Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below!
DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER! OCCUPY the World! The regular crew of wardogs and neocons are lining up their stories to justify a unilateral attack Iran based on a very fishy "Iranian plot" to assissinate a Saudi diplomat in the U.S. Juan Cole unravels it in Wagging the Dog with Iran’s Maxwell Smart I personally do not understand how the corporate media in the US can report the following things about Manssor Arbabsiar and then go on to repeat with a straight face the US government charges that he was part of a high-level Iranian government assassination plot. It seems pretty obvious that Arbabsiar is very possibly clinically insane. Here are the top 10 reasons that he cannot be Iran’s answer to 007: [...] I hypothesized yesterday that Arbabsiar and his cousin Gholam Shakuri might have been part of an Iranian drug gang. But after these details have emerged about the former, I don’t think he could even have done that. Indeed, I have now come to view the entire story as a fantasy. That a monumental screw-up like Arbabsiar could have thought he was a government secret agent is perfectly plausible. I’m sure he thought all kinds of things. But that he was actually one is simply not believable. .... Moreover, there is every reason to think, as Jeffrey Toobin suggests is a possibility, that Arbab was entrapped into this plan by a criminal drug runner in the pay of the US government, who suggested most of the key details to Arbabsiar in the first place. If the latter was as mentally disturbed as the WaPo report makes him sound, he may have been particularly suggestible and therefore an excellent subject for entrapment. There is no connection to Iran here. ... Since two out of three of these allegations are obvious falsehoods, why should we believe anything else Arbabsiar said about his cousin? Note that it is the speculation of the DOJ that Arbabsiar’s description of his cousin suggests that Shakuri is a member of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corps. He is not so identified by Arbabsiar, who simply says he is a general who travels in civilian clothes. There is no such general. Since Arbabsiar clearly does not have a firm grasp on reality, to indict the IRGC with these rambling and preposterous claims would be highly unwise. I am frankly shocked that Eric Holder should have brought us this steaming crock, which is now being used to make policy at the highest levels.... And in a NationofChange Op-Ed Alexander Cockburn notes War with The U.S. Is of No Interest to Iran; Who Invented This Absurd Plot? Even by the forgiving standards of American credulity, the supposed Iranian plot to assassinate the Saudi ambassador to the U.S. is spectacularly ludicrous. That doesn't mean it isn't a sinister harbinger of a new crisis. Why would Iran want to kill the Saudi envoy — the mild-mannered functionary Adel al-Jubeir? To kill any ambassador — particularly a Saudi ambassador — is to invite lethal retaliation, even war. Iran doesn't want war with the U.S. The supposed plot is wreathed in incidental grandiose absurdities: A side deal between the Al Quds force, part of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps and Los Zetas to smuggle vast shipments of opium from the Middle East to Mexico with additional plans to bomb the Saudi and Israeli Embassies in Argentina. To repeat: Iran doesn't want war with the U.S., quite the reverse. President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad recently tried to refloat the Tehran Research Reactor nuclear fuel swap. He proposed that Iran suspend production of some uranium-enrichment activities in exchange for fuel supplies from the United States. On Sept. 29, the International Herald Tribune ran an op-ed piece saying the proposal was well worth consideration by the U.S. government. All such hopes of a warming in relations have now been snuffed out. There are two powers in the Middle East that most certainly do want war, or a deepening rift between the U.S. and Iran — namely Saudi Arabia and Israel. ... If the bid was a false flag operation mounted by the Saudis or Israelis, an open transfer of money would be one obvious tactic. The U.S. has made swift use of dubious "plots" in the not-so-distant past.... Look for all the wardogs on the Sunday Bobblehead shows. James Meadway posts in Guardian UK's 'Comment is free' When Greece defaults, which South American country will it end up like? ...Uruguay was able, via a $1.5bn bridging loan from the US treasury, to open negotiations with its creditors, overseen by the IMF. A bond-swap was offered, replacing shorter-term bonds with longer maturities. Over 90% of bond-holders agreed to the terms and haircuts averaged only 13%. Uruguay's downward spiral was broken, with four years of recession rebounding into growth of nearly 8% the following year and a similarly swift return to the international capital markets. That is the happy template that Greece is being squeezed into. But Uruguay's public debt at the time, while large, was approaching 100% of GDP – not pushing towards double that, as in Greece. It was not crippled by a fixed exchange rate regime, as Greece, trapped inside the euro, currently is. And it could rely, post default, on a booming world economy to drive domestic expansion ... But there is another, more ominous, South American example for troika officials to dwell upon. Argentina, too, entered into the same spiral of rising debt and shrinking economy after 1998. Under IMF tutelage, it also attempted a series of bond-swaps, rearranging the maturity dates on its existing debt to reduce the current burden. This culminated in June 2001's "megaswap", which rescheduled around $30bn of Argentina's debt, pushing payments to beyond 2005. To secure the voluntary participation of Argentina's many creditors in such a big operation, the terms had to be generous – so generous as to actually increase the value of Argentina's debt. The debt dynamic was not broken. The economy disintegrated. Argentina defaulted, without agreement, on its entire $138bn external debt in December 2001. Greece today is far closer to Argentina. ... We are reaching the end of the line for voluntary, negotiated settlements. Even the 50% haircut now being floated may not be enough to break the spiral Greece is locked into. The worst of all worlds – of failed voluntary schemes, followed by unofficial default – could now be bearing down on the EU. Officials may want Uruguay. They could get Argentina. How do you say "Ruh Roh" in Greek? The Greeks are not sitting down either. Robert Stevens reports at wsws.org the Growing strike wave in Greece Strikes and protests escalated throughout Greece this week as workers protested against the austerity programme of the social democratic PASOK government of Prime Minister George Papandreou. The strikes are taking place ahead of a two-day general strike slated for this coming Wednesday and Thursday. The two-day walkout has been called by the private-sector General Confederation of Greek Workers (GSEE) and the public-sector Civil Servants’ Confederation (ADEDY). On October 11, dock workers staged a one-day national strike and agreed to hold 24-hour strikes on October 18 and 19. Civil servants in Athens and around the country continued sit-in protests at town halls, ministries and public service offices. Workers sealed off the entrance to the social security informatics directorate, as well as the entrance to the housing, interior and development ministries and to the pensions directorate of the General State Accounts Office. Later in the day, local authority staff held a rally in central Athens and marched to the parliament building and interior ministry. On October 12, members of the GENOP union began an occupation of the printing offices of the Public Power Corporation (PPC). As part of new property tax legislation, the PPC billing department is to send homeowners bills for increased property taxes as part of their electricity bills. This is intended to blackmail people into paying the new tax with the threat of having their electricity cut off. Protesters hung banners at the office reading, “We are not going to stop providing electricity to the poor people even if they put us in jail." ... Employees at museums and archaeological sites struck last Wednesday and Thursday. On Thursday, a transport strike in Athens shut down the metro, the tram, city buses, trolley buses and the electric railway (ISAP). Taxi drivers were also on strike. A demonstration by thousands of bus drivers and metro workers was held outside parliament to protest cuts in pay and the threat of job losses. Civil servants in Athens continued their occupation of government ministries. Seven more were taken over, including the finance ministry. Municipal workers nationwide occupied local government offices. ...... The German and French governments are seeking to ensure that their own banking elites are protected in the event of a Greek default and will play a greater role in the imposition of even more devastating cuts in Greece. A briefing from the Athens News Agency Thursday noted that Venizelos said the “troika's role has been upgraded, and in addition to the EC, ECB and IMF, it now also represents German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President Nicolas Sarkozy.” The troika have stated that they will authorise payment of the €8 billion at the end of October only if the Greek parliament adopts the austerity budget for 2012 that has already been approved by the Greek cabinet. The vote is scheduled for October 20. The PASOK government is preparing a ruthless response to the challenge from the working class. On Friday, Venizelos denounced the ongoing strikes and protests as “blackmail.” He said, “You can't occupy the general accounting office, the Social Security IT centre or the national printers. All this threatens democratic legitimacy and democracy must defend itself. This is a fight for our existence,” he told parliament. “We will do anything.” Ruh-roh indeed. At zerohedge Tyler Durdan has a GUEST POST by Chris Martenson Big Trouble Brewing I do not toss around the idea of a market crash lightly. If you've been following me long enough, you know that only in very rare instances do I issue a cautionary Alert (I've only issued four since my website launched in 2008), and I am generally not given to hyperbole. Let's be clear: I'm not issuing an Alert at this time. But I am concerned that a materially adverse disruption to the financial markets is increasingly likely in the near future. Perhaps a definition will be helpful as we begin. A 'market crash' is an event where there are no bids to meet a wall of selling. The actual amount of the percentage decline is less important to note than the amount of chaos, or loss of control, that a given market experiences. Some like to say that a market downdraft requires a decline of 10%, or maybe even 15% or 20% (or more), in order to qualify as a 'crash.' For me, the key factor is not so much the amount of the decline, but the pace of the decline. With perhaps a quadrillion US dollars of hyper-interconnected derivatives outstanding -- that's the notional value, but who really knows what the real number is? -- an orderly market is essential for knowing whether or not the counterparty to one's trade is solvent. During periods of intense price swings in the market, such things are simply not knowable, and spawn the fear and paralysis that really define a market crash. -The Next Market Crash- Like everybody, I have no idea when the next market crash will occur, but I do happen to hold the view that a market crash is on the way. In fact, my view is that the entire future from here onward will be marked by sharp plunges (both crashes and regular market declines), followed by periods of stability, if not apparent recovery. What I track instead are imbalances and risks. Sort of like being a fire marshal who takes note of an outlet with fifteen things plugged into it, some with frayed cords, located near a pile of old cleaning rags. I can't tell you for sure that a fire will result, only that the odds are elevated. A prudent person will take steps to remedy the situation or at least prepare for the possibility of a fire. ... ... ... A 'writedown' is just another of many more pleasant-sounding terms that are being used instead of 'default,' which is precisely what Greece will soon be doing. With the triggering of a default, the fear of contagion will spread, because, frankly, nobody really knows where the time bombs are located in the credit default swap (CDS derivative) markets. Sure, we can know roughly who is holding what, but each of these holdings is then linked to the primary institutions' own credit ratings, which themselves have vast piles of CDS paper attached to them. In other words, everything is so interconnected that it's nearly impossible for anyone, even the owners of these derivatives, to conduct an accurate risk-assessment or predict how they're going to behave during a market dislocation. These in turn are held by other institutions and funds, which are heavily leveraged and exposed to the very same market forces that will assure that the exact opposite of hedging will erupt during the hairiest part of the coming rout. ... The contagion fear here is that several mega banks (and/or funds) will fail as a result of these cross-correlated and therefore unhedged bets. ... The bottom line here is that the European situation is quite far from resolved, and as we've been saying all along, it really can't until large losses are taken by someone. Bloomberg's David McLaughlin and Margaret Cronin Fisk have an update Mortgage Probe Short of Settlement as States Remain Divided After a Year ... Ira Rheingold, executive director of the National Association of Consumer Advocates in Washington...said settlement talks may still fall apart. “This is not an easy thing to do,” he said. “But when nobody else is stepping up and people are being wrongfully foreclosed on and banks are violating state foreclosure laws in many instances, they saw an opportunity and felt like, ‘We need to protect consumers.’” ... California Attorney General Kamala Harris, a Democrat, said Sept. 30 that she was rejecting a proposed deal and would conduct her own mortgage investigation. The state “was being asked for a broader release of claims than we can accept and to excuse conduct that has not been adequately investigated,” Harris said. Shum Preston, her spokesman, declined to comment on whether the state may sign on to any settlement. Massachusetts Attorney General Martha Coakley said last week that she was preparing to sue banks. Coakley, a Democrat, “lost confidence” that an agreement would hold banks “accountable for wrongful foreclosures,” she said in a statement. ... Banks should settle to resolve liabilities even if they remain exposed to lawsuits from states over mortgage securitization, said Nash at Dickstein Shapiro. Without an agreement, banks would probably face lawsuits from states and possibly federal agencies. Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan and North Carolina Attorney General Roy Cooper, both Democrats, in June threatened litigation if negotiations fall apart. “The banks may be resigned to the fact that they’re not going to be released from securitization” claims, Nash said. “They ought to settle what they can. They won’t get it all done in the near term.” At Alternet Rainforest Action Network leader Rebecca Tarbotton talks with Naomi Klein: How We Can Take on Corporate Power and Expand the Environmental Movement And we need this in high gear right now! Clifford Krauss of the NYT reports U.S. Allowing BP to Bid on Leases in the Gulf HOUSTON — After an internal debate, the Obama administration announced on Thursday that BP would be allowed to bid on new oil leases in the Gulf of Mexico. Just a day before, the Interior Department cited BP, the British oil company, and its two principal contractors for numerous safety and environmental violations related to the explosion that sank the Deepwater Horizon rig in April 2010. ... “The question is, ‘Do you administer the administrative death penalty based on one incident?’ ” Mr. Bromwich told reporters after the hearing. “And we’ve concluded that’s not appropriate.” ... But the Obama administration’s decision to let BP bid for leases was sharply criticized by environmentalists. “We think it’s too soon to let BP back in there,” said Athan Manuel, director of lands protection at the Sierra Club. “These guys shouldn’t have the benefit of the doubt anymore.” In the citations issued Wednesday night against BP, Transocean, the rig operator, and Halliburton, the cement contractor for well, the Interior Department said that the three companies failed to protect safety and the environment. The 15 separate violations could force the companies to pay as much as $45.7 million, but more important, it was the first time the government had moved to punish offshore contractors that take instructions from oil field operators like BP. The sanctions will probably be small compared with the fines expected to come under the Clean Water Act, which could reach more than $20 billion for BP. “The fact that there were violations of federal drilling regulations will strengthen the government’s arguments for large penalties under the Clean Water Act,” said David M. Uhlmann, director of the Environmental Law and Policy Program at the University of Michigan Law School and a former federal environmental prosecutor. But the bigger question is whether the Justice Department will file any criminal charges against any of the companies involved. An investigation has been under way since the accident and, Mr. Uhlmann said, “the drumbeat gets louder with every passing week for criminal charges against BP, Transocean and Halliburton.” Speaking of criminals AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL PRESS RELEASE: Canada urged to arrest and prosecute George W. Bush Politico spins it this way Politico Amnesty International seeks George W. Bush's arrest Stephen Hui at straight.com is on it Occupy Surrey protest to welcome George W. Bush to Canada It looks like George W. Bush will be greeted by Occupy Wall Street-inspired protesters when he comes to Surrey next week. A Twitter account called OCCUPY SURREY sprung up earlier this month and is encouraging people to attend a demonstration against the former U.S. president. On Wednesday (October 12), Occupy Surrey tweeted: "When WAR CRIMINAL Bush comes to Surrey October 20th, we will meet him with a FLASH OCCUPATION. Expect us." Thanks Stephen Hui! War criminals walk around freely with book deals and teevee appearences and it's considered normal? Our friends at the Bill Of Rights Defense Committee (BORDC) report the FBI responds to BORDC’s calls for accountability, conceding our concerns On October 3, BORDC received a letter from the FBI responding to concerns we have repeatedly raised about the FBI’s ongoing abuses of constitutional rights. While claiming to defend the Bureau’s integrity and professionalism, the letter ultimately conceded the underlying issues BORDC raised. ... the director of the FBI’s Office of Intergovernmental and Public Liaison claimed that existing policies “contain numerous measures designed to ensure their authorities are used properly and within the confines of the Constitution.” Specifically, the Bureau claims that internal review processes impose meaningful checks and balances to prevent “initiating investigative activities based solely on an individual’s exercise of First Amendment rights or on protected characteristics such as race, ethnicity, national origin, or religious affiliation” (emphasis added). The FBI further noted that “to the extent the searches referenced were conducted pursuant to search warrants, a neutral and detached magistrate made a finding that there was probable cause to believe evidence of criminal conduct could be found” (emphasis added). A careful read of the Bureau’s response, however, reinforces the concerns that BORDC raised. First, by reiterating that neither First Amendment activity nor constitutionally protected characteristics (such as race, ethnicity, national origin, or religion) may constitute the sole basis for investigative scrutiny, the Bureau concedes that these factors are used in the context of other factors to justify intrusive investigative techniques. Second, the government’s statement that judges have authorized searches in some cases concedes that the FBI can access private information without first securing a warrant in other cases. In fact, BORDC and the coalition behind the letter argued precisely that many FBI investigative powers lack a warrant requirement, opening the door to recurring abuses. The FBI did not address BORDC’s observations about the Bureau’s repeated misrepresentations to Congress, federal courts, and concerned community groups around the country. The FBI also chose not to defend its extensive secrecy, which continues to block transparency into the policies it uses to justify surveillance operations such as infiltrating activist groups. For instance, an earlier FBI letter that BORDC obtained through the Freedom of Information Act admits that the Bureau “engage[s] in surveillance” without the long established constitutional safeguards that protect First, Fourth, and Fourteenth Amendment rights. In that letter, the Bureau asserted the power to ignore constitutional rights based on any “proper purpose for the surveillance,” while noting that “suspicion of wrongdoing could be a proper purpose, but it is not the only proper purpose.” Everyone loves lists so here's a few!
- 10 Things to Know About Wall Street's Rapacious Attack on America by Alternet's Les Leopold
- 5 Conservative Economic Myths Occupy Wall St. Is Helping Bust by Alternet's Dave Johnson
- 5 New Rules for an Economy That Works by David Morris On the Commons
- The Top 100 Statistics About The Collapse Of The Economy That Every American Voter Should Know at theeconomiccollapseblog: The U.S. economy is dying and most American voters have no idea why it is happening. Unfortunately, the mainstream media and most of our politicians are not telling the truth about the collapse of the economy.
- 1) “They’re just spoiled hippies who can’t get a job.”...
- 2) “They should be in Washington, not Wall Street.”
- 3) “They’re breaking the law.” ... Wall Street’s winners are now trying to leverage those gains into permanent political victories, both to entrench the system of favors that helped them succeed and to cut the “entitlements” that generate rival claims to the public weal. OWS is trying to stop the illicit gains of the past decade from permanently deforming our economy....
- 4) “They should be thankful for what they have. Real poverty means living on $1 a day.”...
- 5) “They have no demands!” ... The protesters realize that they, like much of the bottom 90% of society, are on an economic playing field that is tilted against them. They feel that normal channels of political change are blocked (especially given corporate influence over the Democratic party, the usual target of egalitarian reformist energy). Addressing these issues will take a lot of thought, reflection, and debate.....
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
»»» Democracy Now! correspondent Sharif Abdel Kouddous @ Democracy NOW! "Chaos and Bloodshed": 25 Die in Cairo as Egyptian Military Attacks Coptic Christian Protesters Oct 10, 2011
»»» Expanding OWS Protests @ Democracy NOW! Occupy Wall Street Spreads: 32 Arrested in Iowa; Right-Wing Editor Infiltrates D.C. Anti-Drone Protest Oct 10, 2011
»»» Kevin Gosztola independent journalist at Firedoglake & Dorian Warren assistant professor of political science and public affairs at Columbia University @ Democracy NOW! Occupy Wall Street Emerges as "First Populist Movement" on the Left Since the 1930s Oct 10, 2011
»»» Michael Zweig SUNY professor of economics @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW America’s Longest War: New Study Examines Demographics of U.S. Casualties in Afghanistan Oct 10, 2011
»»» OCCUPY WALL ST. COVERAGE @ Democracy NOW! WATCH ENTIRE SHOW NOW Tuesday, October 11, 2011 featuring Jeff Sharlett, Dr. Gabor Maté and more!
»»» Toby Jones assistant professor of history at Rutgers University @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW U.S.-Iran Tensions Grow as Indictment Accuses Iranian Agents of Assassination Plot Oct 12, 2011
»»» Juan González & Joseph Torres @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW "News for All the People": Juan González & Joseph Torres on the Epic Story of Race & the U.S. Media Oct 13, 2011
»»» Democracy Now! reporter Ryan Devereaux & Jumaane Williams, New York city council member, District 45 @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW NYC Withdraws Cleaning Evacuation Order in Face of Defiant Occupy Wall Street Protesters Oct 14, 2011
»»» Constitutional Rights Lawyer Michael Ratner @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Constitutional Rights Lawyer Michael Ratner: Failed Occupy Wall Street Evacuation Order is Illegal Oct 14, 2011
»»» Human rights attorney Gareth Peirce & Tamer Mehanna, the brother of U.S. terror suspect Tarek Mehanna @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Alleged Inhumane Conditions for Post-9/11 Suspects Sparks Global Scrutiny of U.S. Detention Policies Oct 14, 2011
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW Anita Hill 20 Years Later Laura is hosting live coverage all day of the historic conference: "Sex, Power & Speaking Truth: Anita Hill 20 Years Later" from Hunter College, October 15. Including an exclusive interview with Anita Hill herself at 1:40 PM EST! With Gloria Steinem, Lani Guinier and more..
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» MLB Playoffs on TBS & FOX The Texas Rangers move on to the World Series while the Brewers and Cardinals continue Game 6 of the NLCS TBS 8 pm et Game 7 if needed will be Monday. The 2011 World Series begins Wednesday!
»»» Football Night in America on NBC Black-n-Blue Division matchup! Vikings @ Bears! Coverage begins at 7 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
The 1st Amendment is Our Permit WASHINGTON - October 14 - This is an emergency appeal. Spread it widely. Our permit to occupy is called “The First Amendment.” This morning, Occupy Wall Street protesters celebrated when New York authorities beat a last-minute retreat from clearing Liberty Plaza – as hundreds of labor and other activists rushed to defend the square. But at the same time this morning, dozens of state troopers in riot gear cleared out Occupy Denver protests. In cities across the country, Occupy protesters have faced police violence and arrests. Some occupations have been forcibly removed while others have stood their ground successfully. The authorities say we don’t have the proper permits to occupy public spaces. Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms “the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”
When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
October2011.org October 2011 is the 10th anniversary of the invasion of Afghanistan and the beginning of the 2012 federal austerity budget. It is time to light the spark that sets off a true democratic, nonviolent transition to a world in which people are freed to create just and sustainable solutions. Take this pledge at October2011.org
- "I pledge that if any U.S. troops, contractors, or mercenaries remain in Afghanistan on Thursday, October 6, 2011, as that occupation goes into its 11th year, I will commit to being in Freedom Plaza in Washington, D.C., with others on that day or the days immediately following, for as long as I can, with the intention of making it our Tahrir Square, Cairo, our Madison, Wisconsin, where we will NONVIOLENTLY resist the corporate machine by occupying Freedom Plaza to demand that America's resources be invested in human needs and environmental protection instead of war and exploitation. We can do this together. We will be the beginning."
CHANGE.ORG The First Cause: A Plan to Claim Food As Food We're losing the right to manage our own health. Even the right to choose our food is being stolen. We can stop it, but only by ending the basis on which it's being done—not by addressing each action. A new website has been set up to allow people to post responses from politicians, along with their own articles: Free Choice - Health Defining food as food is not the only issue that must be tackled, but it's a key one. As it gets rolling, we'll start others. We are literally in a battle for our lives!
If you're in Europe, click HERE to sign the petition.
If you're in the United States, click HERE to sign the petition. Do it NOW!
UPDATE! Watch this interview with constitutional law attorney Jonathan Emord on ProjectCamelotLive JONATHAN EMORD INTERVIEW
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net And Alan Grayson is running again in FL-8! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org UPDATE! Manning-Lamo Chat Logs Revealed at wired.com plus The Deeply Personal Details in New Bradley Manning Chat Logs and Bradley Manning Support Network Much more at link.
UPDATE! See Peter B Collins PBC Podcast 294 Afghan Update–Rabbani Assassination, US Night Raids Expand; Bradley Manning Update; Gary Chew Reviews ‘Moneyball’s
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,478 US Military Dead as of Oct 14, 2011
AFGHANISTAN: 1,809 US Military Dead as of Oct 14, 2011
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. See Politifact Statements ABC News 'This Week'
• Obama campaign adviser David Axelrod
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, ABC News senior political correspondent Jonathan Karl, economist and former Clinton economic adviser Laura Tyson, Bloomberg Television's Margaret Brennan, Republican strategist Mary Matalin and Washington Post columnist Ruth Marcus
• House Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Mich.
• The New York Times' David Sanger
• ABC News senior White House correspondent Jake Tapper tours the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial idedicated in Washington, D.C. this weekend
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Reps. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.)
• Elijah Cummings (D-Md.)
• CBS’s Sharyl Attkisson
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• Afghanistan - As the war in Afghanistan hits 10 years, guerrilla tactics are still exacting a high human toll. Gen. John Allen, the man in charge of the war, tells Scott Pelley that some U.S. troops will need to be there longer than most Americans thought. Robert Anderson is the producer.
• The Life and Death of Vincent van Gogh - His paintings are among the most well-known in the world, just like the story of his life and death: Vincent van Gogh was a troubled genius who killed himself. But now the authors of a biography say their exhaustive investigation strongly indicates he may not have taken his own life. Morley Safer reports. David Browning is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish. See their website MeetTheFacts.com updating soon!
• Meet the Candidate: Herman Cain
• Gov. Tim Pawlenty for Romney and Gov. Bobby Jindal for Perry.
• ROUNDTABLE: NBC News Political Director Chuck Todd and the BBC’s Katty Kay
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) Our special coverage begins at 9 a.m EST on CNN with the dedication beginning at 11 a.m. EST.
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• former House Speaker and Presidential Candidate Newt Gingrich
• Sen. John McCain (R-AZ), ranking member of the Armed Services Committee
• DNC Chairwoman Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL)
• Rep. John Lewis (D-GA) talks about his role in the civil rights movement as we honor the life and legacy of Martin Luther King Jr.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
• PRAYER MEETIN' WEDNESDAY!!!!! Uber Pope Bob dissects the Religious Right! Listen HERE (mp3)!
Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
Go see greennews.bradblog.com!
• 'Green News Report' - October 11, 2011 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Occupy Wall Street movement pushes back against dirty fossil fuel corporations; World's newest oil spill, now in New Zealand!; Keystone XL pipeline bombshell --- pipeline company's buddies help Obama/Clinton State Dept. approve the pipeline, but no complaints from Republicans; Million-dollar Solyndra bankruptcy gets more coverage than Billion-dollar Iraq war contracting corruption; PLUS: Rightwing freakout over peaceful Occupier protests challenging corporate greed ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Every $1 of coal power costs U.S. $2 in damages; Too late for Central Appalachia to prepare for collapse of the coal industry?; China's PV Feed-In Law Results in Solar Boom, Unlike Weak US Subsidies; Illinois Team Wins Oil Spill Cleanup X Challenge; Study: 25% renewable energy by 2025 would create millions of new jobs; Algae biofuel industry wants equal fed treatment; Lessons for the Colorado River from drought-stricken Australia; EPA Whistle-Blower Warns EPA Must Not Buckle to Industry Pressure and Greenwash Fracking; Sandia Laboratory testing miniature glitter-sized solar cells; Pharmaceutical manufacturer fined for Violating Hazardous Waste Law; This is where your plants will come from after the Ecopocalypse; UN Ambitions in Check on Global Climate Deal; Conservation Funding Sparks Political Battle; Robo-Deer Used to Catch Poachers; CA Bans Possession, Sale of Shark Fins ...PLUS: Obama Rips GOP Defeatism: ‘I’m Not Going To Surrender To Other Countries’ ...
BRADCAST UPDATE! Brad Occupies 'LA Business Today': VIDEO & 'Why #OccupyWallStreet?' Here Ya Go: VIDEO PLUS Brad on Ring of Fire Radio!
Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Live! Weekly on KGO PBC Live! Weekly on KGO Your humble host has been remiss in keeping you apprised of his other media activities. Since February, I’ve been hosting a regular weekly show on KGO, the leading San Francisco talk station with a huge coverage area–at night, you can hear it anywhere on the West Coast. TFN (till further notice), you can hear me every Friday night–or, more precisely, Saturday morning, from 1-5 am (PDT) on 810-AM or streaming at www.kgoradio.com. If you’d like to be alerted each week, sign up on Facebook as a fan of “Peter B. Collins Show” or you can follow me on Twitter, @pbcsf
• PBC Podcast 300 DC Protest Update: Right Wing Infiltrator Provokes Shutdown of Air & Space Museum; Radio and TV Nostalgia with Mike Miller, Gary Chew & PBC; Chew Reviews ‘The Ides of March’Podcast 300….woo-hoo!! PBC opens with a report on the October 8 incident at the museum, blamed on October 2011 protesters, but actually caused by a provocateur from a right wing tabloid; Mike Miller, author of the memoir How High Can a Guy Stoop? and our film reviewer Gary Chew swap stories from their early daze
• PBC Podcast 301 Prof. Jeffrey Sachs on Our Broken Economy, and How to Fix It; Rachel Meeropol on Ending the Death Penalty Columbia economist Jeffrey D. Sachs talks about our economic mess and his brilliant new book The Price of Civilization; attorney Rachel Meeropol from Center for Constitutional Rights talks about the torture of condemned prisoners held in solitary for years.
• PBC Podcast 302 Obama Primary Challenger Aldous Tyler Prepares to File in NH; Catherine Austin Fitts Offers Interesting Insights on Wall St. Mess & Much More Aldous Tyler is ready to file as Democratic challenger to Obama in New Hampshire primary; Catherine Austin Fitts served at HUD in Bush I, and has lots to say about the mortgage bubble, the drug war, John Perkins and 9/11. She speaks in Mill Valley on October 27.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! October 14, 2011.
• This week on Ring of Fire: former GOP staffer Mike Lofgren will be here tell us why he left the Republican cult.
• Harvard law professor Randall Kennedy will be joining us to discuss the racial hurdles that Barack Obama had to overcome in order to be elected president of the United States.
• Author and public relations specialist Cliff Schecter will be joining us to discuss how the Republican Party has evolved into a bottom-feeding, cukoo cult of political extremists.
• And blogger and author Brad Friedman will be joining us to discuss the latest round of voting machine flaws – flaws that could possibly sway next year’s presidential elections if they aren’t fixed.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Stop the Looting, Start Prosecuting Mike Papantonio appears on MSNBC’s The Ed Show to discuss the right wing attacks on Occupy Wall Street.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Is Rupert Murdoch Spying On You? With each passing week, the evidence against Rupert Murdoch and his corrupt media empire continues to pile up. We now know that Murdoch has bribed officials, paid off criminals, and spied on high-profile people around the globe. But was News Corp the only media outlet engaging in illegal activities? HELP GET THE MESSAGE OUT!
• VIDEO! Sam Seder: Corporate Tax Dodgers Are Destroying The Economy A new study revealed that 25 major American corporations were paying their CEOs more than they were paying in taxes. In fact, when you factor in the tax subsidies that these companies pull in, they actually end up getting money BACK from the federal government, on top of billions of dollars in revenues. This lack of tax revenue is a major drain on our economy, and is a major contributor to our federal debt.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: GOP Ready To Steal 2012 Election The GOP is in bad shape heading into the 2012 election, as their crop of potential candidates isn’t winning over the support of the public. So they’ve come up with another plan to win back the White House – they’re going to prevent Democrats from voting. By implementing new forms of poll taxes and voter ID requirements, the GOP is hoping to prevent under privileged voters from casting a vote for Obama.
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• Glenn Greenwald talks the Anwar al-Awlaki Assassination [10•03•11]
• Live Report from Occupy Wall Street [10•03•11]
• David Dayen of firedoglake on Mortgage Fraud, Banks & Occupy Wall Street [10•04•11]
• Mike Stark of Truth Ticker on his Duels with Rush Limbaugh [10•04•11]
MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityreport.official.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• NEW! MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• VIDEO! IMF advisor says we face a Worldwide Banking Meltdown posted by maxkeiser READ BBC Does It Again: “In The Absence Of A Credible Plan We Will Have A Global Financial Meltdown In Two To Three Weeks” – IMF Advisor at zerohedge
• KEISER REPORT [KR194] Keiser Report: Price Propaganda We interview Steve Keen!
• KEISER REPORT  Keiser Report: Ground Zero of Financial Terrorism We interview Charles Hugh Smith.
• KEISER REPORT [KR196] Keiser Report – Dog & Pony Show! We interview Ellen Brown. Here is her latest piece about the German public banking model.
• KEISER REPORT [KR197] Keiser Report – Pirates & Protesters! We interview Michael W. Hudson!
• ON THE EDGE On the Edge with Jeff Berwick We interview Jeff Berwick of Dollar Vigilante.
• ON THE EDGE [OTE126] On the Edge with David Morgan We interview Jeff Berwick of Dollar Vigilante.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1220] The Truth About Neutrinos with Max & Stacy NEW! Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donations to ResonanceFM here.
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Marcy Wheeler October 13. 2011: Blogger Marcy Wheeler discusses her blog post about the “other guy” killed with Anwar al-Awlaki, “How Can Samir Khan Be ‘Collateral Damage’ If OLC Memo Restricted Civilian DeathHow Can Samir Khan Be ‘Collateral Damage’ If OLC Memo Restricted Civilian Death”; how assassinations justified by secret intelligence are replacing criminal trials based on disclosed evidence; why Obama’s reluctance to take credit for Awlaki’s assassination – after bragging about killing Osama bin Laden – could mean he’s worried about being prosecuted; and the secret legal interpretation of the 2001 Authorization for Use of Military Force.
• Philip Giraldi October 13, 2011: Former CIA officer Philip Giraldi discusses the inside information on the alleged Iranian plot to assassinate Saudi Arabia’s ambassador to the US; indications that the plot was legitimate but an amateurish rogue operation – not the work of Iran’s government; escalating talk of “all options on the table” for military retaliation against Iran; and why it’s never a good sign when Saudi Arabia and Israel agree on a common regional enemy.
• Daphne Eviatar October 15, 2011: Daphne Eviatar, Senior Associate in Law and Security for Human Rights First, discusses the UN report on widespread torture in Afghan-run detention facilities; the difficulty of assessing US torture-prevention programs that are kept secret; discarding established conventions for prisoners of war, as the US makes up new rules and prisoner classifications on the fly; and how, ten years after 9/11, indefinite detention in military custody has become the new normal.
• Eric Margolis October 15, 2011: Eric Margolis, internationally syndicated columnist and author of War at the Top of the World and American Raj, discusses his healthy skepticism of all FBI sting operations, especially this latest Iranian assassination plot; the curious targeting of Saudi Arabia’s ambassador – hardly a powerhouse political figure; cooperation between the US, Israel and Saudi Arabia on getting rid of the Assad government in Syria; the long term neoconservative plan to break up Arab countries into stateless warring tribes, leaving Israel as the unchallenged regional hegemon; how India’s increasing involvement in Afghanistan provokes Pakistan and serves as a foil to Chinese influence; rumors that Israel is working with India in restive Islamic tribal areas; cowardly Congressional Reps who still won’t speak out against the Afghan War even after a decade of futility; and the planeloads of western businessmen flying to Libya, exemplifying what colonialism looks like in the 21st century.
Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Rep. Eric Cantor (R-Va.)
• Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml