Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER! Dorothy and the Occupiers For our Election Day 2011 wrap we tap The Rude One 11/09/2011 Election Lesson: Republicans Learn That Americans Aren't Quite as Crazy as They Are: Let's put this in perspective. For the last year, Republicans have been walking around with big hard-ons, sticking them in everyone's face, saying, "Yeah, aren't you so impressed with how big my cock is?" For a good chunk of the year, the media and the public and, indeed, many Democrats have been responding, "Yes, yes, that's a really huge erection you've got there, Cantor." And some of them have added, "Can we get some work done now?" To which the tumescent Republicans have said, "No. We can't get any work done at all until you talk more about how big my cock is with this raging boner." Which would lead to more talk about, oh, gee, just how enormous a hard-on it is. So instead of actually accomplishing anything. all everyone does is sit around and talk about Republican dicks. Yesterday, voters across the country smacked those erections and said, "Get those fucking things out of our faces." In Ohio, Republican Governor John "Bill O'Reilly's Ball Washer" Kasich got cock-punched by over 60% of voters, who didn't just overturn the Senate's anti-collective bargaining bill that "sought to end binding arbitration to settle contracts with safety forces [and] ban strikes for other public workers." No, instead Kasich got his ass handed to him on a platter because he went right for the wallets of the middle and working classes. And they stopped the mugging. In Mississippi (no, really, fuckin' Mississippi), nearly 60% of voters said, "You know, we like birth control and IVF and, shhh, abortion" by rejecting zygote rights, or the "Personhood Amendment," which would have meant that every miscarriage was unintentional manslaughter (actually, that's not an absurd interpretation of this idiotic, woman-hating proposal). Lieutenant Gov. Phil Bryant had said that if the amendment failed, "Satan wins," so it looks like a large chunk of the state went down to the crossroads. In Maine, over 60% of voters overturned a Republican law that ended same-day voter registration. Why? Because it was just an obvious, bullshit way to disenfranchise Democrats, even more so than voter i.d. bills. In Arizona, the Republican Senate president, Russell Pearce, who is not the unholy Aussie spawn of Russell Crowe and Guy Pearce, has lost a recall election to a less nutzoid Republican (who is even more humorously named "Jerry Lewis"). Pearce is the dude who made Arizona into the laughingstock of the world by authoring vicious anti-immigrant legislation (although Alabama didn't exactly get the joke). How significant is this? "Pearce becomes the first sitting Senate president in the nation and the first Arizona legislator ever to lose a recall election. He would be required to step down immediately." Let's not get ahead of ourselves, though. Let's not cheer jubilantly that the year of Republican overreach has completely been turned on its head. Ohio also approved a non-binding amendment opting out of President Obama's health care reform law. And in Mississippi, that guy who said that shit about Satan winning? Yeah, he's governor now. And Mississippians approved a voter i.d. law. The lesson here is not that the nation is turning against Republicans, per se, but it is saying, "Whoa, we're not that crazy and cruel." The real lesson is that the Tea Party is dead. The only hard-on it's got left is the one that rigor mortis causes. It's sinking into the ocean like so many boxes of fine Earl Grey. The only thing Republicans need to figure out is if they are tied so tightly to the corpse that it drags them down into the drink, too. Check out more Rude Pundit with Sam Seder below! Ah but not so fast Rude One! The OH Teabaggers aren't done yet! Reports Jo Ingles Tea Party group to keep pushing "right to work" in Ohio (reuters via yahoonews) A group of conservative activists said on Thursday they would push for a constitutional amendment to make Ohio a "right to work" state even after residents voted overwhelmingly to block a new law that had limited collective bargaining for public sector workers. Union leaders and Democrats vowed to fight the effort by the group of Tea Party activists, who would need to amass 386,000 signatures to put the proposed state constitutional amendment before voters in 2012 or 2013. ... Ohio Democratic Party Chairman Chris Redfern said the vote on Tuesday proved "these kinds of direct offenses on working families will be rejected." Democratic State Senator Nina Turner said backers of the "right to work" proposal would have a "bigger battle on their hands" than they did with the bill blocked on Tuesday given the thousands of Ohioans who work in manufacturing plants. And as The Rude Pundit pointed out here in OHIO SENATE BILL 5 IS DEAD. Long Live Live the Queen! HuffPo-AOL's John Celock reports Ohio Issue 2: Richard Trumka, AFL-CIO President, Declares A Victory For The 99 Percent In a conference call with reporters on Wednesday, AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka said the 60-percent vote against Issue 2 showed that the state -- and country -- was moving towards supporting the right of public workers to collectively bargain, as well as showing the strength of the labor movement. Labor forced the statewide referendum to overturn the law that Gov. John Kasich (R) signed earlier this year. "Working people, the 99 percent, are standing up to governors like Kasich with a radical agenda and their corporate donors and saying enough is enough," Trumka said. ... "They overreached -- they thought they could do anything and no one would care," Trumka said of Republicans. "If you make war on workers, it's not a good electoral strategy." Up next is UNITED WISCONSIN RECALL SCOTT WALKER!!! The Detroit Free Press reports "JOE STALINIST" Michigan Governor Rick Snyder OKs emergency manager for Flint. No word from Flint's favorite son Michael Moore on this yet. Seattle Post Intelligencer says Mayor Mike McGinn yanks ‘Occupy Seattle’ permit for Westlake McGinn said in a statement “Occupy Seattle violated the terms of the permit again last night. The tent was actively used during hours when the park was closed between 10 PM and 6AM, and numerous items not related to the permitted purpose of the tent were stored inside overnight including an operational propane tank. These are violations of the detail provisions as well as the overall intent of the permit. Staff informed the people responsible for the tent this morning that the permit was being revoked and that the tent was to be dismantled. People with Occupy Seattle dismantled the tent without incident. We will not be reissuing a permit for an informational tent at Westlake.” ... McGinn spokesman Aaron Pickus said protest activity would still be allowed at Westlake. The Center for Budget and Policy Priorities has this new report Poverty and Financial Distress Would Have Been Substantially Worse in 2010 Without Government Action, New Census Data Show "Six temporary federal initiatives enacted in 2009 and 2010 to bolster the economy by lifting consumers’ incomes and purchases kept nearly 7 million Americans out of poverty in 2010, under an alternative measure of poverty that takes into account the impact of government benefit programs and taxes. " George Monbiot at The Guardian.co.uk contributes to the BTV CANARD DESK with The 1% are the very best destroyers of wealth the world has ever seen Our common treasury in the last 30 years has been captured by industrial psychopaths. That's why we're nearly bankrupt The findings of the psychologist Daniel Kahneman, winner of a Nobel economics prize, are devastating to the beliefs that financial high-fliers entertain about themselves. He discovered that their apparent success is a cognitive illusion. For example, he studied the results achieved by 25 wealth advisers across eight years. He found that the consistency of their performance was zero. "The results resembled what you would expect from a dice-rolling contest, not a game of skill." Those who received the biggest bonuses had simply got lucky. Such results have been widely replicated. They show that traders and fund managers throughout Wall Street receive their massive remuneration for doing no better than would a chimpanzee flipping a coin. When Kahneman tried to point this out, they blanked him. "The illusion of skill … is deeply ingrained in their culture." So much for the financial sector and its super-educated analysts. As for other kinds of business, you tell me. Is your boss possessed of judgment, vision and management skills superior to those of anyone else in the firm, or did he or she get there through bluff, bullshit and bullying? ....... This is not to suggest that all executives are psychopaths. It is to suggest that the economy has been rewarding the wrong skills. As the bosses have shaken off the trade unions and captured both regulators and tax authorities, the distinction between the productive and rentier upper classes has broken down. Chief executives now behave like dukes, extracting from their financial estates sums out of all proportion to the work they do or the value they generate, sums that sometimes exhaust the businesses they parasitise. They are no more deserving of the share of wealth they've captured than oil sheikhs. The rest of us are invited, by governments and by fawning interviews in the press, to subscribe to their myth of election: the belief that they are possessed of superhuman talents. The very rich are often described as wealth creators. But they have preyed on the earth's natural wealth and their workers' labour and creativity, impoverishing both people and planet. Now they have almost bankrupted us. The wealth creators of neoliberal mythology are some of the most effective wealth destroyers the world has ever seen. What has happened over the past 30 years is the capture of the world's common treasury by a handful of people, assisted by neoliberal policies which were first imposed on rich nations by Margaret Thatcher and Ronald Reagan. I am now going to bombard you with figures. Click over to read George's numbers and the whole thing for yourself! We recently explained ONE CANARD the GOPhers just LOVE to trot out is "Tax cuts create jobs!" Rick Maze at NavyTimes (a Gannett Company) wrote Senator blasts tax credits in vets jobs bill Can you guess which one? Congress is poised to pass a new tax credit aimed at encouraging companies to hire veterans, but a key senator says the incentive won’t accomplish its intended purpose. “I know what I am about to discuss won’t be very popular — I’ll probably be accused of not supporting veterans by the politicians pandering for their votes — but I am not going to be intimidated to vote for something that may make sense politically but is inherently unfair and it isn’t going to work,” said Sen. Jim DeMint, R-S.C. True to his word, DeMint was only senator who voted against the Vow to Hire Heroes Act of 2011, when the compromise veterans’ jobs bill passed the Senate on Thursday. Yes people! Here it is! Teabagger Number One says a TAX CREDIT is "inherently unfair and it isn’t going to work"! Can you believe it??? On Front Porch Friday BOB KINCAID explains the roots of Armistice Day and how there is NOT ONE survivor of WWI still alive now and his BIG take on Joe Pa and the "psychotics who prey upon the weak and defenseless". Plus an interview with historian Stanley Kutler who says "You don't have to be a Republican to be a scoundrel!". See the rundown at Friday Headon Radio: Armistice Day On The Front Porch! Mike Elk speaks for us in Penn State Riots About White Men Not Liking to Be Held Accountable ...At the center of Penn State’s conservative culture stood Joe Paterno -- who frequently campaigned and fundraised for conservative politicians throughout Pennsylvania. As my friend sportswriter Dave Zirin points out Penn State was a company town and football was the company that funded Penn State...... Paterno’s perseverance in the face of his deficiencies was a beacon of hope for many white men in Pennsylvania who felt their power challenged by liberals and people of color seeking to change their ways. That's why I paid attention to the crowd rioting on television at Penn State last night. The firing of Joe Paterno upset the natural order that white men like Joe Paterno could rule not based on merit -- as Paterno’s coaching deficiencies showed -- but because white men always had. As a Pennsylvanian, I could not be more ashamed of Penn State. This weekend I will instead be rooting for the University of California-Berkeley Golden Bears. There (sic) students participating in OccupyCal bravely faced police attacks for peaceably assembling, at the same moment Penn State white males attacked police over the firing of an 84-year-old football coach who enabled a child rapist. It is noted here Joe Pa is a life-long Registered Republican Catholic. Enough said. But wait! There's more! SportsRadio WEEI 850AM says Mark Madden talks about the Penn State scandal and drops a new bomb about Jerry Sandusky Our friend from Pittsburgh, Mark Madden, joins D&C to give his take on the Joe Paterno/Penn State scandal and says Jerry Sandusky may have been 'Pimping Out Young Boys to Rich Donors.' Watch THIS! Then READ Mark Madden's Happy Valley at the UK TimesOnLine (not in any U.S. newspaper)
- Best-case scenario: Charges are never brought, and Sandusky walks away with his reputation permanently scarred. The rumors, the jokes, the sideways glances - they won't ever stop. Paterno and Penn State do the great escape.
Worst-case scenario: Sandusky is charged. Then it seems reasonable to wonder: Did Penn State not make an issue of Sandusky's alleged behavior in 1998 in exchange for him walking away from the program at an age premature for most coaches? Did Penn State's considerable influence help get Sandusky off the hook? Don't kid yourself. That could happen. Don't underestimate the power of Paterno and Penn State in central Pennsylvania when it comes to politicians, the police and the media.
- * UPDATE 1-Goldman faces lawsuits over $15.8 bln in mortgages By Lauren Tara LaCapra @ Reuters
- * Figure is up from $485 mln three months earlier
- * Three more firms have threatened to sue - Goldman Sachs Group Inc faces lawsuits over $15.8 billion worth of mortgage securities, the bank said in a regulatory filing on Wednesday, a more than 30-fold increase from the amount disclosed three months earlier. The aggregate figure, which is up from $485 million previously, does not represent how much money Goldman management estimates it may lose on the litigation. Goldman lifted that estimate of "reasonably possible" losses to $2.6 billion from $2 billion. The bigger dollar figures come as investors in mortgage-backed bond deals have raced to take legal action or enter settlement negotiations before statutes of limitations expire, and as investors continue to worry about banks' exposure to big lawsuits. Goldman also added three European financial firms to a list of parties that have threatened to sue it, a more fulsome disclosure than some of its peers....
- Italian bonds still have one support bloc. Domestic banks appear to be holding on to their much larger holdings. As of last December, EBA stress tests showed Intesa Sanpaolo held €60bn of Italian debt. UniCredit and Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena held €49bn and €32bn respectively. Recent results indicate that those holdings have changed little. “We will keep investing the largest part of our liquidity in Italian government bonds,” said Corrado Passera, chief executive officer at Intesa Sanpaolo, in a call with analysts this week. “We believe they provide the right yields vis-à-vis the cost. So no policy change on our side.” Still, according to the investment banker advising firms on their Italian holdings, the domestic banks’ decisions to hold on could have more to do with their inability to offload such large amounts quickly and without deep losses. Indeed, some Italian bankers seem resigned to the situation.
“We feel that fears of a default are greatly overdone, but the market psychology is what it is,” added an executive board member at another large Italian bank, which is also holding onto its bonds. “Lots of players do not want to buy them. They think it is better to sell if you have the opportunity to.” Capital concerns are also preventing them from selling. “The key issue is on solvency and I think they made a mistake in requiring us to hold more capital,” said the chief executive of a mid-sized Italian bank. “To meet these levels we cannot sell too much of our sovereign debt.”
- We are SO screwed up. Is there a self-destruct gene in our DNA? There has to be. I was watching Vietnam on the History channel last night (after listening to Brian Willson talking about his experiences a couple of weeks ago) and wondering...(and this is not an anti-semitic sentiment), why are we supposed to forever feel horror, revulsion and guilt about the murder of 6 million Jews by the Nazis, but nothing about the 6 million Vietnamese, Laotians, and Cambodians we slaughtered (and burned their villages to the ground)? Not to mention Iraq, Afghanistan, etc. Why is it any less horrific when WE commit mass murder? This is just insane beyond belief and I can't get my head around it. Now our police are brutalizing students who have done nothing more provocative than peaceably assembling. Scotty, beam me up.
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
»»» NEW GAZA FLOTILLA @ Democracy NOW! Israel Intercepts Gaza-Bound Flotilla; Dozens Detained Including Democracy Now! Correspondent November 7, 2011 & Israel Deports Democracy Now! Correspondent Jihan Hafiz; Most Gaza Flotilla Activists Still Detained November 8, 2011
»»» Pratap Chatterjee @ Democracy NOW! U.S. Drone Kills 16-Year-Old Pakistani Boy Days After He Attends Anti-Drone Organizing Meeting Nov 7, 2011
»»» Democracy Now! correspondent Anjali Kamat @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Egypt’s Military Widens Crackdown as Prominent Blogger Alaa Abdel Fattah Remains Imprisoned Nov 7, 2011
»»» Brian Concannon, director of the Institute for Justice & Democracy in Haiti. @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Exclusive: 5,000 Haitian Cholera Victims Sue U.N. After Deadly Epidemic Kills 6,000, Sickens 450,000 Nov 8, 2011
»»» Lisa Graves, executive director of the Center for Media and Democracy @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW The Koch-Cain Connection: IRS Urged to Probe Ties Between Cain Campaign and Billionaire Koch Brothers Nov 8, 2011
»»» Kristen Christian @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Bank Transfer Day: Kristen Christian on How She Inspired Mass Exodus from Big Banks to Credit Unions Nov 9, 2011
»»» John Bonifaz @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW "Corporations Are Not People": Activists Push Amendment to Revoke "Corporate Personhood" Nov 9, 2011
»»» Antonio Tricarico, coordinator of the Italian organization Campaign for World Bank Reform @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Italian Financial Crisis Prompts Berlusconi’s Exit, Escalates Fears of Europe’s Next Massive Bailout Nov 10, 2011
»»» David Crosby & Graham Nash @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Legendary Folk Duo Crosby & Nash on Soundtracking Movements from the 1960s to Occupy Wall Street Nov 10, 2011
»»» Author Naomi Klein @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Naomi Klein on Environmental Victory: Obama Delays Keystone XL Oil Pipeline Decision Until 2013 Nov 11, 2011
»»» Josh Fox, director of the Academy Award-nominated film Gasland @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW White House Could Cast Decisive Vote to Permit 20,000 Fracking Wells in Delaware River Basin Nov 11, 2011
»»» Democracy Now! correspondent John Hamilton @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Occupy Cal: 39 Arrested in Forceful Crackdown on Massive Protest at UC Berkeley Nov 11, 2011
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW Live Stream From OCCUPY WALL STREET November 8, 2011 GRITtv is giving over our main page to Global Revolution - and the live stream coverage of nonviolent protests from #OccupyWallStreet.
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» NASCAR on ESPN The second-last Chase Race is at the Phoenix International Raceway! Coverage begins at 3 pm et
»»» Football Night in America on NBC Patriots @ Jets! Kickoff at 8:20 pm et
»»» Monday Night Football on ESPN Vikings @ Packers! Kickoff at 8:30 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
The 1st Amendment is Our Permit WASHINGTON - October 14 - This is an emergency appeal. Spread it widely. Our permit to occupy is called “The First Amendment.” This morning, Occupy Wall Street protesters celebrated when New York authorities beat a last-minute retreat from clearing Liberty Plaza – as hundreds of labor and other activists rushed to defend the square. But at the same time this morning, dozens of state troopers in riot gear cleared out Occupy Denver protests. In cities across the country, Occupy protesters have faced police violence and arrests. Some occupations have been forcibly removed while others have stood their ground successfully. The authorities say we don’t have the proper permits to occupy public spaces. Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms “the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”
When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
October2011.org October 2011 is the 10th anniversary of the invasion of Afghanistan and the beginning of the 2012 federal austerity budget. It is time to light the spark that sets off a true democratic, nonviolent transition to a world in which people are freed to create just and sustainable solutions. Take this pledge at October2011.org
- "I pledge that if any U.S. troops, contractors, or mercenaries remain in Afghanistan on Thursday, October 6, 2011, as that occupation goes into its 11th year, I will commit to being in Freedom Plaza in Washington, D.C., with others on that day or the days immediately following, for as long as I can, with the intention of making it our Tahrir Square, Cairo, our Madison, Wisconsin, where we will NONVIOLENTLY resist the corporate machine by occupying Freedom Plaza to demand that America's resources be invested in human needs and environmental protection instead of war and exploitation. We can do this together. We will be the beginning."
CHANGE.ORG The First Cause: A Plan to Claim Food As Food We're losing the right to manage our own health. Even the right to choose our food is being stolen. We can stop it, but only by ending the basis on which it's being done—not by addressing each action. A new website has been set up to allow people to post responses from politicians, along with their own articles: Free Choice - Health Defining food as food is not the only issue that must be tackled, but it's a key one. As it gets rolling, we'll start others. We are literally in a battle for our lives!
If you're in Europe, click HERE to sign the petition.
If you're in the United States, click HERE to sign the petition. Do it NOW!
UPDATE! Watch this interview with constitutional law attorney Jonathan Emord on ProjectCamelotLive JONATHAN EMORD INTERVIEW
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net And Alan Grayson is running again in FL-8! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org UPDATE! Manning-Lamo Chat Logs Revealed at wired.com plus The Deeply Personal Details in New Bradley Manning Chat Logs and Bradley Manning Support Network Much more at link.
UPDATE! See Peter B Collins PBC Podcast 294 Afghan Update–Rabbani Assassination, US Night Raids Expand; Bradley Manning Update; Gary Chew Reviews ‘Moneyball’
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,483 US Military Dead as of Nov 11, 2011
AFGHANISTAN: 1,833 US Military Dead as of Nov 11, 2011
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. See Politifact Statements ABC News 'This Week'
• Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, Democratic strategist Donna Brazile, conservative radio host Dana Loesch, and ABC News senior political correspondent Jonathan Karl, USA Today columnist and ABC News contributor Christine Brennan
• ROUNDTABLE II: former U.N. weapons inspector David Albright and Karim Sadjadpour, an analyst at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Republican presidential candidate Jon Huntsman
• Republican Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour
• Democratic Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley
• Republican Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina,
• ROUNDTABLE: Former Clinton press secretary Dee Dee Myers, columnist Kathleen Parker, Major Garrett of the National Journal and CBS News Political Analyst John Dickerson.
• CBS News political analyst John Dickerson
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• Insiders - Steve Kroft reports on how America's lawmakers can legally buy stock based on non-public information.
• Taser - The non-lethal device has saved many lives and prevented serious injury to suspects and police say its law enforcement advocates, but a new study says some authorities use it too quickly, causing unnecessary pain and sometimes death. David Martin reports. Mary Walsh is the producer.
• Freeman Hrabowski - University President Freeman Hrabowski has turned the University of Maryland Baltimore County into a well-known producer of outstanding scientists and engineers, many of whom are minorities. Byron Pitts reports. David Schneider is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish. See their website MeetTheFacts.com updating soon!
• Republican Governor of Pennsylvania and member of the Penn State Board of Trustees, Tom Corbett.
• Republican presidential candidate Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN)
• Chairwoman of the DNC, Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL)
• ROUNDTABLE: New York Times’ David Brooks and the Washington Post’s EJ Dionne
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) Our special coverage begins at 9 a.m EST on CNN with the dedication beginning at 11 a.m. EST.
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Co-chair of the Super Committee, Republican Congressman Jeb Hensarling of Texas
• Democratic Senator Mark Warner of Virginia
• Republican Senator Tom Coburn of Oklahoma
• Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus
• “America’s Cities” series: President of the U.S. Conference of Mayors, Antonio Villaraigosa, mayor of Los Angeles.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY!!!!! Bob discusses the origins of Armistice Day and the Penn State child-rape story! Listen now HERE (mp3)!
Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - November 10, 2011 IN IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Perry can't remember the name of the Dept. of Energy --- but wants to shut it down; BREAKING: State Dept. may re-route controversial Keystone XL pipeline; Australia passes world's first carbon tax; More wacky extreme weather in weird places; PLUS: IEA: 5 years to avoid the worst consequences of climate change ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Oil Executive: use military-style 'Psy Ops' to fight opposition "insurgency"; Video: 'The Story of Broke'; U.S.-China trade war in solar taking shape; Studies link auto pollution to autism; 1st commerical plane flight using biofuel; Oil Lobbyist likes oil industry subsidies: 'There Are No Loopholes ... PLUS: Current global warming unprecedented compared to last 20k years ... and much, MUCH more! ... BRADBLOG Election 2011 Roundup: VOTING RIGHTS LANDSLIDE, GOP REBUKE IN ME; Diff Story in MS & 100s of Voters Missing from E-Pollbooks in VA County & E-Vote Failures, Touch-Screens Flipping in NJ
Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Live! Weekly on KGO PBC Live! Weekly on KGO Your humble host has been remiss in keeping you apprised of his other media activities. Since February, I’ve been hosting a regular weekly show on KGO, the leading San Francisco talk station with a huge coverage area–at night, you can hear it anywhere on the West Coast. TFN (till further notice), you can hear me every Friday night–or, more precisely, Saturday morning, from 1-5 am (PDT) on 810-AM or streaming at www.kgoradio.com. If you’d like to be alerted each week, sign up on Facebook as a fan of “Peter B. Collins Show” or you can follow me on Twitter, @pbcsf
• PBC Podcast 312 Abramoff Whistleblower Tom Rodgers Slams ’60 Minutes’ and Leslie Stahl’s Softballs; Rinku Sen Reports that Obama’s ICE Rips Families Apart Tom Rodgers, Native American of the Blackfoot tribe, criticizes the velvet treatment of Jack Abramoff on CBS’ 60 Minutes on 11/6/11; Rinku Sen of Applied Research Center says Obama’s ICE is destroying families by deporting parents of kids who are US citizens.
• PBC Podcast 313 Boiling Frogs: Prof. Philip Zwerling, The CIA On Campus Part I of our interview series based on the recently released book -The CIA on Campus: Essays on Academic Freedom and the National Security State, edited by Dr. Philip Zwerling, co-hosted with Sibel Edmonds of BoilingFrogsPost.comProfessor Philip Zwerling joins us to discuss his recently released book on how years after covertly funding the National Students Association, spying on suspect faculty, and dosing unsuspecting students with psychedelic drugs, the CIA is back, funding conferences on ‘intelligence ethics’, subsidizing courses for academic credit, and recruiting operatives among some the of the poorest students in the nation under the guise of protecting the “homeland” and combating terrorism.
• PBC Podcast 314 Journalist Gareth Porter on the Bogus Iranian Plot, Misleading New Nuke Report on Iran, and Civilian Deaths in Afghanistan; Gary Chew Reviews ‘J.Edgar’ Journalist and historian Gareth Porter returns to further de-bunk the crazy allegations of an Iranian plot to kill the Saudi ambassador to DC, the US spin on the latest UN report on Iranian nuclear development, and the causes of civilian deaths in Afghanistan; Gary Chew reviews the new Clint Eastwood film, J. Edgar.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! November 11, 2011
• Senator Bernie Sanders will join us to talk about the right wing assault on Social Security.
• Investigative journalist Greg Palast will be here to tell us about his new book “Vultures’ Picnic.”
• Truth-Out investigative journalist Mike Ludwig will join us to discuss the out of state corporate money that flooded Ohio during the Senate Bill 5 campaign.
• Mother Jones reporter Andy Kroll will talk with us about the SB 5 victory in Ohio this week.
• Attorney Leo Thomas will weigh in on the Penn State sex abuse scandal.
• Salon.com’s Irin Carmon will join us to talk about the victory in Mississippi this week that allowed women to keep control over their own bodies
• Ben Adler from The Nation will give us the latest on Herman Cain, and we’ll find out why the Tea Party continues to support him, in spite of the increasing number of sexual harassment claims.
• And Alternet senior writer Joshua Holland will join us for a discussion on the widening income gap in America.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Corporate Money Loses In Ohio Election This week, voters in Ohio went to the polls and told Governor Kasich that they weren’t going to accept his attack on organized labor. But the fight to repeal Senate Bill 5 was one that laid the foundation for what we can expect in elections across the country in the coming year. Out of state corporate money dominated the election process in Ohio, and Mike Papantonio discusses which companies wanted to strip labor unions of their ability to protect workers with Mike Ludwig, a reporter for Truth-Out.org.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Victory For Womens’ Rights in Mississippi While progressives won a huge victory in Ohio this week, they scored another victory in a battle in Mississippi, where the right tried to take away a woman’s right to make decisions about her own body, and Mike Papantonio recently discussed that crusade by GOP extremists, as well as their attempts to pass similar legislation all over the country with Nick Baumann from Mother Jones magazine.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Penn State Cover Led To More Sexual Assault Its easy to miss the significance of the Joe Paterno story unless take a breath, step back, and think about what it measn in our lives. It’s not just a story about a world class university that covered up a disgusting history about one of its own university leaders raping, sodomizing, and scarring the lives of 8 to 12 year old boys for at least 15 straight years. Yes, Penn State did intentionally set out to put the good name of their university above the best interest of innocent children who were raped physically and psychologically and spiritually by a 6 foot 5 sick predator.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• Harry Siegel on Police Sabotage at Occupy Wall Street [11•08•11]
• Lee Papa, The Rude Pundit, on Occupy Wall Street & Blanket the Earth [11•08•11]
• David Dayen on the Election Results of 11/8/11 [11•09•11]
• Amanda Terkel of Huffington Post on Ohio's SB5 Election Results [11•09•11]
• Tim Karr of Free Press on Net Neutrality [11•10•11]
MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityreport.official.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• NEW! MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• Solar is already taking 11% of silver production. How long before it takes 100%? by maxkeiser. READ Stephen Leeb – This Will Drive Silver to $100 Rapidly & Ben Davies – Gold & Silver to Hit New Highs Within Months (kingworldnews)
• “All I’ve ever known, all my friends and family, even my parents really have ever known is this hegemonic United States that was the world power, and provided the world’s reserve currency.” by maxkeiser. READ Turd Ferguson: The Inexorable March Higher For Precious Metals (zerohedge) Turd sees the precious metals as a true barometer of the dollar’s devaluation as the Fed pursues its policy of negative real interest rates — which is challenging for the average consumer to see, when the dollar may strengthen on a relative basis versus other fiat currencies and the government-published CPI is artificially low. VIDEO! Greece is doing the right thing by crashing the banks, as I indicated in this interview. The global banking system needs a reset.
• KEISER REPORT [KR206] Keiser Report – Financial Rape & Pornography We interview James Howard Kunstler about Jacobin uprisings.
• KEISER REPORT [KR207] Keiser Report – The Fed, The Treasury & The Holy Troika From Kilkenny at the Kilkenomics Festival, we discuss the Fed, the Treasury and the Holy Troika and whether or not the Pope should ‘beautify’ Jon Corzine, the CEO of MF Global who “lost” hundreds of millions in client funds. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser interviews economist and professor Constantin Gurdgiev about Anglo Irish unsecured bondholders and the global debt crisis.
• KEISER REPORT [KR208] Keiser Report – Gold Wars! With Jim Rickards We discuss European gold wars and the brokers at the Chicago Board of Trade telling others to get a job while they can’t even do the one job they have. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser interviews James G. Rickards about his new book – Currency Wars: The Making of the Next Global Crisis.
• KEISER REPORT [KR209] Keiser Report – Cameron & Osborne on the Run We talk about George Osborne’s admission that he has no power over bankers and that the population will always have to pay for their crimes. We also discuss the ‘slow motion train robbery’ of low interest rates and the use of trending topics on Twitter as price propaganda. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser interviews Senator Mike Gravel about his direct democracy initiative and how it could empower the Occupy Wall Street movement.
• ON THE EDGE [OTE131] On the Edge with Charles Hugh Smith We interview Charles Hugh Smith about the global economic meltdown!
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1224] The Truth About Markets – 12 November 2011 Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Flynt Leverett November 10, 2011: Flynt Leverett, former Senior Director for Middle East Affairs at the National Security Council, discusses how the most crucial part of the IAEA report on Iran – that declared nuclear material isn’t being diverted to weapons manufacturing – has been buried under a heap of unsubstantiated rumors and accusations; the evidence that new IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano is much more cozy with the US than his predecessor Mohamed ElBaradei; why those who defend Iran’s rights under the NPT aren’t necessarily minions of the Ayatollah; the equally-wacky end-times theology of the major Abrahamic religions; and why Israel’s real “existential threat” is from losing the support of Jews worldwide, not from an incredibly improbable Iran attack.
• Dr. Stephen Zunes November 12, 2011: Dr. Stephen Zunes, Professor of Politics and International Studies at the University of San Francisco, discusses his article “Obama to Aid Uzbek Dictatorship;” how the US went from arming Islamic extremists to fight Communism in the 1980s to arming Communists to fight Islamic extremists today; Islam Karimov’s dystopian Uzbekistan, where political parties and unsanctioned religions are banned, government farms are harvested by forced child labor, and exotic horrible tortures await dissidents; and why Congress and Obama have decided US supply lines to Afghanistan are more important than “exporting democracy.”
• Anthony Gregory November 12, 2011: Anthony Gregory, Research Editor at the Independent Institute, discusses his article on Armistice Day; how a day celebrating the end of WWI became “Veteran’s Day” in the US where the military is revered and militarism relished; the frequent reminders that the US government doesn’t care about its soldiers or veterans; and how multiple simultaneous wars – with indefinite durations – have become the new normal.
• Jim Powell November 12, 2011: Jim Powell, historian, author and senior fellow at the Cato Institute, discusses his classic article for Armistice Day “What We Can Learn From Woodrow Wilson’s Great Blunder;” how US entry into WWI ended the stalemate that would have produced negotiated settlements and paved the way for Lenin, Stalin, Hitler and WWII; how Wilson’s weak negotiating skills failed to prevent the vengeful Treaty of Versailles and the rise of German nationalism; how “war socialism” contributed more to post-war German hyperinflation than reparation payments; the Ottoman Empire’s destruction and subsequent formation of ill-conceived new countries; and the tens of millions killed by their own communist governments in Russia and China.
Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Pennsylvania Governor Tom Corbett
• Penn State Alum Franco Harris
• Senator Pat Toomey (R-PA)
• Rep. James Clyburn (D-SC).
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml