Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below!
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER! WAR ON WALL ST. CONTINUES We begin with Glenn Greenwald The due-process-free assassination of U.S. citizens is now reality It was first reported in January of last year that the Obama administration had compiled a hit list of American citizens whom the President had ordered assassinated without any due process, and one of those Americans was Anwar al-Awlaki. No effort was made to indict him for any crimes (despite a report last October that the Obama administration was “considering” indicting him). Despite substantial doubt among Yemen experts about whether he even had any operational role in Al Qaeda, no evidence (as opposed to unverified government accusations) was presented of his guilt. When Awlaki’s father sought a court order barring Obama from killing his son, the DOJ argued, among other things, that such decisions were “state secrets” and thus beyond the scrutiny of the courts. He was simply ordered killed by the President: his judge, jury and executioner. When Awlaki’s inclusion on President Obama’s hit list was confirmed, The New York Times noted that “it is extremely rare, if not unprecedented, for an American to be approved for targeted killing.” After several unsuccessful efforts to assassinate its own citizen, the U.S. succeeded today it (and was the U.S.). It almost certainly was able to find and kill Awlaki with the help of its long-time close friend President Saleh, who took a little time off from murdering his own citizens to help the U.S. murder its [own]. The U.S. thus transformed someone who was, at best, a marginal figure into a martyr, and again showed its true face to the world. The government and media search for The Next bin Laden has undoubtedly already commenced. What’s most striking about this is not that the U.S. Government has seized and exercised exactly the power the Fifth Amendment was designed to bar (“No person shall be deprived of life without due process of law”), and did so in a way that almost certainly violates core First Amendment protections (questions that will now never be decided in a court of law). What’s most amazing is that its citizens will not merely refrain from objecting, but will stand and cheer the U.S. Government’s new power to assassinate their fellow citizens, far from any battlefield, literally without a shred of due process from the U.S. Government. ... UPDATE: What amazes me most whenever I write about this topic is recalling how terribly upset so many Democrats pretended to be when Bush claimed the power merely to detain or even just eavesdrop on American citizens without due process. Remember all that? Yet now, here’s Obama claiming the power not to detain or eavesdrop on citizens without due process, but to kill them; marvel at how the hardest-core White House loyalists now celebrate this and uncritically accept the same justifying rationale used by Bush/Cheney (this is war! the President says he was a Terrorist!) without even a moment of acknowledgment of the profound inconsistency or the deeply troubling implications of having a President — even Barack Obama — vested with the power to target U.S. citizens for murder with no due process. See Greenwald on DN! below. Remember habeas corpus? Or "innocent until proven guity"? "Quaint" no? Then from theeconomiccollapseblog The Federal Reserve Plans To Identify “Key Bloggers” And Monitor Billions Of Conversations About The Fed On Facebook, Twitter, Forums And Blogs The Federal Reserve wants to know what you are saying about it. In fact, the Federal Reserve has announced plans to identify "key bloggers" and to monitor "billions of conversations" about the Fed on Facebook, Twitter, forums and blogs. This is yet another sign that the alternative media is having a dramatic impact. As first reported on Zero Hedge, the Federal Reserve Bank of New York has issued a "Request for Proposal" to suppliers who may be interested in participating in the development of a "Sentiment Analysis And Social Media Monitoring Solution". In other words, the Federal Reserve wants to develop a highly sophisticated system that will gather everything that you and I say about the Federal Reserve on the Internet and that will analyze what our feelings about the Fed are. Obviously, any "positive" feelings about the Fed would not be a problem. What they really want to do is to gather information on everyone that views the Federal Reserve negatively. It is unclear how they plan to use this information once they have it, but considering how many alternative media sources have been shut down lately, this is obviously a very troubling sign. ... The Federal Reserve Bank of New York intends to listen in on "billions of conversations" and to actually determine the "sentiment" of those that are participating in those conversations. Of course it will be those conversations that are "negative" about the Federal Reserve that will be setting off the alarm bells. ... Very, very creepy stuff. Are you disturbed yet? For those of us that write about the Federal Reserve a lot, this is very sobering news. I wonder what the Fed will think about the following articles that I have posted on this site.... Click over to see the kinds of articles that may be "setting off the alarm bells". Will BTV be in the Fed's data-mining crosshairs, too? Or worse? From the GOP CANARD DESK debunking yet another old saw the GOP love to trot out Who Are The "Job Creators"? NPR's Melissa Block interviews Justin Wolfers, professor of business and public policy at the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School who explains Ninety percent of those are small businesses, which means they have, you know, 20 or fewer employees. Those 90 percent of all firms only make up 20 percent of all jobs. So while there's lot of businesses, there's not a lot of jobs in small business. .... I think there is no ordinary sense of the word small business that includes firms with 500 employees. It just doesn't make sense. I regard that as a huge firm and it would be an enormous factory, for instance. There's also - one needs to be careful about what we mean by creating jobs. So small businesses create a lot of jobs, but they also destroy a lot of jobs. Small businesses, firms that are just starting out, a bunch of them succeed, and a bunch of them fail. If we only count the success, which would be the wrong thing to do, we'd say they create an enormous number of jobs. But, you know, how difficult it is to start a successful small business. And so sure they're doing a lot of hiring in total, but they're also doing a lot of firing as well. ... If you actually look at the data what we mean by small businesses, what they actually are, they're things like real estate agents or my hairdresser. They're lawyers. They're doctors. You talk to these folks, do they have any interest in innovating or bringing new products to market or any of the things we think of as being the engine of economic growth, the answer is no. Ari Berman explains The GOP War on Voting at Rolling Stone: All told, a dozen states have approved new obstacles to voting. Kansas and Alabama now require would-be voters to provide proof of citizenship before registering. Florida and Texas made it harder for groups like the League of Women Voters to register new voters. Maine repealed Election Day voter registration, which had been on the books since 1973. Five states – Florida, Georgia, Ohio, Tennessee and West Virginia – cut short their early voting periods. Florida and Iowa barred all ex-felons from the polls, disenfranchising thousands of previously eligible voters. And six states controlled by Republican governors and legislatures – Alabama, Kansas, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Wisconsin – will require voters to produce a government-issued ID before casting ballots. More than 10 percent of U.S. citizens lack such identification, and the numbers are even higher among constituencies that traditionally lean Democratic – including 18 percent of young voters and 25 percent of African-Americans. ... Even at the time, there was no evidence to back up such outlandish claims. A major probe by the Justice Department between 2002 and 2007 failed to prosecute a single person for going to the polls and impersonating an eligible voter, which the anti-fraud laws are supposedly designed to stop. Out of the 300 million votes cast in that period, federal prosecutors convicted only 86 people for voter fraud – and many of the cases involved immigrants and former felons who were simply unaware of their ineligibility. A much-hyped investigation in Wisconsin, meanwhile, led to the prosecution of only .0007 percent of the local electorate for alleged voter fraud. Here in Ohio we await the verifying of signatures gathered opposing the ALEC-designed HB 194. Reports CLE OH NewsNet5's Elizabeth Misson More than 300,000 signatures submitted for repeal new election reform law COLUMBUS, Ohio - On Thursday, the group behind the effort to recall Ohio's new election reform law submitted more than 300,000 signatures (318,460 to be exact) to Ohio Secretary of State John Husted. Husted's office will now catalog those signatures and ship them off to local county board of elections to be validated. ... The window for early voting for the 2011 and 2012 General Elections will remain unchanged from previous years. (HB 194 called for a shortened early voting window) ... Once the petition signatures are validated the referendum will then be placed on the November 2012 ballot where Ohio voters can decide whether to adopt the law. The BTV crew is happy our signature-gathering efforts helped but TheHackerNews.com tells us about a Man-in-the-Middle Remote Attack on Diebold Touch-screen Voting MachineThe Vulnerability Assessment Team (VAT) at the U.S. Dept. of Energy's Argonne National Laboratory in Illinois has managed to hack a Diebold Accuvote touch-screen voting machine. Voting machines used by as many as a quarter of American voters heading to the polls in 2012 can be hacked with just $10.50 in parts and an 8th grade science education, according to computer science. ... The Argonne team's demonstration of the attack on a Diebold Accuvote machine is seen in a short new video shared exclusively with the Brad Blog. Speaking of BradBlog Brad on KPFK: Interview with Argonne Lab's Roger Johnston on His $26 Remote 'Man-in-the-Middle' Diebold E-Vote Hack AND National Security Lab Hacks Diebold Touch-Screen Voting Machine by Remote Control With $26 in Computer Parts: My New EXCLUSIVE at Salon PLUS Ohio's Anti-Voter Law Suspended After 300,000 Sign Petition to Force it Onto Ballot. READ WATCH AND LISTEN!!! Here's a 710.77345 UPDATE provided by David Lawlor at EarthJustice.org Swedish Oil Spill a Preview of the Alaskan Arctic? A massive oil spill announced this week off the coast of western Sweden feels like an ominous harbinger for America’s Arctic Ocean.Just days following the spill near the Swedish island of Tjörn, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency issued air permits for Shell Oil’s plans to drill in the Alaskan Arctic in 2012. EPA issued the permits despite the fact that Shell’s oil spill response plan for the region’s icy, remote waters is totally inadequate. Sweden’s disaster serves as a cautionary tale for America’s Arctic Ocean. Read the rest and click through to those links for the gory details. All is not lost as Bill McGibbon's 350.org created a worldwide Day of Action last Monday with Moving Planet "a worldwide day to move beyond fossil fuels, with over 2000 events in more than 175 countries!" Read more... and check out all the videos from all corners of the globe! Take the Pledge to Move Beyond Fossil Fuels at www.Moving-Planet.org Greece's slide into further "austerity" is continuing with even more vigor as Prime Minister Papandreou shows what a good capitalist stooge he is by saying, "Many ask me: But do you have the support? My first answer is that is not my problem. I am here to work for my country, save the country, change the country, whether I am re-elected or not is not my problem." Listen to the background noises in Sylvia Poggioli's report Greeks Protest Austerity Measures Reuters (via YahooNews) Greece faces auditor verdict, fresh protests ATHENS (Reuters) - Greek civil servants blocked the doors of government ministries on Thursday in protest against austerity measures, disrupting the start of talks with the EU and IMF on an aid tranche Athens needs to avoid bankruptcy. The Socialist government announced unpopular pension cuts, lay-offs and taxes last week to lure back the EU, IMF and ECB inspectors, who left Greece earlier this month over disagreements on the steps needed to plug fiscal gaps. Dozens of finance ministry employees gathered in front of the finance ministry on Thursday to protest against the measures, shouting: "Take your bailout and leave." The protesters stopped some officials from the EU/IMF/ECB troika from entering the building, and the mission chiefs met Finance Minister Evangelos Venizelos in another government office. Civil servants also blocked the entrances of other public buildings including the interior, justice, health and agriculture ministries, a police spokesman said. "The occupations are carried out today to coincide with the return of the troika to our country and as we face new barbaric measures," public sector union ADEDY said in a statement..... RealClearPolitics.com has the video of Trader Alessio Rastani: Eurozone Will Crash, Goldman Sachs Rules World from the BBC that has everybody SHOCKED! Next Pepe Escobar at Tom Dispatch explains The West and the Rest in a One-Model-Fits-All World: The Decline and Fall of Just About Everyone ...If Washington is now stunned and operating on autopilot, that’s in part because, historically speaking, its moment as the globe’s “sole superpower” or even “hyperpower” barely outlasted Andy Warhol’s notorious 15 minutes of fame -- from the fall of the Berlin Wall and collapse of the Soviet Union to 9/11 and the Bush doctrine. The new American century was swiftly throttled in three hubris-filled stages: 9/11 (blowback); the invasion of Iraq (preemptive war); and the 2008 Wall Street meltdown (casino capitalism). ... It’s worth remembering that capitalism was “civilized” thanks to the unrelenting pressure of gritty working-class movements and the ever-present threat of strikes and even revolutions. The existence of the Soviet bloc, an alternate model of economic development (however warped), also helped. To counteract the USSR, Washington’s and Europe’s ruling groups had to buy the support of their masses in defending what no one blushed about calling “the Western way of life.” A complex social contract was forged, and it involved capital making concessions. No more. Not in Washington, that’s obvious. And increasingly, not in Europe either. That system started breaking down as soon as -- talk about total ideological triumph! -- neoliberalism became the only show in town. There was a single superhighway from there and it swept the most fragile strands of the middle class directly into a new post-industrial proletariat, or simply into unemployable status. If neoliberalism is the victor for now, it’s because no realist, alternative developmental model exists, and yet what it has won is ever more in question. Meanwhile, except in the Middle East, progressives the world over are paralyzed, as if expecting the old order to dissolve by itself. Unfortunately, history teaches us that, at similar crossroads in the past, you are as likely to find the grapes of wrath, right-wing populist-style, as anything else -- or worse yet, outright fascism. ... Americans may find it surreal (or start packing their expat bags), but an annual income of less than $10,000 means a comfortable life in China or Indonesia, while in the United States, with a median household income of roughly $50,000, one is practically poor. Read the surprise ending! If you're a teabagger read GEORGE MONBIOT's A Billionaires' Coup in the US and share it with all your teabagger friends! "So the rich, in a nominal democracy, have a struggle on their hands. Somehow they must persuade the other 99% to vote against their own interests: to shrink the state, supporting spending cuts rather than tax rises. In the US they appear to be succeeding. ... AFP mobilised the anger of people who found their conditions of life declining, and channelled it into a campaign to make them worse. Tea Party campaigners take to the streets to demand less tax for billionaires and worse health, education and social insurance for themselves." The Guardian UK has Occupy Wall Street: the protesters speak The anti-capitalist protesters who have set up camp in lower Manhattan are becoming a fixture of the area with interviews and videos. Good item! Next BTV's Maddy provides this FHA "Here come the
- Occupy Wall Street has recently come into the media spotlight, not because of our political message, but because certain high-ranking members of the NYPD punched, threw, and stepped on peaceful marchers. Arrestees were handcuffed so tight their hands turned blue. Many of these people have yet to regain feeling in their extremities. A senior police officer infamously forced women into pens and maced them at point-blank range. While we vehemently condemn these abuses of power, we urge all who read this to remain focused on our intended message. Abuse of power is abuse of power. Whether perpetrated by Wall Street bankers or members of the NYPD, it is the duty of all citizens to oppose injustice. We condemn the actions of unprofessional police who used excessive force in subduing a peaceful march. But we are foremost here to oppose the growing power of the ruling class.
Let us also be clear that, when approached as individuals, members of the NYPD have expressed solidarity with our cause. It has been inspiring to receive this support. Over these thirteen days, we have learned that no one supports corporations’ disproportionate influence in the political sphere. We have learned that no one is in favor of evicting struggling families to the street while banks continue to profit. No one, that is, except the corporations and banks. We urge members of the NYPD to remain in solidarity with our cause. These men and women could lose their pensions and benefits during the next round of budget cuts. We ask that members of the NYPD treat all peaceful human beings with respect and care. This will be a great step towards reclaiming power for the working class. Those who profit off the suffering of others will held accountable. We are the 99%, and we are too big to fail. Tonight we march to One Police Plaza.
- Why are people occupying Wall Street? Why has the occupation – despite the latest police crackdown – sent out sparks across America, within days, inspiring hundreds of people to send pizzas, money, equipment and, now, to start their own movements called OccupyChicago, OccupyFlorida, in OccupyDenver or OccupyLA?
There are obvious reasons. We are watching the beginnings of the defiant self-assertion of a new generation of Americans, a generation who are looking forward to finishing their education with no jobs, no future, but still saddled with enormous and unforgivable debt. Most, I found, were of working-class or otherwise modest backgrounds, kids who did exactly what they were told they should: studied, got into college, and are now not just being punished for it, but humiliated – faced with a life of being treated as deadbeats, moral reprobates.
Is it really surprising they would like to have a word with the financial magnates who stole their future?
Just as in Europe, we are seeing the results of colossal social failure. The occupiers are the very sort of people, brimming with ideas, whose energies a healthy society would be marshaling to improve life for everyone. Instead, they are using it to envision ways to bring the whole system down.
But the ultimate failure here is of imagination. What we are witnessing can also be seen as a demand to finally have a conversation we were all supposed to have back in 2008. There was a moment, after the near-collapse of the world's financial architecture, when anything seemed possible.
Everything we'd been told for the last decade turned out to be a lie. Markets did not run themselves; creators of financial instruments were not infallible geniuses; and debts did not really need to be repaid – in fact, money itself was revealed to be a political instrument, trillions of dollars of which could be whisked in or out of existence overnight if governments or central banks required it. Even the Economist was running headlines like "Capitalism: Was it a Good Idea?"
It seemed the time had come to rethink everything: the very nature of markets, money, debt; to ask what an "economy" is actually for. This lasted perhaps two weeks. Then, in one of the most colossal failures of nerve in history, we all collectively clapped our hands over our ears and tried to put things back as close as possible to the way they'd been before.
Perhaps, it's not surprising. It's becoming increasingly obvious that the real priority of those running the world for the last few decades has not been creating a viable form of capitalism, but rather, convincing us all that the current form of capitalism is the only conceivable economic system, so its flaws are irrelevant. As a result, we're all sitting around dumbfounded as the whole apparatus falls apart.
What we've learned now is that the economic crisis of the 1970s never really went away. It was fobbed off by cheap credit at home and massive plunder abroad – the latter, in the name of the "third world debt crisis". But the global south fought back. The "alter-globalisation movement", was in the end, successful: the IMF has been driven out of East Asia and Latin America, just as it is now being driven from the Middle East. As a result, the debt crisis has come home to Europe and North America, replete with the exact same approach: declare a financial crisis, appoint supposedly neutral technocrats to manage it, and then engage in an orgy of plunder in the name of "austerity".
The form of resistance that has emerged looks remarkably similar to the old global justice movement, too: we see the rejection of old-fashioned party politics, the same embrace of radical diversity, the same emphasis on inventing new forms of democracy from below. What's different is largely the target: where in 2000, it was directed at the power of unprecedented new planetary bureaucracies (the WTO, IMF, World Bank, Nafta), institutions with no democratic accountability, which existed only to serve the interests of transnational capital; now, it is at the entire political classes of countries like Greece, Spain and, now, the US – for exactly the same reason. This is why protesters are often hesitant even to issue formal demands, since that might imply recognising the legitimacy of the politicians against whom they are ranged.
When the history is finally written, though, it's likely all of this tumult – beginning with the Arab Spring – will be remembered as the opening salvo in a wave of negotiations over the dissolution of the American Empire. Thirty years of relentless prioritising of propaganda over substance, and snuffing out anything that might look like a political basis for opposition, might make the prospects for the young protesters look bleak; and it's clear that the rich are determined to seize as large a share of the spoils as remain, tossing a whole generation of young people to the wolves in order to do so. But history is not on their side.
We might do well to consider the collapse of the European colonial empires. It certainly did not lead to the rich successfully grabbing all the cookies, but to the creation of the modern welfare state. We don't know precisely what will come out of this round. But if the occupiers finally manage to break the 30-year stranglehold that has been placed on the human imagination, as in those first weeks after September 2008, everything will once again be on the table – and the occupiers of Wall Street and other cities around the US will have done us the greatest favour anyone possibly can.
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
»»» Democracy Now!’s Ryan Devereaux and Jon Gerberg @ Democracy NOW! Occupy Wall Street Protest Enters Second Week; 80 Arrested at Peaceful March Sept 26, 2011
»»» Michael Moore @ Democracy NOW! Wednesday, September 28, 2011 Amy Goodman interviews Michael Moore for the hour.
»»» Michael Moore Part 2@ Democracy NOW! Wednesday, September 29, 2011 Amy Goodman interviews Michael Moore for the hour.
»»» Glenn Greenwald @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW With Death of Anwar al-Awlaki, Has U.S. Launched New Era of Killing U.S. Citizens Without Charge? Sept 30, 2012
»»» Academy Award-winning director, Vanessa Roth and Brooklyn first-grade public school teacher Jamie Fidler @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW "American Teacher": New Film Rebuts Vilification of Underpaid, Dedicated Public School Teachers Sept 30, 2011
»»» OCCUPY WALL ST @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Inside Occupy Wall Street: A Tour of Activist Encampment at the Heart of Growing Protest In this report, Democracy Now! producer Mike Burke gets a tour of the private park, open to the public, that people have occupied, and and speaks with demonstrators, including a woman who was pepper sprayed by New York City Police Department Deputy Inspector Anthony Bologna last Saturday. Sept 30, 2012
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW LIVE STREAM FROM OCCUPY WALL STREET GRITtv is giving over our main page to Global Revolution - and the live stream video coverage from independent journalists on the ground at nonviolent protests around the world. The team includes members of Mobile Broadcast News, Glassbead Collective, Twin Cities Indymedia and the alt.media ninjas that brought you Terrorizing Dissent and Democracy 101 documentaries. Currently broadcasting from #OccupyWallStreet protests in NYC that began on Saturday, Sept 17, 2011. Please donate to equip their live video team:http://tinyurl.com/occupywslive
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» NASCAR on ESPN The Chase runs on the 1-mile Dover International Speedway for the AAA 400! Coverage begins at 2 pm et
»»» MLB on TBS TBS & TNT will televise ALL of the First Round of the MLB Playoffs! In the ALDS it's Tigers-Yankees & Rays-Rangers while the NLDS has Diamondbacks-Brewers & Cardinals-Phillies. Get yer hot dogs and cracker jacks ready!
»»» Football Night in America on NBC Jets @ Ravens! Coverage begins at 7 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
October2011.org October 2011 is the 10th anniversary of the invasion of Afghanistan and the beginning of the 2012 federal austerity budget. It is time to light the spark that sets off a true democratic, nonviolent transition to a world in which people are freed to create just and sustainable solutions. Take this pledge at October2011.org
- "I pledge that if any U.S. troops, contractors, or mercenaries remain in Afghanistan on Thursday, October 6, 2011, as that occupation goes into its 11th year, I will commit to being in Freedom Plaza in Washington, D.C., with others on that day or the days immediately following, for as long as I can, with the intention of making it our Tahrir Square, Cairo, our Madison, Wisconsin, where we will NONVIOLENTLY resist the corporate machine by occupying Freedom Plaza to demand that America's resources be invested in human needs and environmental protection instead of war and exploitation. We can do this together. We will be the beginning."
CHANGE.ORG The First Cause: A Plan to Claim Food As Food We're losing the right to manage our own health. Even the right to choose our food is being stolen. We can stop it, but only by ending the basis on which it's being done—not by addressing each action. A new website has been set up to allow people to post responses from politicians, along with their own articles: Free Choice - Health Defining food as food is not the only issue that must be tackled, but it's a key one. As it gets rolling, we'll start others. We are literally in a battle for our lives!
If you're in Europe, click HERE to sign the petition.
If you're in the United States, click HERE to sign the petition. Do it NOW!
UPDATE! Watch this interview with constitutional law attorney Jonathan Emord on ProjectCamelotLive JONATHAN EMORD INTERVIEW
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net And Alan Grayson is running again in FL-8! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org UPDATE! Manning-Lamo Chat Logs Revealed at wired.com plus The Deeply Personal Details in New Bradley Manning Chat Logs and Bradley Manning Support Network Much more at link.
UPDATE! See Peter B Collins PBC Podcast 294 Afghan Update–Rabbani Assassination, US Night Raids Expand; Bradley Manning Update; Gary Chew Reviews ‘Moneyball’s
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,477 US Military Dead as of Sept 30, 2011
AFGHANISTAN: 1,796 US Military Dead as of Sept 30, 2011
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. See Politifact Statements ABC News 'This Week'
• GOP presidential candidate & businessman Herman Cain
• Matt Katz of the Philadelphia Enquirer
• Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz
• Senior foreign affairs correspondent Martha Raddatz - special report from Afghanistan
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, ABC News senior White House correspondent Jake Tapper, Republican strategist Nicolle Wallace and Democratic strategist Mark Penn
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Senator John McCain R-AZ
• Governor Haley Barbour R-MS
• Governor Martin O'Malley D-MD
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• After the wave - The relationship between the Japanese town of Otsuchi and its "sister city" Ft. Bragg, Calif., took on a new and powerful meaning after Otsuchi was inundated by the tsunami last winter. Bob Simon reports. Draggan Mihailovich is the producer.
• Andy Rooney - Morley Safer interviews the iconic commentator about his remarkable career right before Rooney's last regular appearance on "60 Minutes," where he has had the final word since 1978. Warren Lustig is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish. See their website MeetTheFacts.com updating soon!
• Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick (D)
• Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell (R)
• ROUNDTABLE: Vice Chairman of the Democratic Caucus in the House, Rep. Xavier Becerra (CA); Republican strategist, Mike Murphy; Washington Post columnist, EJ Dionne; and the Wall Street Journal’s, Peggy Noonan.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• former Vice President Dick Cheney
• former State Department official and national security advocate Liz Cheney
• former NSA and CIA Director, Gen. Michael Hayden
• former congresswoman Jane Harman (D)
• Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour (R)
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
• PRAYER MEETIN' WEDNESDAY!!!!! Uber-pope Bob knows! Last one for awhile as Bob takes care of his own activism and leads by example! Listen HERE (mp3)!
Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - September 29, 2011 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Climate change denial industry desperately distorting EPA reports; 'Poo Power' lights London --- literally; Historic dam removal creating a bunch of new dam jobs; PLUS: Rand Paul wants the Koch Brothers to go to jail?!? (but he doesn't want you to have safer gas pipelines ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Winners of the Solar Decathlon 2011, ends this weekend; Maathai: Be "active participants" in environmental restoration; Feedlots are hazardous to your respiratory health; American 'allergy' to global warming; Google invests $75m in residential solar; Santa Fe's air among cleanest in the world; Texas air quality the worst in US; New process converts plastic into synthetic crude oil; Artificial leaf could change solar power; Keystone XL: Pipeline divides along Old lines; No one wants Japan's radioactive soil; Pakistan: another victim of climate change; Obama admin delays fed fuel efficiency rules; Gibson Guitars made illegal logging a conservative cause célèbre; Lobbyists spinning weak science to defend BPA ... PLUS: Peak Coal: The Coming Decline and Fall of Big Coal ...
BRADCAST UPDATE! Brad on KPFK: Interview with Argonne Lab's Roger Johnston on His $26 Remote 'Man-in-the-Middle' Diebold E-Vote Hack
Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Live! Weekly on KGO PBC Live! Weekly on KGO Your humble host has been remiss in keeping you apprised of his other media activities. Since February, I’ve been hosting a regular weekly show on KGO, the leading San Francisco talk station with a huge coverage area–at night, you can hear it anywhere on the West Coast. TFN (till further notice), you can hear me every Friday night–or, more precisely, Saturday morning, from 1-5 am (PDT) on 810-AM or streaming at www.kgoradio.com. If you’d like to be alerted each week, sign up on Facebook as a fan of “Peter B. Collins Show” or you can follow me on Twitter, @pbcsf
• PBC Podcast 295 Boiling Frogs: Identities Revealed of CIA Officials Who Failed to Share Pre-9/11 Intel With FBI, Others Author and researcher Kevin Fenton joins us to discuss the recent case involving the CIA’s withholding of the release of audio documentary “Who is Richard Blee?” and the extensive research and findings which have resulted in the unmasking of three former top CIA officials and their role in withholding intelligence on two key 9/11 hijackers
• PBC Podcast 296 Wall St. Protests Get Traction, DC Protest Starts October 6; Journalist Joby Warrick Recreates December 2009 Attack at Khost Activist Kevin Zeese is back, with updates on the Wall Street protests and the heavy-handed police tactics that, perversely, are causing the media to actually start covering the protest. Zeese also details plans for a major protest in Washington starting October 6, the 10th anniversary of our invasion of Afghanistan. Joby Warrick of The Washington Post talks about his new book, The Triple Agent.
• PBC Podcast 297 Boiling Frogs: NSA Whistleblower Russell Tice Confirms Wiretaps on NYT’s James Risen Russell Tice reveals important new information in this Boiling Frogs interview, co-hosted with Sibel Edmonds. Tice joins us to assess and explain the National Security Agency’s (NSA’s) ongoing and ever-expanding domestic electronic surveillance of Americans in violation of our rights guaranteed under the Fourth Amendment, and the implications and dangers of the agency’s massive Data Mining technologies and practices.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! September 30, 2011.
• Pulitzer Prize winning journalist Charlie Savage will join us to discuss the expansion of presidential war powers that has occurred under the last two presidential administrations.
• Radio host David Pakman will tell us about the billionaire Republicans who are pushing New Jersey governor Chris Christie to run for president.
• Attorney Robert Price will be joining us to discuss a defective medical device that is disfiguring and ruining the lives of women across America.
• And blogger and author Chauncey DeVega joins us to talk about the new cult mentality that has taken over the GOP.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Climate Change Leads to Massive Food Shortages If you’ve seen Al Gore’s film An Inconvenient Truth, then you’re probably familiar with the concept of global unrest spurred on by climate change. In his film, he talked about these issues as being something that could happen in the future, but as we’re seeing around the world today, these events are already happening. As climate change is making access to resources more and more scarce, people around the globe are becoming scared, and sometimes violent. Mike Papantonio talks about how this is happening, and what we can do, with Christian Parenti, author of the new book “Tropic of Chaos: climate Change and the New Geography of Violence.”
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Time for Democrats To Fight Back A few weeks ago, Democrats lost two House seats in special elections that should have been a lock for the Democratic Party. These losses, along with the falling approval rate of President Obama, show that the Party desperately needs to reshape their message before the 2012 elections. Mike Papantonio talks about how to reset the Democratic Party with John Nichols, Washington correspondent for The Nation magazine.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Perry Tries to Appeal to Wingnuts Mike Papantonio appears on MSNBC’s The Ed Show with host Ed Schultz to discuss the week’s biggest stories, including Rick Perry’s “relaxing” sniper rifle firing sessions, and Chris Christie being pushed by the Bushes to run for president.
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• Will Bunch on the Media Blackout of #OccupyWallStreet [09•22•11]
• Cliff Schecter and Sam Seder discuss the GOP Debate & the 'booing' of a Gay Soldier [09•23•11]
• Suzanne Mettler talks our hidden government benefits [09•26•11]
MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityreport.official.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• VIDEO! Reggie Middleton invokes Malcolm X and THROWS DOWN AGAINST THE BANKS!!!!
• VIDEO! Another star truth teller sneaks through on BBC! by maxkeiser Peter Oborne 'Idiot' Comments Prompts EU Spokesman To Storm Off Newsnight HuffpostUKpols
• That’s right, wind and solar provide more power than needed. This has been a possibility now for more than 30 years. But instead, Big Oil pushes suicide for profit. by maxkeiser - READ Utilities Giving Away Power as Wind, Sun Flood Grid The 15 mile-per-hour winds that buffeted northern Germany on July 24 caused the nation’s 21,600 windmills to generate so much power that utilities such as EON AG and RWE AG (RWE) had to pay consumers to take it off the grid.
• GUEST POST Michael Krieger: Rebellion Has Arrived in America posted by maxkeiser
• KEISER REPORT  Thusday, Sept. 29: Keiser Report: The Greek Depression & Macing Bankers We talk to Nomi Prins about her new book Black Tuesday. Stay tuned for 11 minutes of overtime we have with Nomi. It should be up on Youtube in a few hours. [UPDATE: Nomi Prins piece in NY Times today about Jamie Dimon's 'Anti-American' rant] Keiser Report 190 – EXTRA! EXTRA! EXTRA! With Nomi Prins This is 11 minutes of extra material we shot with Nomi Prins yesterday.
• KEISER REPORT [KR191] Keiser Report – With Roseanne Barr On #occupywallstreet, Monsatan & Creative Solutions for Deadly Banking Crimes Stacy Summary: We interview Roseanne Barr about banker solutions and #occupywallstreet.
• ON THE EDGE [OTE125] On the Edge with Pierre Jovanovic We talk about French banks, Sarkozy and the European debt crisis with Pierre Jovanovic, author of Blythe Masters.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1219] The Truth About Michael Moore vs Peter Schiff Stacy Summary: We discuss the Michael Moore comment from #occupywallstreet that capitalism needs to end, not the Fed. Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donations to ResonanceFM here.
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• The Other Scott Horton September 27, 2011: The Other Scott Horton (no relation), international human rights lawyer, professor and contributing editor at Harper’s magazine, discusses his recent articles “Injudicious Judge Dismisses Civil Libertarians” and “Brennan Does Yemen;” why rising tensions in Pakistan may result in US forces being kicked out – if they will leave; how the AUMF is used to justify warfare anywhere, with nearly anyone; how the CIA transformed from a civilian intelligence gathering/analyzing agency into yet another clandestine military outfit; and the competing military doctrines of politicians and generals, respectively: waging a multi-front, constantly expanding, never-ending global war and fighting more limited engagements that can be defined, won, and used for self-promotion.
• Gareth Porter September 27, 2011: Gareth Porter, independent historian and journalist for IPS News, discusses why the US seems to crank up the pressure on Pakistan every time the Afghan War takes a turn for the worse; the domestic national security reasons for Pakistan’s government/military alliance with the Haqqani network; why provocative and threatening pronouncements by US officials aren’t as persuasive as they used to be; and why the Obama administration has decided to run for reelection on a reckless foreign policy – one that may lead to a disastrous war in Pakistan.
• M.J. Rosenberg September 27, 2011: M.J. Rosenberg, journalist and Senior Foreign Policy Fellow at Media Matters Action Network, discusses his two recent articles “If Tom Friedman can say it, you can too” about how criticism of the Israel lobby has gone mainstream and “On Israel & Palestine, Barack Obama Is Rick Perry;” the large percentage of Israelis who are OK with a Palestinian state, even though their government vehemently opposes one; why, when it comes to Israel, Obama wins the prize for most sycophantic US President in history; AIPAC’s excellent return on investment for its campaign contributions and lobbying efforts; and why Democrats are even more slavishly devoted to the Likud party line than Republicans.
• Grant F. Smith September 28, 2011: Grant F. Smith, director of the Institute for Research: Middle Eastern Policy in Washington, D.C., discusses the clarification of his August article “Does AIPAC Have Only Two Major Donors;” how AIPAC has changed its mandatory disclosures and tax returns to obfuscate the organization’s donors and methods; how the American Israel Education Foundation (AIPAC’s “travel agency”) shuttles members of Congress to and from Israel, even though lobby-sponsored trips are supposed to be banned; the organizations (not just AIPAC) that constitute what is known as the “Israel lobby;” and how the Foreign Agents Registration Act is selectively enforced based on political concerns, not objective criteria.
• Will Grigg September 28, 2011: Will Grigg, blogger and author of Liberty in Eclipse, discusses why the American Dream is collapsing; the dollar’s rapid decline since leaving the (partial) gold standard in 1971; keeping the fiat currency game going by waging war – the biggest public works/jobs stimulus program imaginable; how the dollar’s reserve currency status, solidified by dollar denominated oil sales, has let the US expand its empire far beyond sustainability; and why economic troubles often prompt people to scapegoat minorities, rather than directing their anger toward the actual causes.
• Lew Rockwell Septmber 28, 2011: Lew Rockwell, founder and Chairman of the Ludwig von Mises Institute, discusses his article “The Police State Abolishes the Trial” about the disappearance of jury trials in federal courts; the sub-1% acquittal rate for the few defendants who actually do go to trial; how prison sentences ruin lives and careers (unless you prefer working at the Waffle House); how mandatory minimum sentencing took away judicial discretion and helped the US achieve the world’s largest prison population; why jury service usually amounts to twelve people doing the prosecution’s bidding; and why “privatized” prisons are not triumphs of free market capitalism.
Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• presidential candidate Herman Cain
• FedEx CEO Fred Smith
• BET Founder Robert Johnson
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml