Your Guest List for Sunday's Talking Head News Shows beamed across America by Corporate Media PLUS reports from the best lib/prog media! If you have related STORIES share below! DEBUNK HERE! Throw Bricks!
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ALL LINKS OPEN A NEW WINDOW!!! Click on anything below and be INSTANTLY SMARTER! EURO DISASTER If you read anything this week we strongly urge you to visit The Automatic Earth and read their 1,000th post December 5 2011: Look Back, Look Forward and Look Down. Way Down.
- Ilargi: At the start of a week that has been dubbed "historical" and "one of the most important moments in Europe's history", I can't seem to forget the statements by Merkel and Sarkozy sometime mid-October, when both solemnly pledged that by the end of that month the euro crisis would be resolved. We know where that went. And we also know that establishing stronger fiscal ties across the continent, the somewhat vague "plan" that seems to be worked out in all haste, even if it can be accomplished, which is by no means guaranteed, will take a lot of time. Time that Europe almost certainly won't be allowed. Merkel, Sarkozy, Monti, Draghi, they've lost all credibility in the eyes of the markets. The only thing they still trust them to do is throw more of their people's funds and future funds as free money at the fire, which the markets can then lap up. At some point, though, the free money will run out. Satyajit Das has some nice quotes:
- The Sovereign Debt Train Wreck The US is in serious, perhaps irretrievable, financial trouble. Peter Schiff, president of Euro Pacific Capital, identified the state of the Union with characteristic bluntness: "Our government doesn’t have enough spare cash to bail out a lemonade stand. Our standard of living must decline to reflect years of reckless consumption and the disintegration of our industrial base. Only by swallowing this tough medicine now will our sick economy ever recover." There is a lack of political or popular will to take the action necessary to even stabilise the position. The role of US dollars and US government bonds in the financial system mean that the problems are likely to spread rapidly to engulf other nations. As John Connally, US Treasury Secretary under President Nixon, beligerently observed: "Our dollar, but your problem."
- "Le Snub" - New Cold War In Eurozone Confirmed: Sarkozy Gives Cameron The "Cold Shoulder" Last night, when headlines hit that it was the UK's "fault" for vetoing a joint dictatorial Fra-Ger "compromise" and in essence making the Eurozone summit a total failure (with a follow up summit scheduled for March), it became clear that a new cold war has broken out in Europe: between France (not so much Germany as Germany frankly does not want to bailout Europe if its has to pay for the bail out) and the UK. We now have official video confirmation that the latest conflict in Europe is between the countries just across the Chunnel. The video below of a diminutive Sarkozy giving David Cameron the proverbial cold shoulder (described in painful detail here) will achieve nothing but merely inflame further the animosity between the two countries: just what Europe can least afford right now.
- The Top 30 Global Geopolitical Hot Spots for 2012 The Council on Foreign Relations has released their politically-correctly-named 'Preventive Priorities Survey' or put another way - where-in-the-world-is-stuff-going-to-hit-the-fan-next report. The report is designed to help the US policy community comprehend where the next conflict will occur in the world and the relative catastrophe factor. The 3 tiers of chaos offer a menu of drivers-for-war, likely terrorist targets, and political tensions. Notably they include such systemic factors as the European debt crisis, budgetary limits, and Saudi political instability's impact on oil supplies at Tier 1 (most critical) contingencies.
- The expansion of state power over the course of US history came at the expense of democracy. As state power grew, there developed a disconnect between the theory and practice of democracy in the United States. Ever-greater state power meant it became more and more absolute. This resulted in a government that directed its energies and resources toward silencing those who dared question the state's authority. Such questioning of state power had emanated as a response to mass-based political movements striving to further democracy with an increase in freedom, especially for the downtrodden. This put mass movements in direct confrontation with the elite politics of policy makers. So, over time, as the US government continued on its course of seeking to increase state power by extending ever-greater control over people and territory, it also meant it worked toward a goal to diminish mass-based political movements.
- As a reminder, Antonio Villaraigosa has referred to all of this as “the LAPD’s finest hour.” So that’s what happened to the 292 women and men were arrested last Wednesday. Now let’s talk about a man who was not arrested last Wednesday. He is former Citigroup CEO Charles Prince. Under Charles Prince, Citigroup was guilty of massive, coordinated securities fraud.
BRICK TEEVEE ALERTS!©
COP17 United Nations Climate Change Conference Coverage Democracy Now! is in Durban South Africa covering the COP17 climate talks.
»»» Kumi Naidoo @ Democracy NOW! Greenpeace Director Kumi Naidoo, from Anti-Apartheid Activist to Leading Voice for Climate Justice Dec 5, 2011
»»» John Vidal, environment editor for The Guardian @ Democracy NOW! The Road to Durban: Tracking Global Warming’s Devastating Impact Across the African Continent Dec 5, 2011
»»» Nnimmo Bassey, Olubukola Oyawoye & Zaid Shopeju @ Democracy NOW! At Durban Summit, Leading African Activist Calls U.S. Emissions Stance "A Death Sentence for Africa" Dec 6, 2011
»»» Praful Bidwai, Indian journalist and activist @ Democracy NOW! U.S. Focus on China, India Emissions Burdens World’s Poor, Skirts Own Responsibility–Praful Bidwai Dec 6, 2011
»»» Rajendra Pachauri @ Democracy NOW! Nobel-Winning IPCC Chair Rajendra Pachauri Urges Obama to "Listen to Science" on Global Warming Dec 7, 2011
»»» Mumia Abu-Jamal @ Democracy NOW! Mumia Abu-Jamal Spared Death Penalty After Prosecutors Drop 30-Year Bid for Execution RELATED: South African Archbishop Desmond Tutu Calls for Release of Mumia Abu-Jamal Dec 8, 2011
»»» Abigail Borah, Middlebury College student and environmental activist @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW "I’m Scared for My Future": Student Disrupts Speech by U.S. Climate Envoy Todd Stern in Durban Dec 8, 2011
»»» Wanjira Maathai, Patrick Bond, Pablo Solon @ Democracy NOW! WATCH NOW Wanjira Maathai: U.S. Should "Shape Up or Get Out" at U.N. Climate Talks Dec 8, 2011
»»» Friday Show from Durban @ Democracy NOW! Start here U.S. Publicly Shifts Climate Stance in Face of Widespread Criticism — Then Quietly Backtracks then click "Next story" at the top to see the final day's coverage. Dec 9, 2011
»»» GRITtv @ www.grittv.org with Laura Flanders
»»» FEATURED SHOW The Maldives Face Rising Waters and Despondancy at Durban Climate Conference As the 17th United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, popularly known as COP-17, takes place in Durban, South Africa, Nov 28 - Dec 9, I think of this man: Dr. Mohammed Waheed Hassan, with whom I had a chance to speak this September in New York. Waheed, as he prefers to be called, is Vice President of the Republic of the Maldives, the lowest country on the planet. An archipelago of coral atolls in the Indian Ocean, the Maldives have seen the sea waters around their low-level homeland rise almost 8 inches in the last 100 years and accelerating rates of warming threaten their nation's future. Read the full story at TheNation.com .
BRICK TEEVEE SPORT!©
»»» Football Night in America on NBC Giants @ Cowboys! Kickoff at 8:20 pm et
»»» Monday Night Football on ESPN Rams @ Seahawks! Kickoff at 8:30 pm et
»»» Thursday Night Football on NFL Network Jaguars @ Falcons! Kickoff at 8:30 pm et
BRICK TEEVEE ACTION!©
The 1st Amendment is Our Permit WASHINGTON - October 14 - This is an emergency appeal. Spread it widely. Our permit to occupy is called “The First Amendment.” This morning, Occupy Wall Street protesters celebrated when New York authorities beat a last-minute retreat from clearing Liberty Plaza – as hundreds of labor and other activists rushed to defend the square. But at the same time this morning, dozens of state troopers in riot gear cleared out Occupy Denver protests. In cities across the country, Occupy protesters have faced police violence and arrests. Some occupations have been forcibly removed while others have stood their ground successfully. The authorities say we don’t have the proper permits to occupy public spaces. Our permit to occupy is The First Amendment. Quickly sign the following statement which will be delivered to mayors, police chiefs and major media across the country:
- Our permit to occupy public squares and parks is in The First Amendment, which affirms “the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”
When people across the Middle East occupied public squares, leaders in Washington mostly cheered those protesters and warned Middle Eastern governments not to use force to clear them. Those other societies don’t have a First Amendment. Yet Washington affirmed the universal right to assembly and protest. We do have a First Amendment. The force being used to clear nonviolent protesters from public squares in our country is unacceptable. It must stop.
October2011.org October 2011 is the 10th anniversary of the invasion of Afghanistan and the beginning of the 2012 federal austerity budget. It is time to light the spark that sets off a true democratic, nonviolent transition to a world in which people are freed to create just and sustainable solutions. Take this pledge at October2011.org
- "I pledge that if any U.S. troops, contractors, or mercenaries remain in Afghanistan on Thursday, October 6, 2011, as that occupation goes into its 11th year, I will commit to being in Freedom Plaza in Washington, D.C., with others on that day or the days immediately following, for as long as I can, with the intention of making it our Tahrir Square, Cairo, our Madison, Wisconsin, where we will NONVIOLENTLY resist the corporate machine by occupying Freedom Plaza to demand that America's resources be invested in human needs and environmental protection instead of war and exploitation. We can do this together. We will be the beginning."
NET NEUTRALITY! SaveTheInternet.org SOPA If you've been living under an Internet-free rock the past couple of weeks, you might have managed to miss the steady drumbeat of opposition to HR 3261, the so-called Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA). Then again, if you've been living under an Internet-free rock, you've already had a preview of what we're facing if SOPA goes into effect. AmericanCensorship.org has pulled together an infographic that explains in very basic terms the services and sites that are at greatest risk from SOPA here: Infographic: Effects of the Internet Blacklist Bill (SOPA). More info at American Censorship Day READ Internet Censorship: Not Today, Not Tomorrow SIGN NOW! Internet censorship is coming to America. It’s in the form of a bill in Congress that gives corporations unprecedented power to blacklist websites at will. If passed, the “Stop Online Piracy Act,” or SOPA (HR 3261), could rip apart the open fabric of the Internet. People could see their websites disappear from the Internet for a “crime” as innocent as posting a video of themselves singing along to a favorite song. Sign this petition NOW! Keep BTV and YOUR blog alive! Listen to Sam Seder with Tim Karr of Free Press on Net Neutrality [11•10•11]
CAMPAIGN FOR AMERICA'S FUTURE American Majority Rejects Washington Austerity Consensus – And We Demand Media Coverage by Roger Hickey, President, Campaign for America's Future: No more silent majority. The Campaign for America’s Future is joining with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (whose Co-Director, Dean Baker blogs regularly about economic bias in the media) and with FAIR (Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting) to monitor the media’s coverage and representation of the American Majority views as they go into covering the big deficit fight. But we want to enlist YOU too. Send us accounts of unbalanced coverage in the national media and in your local newspapers and television. Call up reporters, editors, assignment people and tell them when they are under-representing the views of the American Majority. We should have at least half the experts, pundits, quotes and real people represented in their coverage. In a debate as important as the one we are going into, we can’t allow the media to ignore the American Majority. Much more at www.ourfuture.org
MOVE TO AMEND! www.movetoamend.org SIGN HERE NOW! Also visit Rep Alan Grayson's site www.savedemocracy.net And Alan Grayson is running again in FL-8! Help out at CongressmanWithGuts.com
SUPPORT THE TROOPS WHO REFUSE TO FIGHT See CourageToResist.org UPDATE! Manning-Lamo Chat Logs Revealed at wired.com plus The Deeply Personal Details in New Bradley Manning Chat Logs and Bradley Manning Support Network Much more at link.
UPDATE! Kim Zetter WIRED.COM's Threat Level - Feds Withholding Evidence Favorable to Bradley Manning, Lawyer Charges The civilian lawyer for Bradley Manning, the Army private who allegedly leaked tens of thousands of classified U.S. government documents to WikiLeaks, is seeking to question the severity of the leak by requesting the government’s own internal damage assessments that reportedly contradict statements that Manning irreparably damaged national security. Manning’s defense attorney, David E. Coombs, is attempting to get evidence from the government to defend Manning in his upcoming pre-trial hearing on Dec. 16, but says the government is stonewalling him. “The defense has repeatedly requested the below discovery in this case, but the government has consistently responded with a blanket denial of the defense request,” Coombs wrote in the partially redacted filing. ... The filing also sheds light on other likely avenues Coombs will use to mitigate or challenge the charges against Manning, including questioning the actions of President Barack Obama and Manning’s betrayer, Adrian Lamo. ... Coombs’ filing also addresses issues around Manning’s alleged mistreatment in prison, asking the government to hand over copies of all audio and video surveillance of the visitation booths at the Marine Corps brig in Quantico, Virginia, and at Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas, where Manning was moved earlier this year. Coombs requested a video the military apparently took of Manning when he was ordered to surrender his clothing while in custody earlier at Quantico. More at wired.com
UPDATE at AntiWarRadio: Jeff Patterson December 1, 2011: Jeff Paterson, Project Director of Courage to Resist, discusses whistleblower Bradley Manning’s December 16th court hearing, his first after a year and a half long pretrial detention; Manning’s lawyer’s complaints about the government’s refusal to disclose evidence; the life-sentence facing Manning for allegedly leaking information embarrassing – but not harmful – to the government and military; how Manning’s treatment at the Quantico Marine brig clearly violated the UCMJ; and how you can donate to Manning’s legal defense and/or participate in a demonstration supporting him at Fort Meade on December 16th and 17th. LISTEN NOW HERE (mp3)
DONATE YOUR OLD CELL PHONES TO T.J. MARTELL FOUNDATION Help save lives. Donate your old & used iPhone, Blackberries, Droid and other phones to help the T.J. Martell Foundations fund life-saving cancer & AIDS research. For more information, go to www.tjmartellfoundation.org
B R I C K T E E V E E
image ©2006 arkysue
THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
The essential guide for watching government propaganda
IRAQ: 4,483 US Military Dead as of Dec 7, 2011
AFGHANISTAN: 1,852 US Military Dead as of Dec 7, 2011
The Obameter: Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises
Considering Democracy: 8 Things to ask your Representative
- This Week (ABC) with Christiane Amanpour
• Fact Checking ABC's "This Week" at NPR "On the Media" - Jake Tapper, interim host of ABC's "This Week," liked the idea of fact-checking his guests' comments, so he set up a partnership with Politifact, a non-partisan fact-checking organization. See Politifact Statements ABC News 'This Week'
• GOP Candidate Jon Huntsman
• Diane Sawyer and George Stephanopoulos
• ABC News senior White House correspondent Jake Tapper, senior political correspondent Jonathan Karl, and correspondent John Berman from Iowa
• ROUNDTABLE: George Will, Democratic strategist Donna Brazile, and Republican strategist Leslie Sanchez in Washington, and Des Moines Register political columnist Kathie Obradovich from Iowa
- Face The Nation (CBS) Host Bob Schiefer
• Michele Bachmann (R-MN)
• Rep. Steve King (R-IA)
• ROUNDTABLE: CBS News political director John Dickerson and CBS News chief White House correspondent Norah O'Donnell.
- 60 Minutes (CBS)
• President Obama - Steve Kroft questions the president on a wide range of critical topics, including his performance in office, the U.S. economy and unemployment, and the budget woes in Washington. Michael Radutzky and Frank Devine are the producers.
• Howard Buffett - Legendary investor Warren Buffett has chosen his son Howard to succeed him as head of his multibillion dollar holding company. But as Lesley Stahl reports, "Howie" - a farmer - is no chip off the old block. Karen Sughrue and Julie Holstein are the producers.
- Meet the Press (NBC) Host David Gregory
• Meet the Facts at NPR "On the Media" - Last December, NYU professor Jay Rosen proposed something simple yet revolutionary: why don't the Sunday morning chat shows fact check their guests? After "Meet the Press" host David Gregory declined, two college students launched a website to do it for him. One of them, Chas Danner, explains what they're trying to accomplish. See their website MeetTheFacts.com updating soon!
• Ron Paul (R-TX)
• Dick Durbin (D-IL)
• Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
• ROUNDTABLE: Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad, NBC News Special Correspondent Ted Koppel, NBC's Senior Investigative Correspondent, who covered Captiol Hill during Gingrich's tenure as speaker, Lisa Myers, Republican strategist Alex Castellanos, and NBC's Chief White House Correspondent Chuck Todd.
- State of the Union With Candy Crowley (CNN)
At 9 AM ET, Candy talks to the power players: politicians, business leaders and international newsmakers who will make Monday morning's headlines. At NOON ET, Candy wraps it all up with fresh interviews and the best of the earlier hours.
• Republican Presidential candidate Rick Santorum
• Former U.S. Congressman Bob Walker
• Former NH Governor John Sununu
• Obama White House Communications Director Anita Dunn
• Former NH Governor John Sununu
• Republican Tom Davis a former member of congress
• Postmaster general and CEO, Patrick Donahoe
- HEAD ON RADIO with Bob Kincaid
Headon Radio with Bob Kincaid 6 PM Eastern, 3 PM Pacific, 2300 GMT. Duration: 3 hrs. To be part of the conversation on Head-on Radio, call toll-free (877) 443-2366, or use our Liberal community line at 304-658-3333. Email: bob [at] headonradio [dot] com.
• Front Porch Friday!!!!! Bob wraps up the week! Listen now HERE (mp3)!
Amen to the White Rose Society! Donate to Head On HERE!
- YOUR GREEN NEWS REPORT
The Green News Report with Brad Friedman & Desi Doyen: 6 minutes of green news, politics, analysis & snarky comment!
BOOKMARK greennews.bradblog.com NOW!
• 'Green News Report' - December 8, 2011 IN TODAY'S RADIO REPORT: Triumph of propaganda over truth: D.C.'s King of the Deniers, Sen. James Inhofe (R-OIL) takes a victory lap; Deadlock at Durban? Final days of the UN Climate Conference in S. Africa; 2011 breaks its own record for weather disasters; PLUS: GOP threatens to take another hostage to push the Keystone XL pipeline ... All that and more in today's Green News Report!
IN 'GREEN NEWS EXTRA' (see link): Must-reads: "The Brutal Logic of Climate Change" and "The Brutal Logic of Climate Change Mitigation"; EPA finds natural gas 'fracking' contaminated WY drinking water; Coal company put 'profits over people' in mining disaster; $4 billion for energy efficiency retrofits; GOP Jon Hntsman flip-flop-flips on climate denial; 1st floating wind turbine deployed in Atlantic ... PLUS: See for yourself: Time history of e of Meltdown in Japan ... PLUS: The end of world as we know it: a surprisingly uplifting documentary... and much, MUCH more!
BRADCAST UPDATE: Brad LIVE on KPFK every Wednesday 3:30 pm pt Radio Daze: Will Bunch Joins Me on KPFK to Discuss OWS Media; Desi and I Storm 'The Green Front'...
Clear Channel to Replace Green960, San Francisco's Only AM Progressive Talk Station, With Glenn Beck, Other RWers as Election Year Begins
It's Official! OH's GOP Voter Suppression Law Now On Hold, Will Face Referendum on 2012 Ballot Today, Secretary of State John Husted (R), officially certified that opponents of HB194 --- the anti-voting bill that would have shortened early voting hours and imposed other big government restrictions on the exercise of the franchise in Ohio --- were successful in their effort to place the law on the ballot for a voter referendum in 2012. Thus, the act, passed by the GOP legislature and signed by Kasich earlier this year, is officially suspended for now.
Visit BradBlog.com to see who counts yer votes! Reference yer background/research at Who's Counting? too.
- The Peter B. Collins Show PODCAST!
Listen at PeterBCollins.com!
The Peter B. Collins Show covers American news and politics from the Left Coast. Veteran talk radio personality Peter B. Collins, based in San Francisco, delivers fresh interviews, commentary and analysis on a range of important topics, with views and voices you don’t often find in the corporate media.
• PBC Live! Weekly on KGO PBC Live! Weekly on KGO Your humble host has been remiss in keeping you apprised of his other media activities. Since February, I’ve been hosting a regular weekly show on KGO, the leading San Francisco talk station with a huge coverage area–at night, you can hear it anywhere on the West Coast. TFN (till further notice), you can hear me every Friday night–or, more precisely, Saturday morning, from 1-5 am (PDT) on 810-AM or streaming at www.kgoradio.com. If you’d like to be alerted each week, sign up on Facebook as a fan of “Peter B. Collins Show” or you can follow me on Twitter, @pbcsf
• PBC Podcast 323 PBC News & Comment, Tuesday December 6 Our daily podcast today leads with President Obama’s strong speech in Kansas, where he decried trickle-down economics and the assaults on our middle class.
• PBC Podcast 324 Urge Obama to Veto Defense Bill with Draconian Clauses: FBI Whistleblower Coleen Rowley and Patriot Act Victim Susan Lindauer Coleen Rowley, 24-year FBI agent, details Senate debate and 93-7 passage of dangerous bill; Susan Lindauer was detained at a military base and spent 5 years fighting in court to win freedom...
• PBC Podcast 325 PBC News & Comment, Wednesday December 7 Today’s lead: 20 Examples of Obama Administration’s Assault on Domestic Civil Liberties from law professor Bill Quigley, read the list here.
• PBC Podcast 326 PBC News & Comment, Tuesday December 8 Breaking: 2 dead in Virginia Tech shootout; Senate rejects Obama’s nominee for consumer watchdog; Jon Stewart skewers Senate for curtailing our rights.....
• PBC Podcast 327 Author/Expert Nick Bryant Comments on Sandusky/Penn State Case and Others Nick Bryant, author and expert on child sex predators, talks about the Sandusky case at Penn State, and the Nebraska child sex trafficking ring he exposed in his book, The Franklin Scandal.
- Ring of Fire Radio
Find us at http://ringoffireradio.com and http://goleft.tv/ hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder
Ring of Fire Radio - GoLeft TV - Robert F. Kennedy, Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder - Politics, Commentary, and News.
This Week on Ring of Fire! December 9, 2011
• Harvard Business professor and author Joseph Bower will be joining us to talk about how businesses can help make capitalism work for the middle class.
• Attorney Peter Mougey will be here to tell us about the fraud and corruption that is taking place in America’s financial sector.
• J.A. Myerson from Truthout will join us to discuss the Occupy Our Homes event that took place this week.
• And we’ll hear from author Les Leopold about Wall Street’s secret government bailouts that the American public didn’t know about.
• VIDEO! Sam Seder: Disastrous Trade Deals Are Crippling Our Economy Citizens of the U.S. pay some of the highest prices for pharmaceuticals in the world. And now that pharmaceutical companies know they can get away with charging ridiculous markups, they’re looking to the Obama Administration to help them keep this practice going in countries across the globe. These higher drug prices are going to prevent millions of people from having access to life-saving drugs, but it will put enormous profits in the hands of big Pharma CEOs. Sam Seder talks about this with Zach Carter, a staff reporter for The Huffington Post.
• VIDEO! Papantonio: More Birth Control Dangers Revealed We’ve talked a lot about the birth control drug Yaz on this show in the past year, and for good reason. Hundreds of thousands of women have taken Yaz for birth control and many of them did so based on false claims given by both Bayer Pharmaceuticals and their own doctors who were also duped by Bayer. And now, new studies are showing us that Yaz has even more problems than original thought, and could very well be one of the most dangerous birth control products on the market. Mike Papantonio discusses the latest developments in the Yaz case with attorney Chris Paulos.
• Join our blog at www.ringoffireradio.com. You can now SUBSCRIBE TO OUR PODCAST by clicking on the “Podcast” tab at the top of the Ring of Fire blog. Please help support progressive radio by signing up!
Ring of Fire Radio Ring of Fire, hosted by Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Mike Papantonio and Sam Seder: Saturdays at 3 o’clock Eastern, rebroadcasts Sunday nights at 8 pm (4 pm on XM 167) featuring The PAP Attack! "We’ll bring you the stories that the mainstream media didn’t feel like reporting this week."
- Majority Report with Sam Seder Streaming LIVE weekdays 11:30 am et @ Majority.fm!
• Ari Berman of The Nation on Austerity Measures & Strikes in the UK [12•05•11]
• Mark Bray of Occupy Wall Street Discusses Occupy Our Homes Action! [12•06•11]
• Bill Scher of Liberal Oasis & Campaign for America’s Future on Obama’s 12/6/11 Speech [12•07•11]
• Abby Clark, an Occupy Our Homes Organizer on the Fight Against Foreclosure [12•07•11]
• Suki Hawley, Director of Battle for Brooklyn, on One Neighborhood’s Battle to Fight Big Business from Taking their Homes [12•08•11]
• Cliff Schecter and Sam Seder talk Gingrich + more! [12•09•11]
MORE Podcast Interviews at majorityreport.official.fm!
- On the Edge with Max Keiser Podcasts and more @ MaxKeiser.com!
"HI Y'ALL! Tell the people! Tell the people!"
WHO IS MAX KEISER? Max Keiser is a financial expert, Prediction Markets analyst, inventor and filmmaker. He is the creator of the Hollywood Stock Exchange (HSX) the first Prediction Market. Max Keiser co-hosts “The Truth About Markets” on ResonanceFM 104.4 in London. He also produces and presents documentary films covering markets and finance for Al Jazeera’s “People & Power” series. Max Keiser started his career on Wall Street in 1983. He is the creator of KarmaBanque a site that enables activists to challenge corporate power.
• VISIT PirateMyFilm.com!!! Crowd Funding for Pirates!
• NEW! MaxKeiserTV on YouTube! MaxKeiserTV
• “It’s really this simple, Europe: either rebel against the banks or accept decades of debt-serfdom.” by maxkeiser. READ Charles Hugh Smith: It’s Your Choice, Europe: Rebel Against the Banks or Accept Debt-Serfdom (oftwominds.com)
• Holy Larceny, Batman! MFG and JPM used wire transfer reversals to desegregate funds? by maxkeiser. READ On Corzine – MFG in the fog of war (Bruce Krasting)
• Yep, that GLD you’re holding is probably worthless by maxkeiser. READ The Gold “Rehypothecation” Unwind Begins: HSBC Sues MF Global Over Disputed Ownership Of Physical Gold (zerohedge)
• KEISER REPORT [KR216] Keiser Report: Kleptocrats Go for Gold We discuss lunatics for Italian gold and another failed debt auction in Germany. In the second half of the show, Max talks to Mark O’Byrne of Goldcore.com about the European debt crisis and Ireland’s gold.
• KEISER REPORT [KR219] Keiser Report: ‘Feckless’ Parents, Reckless Banks We discuss feckless parents and fiscal unions. In the second half of the show, Max talks to Josh Brown of TheReformedBroker.com about social media snake oil and internet ponzis.
• KEISER REPORT  Keiser Report: Economics is the New Rock’n'Roll with Rick Ackerman
• ON THE EDGE Euro crisis-On the Edge with Max Keiser-12-09-2011 Guest: Greg Hunter
• THE TRUTH ABOUT MARKETS [TaM-1228] The Truth About Markets – 10 December 2011 Download show HERE (mp3)
• Donate to ResonanceFM here!
- ANTIWAR RADIO with Scott Horton
LIVE (9-11am Pacific, 12pm - 2pm Eastern) Plenty of archives too!
Listen at antiwar.com/radio
• Michael Klare December 6, 2011: Michael Klare, professor and author of Rising Powers, Shrinking Planet t, discusses his article “Playing With Fire: Obama’s Risky Oil Threat to China ;” why the geopolitical struggle for oil resources is more about leveraging power and influence than economic exploitation; changing the US foreign policy focus from the Middle East to Asia and the Pacific; China’s increasing dependence on Middle East and African energy resources; and how a US naval incursion in China’s coastal waters is akin to a Chinese fleet dropping anchor in the Gulf of Mexico.
• M.J. Rosenberg December 6, 2011: M.J. Rosenberg, journalist and Senior Foreign Policy Fellow at Media Matters Action Network, discusses his article “American Enterprise Institute Admits: Iran Threat Isn’t That It Will Launch Nuclear Attack;” why the neoconservatives fear Iran getting a nuclear weapon and then not using it, dispelling the “crazy Ayatollah” image carefully created by Iran-hawks; how a nuclear-armed Iran would disrupt the “balance of power,” so the US and Israel could no longer wage undeclared war with impunity; the new round of “crippling” Iran sanctions, which would end conventional trade and create nation-wide black markets; and why Israelis keen on attacking Iran should expect retaliation from Hezbollah’s large arsenal of missiles in Lebanon.
• Robert Stinnett December 9, 2011: Robert Stinnett, author of Day of Deceit: The Truth about FDR and Pearl Harbor , discusses how he found the McCollum memo – outlining the FDR administration’s eight step plan to provoke a Japanese attack – while searching through the National Archives; the radio “listening stations” that intercepted the Japanese fleet’s coded transmissions, earlier decrypted by the US; official orders from Naval command to stand aside and let the attack happen; and Stinnett’s new work-in-progress book, dealing in part with whether Admiral Kimmel’s was complicit or framed-up.
• Philip Giraldi December 9, 2011: Former CIA officer Philip Giraldi discusses his article “Washington’s Secret Wars;” Obama’s newly signed “findings,” authorizing covert operations to destabilize the Iranian and Syrian governments; how the US and Israel use the Baluch Jundallah, Kurdish PJAK and MEK groups to commit terrorism-by-proxy; the MEK’s energetic and well funded campaign to get de-listed as a terrorist group (in order to more easily commit terrorist acts); and how the 1996 neoconservative policy document “A Clean Break: A New Strategy for Securing the Realm” is going according to plan.
Many more interviews at Antiwar Radio!
• “2012: One on One” series of interviews with a Texas Governor Rick Perry
• Mitch McConnell (R-KY)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Brick TeeVee - THEY report. YOU throw bricks. ©
We're here because you're there. ©
First brick is on us!
Get your Foam Bricks at ThrowThings.com HERE!
FAIR USE: Regarding postings which may contain material published online by various sources: This site may present material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We present such material available in an effort to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is presented without charge to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. See: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml