Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER! Domestic Indefinite Detention With only seven shopping days until x-mas we bet retailers will be sharply discounting all their stuff just to move it off their shelves. Why? So Much For A "Record Black Friday": November Retail Sales Miss Big (zerohedge) Earlier we just got confirmation out of Best Buy that one can not, as expected, offset negative margins with near-infinite volume (as the stock tumbles). Now we get advance retail sales proving that all speculation about a record Black Friday was just that. Oh, and a lie. In short - everything missed. Advance retails sales in November (including Thanksgiving) came at 0.2%, on expectations of 0.6%, and down from a revised 0.6%. Retail sales less autos was 0.2%, half of the expected 0.4%, while ex Auto and Gas also printed at 0.2%, also missing big. So... where did all the money go, aside from generating even more negative profits for retailers, who now have to eat a huge cash hole in addition to everything? Or were speculations that Black Friday was a bust, spot on? Expect lower Q4 GDP revisions based on this data. Next TVNEWSLIES has a New Report Details Conspiracy to Delay, Weaken US Nuclear Safety in Wake of Fukushima “Regulatory Meltdown” Reveals Efforts to Improve Nuclear Safety Undermined by Four NRC Commissioners As part of his ongoing investigation into U.S. nuclear safety since the Fukushima meltdowns, today Rep. Edward J. Markey (D-Mass.), Congress’s leading voice for nuclear safety, released a blockbuster new report that details how four Commissioners at the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) colluded to prevent and then delay the work of the NRC Near-Term Task Force on Fukushima, the entity tasked with making recommendations for improvement to NRC regulations and processes after the Fukushima meltdowns, the worst nuclear disaster in history. The Near-Term Task Force members comprise more than 135 years of collective experience at the NRC, and with full access to expert NRC staff completed a methodical and comprehensive review of NRC’s regulatory system. “The actions of these four Commissioners since the Fukushima nuclear disaster has caused a regulatory meltdown that has left America’s nuclear fleet and the general public at risk,” said Rep. Markey. “Instead of doing what they have been sworn to do, these four Commissioners have attempted a coup on the Chairman and have abdicated their responsibility to the American public to assure the safety of America’s nuclear industry. I call on these four Commissioners to stop the obstruction, do their jobs and quickly move to fully implement the lessons learned from the Fukushima disaster.” A copy of the report “Regulatory Meltdown: How Four Nuclear Regulatory Commissioners Conspired to Delay and Weaken Nuclear Reactor Safety in the Wake of Fukushima” can be found HERE. And you can get more info at Rep. Ed Markey's gov website Dec. 9, 2011: New Report Details Conspiracy to Delay, Weaken US Nuclear Safety in Wake of Fukushima And DENNIS adds FirstEnergy Tells Public One Thing, NRC Another; Nuke Plant Damage More than Previously Admitted Congressman Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) today questioned whether FirstEnergy has been entirely upfront with the people of Ohio over the extent of the damage to the Davis-Besse nuclear power plant. Kucinich requested full public disclosure of all relevant photographs, test results, analyses and reports by FirstEnergy after comparing reassuring public statements made about the damage by FirstEnergy officials to disquieting information received from the NRC during a briefing yesterday for the Congressman’s staff. Descriptions by the NRC, which receives non-public reports from FirstEnergy, revealed that the damage to the Davis-Besse plant is greater than has previously been portrayed in public statements made by FirstEnergy officials. Kucinich called upon FirstEnergy to release all photographs, test results, analyses and reports to the public in order to verify the accuracy of FirstEnergy’s public statements. More at DENNIS'S gov website FirstEnergy Tells Public One Thing, NRC Another; Nuke Plant Damage More than Previously Admitted Jackie Smith at CommonDreams.org Jackie Smith illustrates How Elite Media Strategies Marginalize the Occupy Movement how mass media gets it wrong and perpetuates myths "that political protesters (at least those on the left) are the cause of violence..." and "that reinforce the dominant but incorrect stereotype of protests as violent and dangerous events instill fear and suspicion in public discourse and discourage non-activists from participating in movements. Moreover, the dismissal of previous protest movements and the failure to recognize how past organizing work has advanced the knowledge, skills, networks, and resources available to the Occupy Wall Street protests reinforces the mainstream story line that popular efforts to organize for social change are weak, sporadic, and ineffective. This cynical representation of movements plays into the hands of defenders of the status quo (a.k.a. “the 1%”) by dampening people’s sense that political engagement is potentially effective and therefore worthwhile." Bill Moyers reminds us that repairing American democracy begins with reasserting that corporations do not have the same constitutional rights as citizens. Go to Alternet Moyers: Why 'We The People' Must Triumph Over Corporate Power Excellent! While GOPher guvnors cry "No mo money! Austerity!" comes this report. 30 Major U.S. Corporations Paid More to Lobby Congress Than Income Taxes, 2008-2010 by ASHLEY PORTERO ibtimes.com Citizens for Tax Justice, the sister organization to the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy, reports that 68 of the 265 most consistently profitable Fortune 500 companies did not pay a state corporate income tax during at least one year between 2008 and 2010, while 20 of them paid no taxes at all during that period. "Our report shows these corporations raked in a combined $1.33 trillion in profits in the last three years, and far too many have managed to shelter half or more of their profits from state taxes," Matthew Gardner, Executive Director at the Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy and the report's co-author, said in a statement. "They're so busy avoiding taxes, it's no wonder they're not creating any new jobs."..... Even while dodging most of their state and federal taxes between 2008 and 2010, Verizon (VZ) laid off more than 21,000 U.S. employees, while Boeing, Wells Fargo, General Electric, American Electric Power, and FedEx also let go of thousands of workers. Because companies can be reluctant to make data changes in U.S. employment available, Public Campaign reports it was not able to find up-to-date employment statistics for many of the companies evaluated in the report. Moreover, as it was laying off employees, General Electric gave their top executives a 27 percent pay raise between 2008 and 2010 -- executives received more than $75 million in compensation in 2010. Wells Fargo increased executive pay by a whopping 180 percent, upping executive compensation from $17.8 million in 2008 to almost $50 million in 2010, while Boeing, FedEx and American Electric Power also instituted lavish executive pay raises while laying off thousands of lower-level workers. In fact, 2010 year was a record year for executive compensation. The CEO's of some of the largest U.S. corporations made, on average, $11.4 million in 2010, about 343 times more than workers' median pay, according to an analysis by the American Federation of Labor, the widest gap between executive and employee pay in the world. CEO pay has skyrocketed since 1980, when chief executives were only paid about 42 times more than the average blue collar worker.... Peter Overby at NPR has a not-so-surprising Report: Wealthy 'Elite Donors' Fueling U.S. Politics A tiny percentage of very wealthy Americans funded a relatively large chunk of the 2010 congressional midterm races, continuing a trend that has been growing for two decades, according to a new analysis of political contributions. The Sunlight Foundation, which advocates for transparency in politics and government, found that fewer than 27,000 individuals (out of a population of 307 million) each gave at least $10,000 to federal political campaigns in 2010. Sunlight's report, "The Political One Percent of the One Percent," said these donors combined spent $774 million — 24.3 percent of all money from individuals that went to candidates, PACS, political parties and independent expenditure groups in the 2010 midterms, which swept Republicans into control of the House. "It's the 1 percent of the 1 percent who account for almost a quarter of all individual campaign contributions," says Lee Drutman, a data fellow with Sunlight."We know that money is not equally given by all Americans. There are very few Americans who can afford to write the kind of big checks that candidates depend on. What surprised us when we did this analysis was just how incredibly concentrated this giving was." Looking at the absolute top tier, Drutman says just 17 individuals gave more than $500,000 each. We don't delve into the GOPher looney toons "race" too much but this one pricked our economic CRAZY METER just a bit. Robert Reich explains Newt’s Tax Plan, and Why His Polls Rise the More Outrageous He Becomes First off, Newt’s plan increases the federal budget deficit by about $850 billion – in a single year! ... Increasing the deficit by $850 billion in a single year is beyond the wildest imaginings of the least responsible budget mavens within a radius of three thousand miles from Washington. Imagine what Standard & Poor’s or Moody’s or Fitch would do if it became law. We’d go directly from a triple-A credit rating to triple X – the veritable porn star of fiscal mayhem. Interest on our debt would become larger than most of the rest of the budget.... To put it another way, under Newt’s plan, the total tax bill of the top one-tenth of one percent drops from around 38 percent of their income to around 10 percent. What about low-income households? They get an average tax cut of $63 per year. Oh, I almost forgot: Newt also slashes corporate taxes. I’m not making this up. This might be amusing if Newt were just being old Newt – if this were another infamous hot-air bubble emerging from an always provocative, sometimes clever, often bizarre mind. But it’s the tax plan of the leading candidate for president of one of the two major political parties of the United States. And it comes at a time when America’s super rich are raking in a larger portion of total income and wealth than at any time over the last eighty years, and when their marginal taxes are lower than they’ve been in three decades; a time when the nation’s long-term budget deficit is causing cuts in education and infrastructure which will impair our future and that of our children, and when safety nets and social services are being slashed. ....History is full of strong men with dangerous ideas who gain power when large masses of people are so desperate and disillusioned they’ll follow anyone who offers big, seemingly easy solutions. Let's remember Newt's tea-bag "comrades" currently in the U.S. House and Senate have threatened MULTIPLE TIMES (at near gun-point we add) to SHUT DOWN THE GOVERNMENT over a COMPLETELY FABRICATED U.S. DEFICIT FIASCO (which will happen on its own as the multi-trillion-dollar derivative market comes crashing down first in the EU Zone). And the brain-dead GOPher voters think NEWT "kids should be janitors" GINGRICH should be PRESIDENT? What's the clinical term for holding and wholly believing two diametrically opposed ideas at the same time? We say Vote Rocky Anderson for President 2012! UPDATE on latest GOP threat to shut down government: Senate Passes Budget Bill and Brief Tax Cut Extension The tax cut extension, which lawmakers have been wrangling over for weeks, impacts some 160 million taxpayers, and has been a part of the president’s recent jobs agenda. But the current bill also includes language from Republicans that attempts to require the president to sign off on a controversial oil pipeline that would stretch from Canada to Texas — a move he has said will result in a veto. .. Whether and how the pipeline issue will be resolved by the legislation remains in question. From the AP:
- “The legislation, would require the president to grant a permit, but allows Obama to opt not to do so if he determines that the pipeline is "not in the national interest." One senior administration official said the president would almost certainly refuse to grant a permit. The official was not authorized to speak publicly.
- While local groups including Bold Nebraska want the President to sign the bill helping middle-class families, we also want to be clear he must deny the pipeline permit. ... Action: Call the White House, 202-456-1111, ask President Obama to come to Nebraska and work a day in our boots. Continue to stand with our families and deny the pipeline. Or you can tweet @barackobama work a day in our boots, come to NE and deny risky pipeline.
- IN his inaugural address, President Obama called on us to “reject as false the choice between our safety and our ideals.” We agree. Now, to protect both, he must veto the National Defense Authorization Act that Congress is expected to pass this week. This budget bill — which can be vetoed without cutting financing for our troops — is both misguided and unnecessary: the president already has the power and flexibility to effectively fight terrorism. ...
- Sent to: www.dhs.gov/xutil/contactus.shtm
As someone who could be said to "substantially support al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or associated forces," I am writing to turn myself in under the new NDAA law. Please send a US military brigade, preferably the Marines (semper fi, guys!) to indefinitely detain me. (I'd prefer the Marines because I'm a big fan of Gen. Smedley Butler - and I LOVE Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket. I mean, let's face it, compared to the other services, the Marines are seriously cool.) I suppose you want me to explain what "substantially support" means. Well, I'm wondering about that myself.
If "substantially support" means giving money and weapons, then unfortunately I'm ineligible to be indefinitely detained for life and put up on a military base at the expense of the US taxpayer. Of course, the only reason I haven't given al-Qaeda and the Taliban any money is that they haven't asked. If Bin Laden, who died in December 2001, returned from the grave one more time, dragging his seaweed-covered dialysis machine behind him, and showed up on my doorstep with a begging bowl, I would definitely offer some spare change. And if Mullah Omar ever dropped by for a visit, I would offer him three cups of tea and plenty of sympathy. If he needed a few bucks, well, who am I to refuse charity? He could probably use a clean, shiny new glass eye by now.
If, on the other hand, "substantially support" means to "like" or "cheer for," in the same way I substantially support, say, the Green Bay Packers - who are kicking almost as much ass in the NFL as the Taliban is in Afghanistan - well, then, let me admit that I am a fan of Bin Laden and the Taliban.
The comparison is slightly misleading, because I support the Packers wholeheartedly and unreservedly, whereas I do have some areas of disagreement with Bin Laden and the Taliban. ...
.... Remember, guys, AGGRESSION (invading somebody else's country) is THE SUPREME WAR CRIME and THE SUPREME CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY. It is worse than genocide, worse than torture, worse than gassing people, worse than firebombing cities full of civilians, worse than nuking cities full of civilians. This is not my opinion - it is a fact, i.e. the established position of the profession of international law. Why? Because aggression paves the way to all the other crimes. ...
R.I.P. Christopher Eric Hitchens
13 April 1949 – 15 December 2011
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
U.S. Withdrawal from Iraq: "In Terms of Destroying Iraq, It’s 'Mission Accomplished'" The U.S. military may be leaving Iraq, but the U.S. government is not. The U.S. embassy in Baghdad is the largest in the world, and thousands of private contractors will fill the role of the departing U.S. troops. We begin our coverage of the U.S. withdrawal with Sami Rasouli, the founder and director of the Muslim Peacemaker Teams in Iraq, who joins us from the city of Najaf. Invoking George W. Bush’s infamous declaration after the fall of Baghdad, Rasouli says, "In terms of destroying Iraq, it’s really 'mission accomplished.'"
The Costs of War: Tens of Thousands Dead, Billions Spent, and a Country Torn Apart Over the past nine years, the U.S. invasion and occupation has left a bloody toll on Iraqi civilians and foreign troops. Nearly 4,500 U.S. troops died, and another 32,000 were wounded. An accurate toll of Iraqis killed may never be known. Iraq Body Count says at least 104,000 Iraqi civilians have died, while some studies put have put the death toll at over one million. We speak to Catherine Lutz, Brown University professor and co-director of the "Costs of War" research project at the Watson Institute for International Studies. "The costs have really been staggering," Lutz says. "We know that Congress appropriated $800 billion over the years for the Iraq War. But the true costs, of course, go much farther than that, starting with the people of Iraq, who have lost lives in the hundreds of thousands."
»»» Kate Horner, policy analyst at Friends of the Earth & Bobby Peek, director of groundWork @ Democracy NOW! Climate Activists: Durban Deal is "Very Weak" Agreement, Lacks "Ambition, Equity, Justice" Dec 12, 2011
»»» Pablo Solon, Bolivia’s former ambassador to the United Nations @ Democracy NOW! The Lost Decade: Bolivian Pablo Solón Decries Climate Deal Postponing New Emissions Cuts Until 2020 Dec 12, 2011
»»» Rocky Anderson @ Democracy NOW! Ex-Salt Lake Mayor Rocky Anderson, Former Democrat, Launches Third Party Presidential Bid Against Obama, GOP Dec 13, 2011
»»» Anthony Leviege, a dockworker at the Oakland port and union member of the International Longshore and Warehouse Union & Jorge Gonzalez, national board member of Iraq Veterans Against the War @ Democracy NOW! Occupy Protesters Shut Down Major West Coast Ports, Targeting Goldman Sachs Dec 13, 2011
»»» Nomi Prins @ Democracy NOW! Corzine Grilled over MF Global Collapse After Witness Suggests Knowledge of Misused Funds Dec 14, 2011
»»» ACLU's Chris Anderson Washington Legislative Office @ Democracy NOW! House-Senate Revise Indefinite Detention Bill in Bid to Avoid White House Veto, But Fears Remain Dec 14, 2011
»»» Razan Zaitouneh, human rights lawyer in Damascus, Syria, currently living underground for her safety @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW As Syria Toll Tops 5,000, Activist in Hiding Urges Global Action to Stop Assad Regime Crackdown Dec 15, 2011
»»» Bob Edgar, president and CEO of Common Cause & Benjamin Jealous, president and CEO of NAACP @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Wave of Restrictive Voting Laws Prompts Federal Probes, Grassroots Activism Ahead of 2012 Elections Dec 15, 2011
»»» Gar Alperovitz, professor of political economy at the University of Maryland @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW "Worker-Owners of America, Unite": Will Cooperative Workplaces Democratize U.S. Economy? Dec 15, 2011
»»» Daniel Ellsberg @ Democracy NOW! Start here Bradley Manning: Famed Whistleblower Daniel Ellsberg on Alleged WikiLeaks Soldier’s 1st Day in Court Dec 16, 2011
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW What a Difference an Occupation Makes Community groups worked to combat foreclosures for years before Occupy Wall St came along. Five hundred helpers makes a "world of difference" says anti-homelessness activist and GRITtv regular Rob Robinson.
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» Football Night in America on NBC Ravens @ Chargers! Kickoff at 8:20 pm et
»»» Monday Night Football on ESPN Steelers @ Niners! Kickoff at 8:30 pm et
»»» Thursday Night Football on NFL Network Texans @ Colts! Kickoff at 8:30 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
The 1st Amendment is Our Permit WASHINGTON - October 14 - This is an emergency appeal. Spread it widely. Our permit to occupy is called “The First Amendment.” This morning, Occupy Wall Street protesters celebrated when New York authorities beat a last-minute retreat from clearing Liberty Plaza – as hundreds of labor and other activists rushed to defend the square. But at the same time this morning, dozens of state troopers in riot gear cleared out Occupy Denver protests. In cities across the country, Occupy protesters have faced police violence and arrests. Some occupations have been forcibly removed while others have stood their ground successfully. The authorities say we don’t have the proper permits to occupy public spaces. Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms “the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”
When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
October2011.org October 2011 is the 10th anniversary of the invasion of Afghanistan and the beginning of the 2012 federal austerity budget. It is time to light the spark that sets off a true democratic, nonviolent transition to a world in which people are freed to create just and sustainable solutions. Take this pledge at October2011.org
- "I pledge that if any U.S. troops, contractors, or mercenaries remain in Afghanistan on Thursday, October 6, 2011, as that occupation goes into its 11th year, I will commit to being in Freedom Plaza in Washington, D.C., with others on that day or the days immediately following, for as long as I can, with the intention of making it our Tahrir Square, Cairo, our Madison, Wisconsin, where we will NONVIOLENTLY resist the corporate machine by occupying Freedom Plaza to demand that America's resources be invested in human needs and environmental protection instead of war and exploitation. We can do this together. We will be the beginning."
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.org SOPA If you've been living under an Internet-free rock the past couple of weeks, you might have managed to miss the steady drumbeat of opposition to HR 3261, the so-called Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA). Then again, if you've been living under an Internet-free rock, you've already had a preview of what we're facing if SOPA goes into effect. AmericanCensorship.org has pulled together an infographic that explains in very basic terms the services and sites that are at greatest risk from SOPA here: Infographic: Effects of the Internet Blacklist Bill (SOPA). More info at American Censorship Day READ Internet Censorship: Not Today, Not Tomorrow SIGN NOW! Internet censorship is coming to America. It’s in the form of a bill in Congress that gives corporations unprecedented power to blacklist websites at will. If passed, the “Stop Online Piracy Act,” or SOPA (HR 3261), could rip apart the open fabric of the Internet. People could see their websites disappear from the Internet for a “crime” as innocent as posting a video of themselves singing along to a favorite song. Sign this petition NOW! Keep BTV and YOUR blog alive! Listen to Sam Seder with Tim Karr of Free Press on Net Neutrality [11•10•11]
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net And Alan Grayson is running again in FL-8! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org UPDATE! Manning-Lamo Chat Logs Revealed at wired.com plus The Deeply Personal Details in New Bradley Manning Chat Logs and Bradley Manning Support Network Much more at link.
UPDATE! Kim Zetter WIRED.COM's Threat Level - Bradley Manning Case Advances Despite Defense Objections The defense attorney for suspected WikiLeaks source Bradley Manning opened a pre-trial hearing on Friday morning with a bang — by calling for the investigating officer presiding over the hearing to recuse himself, immediately forcing the proceeding into recess while the government prepares a response and the officer reviews the details of the motion. Defense attorney David E. Coombs called on Lt. Col. Paul Almanza, a reserve military judge who also works for the Justice Department, to recuse himself on several grounds including bias and conflict of interest. ... Coombs raised concerns that there could be pressure on Manning to plead guilty in the military case against him in exchange for providing information that could assist a criminal case against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange or others related to the organization. Almanza was put on the defensive as Coombs also took issue with Almanza’s handling of witness requests from the defense and prosecution. Almanza has rejected 36 of 48 witnesses that the defense is seeking to testify at the hearing. Almanza had initially rejected 38 witnesses, but Coombs revealed in his motion statements on Friday that the court had decided that an additional two defense witnesses may be allowed. Coombs did not indicate which witnesses those might be. ... Coombs said that if Almanza did not recuse himself, he had two lawyers standing by to file a “writ of stay” with the Army Court of Criminal Appeals to halt the proceedings. In that case, Almanza could either suspend the hearing, pending the Appeals court ruling on his recusal, or opt to continue the hearing in hopes the Appeals court will not remove him from the case. Almanza also warned both the government and defense teams that he had received an “extraordinary relief” request from a third party requesting access to the proceedings for his client. While that wasn’t explained, the Center for Constitutional Rights, which represents WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, said today it filed a motion to ensure Assange has “guaranteed access” to the proceedings. ... Update 1:30 p.m. EST: Almanza returned from the recess to announce his decision that he would not be recusing himself from the case. More at wired.com
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,484 US Military Dead as of Dec 17, 2011
AFGHANISTAN: 1,857 US Military Dead as of Dec 17, 2011
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. See Politifact Statements ABC News 'This Week'
• 'This Week' Launches 'The Great American Debate' a series of debates on the key issues of the 2012 presidential campaign.
• Topic: "There is Too Much Government in My Life"
• House Budget Committee chairman Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., and columnist George Will
• Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass., senior Democrat on the House Financial Services Committee, and former Labor Secretary Robert Reich.
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• There Goes the Neighborhood - Recession-fueled foreclosures are causing extremely high vacancy rates in some neighborhoods, ruining the values of the occupied homes and forcing the demolitions of once valuable properties. Scott Pelley reports. Robert Anderson and Daniel Ruetenik are the producers.
• Gardens of the Queen - "60 Minutes" cameras take viewers on an underwater adventure off the Cuban coast to one of the world's most pristine and vibrant coral reefs. But as Anderson Cooper reports, reefs like these are already dying and could disappear someday if mankind isn't more careful. Andy Court and Anya Bourg are the producers.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish. See their website MeetTheFacts.com updating soon!
• Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-OH)
• Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN)
• South Carolina's Nikki Haley (R)
• ROUNDTABLE: Washington Post columnist E.J. Dionne and Republican strategist Mike Murphy
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN) Joe Johns fills in
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.)
• Sen. Robert Menendez (D- N.J.,)
• GOP Presidential Candidate Jon Huntsman
• former presidential envoy to Iraq, Paul Bremer
• former Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. James Cartwright (Ret.)
• Robin Wright author of “Rock the Casbah”
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
• Front Porch Friday!!!!! Bob wraps up the week! Listen now HERE (mp3)!
Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - December 15, 2011 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Arsenic and other tasty toxins contaminate groundwater near coal plants; Use less gas, pay more!; Bizarre meltdown at the Nuclear Regulatory Commission; BP gets a license to drill --- again --- in the Gulf of Mexico; Solar surges in 2011; PLUS: "Human oil spill" outside House Speaker John Boehner's office ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Must-reads: What the Frack?: Add Quakes to Natural Gas Rush; Wisconsin Mine Plan Prompts Backlash; Exxon Mobil predicts surge in hybrid vehicles; Putting US Farmland on a Fertilizer Diet; Killing of Wolves From Air Draws Fire ... PLUS: Facebook Unfriends Coal, Partners with Greenpeace for Clean Energy Future ... and much, MUCH more! ...
BRADCAST UPDATE: Brad sits in on the Mike Malloy Show Friday! FRI 12/16: Separating facts from mountains of disinfo w/ Desi Doyen & Jacob Dean...
Clear Channel May Keep AM Progressive Talk's Green960 on Air in San Francisco After All The only progressive AM talk radio station, Green960, in one of the nation's most progressive cities, San Francisco, may be allowed to stay on the public airwaves after all in the 2012 Presidential Election year!
Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Live! Weekly on KGO PBC Live! Weekly on KGO Your humble host has been remiss in keeping you apprised of his other media activities. Since February, I’ve been hosting a regular weekly show on KGO, the leading San Francisco talk station with a huge coverage area–at night, you can hear it anywhere on the West Coast. TFN (till further notice), you can hear me every Friday night–or, more precisely, Saturday morning, from 1-5 am (PDT) on 810-AM or streaming at www.kgoradio.com. If you’d like to be alerted each week, sign up on Facebook as a fan of “Peter B. Collins Show” or you can follow me on Twitter, @pbcsf
• PBC Podcast 330 Boiling Frogs: Meet Our Video Correspondent, James Corbett Journalist James Corbett is our guest for this Boiling Frogs interview, co-hosted with Sibel Edmonds. We talk about his research on eugenics and his views of the New World Order.
• PBC Podcast 331 Constitutional Crisis! White House Leads Congress to Sharply Reduce Our Rights Shahid Buttar, Executive Director of Bill of Rights Defense Committee, returns to talk about the Defense bill and its Section 1031, which would allow US citizens to be held indefinitely without charge or trial.
• PBC Podcast 333 Harpers’ Tom Frank Returns for a Frank, Slightly Rambling Take on Current Events Thomas C. Frank, lead essayist for Harpers, returns to talk about jobs, payroll tax cut extension, detention of Americans without charge or trial, and to deliver relentless plugs for his new book, Pity the Billionaire, which drops in January.
• PBC Podcast 336 PBC News & Comment, Friday December 16 John Fogerty rocks us into the news that the US occupation of Iraq is over, we don’t gotta take it no more.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! December 16, 2011
• Attorney and author Jeffrey Clements will be here to tell us how a former lawyer -turned Supreme Court justice helped turn corporations into people.
• Journalist Theo Anderson will tell us how people like Rick Perry and Michele Bachmann are trying to divide America with racism.
• Truth Out investigative journalist Mike Ludwig will discuss the federal government’s plan to allow companies like Monsanto to self-regulate.
• And Alternet senior writer and editor Joshua Holland will tell us how the court system has become just another tool of big business.
• VIDEO! Sam Seder: Republicans Win Economic Arguments With Loser Ideas Republicans love to say that you can’t spend your way out of a recession, and yet every credible economist who has analyzed the financial crisis in America has said that the country needs to spend MORE in order to prevent an all out meltdown. But in Washington, politics reigns supreme, and the supply-side Republicans have won the debate over which policy will be put into effect. Sam Seder talks about how the Republican austerity class managed to win that debate with a losing plan with Ari Berman, author of Herding Donkeys.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: How The Court System Will Help GOP Voter Suppression Mike Papantonio appears on MSNBC’s The Ed Show to discuss how the corporate court system in America is going to help the GOP’s voter suppression efforts.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• David Graeber, one of the original Occupy Wall Street organizers, on Debt: the First 5,000 Years, OWS & D12 [12•12•11]
• Occupy DC Hunger Striker Calls Into the Show [12•12•11]
• Spencer Ackerman of Wired’s Danger Room on Drones Over Pakistan, the Military Detention of U.S. Citizens & the U.S. in Iraq [12•13•11]
• Ian of Occupy Baltimore on their Early Morning Eviction [12•13•11]
• J'Tao aka PunkBoyInSF on His 1st Hand Account of the D12 Occupy The Ports Action [12•14•11]
• Chris Cobb aka Occupy Wall Street's Fake Fox News Guy on Wall Street's Role in the Slave Trade [12•15•11]
• Jeff Smith of the Occupy Wall Street Press Team on His Arrest Along with the Rest of The Occupy 17 on D12 [12•15•11]
• Cliff Schecter and Sam Seder talk the GOP Race, the NDAA & More! [12•16•11]
MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityreport.official.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• NEW! MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• Nomi Prins breaks down the MF Global debacle by maxkeiser. Corzine Grilled Over MF Global Collapse After Witness Suggests Knowledge of Misused Funds “Jon Corzine…NO!” WATCH Corzine Grilled Over MF Global Collapse After Witness Suggests Knowledge of Misused Funds (DN!)
• MUST READ: Trustee to Seize and Liquidate the Customer Gold and Silver Bullion From MF Global by maxkeiser. READ Trustee to Seize and Liquidate the Customer Gold and Silver Bullion From MF Global (Jesse's Crossroads Cafe)
• VIDEO! #occupy Jim Rickards: US is shorting dollars… Rickards gets harrassed by NYPD trying to shoot footage at the NY Fed with Dutch film crew by maxkeiser. WATCH Eric King Interviews Jim Rickards (King World News)
• LEAKED REPORT: David Cameron was warned that bankers are, in fact, undermining the UK economy by “actually destroying value for the UK investor at least as fast as the stock market can create it” by stacyherbert. We should applaud this for now these bankers have more of our wealth to trickle back down upon us. But as Max Keiser says, “you can’t have capitalism without capital!” READ LEAKED REPORT: David Cameron was warned that bankers are, in fact, undermining the UK economy by “actually destroying value for the UK investor at least as fast as the stock market can create it” (Guardian UK)
• KEISER REPORT [KR221] Keiser Report – Gold-for-Bonds & Debts-for-What?! We discuss central banks and governments ‘saving the day’ and hostage taking paper silver markets and gold for bonds in Japan. In the second half of the show, Max talks to Satyajit Das, author of Extreme Money, about the European debt crisis.
• KEISER REPORT [KR222] Keiser Report: World Currency War I This week we discuss virtual dollars and American plots and tinned goods and small-caliber weapons. In the second half of the show, Max talks to Detlev Schlichter about elastic money and financial crises.
• KEISER REPORT [KR223] Keiser Report: Möbius Strip of Fraud We discuss re-hypothecating Alec Baldwin’s cake and eating it too. And, as Al Capone before him, JP Morgan’s Jamie Dimon complains of the thankless task of being a “public benefactor”. In the second half of the show, Max talks to Reggie Middleton about German debt and MF Global.
• KEISER REPORT [KR224] Keiser Report: Exotic pet banking fraudsters We discuss Keiser’s GIABO soup for the protesting person of the year and the true cost of bankers. In the second half of the show, Max talks to Leah McGrath Goodman about the price of oil and MF Global.
• ON THE EDGE Euro crisis-On the Edge with Max Keiser-12-09-2011 Guest: Greg Hunter
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1228] The Truth About Markets – 10 December 2011 Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Sheldon Richman December 14, 2011: Sheldon Richman, senior fellow at The Future of Freedom Foundation, discusses his article “Newt Gingrich: Demagogue, Pseudointellectual ” about Gingrich’s assertion that Palestinians are an “invented” people (who therefore have no rights); the NY Times article that debunks Gingrich’s warnings on a doomsday EMP attack; the Republican primary candidates competing to be president of Israel’s fan club ; and why Israel can be either a Jewish state or democratic – but not both.
• Will Grigg December 14, 2011: Will Grigg, blogger and author of Liberty in Eclipse, discusses how a cattle-trespass dispute between a North Dakota farmer and the local sheriff escalated into a “full spectrum military response,” including a Predator drone used for surveillance, and the arrest of the farmer, his wife, daughter and three sons; the greatly expanded scope and definition of domestic terrorism laws from the post-Oklahoma City AEDPA through 9/11 and the PATRIOT Act; why private citizens targeted by the government always seem to live in “compounds;” and the UAV lobby’s effort to get unmanned drones into police and sheriff departments around the country.
• Glenn Greenwald December 15, 2011: Salon.com blogger Glenn Greenwald discusses his article “Obama to sign indefinite detention bill into law;” our return to the McCarthy era when indefinite detention was last codified in law; how the Levin/McCain bill just ties up legal loose ends to 10 years of official government policy previously justified by the AUMF; the broadened definition of terrorism, such that the president could target just about anyone; why we shouldn’t mistake Obama’s initial NDAA objections as a defense of liberty (he just doesn’t want Congress infringing on his near-dictatorial powers); why the progressive/liberal Left is not nearly as good on civil liberties now as during the Bush administration; the coalition of activists outside the mainstream who fight to preserve the Bill of Rights; and how the war on terror is increasingly focused on domestic issues, including this gem from Will Grigg.
Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• Republican Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml