Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER! The Scoville Units We go back to last week's This Anampout where Paul Krugman let 'em have it! RAWSTORY Krugman: ‘Only fools and clowns’ believe Republican ideology “I have a structural hypothesis here,” Krugman told ABC’s Christiane Amanpour Sunday. “You have a Republican ideology, which Mitt Romney obviously doesn’t believe in. He just oozes insincerity, that’s just so obvious. But all of the others are fools and clowns. And there is a question here, my hypothesis is that maybe this is an ideology that only fools and clowns can believe in. And that’s the Republican problem.” Haha! DN!'s co-host Juan Gonzales gets interviewed on NPR's "Tell Me More" Racist History Of American News Media? Joining us now are the authors of the book "News for All the People: The Epic Story of Race and the American Media." Juan Gonzalez is the co-host of the TV and radio news show, "Democracy Now." Joseph Torres is the senior advisor for government and external affairs at the national media reform group, the Free Press. Good item! See this interview on a new documentary about Gene Sharp on PRI's The World radio show ‘How To Start A Revolution’ Academic and author Gene Sharp has devoted his life to the study and promotion of non-violent action in conflicts. And he is the subject of a new documentary called “How to Start a Revolution”. Marco Werman speaks with the film’s director, Ruaridh Arrow. Get Gene Sharp's book "From Dictatorship to Democracy"! Seymour Hersh posts at his New Yorker blog Iran and the I.A.E.A. But how definitive, or transformative, were the findings? The I.A.E.A. said it had continued in recent years “to receive, collect and evaluate information relevant to possible military dimensions of Iran’s nuclear program” and, as a result, it has been able “to refine its analysis.” The net effect has been to create “more concern.” But Robert Kelley, a retired I.A.E.A. director and nuclear engineer who previously spent more than thirty years with the Department of Energy’s nuclear-weapons program, told me that he could find very little new information in the I.A.E.A. report. He noted that hundreds of pages of material appears to come from a single source: a laptop computer, allegedly supplied to the I.A.E.A. by a Western intelligence agency, whose provenance could not be established. Those materials, and others, “were old news,” Kelley said, and known to many journalists. “I wonder why this same stuff is now considered ‘new information’ by the same reporters.” ... Greg Thielmann, a former State Department and Senate Intelligence Committee analyst who was one of the authors of the A.C.A. assessment, told me, “There is troubling evidence suggesting that studies are still going on, but there is nothing that indicates that Iran is really building a bomb.” He added, “Those who want to drum up support for a bombing attack on Iran sort of aggressively misrepresented the report.” ... The new report, therefore, leaves us where we’ve been since 2002, when George Bush declared Iran to be a member of the Axis of Evil—with lots of belligerent talk but no definitive evidence of a nuclear-weapons program. In an interview with Amy Goodman (video below) Hersh exclaims, "But there’s an element rationality in the Israeli intelligence community that’s not being expressed by the political leadership. It’s the same madness we have here. There’s an element of rationality in our intelligence community which says, in '07, and it has said it again last year, they don't have the bomb. They’re not making it. It’s at NIE, 16 agencies agreed, 16 to nothing, in an internal vote, before that—they did an update in 2011 on the '07 study and came to the same place. It's just not there. That doesn’t mean they don’t have dreams. It doesn’t mean scientists don’t do computer studies. It doesn’t mean that physicists at the University of Tehran don’t do what physicists like to do, write papers and do studies. But there’s just no evidence of any systematic effort to go from enriching uranium to making a bomb. ... It’s not a scientific study, Amy. It’s a political document. And it’s a political document in which he’s playing our game. And it’s the same game the Israelis are picking up on, and those who don’t like Iran." DAI-ICHI FUKUSHIMA UPDATE: From Mochizuki posting on fukushima-diary.com Architect of Reactor 3 warns of massive hydrovolcanic explosion Architect of Fukushima Daiichi Reactor 3, Uehara Haruo, the former president of Saga University had an interview on 11/17/2011. In this interview, he admitted Tepco’s explanation does not make sense, and that the China syndrome is inevitable. He stated that considering 8 months have passed since 311 without any improvement, it is inevitable that melted fuel went out of the container vessel and sank underground, which is called China syndrome. He added, if fuel has reaches a underground water vein, it will cause contamination of underground water, soil contamination and sea contamination. Moreover, if the underground water vein keeps being heated for long time, a massive hydrovolcanic explosion will be caused. He also warned radioactive debris is spreading in Pacific Ocean. Tons of the debris has reached the Marshall Islands as of 11/15/2011. (SOURCE) Commenter CaptD says:
- Japan is now suffering with a Trillion Dollar Eco-Disaster,
… Yet TEPCO and the Gov’t. maintain that it, in effect, is “no big deal”:
Polluted Ocean, N☢ Problem, it will get better after a while….
Polluted Fields, N☢ Problem, they can remove the upper layer….
Polluted Air, N☢ Problem, they can wear paper masks for a while….
Polluted Food, N☢ Problem, they can mix the good food to dilute the bad….
Polluted Homes, N☢ Problem, they can power wash them clean….
Polluted Schools. N☢ Problem, they can clean them off….
Polluted Cities, N☢ Problem, they can return soon…
Polluted Lives, N☢ Problem, they can move on…
Polluted Country, N☢ Problem, the rich can relocate….
Just what will it take to wake up the Japanese People to the very real potential that a corium groundwater and or a corium ocean seawater steam “event” could cause on going Global radioactive pollution for decades?
- Squeezing the oligarchs, though, is seldom the strategy of choice among emerging-market governments. Quite the contrary: at the outset of the crisis, the oligarchs are usually among the first to get extra help from the government, such as preferential access to foreign currency, or maybe a nice tax break, or—here’s a classic Kremlin bailout technique—the assumption of private debt obligations by the government. Under duress, generosity toward old friends takes many innovative forms. Meanwhile, needing to squeeze someone, most emerging-market governments look first to ordinary working folk—at least until the riots grow too large.
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
»»» Seymour Hersh @ Democracy NOW! Seymour Hersh: Propaganda Used Ahead of Iraq War Is Now Being Reused over Iran’s Nuke Program Nov 21, 2011
»»» Democracy Now! correspondent Sharif Abdel Kouddous in Egypt@ Democracy NOW! Tahrir Square Under Attack: 32 Egyptians Killed, 1,750 Injured in Protests Against Military Rule Nov 21, 2011 & Egyptian Revolution Enters New Phase As Thousands Brave Violence to Protest Military Rule Nov 22, 2011 & Egypt Protesters Defy Mounting Crackdown As Military Refuses to Step Down Nov 23, 2011
»»» OWS @ Democracy NOW!
• UC Davis Student Describes Pepper Spray Attack on Occupy Campus Protesters Nov 21, 2011
»»» Sarah Anderson director of the Global Economy Project @ Democracy NOW! America’s Not Broke: Solving the Debt Crisis By Making Nation More Equitable, Green & Secure Nov 22, 2011
»»» Greg Palast @ Democracy NOW! Reporter Greg Palast Exposes How U.S. “Vulture” Funds Make Millions By Exploiting African Nations Nov 22, 2011
»»» Death Row Survivors @ Democracy NOW! Sonia Jacobs and Peter Pringle on Their Journey From Death Row to the Wedding Altar Nov 22, 2011
»»» Legendary independent filmmaker and author, John Sayles @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW "A Moment in the Sun": An Extended Interview with Independent Filmmaker, Author John Sayles Nov 24, 2011
»»» Michael Moore & Naomi Klein @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Occupy Everywhere: Michael Moore, Naomi Klein on Next Steps for the Movement Against Corporate Power Nov 25, 2011
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW Up With Chris Hayes Nov 19: Where OWS Goes, Will Cameras Follow? As the Occupy Movement enters a new phase, will the money media's cameras follow? From Up With Chris Hayes, November 19.
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» Football Night in America on NBC Steelers @ Chiefs! Kickoff at 8:20 pm et
»»» Monday Night Football on ESPN Giants @ Saints! Kickoff at 8:30 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
The 1st Amendment is Our Permit WASHINGTON - October 14 - This is an emergency appeal. Spread it widely. Our permit to occupy is called “The First Amendment.” This morning, Occupy Wall Street protesters celebrated when New York authorities beat a last-minute retreat from clearing Liberty Plaza – as hundreds of labor and other activists rushed to defend the square. But at the same time this morning, dozens of state troopers in riot gear cleared out Occupy Denver protests. In cities across the country, Occupy protesters have faced police violence and arrests. Some occupations have been forcibly removed while others have stood their ground successfully. The authorities say we don’t have the proper permits to occupy public spaces. Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms “the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”
When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
October2011.org October 2011 is the 10th anniversary of the invasion of Afghanistan and the beginning of the 2012 federal austerity budget. It is time to light the spark that sets off a true democratic, nonviolent transition to a world in which people are freed to create just and sustainable solutions. Take this pledge at October2011.org
- "I pledge that if any U.S. troops, contractors, or mercenaries remain in Afghanistan on Thursday, October 6, 2011, as that occupation goes into its 11th year, I will commit to being in Freedom Plaza in Washington, D.C., with others on that day or the days immediately following, for as long as I can, with the intention of making it our Tahrir Square, Cairo, our Madison, Wisconsin, where we will NONVIOLENTLY resist the corporate machine by occupying Freedom Plaza to demand that America's resources be invested in human needs and environmental protection instead of war and exploitation. We can do this together. We will be the beginning."
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.org SOPA If you've been living under an Internet-free rock the past couple of weeks, you might have managed to miss the steady drumbeat of opposition to HR 3261, the so-called Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA). Then again, if you've been living under an Internet-free rock, you've already had a preview of what we're facing if SOPA goes into effect. AmericanCensorship.org has pulled together an infographic that explains in very basic terms the services and sites that are at greatest risk from SOPA here: Infographic: Effects of the Internet Blacklist Bill (SOPA). More info at American Censorship Day READ Internet Censorship: Not Today, Not Tomorrow SIGN NOW! Internet censorship is coming to America. It’s in the form of a bill in Congress that gives corporations unprecedented power to blacklist websites at will. If passed, the “Stop Online Piracy Act,” or SOPA (HR 3261), could rip apart the open fabric of the Internet. People could see their websites disappear from the Internet for a “crime” as innocent as posting a video of themselves singing along to a favorite song. Sign this petition NOW! Keep BTV and YOUR blog alive! Listen to Sam Seder with Tim Karr of Free Press on Net Neutrality [11•10•11]
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net And Alan Grayson is running again in FL-8! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org UPDATE! Manning-Lamo Chat Logs Revealed at wired.com plus The Deeply Personal Details in New Bradley Manning Chat Logs and Bradley Manning Support Network Much more at link.
UPDATE! Politico's Josh "Under the Radar reports First public hearing set for WikiLeaks suspect Bradley Manning Pvt. Bradley Manning is scheduled to face the military's equivalent of a probable cause hearing beginning Dec. 16 at Fort Meade, Md. The session, known as an Article 32 hearing, will present evidence against Manning in order to establish whether he should be sent to a full-scale court-martial. Manning's attorney, David Coombs, said in a blog post that he expects the session to last about five days and to be public except when classified information is discussed.
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,484 US Military Dead as of Nov 24, 2011
AFGHANISTAN: 1,845 US Military Dead as of Nov 24, 2011
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. See Politifact Statements ABC News 'This Week'
• Sen. Pat Toomey, R-Pa.
• former Secretary of State Colin Powell
• ROUNDTABLE: Cokie Roberts and Sam Donaldson, ABC News senior political correspondent Jonathan Karl, and Washington Post columnist Michael Gerson.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Annual Thanksgiving Books and Authors show - Bob sits down with bestselling authors
• Kathryn Stockett
• Walter Isaacson
• Michael Lewis
• Condoleezza Rice
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• Hard Times Generation - Scott Pelley brings "60 Minutes" cameras back to central Florida to document another level of homelessness - kids and their parents living in cars. Bob Anderson and Nicole Young are the producers.
• The Flavorists - Meet the scientists behind the real and artificial flavors that make foods and beverages so tasty. Morley Safer reports on this fascinating industry that food manufacturers depend on, but which critics say make some people dependent on less-than-healthy food choices. Ruth Streeter is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish. See their website MeetTheFacts.com updating soon!
• Chairman of the Democratic Policy Committee, Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY)
• President of Americans for Tax Reform, Grover Norquist
• ROUNDTABLE: Presidential historians Doris Kearns Goodwin and Michael Beschloss; Georgetown professor and author, Michael Eric Dyson; author and executive editor at Random House, Jon Meacham; and the editor of the National Review, Rich Lowry
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) Our special coverage begins at 9 a.m EST on CNN with the dedication beginning at 11 a.m. EST.
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• presidential candidate Herman Cain
• former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice
• RONDTABLE: We examine the political advertising landscape that lies ahead. We’ll have an expert on political advertising, Ken Goldstein; former Hillary Clinton adviser Kiki McLean; and former advertising director for President George W. Bush, Mark McKinnon.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
• MORAN MONDAY!!!!! Bob let's em have it! Listen now HERE (mp3)!
Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - November 22, 2011 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Meet the world's newest oil spill, now in Brazil and starring Chevron!; Supercommittee FAIL a big win for Big Oil; Confirmed again: Extreme weather is the New Normal; Bye-bye oysters; PLUS: Surprise! Fox News deceives its viewers on climate change, or the more you watch Fox, the less you know ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Not-so-fresh round of hacked climate science emails leaked online; TX towns will run out of water in 2 weeks; Hackers target US water utility; Future cancers from Fukushima plant may be hidden; Solyndra accounts for less than 2% of the DOE's loan program; Scientists slam BLM’s coal-friendly slant on climate change; Obama Says Climate Threat ‘Cannot Be Denied’... PLUS: The art of talking about climate science ... and much, MUCH more!
BRADCAST UPDATE: Guest Hosting 'Malloy Show' including the live chats from the show!
FRI 11/18: Josh Harkinson, Denise Lockwood & the Occupied Military State...
MON 11/21: Lee Fang & Pepper Spray Torture by UC Davis cops...
TUE 11/22: Rep. Ted Deutch (D-FL), Jeannie Dean, Howie Klein, Desi Doyen...
WED 11/23: Catherine Crier, E-voting madness, And our thanks...
Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Live! Weekly on KGO PBC Live! Weekly on KGO Your humble host has been remiss in keeping you apprised of his other media activities. Since February, I’ve been hosting a regular weekly show on KGO, the leading San Francisco talk station with a huge coverage area–at night, you can hear it anywhere on the West Coast. TFN (till further notice), you can hear me every Friday night–or, more precisely, Saturday morning, from 1-5 am (PDT) on 810-AM or streaming at www.kgoradio.com. If you’d like to be alerted each week, sign up on Facebook as a fan of “Peter B. Collins Show” or you can follow me on Twitter, @pbcsf
• PBC Podcast 318 Police Violence Against Occupy Must Stop! John Bonifaz: Amend Constitution to Fix Citizens United; Will Durst Thanks the Turkeys–D and R PBC comments on police brutality against Occupy, including UC Davis pepper spray incident. John Bonifaz of Free Speech for People is leading an effort to amend the Constitution to end the corporate corruption of political campaigns enabled by Citizens United. Will Durst wants to thank the political turkeys who keep him working.
• PBC Podcast 319 Boiling Frogs: Prof. Roberto Gonzalez, Part 3 of CIA on Campus This is part 3 of our interview series based on the recently released book -The CIA on Campus: Essays on Academic Freedom and the National Security State, edited by Dr. Philip Zwerling. It’s another installment in the Boiling Frogs series, co-hosted with Sibel Edmonds.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week – The Best of Ring of Fire! November 25, 2011
• This week on The Best of Ring of Fire: former GOP staffer Mike Lofgren will be here tell us why he left the Republican cult.
• Harvard law professor Randall Kennedy will be joining us to discuss the racial hurdles that Barack Obama had to overcome in order to be elected president of the United States.
• Author and public relations specialist Cliff Schecter will be joining us to discuss how the Republican Party has evolved into a bottom-feeding, cukoo cult of political extremists.
• And blogger and author Brad Friedman will be joining us to discuss the latest round of voting machine flaws – flaws that could possibly sway next year’s presidential elections if they aren’t fixed.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Places To Occupy Next When a small group of protestors began to Occupy Wall Street two months ago, no one could have imagined that the movement would have spread across the globe in just a month’s time. Instead of disappearing like the folks at Fox News had predicted, the movement is growing with each passing day, as more and more people are becoming fed up with the way corporate America has treated them. The big question now is, what is the next step? Mike Papantonio talks about that next step with investigative journalist Daniel Denvir.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Generational Income Gap Is Destroying Young People Financially Unlike the “Don’t Tax Me” Tea Party, the members of the Occupy Movement tend to be young adults who are struggling to find work. And there’s a reason why this generation is becoming increasingly angry at corporate America. Studies show that young Americans are now falling way behind in income, while the older generations hold almost half of all the wealth in America. Mike Papantonio discusses the generational income gap with Alternet editor and senior writer, Josh Holland.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• Lee Papa, The Rude Pundit, Gives a First Hand Account of the Morning After the Occupy Wall Street Raid [11•15•11]
• Our Interview with Fran Lebowitz [11•17•11]
• Tim Pool of The Other 99 on Livestreaming Occupy Wall Street [11•21•11]
• Bill McKibben on the Keystone XL Battle [11•21•11]
MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityreport.official.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• NEW! MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• HOUSE PANEL WILL HOLD HEARING ON MF GLOBAL FAILURE ON DEC. 15 by maxkeiser. READ Heeeeeere’s Jonnie (Corzine) (zerohedge)
• KEISER REPORT [KR210] Keiser Report: Corporations Fear OWS We discuss the Good, The Bad and the Schving Schving of making companies scared by putting risk back onto their balance sheet. We also discuss clients getting smoked through massive ploys in the commodity markets. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser interviews Mike Maloney of GoldSilver.com and ProtectNSurvive.com about the latest in the precious metals market and about a $15 trillion Dow.
• [KR211] Keiser Report – Simple Thieves & Honest Graft We discuss simple thieves and honest graft. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser interviews Mike ‘Mish’ Shedlock about the European debt crisis and the MF Global missing funds crisis.
• KEISER REPORT [KR213] Keiser Report – ‘First Call’ For The Big, Blonde Hair & Shiny TeethWe discuss the Koch Brothers and MF Global and Northern Rock and Richard Branson’s blonde hair and big, shiny teeth. In the second half of the show, Max talks to independent radio journalist Richard Thomas about Occupy LSX, poll tax …
• KEISER REPORT [KR215] Unemploy Wall Street! We discuss unemployed Wall Streeters looking for financial firms that practice ‘integrity and honesty’ and hedge fund managers crying ‘boohoo’ that JP Morgan has seized their MF Global funds. In the second half of the show, Max talks to Danny Schechter about plunder, the crime of our time, inspiring an economic justice movement.
• ON THE EDGE [OTE132] On the Edge with Dan Collins of The China Money Report This guy, Dan Collins, has a great new site, The China Money Report, which covers all the local news in China, especially gold and silver!
• ON THE EDGE [OTE133] The 99 percent movement & Wall Street-On the Edge with Max Keiser-11-25-2011 We interview David DeGraw
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM1226] The Truth About An Existential Threat Stacy Summary: Truth About Markets from Prague. 26 November 2011. FYI, tomorrow I will be posting the live Truth About Markets from last week in London. Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Glenn Greenwald November 20, 2011: Salon.com blogger Glenn Greenwald discusses how Gerald Ford’s pardon of Richard Nixon cut the last vestiges of the rule of law in America; the “too big to jail” justice system where powerful people need not fear incarceration; turning the Nuremberg court’s opinion on “aggressive war” on its head, as the US continually attacks countries that don’t pose a threat and government officials never face war crimes tribunals; the world-record US prison population, comprised of drug offenders and regular people who can’t afford to replace their (usually incompetent) public defender; and how US presidents refrain from prosecuting previous administrations, with the expectation that their own crimes will also go unpunished.
• Adam Morrow November 21, 2011: IPS News journalist Adam Morrow discusses the return of million-man protests in Tahrir Square on the eve of the first parliamentary election since Mubarak’s ouster; street skirmishes and dozens of casualties after the Egyptian military overreacted to demonstrations; fears that so-called “super constitutional principles” will keep Egypt a military dictatorship, no matter the outcome of elections; and how plans to open the Rafah border crossing with Gaza have been put on the back burner.
• Seymour Hersh November 22, 2011: Seymour Hersh, award winning investigative reporter for The New Yorker magazine, discusses his article “Iran and the I.A.E.A.;” how extensive CIA/JSOC espionage (and perhaps assassination and sabotage) in Iran failed to find any evidence of a clandestine nuclear weapons program; why Iran’s interest in nukes prior to 2003 was to hedge against an Iraqi weapon; the new IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano, who has no problem regurgitating old innuendo to make a case for war; and why the bluster coming out of Israel exists mostly at the top, since common sense attitudes about Iran are common in lower ranks of the military and Mossad.
• Eric Margolis November 24, 2011: Eric Margolis, internationally syndicated columnist and author of War at the Top of the World and American Raj, discusses the mid-1980s declaration of Osama bin Laden’s mentor Abdullah Azzam that the mujahideen would go after US forces in Saudi Arabia after the Soviets were expelled from Afghanistan; taking a closer look at the “they hate us for our freedom” explanation of Islamic extremism; the angry know-nothing Republican presidential candidates (with two exceptions); and how the convergence of regional and world powers in Syria could lead to war with Iran.
Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• “2012: One on One” series with former Utah Governor Jon Huntsman.
• Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL)
• Sen. Jon Kyl (R-AZ)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml