Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER! WARNING SHOTS It seems every corporate media outlet has some talking head asking "What do these OWS protesters want?" To answer that question we need to start with a primer at The August Review & Forecast from NOVEMBER 2005 The Global Elite: Who are they? Every bit of thirty-five years of research indicates that there is a relatively small yet diverse group of global players who have been the planners and instigators behind globalization for many decades. The primary driving force that moves this “clique” is greed; the secondary force is the lust for power. In the case of the academics who are key to globalism, a third force is professional recognition and acceptance (a subtle form of egoism and power.) It is also important to understand that core globalists have full understanding of their goals, plans and actions. They are not dimwitted, ignorant, misinformed or naive. The global elite march in three essential columns: Corporate, Political and Academic. For the sake of clarity, these names will be used herein to refer to these three groups. ... This report will attempt to identify and label the core players in the globalization process. The intent is to show the makeup and pattern of the core, not to list every person in it. Nevertheless, many people will be named and their associations and connections revealed. This is done for two reasons. First, it will equip the reader be able to accurately identify other core players as they are brought into focus. Secondly, the reader will be able to pass over minor players who may sound like “big fish” but in fact are only pedestrians. Go read this as they name names in all key global industries. Now comes samsedershow.com's CeeCee who posts Surprise...NOT! Study: It’s True, Bankers Really Do Control the World by Catherine McLean commondreams.com WINTERTHUR, Switzerland - Here’s a gift to Occupy Wall Street protesters around the world: you now have scholarly proof that banks control the world. Researchers at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, also known as ETH, have published a paper that argues just 147 companies account for a large chunk of the total economic value of all the transnational companies around the world. No exact dollar figures, but it’s obviously a vast sum. Among the top 50 corporations, 45 operate within the financial industry. Barclays PLC is the most powerful, according to the ETH study, followed by such well-known names as JPMorgan Chase & Co., UBS AG, and Merrill Lynch & Co., Inc. The United States takes home first prize with 24 companies cracking the researchers’ top 50 list, followed by the U.K. with 8, France with 5, Japan with 4, and Germany, Switzerland and the Netherlands tying with 2 companies each. Canada has one company in the researchers’ top 50: Sun Life Financial, Inc. secures the 35th spot. Continue reading at the link. And here's another SHOCKING HEADLINE at ABC News Top 1 Percent's Income Grew 275 Percent From 1979 to 2007 The income of the richest 1 percent in the U.S. soared 275 percent from 1979 to 2007, but the bottom 20 percent grew by just 18 percent, new government data shows. The Congressional Budget Office (CBO) released a study this week that compared real after-tax household income between 1979 and 2007, which were both after recessions and had similar overall economic activity. While the income of the richest 1 percent nearly tripled, increases were smaller down the economic ladder. After the 1 percent, income for the next highest 20 percent grew by 65 percent, much faster than it did for the remaining 80 percent of the population but still lagging well behind the top percentile. David Cay Johnston digs deep into Beyond the 1 percent The U.S. tax debate tends to focus on the top 1 percent — their share of income taxes and their tax rates. Anti-tax groups encourage this focus, now embraced by the Occupy demonstrators on Wall Street and across America. Problem is, the top 1 percent is a very misleading measure of who pays federal income taxes. It mixes doctors and billionaires, masking the taxes paid by the middle class and the affluent. Everyone seems to know that about half of Americans paid no income taxes in 2009 and that the top 1 percent paid about 37 percent of the income taxes. But how many people know that households making less than $75,000 collectively paid more federal income tax than those making $1 million or more? Or that income taxed at the next-to-lowest rate, 15 percent, brought in more government revenue than all capital gains taxes plus the two top brackets, which apply only to the top 2 percent of earners? Or that almost half of the top 1 percent made less than $500,000? Or that five out of six made less than $1 million? ... Economically, those just entering the top 1 percent have nothing in common with those in the top tenth of the top 1 percent. Someone at the entry point for the top 1 percent would need 29 years to make $10 million, and more than 2,900 years to make $1 billion. The point is that while all those in the top 1 percent are certainly well off, the vast majority still go to work every day. Almost half of the top 1 percent, or 1.4 million taxpayers, make $344,000 to $500,000. More than 1.1 million make $999,999 or less. The bottom half of the top 1 percent rely on salaries for about two-thirds of their income. They get modest income from capital but rely mostly on their labor, giving them more in common with Joe Sixpack than Warren Buffett. ONE IN A THOUSAND: A much better measure than the top 1 percent would be the top tenth of 1 percent. The government does not break out this group, but Emmanuel Saez, a University of California economist, and others have. The Saez analysis of tax return data shows that through 2008, the top one-in-a-thousand taxpayers had average income in recent years that ranged between $5.2 million and $7.5 million annually. Just investing that much in corporate bonds will produce enough interest income to keep someone in the top 1 percent. Furthermore, inside the top 1 percent, those with the highest incomes pay the lowest tax rates. The top 1 percent paid an average income tax rate of 24 percent in 2009, IRS data shows. That is almost exactly the rate paid by those making $500,000 to $1 million. Those who made $1 million to $10 million paid a higher rate, 26 percent. But those making more than $10 million paid a significantly lower rate, 23.3 percent. ... Continuing to focus on the top 1 percent will mislead us about who pays federal income taxes. That focus should be on the middle class and the upper middle class, and then on the top tenth of 1 percent. And on whether our tax system is helping create wealth and jobs or destroying them. Our own stealth msgeaux finds this VIDEO interview with Michael Hudson ... recently interviewed on the Renegade Economists following his visit to Medvedev’s Global Policy Forum Russian Ripoff Just a snip from the transcript:
- KF: And so 30 years on from glasnost there must be quite some sense of concern about where the Russian economy has ended up.
MH: There certainly is. It’s been losing not only capital flight of $25 billion a year to the west but its people have been emigrating and President Putin, now Prime Minister Putin, has said that the demographic effect of just privatizing Russian real estate, and industry and following western advice has lost maybe 30 million Russians from what the normal demographic growth would be to 2050. So the effect of neo-liberal financial policy has been more devastating to Russia than WW2.
KF: 30 million people have gone due to neo-liberal policies?
MH: That’s right. The birth rate has fallen, life spans are shortening, and this is throughout the former Soviet Union. People of working age are emigrating. Instead of getting rid of the old Stalinist bureaucracy the neo-liberals simply privatized it and the result of course is corruption. Now public officials that used to be in charge of handing out public policies and administering them- not very efficiently its true – simply say give us a bribe or we won’t work. ...
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
»»» FRIDAY SHOW Brian Willson’s "Blood on the Tracks" @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW! "Blood on the Tracks": Brian Willson’s Memoir of Transformation from Vietnam Vet to Radical Pacifist Today we spend the hour with a man who put his life on the line twice: once when he served in the Vietnam War and again when he came back. On September 1, 1987, Brian Willson took part in a nonviolent political action outside the Concord Naval Weapons Station in California. He sat down on the train tracks along with two other veterans to try to stop a U.S. government munitions train sending weapons to Central America during the time of the Contra wars. The train didn’t stop. Willson suffered 19 broken bones, a fractured skull and lost both of his legs. "Before, I had spent many months in Nicaragua in the war zones, and I had been to El Salvador talking to guerrillas and talking to human rights workers, understanding the incredible extent of murders that were going on and maimings and displacements, because of fear of being murdered," Willson said. He decided, "I have to at least escalate my own nonviolent occupation, if you will, of the tracks." In retrospect, Willson added, "I regret that I lost my legs, but I don’t regret that I was there. I did what I said I was going to do... Following orders, I discovered, is not what I’m about." Today, he is traveling the country visiting solidarity protests with Occupy Wall Street, where some of his fellow protesters are also veterans. He’s also been talking about his new memoir, "Blood on the Tracks: The Life and Times of S. Brian Willson." On the West Coast, he completed much of the tour on his handcycle. [includes rush transcript] Oct 28, 2011
»»» GLENN GREENWALD @ Democracy NOW! Oct 26, 2011 Glenn Greenwald on Two-Tiered U.S. Justice System, Obama’s Assassination Program & the Arab Spring & Glenn Greenwald on Occupy Wall Street, Banks Too Big to Jail and the Attack on WikiLeaks
»»» GREG PALAST @ Democracy NOW! Oct 25, 2011 Goldman Sachs v. Occupy Wall Street: A Greg Palast Investigation
»»» OAKLAND @ Democracy NOW! Oct 25, 2011 WATCH NOW Dozens Arrested at Occupy Oakland as Police Raid Encampment, Tear Down Tents & Oct 27, 2011 Iraq War Vet Hospitalized with Fractured Skull After Being Shot by Police at Occupy Oakland Protest
»»» MICHAEL MOORE & CORNELL WEST @ Democracy NOW! Oct 24, 2011 WATCH NOW Michael Moore & Cornel West on OWS, Iraq & the Progressive Discontent Obama Faces in ’12 Vote & Dr. Cornel West: "We Are in a Magnificent Moment of Democratic Awakening"
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW Flanders on Ed Schultz on Oakland Crack Down Laura on Ed Schultz's show, says the extreme violence of the Oakland police underscores what the Occupy Movement is all about: "Just what is the place of the public in the privatized state? "
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» NASCAR on ESPN The Chase continues with the Tums Fast Relief 500 at the half-mile "Pretty Paperclip" Martinsville Speedway! Coverage begins at 1:30 pm et
»»» Football Night in America on NBCChargers @ Cheifs! Kickoff at 8 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
The 1st Amendment is Our Permit WASHINGTON - October 14 - This is an emergency appeal. Spread it widely. Our permit to occupy is called “The First Amendment.” This morning, Occupy Wall Street protesters celebrated when New York authorities beat a last-minute retreat from clearing Liberty Plaza – as hundreds of labor and other activists rushed to defend the square. But at the same time this morning, dozens of state troopers in riot gear cleared out Occupy Denver protests. In cities across the country, Occupy protesters have faced police violence and arrests. Some occupations have been forcibly removed while others have stood their ground successfully. The authorities say we don’t have the proper permits to occupy public spaces. Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms “the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”
When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
October2011.org October 2011 is the 10th anniversary of the invasion of Afghanistan and the beginning of the 2012 federal austerity budget. It is time to light the spark that sets off a true democratic, nonviolent transition to a world in which people are freed to create just and sustainable solutions. Take this pledge at October2011.org
- "I pledge that if any U.S. troops, contractors, or mercenaries remain in Afghanistan on Thursday, October 6, 2011, as that occupation goes into its 11th year, I will commit to being in Freedom Plaza in Washington, D.C., with others on that day or the days immediately following, for as long as I can, with the intention of making it our Tahrir Square, Cairo, our Madison, Wisconsin, where we will NONVIOLENTLY resist the corporate machine by occupying Freedom Plaza to demand that America's resources be invested in human needs and environmental protection instead of war and exploitation. We can do this together. We will be the beginning."
CHANGE.ORG The First Cause: A Plan to Claim Food As Food We're losing the right to manage our own health. Even the right to choose our food is being stolen. We can stop it, but only by ending the basis on which it's being done—not by addressing each action. A new website has been set up to allow people to post responses from politicians, along with their own articles: Free Choice - Health Defining food as food is not the only issue that must be tackled, but it's a key one. As it gets rolling, we'll start others. We are literally in a battle for our lives!
If you're in Europe, click HERE to sign the petition.
If you're in the United States, click HERE to sign the petition. Do it NOW!
UPDATE! Watch this interview with constitutional law attorney Jonathan Emord on ProjectCamelotLive JONATHAN EMORD INTERVIEW
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net And Alan Grayson is running again in FL-8! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org UPDATE! Manning-Lamo Chat Logs Revealed at wired.com plus The Deeply Personal Details in New Bradley Manning Chat Logs and Bradley Manning Support Network Much more at link.
UPDATE! See Peter B Collins PBC Podcast 294 Afghan Update–Rabbani Assassination, US Night Raids Expand; Bradley Manning Update; Gary Chew Reviews ‘Moneyball’
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,482 US Military Dead as of Oct 28, 2011
AFGHANISTAN: 1,829 US Military Dead as of Oct 28, 2011
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. See Politifact Statements ABC News 'This Week'
• Michele Bachmann, R-Minn.
• Microsoft co-founder and chairman Bill Gates
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will and Cokie Roberts, National Journal Editorial Director Ron Brownstein, former Obama economic adviser Austan Goolsbee and former House Majority Leader Dick Armey
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• Madoffs - In their first interview about the crimes of Bernard Madoff, the son and the wife of the man who scammed billions of dollars provide the first inside account from the immediate family. Ruth Madoff and son Andrew tell Morley Safer how Madoff confessed his crimes to them, their reaction and the subsequent family strife of the past three years. Deirdre Naphin and Katy Textor are the producers
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish. See their website MeetTheFacts.com updating soon!
• White House Senior Adviser David Plouffe
• ROUNDTABLE: Walter Isaacson; Author of the new book “The Time of Our Lives,” NBC News Special Correspondent, Tom Brokaw; Former Governor of Michigan, Jennifer Granholm; and Republican strategist, Mike Murphy.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) Our special coverage begins at 9 a.m EST on CNN with the dedication beginning at 11 a.m. EST.
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• exclusive interview with Senior Obama Campaign Strategist David Axelrod
• 2012 Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul
• three veteran local reporters; Florida’s Adam Smith, Iowa’s O. Kay Henderson and South Carolina’s Gina Smith
• special segment on the economics of Halloween with Ellen Davis from the National Retail Federation
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
• PRAYER MEETIN' WEDNESDAY!!!!! NEW!! Shocking scary hippocracy and MIKE MALLOY guest visit discussing OWS! Good stuff! AND Bob celebrates The Horn's 6th Anniversary! Go HEADONRADIO! Listen now HERE (mp3)!
Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - October 27, 2011 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: It's no trick! BP gets a treat, as the Obama Admin approves their application for deep-water drilling in the Gulf; More record flooding overwhelms Bangkok; World population to hit 7 billion by Halloween; PLUS: The War on Halloween vs. Greening up yours! ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Too many to list! Click on over for GREEN Your Halloween VS. the WAR on Halloween! VIDEO: War on Halloween - Costume Swapping & Jesus Ween - Planet huggers turn America's Almond Joy into almond shame, and a Christian group in Texas hands out Bibles instead of candy (Colbert Report, Comedy Central)
BRADBLOG UPDATE! BREAKING: League of Women Voters Files Suit to Block WI's New Polling Place Photo ID Restriction
Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Live! Weekly on KGO PBC Live! Weekly on KGO Your humble host has been remiss in keeping you apprised of his other media activities. Since February, I’ve been hosting a regular weekly show on KGO, the leading San Francisco talk station with a huge coverage area–at night, you can hear it anywhere on the West Coast. TFN (till further notice), you can hear me every Friday night–or, more precisely, Saturday morning, from 1-5 am (PDT) on 810-AM or streaming at www.kgoradio.com. If you’d like to be alerted each week, sign up on Facebook as a fan of “Peter B. Collins Show” or you can follow me on Twitter, @pbcsf
• PBC Podcast 303 Boiling Frogs: Bill Bergman Follows the Money Around 9/11Bill Bergman joins us to discuss compelling financial irregularities and cases involving pre-9/11 money transfers, suspicious activity reporting, and informed securities trading, all of which remain uninvestigated and unanswered to date. This is the latest instalment in the Boiling Frogs interview series, co-hosted with Sibel Edmonds.
• PBC Podcast 306 NYU Prof. Gilligan: Way More Violence Under GOP Than Dems; Whistleblower Joe Carson Needs Your Help on White House Petition; Will Durst Has Debate Fatigue James Gilligan, NYU Prof. of Psychiatry and author, Why Some Politicians Are More Dangerous Than Others; Joe Carson, engineer and whistleblower, asks you to sign White House petition; Will Durst is tired of Republican presidential debates, and, he sez, so are the candidates.
• PBC Podcast 307 Shahid Buttar on the Bill of Rights and Occupy Protests; Jason Leopold Reports CIA Kidnapped, Tortured “the wrong guy”; Katherine Gallagher of CCR on Canada’s Refusal to Arrest Bush for War Crimes Shahid Buttar of Bill of Rights Defense Committee on the Occupy protests and the Bill of Rights; Jason Leopold on CIA official Glenn Carle’s revelation–he was ordered to torture an innocent Afghan; Katherine Gallagher of Center for Constitutional Rights on efforts to bring George W. Bush to justice.
• PBC Podcast 308 State Department’s Peter Van Buren Delivers Scathing, Colorful Report on Billions Squandered on Iraq Projects Peter Van Buren, who is holding on to his job at the State Department, talks about his incredible new book about his year in Iraq, We Meant Well: How I Helped Lose the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of the Iraqi People.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! October 28, 2011
• Actor and activist Mark Ruffalo will be here to talk about his anti-fracking work, as well as his involvement with Occupy Wall Street.
• Senator Sheldon Whitehouse will be joining us to discuss his recent floor speech on climate change, and why his colleagues in the Senate have become afraid to even bring up the subject.
• Author Ari Berman will join us to talk about the austerity class has managed to push their supply side economics lies in Washington, and why the Obama administration is buying into those lies.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• Matt Taibbi on Occupy Wall Street [10•18•11]
• Doug Henwood of Left Business Observer on the Socially Useless Wall Street Class [10•26•11]
• Dahlia Lithwick on How Occupy Wall Street Confuses & Ignores Fox News & the Pundit Class [10•27•11]
• Cliff Schecter and Sam Seder on the Dems & the Super Sellout Committee [10•28•11]
MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityreport.official.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• NEW! MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• VIDEO! Max Keiser: Debt slash = a debt hike, collapse guaranteed!
• VIDEO! Toxic Assets = The Financial Equivalent of Plutonium with Max Keiser 1/2
• Max Keiser is unique, but he’s only one half of The Keiser Report equation… Max Keiser’s voice can be shrill. He has an impish grin and eyes full of mischief. He’s a strange mix of fact, exaggeration, analysis, rant, knowledge, opinion, journalism, poetic insight, indignation, persona and humor. He is, in short, an entertaining enigma. One minute he’s elucidating a complex financial problem and the next he’s launching ad hominem attacks (well deserved, many would argue) on world leaders and the banking elite alike, or as Max would call them – “the clowns that run the world” and “banking schmucks.” Often, he would point out, they’re cut from the same cloth. Continue reading at Max Keiser – A Provocateur’s Unreasonable Voice of Reason
• KEISER REPORT Keiser Report Turns 200!! And We’re Occupying the World with GIABO, Art & Max’s Bowtie! Read the comments including ALF "Real truth, honesty and intelligence throughout this letter, any person reading this will find it extremely difficult to ignore. Good Luck."
• KEISER REPORT [KR201] Keiser Report – Fecal Alchemy & Citi We discuss the message from Sirte, “Today Libya, Tomorrow Wall Street”, and the two-tiered justice system for fecal alchemists. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser interviews Stephen Leeb, author of Red Alert: How China’s Growing Prosperity Threatens the American.
• KEISER REPORT [KR202] Keiser Report – Clowns Run the World! Guest is John Perry Barlow!!!!! This week we discuss David Cameron, STFU going viral, Riot Granny in Athens and Gaddafi’s alleged net worth. In the second half of the show, Max interviews John Perry Barlow about financial activism, capitalism, Marxism and a plutocratic cancer on the economy.
• KEISER REPORT [KR203] Keiser Report – Bring down Bernanke Gaddafi style We discuss Occupy London art that may be from Banksy… or Keiser Report? They also look at the skyrocketing cost of new oil supply as Tony Blair sets up office in Kazakhstan. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser interviews Gail Tverberg of Our Finite World about the 65 year debt bubble now bursting as resources and credit hit their limit.
• ON THE EDGE On the Edge with Jeff Berwick We interview Jeff Berwick of Dollar Vigilante.
• ON THE EDGE [OTE128] On the Edge with Ed Harrison We interview Ed Harrison of Credit Writedowns about the Greek debt crisis and about the bond market. Don’t be fooled by GLD or SLV. Only GoldMoney offers real bullion allocated in your name.
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1222] The Truth About Yesterday’s Asparagus Soup & a Little Bit of Schving Schving We talk about JP Morgan silver price manipulation, OccupyCoke.com, inflation, STFU David Cameron remix, property ladder, constipated with your bad house, Billy Idol, yesterday’s asparagus soup and a little bit of schving schving. Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donations to ResonanceFM here.
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Gareth Porter October 26, 2011: Gareth Porter, independent historian and journalist for IPS News, discusses the 20 year US campaign of death and destruction in Iraq, seemingly coming to an end after the Iraqi government rejected a troop extension beyond 2011; how Ahmed Chalabi convinced the neoconservatives a post-Saddam Iraq would be emphatically pro-Israel; why it shouldn’t surprise anyone that the current Iraqi government – composed largely of former exiles living in Iran – would be closely allied with Iran; how Nouri al-Maliki tricked the Bush administration into negotiating a troop withdrawal deadline (that became the definitive SOFA); and why the gigantic US embassy is destined to become a museum of US atrocities.
• Will Grigg October 27, 2011: Will Grigg, blogger and author of Liberty in Eclipse, discusses his article “‘Rising’ to Empire, Falling from Grace;” why the “United State” of America is indeed an empire and has the Founding Fathers turning in their graves; why America’s elite are little different than the Soviet Union’s nomenklatura; the strengths and shortcomings of the Occupy Wall Street and Tea Party movements, and how their minor differences keep them divided and conquered; how Oakland police – disinterested in property or violent crimes – found time to nearly kill IVAW member and Occupy Oakland protester Scott Olsen; and redefining political centrism as something resembling libertarianism, rather than the radicalism of John McCain and Joe Lieberman.
• John Glaser October 27, 2011: John Glaser, Assistant Editor at Antiwar.com, discusses Obama’s “let this be a lesson to the rest of you dictators (except the ones we like)” comment about the beaten, sodomized, executed Gadhafi; the doctors and nurses in Bahrain who were arrested and tortured for helping injured protesters; the continuing Bahrain protests despite the crackdowns – although the media ignores them anyway; why the Libya War was essentially waged as a PR campaign to showcase the US as a benevolent actor instead of the Arab spring antagonist; and how continued friendly relations with Uzbekistan show the Obama administration is more concerned with Afghanistan War logistics than human rights.
• James Bovard October 27, 2011: James Bovard, author of Attention Deficit Democracy, discusses the PATRIOT Act’s ten year anniversary and its legacy of unlimited government power; why there’s nothing more permanent that a temporary government program; the silence of Democrats who stopped protesting the PATRIOT Act’s provisions once Obama took office; why a large majority of Americans have no problem with their government assassinating “bad guys” deemed too inconvenient or difficult to prosecute; and why the MSM thinks Ron Paul is crazy for challenging unlimited police powers, even while the TSA turns Tennessee into East Germany.
Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Presidential Candidate Rick Perry
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml