Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER! $7.7 TRILLION DOLLARS We begin this Sunday's rant with some remarkably good news! Our friends at 4closurefraud.org has the scoop...
COMPLAINT | COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS v. BANK OF AMERICA, JPMORGAN CHASE, CITIBANK, GMAC, WELLS FARGO, MERS, et al
Five National Banks Sued by AG Coakley in Connection with
Illegal Foreclosures and Loan Servicing
Bank of America, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan Chase, Citi, and GMAC All Named As Defendants;
Mortgage Electronic Registration System (“MERS”) Also Sued
MATT TAIBBI is having a party somewhere!
- Basically it is setting up a centralised surveillance unit to further usurp the fiscal capacity of the member states without at the same time establishing a fully-fledged “federal” fiscal capacity to meet asymmetric aggregate demand shocks (across the region). The plan would require all member states (17 nations) to send draft budgets to the EC by October 15 each year. The Commission could then reject the plan and force the nation to alter the spending and taxation proposals. There would also be stricter rules under the “Excessive Deficit Procedure” which would seek to enforce the Stability and Growth Pact more closely. All member states would be forced to set up “independent fiscal councils” which would be involved in the preparation of budgets and official forecasts. If a nation needed financial assistance there would be federal support it would have to be obedient under these rules. Short conclusion: it would be a total disaster.
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
»»» Glenn Greenwald @ Democracy NOW! NATO Kills 24 Pakistani Troops in 2-Hour Assault on Pakistani Base, Tensions Flare in Region & Glenn Greenwald: Is Obama Fulfilling the Neocon Dream of Mass Regime Change in Muslim World? Nov 28, 2011
»»» Julian Assange @ Democracy NOW! WikiLeaks, Julian Assange Win Major Australian Prize for “Outstanding Contribution to Journalism” Nov 28, 2011
»»» Daphne Eviatar, Senior Associate, Human Rights First’s Law and Security Program @ Democracy NOW!
• Battlefield America: U.S. Citizens Face Indefinite Military Detention in Defense Bill Before Senate Nov 29, 2011
»»» Kamran Loghman @ Democracy NOW! Pepper-Spray Creator Decries Use of Chemical Agent on Peaceful Occupy Wall Street Protesters Nov 29, 2011
»»» Pamela Brown & Andrew Ross @ Democracy NOW! Occupy Student Debt: Students Urged to Refuse to Pay Off Loans As Schools Hike Tuition Nov 29, 2011
»»» OWS @ Democracy NOW! Occupy Wall Street Camps in Los Angeles, Philadelphia Dismantled in Massive Police Raids Nov 30, 2011
»»» Peter Van Buren @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW State Dept. Veteran Peter Van Buren Defies U.S. Censors to Recount Failed Reconstruction in Iraq Nov 30, 2011
»»» Rena Steinzor, professor at the University of Maryland Carey School of Law and President of the Center for Progressive Reform @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Report: Obama Has Weakened More Lobbyist-Opposed Health, Public Safety Regulations Than Bush Nov 30, 2011
»»» Democracy Now! Correspondent Anjali Kamat @ Democracy NOW! Democracy Now! Correspondent Anjali Kamat on Reporting the Revolutions in Egypt and Libya Dec 1, 2011
»»» Ramsey Clark, lawyer and former U.S. attorney general & Harry Murray, one of the Hancock 38 Drone Resisters @ Democracy NOW! "Hancock 38" Defendants Found Guilty for Bold Army Base Protest Against U.S. Drone Attacks Abroad Dec 2, 2011
»»» Richard Wolff @ Democracy NOW! Richard Wolff: Eurozone Woes Result from Mating of Our "Dysfunctional" Political, Economic Systems Nov 30, 2011
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW The Maldives Face Rising Waters and Despondancy at Durban Climate Conference As the 17th United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, popularly known as COP-17, takes place in Durban, South Africa, Nov 28 - Dec 9, I think of this man: Dr. Mohammed Waheed Hassan, with whom I had a chance to speak this September in New York. Waheed, as he prefers to be called, is Vice President of the Republic of the Maldives, the lowest country on the planet. An archipelago of coral atolls in the Indian Ocean, the Maldives have seen the sea waters around their low-level homeland rise almost 8 inches in the last 100 years and accelerating rates of warming threaten their nation's future. Read the full story at TheNation.com .
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» Football Night in America on NBC Lions @ Saints! Kickoff at 8:20 pm et
»»» Monday Night Football on ESPN Chargers @ Jaguars! Kickoff at 8:30 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
The 1st Amendment is Our Permit WASHINGTON - October 14 - This is an emergency appeal. Spread it widely. Our permit to occupy is called “The First Amendment.” This morning, Occupy Wall Street protesters celebrated when New York authorities beat a last-minute retreat from clearing Liberty Plaza – as hundreds of labor and other activists rushed to defend the square. But at the same time this morning, dozens of state troopers in riot gear cleared out Occupy Denver protests. In cities across the country, Occupy protesters have faced police violence and arrests. Some occupations have been forcibly removed while others have stood their ground successfully. The authorities say we don’t have the proper permits to occupy public spaces. Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms “the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”
When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
October2011.org October 2011 is the 10th anniversary of the invasion of Afghanistan and the beginning of the 2012 federal austerity budget. It is time to light the spark that sets off a true democratic, nonviolent transition to a world in which people are freed to create just and sustainable solutions. Take this pledge at October2011.org
- "I pledge that if any U.S. troops, contractors, or mercenaries remain in Afghanistan on Thursday, October 6, 2011, as that occupation goes into its 11th year, I will commit to being in Freedom Plaza in Washington, D.C., with others on that day or the days immediately following, for as long as I can, with the intention of making it our Tahrir Square, Cairo, our Madison, Wisconsin, where we will NONVIOLENTLY resist the corporate machine by occupying Freedom Plaza to demand that America's resources be invested in human needs and environmental protection instead of war and exploitation. We can do this together. We will be the beginning."
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.org SOPA If you've been living under an Internet-free rock the past couple of weeks, you might have managed to miss the steady drumbeat of opposition to HR 3261, the so-called Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA). Then again, if you've been living under an Internet-free rock, you've already had a preview of what we're facing if SOPA goes into effect. AmericanCensorship.org has pulled together an infographic that explains in very basic terms the services and sites that are at greatest risk from SOPA here: Infographic: Effects of the Internet Blacklist Bill (SOPA). More info at American Censorship Day READ Internet Censorship: Not Today, Not Tomorrow SIGN NOW! Internet censorship is coming to America. It’s in the form of a bill in Congress that gives corporations unprecedented power to blacklist websites at will. If passed, the “Stop Online Piracy Act,” or SOPA (HR 3261), could rip apart the open fabric of the Internet. People could see their websites disappear from the Internet for a “crime” as innocent as posting a video of themselves singing along to a favorite song. Sign this petition NOW! Keep BTV and YOUR blog alive! Listen to Sam Seder with Tim Karr of Free Press on Net Neutrality [11•10•11]
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net And Alan Grayson is running again in FL-8! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org UPDATE! Manning-Lamo Chat Logs Revealed at wired.com plus The Deeply Personal Details in New Bradley Manning Chat Logs and Bradley Manning Support Network Much more at link.
UPDATE! Kim Zetter WIRED.COM's Threat Level - Feds Withholding Evidence Favorable to Bradley Manning, Lawyer Charges The civilian lawyer for Bradley Manning, the Army private who allegedly leaked tens of thousands of classified U.S. government documents to WikiLeaks, is seeking to question the severity of the leak by requesting the government’s own internal damage assessments that reportedly contradict statements that Manning irreparably damaged national security. Manning’s defense attorney, David E. Coombs, is attempting to get evidence from the government to defend Manning in his upcoming pre-trial hearing on Dec. 16, but says the government is stonewalling him. “The defense has repeatedly requested the below discovery in this case, but the government has consistently responded with a blanket denial of the defense request,” Coombs wrote in the partially redacted filing. ... The filing also sheds light on other likely avenues Coombs will use to mitigate or challenge the charges against Manning, including questioning the actions of President Barack Obama and Manning’s betrayer, Adrian Lamo. ... Coombs’ filing also addresses issues around Manning’s alleged mistreatment in prison, asking the government to hand over copies of all audio and video surveillance of the visitation booths at the Marine Corps brig in Quantico, Virginia, and at Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas, where Manning was moved earlier this year. Coombs requested a video the military apparently took of Manning when he was ordered to surrender his clothing while in custody earlier at Quantico. More at wired.com
UPDATE at AntiWarRadio: Jeff Patterson December 1, 2011: Jeff Paterson, Project Director of Courage to Resist, discusses whistleblower Bradley Manning’s December 16th court hearing, his first after a year and a half long pretrial detention; Manning’s lawyer’s complaints about the government’s refusal to disclose evidence; the life-sentence facing Manning for allegedly leaking information embarrassing – but not harmful – to the government and military; how Manning’s treatment at the Quantico Marine brig clearly violated the UCMJ; and how you can donate to Manning’s legal defense and/or participate in a demonstration supporting him at Fort Meade on December 16th and 17th. LISTEN NOW HERE (mp3)
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,483 US Military Dead as of Dec 1, 2011
AFGHANISTAN: 1,848 US Military Dead as of Dec 1, 2011
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. See Politifact Statements ABC News 'This Week'
• Rick Santorum
• Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass.
• actress Angelina Jolie
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, Democratic strategist Donna Brazile, AOL Huffington Post's Arianna Huffington, and Major Garrett of National Journal.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Robert Gibbs, Obama campaign adviser
• Reince Priebus, chairman of the Republican National Committee
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• Prosecuting Wall Street - Two whistleblowers tell Steve Kroft that their warnings about fraudulent and substandard mortgages were ignored by their companies, offering a rare window into the root causes of the subprime mortgage meltdown still holding back the struggling U.S economy. James Jacoby is the producer.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish. See their website MeetTheFacts.com updating soon!
• Obama re-elect chief strategist David Axelrod
• RNC Chair Reince Priebus
• ROUNDTABLE: Publisher of the New Hampshire Union Leader Joe McQuaid, the BBC's Katty Kay, Fmr. Rep. Harold Ford, Jr. (D-TN) and TIME's Mark Halperin
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) Our special coverage begins at 9 a.m EST on CNN with the dedication beginning at 11 a.m. EST.
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas)
• Rep. Michele Bachmann
• Sen. John McCain (R-Arizona)
• "Expert" Panel: Alice Rivlin, Douglas Holtz-Eakin, and Ron Brownstein.
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
• Front Porch Friday!!!!! Bob wraps up the week! Listen now HERE (mp3)!
Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - December 1, 2011 IN TIN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Newt makes stuff up; Historic drought in TX now worst in a century; This week's newest oil spill, now in CO; Extreme weather disasters will cost even more due to global warming; One step forward, two steps back in UN climate negotiations; PLUS: House GOP wins another courageous battle in the fight against imaginary regulations ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): In spite of Solyndra, military solar project a GO; How to slash CA's greenhouse gas emissions by 2050; Abrupt climate change possible from melting permafrost; Study: Renewables can reduce pollution at no cost to the economy; Running dry on the Great Plains; Algae bloom baffles scientists; Study Shows Worse Picture of Meltdown in Japan ... PLUS: The end of world as we know it: a surprisingly uplifting documentary... and much, MUCH more!
BRADCAST UPDATE: Brad LIVE on KPFK every Wednesday 3:30 pm pt OccupyLA Live-Streamers 'OakFoShow' and 'OccupyFreedomLA' Join Me In-Studio on KPFK...
Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Live! Weekly on KGO PBC Live! Weekly on KGO Your humble host has been remiss in keeping you apprised of his other media activities. Since February, I’ve been hosting a regular weekly show on KGO, the leading San Francisco talk station with a huge coverage area–at night, you can hear it anywhere on the West Coast. TFN (till further notice), you can hear me every Friday night–or, more precisely, Saturday morning, from 1-5 am (PDT) on 810-AM or streaming at www.kgoradio.com. If you’d like to be alerted each week, sign up on Facebook as a fan of “Peter B. Collins Show” or you can follow me on Twitter, @pbcsf
• PBC Podcast 320 Boiling Frogs: Andrew Gavin Marshall, Part 1 of New World Order Series This is part 1 of our interview series on the New World Order, part of the Boiling Frogs interview series, co-hosted with Sibel Edmonds.
• PBC Podcast 321 Boiling Frogs: F. William Engdahl, Part 2 of New World Order Series This is Part 2 of our interview series on the New World Order, part of the Boiling Frogs interview series, co-hosted with Sibel Edmonds
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! December 2, 2011
• This week on Ring of Fire: best-selling author Thomas Frank joins us to talk about how the federal government can help put Americans back to work.
• Chris Mooney, author of The Republican War on Science, will tell us about the latest study confirming that Fox News viewers are still the most misinformed.
• Author Greg Palast will discuss the oil industry vultures that are fighting over the remains of Alaska’s oil fields.
• Frances Beinecke, the president of the NRDC, will be joining us to discuss an under-reported side effect of climate change: The effects it will have on human health.
• And activist Jesse LaGreca will be here to give us the latest developments with Occupy Wall Street.
• VIDEO! Sam Seder: The Problem of Republican Stupidity Both the mainstream media and the Republican Party have been going down the drain for decades. And if you turn on network news or tune into the Sunday morning political pundit shows, you’ve probably noticed that the problems with the media and the GOP are not getting any better. In fact, about the only word you could use to describe both, is “stupid.” Sam Seder discusses the problems that arise from this stupidity with Eric Alterman, Professor of Journalism at the CUNY Graduate School of Journalism and contributing writer for The Nation.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: The Dimwit Republican Circus Freaks March Again Mike Papantonio appears on MSNBC’s The Ed Show to discuss a Republican campaign season that has brought us: Donald Trump telling us Obama wasn’t born in America. Gingrich’s $500,000 credit line at Tiffany’s. Rick Perry’s lack of knowledge on every issue. Michele Bachmann’s “pray away the gay” clinic and her chronic mythomania. Mitt Romney’s flip flops. Herman Cain’s endless trail of sexual trysts. These people are making George Bush look like Dwight Eisenhower
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• Thomas Frank on his books Pity the Billionaire & What’s the Matter with Kansas, Occupy Wall Street and More [11•28•11]
• David Segal of Demand Progress on the PROTECT IP Act & SOPA (Stop Online Piracy Act) [11•29•11]
• Jeff Madrick on the European debt crisis, crony capitalism + more! [11•30•11]
• Tina Dupuy's First Hand Account of the Occupy LA Eviction [11•30•11]
• Sarah Jaffe on Student Debt and Possible Future Debt Strike [12•01•11]
• Cliff Schecter and Sam Seder discuss the GOP Candidates, OWS & more! [12•02•11]
MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityreport.official.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• NEW! MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• “Issues that should be decided in open court are being decided in back rooms in Washington.” by maxkeiser. READ Internet now a ‘surveillance machine’: Julian Assange (nationalpost)
• Ye Olde Debtor’s Prison by maxkeiser. READ America's Modern-Day Debtor's Prison (theatlantic)
• Wall Street has been taken over by sociopaths – Propublica READ Wall Street Is Already Occupied The financial industry has strayed far from being an intermediary between companies that want to raise capital so they can sell people things they want. Instead, it is a machine to enrich itself, fleecing customers and exacerbating inequality. When it goes off the rails, it impoverishes the rest of us. When the crises come, as they inevitably do, banks hold the economy hostage, warning that they will shoot us in the head if we don’t bail them out. “There have been repeated fines and malfeasance at literally all the investment banks, but it doesn’t seem to affect their behavior much,” he said. “So I have to conclude it is part of strategy as simple cost/benefit analysis, that fines and legal costs are a small price to pay for the profits.
• VIDEO! Max Keiser on Europe’s Brave New Debt by maxkeiser. Technocrat governments, like the ones in Italy and Greece, will not provide any solutions to the ongoing eurozone crisis, claims financial analyst Max Keiser. Instead, as Keiser told RT, they will only drag Europe into deeper recession. “You have to understand, this is a systemic problem that requires a total re-architecting of the system and a total execution, in one way or another, of these banksters that are just predatory leeches; a cancer on the system”, said the host of RT’s Keiser Report.
• KEISER REPORT [KR216] Keiser Report: Kleptocrats Go for Gold We discuss lunatics for Italian gold and another failed debt auction in Germany. In the second half of the show, Max talks to Mark O’Byrne of Goldcore.com about the European debt crisis and Ireland’s gold.
• KEISER REPORT [KR217] Keiser Report: Überdebten We discuss Überdebten, financial eugenics and secret Fed loans. In the second half of the show, Max talks to Karl Denninger about MF Global, pepper spraying banksters and Occupy Wall Street.
• KEISER REPORT[KR218] Keiser Report: Big Bazookas, Dead Whistleblowers & Hanging Paulson Metaphorically speaking, of course. We also discuss big bazookas, Pol Pot and dead whistleblowers. In the second half of the show, Max talks to Jon Thorisson about the new Eva Joly Institute and Iceland’s ongoing fight for justice.
• ON THE EDGE [OTE132] On the Edge with Dan Collins of The China Money Report This guy, Dan Collins, has a great new site, The China Money Report, which covers all the local news in China, especially gold and silver!
• ON THE EDGE [OTE134] On the Edge with Yanis Varoufakis We interview David DeGraw
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1227] The Truth About a Paris Cafe Stacy Summary: Truth About Markets from Prague. 26 November 2011. FYI, tomorrow I will be posting the live Truth About Markets from last week in London. Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Marcy Wheeler December 1, 2011: Blogger Marcy Wheeler discusses the McCain-Levin and Udall amendments to the Defense Authorization Act; how the Supreme Court allowed American citizens to be labeled “enemy combatants” and subject to indefinite detention by the Hamdi decision in 2004; why a more restrictive – or revoked – Iraq War AUMF (as proposed by Rand Paul) would more effectively protect citizens than the Udall amendment; why “enhanced interrogation” may be making a (legalized) comeback; and the Obama administration’s opposition to language in the Act that limits Executive power and “flexibility.”
• Jeb Sprague December 2, 2011: Jeb Sprague, author of Paramilitarism and the Assault on Democracy in Haiti, discusses his article “WikiLeaks Reveal: U.S. and UN Officials Oversaw Integration of Ex-Army Paramilitaries into Haiti’s Police Force ;” a brief overview of Haiti’s history, from colonial slave state to current times; Aristide’s democratic election following “Papa Doc” and “Baby Doc” Duvalier dictatorships; and how international aid agencies have destroyed Haiti’s domestic rice production and spread cholera.
• Trevor Timm December 2, 2011: Trevor Timm, Activist at the Electronic Frontier Foundation, discusses his article “Cablegate One Year Later: How WikiLeaks Has Influenced Foreign Policy, Journalism, and the First Amendment ;” how the WikiLeaks revelation of an Iraqi family’s massacre by US soldiers (and the attempted coverup with an airstrike) hastened the end of the war; why WikiLeaks deserves some credit for the Arab Spring, especially in Tunisia; who is and who isn’t bound by government classified documents; and the grand jury convened to indict WikiLeaks and Julian Assange for somehow violating the Espionage Act of 1917.
• James Bovard December 2, 2011: James Bovard, author of Attention Deficit Democracy, discusses his article “Dying to Corrupt Afghanistan;” Hamid Karzai’s empty promises of reform as Afghanistan claims the title of most corrupt government in the world; Mitt Romney’s eager prostrating to the military in a time when “support the troops” has exempted the whole institution from public reproach; and why it’s no coincidence every country the US is about to go to war with has a (supposedly) crazy ruler who can’t be negotiated with.
Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Michele Bachmann
• Kent Conrad, D-N.D.
• Tom Coburn, R-Okla.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml