrell Issa
• Rick Santorum
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml