Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER! Occupy the Police State: "Welcome to the revolution. Our elites have exposed their hand. They have nothing to offer. They can destroy but they cannot build. They can repress but they cannot lead. They can steal but they cannot share. They can talk but they cannot speak. They are as dead and useless to us as the water-soaked books, tents, sleeping bags, suitcases, food boxes and clothes that were tossed by sanitation workers Tuesday morning into garbage trucks in New York City. They have no ideas, no plans and no vision for the future." So begins Chris Hedges This Is What Revolution Looks Like on truthdig.com. Go read this NOW and come back....we'll wait..... Now go WATCH THIS: General Assembly holds mock trial and journalist Chris Hedges reads indictment accusing Goldman Sachs of financial crimes against humanity courtesy theREALnews channel on The Toob. Then watch Chris Hedges on Thom Hartmann's The Big Picture - "Conversing with Great Minds" at RT's Toob Channel Part 1 (15:32) & Part 2 (11:55) discussing his book "Death of the Liberal Class" and the difference between Revolution and Rebellion originally broadcast Dec 20, 2010. LIBERTY PARK DESTRUCTION: Crooksandliars has this early report from Tuesday in their special Occupy America section: Court Orders Occupiers Must Be Allowed to Re-enter Zuccotti Park With Their Belongings by Diane Sweet Early Tuesday morning, Mayor 1 Percent himself was beginning an early morning press conference to defend the even earlier morning raid and destruction of the Occupy Wall Street encampment at Zuccotti Park, and then an early rising judge ordered that Bloomberg could not unilaterally usurp the Constitution. As NYC Mayor Michael Bloomber began his 8 a.m. press conference today, as he was explaining to everyone how "No right is absolute," he learned of a 6 a.m. ruling ordering that the protesters from Zuccotti Park be allowed to return along with their belongings. Via the National Lawyer's Guild NYC Chapter:
- "New York, NY: At around 6 AM on November 15, 2011, attorneys associated with the New York City Chapter of the National Lawyers Guild working as the Liberty Park Legal Working Group obtained a temporary restraining order against the City of New York, various City agencies, and Brookfield properties directing that occupiers be allowed back on the premises with their belongings." ... "In the coming hours, days and weeks the LPLWG will pursue all legal options to enable the occupiers to continue to exercise their first amendment rights to speech and assembly for speech. Attorney Yetta Kurland, one of the attorneys from the LPLWG, said, “This is a victory for everyone who believes in the First Amendment. We will continue to fight for everyone’s right to continue the occupation.” In response to the injunction, Daniel Alterman, also an attorney with the LPLWG, stated that, “This is a victory for all Americans, for the constitution and for the 99%.” Gideon Oliver, another attorney with the LPLWG reacted by saying, “The LPLWG has been fighting to ensure their right to free speech from day one of the occupation. The occupiers right to free speech is based in our most core legal principles and we will be here till the end to fight for those rights.”
- Excelsior comments, "Interesting how he's so concerned with the health and safety of "our public" - except for the protesters. Because of course the protesters are not members of the public? How does that work, exactly?"
- Emocrat counters, "Yes, police terror enhances the public health & safety. IOW, the beatings will continue until morale improves or something. Of course, every other mayor using state terror right now is saying exactly the same things, so it's definitely not coordinated! Apparently, the "public" is defined as the 1%. That leaves the 99 as what, exactly?"
- TruthOut posts Henry A. Giroux: Penn State Crisis - the Failure of the University (Radio Interview) “There is a lot of talk about the culture of silence as if it is simply an offshoot of the need to protect the wealth and power of those in control of Penn State’s football empire, but the fact of the matter is the real issue is that higher education has been corrupted by big money, big sports, corporate power, and the search for profits for some time, except that in the age of unabashed free market fundamentalism, it has gotten worse. The issue here is not simply about a morally depraved culture of silence, it is about a university surrendering its mission as a democratic public sphere where students learn to think critically, hold power accountable, and connect knowledge and social relations to the social costs they enact. A university needs real leadership for this type of task, not managerial clones who confuse education with training and engaged research with Pentagon and corporate handouts. Penn State is now a managerial model of corporate influence and power and the arrogance and bad faith this model breeds is evident in the ways in which everyone acted in the face of this crisis, from Paterno to its ethically challenged president, Graham Spanier. What the public should be asking about this crisis is not what has happened to Penn State but how have so many universities arrived at a similar place in time and history when they are just like any other mega factory and slick shopping mall, divorced from any viable notion of learning and, as we see with Penn State University, any viable sense of ethical and moral responsibility.”
- The Brutal Truth About Penn State by Charles P. Pierce "It is not a failure of our institutions so much as it is a window into what they have become — soulless, profit-driven monsters, Darwinian predators with precious little humanity left in them. Penn State is only the most recent example. Too much of this country is too big to fail. If Mike McQueary had seen a child being raped in a boardroom or a storeroom, he wouldn't have been any more likely to have stopped it, or to have called the cops, than he was as a graduate assistant football coach at Penn State. With unemployment edging toward double digits, and only about 10 percent of the workforce unionized, every American who works for a major company knows the penalty for exercising his personal freedom, or his personal morality, at the expense of "the company." Independent thought is discouraged. Independent action is usually crushed. Nobody wants to damage the brand. Your supervisor might find out, and his primary loyalty is to the company. Which is why he got promoted to be your supervisor in the first place. It happens because institutions lie. And today, our major institutions lie because of a culture in which loyalty to "the company," and protection of "the brand" — that noxious business-school shibboleth that turns employees into brainlocked elements of sales and marketing campaigns — trumps conventional morality, traditional ethics, civil liberties, and even adherence to the rule of law. It is better to protect "the brand" than it is to protect free speech, the right to privacy, or even to protect children."
- Higher Education Gone Wrong: Universities Are Turning into Corporate Drone Factories "Frank Donoghue, the author of "The Last Professors: The Corporate University and the Fate of the Humanities," details how liberal arts education has been dismantled. Any form of learning that is not strictly vocational has at best been marginalized and in many schools has been abolished. Students are steered away from asking the broad, disturbing questions that challenge the assumptions of the power elite or an economic system that serves the corporate state. This has led many bright graduates into the arms of corporate entities they do not examine morally or ethically. They accept the assumptions of corporate culture because they have never been taught to think.
- And Hedges at TruthOut 2009 Happiness Consultants Won’t Stop a Depression The driving ideology of corporate culture is a blind faith in the power and virtue of the corporate collective. All quotas can be met. All things are possible. Profits can always be raised. It is only a question of the right attitude. The highest form of personal happiness, we are told, is when the corporation thrives. .... Corporate employees, like everyone else, are gripped by personal dilemmas, anxieties and troubles. They are not permitted, however, to ask whether the problem is the corporate structure and the corporate state. If they are not happy, there is, they are told, something wrong with them. Real debate, real clashes of opinion, are, in the happy world of corporatism, forbidden. They are considered rude. The corporations enforce a relentless optimism that curtails honest appraisal of reality and preserves hierarchical forms of organization under the guise of “participation.” Corporate culture provides, as Christopher Lasch pointed out, a society dominated by corporate elites with an anti-elitist ideology.
- ...The persistence of MERS as Lender A’s agent in the public record in effect accomplished with smoke and mirrors—and it conjures a host of evils. Yes, every MERS member establishes its own agency relationship with MERS. But immediately upon transfer of the mortgage from Lender A the agency relationship between MERS Lender A ends. The agency between MERS and Owner B is in fact a new and distinct agency relationship—and, given the functional identity between principal and agent, a new and distinct “MERS” as well. Again, in the absence of a valid assignment, the status of MERS as the mortgagee in the public records becomes a misrepresentation of material fact at the very instant the mortgage is assigned by Lender A, and from that point on the mortgage industry is, in effect, using a ghost to do its bidding—and one of dubious character at that. Only the name “MERS” remains; the “continuity” is a chimera, an illusion, the purpose of which is to make an end run around the need for a formal assignment. It has also served as a red herring, distracting courts from the sober fact that the role of MERS as a “common agent,” for all of its theoretical elegance and self-proclaimed validity, simply cannot in its present form be fit into the framework of existing law without inflicting collateral damage upon the very principles of fairness and transparency on which that framework has been built over many years and through many efforts and sacrifices. What this all boils down to it this: in order for MERS to remain the mortgagee of record at the local land office without fraudulently misrepresenting itself as such three things must occur.
- We are proud to announce that ROLLING STONE subscribers have free and immediate access to our complete archive - every issue since our inception in 1967. Subscribers can conveniently access the current issue online, as well as browse all past editions in their original format. To get this free benefit simply go to rollingstone.com/allaccess. Please have a recent issue available so you can provide the account number listed on your mailing label. If you're not a current subscriber you can give it a try by signing up for a four-issue subscription for just 99 cents and get instant access to the archives. We hope you enjoy the all-access pass to our rich history of reporting on music, politics and pop culture - and we thank you for being a part of our future.
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
»»» Amy's Column @ Democracy NOW! The Brave New World of Occupy Wall Street We got word just after 1 a.m. Tuesday that New York City police were raiding the Occupy Wall Street encampment. I raced down with the “Democracy Now!” news team to Zuccotti Park, renamed Liberty Square. Hundreds of riot police had already surrounded the area.
»»» OWS @ Democracy NOW!
• Occupy Oakland Encampment Raided for Second Time: Live Eyewitness Report
• Occupy Honolulu: Hawaiian Musician Makana Performs Protest Song to World Leaders at APEC Summit
• Top Aide to Oakland Mayor Resigns over Occupy Raid: Mayors, Police Are Doing Wall Street’s Business
• Arundhati Roy: Occupy Wall Street is "So Important Because It is in the Heart of Empire"
• Inside Occupy Wall Street Raid: Eyewitnesses Describe Arrests, Beatings as Police Dismantle Camp
• Occupy Wall Street Protesters Return to Zuccotti Park After 200 Arrested, Camping Barred
• As Occupy Enters Third Month, a Look at How Protesters Are Building a Global Movement
• Police Crackdowns on Occupy Protests from Oakland to New York Herald the "New Military Urbanism"
• Occupy Wall Street’s National Day of Action Launches with Protest at NY Stock Exchange
• Ex-New York Times Freelancer Natasha Lennard on Quitting the Corporate Media in an Occupy Era
• Paramilitary Policing of Occupy Wall Street: Excessive Use of Force amidst the New Military Urbanism
• Occupy Wall Street Draws Massive Turnout in NYC and Across the Nation to Mark 2-Month Milestone
• SEIU President, Union Leaders Arrested in OWS Brooklyn Bridge Protest Demanding Job Creation
• NYC Council Member Ydanis Rodriguez Detained in Zuccotti Raid, Urges Mass Involvement in OWS
• Projectionists Light Up New York City Buildings, and Protesters’ Spirits, with Occupy-Themed Display
• The Revolution Will Be Live-Streamed: Global Revolution TV, the Occupy Movement’s Video Hub
»»» Amy Goodman on East Timor @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW East Timor Massacre Remembered: U.S.-Armed Indonesian Troops Kill 270 Timorese 20 Years Ago Nov 14, 2011
»»» Razan Zaitouneh @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Syrian Human Rights Lawyer Razan Zaitouneh Speaks from Hiding, Says Over 4,000 Killed in Uprising Nov 14, 2011
»»» Bassam Haddad, director of the Middle East Studies Program at George Mason University @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Arab League Suspends Syria, Concern Grows over Foreign Intervention to End Crisis Nov 14, 2011
»»» Author Naomi Klein @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Naomi Klein on Environmental Victory: Obama Delays Keystone XL Oil Pipeline Decision Until 2013 Nov 11, 2011
»»» Josh Fox, director of the Academy Award-nominated film Gasland @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW White House Could Cast Decisive Vote to Permit 20,000 Fracking Wells in Delaware River Basin Nov 11, 2011
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW Up With Chris Hayes Nov 19: Where OWS Goes, Will Cameras Follow? As the Occupy Movement enters a new phase, will the money media's cameras follow? From Up With Chris Hayes, November 19.
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» NASCAR on ESPN The last Chase Race is between pole-sitter Carl Edwards and Tony Stewart coming from the 15th grid spot for the championship! The Left Turn League makes its final 2011 pitstops at the 1.5-mile Homestead-Miami Speedway Ford 400. Can't they drive 500 miles for the championship? Sheesh! Get the pre-race overview from Bill Kimm Qualifying the Chasers: Homestead-Miami Coverage begins at 3 pm et. See you at Daytona next year!
»»» Football Night in America on NBC Eagles @ Giants! Kickoff at 8:20 pm et
»»» Monday Night Football on ESPN Chefs @ Patriots! Kickoff at 8:30 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
The 1st Amendment is Our Permit WASHINGTON - October 14 - This is an emergency appeal. Spread it widely. Our permit to occupy is called “The First Amendment.” This morning, Occupy Wall Street protesters celebrated when New York authorities beat a last-minute retreat from clearing Liberty Plaza – as hundreds of labor and other activists rushed to defend the square. But at the same time this morning, dozens of state troopers in riot gear cleared out Occupy Denver protests. In cities across the country, Occupy protesters have faced police violence and arrests. Some occupations have been forcibly removed while others have stood their ground successfully. The authorities say we don’t have the proper permits to occupy public spaces. Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms “the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”
When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
October2011.org October 2011 is the 10th anniversary of the invasion of Afghanistan and the beginning of the 2012 federal austerity budget. It is time to light the spark that sets off a true democratic, nonviolent transition to a world in which people are freed to create just and sustainable solutions. Take this pledge at October2011.org
- "I pledge that if any U.S. troops, contractors, or mercenaries remain in Afghanistan on Thursday, October 6, 2011, as that occupation goes into its 11th year, I will commit to being in Freedom Plaza in Washington, D.C., with others on that day or the days immediately following, for as long as I can, with the intention of making it our Tahrir Square, Cairo, our Madison, Wisconsin, where we will NONVIOLENTLY resist the corporate machine by occupying Freedom Plaza to demand that America's resources be invested in human needs and environmental protection instead of war and exploitation. We can do this together. We will be the beginning."
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.org SOPA If you've been living under an Internet-free rock the past couple of weeks, you might have managed to miss the steady drumbeat of opposition to HR 3261, the so-called Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA). Then again, if you've been living under an Internet-free rock, you've already had a preview of what we're facing if SOPA goes into effect. AmericanCensorship.org has pulled together an infographic that explains in very basic terms the services and sites that are at greatest risk from SOPA here: Infographic: Effects of the Internet Blacklist Bill (SOPA). More info at American Censorship Day READ Internet Censorship: Not Today, Not Tomorrow SIGN NOW! Internet censorship is coming to America. It’s in the form of a bill in Congress that gives corporations unprecedented power to blacklist websites at will. If passed, the “Stop Online Piracy Act,” or SOPA (HR 3261), could rip apart the open fabric of the Internet. People could see their websites disappear from the Internet for a “crime” as innocent as posting a video of themselves singing along to a favorite song. Sign this petition NOW! Keep BTV and YOUR blog alive! Listen to Sam Seder with Tim Karr of Free Press on Net Neutrality [11•10•11]
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net And Alan Grayson is running again in FL-8! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org UPDATE! Manning-Lamo Chat Logs Revealed at wired.com plus The Deeply Personal Details in New Bradley Manning Chat Logs and Bradley Manning Support Network Much more at link.
UPDATE! See Peter B Collins PBC Podcast 294 Afghan Update–Rabbani Assassination, US Night Raids Expand; Bradley Manning Update; Gary Chew Reviews ‘Moneyball’
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,484 US Military Dead as of Nov 18, 2011
AFGHANISTAN: 1,841 US Military Dead as of Nov 18, 2011
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. See Politifact Statements ABC News 'This Week'
• Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, political strategist Matthew Dowd, New York Times columnist Paul Krugman, and Wall Street Journal columnist Peggy Noonan.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Sen. Pat Toomey (R-PA)
• Sen. Joe "Friend Of Coal" Manchin (D-WV)
• GOP presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX)
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• Christine Lagarde - Thrust into the breach during one of the worst economic crises in decades, Christine Lagarde, the new head of the International Monetary Fund, has become one of the world's most powerful women. Lara Logan reports. Clem Taylor is the producer.
• The Pledge - Steve Kroft takes a look at Grover Norquist, the man many blame for holding up the deficit-reduction process because of the anti-tax pledges he has obtained from nearly all the Republican politicians in Washington. Frank Devine is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish. See their website MeetTheFacts.com updating soon!
• This Sunday on MTP: Deal or no deal for Supercommittee?
• Sen. Jon Kyl (R-AZ)
• Sen. John Kerry (D-MA)
• ROUNDTABLE: Democratic strategist Dee Dee Myers, Republican strategist Mike Murphy, Washington Post columnist Eugene Robinson, and former RNC Chairman, Ed Gillespie.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) Our special coverage begins at 9 a.m EST on CNN with the dedication beginning at 11 a.m. EST.
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• exclusive interview with the co-chair of the “super committee,” democratic Senator Patty Murray
• republican Senator Rand Paul (R-Kentucky
• War Criminal former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice
• republican strategist Rich Galen
• former Pennsylvania republican Rep. Robert Walker
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
• FRONT PORCH FRIDAY!!!!! Kick up yer feet! Listen now HERE (mp3)!
Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - November 17, 2011 IN IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Political kabuki theatre in the U.S. House over the Solyndra bankruptcy; Obama says "climate change", but only in Australia; It's official: the weather is getting weirder; PLUS: Harvesting water from the desert air... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Does government regulation really kill jobs? NO.; New federal fuel economy rules: 54mpg by 2025: CEO: "No question" new EPA rules create jobs; Defense Science Board warns of "failure to anticipate and mitigate" climate change... PLUS: VIDEO: Watch global CO2 go up and up and up ... and much, MUCH more! ... BRADCAST UPDATE: Guest Hosting 'Malloy Show' Mon-Wed! NEXT WEEK: Catherine Crier (formerly of CourtTV & CNN) and MUCH MORE Occupation Nation...6-9p PT/9p-Mid ET | Live chat room here during the show! Call-in#: 877-520-1150
Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Live! Weekly on KGO PBC Live! Weekly on KGO Your humble host has been remiss in keeping you apprised of his other media activities. Since February, I’ve been hosting a regular weekly show on KGO, the leading San Francisco talk station with a huge coverage area–at night, you can hear it anywhere on the West Coast. TFN (till further notice), you can hear me every Friday night–or, more precisely, Saturday morning, from 1-5 am (PDT) on 810-AM or streaming at www.kgoradio.com. If you’d like to be alerted each week, sign up on Facebook as a fan of “Peter B. Collins Show” or you can follow me on Twitter, @pbcsf
• PBC Podcast 315 Beware the Levin Amendment; Ex-Gitmo Prosecutor Says Obama Lost His Testicles in Fight to Close Guantanamo Col. Morris Davis (ret. Air Force JAG) slams Obama for failing to close Guantanamo, says it “seems like a third Bush term”. PBC opens with an alert about the “Levin Amendment”.
• PBC Podcast 316 Boiling Frogs: Prof. Stephen Soldz, Part 2 of CIA on Campus This is part II of our interview series based on the recently released book -The CIA on Campus: Essays on Academic Freedom and the National Security State, edited by Dr. Philip Zwerling, co-hosted with Sibel Edmonds. Our guest is Dr. Stephen Soldz. Part One is here Boiling Frogs: Prof. Philip Zwerling, The CIA On Campus
• PBC Podcast 317 Prof. Hasan Elahi’s “Orwell Project” Takes on the Police State; Journalist Jay Bahadur on Somali Pirates; Gary Chew Reviews “The Descendants” JProf. Hasan Elahi of University of Maryland is an American citizen who conducts ongoing self-surveillance so he can prove he’s not a terrorist; Jay Bahadur is the author of The Pirates of Somalia: Inside Their Hidden World; Gary Chew reviews George Clooney’s The Descendants.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! November 18, 2011
• Mother Jones reporter Josh Harkinson will be joining us to talk about the latest developments with Occupy Wall Street, including his account of the eviction from Zucotti Park.
• We’ll be talking with J.A. Myerson from Truthout about how the military industrial complex is helping keep the 1% rolling in the dough.
• Attorney Jeff Anderson will join us to discuss the similarities between the Penn State child sex abuse case and the Catholic Church’s problems with sex abuse.
• We’ll hear from documentary film writer and producer Serge Bakalian about his film Default – The Student Loan Documentary.
• And attorney Chris Paulos will talk with us about the latest dangers that have been revealed about the birth control drug Yaz.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: The Sandusky/Costas Train WreckMike Papantonio appears on MSNBC’s The Ed Show to discuss Jerry Sandusky’s interview with Bob Costas, and whether or not this interview will hurt Sandusky’s case.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: The Death of Keynesian Economics Any credible economist in America will tell you that Keynesian economic policies are the only policies that will help spur economic growth. From FDR to Bill Clinton, Keynesian economics helped pull America out of the great Depression, as well as the recessions that were created by Ronald Reagan and Bush Senior. So why have Democrats today abandoned those policies? To help answer that question, Mike Papantonio spoke with Michael Corcoran, an investigative journalist with Truth-Out.org.
• VIDEO! Sam Seder: Dirty Tricks of the Insurance Industry Exposed The average American reads on a 6th to 8th grade level, something that the insurance industry is well-aware of. And because of this, the industry writes the literature regarding their policies on a collegiate level, making it virtually impossible for the vast majority of Americans to even comprehend, so they end up buying policies that they don’t even need. That’s just one of the dirty tricks that the industry is playing on American consumers, and Sam Seder discusses even more shady tactics by the insurance industry with Wendell Potter, author of the book “Deadly Spin.”
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• Tim Karr of Free Press on Net Neutrality [11•10•11]
• Brendan DeMelle of DeSmogBlog on Fracking Psy-Ops [11•10•11]
• Jeff Smith of the Occupy Wall Street Press Team on the 11/15/11 Raid [11•15•11]
• Harry Siegel's Live Account of the Press Situation at Occupy Wall Street Raid [11•15•11]
MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityreport.official.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• NEW! MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• REVOLUTION!!! by maxkeiser. READ Charting The Biggest Threat To Investors Over The Next Six Months: Global Political Revolution (zerohedge)
• GIABO by maxkeiser. (Global Insurrection Against Banker Occupation) READ Fury At Sinking Economies Drives Global Demos (sky.com)
• VIDEO! Gerald Celente hammers MF Global’s “MF’ers” on Capital Account
• VIDEO! Germany will leave the euro unless the ECB is reformed
• KEISER REPORT [KR210] Keiser Report: Corporations Fear OWS We discuss the Good, The Bad and the Schving Schving of making companies scared by putting risk back onto their balance sheet. We also discuss clients getting smoked through massive ploys in the commodity markets. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser interviews Mike Maloney of GoldSilver.com and ProtectNSurvive.com about the latest in the precious metals market and about a $15 trillion Dow.
• [KR211] Keiser Report – Simple Thieves & Honest Graft We discuss simple thieves and honest graft. In the second half of the show, Max Keiser interviews Mike ‘Mish’ Shedlock about the European debt crisis and the MF Global missing funds crisis.
• KEISER REPORT [KR212] Keiser Report: Vampire Banker Hunter We discuss the ‘tiny rule changes’ and the Zombiebankland behind the collapse of MF Global. Meanwhile, in Pennsylvania, a Keiser-Celente 2012 bumper sticker spotted! In the second half of the show, Max Keiser interviews Barry Ritholtz about the big lie …
• ON THE EDGE [OTE132] On the Edge with Dan Collins of The China Money Report This guy, Dan Collins, has a great new site, The China Money Report, which covers all the local news in China, especially gold and silver!
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1224] The Truth About Markets – 12 November 2011 Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Richard Silverstein November 15, 2011: Richard Silverstein, writer of the Tikun Olam blog, discusses the story he broke on the Mossad-MEK sabotage of an Iranian missile base that killed 17 soldiers and the head of Iran’s missile program; whether a foreign attack on a military installation is an act of terrorism or a declaration of war; Israel’s “black ops” strategy of assassination and sabotage, used in lieu of a direct attack on Iran – for now; Bibi Netanyahu’s frightening megalomania and aspirations of being a Jewish Winston Churchill; and why Israel can’t continue its campaign against Iran indefinitely without facing blowback in some form.
• Philip Giraldi November 18, 2011: Former CIA officer Philip Giraldi discusses his article “Will Washington Thump the Syrian Domino;” how the Obama administration’s belligerent foreign policy almost makes you pine for the wisdom and restraint of George W. Bush; the unwinding of poorly-conceived post-colonial countries, including Syria and Iraq; reports that Saudi Prince Bandar is forming an al-Qaeda style posse to fight in Syria, with US consent; and the collusion between current and former US government officials and the MEK terrorist group.
Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Co-Chairman Jeb Hensarling (R-TX)
• key Democrat, Congressman Xavier Becerra (D-CA)
•Moody’s Analytics Chief Economist Mark Zandi.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml