Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER! XMAS EDITION! Happy Holidays to all! Winter Solstice has come and gone and Christmas is here! But no amount of praying to supernatural gods will erase THE FACT of the Dai Ichi Fukushima tsunami/earthquake DISASTER and its millennial consequences. DAIACHI FUKUSHIMA UPDATE: READ this Report: 45 tons of highly radioactive water leaked from Fukushima the plant's owner, the Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO), announced recently that a purification mechanism has leaked at least 45 tons of highly radioactive water, some of which ended up flowing directly into the ocean. ... But according to information posted on TEPCO's website, a decontamination device that had been purifying radioactive cooling water sprung a leak, which sent at least 45 tons of highly radioactive water outside the containment facility. Cracked concrete also allowed some of that water to leak into a gutter that drains directly into nearby ocean waters . And this recent story from the DailyMail.co.uk Japanese tsunami debris washes up on U.S. West Coast nine months after disaster (and there's 100 MILLION more tons on its way) Large black floats are the first remnants of Japan's devastating earthquake and tsunami to begin washing up on the American coastline. The debris traveled 4,500 miles on Pacific Ocean currents, pushed by wind and water, to reach the beaches of Neah Bay in far northwestern Washington state 280 days after the Japanese disaster. Some 100 million tons of debris -- from wrecked fishing vessels to household furniture and even body parts -- is bearing down on the West Coast, raising environmental fears about the impact of massive amounts of wreckage clogging beaches. ... Body parts are also expected to wash up on US shores, the Daily News reported. The Sacramento Bee reports Medical Journal Article: 14,000 U.S. Deaths Tied to Fukushima Impact Seen As Roughly Comparable to Radiation-Related Deaths After Chernobyl; Infants Are Hardest Hit, With Continuing Research Showing Even Higher Possible Death Count. WASHINGTON, Dec. 19, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- An estimated 14,000 excess deaths in the United States are linked to the radioactive fallout from the disaster at the Fukushima nuclear reactors in Japan, according to a major new article in the December 2011 edition of the International Journal of Health Services. This is the first peer-reviewed study published in a medical journal documenting the health hazards of Fukushima.Authors Joseph Mangano and Janette Sherman note that their estimate of 14,000 excess U.S. deaths in the 14 weeks after the Fukushima meltdowns is comparable to the 16,500 excess deaths in the 17 weeks after the Chernobyl meltdown in 1986. The rise in reported deaths after Fukushima was largest among U.S. infants under age one. The 2010-2011 increase for infant deaths in the spring was 1.8 percent, compared to a decrease of 8.37 percent in the preceding 14 weeks.The IJHS article will be published Tuesday and will be available online as of 11 a.m. EST at http://www.radiation.org. Just six days after the disastrous meltdowns struck four reactors at Fukushima on March 11, scientists detected the plume of toxic fallout had arrived over American shores. Subsequent measurements by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) found levels of radiation in air, water, and milk hundreds of times above normal across the U.S. The highest detected levels of Iodine-131 in precipitation in the U.S. were as follows (normal is about 2 picocuries I-131 per liter of water): Boise, ID (390); Kansas City (200); Salt Lake City (190); Jacksonville, FL (150); Olympia, WA (125); and Boston, MA (92). Epidemiologist Joseph Mangano, MPH MBA, said: "This study of Fukushima health hazards is the first to be published in a scientific journal. It raises concerns, and strongly suggests that health studies continue, to understand the true impact of Fukushima in Japan and around the world. Findings are important to the current debate of whether to build new reactors, and how long to keep aging ones in operation."Mangano is executive director, Radiation and Public Health Project, and the author of 27 peer-reviewed medical journal articles and letters. Internist and toxicologist Janette Sherman, MD, said: "Based on our continuing research, the actual death count here may be as high as 18,000, with influenza and pneumonia, which were up five-fold in the period in question as a cause of death. Deaths are seen across all ages, but we continue to find that infants are hardest hit because their tissues are rapidly multiplying, they have undeveloped immune systems, and the doses of radioisotopes are proportionally greater than for adults." Dr. Sherman is an adjunct professor, Western Michigan University, and contributing editor of "Chernobyl - Consequences of the Catastrophe for People and the Environment" published by the NY Academy of Sciences in 2009, and author of "Chemical Exposure and Disease and Life's Delicate Balance - Causes and Prevention of Breast Cancer."The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issues weekly reports on numbers of deaths for 122 U.S. cities with a population over 100,000, or about 25-30 percent of the U.S. In the 14 weeks after Fukushima fallout arrived in the U.S. (March 20 to June 25), deaths reported to the CDC rose 4.46 percent from the same period in 2010, compared to just 2.34 percent in the 14 weeks prior. Estimated excess deaths during this period for the entire U.S. are about 14,000. EDITOR'S NOTE: A streaming audio replay of a related news event will be available on the Web at http://www.radiation.org as of 4 p.m. EST/2100 GMT on December 19, 2011. Embargoed copies of the medical journal article are available by contacting Ailis Aaron Wolf, (703) 276-3265 or email@example.com. SOURCE Joseph Mangano and Janette Sherman, International Journal of Health Services Our intrepid watcher of U.S. corporonews (so you don't have to) geaux opines
- Just heard on CNN, your trusted name in news: Dr. Gupta, replacing Anderson Cooper, just had a report about a country with a revered leader. The controlled media completely manipulates the message about this man. According to the made up accounts, he was born in adversity. As a young man, the story goes, he was always ahead of the curve. People are led to believe that he wrote many books, but not even this is true. Citizens are forced to believe totally ridiculous stories about the power and almost god-like features of the leader. People thank him in tears for anything good that happens to them.
- START. Go to Thomas Registry and FIND THESE BILLS. SHARE your findings below! From here you can now find out WHO voted FOR these billls! ESPECIALLY YOUR U.S. House Representative in YOUR DISTRICT. (Watch out - many districts have been redrawn for 2012)
- Next LINE UP THESE VOTES for YOUR DISTRICT's Rep(s) chronologically. Some of us live in districts where we've had the same Rep for years or decades while many may have had Reps that got retired? chose not to run again? overtaken by a teabagger? became a lobbyist? retired to "write a book"? or "spend time with familiy"? or is in prison? died? - so make sure you write down any name changes. If you've moved then try to think back where you were voting in those years
- Now here's where it gets good. Once you've IDENTIFIED and PLACED yer congrescritters in this melee IN SEQUENTIAL ORDER you now have a PRETTY GOOD INDICTMENT AGAINST (or FOR) YOUR rep's RE-ELECTION. Some of us actually live in districts where our reps actually voted AGAINST these 1% giveaways and are still in office! And they deserve access to YOUR "oppo research" so SHARE this info with your Rep and get involved with their campaign!
- SHARE THIS INFO. Brick TeeVee has TWO posts you can save your info Brick TeeVee's Party of The Rich Bills! & Brick TeeVee's Party of The Rich by District! Add your info!
IMAGINE PEACE. War is over. If you want it.
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
»»» BRADLEY MANNING UPDATE @ Democracy NOW! Bradley Manning Hearing: Alleged WikiLeaks Whistleblower in Military Court, 19 Months After Arrest AND Adrian Lamo, Bradley Manning Informant, Defends Role in Turning in Alleged WikiLeaks Whistleblower and Bradley Manning Faces Life Sentence, While Criminals WikiLeaks Exposed Have Suffered No Consequences–Glenn Greenwald Dec 19, 2011 PLUS Bradley Manning’s Defense Strategy on Display as Military Prosecutors Rest Case in Pretrial Hearing AND Iraq Combat Veteran Dan Choi Forcibly Ousted, Barred from Bradley Manning Hearing at Ft. Meade Dec 21, 2011 AND As Bradley Manning Hearing Concludes, Military Prosecutors Say WikiLeaks Disclosures Aided al-Qaeda Dec 23, 2011
»»» Glenn Greenwald @ Democracy NOW! Obama Prepares to Authorize Indefinite Detention of U.S. Citizens for First Time Since McCarthy Era–Glenn Greenwald on NDAA Dec 19, 2011
»»» Chung-in Moon, professor of political science at Yonsei University in Seoul & Christine Ahn, executive director of the Korea Policy Institute @ Democracy NOW! The Death of Kim Jong-il and the Future of U.S. Relations with the Two Koreas Dec 20, 2011
»»» Democracy Now! reporter Ryan Devereaux @ Democracy NOW! Occupy Protesters Shut Down Major West Coast Ports, Targeting Goldman Sachs Dec 20, 2011
»»» Tim McGirk @ Democracy NOW! In Exiting Iraq, U.S. Military Discards Trove of Found Documents on 2005 Haditha Massacre of Iraqis Dec 21, 2011
»»» Nick Baumann, Mother Jones magazine @ Democracy NOW! With Indefinite Detention Measure, Has Congress Also Expanded Rendition of U.S. Citizens Abroad? Dec 22, 2011
»»» Randy Parraz, president of Citizens for a Better Arizona & Stephen Lemons of the Phoenix New Times @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Ariz. Sheriff Joe Arpaio: Mounting Storm of Anti-Latino Bias, Prisoner Abuse, Sex-Crimes Negligence Dec 22, 2011
»»» Margaret Chin, New York City Council member (District 1) & Banny Chen, first cousin of Danny Chen WATCH NOW U.S. Troops Charged After Fellow GI, Hazing Victim Danny Chen Found Dead in Afghanistan Dec 23, 2011
»»» Greg Gordon, investigative reporter for McClatchy Newspapers’ Washington, D.C. bureau & Peter Stone, reporter at the Center for Public Integrity @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Newt Gingrich’s Campaign Resurgence Funded by Secretive Coterie of Super PACs, Wealthy Backers Dec 23, 2011
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW Singing the Recall Carol in Wisconsin Solidarity singers faced down a new set of state policies intended to regulate and put a price on assembly and free speech at the Wisconsin state capitol, Monday.
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» Football Night in America on NBC Bears @ Packers! Kickoff at 8:20 pm et
»»» Monday Night Football on ESPN Falcons @ Saints! Kickoff at 8:30 pm et
»»» Welcome Back NBA! Christmas Day 5-game special on TNT, ABC and ESPN! Check your local listings!
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
The 1st Amendment is Our Permit WASHINGTON - October 14 - This is an emergency appeal. Spread it widely. Our permit to occupy is called “The First Amendment.” This morning, Occupy Wall Street protesters celebrated when New York authorities beat a last-minute retreat from clearing Liberty Plaza – as hundreds of labor and other activists rushed to defend the square. But at the same time this morning, dozens of state troopers in riot gear cleared out Occupy Denver protests. In cities across the country, Occupy protesters have faced police violence and arrests. Some occupations have been forcibly removed while others have stood their ground successfully. The authorities say we don’t have the proper permits to occupy public spaces. Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms “the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”
When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
October2011.org October 2011 is the 10th anniversary of the invasion of Afghanistan and the beginning of the 2012 federal austerity budget. It is time to light the spark that sets off a true democratic, nonviolent transition to a world in which people are freed to create just and sustainable solutions. Take this pledge at October2011.org
- "I pledge that if any U.S. troops, contractors, or mercenaries remain in Afghanistan on Thursday, October 6, 2011, as that occupation goes into its 11th year, I will commit to being in Freedom Plaza in Washington, D.C., with others on that day or the days immediately following, for as long as I can, with the intention of making it our Tahrir Square, Cairo, our Madison, Wisconsin, where we will NONVIOLENTLY resist the corporate machine by occupying Freedom Plaza to demand that America's resources be invested in human needs and environmental protection instead of war and exploitation. We can do this together. We will be the beginning."
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.org SOPA If you've been living under an Internet-free rock the past couple of weeks, you might have managed to miss the steady drumbeat of opposition to HR 3261, the so-called Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA). Then again, if you've been living under an Internet-free rock, you've already had a preview of what we're facing if SOPA goes into effect. AmericanCensorship.org has pulled together an infographic that explains in very basic terms the services and sites that are at greatest risk from SOPA here: Infographic: Effects of the Internet Blacklist Bill (SOPA). More info at American Censorship Day READ Internet Censorship: Not Today, Not Tomorrow SIGN NOW! Internet censorship is coming to America. It’s in the form of a bill in Congress that gives corporations unprecedented power to blacklist websites at will. If passed, the “Stop Online Piracy Act,” or SOPA (HR 3261), could rip apart the open fabric of the Internet. People could see their websites disappear from the Internet for a “crime” as innocent as posting a video of themselves singing along to a favorite song. Sign this petition NOW! Keep BTV and YOUR blog alive! Listen to Sam Seder with Tim Karr of Free Press on Net Neutrality [11•10•11] UPDATE: Bypass SOPA (Stop Online Piracy Act) DNS Blocking with DeSopa 1.1 A new anti-SOPA add-on for Firefox, titled “DeSopa” is such a counter measure.When installed, users can click a single button to resolve a blocked domain via foreign DNS servers, bypassing all domestic DNS blockades and allowing the user to browse the site though the bare IP-address (if supported).“I feel that the general public is not aware of the gravity of SOPA and Congress seems like they are about to cater to the special interests involved, to the detriment of Internet, for which I and many others live and breathe,” DeSopa developer T Rizk told....
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net And Alan Grayson is running again in FL-8! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org UPDATE! Manning-Lamo Chat Logs Revealed at wired.com plus The Deeply Personal Details in New Bradley Manning Chat Logs and Bradley Manning Support Network Much more at link.
UPDATE! DANIEL ELLSBERG on Countdown CURRENT TV - Activist Daniel Ellsberg weighs in on the importance of WikiLeaks suspect Bradley Manning’s case Keith and Daniel Ellsberg, Pentagon Papers whistleblower and author/activist, discuss the meaning of the Bradley Manning case—Manning is the Army intelligence analyst at the heart of the WikiLeaks controversy. Ellsberg claims that President Barack Obama is setting a precedent by allowing Manning to be charged under the Espionage Act. “The life sentence that he is facing is clearly to break him [Manning] down to incriminate Julian Assange,” says Ellsberg.
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,484 US Military Dead as of Dec 17, 2011
AFGHANISTAN: 1,857 US Military Dead as of Dec 17, 2011
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. See Politifact Statements ABC News 'This Week'
• "This Week" anchor Christiane Amanpour examines the key events in "The Year in the World."
• ROUNDTABLE: Council on Foreign Relations president Richard Haass and U.S. Institute of Peace fellow Robin Wright, the author of "Rock the Casbah: Rage and Rebellion Across the Islamic World."
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• 2011 year in review
• ROUNDTABLE: Chief White House Correspondent Norah O'Donnell, Congressional Correspondent Nancy Cordes, National Security Correspondent David Martin, Justice and Homeland Security Correspondent Bob Orr, Senior Business Correspondent Anthony Mason, Correspondent Elizabeth Palmer and Political Director John Dickerson.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• The Library - No one is allowed to borrow a book from the Vatican Library except the pope. And no wonder: the archive holds some of the oldest and most precious works of art and treasure known to man. Morley Safer and "60 Minutes" cameras get to see the best of the best. David Browning is the producer.
• Mount Athos - Bob Simon steps back in time when he gets rare access to monks in ancient monasteries on a remote Greek peninsula who have lived a Spartan life of prayer in a tradition virtually unchanged for a thousand years. Cameras capture the monastic life, including chanting, prayers, rituals, and the priceless relics and icons from the Byzantine Empire stored on The Holy Mountain, Mt. Athos. Harry Radliffe and Michael Karzis are the producers.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish. See their website MeetTheFacts.com updating soon!
• Special Christmas Edition: Morial, Friedman, Brokaw, Parker
• ROUNDTABLE: NBC Special Correspondent Tom Brokaw, New York Times columnist and author Thomas Friedman, Washington Post columnist Kathleen Parker and former mayor of New Orleans, now president of the National Urban League, Marc Morial. Plus a special Christmas Day reflection from the Archbishop Emeritus of Washington, DC
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) Joe Johns fills in
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Foreign Relations Committee Ranking Member Sen. Dick Lugar (R-Indiana)
• The Hill’s A.B. Stoddard and CNN Senior Political Analyst Ron Brownstein.
• previously unseen portion of our interview with former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
• PRAYER MEETIN' WEDNESDAY!!!!! Coincidentally broadcast on Winter Solstice Eve! Listen now HERE (mp3)! AND Front Porch Friday!!!!! Bob wraps up the week! Listen NOW HERE (mp3)!
Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE! And join Coal River Mountain Watch at www.crmw.net!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - December 22, 2011 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Breaking: More aid to Africa for drought/famine relief; Good year-end news for anyone who breathes: new rules to clean up toxic mercury and arsenic from coal plants; 30k Chinese 'occupy' to protest coal plants; Meet today's World's Newest Oil Spill, now in Nigeria; PLUS: Um... "explosive" trends in a melting Arctic ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): House GOP earns ‘Worst Environmental Record Of Any Congress’; Record TX drought kills 500m trees; Genetic mutations in farm-raised salmon; New material breakthrough could double solar efficiency - with cheap plastic; Seattle bans plastic bags; Keystone XL would ship oil to China; USDA deregulates Monsanto GMO seed; Top clean energy stories of 2011 ... PLUS: Don't paint it black: US researchers invent paint-on solar cells ... and much, MUCH more! ...
BRADCAST UPDATE: Brad sits in AGAIN on the Mike Malloy Show Friday! FRI 12/23: TONIGHT: A VERY MERRY Christmas Show tonight! Trust me!
• A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS SHOW! Man alive do we have a ton of good (and some less-than-good) news stories to, happily, cover tonight! Including, but not limited to, the voter fraud-charged GOP Sec. of State being ordered removed in IN yesterday; the DoJ's rejection today of SC's voter suppression law; the findings of flawed op-scan ballot machines in OH; the GOP folding in their attempt to raise taxes on 160 million Americans; Arrests in violent assaults on "Recall Walker" workers; news about Progressive radio staying on air in San Francisco; long-overdue new EPA rules to curb pollution and much more!
• LORI COMPAS, the leading organizer of WI's "Recall Fitzgerald" campaign, demanding an apology from state Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald who inaccurately claimed that she and her fellow petitioners were committing fraud in their signature gathering efforts to have him recalled along with Gov. Scott Walker.
• PLUS! Everything else that's on your minds, via your calls over your public airwaves at 877-520-1150 and your tweets to @TheBradBlog!...
AND BRAD on Thom Hartman's THE BIG PICTURE Tuesday Tea Party Tax Increase about 15-20 minutes in! go look!
Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Live! Weekly on KGO PBC Live! Weekly on KGO Your humble host has been remiss in keeping you apprised of his other media activities. Since February, I’ve been hosting a regular weekly show on KGO, the leading San Francisco talk station with a huge coverage area–at night, you can hear it anywhere on the West Coast. TFN (till further notice), you can hear me every Friday night–or, more precisely, Saturday morning, from 1-5 am (PDT) on 810-AM or streaming at www.kgoradio.com. If you’d like to be alerted each week, sign up on Facebook as a fan of “Peter B. Collins Show” or you can follow me on Twitter, @pbcsf
• PBC Podcast 337 Convicted Superlobbyist Jack Abramoff Hangs Up Mid-Interview, Rather than Apologizing to Native American Leader Jack Abramoff’s rehabilitation media tour hit the rocks today, as he abruptly hung up and ended the interview rather than talk with Tom Rodgers of the Blackfoot Nation.
• PBC Podcast 339 Progressives Have a Choice: Meet Jill Stein, Green Party Presidential Candidate Dr. Jill Stein is the leading presidential candidate for the Green Party for 2012. In this wide-ranging interview, she makes a strong impression as a smart, well-informed progressive.
• PBC Podcast 340 Back Story on Syria: Sibel Edmonds and Journalist Pepe Escobar Cutting through the disinformation and spin, Sibel Edmonds and Pepe Escobar reveal back stories about the conflict in Syria that are not reported in the mainstream media.
• Holiday Break and Website Changes
- To my valued listeners: We are on a holiday break until the first week of January. You have my warm holiday wishes and best for the New Year. If you are in the Bay Area, I will be on KGO 810 AM 12/24 from 8-11am and 1/7 from 11am to 2pm. Others can catch the stream at kgoradio.com. We are making some changes to the website and our terms, effective in January. We will continue to offer free podcasts–my new daily news and commentary. Our in-depth interviews will be available for $1 per episode, or to subscribers who pay $5 per month or more. Loyal listeners who simply can’t afford it should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, as we will be offering a limited number of scholarships to our friends who are hurting during these tough times. More information will be posted as we complete the revisions. I’m grateful to each of you for listening and supporting this work, and hope that the new model will enable us to keep it going well into the future. All the best, -pbc
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on The Best of Ring of Fire! December 23, 2011
• Actor, comedian, and documentary filmmaker Harry Shearer will join us to talk about his new documentary “The Big Uneasy.
• Author Frank Schaeffer will join us to talk about the radical right wing evangelicals who have helped shape Michelle Bachmann’s worldview.
• We’ll be talking with new MSNBC host Chris Hayes about how the gross income inequality in America is finally starting to hurt the elite on Wall Street.
• Robert Weissman, the president of Public Citizen, will be here to talk about how government regulations are helping to save American lives.
• Author Chris Mooney will talk with us about the continuing assault on climate science that has now infiltrated our school system.
• And political strategist and author Mike Lux will be here to tell us why our current economic policies are leading America to ruin.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Corporate Courts Will Aid GOP Voter Suppression Mike Papantonio appears on MSNBC’s The Ed Show to discuss how the GOP’s voter suppression efforts are going to be aided by the corrupt corporate court system in America. Papantonio: Why The Occupy Movement Needs Your Support Mike Papantonio talks with activist Jesse LaGreca about the meaning behind the Occupy Movement, and what the movement is ultimately hoping to accomplish.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: Wall Street’s Secret Government One of the main issues that the Occupy Movement has with Wall Street bankers is that they took billions of dollars in bailout money from the federal government, and rather than using that money to create jobs, they used it to pay themselves record-breaking bonuses. But that’s just the beginning of the story. Thanks to a recent Freedom of Information Act request, the public now has access to records showing that the federal government did even more for Wall Street bankers than was previously thought. Mike Papantonio talks about the secret deals that took place between the federal government and Wall Street with Les Leopold, author of the book “The Looting of America.”
• Support Those Who Support Progressive Media! 2011 has certainly been a great year for Ring of Fire, and we’ve had some great sponsors that have helped support the show throughout the year. We wanted to take the time to personally thank each and every one of them, and we encourage all of our listeners to take the time to support those who have support us.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 7 pm ct on Chicago's Progressive Talk WCPT AM & FM and 4 pm et on Sirius/XM 167 featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• David Graeber, one of the original Occupy Wall Street organizers, on Debt: the First 5,000 Years, OWS & D12 [12•12•11]
• Jason Benlevi on Our Digital Life: How We're Changing and Who Benefits? [12•19•11]
• Brian Beutler of Talking Points Memo on the Payroll Tax Cut Fiasco [12•21•11]
• Digby on Ron Paul, Libertarianism & the 2012 Elections [12•22•11]
• An Update from Occupy New Hampshire! [12•22•11]]
MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityreport.official.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• NEW! MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• In fact, Europe is not the basket case many believe by maxkeiser. READ You Want The Truth? You CAN Handle The Truth! (zerohedge)
• MUST READ: Trustee to Seize and Liquidate the Customer Gold and Silver Bullion From MF Global by maxkeiser. READ Trustee to Seize and Liquidate the Customer Gold and Silver Bullion From MF Global (Jesse's Crossroads Cafe)
• VIDEO! GIABOzilla II: The Keiser Report Occupies JP Morgan by maxkeiser.
• LEAKED REPORT: David Cameron was warned that bankers are, in fact, undermining the UK economy by “actually destroying value for the UK investor at least as fast as the stock market can create it” by stacyherbert. We should applaud this for now these bankers have more of our wealth to trickle back down upon us. But as Max Keiser says, “you can’t have capitalism without capital!” READ LEAKED REPORT: David Cameron was warned that bankers are, in fact, undermining the UK economy by “actually destroying value for the UK investor at least as fast as the stock market can create it” (Guardian UK)
• KEISER REPORT [KR224] Keiser Report: Exotic pet banking fraudsters We discuss central banks and governments ‘saving the day’ and hostage taking paper silver markets and gold for bonds in Japan. In the second half of the show, Max talks to Satyajit Das, author of Extreme Money, about the European debt crisis.
• KEISER REPORT [KR255] (They mean KR225) Keiser Report: Victims of Banking Terrorists This week we discuss virtual dollars and American plots and tinned goods and small-caliber weapons. In the second half of the show, Max talks to Detlev Schlichter about elastic money and financial crises.
• KEISER REPORT [KR226] Keiser Report: Capitalism Without Capital? After after revealing that the Lizard King is back, we discuss the radical redistribution of gold and silver property in the US and the radical experiment in the UK to have capitalism without capital. In the second half of the show, Max talks to Professor Steve Keen about the UK’s financial sector debt which is at least 4 times as large as US financial sector debt before the global financial crisis began.
• KEISER REPORT [KR227] Keiser Report – Merry X-Max & Happy New GIABO
• ON THE EDGE Euro crisis-On the Edge with Max Keiser-12-09-2011 Guest: Greg Hunter
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1228] The Truth About Markets – 10 December 2011 Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Tom Engelhardt December 23, 2011: Tom Engelhardt, creator of Tomdispatch.com and author of The United States of Fear, discusses why the US withdrawal from Iraq seemed a lot like defeat, despite the “success” story peddled by Obama; how the ambitious Bush administration, confident of a “cakewalk” victory, never got the “enduring bases” and tens of thousands of permanent occupation soldiers they wanted; a catalog of what the US took home, and what remains behind; Dick Cheney’s reasonable explanation (in 1994) why George H.W. Bush was wise not to go all the way to Baghdad in the Gulf War; how the State Department has become a junior version of the DoD, more interested in war-making than diplomacy; and the militarized transformation of the US, in response to an al-Qaeda terrorist organization that (in its best days) could pull off an attack every few years.
• Marcy Wheeler December 23, 2011: Blogger Marcy Wheeler discusses the conviction of US citizen Tarek Mehanna on material support of terrorism charges, in part for posting “jihadist” videos online; the SCOTUS ruling (Holder v. HLP) that defines “material support” so broadly a lawyer could be arrested for representing alleged terrorist organizations (except those favored by the government, like MEK); whether provisions in the NDAA authorize the indefinite detention of Americans or not; the legal precedents set by the Yaser Hamdi, Jose Padilla and Anwar Al-Awlaki cases; and the ways presidents can avoid judicial review altogether – should a court ever get reacquainted with the Constitution and stop deferring to Executive power.
• Adam Morrow December 21, 2011: IPS News journalist Adam Morrow discusses his article “Muslim Brotherhood Looks Beyond Tahrir;” the Islamic political parties sweeping Egypt’s parliamentary elections; continuing protests from Egyptian liberals, frustrated at getting trounced in the polls; the meeting with US Ambassador Anne Patterson, Senator John Kerry and the Muslim Brotherhood’s Freedom and Justice Party; and whether Egypt’s second-place – and very conservative – Islamic party will inspire more paranoid talk of a burgeoning Islamic caliphate, poised to conquer the world and convert your children.
Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• former presidential candidate, Mike Huckabee
• Archbishop of Washington, Cardinal Donald Wuerl
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml